Reviews of Le Meridien Vienna 5 stars

Robert-Stolz-Platz 1, 01. Innere Stadt, 1010 Vienna, Austria

#91 of 325 hotels in Vienna

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Service does not fit the price
    • Superior Room with City View

- when we checked in the hotel gave us a free breakfast for 2 days, when we checked out they tried to charge it - small room - the shower in room 255 was damaged at the bottom - the beauty mirror in the bathroom had paper sticking out of the wall connecting to make it stable, what does not fit this type of hotel - the phone in the bathroom head a new headset, looking white, but the phone itself was older and yellow colored from age. Strange item to save money on - even that we paid at check-out did the hotel kept € 900 blocked on our credit card and this till over 4 days after check-out, what we could not spend for other items. In general did we pay over € 300 a night and this was not fitting the service and small room you would expect for this price, especially after we came back to the hotel after many years.

- Location

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Served purpose, i wouldn't recommend or return this hotel though.
    • Classic Room with Courtyard View

Surly staff in reception. "Upgraded" room = room where you can hear loud music from the bar until 2am.

Toiletries in the bathroom are high quality

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

to expensive for that kind of service
    • Executive Room with City View

1. Check-in too long.We must waiting 45 minutes to enter the room...No one helps with luggage,you have there 4 man,no one ask... 2. Breakfast to poor for 5 star.Coffee machine for espresso no working and only one coffee machine for entire breakfast room?You must waiting in line like in hostel... 3. No coffe machine in the room?In fridge nothing but one water and one pepsi?Where is the hell snacks,beer or some wine?5 star?

Wont go back
    • Studio with Courtyard View

- very old and dirty carpet which made both me and my sister cough all night because of allergies. - very small bed and very close to the ground - tiny wardrobe in super inconvenient corner, dont see how you could stay longer than two days - not very clean, they clean only where they have to (toiletries have not been cleaned for a long time and were dusty). - windows do not open so there is never fresh air in the room - they did not replace amenities or water or dirty glasses - not good value for money overall

Fantastic location
    • Classic Room with Courtyard View

Little cramp at bathroom’s sink area. Need more of flat surface to lay items.

Clean, nice spacious room with well equipped iron and board. 5min walk to Opera House and shopping district. All drinks in the mini bar is included in the room rate.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Breakfast fantastic

Limited tv in English Noisy air con No bath tub

Breakfast fantastic Bed very comfortable Staff helpful & friendly Checkout quick Chauffeur services fast Location fantastic

Clean and breakfast was great
    • Executive Room with City View

The pool was tiny The room was small for a meridian hotel - but location was great. A/c didn't work in our room but staff changed our room straight away.

Clean and breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

There are other hotels on Ring. Le Meridien will not be on my list any more.
    • Superior Room with City View

Staff - bellboys and reception. Bellboys do not greet guests. They just stare through you. I had a car in garage. Checking out I told the receptionist (Romy) that I was paying the room and garage. Another request was to have the car ready, baggage in, to leave sharply at 10:45 as I had an important appointment. The car was ready, but the bellboys stopped me from leaving claiming my garage had not been paid. I went to receptionist who told me that I did not pay for the last day?! Which I could not have known as I did not check my hotel bill. I was there 3 days and was not aware how they charge the garage. So i went back, paid for another day and was late to an appointment. The receptionist also told me that I did not tell her that I had to pay for last day!? It was both embarassing for me, annoying and damaging (late for the appointment).

