Reviews of Balance - Das 4 Elemente Spa & Golf Hotel 4 stars

Winklernerstraße 68, 9210 Pörtschach am Wörthersee, Austria

#11 of 21 hotels in Pörtschach am Wörthersee

• Superior Double Room with Lake View

The one concern I would have is for guests staying on the mountain side of the hotel. The hotel is close to the motorway and the noise from it is pretty constant. As I mentioned, we were lake side so it was not too bad but it was audible and made us close the bedroom window in the evening. I didn't think the breakfast was as good as a lot of people commented. There just wasn't the choice I've experienced at other 4-star hotels if I'm honest. I would be concerned if I was staying at the hotel purely for the spa experience. The hotel pool isn't very large and the indoor space only had 22 loungers in there. There wouldn't be room for many more if there was bad weather and lots of people wanted to be in there at the same time. Plenty of room and loungers in the south facing garden area for sunbathers though. There are 4 small saunas and a couple of quiet rooms off that area, but again I'm not sure about capacity if a lot of people descended on this area at the same time. We visited in the evening shortly before dinner so it was very quiet then and a pleasant place to be. Again, very clean. We didn't try the spa treatments as we were out exploring each day and didn't have time for this.

We were fortunate enough to be given an upgrade to one of the three rooftop suites so that was a pleasant start to our stay. The hotel is rather new so is super clean and the suite was a very nice place to stay with a large balcony overlooking the hotel gardens and lake. Fantastic view! The hotel personnel were always very cheerful and always more than willing to answer questions or offer help. The evening meal was always very well prepared and presented and it was clear why so many people had positive comments about the food. Taste was fantastic! I minor problem I had on Saturday evening was the discovery of an object in my buffet salad - unfortunately discovered when I was nearly finished! The object was black and ball like in shape. I pointed this out to the waiter who said it was a button from a kitchen staff's tunic! No real apology and disappointingly no free aperitifs - but we did get the free upgrade I mentioned earlier so [fare] enough! The soup followed and was delicious until I found a long hair in it. Again after I was nearly finished! I put it on the side of the plate, but didn't mention it to the waiter as I thought the button trumped this so I was unlikely to get much sympathy. I must say that this was our third evening and this was probably an anomaly (or two) and I was simply unlucky. Soup up until that point was excellent by the way.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Double Room with Garden View

More literature and information available in English. Everything is designed for German/Austrian guests. These are the majority of the guests but still, as the hotel is offered to English guests, more information in English would be appreciated.

Excellent facilities, very clean, lovely views.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Double Room with Garden View

The motorway is just behind the hotel, our room was quite noisy.

Excellent breakfast (however we've missed the fresh juices) and really nice spa area.

I didn’t come with my family

The friendly environment an the exceptional staffers in total The food was exceptional

• Double Room with Garden View

The dinner eas ok I expected bigger portion

The staff was really friendly and the spa area was perfect

Perfect

• Double Room with Lake View

Beautiful location and high qualtiy for a stop on your way to holiday.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Perfect spa - multiple saunas, inside and outside pool delicious breakfast

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Double Room with Garden View

I thought it was right along the lake.

The breakfast is delicious.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

- Slightly outside downtown - Tight shower booth

- Swimming pool, Whirlpool - Breakfast - Very silent, perfect for sleeping

• Reviewed: 20 July 2015

A fridge in the room, it was very hot at night and we shouldn't need to run to the bar for additional cool water.

All the people, most helpful. The pool area, view and spa facilities were fabulous. The food was also very very good...

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

The slight negative about this hotel is that it is not lakeside it is a ten minute walk up a steady incline from the lake. However the hotel provides complimentary bikes and there is ample parking lake side if you go by car. Having said that the views from the hotel are fantastic.

This hotel was pure quality from the moment you walk through the door. Everything is beautiful, stylish, chic, great atmosphere, fantastic staff, great facilities much more than we were expecting. The food was first class fine dining everyday in a superb dining room with large glass windows overlooking the terrace with lake views.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

No bad impressions.

We will come back next year. For sure.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

Hotel staff are super friendly

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

Hotelové wellness se v této lokalitě dost využije z důvodu nestabilního proměnlivého počasí.

There are also 5 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.