Reviews of Hotel Pension Baronesse This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Lange Gasse 61, 08. Josefstadt, 1080 Vienna, Austria

#52 of 82 B&Bs and inns in Vienna

Based on 1348 B&B reviews

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Staff

Breakfast was very poor wouldn’t reccomend, no English channels on tv, shower was dodgy, almost got burned every time I showered and the bed was broken.

Staff

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

The hotel is far from 4 stars status - I can not understand,...
    • Comfort Triple Room

The hotel is far from 4 stars status - I can not understand, how it can be considered to have 4 stars status... Even 3 stars for this hotel would be rather discussable.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

It’s an older building with charm.
    • Standard Single Room

The beds were very stiff and you could easily hear through the walls.

It’s an older building with charm. Clean with large rooms and high ceilings. The staff is very kind.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Good old Viennese-style hotel

The tea/coffee/hot water is at the front desk on the first floor only - inconvenient when your room is upstairs.

Good location, friendly stuff, vintage Viennese interior, good value for money.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Mediocre apartment in good location
    • Comfort Quadruple Room

Room was stuffy with absolutely no ventilation other than small fan. The only window communicated with 'patio' with the kitchen 2 floors below which caused unpleasant smell in the room at all times. As we tried to get some air we turned on noisy fan what revealed huge amount of dust falling off the top of the wardrobe. On top of that all room was covered in fabrics (as a part of baronese design I guess) which were dirty and dusty (f.e. gray of dust curtains). The other window in apartment located in the bathroom was covered with cardboard (?). Also hair dryer was out of order and I presume not just for two days of our stay.

Great location with easy access to the city centre (10 minutes to City Hall by walk, 7 minutes to the nearest Ubanh station). Staff at the reception was really helpful and polite. Despite the fact that hotel doesn't provide parking lot there are parking spots along the street few blocks away (during weekend parking there is for free).

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

It was overall a nice pleasant experience. The property does have a certain charm to it.

I think it was expensive for what you get. Although I liked the location a lot it was not that central (as advertised)

I like the property and atmosphere as well as staff who were extremely friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Good place to stay and enjoy Vienna
    • Standard Single Room

I don't know if it has to do only with this hotel, but the check in time of 2 PM is too late. Those who come by early trains might have to wait a long time before they could freshen up. But for this little inconvenience, everything else in hotel was perfect.

The staffs, the location of the hotel, the surrounding environment. I went way before the actual check in time, but I was allowed to keep my luggages in luggage room. That was a huge relief for me. The receptionist who was present during my check in and checkout was very helpful and supportive. There were enough restaurants near by, that made the stay even more pleasant.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

The room was very large and quite romantic.

Some walls are very thin and we often heard people in adjacent rooms. Luckily the next room was not in use all days. The windows are not tight enough to keep the noise of the tram out.

The room was very large and quite romantic.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

The hotel is very nice and chic with beautiful rooms and...

The noise from the other rooms (i think the walls are very thin) and from outside (tram/cars)

The hotel is very nice and chic with beautiful rooms and comfortable mattress.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Simply horrible, I reccommend to stay as far away as possible. This is not a 4 star hotel...
    • Comfort Quadruple Room

- Bed sheets were yellow. - the extra bed was not made and the bed sheets were thrown in my face. - horrible odor everywhere - walldrobe was falling apart - carpet was stained The list goes on.....

- There was hot water

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Enough for a weekend where you only go to the room to sleep.

The room wasn’t like in the photos. Space between wall and bed was minimal, my feet barely fit in the space.

Staff was helpful and location although not central. In 10 minutes walk you were at the center.

• Reviewed: February 14, 2018

Convenient and good value but can be improved

As a couple it’s not ideal to have 2 single beds pushed together and two separate single duvets. Occasionally there were really loud pipe noises which we assumed came from the bedroom above/ next door when they used their bathroom. We were not told about breakfast on check in so weren’t aware of it.

The room was very spacious and in a location which made it easy to travel to a variety of places. It was clean. It was good value for money and good if you just want a place to rest your head at night.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Great little pension in a great location with easy access to...

