Reviews of Hotel Pension Lumes 4 stars

Weihburggasse 18-20, 01. Innere Stadt, 1010 Vienna, Austria

#46 of 82 B&Bs and Inns in Vienna

This small boutique hotel offers a very friendly service and surprises with the spacious rooms and proximity to the main attractions of Vienna. It took us 5 minutes to get to St. Stefan cathedral!

Dependable staff who spoke English.... (Don't get me wrong, woman was very nice)

I took a 15 hour layout with airlines to Enjoy Vienna for one night, and my first time there.... The check in was on second floor with a woman who only spoke German and Russian.... I asked for a wake up call for airport, which never came... There's a gated locked fence...I could not open with key supplied, so I depended on this woman who couldn't speak English, not to leave her post so I could get something to Eat for Dinner....I was so afraid to depend on her being there that I ran out for a Hot Dog, and ran back to the Hotel, sat in my room watching CNN on a small, old TV, not what I had hoped for... the Hotel in great location...too bad I couldn't enjoy it.... Hotel only 12 minutes from train from airport, one stop, 21 Euro's round trip, Great train system! No one at Hotel when I checked out, no breakfast for me before checking out... THE HOTEL, except the old color TV, reminded me of something out of a World War II movie, which I liked a lot! QUAINT!!!!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The lift could only accommodate 2 people and only a single suitcase. We had the apartment on the 3rd level and it was very poorly maintained. The water heater kept making noises like it was reigniting. The shower looked like it hadn’t had a good scrub in months. There was mildew in the grout. The pillows were of very poor quality, paper thin. The apartment was to accommodate 4 people but you couldn’t use the kitchen table for a meal for 4 people.

Location. Washing machine (although no drier)

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The cleanliness was poor, with a towel having a massive stain on it upon arrival. The towels where miss matched and appeared to just be random old towels. The bathroom cleanliness was questionable and the shower head wouldn’t stay in place. The internet intermittently works and is not reliable. In an apartment for 6 people there were only two wine glasses.

The location was excellent. Even though the accommodation was in great location (close to public transport, food and places of interest) the area was still quiet.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The elevator, it's more than 30 years old, it can not elevate 3 grown people. When you pay 60 euros cleaning fee, you expect the clean apartment, but there was dust everywhere. Kitchen is equipped with old appliances, and the bathroom mirror is not fixed properly. Someone could get hurt.

Location is very good, in hart of the city. Friendly staff, they were very helpful.

Lift too small for a standard pram and was up a set of stairs to get to. Parking offered either on street (which is near impossible) or in a public car park 10+ minute walk away!

Got a good last minute deal so the price was ok, but otherwise over priced for what you get.

Because I read in booking.com that this hotel is 4 star but it has not it .it was very very bad and I am not satisfy at all

When I use booking.com I like that it introduce a good hotel because I go with my family

• One-Bedroom Apartment

It is a very old flat in a 100 year old building. The bathroom is in very bad condition. It needs to be renewed. The parquet slammed, and there are very old fashioned furnitures.

The location is very good, very close to the city center.

We checked out early morning qbout 6.30AM, but didn’t find anyone at the reception. It just occurred to me no one there if anything emergency happens. The staff are okay, but apparently 4star for this hotel need to be questioned.

Well its near centrum. We could find the hotel quite easy.

The location of the hotel was increadable! right in the old city center and pretty much close to everything. On the very first day we arrived to Vienna a little bit latter then we originally planned due to trains delay- and the hotel actually called us to the cell phone no. we wrote to check if we are o.k!! greate service!

There is no parking place for the hotel, although it was in their page! We had to use public parking slot for our car for extra money.

good location, simple but good quality breakfast.

Breakfast is not free but 7E/person/day. I somehow understand why, but this can be improved somehow. Not very easy to find (being a quite small street). Noisy neighbors. Location is 4 to 4,5 stars but let's say the room is 3,5 according to my our experience. Overall an excellent place to stay for a city brake in the Vienna center!

Friendly staff. The complementary tea and coffee. Satellite TV. Fridge. 3 minutes walk from St. Stefan church (center of the center) and metro station. Elevator. No parking but the staff recommended a 10E/day parking only 900m away (cheapest in the city center, Karlplatz). Furniture is somehow old but adequate, considering the building and location. Not too loud outside although it is a quite busy street near many bars and restaurants. Location is at equal distance from most "must see" tourist attractions. Most can be done on foot or metro from the St. Stefan church metro.

No service from 7pm to 7am, if ur with family and have many bags no one to assist. The lift isn’t very small and the area gets scary at night.

