Reviews of Pension Mozart 1 stars

Based on 1343 B&B reviews

6.2

6.2

• Standard Quadruple Room

There is no air conditioning and it was hot in Vienna during our stay. With the window's open its loud at night.

The room was nice, a good size for me and my 2 adult children. High ceilings and nice personal touches, as if one was staying at ones old aunt's home.

• Standard Quadruple Room

Cleaning wasn't perfect, but not bad. Also no parking facility(since it's in the city center).

The location is perfect, the decoation and furniture is interesting and appealing. You can feel the atmosphere of Vienna also in the hotel. Friendly staff. Good and rich breakfast(extra 9 Euro pro person).

• Standard Triple Room

Small things,entrance hall {shared with some apartments}needs painting. Shower head is loose,shower leaks slightly on to floor,a towel a day used to mop it up.No english language TV stations,some reasonable radio stations.

Cleanliness,friendly and helpful staff. Near the underground.Very good breakfast selection,in a quaint but cosy dining room.Bedroom is old world but also quaint.

• Budget Double Room

A few hours after arrival and after we unpacked, we were told we had to move our room the next day. We were given a room with two extra beds which we did not need. This was very inconvenient; the management seemed very disorganized. The hotel had old furniture, wallpaper coming off walls, and the bathroom drains "gurgled." And, there was a barking dog!

There was a television and elevator.

• Standard Triple Room

The approach the hotel was very disappointing. The room was also very shady. There was bed bug in the room which was very disturbing. The bath faucet rail was broken. The owner, an elderly gentleman was very rude. We had a note inside our room door saying that we had to contact reception. We left quickly as we were hungry and as soon as we came back to the room we realised that our room was opened and the note was stuck outside our door. So we rang the reception bell which was on the other side of the floor. The owner opened the door and yelled at us saying that we should have use the key to open the reception door. We did not know that the reception door was accessible with the same key. All said and done, the note was to ask us if we saw the breakfast room and if we wanted breakfast. We said no. The man started to ring the same reception bell twice. Not worth paying the amount of Euro 73/-

Nothing except the location

Bed was extremely uncomfortable, didn't even have a real mattress or fitted sheets. The owners keep a dog and birds in the building, and even though they aren't allowed to roam around, the barking is a bit of a nuisance.

• Standard Triple Room

The facilities are quite old and the room in the pictures in the website was way different compared to the room we got.

The location was very nice and the price was fair. Hard to get something cheaper in that area. The room was clean and the bed comfortable.

• Budget Double Room

Constant cigarette smell on the corridors. We even found one ashtray with cigarettes on one table. It's an indoor space, therefore it should be forbidden. TV Channel offer is weak for foreigners: although Pension Mozart provides dozens (literally) of TV Channels, all of them are German speaking channels. They should provide at least 1 channel in English. Breakfast way too expensive.

We must have in mind that this is a pension and not a 5 star hotel. Considering price, quality and location, Pension Mozart is one of the best options we can find in Vienna. We are 30 meters away from Mariahilfer Strasse and less than 200 meters away from Metro stations, hop on hop off buses, bus stop connecting Hauptbanhof to the Pension, Museums Quartier and Marie-Theresien Platz. Quiet location also and surrounded by dozens of shops, restaurants and grocery stores. Rooms have lots of space, shower works perfectly and wi-fi is excellent. Pension Mozart provides enough towels for customers and free tea and kettle.

Bad smell toilet after usage. So have to always turn on light with ventilator A little bit hard to adjust temperature of shower.

We had read many reviews before. Those make us so worry about this pension's safety, facility and staff. However, when we arrive, almost thing are different. Staff are very kind. An old man whom we check in with is very nice. He can understand English but can speak a little bit. The room are clean and wide. There are comfortable bed, two sofa and free wifi. Bathroom has bathtub and soap, shampoo, towel. The breakfast is also good. The staff in breakfast room is very helpful. And the best thing here is location. Not far away from main steet, metro, tram station.

• Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Breakfast room/ kitchen needs an upgrade and the intial room we got was not exactly as discribed (too small with smaller beds than discribed) we had to upgrade to a bigger room and pay an extra 60 euros.

Location is excellent and staff were helpful and friendly...

