Reviews of Hotel Pension Museum 3 stars

Museumsstraße 3, 07. Neubau, 1070 Vienna, Austria

#181 of 316 hotels in Vienna

I loved the location and the size of the bed.

The elevator- the hotel rooms are between the 1st and 3rd floor of a really old building. The elevator is made for 4 people max with no items. We got on the elevator with 2 others and each selected a floor - they chose 1, we then chose 3. It skipped 1 completely and then stopped just short of the 3rd floor. Thankfully one of the other people spoke Austrian well enough to inform them we were stuck. It was about 20 minutes in this elevator with no air circulating. Not a great circumstance for someone who is claustrophobic ☹️. After that we took the steps but it’s 127 steps from the door to the 3rd floor. We did take the elevator later in the stay for the luggage but I went with the luggage and my husband did the stairs. I would still stay at this place again. Good exercise and as long as you only have 2 people in elevator I would trust it.

I loved the location and the size of the bed. The room was large and so was the bathroom. The breakfast buffet was really nice and I loved that you can stop by and get a cup of coffee or tea during the day.

Olde World Charm

Not much to dislike - Bathroom/Shower a bit small (our screen was broke and apparently waiting for the repair man); Hotel split into two buildings so you have to go round the corner for reception/breakfast

Some might say this place is dated but for me it was characterful with an olde world charm; The rooms are very large; Excellent location; Friendly and helpful staff/owner; Free WiFi; Good choice at breakfast

Every place has its plusses and minuses

The pension is in two seperate buildings so we had to go to another building for breakfast. The pension is not actually a real hotel. It is tranformed from floors of a residencial building so the rooms are close and the doors and the walls are not that soundproof. Also there was a coffe machine in front of our room, sometimes at night people may want to drink coffee and it may be a problem for you if you are staying in that room.

The Pension is near the museum quarter and close to the metro station. Also there are good restaurants nearby. So it is location is really good.

Loved the location, right next to Museum Quarter.

Can’t flush loo roll down toilet, have to put in pedal bin which isn’t great. Shower filled and overflowed very quickly so could only have very quick shower otherwise would flood room. Images made place look much nicer. Was basic for the price.

Loved the location, right next to Museum Quarter. Staff were friendly.

Elegant spot next to Museum Quarter

My only beef: We were on the upper floor, and had to buzz to get in to the floor with breakfast room and staff who could answer questions. Warning: you must carry your luggage up one set of stairs before you reach the elevator.

Love this hotel next to the Museum Quarter! This is my third stay because of the elegant old building, large rooms, substantial breakfast and, especially, the location. You can walk to everything, and have multiple public transportation options within a block or two.

Nice location.

No air condition in the room..

Nice location... close to the main atractions in dow town Viena. The room was spacious preety clean confy bed... good breakfast! It had no AC so if you’re planning a trip in summer time ask for it!

Nice place in the heart of Vienna

It's wonderfull for buiseness trip, in 10 minutes from Hofburg, and all interesting places in 2-5 minites walk. Staff is very helpfull and they are ready for comments and answers on all questions.

Nice B&B in Museums' Quarter, good value for money.

I was given a room in the "dependance" of the pension, which is 200 metres away in another building. The room (No.1) was OK, but unfortunately the door was just in front of the express/capuccino machine in the atrium and this machine was very noisy.... And people went back and forth to get a beverage up past midnight. Moreover, the breakfast was served in the main building... And this was not incredibly convenient...

Great Position. Tram and memo's stops very close. Breakfast very good. Nice view. Very large room. Personnel very kind.

Stay here ! I'll be going back

Hotel is the second floor of building but there is a private lift - other floors are offices and residential apartments BUT don't let that put you off this really is an excellent place to stay

Quiet location but very central, easy walking to sights and with tram & metro stop only yards away. Many restaurants and arty shops in the streets behind the hotel. Elegant family atmosphere with helpful friendly staff, super breakfast, clean comfortable room. Would not hesitate to stay again

Good location, friendly staff, awful mattress

The bed was awful. Matrress is extremly stiff and solid with hills on it. Should be replaced immidiately. Also some problems in shower -ou need to have quick wash because water goes flows away very slowely.