Excellent location just near Stadpark and very friendly staff

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Very basic bathroom facilities and beds were not adequate for five people as two of them had wafer thin mattresses.

Spacious and with good tea making facilities

All staff leave hotel at 7pm for the whole night so guests left on own. Security issue?! Our TV not working at 7.30pm, called the out of hours number and owner said she was not in hotel and we would have to wait til morning for fix

Very close to old town for tourist sights. Not over-priced like many Vienna hotels. Very friendly and super-helpful reception staff

Shower seemed to not be clean or maybe it just needs an update. If it's hot keep in mind they do not have air conditioning. It's a bit weird how the hotel is on the second floor , but there is signage. There probably should be a bit more info given about entering the property.

The room was cute and had tv, fridge, phone, tea coffee etc. loved the curtains haha Location was brilliant, not a far walk from the train station from the airport. And really close to the inner part of Vienna and not far to walk to a museum quarter.

It was in an old apartment building with not an obvious entrance and a very small elevator for two. Traveling with an elder and several bags of luggage that we had to transport. Room on the side was hot. No one at front desk after 7 p.m. I did not realize that the word pensione was that it was with Apartments. I think booking.com should make that more obvious. The pictures of this place were deceiving. Was promoted as a four-star with reviews but was not close to the experience we had in other cities with the same rating. Did not include breakfast when most others do. Would not recommend.

Staff was courteous and made good dinner recommendation. Also lent us the adapter which was very kind. Location was very good.

High price for what you get. Not much in the way of space. Better for only 1 or 2 people.

The hotel was within walking distance to the city center and all the shopping.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

I arranged to arrive at 22:00. However, the street door to the block was locked and there was no response from the bell. A person nearby was able to let me in & I took the lift to the 2nd floor. I could see that reception was lit up but there was no-one there. I rang the bell, I could here it ringing but again no response. The person outside kindly telephoned, which was answered & I eventually got in. The receptionist in the morning confirmed that there was a note giving my arrival time which had obviously been ignored. I really did think at this time that I would have to try & find another hotel. It would perhaps be a good idea to ensure an earlier arrival when reception is certain to be open (before 19:00!)

Very well located in central Vienna. After the initial difficulty (see below) the rest of my stay was good with no further problems.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment for four persons. The apartment was very spacious, but also very old. It wasn't properly clean and the beds were very uncomfortable.

Breakfast - Was a basic breakfast but the food was nice; Location - Very close to the city center.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Air conditioner, pillows, lift all very bad condition. Air conditioner not cold and underpowered. Pillows are flat and lift very small only can take 2 persons. Building very old and run down

Staff friendly and helpful

No parking instructions on the website so I was not able to prepare where to park in advance. The area is terrible for finding a free parking space, especially on weekends because it's for free and packed with cars. In addition, most of parking spaces in the streets are reserved for residents only. I ended up parking in a garage in Weihburggasse for 48€ for one night only!

Excellent location

Location is excellent , staff very friendly and helpful. We had to take a very early morning full day tour, so Pavlo ( from the reception) very kindly packed a full breakfast for us with boiled eggs, cake , cheese, butter, Nutella , milk, fruits. We were overwhelmed by his helpfulness.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

The room was big and clean. The bathroom small. The hotel is very centrally located and we could walk all over from there. Great value for the money too.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Very tiny elevators/lifts and climbing the stairs next to the elevator every time because I, my wife, daughter couldn't fit in with the four months old baby stroller.

Strategically located in the heart of this city. My wife and I were extremely pleased with the walking distances to every attractions we wanted to see and do. Shopping, parks, architecture. Very friendly staff. Loved it. Will definitely stay here again if it's just my wife and I.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Parking was not reserved. It was mentioned on the booking "no need for reservation, Parking available". There was no parking at the hotel and we parked it closeby for a very expensive price. We had reserved for 6 people and the apartment had only 1 bathroom for everyone. Only 4 people had comfortable beds. It was probably for 4 people allocated for us 6.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

When I have read the reviews i have seen that some peole complanied about the small lift. Well, people! There are stairs right next to the lift! The hotel is only on the 2nd floor, it is quite possible to use stairs. In fact, the lift is really small, some oversized luggage maybe wont even fit in.

Location is superb. This hotel is perfect for a short stay in Wien. Obviously, this is not a wellnes hotel, but it is worth of the price. Other hotels in the neighbourhood are much more expensive. Very clean hotel, with great staff. Wifi worked just perfect.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The WiFi barely worked over the several days of our visit. (We don't have international mobile phones, so we rely on the hotel wifi for researching our explorations, so this mattered to us.)

The location was excellent. It was a large space for family traveling with children.