• Standard Single Room

Older furnishing, the whole place (incl. rooms) is not very clean, small rooms, noise (parrots flying around freely!), strange owners....and tons of dusty stuff everywhere. Chaos around card payment.

Location. Old fashioned place with a certain atmosphere (until you take a second look).

• Standard Triple Room

No signage to indicate how to get in! No obvious door Host was very rude and inappropriate Place was dingy and tacky and needs a paint job Place looked as if it had been put together with discarded furniture from a charity shop.

Absolutely dreadful. Would not stay there - booked three nights but left the first morning. Could barely find the entrance, along a dark corridor with a paper sign to point the way to the 'hotel'. The host was rude, decidedly odd and not at all welcoming, and the room was definitely not as described. Location was good. If you consider staying here, ensure you read a good selection of the reviews first so you are prepared however I would not recommend it as a place to stay.

• Standard Single Room

There was nothing I didn’t like about this property. It may bother some people that they have a little dog who barks a bit but he’s harmless & is kept in private quarters. Maybe take earplugs if you’re easily disturbed as the walls were quite thin. The shower and toilet were very much in the same room with only a curtain cutting them off from the bed etc but again this didn’t bother me - I was just happy to have my own toilet and shower. I can appreciate some might not like this though.

Excellent location, 6 minute walk from U-Bahn station Neubaugasse. Easy to get to from the airport by taking the CAT train to Wien Mitte, then the U-Bahn on line U3. Close to many eateries, convenience stores & Museumsquartier. The staff were incredibly welcoming and friendly. You’re given keys to your room, the apartment itself and the main door so can come and go as you wish. Loved that there was a kettle in the room, spare pillow & blanket. I found the room and accommodation as a whole really cosy and I was happy to spend time there after a long day walking around. All things considered it felt incredibly affordable.

Hm... nothing :)

After experienced some 'accidents' on my previous trip, coming to pension Mozart really healed everything. Nicola super nice man, his wife as well. They gave me super warm-welcome, and their family too... Bery, Bubi, and Bibi (hope it's the right name). The place is 'warm' like a home to me. The room is super clean and beautiful, with its flowery-wallpaper. Love it! Nicola also introduced me to a nice restaurant across the hotel, El Greco. It's a good and cheap. But among those positive and happy experiences, what I missed the most is Bery! a super cute dog! since the first time, He always kind and welcome me. It's recommended a place to stay in Vienna, the location is also perfect, near to the 'old town' of Vienna.

• Budget Double Room

The heating didn't seem to be very good. We visited during the time of the beast from the east weather craze so everything was colder than usual. We are from Australia so we do feel it a bit more but the blankets are Merino which are an excellent brand of Insulted thermals - we struggled leaving the bed each morning.

Everything was great. The room was spacious and clean, good storage areas and the bathroom was a great comfortable size too. The location was right next to star bucks, vapianos and the shopping street so it was amazing. 3 minutes down the shopping street was an underground station too, so everything was within 5 minutes.

• Twin Room with Shared Toilet

photos look far better than the real place, not very comfortable mattress ("hole" in the middle of it, so had a backache in the morning), one bed quite narrow and shortish (rented a twin room); not really dirty, but did not seem very clean either with some smell of an old house; sort of oldish and used towels (same with bedding - found some hairs and fluff in it); shower cabin in the room - not en-suite, so if you want to undress to have a shower the other person who is in the room will see you unless they turn away; shower head did not fit the shower holder, so you had to hold it all the time while having a shower. toilet shared, as described in the ad, but located in a sort of lounge/corridor area where also some armchairs and leaflets are, so if you want to go there in the morning (still in your pyjamas) you may meet other guests who are just on their way out reading leaflets or the host greeting new guests, as it is the only way people can come in and out.

nice and friendly host, really warm room (it was winter, so cold outdoors ), and nice hot water in the shower with a good pressure

Unfortunately beds and pillows werenot comfortable. Since the buliding is very old toilets smells a bit.

Location is perfect, very close to main areas. There are restaurants, bars, cafes around. They serve some fruits in the lobbies which we found very sweet.

