Reviews of InterContinental Wien 5 stars

Johannesgasse 28, 03. Landstraße, 1030 Vienna, Austria

#228 of 316 hotels in Vienna

6.2

Cot bed in the room already when we arrived.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Too many large groups of tourists blocking the reception areas and lifts, but not really the hotel's fault.

Cot bed in the room already when we arrived. It even included baby soap and shampoo which was very thoughtful. Location was very good, near amenities and centre of town.

Very good
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Rooms are toosmall bathroom is too tight air condition does not cool

Standard rooms are too small air condition does not work properly so the room is small and hot on the other hand location is excellent staff are very professional

A travellers delight. HIghly recommended
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access

Nothing. We liked everything and highly recommend this hotel.

Super hotel geared to international travellers requirements. Don't judge a book by its cover. Décor is slightly dated but for a hotel that's 53 years old it has matured well. We wanted for nothing. Particular highlight was the service in the bar in the lobby - absolutely outstandingly warm, fun and efficient. Breakfast buffet one of the best ever encountered anywhere in the world. Location super. Great hotel.

Good location (right in front of the subway station and near...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

They served one bottle of mineral water per day, however, I didn’t receive it on the fourth day of the stay. I called the front desk staff and he said it was only served on the first day and told me to drink water in the sink. But it’s not true. Every day until the day before,the bottle of water was new with “ONE BOTTLE PER DAY” message. I explained that, and the other man said “Because you left a bottle water provided yesterday. So I didn’t fill it up in the frige.” I’ve never been informed of anything like that. When the staff came up to the room, he checked the frige for water and afterthat he supplied it. I felt like a liar and treated unfairly. There was a noise between floors.

Good location (right in front of the subway station and near the sightseeings) Good breakfast

Excellent view as requested.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hallway of my floor had a urine smell.

Excellent view as requested. Helpful staff in getting last minute reservation in a nearby two Michlin Star resturant in stadpark. TV had free movies to watch.

We loved our stay at this hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

We loved our stay at this hotel. Our room was beautiful and the staff were friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. The location was also fantastic.

Highly recommended, a hotel inside a historical building,...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Highly recommended, a hotel inside a historical building, the architecture, the decoration, the service and the friendly multi speakers staff is just amazing.. thank you intercontinental Vienna

Lovely hotel nice and close to where I wanted to be.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately when I was having a nap my main door was opened by someone! Not very nice and an invasion of my privacy. Not sure how this happened since the door was a card swipe only to unlock....Would have been nice to have breakfast provided since the hotel was pretty expensive!

Lovely hotel nice and close to where I wanted to be. Staff were great, helpful and friendly and kind. Felt like a princess in the room and the bed was super comfortable! I was very sick during my stay but the room being so comfortable was much appreciated.

Good location.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Good location. Beautiful interior. Clean rooms. Great bar with the amazing barman who could still remember our fav drinks even several days later when we decided to pop in.

stayed for a 3 nights weekend in vienne in a standard twin...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

stayed for a 3 nights weekend in vienne in a standard twin room at the 12th floor. excellent location in front of the Stadt Park and 10 min. walk from St. Stephanos sq. Nice ambiance of traditional european style. The room was clean, spacious and well kept with a perfect view of the old city. overall - great value for money. Front desk Marco was very helpful and recommended two nice bars near the hotel in the old city for hanging out (and watching the world cup...).

Good hotel to explore the lovely city of Vienna and I will definitely visit again.

Nothing I can fault.

Room very clean and comfortable with view over the park. Staff friendly and helpful. Good location and easy walking distance to city centre attractions.

Breakfast is great
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Expensive parking At checkout I pay with card and the receptionist doesn’t give me a receipt for first payment and it says that I typed a wrong password and I have to pay again. And it was very difficult to communicate with him because was angry that I want a receipt.

Breakfast is great Rooms is clean and comfortable Very nice lobby and bar

The staff was really helpful, and the room was spacious.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a bit old and could really use renovations, considering the price.

