2. Austria hotel reviews
  3. Carinthia hotel reviews
  4. Pörtschach am Wörthersee hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Balance - Das 4 Elemente Spa & Golf Hotel

Reviews of Balance - Das 4 Elemente Spa & Golf Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Winklernerstraße 68, 9210 Pörtschach am Wörthersee, Austria

#10 of 25 hotels in Pörtschach am Wörthersee

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: April 14, 2019

Unparalleled service!
    • Double Room with Lake View

The staff at Balance are amazing. Very caring and helpful! All of them were concerned about our stay and did everything they could to make it excellent! They were happy to accommodate our vegan diet. Breakfast was fantastic with lots of fresh fruit and veggies. They also had almond and soy milk on hand for cappuccino! Simply amazing staff! We will be back!

Stayed in April 2019

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

Overpriced, hotel trying to save money on heating
    • Double Room with Garden View

Temperature in rooms, and in the pool was too cold. After requesting staff to do something, we got a space heater. Which was taken away to another room in a few hours (probably because everyone else was cold too), so we had to request it again the next day.

Clean and nice rooms

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: December 19, 2018

Not perfect but still be a good choice.
    • Double Room with Garden View

The location is on the hill, not good for ppl who don't have car. The view is not very good. The picture on website is not ture.

The holtel has nice spa, clean room and good breakfast. The staff of the hotel is very nice.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 18, 2018

Relaxing Xmas at the Wörthersee
    • Double Room with Garden View

Nothing has gone wrong. The hotel is not very cheap, but it worths what you pay!

My stay at the Balance hotel has been really an excellent experience. Everything in this hotel is superb: the room is nice styled and very clean, the bed comfortable, you have a good sight on the landscape, breakfast is fantastic, the spa is excellent. Finally, the staff is helpful and multilingual.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

friendly staff, extraordinary breakfast, nice location, nice...

Unprofessional and unpleasant bar keeper at evening. The worst mojito I drank. The second day we ordered tea and the answer: oh it's not my field but I'll see how to do it....??

friendly staff, extraordinary breakfast, nice location, nice rooms, nice wellness

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

Spiritual purification in Karnten
    • Double Room with Garden View

The hotel is located very near to the highway, it can disturb some people, especially in the summer if you prefer to sleep with open balcony doors. Besides that its not a cheap hotel, but worth the price!

Kind staff, great chef! The room was pleasunt and comfortable: double bad and a sofa with a table in the corner if you wish to work or something. Well located, in the center of the lake, between Klagenfurt, Villach and the Lake Ossiach. I rided the bike all the time during my stay, if you wish too, there are great opporunitis with high elevations throught the mountains and forests, but you can avoid climbing as well with alternate routes. After an exhausting ride you can chill out in the well equipped wellness department: 3 saunas and a steam room along with a chill room and an indoor+outdoor pool with a view to the lake.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

The dinner was great
    • Double Room with Garden View

The dinner was great Restaurant personnel was very kind and remembered what we usually drink The room was open and with a modern design The room was nicely isolated and you heard very little noise from outside

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

Never again in this hotel
    • Double Room with Garden View

Attitude of girl at reception(Kathrin), because of the rain I was asking for late check out and she said not possible and when I asked if I can use spa and pool after check out she said 15€ per person?!?!? For a hotel guest extra charge for hotel facilities- outrageous!

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Nice hotel, great staff and dinner experience, book a lakeside room
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

The one concern I would have is for guests staying on the mountain side of the hotel. The hotel is close to the motorway and the noise from it is pretty constant. As I mentioned, we were lake side so it was not too bad but it was audible and made us close the bedroom window in the evening. I didn't think the breakfast was as good as a lot of people commented. There just wasn't the choice I've experienced at other 4-star hotels if I'm honest. I would be concerned if I was staying at the hotel purely for the spa experience. The hotel pool isn't very large and the indoor space only had 22 loungers in there. There wouldn't be room for many more if there was bad weather and lots of people wanted to be in there at the same time. Plenty of room and loungers in the south facing garden area for sunbathers though. There are 4 small saunas and a couple of quiet rooms off that area, but again I'm not sure about capacity if a lot of people descended on this area at the same time. We visited in the evening shortly before dinner so it was very quiet then and a pleasant place to be. Again, very clean. We didn't try the spa treatments as we were out exploring each day and didn't have time for this.