• Standard Quadruple Room

Avoid this place! I booked two rooms through Booking.com. When I booked, there were only two rooms available -- single room and a quad room. As there was very little difference in price, I did not think it was a big deal. A few days before my arrival, I had to cancel one room, so decided to keep the quad room. When I arrived, the owner brought me to a single room and offered that one at a much cheaper rate, and he encouraged me to take that one, which I did. I couldn't pay by credit card until his wife was there. When I returned a few hours later, to pay, she insisted that I had turned down the quad room (had refused to take it, which I had not), and that I would have to pay the full price. When I tried to explain that he had offered me the single room, she cancelled my reservation and said she didn't want my money and printed out a refund ticket. She insisted I give her the key (my things were still in the room). She said the quad room was now full, and that they needed the other room, so I have to leave. They threatened to call the police. I tried to reason with them, saying that I had no other room, and no place to go. When they finally agreed to give me the quad room (now suddenly and surprisingly empty) at the original price and I gave them my credit card, mentioning how this was just not correct, she again threatened me and said she didn't want my money. I finally gave up and just stood there waiting for her to finish. I finally got him to agree to let me have the quad room at original price, then had to move my things from one room to another, to make room for another guest. ( I suspect that the owner had mistakenly given me that room, but then they tried to blame me for it. It was indeed a very unpleasant experience! Avoid this place! There are plenty of other places nearby to stay, like Time Out, Terminus or Kolping.

The hotel was not as good as the photos. It was quite a bit older and run down. Plus, there are dogs staying in the hotel, so guests need to be aware of this before booking.

The owner was very rude. He got our booking confused with that of another couple that was staying at the hotel and so the second day of our stay at 11:30 he came into our room and told me rudely that I had to leave as check out was at 11. I was very confused as we were booked in to stay for four nights. When he finally realised that he had made a mistake there was no apology or attempt to make us more comfortable. The next time I saw him was when he asked how our stay was when we left... Additionally the location is above an Irish bar, from which there was a lot of noise, late into the night one of the nights (Tuesday) that we were there. The room we were given was right next to the reception so we could also hear their dog barking when someone rang the doorbell to come in late at night, as well as have to listen to the reception argue with another customer about their booking. The bathroom smelled and no amount of using the fan would help.

The location was good, the breakfast was good, and Galena, the other Manager was very nice.

• Standard Quadruple Room

Me and my friends decided to book a room for 3 nights and spend NY night in Vienna. The location was alright. However, during the NY night at around 2 AM I received a call from the hotel telling me to go back to the hotel. Apparently someone one broke in to our room. We called the police and forensics who told us that it has happened like this before and the place was unsafe. The manager started accusing me and my friends that we could have done it stating it from a racist standpoint as we were from Lithuania. That really shocked us. She did not want to resolve this issue and we did not even received a refund for that one night that we could not sleep there as it was unsafe and the door was broken. Not recommending to stay there to anyone.

• Standard Triple Room

Hotel is very outdated. Felt like staying in a poor house nothing like the pictures in the ad. Breakfast room was very basic and old cutlery and towels provided were very old.

Staff were really nice. Very central to everything in city centre.

• Standard Quadruple Room

We were shown in to an unprepared room on arrival, though beds were made and towels replaced every day.. Dingy stairs/hallway to reach property above an Irish pub! Access to the bedroom is through the shower room! Kitsch mismatched furniture, true budget accommodation.

The location is perfect for getting around Vienna on foot.

• Twin Room with Shared Toilet

I loved warm & personal approach from owners. They were both really nice to us. We decided to switch a room for a bigger one and it was not a problem. Location is amazing. Everything important is in walking distance. Parking was close and really cheap too. Only 10€ for 24h. Facility is as good as it can get for such price. We had a good time overall.

No parking at the property! Just parking at 8-10 minutes away, for 10 euro/day. Everything at the property was old, you could hear the water pouring into the heating sistem all night and it was hard to sleep. It was hard to speak english with the staff, there was an old man there who didn't understand what I was saying to him.

• Standard Quadruple Room

Old furniture, run down bathroom facilities, pictures look much better than reality.we booked this property for the parking on site facilities.there were no vouchers available and I am not sure if this is the parking mentioned by the owner but we payed 10euros/day instead of 4as the owner told us.(museum quartier) furniture and decorations old and tastless

Staff willing to help but difficult communication in English. Perfect location. Bed sheets clean Hot water and a decent shower Quite cheap

The building is very old so the plumping makes a lot of noise. Decor was gaudy in my opinion. Other guests made lots of noise coming into the place in the middle of the night. It seemed quite expensive for the quality of the place but this is Vienna

Room was clean with a good bed and a new bathroom. Breakfast was acceptable. Location was wonderful.