Location is outstanding

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The rooms director ruined my Vienna experience
    • Superior Room with City View

The rooms director was rude. The airconditing of the room was not working well as witnessed by the staff, but he insisted there was nothing wrong with it. When I complained he became aggressive and defensive.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

enjoyed it worth the price.
    • Executive Room with City View

had to wait 5-10minutes for the first visit to the breakfast but the staff was very efficient and quick to help get people seated and served. the staffs conduct more than made up for the wait.

the heigth to the roof in our room was very welcome made the room feel large and spaceious. i feared that the noise from the city would be a big factor but when we closed the window it was very silent. staff was very friendly and proffesional and keen to help in every way. smooth check in and check out and also help to suggest places to see. we can absolutley recommend to other couples. the hotel is situated between two main places to visit in walking distance so perfect.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Vienna is a wonderful city and the perfect location of the hotel certainly was helpful in exploring.
    • Executive Room with City View

1. We were not overwhelmed, to say the least, by the walk-in shower which we found not very easy to use 2. We did not like the need to ask repeatedly for amenities that should have simply been waiting for us in the room, simple amenities like a shower cap or a fresh bar of soap 3. We found that the storage options were much too limited, there was not enough space in the cupboard, and the lack of any drawers was especially disturbing 4. We were surprised that there was no coffee machine, Nespresso or something similar in the room. We expected that a 5 star hotel would propose a good coffee in the room

Perfect location, perfect breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Marriott is an excellent brand, but La Meridian in Vienna does not reflect it.
    • Executive Room with City View

value, the room layouts, lack of consistency in replenishing the items in the room (coffee, water!!). Really crowded breakfast area, if it was not for very good staff it would be terrible experience.

Location, staff and ambience.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The location is great, close to everything,we didn’t need to...
    • Executive Room with City View

There are not enough electricity points to charge our mobile device

The location is great, close to everything,we didn’t need to take trains or buses at all. The room was amazing. Great breakfast The staff are very nice and helpful

Top notch stay as always. Thank you Le Meridien!
    • Superior Room with City View

The bed was a bit too soft.

The hotel provided a portable Wi-Fi hot-spot with the room which we found to be very helpful. The hotel was also conveniently located and very fashionably decorated.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Could be good if noisy neighbours could be properly managed or kicked out of the hotel
    • Deluxe Room with Courtyard View

noise a family stayed in 2 rooms on the upper level. We complained twice to the reception, we even captured the noise. Nothing was made, and it lasted over the stay (4 nights)

breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Thanks to Anja for a wonderful stay
    • Classic Room with Courtyard View

Electric curtains outside didn't work and the indoor ones didn't blackout.

Thanks to Anja for a wonderful stay Lovely hotel in grand setting and location with newly renovated modern rooms and good breakfast

Perfect location.
    • Executive Room with City View

The room was located on top of the restaurant and I could hear all the music from first thing in the morning until late night. House cleaner was bad for such hotel. The room wasn’t clean and she didn’t replace what was missing. She didn’t clean the room until noon and when I entered the room she was complaining and talking to herself and I couldn’t understand.

Perfect location. A steps away from opera house and Stephan street. Near to city tour buss. Lovely room and great breakfast.

Fantastic luxury family friendly hotel close to everything !
    • Superior Room with City View

Bar downstairs - whilst very cool and stylish, we would have liked a more varied food menu for an evening bite as it was very niche and fussy.

Excellent location within walking distance to all attractions and eateries. Great facilities and amazing buffet breakfast too Staff are all super friendly and were very accommodating for us and our little one (1 year old)

Lovely spacious room, great breakfast and really friendly...
    • Superior Room with City View

The spa was adequate but did not feel sumptuous- more like the pool and sauna facilities attached to a gym. Better mood lighting and some softer design touches might help.

Lovely spacious room, great breakfast and really friendly staff.

Perfect business hotel
    • Superior Room with City View

This hotel is very comfortable - my room (though I did get an upgraded room) was very large and comfortable. Breakfast had a good choice and all in all, for a business trip, the hotel was perfect.