Great little pension in a great location with easy access to the city. The room we had was large and the bed was very comfortable. The price we paid for a weekend stay was great value for the quality of the room.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

Very good accommodation for that price

My boyfriend woke up a couple of times because of traffic noises but I did not hear them. Maybe bring oropax just in case ;)

Even though we arrived too early it was already possible to check in. Clean room and bath. Staff friendly.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

Completely met my expectations

The wifi connection was quite slow and sometimes interrupted. The fridge did not cool, probably it was unplugged (I did not check).

The place is quite good and it is quite a high value for money rate. The neighbourhood is quiet. It is not located inside the ring and it takes some time and efforts to get to the center on foot but if you like walking it should not be an issue. There are a good number of cafes, bars and restaurants in this area. The staff was helpful and always there is someone at the reception. My room was large enough and quite comfortable.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

STAY AWAY FROM THIS FILTHY, DIRTY LITTLE RATHOLE

STAY AWAY! I knew this wasn't going to be the Ritz, but I didn't expect it to just be a money-grabbing scheme either - we were obviously dealt one of the worse rooms (there was a "security" light on by the window all night - impossible to sleep because it was so bright even with curtains -, the room was very poorly fitted e.g. the toilet door was barely fixed to the wall and it couldn't be closed, and I wouldn't say the place was clean either - all sorts of stains on the fabrics and walls... DISGUSTING). Obviously we weren't the only ones who were cheated out of their money because when we were leaving there was also someone else complaining about the poor standards of the hotel and its rooms - they were offered empty promises about other rooms being better, but seen as we were having the same issue I really doubt it - very embarrassing. The attitude of the receptionist was also a disgrace, we weren't even going to complain or ask for our money back, we just wanted to leave - instead of attending to us and the issue at hand the girl simply ignored us saying that "she was trying to train her replacement because her time at work would soon be over for the day" - SORRY THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM... WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE. Very unprofessional. We were to stay two nights but left after the first.. the attitude of the staff was the last straw - they're obviously only just trying to cheat their customers out of their money. Stay here only at your own risk!

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

Clean and spatious room, kind staff, well heated rooms,

Berakfast should be included in price. There is no parkig at the hotel. There is no loby and also there is no room bar.

Clean and spatious room, kind staff, well heated rooms,

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

No guaranty to have a good stay in that place.
    • Standard Single Room

The room was awfull. The price must be 50€, but not 150. I was really upset. In booking i did in 2 months advance and mentioned normal bed, but it was so small in smallest old room I ever saw. Terrible! Next night after I told them I received a good room. But New Year was totally spoiled. Can't recommend it to anyone!!!

Reception was nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: December 25, 2017

Decent, aesthetically interesting hotel -- awful parking policy

The municipality makes it a nightmare to park in Vienna and the hotel benefits from it by asking €24 for their private parking. So if you travel by car, you can potentially add that to the price, which is already not cheap (though not too expensive either). The bed was not very comfortable (I could feel the springs in the matresses). Also, the street is quite busy and you may get woken up during the night or early morning.

Decent hotel with a charming ancient style (we loved the elevator)

• Reviewed: December 22, 2017

Very pleasant stay

Location - easily reachable by public transport as well as within walking distance from city centre and its main tourist attractions. Good Wi-Fi. Clean and comfortable. Kind, efficient staff. Room 006 extremely quiet and peaceful.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

Very cold in the room

In the room was very cold, only in the night the temperature was quite acceptable. During the day, in the room were max 20 degrees. We stayed only in bed, with 2 blankets, so we can warm ourselves. The wi-fi was really bad, we used our data mobile in order to make the check in for the flight. In the bathroom we found hair, they did not change our towels daily. I would not recomand this hotel for a winter trip

The room was very nice and the hotel is very close to the main touristic objectives.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

Ok, but certainly wouldn't stay there again.

Breakfast was overpriced. Only a general purpose body and hairwash fluid was provided in the bathroom, not shampoo. The net curtains in the bedroom were dirty.

The location was good.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Very clean room, big enough, very comfortable bed, good...