Location is great, just near Museum Quarter, breakfast is good enough if you don't come late, wi fi is quick, staff is very friendly, they have even added small bed for baby.

Bok without breakfast - make sure you bring your own lightbulbs, since the light in the room is ext

a) I did not expect that I had to go to another building for my room, than where reception and beakfast room were b) the light in the room was far too bright, no ambient light next to bed or at the desk c) the bathroom wanted to look minimal and architectural instead there were holes in the wall and a very cheapish plastic shower. The sliding door first alsomost closed by itself, then you could not close it properly . stuck ! d) Operating the TV was a nightmare. There is a TV and a reciver and hundreds of possibilities. There should only be one option for operating a TV. e) The breakfast was nothing special, like in a yourh hostel, I would say. On the receipt I realized that the low-lievel breakfast was around 17€ which is totally overprized. This was not visible during the booking process - otherwise I would have booked without breakfast and enjoyed a more beautiful one in the city.

Book without breakfast - make sure you bring your own lightbulbs.

Breakfast;

Handles in bathroom for elderly would be helpful

Breakfast; comfortable matress (on the soft side); friendly staff; convenient parking in Conti-garage; within walking distance of Volkstheater, most museums and the Burgtheater;

Wonderful location, good breakfast, good WiFi.

First of all, the hotel is split in two buildings. This is not as much of a problem if you aren't worried about safety of the room, but we were not informed before our arrival, something like that should be explicitly noted beforehand. The shower cabin had a very difficult to open and close door and we were afraid we might break it. Finally, we were given two keys, one for the outer doors and one for our room. The problem is that our room opened with the same key that the outer doors use, and not the room key, which is a huge flaw, since it means ANY other guest could unlock our room.

Wonderful location, good breakfast, good WiFi. Metro station really close, along with the opera and the museums block. You can also grab a quick coffee before entering your room.

Superb

The shower takes time to drain out the water. Wifi connect only at few locations inside the room. Lift area is under work.

Excellent location. The hotel is conveniently located - just a 20 minutes walk to the old town. Most of the attractions can be reached by walk. U-bahn station is around the corner. Car parking is at the museum Quartier which is 200m from the hotel. At 14 Euro max it is reasonably priced. There are many resturants nearby. An Indian resturant is just a 3 minutes walk from the hotel. The lady who recieved us checked us in within few minutes. The gentleman the next day morning guided us and suggested places suitable for kids. High ceiling rooms with big windows, crispy breads in the breakfast and family friendly. Very friendly and helpful staff. Had a wonderful stay at this hotel.

The location is perfect, right near the museum quater,...

We were travelling with 1 year old baby, who had to sleep in the bed between us. Hotel has only one baby bed and you have to book it first to get it, unfortunately we were not. The bed was extremly uncomfortable, very firm, I couldnt sleep all night, my back hurt all next day. The worst bed in my life! There wasnt kettle in the room, but receptionist borrowed us one, so we could prepare milk for baby. Breakfast was very poor, no warm meals (no eggs or sausages), just some ham, cheese, bread, celears, cold boiled eggs, butter, croissants. But coffee was very good and tasty! Wouldnt like to return to this hotel.

The location is perfect, right near the museum quater, everything in a walking distance. The girl on reception was very friendly and helpful, didnt move to other hotel only thanks to her help.

Great location, cleanliness, friendly personnel, great...

Noise proof is really poor and the staff is very noisy from 5-6 am. Did not get enough sleep because of that.

Great location, cleanliness, friendly personnel, great breakfast, wonderful view from the dining room and some other hotel rooms.

Very good!

The man who was there other times and days was not nice at all. The main door lock was jammed and I couldn't' get in so had to ring reception. The man was extremely rude and didn't admit there was a fault and was all annoyed at having to let me in. He never greeted me after that.

Location, high ceilinged rooms. The women who was there when I checked in was so friendly, nice and helpful.

Very good location, but not really inviting place.