We were fortunate enough to be given an upgrade to one of the three rooftop suites so that was a pleasant start to our stay. The hotel is rather new so is super clean and the suite was a very nice place to stay with a large balcony overlooking the hotel gardens and lake. Fantastic view! The hotel personnel were always very cheerful and always more than willing to answer questions or offer help. The evening meal was always very well prepared and presented and it was clear why so many people had positive comments about the food. Taste was fantastic! I minor problem I had on Saturday evening was the discovery of an object in my buffet salad - unfortunately discovered when I was nearly finished! The object was black and ball like in shape. I pointed this out to the waiter who said it was a button from a kitchen staff's tunic! No real apology and disappointingly no free aperitifs - but we did get the free upgrade I mentioned earlier so [fare] enough! The soup followed and was delicious until I found a long hair in it. Again after I was nearly finished! I put it on the side of the plate, but didn't mention it to the waiter as I thought the button trumped this so I was unlikely to get much sympathy. I must say that this was our third evening and this was probably an anomaly (or two) and I was simply unlucky. Soup up until that point was excellent by the way.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

Simply great😀
    • Double Room with Garden View

Hotel was clean and tidy. Atmosphere in bar was very nice. Very friendly and helpfull staff😀 Bartender Uroš was the best👍

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Amazing hotel!
    • Double Room with Garden View

The most amazing pool. Great hotel, spotless, staff friendly, good options for breakfast. Wonderful location, we will be back!

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Amazing Spa
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Some of the staff were really amazing (particularly at the restaurant), while one lady at the reception was extremely rude

the Spa

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

Nice room, balcony, pool & garden arra
    • Superior Double Room with Lake View

Fees for pet staying too much expensive

Nice room, balcony, pool & garden arra

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

The receptionists were rude.
    • Double Room with Garden View

The receptionists were rude. And it's all about money... outrageous! And no airconditions...

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

Overpriced Hotel, poor interior of the room, tiny bathroom,...
    • Double Room with Garden View

Overpriced Hotel, poor interior of the room, tiny bathroom, uncomfortable beds (way too soft)

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

The best breakfast in town

The best breakfast in town

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Natural Scenic and Rejuvenating

I didn’t come with my family

The friendly environment an the exceptional staffers in total The food was exceptional

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

The staff was really friendly and the spa area was perfect
    • Double Room with Garden View

The dinner eas ok I expected bigger portion

The staff was really friendly and the spa area was perfect

• Reviewed: July 30, 2017

Perfect

Perfect

• Reviewed: July 29, 2017

Beautiful location and high qualtiy for a stop on your way...
    • Double Room with Lake View

Beautiful location and high qualtiy for a stop on your way to holiday.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2015

All the people, most helpful.

A fridge in the room, it was very hot at night and we shouldn't need to run to the bar for additional cool water.

All the people, most helpful. The pool area, view and spa facilities were fabulous. The food was also very very good...

• Reviewed: June 25, 2015

This hotel was pure quality from the moment you walk through...

The slight negative about this hotel is that it is not lakeside it is a ten minute walk up a steady incline from the lake. However the hotel provides complimentary bikes and there is ample parking lake side if you go by car. Having said that the views from the hotel are fantastic.

This hotel was pure quality from the moment you walk through the door. Everything is beautiful, stylish, chic, great atmosphere, fantastic staff, great facilities much more than we were expecting. The food was first class fine dining everyday in a superb dining room with large glass windows overlooking the terrace with lake views.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2015

We will come back next year.

No bad impressions.

We will come back next year. For sure.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2015

Hotel staff are super friendly

Hotel staff are super friendly

• Reviewed: June 23, 2015

Hotelové wellness se v této lokalitě dost využije z důvodu...

Hotelové wellness se v této lokalitě dost využije z důvodu nestabilního proměnlivého počasí.

There are also 13 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

We Price Match