I liked their cozy rooms and facilities inside.
    • Classic Room with Courtyard View

I did not like the salon where the breakfast was served. It was a narrow corridor with dishes on both sides and when it was crowded, huge lines were shaped for getting for example an omelet etc. Also people needed to be super careful walking around with their plates and not to bang into each other and make a mess. Moreover the restaurant was too crowded and noisy at the time of our stay which was not the perfect feeling you expect when you want to start your day off, relaxed, at a 5 star hotel. I also think one elevator was not enough to serve half of an 8-floor-building with 50 rooms in each floor! The internet connection was also not very stable! Overall the services provided were a bit overpriced. For example the hotel let you rent the bikes for 5 euros per hour which was much more expensive than the public bike in the city. One night some strangers tried to enter our room (maybe mistaken their room number with ours). It was scary because the only thing that did not let them get inside was the manual lock! We told the hotel staff the day after and the only thing they said was "Sorry that happened!" I do not know what I expected from them but maybe offering to change the room could have been comforting (although we would have not certainly taken the offer).

I liked their cozy rooms and facilities inside. we came for business and the room was calm and neat. we benefit from the portable modem in the room. The pastries and fresh fruits provided in the breakfast were delicious. I liked the location of the hotel, as well. It was basically in the walking distance of several tourist attractions.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

4 star but not 5

- It is a good 4 star hotel but not a 5 star hotel - Staff messed the rooms so guests didn't get the rooms they paid for. - Conditioning didn't work in one of the rooms. - Line at the egg station was 15 mins!!!

Real nice location, good bathroom

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Perfect location.
    • Superior Room with City View

Safe didnt work. Hotspot didnt work. No towels. No milk. Next day..drinks were taken out of the fridge and not replaced and no milk again. Housekeeper told us to go get it from the restaurant. Ceaner left her red cleaning cloth on the sink. Third day...cleaned the bathdoom I was in bed sick, forgot to clean the mirror, left a dinner plate, and 4 empty soft drink bottles. Housecleaning is useless. Staff very polite but all seem to be kids. Breakfast staff member complaining to other staff about a useless new worker. We were trying to enjoy a peaceful morningg.Ordered a doctor and were told 10am. 12pm we called again and were told doctor would not come for the flu. Someone forgot to tell us. Insurance company insisted on doctor so finally got one. Bronchitis diagnosed. We must have just been unlucky but as a travel blogger this did not go down well. Was stressful. They kept checking to see if all was ok...i just said yes...I couldnt be bothered anymore complaining about housekeeping as it didnt help. Very stressful time for us.

Location and nice rooms

Le Meridien Vienna

Breakfast buffet area was tight and hardly space to move around and had egg cooking smell Egg cooking sheff doesn’t understand English very well and miss orders sometimes

Very nice and welcoming staff, friendly and helpful. Good location and good breakfast

Breakfast was great.
    • Superior Room with City View

The rooms were clean. However, I did expect the rooms to be furnished as in a 5 star hotel. The furniture looks as if it is a 4 star hotel.

Breakfast was great. Staff were friendly and helpful. Great location.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Had a very pleasant stay. Would definitely recommend to friends.
    • Superior Room with City View

House keeping was a little weak. Had to call and remind to get it cleaned.Also were not replacing the coffee,tea sachets in the room. And the WiFi in the room was very weak.

Very friendly staff.The rooms very nice and big.and clean.

Wonderful hotel
    • Executive Room with City View

The bathroom door can’t be locked!

Hotel rooms Friendly staff Recognition of our special requests and fulfilled them Breakfast was good Location was very good

The hotel is in a good location an easy walk into the centre...
    • Superior Room with City View

The hotel is in a good location an easy walk into the centre of town. The room was very comfortable and the wifi worked well. The indoor pool and small health club was excellent. A really good breakfast as well.

Nice hotel at a great location
    • Executive Room with City View

Some staff were not very customer oriented. Lack of attention to detail, issues in the bath tub, mobile internet did not work.

Room was comfortable, location was great and breakfast was really good.