It is well known that hotels do not always have the best sound isolation, but this hotel has this at a complete other level, you can hear even the slightest sound of your neighbors, at times it seemed like we were in exactly the same room with our neighbors. The reception and breakfast area is not directly accessible. You have to go to the door and ring the bell, wait until someone answers the door, then you are let in. It is kind of strange. Maybe it is just me, but the I find the Viennese always a bit 'cold' and the staff, while remaining professional has the same attitude. Also you get one set of keys, and if you and your partner separate for the day, it is a bit of a hassle to get in. Ring the bell on the front door for the reception, the person tells you that "you should have a key and you should just unlock the door", "well my wife is in the room, and I'm standing here in the cold", thank you very much. I think price wise, the hotel is reasonable, the location is good, and you can live with the rest. It is not that important, but you do not get the feeling that you want to come again.

The hotel has an excellent location, it is just by the corner of the museums, and perhaps 50 meters away from a metro station (Volkstheater). It is really perfect, especially if you are a fan of the museums. The hotel occupies the upper floors of a building and has charming high ceilings. The room we had was large, a modern bathroom, and the breakfast, while not spectacular, was ok.

I can highly recommend this hotel to all of the visitors, no matter if family or single traveller!!

Very warm welcome by very nice people. We were provided with very useful hints for visiting other places that we had planned to visit...Location of hotel perfectly fits to families or to people who want to have everything in hand. I have no objections! Only can recommend them!!

Everything else-especially access. This hotel would be very difficult for anyone with mobility problems. Breakfast was mediocre- we were particularly disappointed with the breads on offer. We checked out after one night and found a much more welcoming hotel.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

For some reason the main ceiling light in our room (chandelier) was unusually low. It is also inconveniently positioned at the center of the room so guests of above average height might actually hit it accidentaly.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent. Overall our stay at the hotel was very good.

very recommended

Staff is very kind and helpful. The young woman at receotuon went beyond her duty and helped us find and print train tickets all with a smile. Location is first class, room is large and clean.

Great location, close to most of attractions and 2 minute...

Cheap odd furniture; uncomfortable pillows & mattress; no kettle in room; cheap & low quality breakfast; loose floor boards shatter while walking on

Great location, close to most of attractions and 2 minute away from metro; staffs are friendly

Great location, but mind the staircase

There is one flight of stairs before reaching the elevator to get to reception and/or room, so be mindful with luggage. No fridge or safe in room. Do Not Disturb sign disappeared after first night and was never replaced.

Hotel is very well located, right by Museum Quartier, walking distance (2min) to Volkstheater metro station. Room was spacious, staff was polite, breakfast was good. Heating was appropriate. Check in and check out were quick and easy. Internet was reasonably fast and stable.

Very nice stay. Absolute recommendation

No parking so we had to pay public parking garage 10eur per night

Perfect location. Big and cosy room, comfortable bed, very clean room, nice breakfast

Good choice for a 3 nights stay during December

Breakfast a bit limited but good quality Pillows in the room a bit too large and hard to sleep on - but solved after we asked for an exchange with smaller ones

Excellent location - very close to many tourist attractions Great value for money given location and facilities

Excelnt , super location, super clean, very big room.

To reach reception we had to ring a bell and wait for them to open the door. However, the staff provided us on the second day with a key to access the reception area because we wanted tea and coffee that was available on in that area. Very much appreciated.

Super clean, super nice staff.

Perfect last minute find for New Year's

The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating. I arrived after check-in time due to a Kate flight. I was met by the manager who stayed late to greet me, show me to my room, and give me my key. He was very helpful arranging taxis and other transportation questions. Great experience

Excellent location to attractions and public transport

The rooms are big and nice but not very coherent. Bit of a mismatch of furniture and style but then again we only came to sleep

The best thing I liked was the location . Very close to major attractions while not being part of the extremely crowded part. Easy access with public transportation

Great location, nice view threw balcony, nice room design.

Breakfast ist poor ( some ham, boiled eggs, fruits , cereal), and its in other building, which is not very comfortable. Could be also nice to have few glasses in a room , so you can drink your drinks.