The only thing that could be better is if I had more time to spend in Vienna. Everything else regarding Mozart was fantastic!

This place is perfect for everyone visiting Vienna! I was traveling with my 3 dogs, they stay was free of charge and they even got a treat when we arrived!! Extremely pet-friendly place! There is street parking, but not so difficult to find a spot, and all the shops and restaurants are within the walking distance. People who work there are very helpful and friendly! I will definitely go back there when I have the opportunity!

• Standard Triple Room

The staff at Pansion Mozart were so eager to help, with a smile on their face! We had an early check in at no extra charge, and even left our bags there for 5 extra hours. They did their best to communicate with us in english, at the end we had no issue with the language barrier. Its at a perfect location, really in the middle of everything! Highly recommended!

Staff was very unprofessional. Their ability to communicate led to a huge misunderstanding , that led to voices being raised, especially, when staff tried to enter our room at 10 pm to get a signature for a VISA receipt. This is after we were told at 7 pm that payment/paperwork was completed for our check out next day. Breakfast was horrible, wasn't worth 9 euro, We didn't bother going a second time.

Great Location!! The only thing that was good.

• Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Walking distance to all sights, incl Stephenplatz, and very close to the subway and Museum quarter in particular; also close to big supermarkets. Great value.

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

The only thing that wasn’t great was the owner’s dog, who I never saw but who barked during the evenings sometimes. (If you're more of a dog person than me this might be fine!)

The room was modest but affordable, and the owner was friendly and helpful. It’s in a great location - very close to public transit but also walking distance to the city center as well, and near good shops and some nice restaurants.

• Standard Quadruple Room

The furniture in the hotel is very old, the mattresses are uncomfortable, there are some bars nearby and you hear the screams and talks from there during the night. The hotel is not clean at all, there is hair lying in the bath, the floor is dusty and dirty, no one wipes the windows for months. Upon check-in, we found out that the beds were not laid, somebody had already used towels in the bath. The room maid came and made up our beds and brought fresh towels. Looking at this dust and dirt, we decided to go for a breakfast in a cafe nearby. I would recommend this hotel only to those who don't care about cleanliness and wishes to live in the city centre for low price.

The only advantage of this hotel is its location. We arrived in Vienna by car and left it on paid parking in 5 minutes' walk. Parking for one day costs 10 Euro. After check in you can immediately go for a walk in Vienna and don't waste time in public transport.

Entry to pension through bell on house door, which is not manned at all times. No telephone in room. Receiving calls through owner's cell phone not reliable and calling out not possible. Small, smokey breakfast room

Good location, reasonably clean

• Standard Single Room

The photos in Booking.com and Google are NOT representative of this hotel at all. Narrow, dimly lit room looks like a prison cell with twin bed directly across from shower. Hotel interior was just awful. Wished I'd read the Google comments before booking. Mentioned I was disappointed as the place was misrepresented on Booking.com and other websites, but was reluctant to further mention any more disappointment for fear she would kick me out like she did the other guests according to Google's comments. Daytime check-in person did not speak any English so there was some difficulty there.

The only redeeming aspect of this hotel is the location.

• Standard Single Room

Very basic accommodation and facilities Pictures do not give a correct impression Breakfast was not worth the charge

Location was very central to transport and a lot of the attractions Run by a family who are very friendly

The propieters were very pleasant however the accomodation for the price we paid(we paid less to stay in a 4*) was very basic. Again, only comparing to other accomodation we have stayed at in this part of Vienna was of a lower quality. It does require drastic modernisation as it felt like we were sleeping in our old grandparents house. The room was clean but the decor made it feel a little grubby. The photos profiles used of our room did not match the furniture that was present. One electric socket on the wall was not secured and would be considered a health and fire risk. We booked the breakfast as its a little easier than going out 1st thing but the breakfast room itself was not inviting and a little like a very small family run B&B, which of course it is. So if you are looking for hotel style facilities this is definetly not for you but if you are looking for the charm and ambiance of a long lost Grandparents house then book right ahead. We prefer our creature comforts. As a little closer i have attached a photo of the bowl of love hearts that were on the table at breakfast, brought a smile to our faces when you read it.