The staff was really helpful, and the room was spacious. Great location in Vienna's inner city and right across the street from the U-bahn.

Comfy beds with fantastic breakfast
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was fantastic with lots of options. Brilliant gym and spa centre on the top floor to allow me to keep fit during my stay. Lovely view over Stradtpark and right opposite the U-Bahn station. Walking distance to St Stephens and the centre, easy U-Bahn to Schönbrunn Palace.

Excellent traditional hotel and will be happy to return.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Selection for dinner and quality of food was not great. The seats at window withour shade were too hot due to sun. It was not easy to change table.

Great clean room, efficient front desk, excellent breakfast

It was acceptable

1. Car parking was very expensive in the hotel 2. The Room was little bit small

1.Checking in was very fast and easy 2. Late check out feature was fantastic

Direct access to train station.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Very nice breakfast buffet, attentive staff. Room decor & hotel could use a refresher but ok for a short visit. Bathroom was smaller than I expected, but clean. Bed was comfy. Best part about location is hotel is directly across the street from train station, perfect.

the room was very clean and bed was very comfy, room service...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

the very unconvenient matter is the noisy air conditioning that made me couldn't sleep well. although i asked to lower the noise but it wasn't fixed.

the room was very clean and bed was very comfy, room service was very fast, concierge was very helpful. Metro station is a the door step and is only one station , 2 mn to the city center.

Bathrooms are very small and hard to move without bumping on...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Outdated decor and small bathrooms.

Bathrooms are very small and hard to move without bumping on to the door . I am slim and medium height and it was difficult. It would be ideal if they put a sliding door for the bathrooms as opening the door inwards takes all the room. Unless you close it you can’t sit on the toilet .

A pleasant stay for the 2-days conference
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

After I paid, I discovered that I didn't apply the group discount that we received for the conference. I contacted the hotel asking whether I could get the refund for the price difference. They haven't done it, although it's not exactly a rocket science to apply a refund to the credit card. Just a little more customer oriented service in that segment would have been appreciated. Or at least an attempt to compensate.

Clean, comfy room. Nice welcome gift (local sweets) waited in the room. Friendly, professional staff.

This hotel deserves my warm recommendation.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I can't abstract any detail which made me feel disappointed.

Everything was fantastic (staff, accommodation, facilities..food). This hotel deserves my warm recommendation.

it was great,, till we figured out that breakfast is not included. :)
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

On the early checkup, they make us pay around 40 Euro for two persons, instead of 80 euro which was great, but we though that we pay that money for the early checkup We stayed for one night, and as we arrived early we had our breakfast. On the day when we need to checked out, and we went to breakfast area, they said that breakfast are not included. there was no clear information why we have paid the 40 euro, is it for early check in, or for the extra cleaning, or for the breakfast? this is what we didn't know. Another thing, when we make the reservation using booking.com, we thought that breakfast is included. And that's why we consider 106 euro for two persons + breakfast is a good price. but it turned out that 106 + 66 euro per night for two persons.

We came early around 6 am, and they provide an early check up. and we were really tired, it was like the bless to get rest when we reached.

Very friendly and helpful staff, very clean rooms and...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Very friendly and helpful staff, very clean rooms and comfortable beds and the breakfast was excellent as well. Will always stay at his hotel in Vienna from now on.

There are many much better hotels in Vienna.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was cold. Very old dated. toilet was dirty bathroom was so small. lobby cafes are like self service, waitresses were ice cold as this is kind of a tradition in all around Vienna they are like throwing the plates or cofes in front of you. When we complained about the coldness of the room, it took a while for receptionist to get convinced and decide to send someone, a person came to fix and started arguing with me. The other night was the same as if it hasn't been fixed. We slept with bathropes on.

That they provided toothbrush.

Location and cozy place!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Price could be a bit lower and wifi internet a bit faster.