Great location, nice view threw balcony, nice room design. Coffe machine in a hall was nice.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Everything absolute.

Everything absolute. Located in downtown. Two Christmas markets (including City Hall) at the reach of a hand. Public underground parking 10 euros/night. Decent breakfast. Perfect WiFi.

Great location and staff, value for money

Very friendly and helpful staff, they gave us many hints to get around. Location is perfect, just cross the road and you are at the U-bahn station (Volkstheatre) and if you walk a bit, you are at the Museums Area.

The staff was really friendly and helpful, the breakfast...

The staff was really friendly and helpful, the breakfast rich and delicious and the Hotel is located in the city center next to U-Bahn and other services

Bad, big disappointment

Bathroom for dwarfs, swimmingpool on the balcony with many cigarette butts. Windows without sound isolation and hotel is close to frequented road. 2cm gap under room entrance. Noisy neighbors. No so rich breakfast as I expected. And staff didnt ask if we are satisfied...

Room was clean. Close to the centre

There was information that parking was available.

There was information that parking was available. This was the main reason of choice for this accomodation. finalyy parking was avalible in pubic parking (not for free)

best value for money

- very small sink in the bathroom (because of the shower cabin) - bathroom was in the center of the room, probably because the room had rounded wall - the breakfast is limited

+ Room was decorated great + it is in the very heart of the city + there is a public covered parking nearby which is cheap (parkgarage Museumsquartier, Museumsplatz 1), + walking distance to the most of the historic buildings + there are two buildings with apartments, part of the hotel, we were in the second one (without reception) which in my opinion was better - quiet, working elevator, good view of the room

Very large room, with good wifi.

The outside of the building was under construction and all of the windows were covered in scaffolding. The entrance was difficult to find.

Very large room, with good wifi.

Sorry but better Skip this one for the time being

Mattress was the worst one ever! The building front fassad is on renovation so there’s no view. Receptionist attitude could be and suggested to be improved!

At this point in time, I would NOT recommend this hotel to my friends

The drain in the shower was clogged. The doors on the clothes closet hung crooked. There was scaffolding in front of our balcony. The whole hotel gave the impression of being in disrepair.

We had a large room, and would have had a great view if the windows would have been clean and if there had been no scaffolding on our balcony.

Best location

The building was in process of renovation and we had a couple of workers on our window in the morning But I think that will not going to happen anymore :)

Very close to the city center Very pet friendly but you have to pay extra money for your best friend :) Parking on the street in front of the hotel is save ( we had our bikes on the car ) Old elevator and very slowly Very nice old building that was in full process of renovation

Lovely room, close to museums.

Wasn't easy to find

Lovely room, close to museums. Staff very nice and friendly: stayed on late to help me find my way there in the evening after a long train journey.

- I appreciated the admirable efforts of the receptionist

- bed is terrible. mattress is hard and sleep on metal wires - the elevator was broken and no one repaired in the three days we stayed here - food budget - old doors that make much noise. any tourist lock or unlock the door sounded very loud.

- I appreciated the admirable efforts of the receptionist - good location

Loads of character in a great location.

The bathroom looks nice, but isn't very practical, especially for travellers. Unfortunately the hotel was undergoing renovations and was covered in scaffolding and plastic sheeting. Therefore, the advertised balcony couldn't be used and the promised view remains unseen. Also, there weren't any tea / coffee making facilities in the room.

The location is fantastic and we had a lovely big room with beautiful wooden floors. The staff were lovely and helpful and there was plenty of variety with the breakfast. You can get washing done at the hotel and there is cheap underground parking nearby.

Breakfast was very good.

It is not a hotel, it is a pension so the services are limited. Staff was helpful. But lots of stairs to deal with and the Pension is on different floors and not together in the building so you need to be ok with that. It is a good value for the money, but be aware that it is not a conventional hotel and if you have mobility issues, stay away.

Breakfast was very good. Location was close to major sites.