Limited choice for breakfast. Lift only held 1/2 people

Excellent location to walk or use the underground. Friendly, helpful staff who spoke excellent English.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Breakfast was very meagre and poor for the price paid staff frequently failed to replace items and sometimes there was very little to eat. Room had kettle and tiny cups but no coffee, tea etc. Room was very hot and uncomfortable, needed to keep windows open all night. This Hotel is on what appears to be one of the upper floors of a multi use building and is served by an ancient tiny lift that is safe only for one person and their luggage at a time. Wifi is very low strength or does not work, it seems to go off altogether when reception staff leave. Reception is only part time, this can be very inconvenient. This hotel provides poor value for the price paid.

Good location fairly central for most attractions. Nicely restored room with walled in balcony overlooking dingy small central courtyard. Modern bathroom that was up 2 steps in the same room.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

The worst signage of any Hotel I have stayed in at made it very hard to find. Just a ting sign on the second floor. You need to go through a large iron gate, after pressing a bell that's hard to see too and then follow a corridor to a small elevator. Was not nice walking around trying to find after a long flight. But the staff were friendly.

Was very close to the centre of the city. So easy to get around and close to the metro system.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Everything- bad internet not working n if it works it will work very slow for 15mun n disconnect. Unskill staff poor English. Rooms r not comfortable at all and very old style n decorations. I will never book there in future

Location only

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The wifi is super slow and frustrating trying to connect.

The location is perfect, right in the heart of this gorgeous city. It was a bit complicated to fins the address, but after a walk around the block was able to find it.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The entrance. The hotel is actually situated in 2nd floor of a huge building. Difficult to find at the beginning.

Location is just awesome. Walking distance from many attractions. Very near to the city center but still quite in the night. Room was also having a small air-condition which was pretty cool. Neat and Clean, quite a big room.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

The AC in the room is more like a fan. Building entrance is not so nice with the reception being on the second floor. If you arrive by car the parking they provide is 1.3km away, that does not make sense, I parked in a close by parking that was expensive. The bathroom is very small

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Said it had free parking but when i arrived was told they had only 1 parking pass which was taken. Was told to park car at a garage which cost 10euros and a 15 minute walk each way. Not convenient when travelling with 4 kids under 8.

Lots of space

It was really pleasure to visit this hotel. All were perfect like always.

The reception staff was very helpful and friendly, provided breakfast even though I was leaving much earlier.

Could be more clean, and should provide items like slippers and shampoo.

Excellent location, helpful staff and good breakfast.

Great location, very central.

I don't like unclear situations

I like fresh air

Old and kinky but okay for one night stay

Central location

Like always it was perfect.

Poor breakfast and facilities

Would have loved to get a nesscafe in the room not only tea.

Nice staff, easy access, comfirtable room.

looks old, smells old and poor breakfast

Lift was tiny

Very helpful staff. Excellent breakfast. Big sized rooms. Only a short walk from city center

Creepy entrance

Amazing location

excellent location.

Nothing - just crashed here for a night.

Location and cleanliness

Location, breakfast

This location was excellent, the staff was very helpful, and there is a fabulous little pub just next door!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

No lock for the shower room

Great Location and the room is big

It was second time in this hotel. And everything was great) will come again.

The cleaness was bad, the property was too old. It placed in the part of apartment, and the atmosphere was so scary.

Only location. Nothing else.

Very dated furniture, bathroom wasn't very clean. Bed quality.

Great location, friendly staff.

Nothing to be like.

So cold, we have became sick to stay here. It is very cold.

parking was far away :-(

Everything was little bit too used and old

Great location, very clean, confortable bed.

Breakfast, not ideal for family

Great location, comfortable bed, good shower

should have a fan on the ceiling

did not have breakfast

Lift

Classic

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Good

The place.

Staff was not speaking well German! My beds slats kept popping out.

It was very central!

The value of cleaning

Not bad overall

It was perfect. Really good combination of price and quality. I will come back again.

better pillows and towels

Friendly and helpful staff, very central to tourist places and yet quiet to rest at night

Drove in circles trying to find it - and then parking.

Hard to find using GPS.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

No reception at night Reception at 2nd floor

Location room size bathroom size

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Breakfast having more veggie choices

The prompt polite service

• One-Bedroom Apartment

They don't have parking lot. So hard to find parking place near hotel

Kind receptions. And antique house was so good experience to me.

The location was excellent

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Friendly,helpful and efficient staff

not comfortable. The apartment is tool old and run down .

loation

Claustrophobic lift.

Perfect localization, helpful staff.

Browse Hotel Pension Lumes traveller photo gallery