Very comfy mattress, excellent breakfast selection, great view, 1st class location, very professional staff member Kristina at the reception

Super noisy, worth 3 stars not 5
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Hotel is actually so noisy we felt like we had a train passing near us every 5 minutes because of the elevators noises that resonated all around. VERY inconvenient. I can’t belive this is a 5star hotel. Staff was badly dressed and hotel looked really old and in need of a BIG renovation. Worth 3 stars not 5

Bed was comfortable

Very friendly and helpful staff.
    • Studio Suite with Club Lounge Access

Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent location. Nice view from the room and executive lounge. Good quality and variety of food in Executive Lounge. Very comfortable bed. One of Best accommodation experience.

Excellant priced hotel in great location with friendly and very helpful staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Cant really think of anything

Lovely oldish hotel great breakfast plenty to choose from. Rooms comfortable and within 15 mins from the vienna city center and the cathedral.

Fully paid in advance but they still blocked nearly eur900...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Fully paid in advance but they still blocked nearly eur900 on my cc. This was for a 3 night stay and was much more than the total room cost. Days later the card is still blocked. Our account to finalize was eur0

I enjoyed my stay and was pleased that it was located so convenient to the historic centre.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The breakfasts served in the dining room were mediocre at best. I did not know until half way through my stay at the hotel, having discovered it on my own, that the hotel also had a smorgasbord. I wish that I had been told this when I checked in initially.

The thoughtfulness of the hotel in providing me with a cake and card on my birthday. I was quite overwhelmed given that I was alone and without my wife who died in March of last year. She would have remembered and we would have celebrated my birthday together.

I booked a package including access to Club Lounge on 12th...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was still occupied by the previous guest when I arrived, so I had to wait approx. 1,5 hours.

I booked a package including access to Club Lounge on 12th floor. I had no idea what it meant, it just happened to be the vest available offer for this hotel on booking.com, and I was looking for accomodation at this particular hotel only. The beauty of this is that you can sit in the lounge with free coffee and Internet access while waiting for your room (though I would have preferred my room being ready on my arrival). Free Wi-fi connection worked at good speed in public areas as well as in my room.

Breakfast was very good

In room 725 the airconditioner is out of order, the noise from the airconditioner is terrible. Just go in and check, you simply cannot sleep with such noise. We thought that we should try to change the room but we simply did not have time to spend on this.

Breakfast was very good

sightseeing in Vienna
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access

the room wasn't vacuumed till we asked !

the staff, especially the concierge team were very good. we enjoyed the club lounge, again the team was most helpful.

Overall, I would not stay there again
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access

Room was very hot and staff was not helpful in finding a solution.

Location is great. Luggage porters were very nice. Executive lounge and staff were great.

Good hotel
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Pillows were so soft and bathroom is too small. They should have left more space for bathroom.

Staff is so friendly. Location is Perfect which is almost in Centre. Breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Service was great.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

double bed instead of single wasnt provided even though asked for. Breakfast was included in the booking on line however I had to pay for my wife and I the next day an additional 60 Euros. Other than that great hotel.

Service was great.

The staff are great , very helpful and always smiling.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The furniture bit worn off , carpet could use a change.

The staff are great , very helpful and always smiling. Toilet is small , facilities are good . Breakfast buffet was great with a lot of choices.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Bellissimo!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Loved it! Had no idea what I had booked so it was the icing on the cake when we arrived at the hotel - 11th floor with marvellous views and a bottle of champagne on ice( my husbands 70th birthday) Hotel was first class and Vienna is awesome! Wish we could visit again xx

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Staff went above and beyond to help.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The room was far too warm, even adjusting the room temperature didn't help and neither did having the window open. There were scuff marks all over the walls and the bath was too small.

Staff went above and beyond to help. The breakfast was excellent every morning. The hotel was in a perfect location and we could walk everywhere we wanted to from it.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Nice romantic room in Vienna
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Room next to elevator really noisy, sounds like a constant flow of wind. We got a better room with parkview immediately after we addressed this at the reception. Later on the day there was an apology card on our room with some chocolates from the receptionist.