Loved Vienna and would certainly return here and recommend to friends

It was all good

It was conveniently situated for everything one would want The breakfast was great Although no kettle in the bedroom I could make a cup of tea whenever I wanted and was given biscuits or cake to go with it

Not a real hotel. 90 steps to reception. Crazy.

Not a real hotel. It is about 8 rooms on a 2nd floor in a big building. You need 90!!!!! steps to reach the reception because the elevator was not working. CRAZY!!!! Even if it works then still you need around 30 steps to reach it. Huge problems with parking spot.

Location in the center

Horrible, to many cods. I feel I was in secret service. Old building smell bad,

Unfortunately I really didn't like anything. First of all we arrive in front at the hotel and couldn't find the building even the local people with their google navigation. After 10 minutes a young girl found it for us, when we try to open the front door we couldn't, it was looked. I knew was looked because the hotel sent an email the door was looked after 20pm. But they sent me a code to open it. We couldn't open the door with the cod. After an hour a woman come to the door and said tô we must have the cod. Yes we have and doesn't work. She tried and she said unbelievable the door is really looked, I have the and I open for you because I live here. What? This is not hotel? Yes, half hotel and half residents. We came inside and was really scary. We follow the instructions on my email. To pick up the key, went outside to the corner to other building to find our room. 1:30am we finally came inside the scary room.

What did I like? Nothing.

staff was very friendly, room was clean and has enough...

it was a little bit strange that the hotel was trough two floors - at the 2nd and at the 4th, but it wasnt so distrube

staff was very friendly, room was clean and has enough pillows. breakfast was more than satisfactory, he room was very pretty

Very good location, big, clean room, ok breakfast

Couldn't enjoy the view to the max because the building is getting work done, also the lift was broken so we had to carry our suitcase to our room (8 stairs)

Very good location, big, clean room, ok breakfast

Rude staff, broken elevator, no AC in sweltering Vienna summer.

Rude staff. Broken elevator. Staff said the broken elevator was just like the rainy day and not the hotel responsibility!! Construction going on and there were workers literally right outside our window - so we had to have our curtains drawn during the day too. No AC in the 90 degree weather. The door to the third floor also opens the individual room door, so we were worried about security. The sofa that was in our room on the first day mysteriously disappeared from the second day on. The fridge in the room did not work.

Excellent location. Literally one minute walk to the metro. Super close to all the museums.

cheese, location

The whole impression was spoiled by mal-organization of the working proccess. I am used to pay for my hotel not on the last minute in order not to become a victim of some incident (e.g. with stolen card). That why I insisted to pay in advance. As a result administators by mistake charged me twice. And that in spite of the fact I mentioned my payment while returning my key. Of course the money was returned. However I wasted my time dealing with this this problem instead of enjoying the beautiful city.

cheese, location

We were very close to all that we wanted to see in Vienna.

We couldn't get wifi.

We were very close to all that we wanted to see in Vienna. The staff were friendly and spoke very good English. The room was very big with high ceilings felt spacious. The breakfast was held in beautiful rooms with a very good selection.

The size of the room was amazing.

Construction was going on making it difficult to locate from the train stop

The size of the room was amazing. Breakfast was filling and the staff was great!!

Very nice place to stay

It was ok. Nothing to complain on.

Big and not expensive (8eu/24h) public parking close by. Easy to get to with public transportation. Very nice brackfest.

Spacious room and quiet neighbourhood with lots of museums.

Spacious room and quiet neighbourhood with lots of museums. Metro station within 1 minute walk. Good breakfast. Reception is inside a building in 1st floor.

Updated, historic gem in Museum District

This is my second stay at Hotel Pension Museum and it is just a gem. Wonderful location for walking the museum district, public transportation, eateries and shops. Beautiful old building, with historic detail throughout, but the rooms have modern baths, internet, etc. Breakfast buffet is the best of fresh, global choices. The staff is lovely. Excellent price. Safe. I'll be back!

Its location is good and is near center.

Now it is remodeling, so view is not good and it looks like dangerous. Bathroom's smell isn't good.

Its location is good and is near center. Breakfast is good.