GREAT PLACE IN CENTER IN VIENNA ,NICE PEOPLE WORKING IN THE...
    • Superior Room with City View

BAD WORKING A/C IN THE ROOM . WE HAD TO BUY A FAN TO GET GOOD SLEEP .IT WAS TOO WARM.SMALL BED IN THE ROOM.IT WAS FIRST TIME IN 5 STAR HOTEL BUT I DID NOT SEE THE DIFFERENCE FROM 4 STAR HOTEL ,I GUESS YOU PAY FOR THE PLACE IN THE CENTRE.POOL IS NOT LIKE YOU THE PICTURE.FOR 5 STAR HOTEL YOU THINK BIGGER AND NICER POOL.I WILL NOT COME BACK ,ITS NOT WORTH THE MONEY ,YOU CAN SAVE MONEY IN 3 OR 4 STAR HOTEL AND YOU GET SAME .

GREAT PLACE IN CENTER IN VIENNA ,NICE PEOPLE WORKING IN THE HOTEL.CLEAN HOTEL.

Great staff that rocks big time, awrsome location and pleasant room

I liked everything.

Location, room and above all the staff, at the reception and eduard were absolutely fantastic and extremely helpful. I would stay here again.

Relaxing...!
    • Superior Room with City View

Hotel service isn't consistent 24 hours. We waited for a long time for the concierge to pick up our luggage from the room during check out. No one showed up so we went down with our bags ourselves. When we came to the hotel there wasn't anyone on the door to greet us and take our luggage as well! The pool is too small. The hotel is spectacular but it didn't feel like a 5 star hotel. Beds are too small if not executive, they shouldn't be "double" rooms for "two" persons because two cannot simply fit on the beds that are in the other rooms, which made us upgrade to the bigger beds.

Beds are comfortable! Minibar treats! Spacious rooms and big beds (which are only available in executive rooms). Location is perfect! Breakfast is delicious!

1- A lot of trash near the Corridors
    • Superior Room with City View

1- A lot of trash near the Corridors 2- Bad customer service 3- Bad bathroom (Lake in the water) 4- Nuisance in the lobby because of the night club. 5- bad valley parking service

Best hotel ever. Thank you very much for all staff who wrok there for their kindness
    • Superior Room with City View

I loved the room, the services. Staff are very friendly, and very professional and helpful. All were outstanding and it was the best hotel I have every stayed in. I would like to thank each one who works there for the kindness and

Bad experience and I will never come back at this hotel.
    • Superior Room with City View

The room wasn't clean - I found the socks of the previous client on the floor, the next day the housekeeper came at 17.30 to clean the room, I didn't have skin care products, not even a shower cap.

Nice location. I also like Le Moët Champagne Bar.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great stay!
    • Classic Room with Courtyard View

The beds are too small For a 5 star hotel, there should be security on the door always available (not the case here sadly) greeting hotel visitors and helping them with their luggage. I asked for an event’s tickets, staff were supposed to keep me updated, didn’t hear anything back, so I ended up trying other methods to find tickets. Although breakfast was great, there wasn’t a great variety. Generally expected more from a 5-star hotel.

Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was great! Hotel and rooms were clean. Staff were very polite and cooperative. Location is perfect.

the hotel's room design.
    • Executive Room with City View

I asked for car parking they give me unvalued card to enter the parking area. the card wasn't work for the hole period. I spoke to the parking stuff and they told me to replace the card. whenever I reached the front desk to replace the card, one of the stuff (who work in the front door) involve himself and saying the card is working and bla bla bla. beside that when I reached I came to know that they r charging 5Eruo for every time you ask them to park your car.

the hotel's room design.

It was a wonderful choice to stay at Lee meridian Vienna.
    • Executive Room with City View

My son was sick on the last day. We spoke to the room service to order soup for him. The chef came to our room and ask my son about the soup that he likes. They sent soup and tea as a complimentary. The staff and service was excellent.

DESIGN HOTEL NEAR FABULOUS MUSEUMS

good question ))

Lovely contemporary hotel near all the best museums in Vienna. Very nice breakfast.Nice staff...lovely design Good wifi. Bravo

Amazing hotel and spacious rooms.
    • Superior Room with City View

The service isn’t worth a 5 stars hotel. I once asked for towels and it came after 2 hours...

Amazing hotel and spacious rooms. The location is just great, 5 min walking distance from the main road of Vienna.