Its location is superb. We have stayed in a number of locations on Mariahilfer strabe and this was the closest to the museum quarter and 100 yards from main shopping area. The Wifi was very reliable and we found it Very quiet.

• Budget Double Room

Everything. It was simply disgusting.

The hotel was very dirty, our room smelled of fried food. The window was broken, as well as the shower, tv and I don't know what else. We had to change hotel after one night.

• Budget Double Room

The bed so comfortable, i sleep so well, also the location is great, very close to museum quartier ( with metro available ) for me to explore the centre.

The chambermaid was always asking to clean in the late afternoon, which was strange. We didn't have a curtain in the bathroom, so always when someone took a shower everything was in water. In addition the shower holder was broken.

The Pension has a great location - on Mariahilferschtrasse and so close to the city center. Really no need to use any metro. Very quiteplace and you have the privacy. The breakfast was great. We had a really nice stay.

• Budget Double Room

Interieur was not hotel-like, but like at one bed-and-brekfast accommodation. Different from pictures we saw at booking.com

Location close to the city-centre - very comfortable.

Stay away from this place! This place was very dirty, The husband/wife staff were rude and very unhelpful. The bathroom was more like a closet. The WIFI didn't work. There was no parking near the hotel. The TV wasn't working, when I brought it up I was told that someone was supposed to fix it last week but never showed up. I said that that was an unacceptable answer and was told "it's not my problem and not my fault". I asked why the tv in the office worked and was told because it's a new TV. I'll never stay here again, and would not recommend it to anyone!!!

Nothing at ALL!!!

• Standard Quadruple Room

We were disappointed as we had booked four beds & only three were made. It was late night when we realized that so just managed somehow & slept through. No doubt it has a bit of history, but the rooms need an update. As such for value for money, location is the only thing going for it.

The location is fabulous, walking distance from an array if famous Vienna must do's! ( though Saturday nights can get very noisy) The owners were friendly & interesting :-)

• Standard Quadruple Room

The were 4 beds in the room, but only 1 bed lamp was in order. There was just 1 small piece of soap that finished immediately. Under all beds there is lots of waste. No locker in a toilet for 4-bed room!!

Location is great - right next to the Museum quarter, small street, very nice view. Hosts were very kind and polite. The hotel is quite safe - all doors are closed. Kettle and fridge are in the room. The beds were very comfortable.

• Standard Quadruple Room

Wifi was very spoty, if it worked at all.

Nikola and Galina were great hosts. They made great suggestions for places to go and even stored luggage for us after checking out. Close to U-bahn and lots of shops and restaurants and bars.

• Budget Double Room

There was a lot of noise from the hallways during the night. Dust in the corners.

The decoration of the room is nice, the place has a very personal, friendly atmosphere.

• Standard Quadruple Room

Too much décor in the room making it difficult to find places to put luggage etc. for our family of 4.

The location was great! Walking distance to the museum quarter.

• Budget Double Room

The owners have a dog with them in the office so if you are super allergic, you might wanna take your medicine.

The location was amazing, the staff was great and the rooms were nice with unique atmosphere. Suitable also when you have kids or a dog with you!

• Budget Double Room

Its a personal thing but there was a slight language barrier with the staff when signing in.

It was a bit confusing to start with as it looks a little like a family home, however the staff were fantastic. The owner, a little old man, insisted I met his adorable sausage dog before signing any paper work or paying anything. The room was lovely, a low double bed, sofa and television. The bathroom was clean and basic. My room had a shower, and the water pressure was amazing. I was very very glad they had a lift though as it is the top floor.

• Standard Quadruple Room

- We came in Vienna when the temperature was higher 30 C. It was really hot. There wasn't conditioner in our room. Fan provided by the hosts didn't help. We opened windows, but there were too loudly on the streets. So we didn't sleep almost whole night. As result we left pension after the first night when we booked two nights here and lost money for one night. - The pictures of pension rooms don't look as it is. - The windows are quite old so there's a lot of dust as result. - Pension reminded to my wife an old Russian communal apartments.