Great location and big rooms

Great location and spacious rooms. The building was under restauration, so the view from the window was covered unfortunately, otherwise it would have been perfect.

Excellent room in perfect location.

Not too much. Just a little bit of wear and tear here and there. Not a big deal for us. Everything worked. There were renovation works (external) during our stay but results seem to be worth of such little nuisance.

The bed was wonderful, in some way even better than the one in my home. Staff very helpful. Wi-Fi very good. Breakfast - fresh and tasty, always something to choose from. The most spacious room I ever had during our many trips to European capitals. And location - MuseumsQuartier almost just across the street,Kunsthistorisches Museum and Naturhistorisches Museum also max. 5 min. walking away. Hofburg also in nice short walking distance.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Perfect location. No working internet

I don't understand hotels that charge about 100eur per person per night and can't provide decent internet. I literally couldn't read my e-mail or play a song on spotify, it was that slow. It is such a minor investment to buy a few routers and disperse them around. This shouldn't be an issue in 2017.

Perfectly located close to the Museum Quartier. Looks nice from the inside with tall ceilings and big windows. I had a room on the 3rd floor that had a great view. The breakfast room is very cozy and beautiful.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Enjoyable

There's no parking and the bed sheets smelled funny. They probably have a strange disinfectant and don't use any balm to wash them.

Very big rooms, comfy, decent breakfast... Overall we had a nice time

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

No,please,. Don't

Awful reception!i don't know where all the good reviews come from, probably these people arrived during the day and it was fine. But we arrived at 01:00 am and I have never seen anything like this before. I am an experienced traveler, not pretentious, like to stay in hostels even, but this hotel was unacceptable. First we waited for 10 minutes outside trying to buzz into the building. Then finally somebody answered the door. You enter the building (buzz code 0701 or 0710) and have no idea where to go. Finally you go upstairs and on the 3-d floor(which the 2nd) you see the name of the hotel. After that you buzz the door to the hotel but it doesn't open. Instead the loudspeaker starts making noise-that's "reception". The guy was really rude and unpleasant that we did dare to wake him up. He said something about the envelope near the yellow light - it took us ten more minutes to figure out what he was talking about. The system works like this: if you arrive after 9pm or sth, the reception is closed, nobody waits for you, they just live somewhere in the building hidden envelope with the keys and I-am-sorry letter that than can't meet you personally. Why can't, by the way?' The guy answers the door so he is in the building probably anyway. Be aware that the "main building " is the same that you entered, and the first key opens the door down, the second key opens the door near the loudspeaker and your room both. I asked about the parking-the guy was really irritated and said sth like "you ll find it outside". Yes thank you so much. The window handle was broken, it took us 5 min to open it; the pillows were really thin and very uncomfortable. No tooth or brush but shoe polish presented. The floor was creaky and no conditioning. Never choose his hotel please!!

Good breakfast good location

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Breakfast was good, large size of room

Got a room in another building which was very inconvenient for our age. Window without curtain were hard for us since we slept very late...not enough soap, got two small soap for three people for three nights stay ..., sink in the bathroom is very tiny, hard to use

Breakfast was good, large size of room

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Good location; fair value

Bed mattress was soft; lift in building but not till you walk up 10 or more steps; staff not around - there to check us in but otherwise little time on site.

Lots of English channel options on tv.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Excellent location and overall a very satisfactory stay

Only two complaints - we had a room with two beds. One bed was very comfortable, the other was like sleeping on a sack of cement. Also, the room was very dark at night. Not enough light to go over maps for the next day etc, nor to read before going to sleep.

Hotel was a one minute walk from the Volkstheater U Bahn and a three minute walk to the airport bus stop. The hotel was very clean and the manager was helpful and accomodating. The location was perfect for those wishing to use public transportation. We purchased our public transportation tickets before leaving home so that we would not have to search for a place to buy tickets once we got to Vienna. The free breakfast was very good - typical European choices of cheese, cold cuts, fruit, etc. Very convenient not to have to search for a place to eat in the morning before going off sightseeing. The manager had post card stamps available for purchase, which saved time and effort as we did not have to search for a post office. I would certainly stay there again if I visit Vienna again in the future.