Great location, exclusive feeling
    • Deluxe Room with Courtyard View

The hotel lobby was closed on one night for a private party and we had to go through waves of people to get to our room. The noise was unbearable, but luckily we could not hear it from our room. The spa is poor, the only option is one type of massage.

The deluxe room was spacious, but with no view. The location is right next to the state opera house. The staff was helpful and kind.

staff were very accommodative .
    • Deluxe Room with Courtyard View

staff were very accommodative . when we arrived there were few conferences happening there so it was a bit crowded and express our concern so they upgrade our room and gave us a bigger rooms. which worked out really well. when they found out that I was celebrating my birthday they surprised us with a birthday card from staff and pastry which was a very nice touch. location is very close to Opera house and ring cable car.

Excellent. My expectations were exceeded.
    • Suite

The hotel is in an excellent location. The buffet breakfast was well organised and offered an excellent choice. The rooms were spacious and well-specified, and kept very clean.

all staff were so helpfully specially stephan (conceirg...
    • Classic Room with Courtyard View

once i arrived they asked me for deposit from my credit card and it will be released in 48hrs after check out and on the next day they take from my credit card the all amount of stay after i checked out for 2 weeks money dose not back....warning any one to give them deposit

all staff were so helpfully specially stephan (conceirg staff)

Amazing!
    • Classic Room with Courtyard View

Beautiful recently renovated hotel with amazing lobby, very sylish bar and restaurant area. Breakfast was one of the best I've experienced in this kind of hotels. The bed was amazingly comfortable as well. Location is superb - just 2-5 minutes walk from all major sightseeing and shopping areas.

People in all areas of the hotel were friendly and efficient.
    • Superior Room with City View

People in all areas of the hotel were friendly and efficient. Room was spacious, comfortable and bathroom was of the very highest standard. What a pity the pool is so small!

Overall it was okay but in general i had higher expectations for a 5 star hotel.
    • Executive Room with City View

The facility is not in a good shape, many things where broken in my room. Moreover, the whole facility needs more attention from the managers to the details. At the end its suppose to be a 5 star hotel right?

Staff was friendly and the location is very good. The food was good and they are very friendly to pets, I personally have very high respect of hotels, which encourage and give the opportunity to the travelers to travel with their pets.

Visit to Vienna and running the marathon in Vienna was a success thanks to Merdien Hotel !

Nothing !

Everything was absolutely perfect. Service is high and confort is a must. We do recommend defintiely this hotel in Vienna. We will be back next year ! Thank you to the reception staff particularly to the manager of the hotel who did perfectly the suitable arrangements on the marathon race event. Thank you to all the staff for high professionalism.

Very good hotel, close to Technical Univ. of Vienna.
    • Superior Room with City View

Unfortunately the air-con wasn't working properly, so 2 of my 3 nights were quite uncomfortable for sleeping.

Breakfast buffet was very good, and front-desk assistance was very pleasant and helpful. Really liked the room design and "feel."

I was impressed by the warm, sincere and excellent hospitality.
    • Deluxe Room with Courtyard View

- friendliness of the staff - modern and bright room product - great breakfast selection - efficient service - cleanliness of the hotel - location

Awesome stay
    • Classic Room with Courtyard View

Superb welcome at the receiption, really friendly staff. Room immaculately clean, modern and nice design. Bar very cosy and romantic. Breakfast was delicious.

Great experience.
    • Executive Room with City View

One small problem happened with house keeping, they were late in taking laundry.

As usual with this chain of hotels, it was great. Clean, comfortable and large rooms. The location was excellent at the heart of the important landmarks and museums. Also the opera and shopping area was very close. Helpful and excellent staff. Food was great too. I really enjoyed my stay.

An average hotel, nothing special
    • Suite

They have charged us twice for one breakfast. My husband has paid in cash to the receptionist and then, she has charged us again on the credit card for the same thing. They still haven’t answered my email about that mistake.