- The location of Pension is awesome. Most of attractions are very close to the pension. This's the biggest advantage. - I like the owners of the hotel. There're very nice people. They also have a very nice dog, that nicely barked at me to play, and two beautiful parrots. - The price of pension is very good for Vienna prices.

• Standard Single Room

Calling this a hotel is too big a stretch. Its more like staying in your great aunts house when you going visiting family. Its basically someones apartment that they have let out. There is a big sign on an outside wall but there are only small signs to get you to the actually hotel and it doesn't tell you which floor. There is no reception, you just get checked in by whom ever is around and the old man came knocking on my door at 10pm at night to sign something. They give you a big bunch of keys to open the 3 main doors. Up until my last day I was going to give this an average review. The rooms really old and smells and half of it is a bedroom, the other is curtained off with the shower. If you are really fussy about towels Id suggest you bring your own as the ones provided aren't hotel standard. The single bed i had was very comfortable but it squeaked so bad i kept waking myself up at night. Despite asking on check in where breakfast was, after that i could not even get to the breakfast room let alone eat breakfast. It was like a state secret kept behind looked doors with absolutely no signs to tell you where to go. There was also no one around to ask on each of the morning so I had to eat breakfast out. These things were all just passable and didn't majorly effect my stay until the last evening when I flushed the toilet and water started gushing out from the macerator on the side. My room was flooded with water which definitely didn't look or smell clean. The owners kept blaming me for pipe breaking and as the owners don't speak English, trying to get this cleaned up was a nightmare. Myself and the lady cleaned this up in the end. The gentleman just wanted me to leave it until the morning. Luckily my belongings weren't damaged. I can only recommend people to stay here for the location and if you are looking for lodgings more than a hotel.

The location of this 'hotel' is great. About a 5 minute walk from the museum quarter.

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Nothing really apart from English wasn't widely spoken amongst the staff so making myself understood at times wasn't always easy. The dog of the household often greeted me with barking although as I'm a dog lover it didn't bother me but may startle a person who is scared of dogs.

I booked the room with a shared bathroom and was pleasantly surprised that the room had a shower and a fridge. I had a quiet room and it was clean. The pension was very well located for the centre of Vienna.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Standard Triple Room

It is located slightly away from the train station and far from the airport, but was still easily accessible via Uber!

The hosts were extremely welcoming and flexible. They allowed us to check in early, and offered drinks and cake when we arrived. They also checked in to see how we were. The beds and bathroom were well made and cleaned when we arrived. The place is also perfectly located within walking distance to all major attractions, and was within a shopping district yet was very quiet and peaceful at night. The rooms are dated which may be a con to some but made the experience unique for my family and I!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Building is old and shabby. The staff (owners?) were not particularly welcoming. The towels were small and very rough. American travelers would be disappointed.

Clean, comfortable, and quiet. Good location. The price was reasonable.

• Standard Quadruple Room

I should have noticed the only one star... it took forever to check in because the owner, smelling of alcohol, preferred to talk to me about his dog and birds. Smelly, and full of furniture you find on the street. Incessantly barking dog at early morning hours.

• Standard Quadruple Room

We had to walk thru the toilet to access the bedroom. I have never seen such absurd layout.

The location was good ,centrally located. Very near to transport facilities

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Standard Quadruple Room

Hosts rude and aggressive on leaving, problems not addressed. Breakfast a major let down. Dirty smelly toilet. No shower certain so soaking wet shower room floor

Nothing to like

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

No air con/fan so very uncomfortable on hot nights. Breakfast was poor, for 9 Euro it was very expensive for what was offered (cereal, bread, cold meat and cheese) We are dairy free for health reasons so no options for us at all.

Location fantastic and staff were very nice.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Budget Double Room

On arrive check in was odd. The owner was friendly but more interested in showing us his dog and birds. The dog barked alot at us which made us uncomfortable. Room smelt like smoke despite being non smoking. Not as close to main attractions as we thought.

Big room with tea and coffee and fridge in room. Also a couch and table. Private toilet and shower in room. The room itself was great.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Standard Triple Room

I only stayed for one night, during which it was very noisy. people drinking in the street outside at 3 in the morning. Bed sheets could be better considering what you are paying for.