Nice authentic rooms, friendly staff and great bar ( with real-life gingerbread house)

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

high price, low quality
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

poor behavior of some personnel in the breakfast, mainly the reception lady. It was clear that the main aim of the hotel how to get more money without fair service

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Staff so good
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Location is great,staff is great,i foget big amount of money on the safe box at the room and i found out that after i left the hote i called them and they keep for me and they was very helpful specialy Maria the manger .

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Hotel for short stay
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The Hotel was fully packed. Very noisy. Special request was ignored. Worst experience from all the hotels of the IHG Group.

Very nice location. Beautiful park near hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Excellent Hotel but Wi Fi
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

When you purchase even a small cup of tea in a shop you can use their wi fi system. We purchased room and service in the hotel but wi fi was unnecessarily expensive. It must have been free.

Location, hotel itself and staff were excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

7- star staff in a 4- star hotel with 5-star prices.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

archaic bathroom, bathtub for dwarfs. Bad insulation - if another door opened in the corridor, my window slammed shut.... I paid 244€/night and would still have had to pay for wifi in the room without the voucher I received as compensation for not having a smoking room.

7 star service - especially the concierge and his staff!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Vienna's best 5* hotel which is not heavy on your pocket.

Nothing really.

Friendly staff, excellent facilities, brilliant breakfast buffet. Very good location for access to town centre for shopping and food. Good transport links.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

outdated hotel, not up to Inter. standards
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

- Very old hotel (old furniture, no soundproof you can hear everything from the corridor). - I am an Ambassador member I did not get my benefits and I will send my complain to to the main site later.

- Location is OK. - Good concierge.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Good location, good staff.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Wifi must be free, unacceptable to pay loads of euro per day in 2016. Facilities are very old- it's a jump in the 80s. Value for money not there at all

Good location, good staff.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Excellent location, friendly staff

Small room and bathroom.

Amazing location and very nice lobby. Very comfortable bed.

Close to city

Close to city

Was amazing didn't expect such beautiful stay will come again with my family

Nothing everything was perfect

The staff really make me feel at home

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Typical Vieniese politeness

Typical Vieniese politeness

Bad experience
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff and cleanliness is so tuff and poor

The facilities of the Club
    • Club Double or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access

it is a bit of a old hotel

The facilities of the Club

The bell boy service,house keeping and breakfast staff

Guest service was too slow

The bell boy service,house keeping and breakfast staff

Good
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Right opposite to Stadpark small music concert in summer...
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Right opposite to Stadpark small music concert in summer evening

Needs an update urgently
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Hotel rooms are old and do not meet today’s luxury hotel standards. This is especially true for the miniature bathroom

konumu çok güzel,ulaşım rahat
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

the bathroom was very small

the bed and the pillows was very comfortable

Size of rooms

History

History

• Classic Double or Twin Room

It was old without renovations.

Did not go to Restaurant

Did not go to Restaurant

Excellent Vienna e experience from well located hotel.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Rooms are in need of an upgrade. They are still nice but outdated.

The reception lobby is fantastic for a drink and wonderful ambience.

• Classic Double or Twin Room

Rooms too small and not too comfortable. Overall furnishing looks old, needs to be upgraded

Water is 12 euros!!!

Very good
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Staff knocking the door without calling or by mistake,no don’t disturb sign on the doors

Amazing hotel

Great stay, staff and hotel excellent !!
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

The overall experience was great, bar staff good, breakfast excellent, hotel is fantastic. Never had time to use any of the other facilities.

Old hotel. Not clean enough.
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

Toilets are not clean enough. Old rooms. Very old hotel. Rooms are small. Shower curtain smells.

Close to the center and near the park.

Very noisy doors!

Very noisy doors!!!

I highly recommend the hotel for its prime location and efficient services .
    • Classic Double or Twin Room

I don’t really have any negative observations

The hotel location was close and on a walking distance to many attractions .

Courteous staff