The room was not what we expected from the pictures. We got the suite, art experience one and the furniture was very used. We didn’t like the overall design of the room as we have expected it to be something more modern, based on the photos here. Lobby was beautiful. They have cool amenities in the room and the mini bar was free, which was cool.

Excellent location and nice hotel but a little uninspiring
    • Classic Room with Courtyard View

The room was very standard for what we were expecting from a hotel like this. It was a nice room, but lacking character and a bit bland - for the price we were a little disappointed. The room was much too hot and despite turning the climate control down from 28 to 17, it did not make any difference. However, while we were there it was extremely cold outside (-12 when we left) so perhaps the hotel had just cranked up the heating to compensate for the outside cold.

The room had a very nice bathroom, with a lovely freestanding bath. The location was super, walking distance to everything. The building itself is an impressive structure among many impressive structures and the staff were helpful and polite.

Supercalifragilisticexpralidicious!
    • Classic Room with Courtyard View

Pool warmer and more loungers, we went for swim but too cold & full of kids, didn’t even go in!!

Fab location, superb room, staff amazing, bar Prices very reasonable, food amazing.

Tiny Details make the difference
    • Classic Room with Courtyard View

for both days of my stay, the jaccuzzi was offline from 2030pm, the personnel could not explain the reason of this, and all they told me is that the machine is broken, on both days of my stay the jaccuzzi was operating normaly during me entering the facility, but when I changed and went to use it went offline.

the people

The room was very clean, the breakfast was great, the best I...
    • Executive Room with City View

We were woke up two times in the morning by the room cleaning service. There were some children in the sauna and hammam..... and they were also in the whirpool making some noise. But in this case I undestand it’s not a fault of the hotel, but of the guests.

The room was very clean, the breakfast was great, the best I ever tried. Personal trainer in the gym. The wifi worked very well and the room was very silent.

First class hotel - location, facilities & approach all superb.
    • Executive Room with City View

Would have welcomed more vegetarian food options - but to be fair I didn’t ask for any.

Members of staff were polite, welcoming & helpful. The property was well maintained, although it appears the rooms have been refurbished & some of the corridors leading to them are still in progress. Cocktails are amazing! Food looked & tasted fab, although not as many vegetarian options as some. Hotel supplied a fab free Wi-fi gadget - superb!! Loved our stay & will be keen to book this hotel for future visits.

Memorable hotel stay in Vienna
    • Classic Room with Courtyard View

The staff made our anniversary and Christmas stay at the hotel extra special by upgrading us to a bigger room and surprising us with some gifts. The complimentary minibar was also very nice. Great service, spacious clean rooms, amazing shower and free access to pool and gym. Location is very good too. We enjoyed our stay there very much.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

room was very clean.

room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Friendly staff and good services to clients

The food was amazing .

very good

is a very good hotel

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

terrible stay in this hotel because of the mattress. felt the back pain when you wake up .
    • Executive Room with City View

the mattress didn't support at all. Need to change it right away for this five star hotel.

very good location

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Very happy

Not much

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The room was not prepared eve 2 h after the announced time. they lost but also found my luggage

Staff attitude

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Location of the hotel is very good, room is quite and...
    • Superior Room with City View

Air condition and wentilation could be better,

Location of the hotel is very good, room is quite and comfortable

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Location, Friendly Staff, Food, Value for money

Bed & mattress

Location, Friendly Staff, Food, Value for money

Very comfortable room and bed.
    • Deluxe Room with Courtyard View

Very comfortable room and bed. Breakfast choice & quality of food excellent

stunning location.
    • Superior Room with City View

Our room was a little too warm.

Location was perfect.

It was a simply great customer experience.
    • Superior Room with City View

It was a simply great customer experience. Everybody was helpful and friendly.

Excellent location.
    • Superior Room with City View

The air conditioning did not work so well on a hot summer night

Excellent location. Clean and efficient

Location & concierge staff
    • Executive Room with City View

I had to reject 5 rooms they offered me to have finally the rooms i had booked. This is called stealing

Location & concierge staff