• Standard Quadruple Room

This was in a great location. It is nothing special, but it is clean, tidy, and a place to sleep. The staff are great as well. Good deal for the low budget traveler!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Standard Quadruple Room

Basicly, everything. It was difficult to find, even more difficult once we got inside the building, the rooms looked nothing like those on the site. The rooms and beds were filthy and tiny. The bathroom facilities atrocious and filthy. The elevator tiny and filthy. Parking was a long way away in a dangerous neighborhood. I felt unsafe in the room even with the door locked, as the lock was old and you could see into the hall through the gaps on both sides of the door. A slight shove would've easily broken the lock.

The only thing I liked was the friendliness of the manager.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Standard Single Room

I like the location; it was easy to use public transportation. The room had everything I needed (private bathroom and toilet, refrigerator). The room was clean, good place to stay for a short visit.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

run-down and old furniture. wallpaper with holes. mattress cut in 2 pieces with a hole in the middle. not enough hangers pictures on website are misleading (probably photoshopped?) definitely not worth the money

the location is very close to the center, that can easily be reached with just a short walk

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Toilet in the reception, but that was all.

It was right in the heart of Vienna, walking distance for the underground, Hop on Hop off bus, and Museums, cafe's, shops and restaurants. Fabulous location. You are given keys if you come back out of their office hours, excellent idea. I am a light sleeper, and for the two nights I stayed slept like a log. My room had a shower and hand basin, toilet is in the main reception room. I would stay there again if I came back to Vienna.

Communication is difficult.

Close to Museumsquartier, easy walk from the Metro station and close to the highlights of Vienna. Also close to the shopping area on Mariahilferstrasse and the Nachtmarkt. The owner is very friendly and welcoming, although he does not speak much English. The rooms are dated but comfortable and full of character.

• Standard Single Room

Central location: close to the subway, in front of a Starbucks and marianhilferstrasse, Museum Quartier, great place to go for walk. Very pictorial place and owners very sweet and nice, as well as Eleine, in the breakfast room. For a pension, all very nice, we cannot expect more.

• Twin Room with Shared Toilet

The camper bed was uncomfortable but we appreciated being able to sleep side by side rather than on two separate beds. The toilet was a little too far from the room.

Very friendly and supportive owners of the property. They went the extra mile to make the small budget room more couple friendly. LI've the free sweets.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Standard Quadruple Room

The entrance to the corridor where the rooms were had so much charisma but seemed a little cluttered. The office where you pay for the room was a disaster and had a barking dog. The room/bathroom didn't resemble the pictures online. The bathroom was very small the the shower floor had a hump and spackle, as if someone had just attempted to fix it. The bed was uncomfortable and at night and we could smell someone smoking, either in the next room or downstairs at the pub. The manager said there were English speaking news networks on cable, but there weren't. But seeing as how you're in Austria, you shouldn't expect it!

The Staff/Owners were very kind people, and we felt very welcomed during our stay. The hotel had character and with work, could be a pretty charming place. It was right in the shopping district and offered the best price!

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Twin Room with Shared Toilet

Very small rooms, pretty dirty all over the place, separate beds (clean linen though) and no comfort. Budget hostel is a better name.

Location is perfect!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The best location. Extremely friendly personal. Any kind of support from staff. I'd come back to pension Mozart again. WiFi was perfect. There were no issues with checkin/checkout.Viena is the city " must see"

• Standard Quadruple Room

Smoking allowed at corridor next to rooms. Old and scary and childish decorations, very Little breakfast room atrea. Claustrofobic. But cery good location walking distance to City centre

Hospitality attitude of the owner but cery Old appliances and Equipment as well as smoking at corridors that were allowed - that was killing the place! BIG disapontment In terms of booking com Pictures and advertisments versus room condition we got offered. Good location for cheap student pocket but BIG mistake for families with children. So pity.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Budget Double Room

The owners were so friendly and helpful, location is very central room was really big with a coach and 3 beds for 2.Bathroom was also big and useful.I recommend this hotel. In addition a sausage dog called berry and two birds bubbi and bibbi were the mascot of the hotel :)

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

The place doesnt look like in the photos at all so dont have too big expectation.. Everything is very old and not so clean..

Great location, nice people

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

terrible parking - no free voucher, could be better organised by provider (f.e. cheaper parking card for near parkhouse)

near to center, family conditions

Browse Pension Mozart traveller photo gallery