We loved it.

Location is great, the room was very big nicely decorated, very clean, the view is absolutly unique looking at all museums and theatre and We enjoyed the fantastic firework for the 1st of May from our balcony. The breakfast was great with lot of choices. The Staff was very helpful and nice. We would recommander to evryone.

Excellent location, building and breakfast.

The walls are thin so you can hear the neighbors speaking, however this happens at this type of building. The bed mattress was to hard. I didn't mind that was a different type of accommodation, not having a lobby bar or reception full open.

Exceptional building for those who like this architecture. It has been a very nice experience. Breakfast was excellent, with many options, including fresh fruits. The location is FANTASTIC.

Room situated in a different building than the one shown on the web site

first of all the way that we were met upon arrival - as we had problems with our drive to Vienna we arrived late - about 10:40 PM and when calling the doorbell a gentleman answered and scolded us for being late, told us where to find the key to our room which was not in the same building but in another one around the corner - in my opinion this is very unprofessional because 1) in the "Important information" section there should be a clear mention about the fact that there is no reception after 10 o'clock and mostly that 2) there are rooms in a different building from that shown on Booking.com. Secondly, the rooms in the different building have a very small bathroom which seems to be a cage build directly in the room with no ventilation and no natural lighting - they do not resemble in any way to the photos shown on booking.com, nor do the rooms; Thirdly, as breakfast is served in the main building in this one there was no Mini Bar and no possibility to get a water, juice peanuts or anything else for that matter. It is true that there is a coffee machine but the coffee mugs proved insufficient for the number of guests as we managed to get a hold of a mug just once in 3 days.

The location is good, in the Museum Quartier, close to restaurants and the subway. Some of the cities attractions (e.g. Rathaus) can be easily reached by foot. Nice neighborhood.

Nice for a short stay

It could be better quality for the price.

Nice place, good location, breakfast was very good. Parking on the street is free during the weekend. I would recommend for a short stay.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

A loop in time!

That I couldn't stay more :)

The Hotel has a cozy atmosphere where the time stops for a moment, with an excellent and helpful staff. The breakfast is great and delicious! The Hotel is situated at 5/10 min walk from the interesting Museum Quartier, the Theater 🎭, the impressive Museum of Natural History, the gorgeous Hofburg Palace, the St Stephan cathedral etc. Only 10 min walk from the famous street Mariahilfer with shops and restaurants. For Shonbrunn Palace with the famous Zoo and for Prater Amusement Park, I've took an Hop On Hop Off bus 🚌 and on this occasion you can see almost everything what is interesting in Vienna.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Good value for money

Noise from the other rooms and the hallway can be heard quite well.

Good value for money, amazing location (close to museums and the subway station), underground parking a few steps away for only 8€ a night!

The room were I stay was very good.

The room is outside hotel in another building.

The room were I stay was very good. Compared with the hotel reception it seems that I was in a different hotel. Localization is excellent e good U connections to city an airport

Hotel in hystorical building

Bathroom needs refurbishment. TV could be bigger and minibar is missing. Hotel is on the 1st floor in one old building. There is no temporary parking place in front of the hotel for unloading/loading of the luggage. Parking is in public garage however not so far from the hotel.

Nice big room, excellent location. Parking is in public garage but with favorable price.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Great location, solid value.

Reception forgot to tell us breakfast details but was quickly resolved. The bathroom sink was absolutely tiny. The building (we stayed in the annex) was a bit old but this is more a FYI than a negative.

The breakfast was of good quality. Room was large and furnished with interesting furniture. More importantly the bed was comfortable with good support. Staff was friendly and management concerned about our comfort.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Overall wonderful, details could have been better.

The Wifi was shoddy, which was bad as we needed to work, the staff did not really speak any English, which was weird for a hotel.

The rooms and the location were amazing, our business was located to streets from the hotel and the rooms looked like ballrooms, they were that big.

Browse Hotel Pension Museum traveller photo gallery