It will be good to have tea pot and kettle to make tea in the room

Very clean room, big enough, very comfortable bed, good shower. 2 stops from the metro Shotentor by tram 43, 44. 25 minutes walk to the City Hall.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

Really pleasant stay. Hotel is lovely, clean and location is very good. The Hotel staffs are friendl

Very friendly and helpful staffs at the reception. Esp the woman we talked on our last day on Nov 23rd 2017 at 5pm who booked our taxi. She was very helpful, friendly and professional.The Hotel is a walking distance to all the Museums. Loads of shops and restaurants and the Christmas Market is 2mins waking distance. The Hotel is cleaned everyday with clean towels. I love the decoration of the double room. I would definitely recommend it.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2017

Lovely hotel with artistic rooms and a cool elevator
    • Comfort Triple Room

We wanted to pay by separate credit cards with my friends but were told that it's only possible to pay with one card or cash. If I hadn't insisted and called the manager, we would have had to pay cash, which was not our preference.

The decoration of the room and the high ceilings were lovely. Also liked the fact that the hotel is easy to reach via public transport.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

Old world elegance left to neglect. Great location/neighborhood, but not too comfy.

The walls were thin enough to determine the nationality of our neighbors and the furniture was uncomfortable. The mattress wasn't of good quality and the bathroom was rather tight (small). Of course, this is what you should expect when booking a bargain deal in a great location within an expensive city.

The location is excellent. Not necessarily in the central ring, but the neighborhood around the hotel is fantastic. Restaurants around there are much more authentic and interesting than those in the touristy parts and the prices are normal. The hotel itself hasn't been properly updated since around the fall of communism but it still retains some of the old world charm in its bones. Staff was kind and the room was a decent size. I liked that the windows are original and haven't been replaced with the standard white plastic units.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2017

Room was big and beautiful.

Room dodn't have proper curtains which means that you can't keep the light on in the evenings (because everyone can see you!!!). Also I scared badly when I rest in my bed and I saw person in our window.. I mentioned that our neighbour room had a window straight to our room and we didn't had property curtains sooo..

Room was big and beautiful. Decoration was nice and it looked like old style. We had a lot of space, huge tv and nice bed. Also room was quiet during the nights.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2017

Great price and location BUT FOR GOD´S SAKE change those chandeliers at the headboard.

Our room had a couple of lil chandeliers just at the head level (headboard) in the bed. You just couldn´t sit there to watch some tv. It was pretty uncomfortable.

Price and location.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

It said in the Notes for Guests that there was a PC...
    • Last Minute Double Room

It said in the Notes for Guests that there was a PC available in the lobby. This is no longer the case and we were not allowed to use the receptionist's PC to check in online for our flights, nor was she able to check in for us. No coffee or tea making facilities in the room. Tiniest bathroom ever. Very helpful but overworked lady in charge of the breakfast room.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2017

Exactly terrible hotel.

The curtains dont cover All windows therefore room insight was full of light. The walls are thin so you can hear people next door. There were small flies in bathroom. Also very intensive chlorine odour in bathroom as well.

Just breakfast was ok

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

Hotel close to centre of town and near the tube.
    • Standard Single Room

Didn't have breakfast - got some cheaper in a cafe in town. Would have been nice to have tea / coffee facilities in the room.

Hotel close to centre of town and near the tube. Bed was comfy and shower good.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2017

Low price, spacious room.

Staff speaking English or German would have been useful. The kitchen didn't work because some staff member (or the owner? - I can't really communicate in Serbian) was on leave. The large clean room came with a small bathroom with poor layout, where the tiny washbasin was right under a large glass shelf, turning things like brushing your teeth into a real challenge.

Low price, spacious room.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

Nice room, clean bathroom, very good bed.
    • Standard Single Room

No lobby to sit down with a computer, no other facilities (e.g. fitness). I couldn't make tee in the room, only at the reception (for 1 euro).

Nice room, clean bathroom, very good bed. Good tram connection.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2017

Way too expensive for what you got. Should have spent another 10 Euro and stayed a a Hilton.

Receptionist was also on a personal call for 10+ minutes while I and another guest waited to check out. There was hair on the supposedly clean beds that wasn't mine when I got in the room, loud hallways and ill fitting doors, Internet DID NOT WORK, chipped paint and run down furniture.

Receptionist was nice and helpful about finding food first night

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

The room was clean, the beds were comfy, the shower was hot.
    • Comfort Triple Room

I enjoyed the stay, but the breakfast was expensive for what it was.

The room was clean, the beds were comfy, the shower was hot. The reception staff were very friendly and super helpful.

• Reviewed: September 9, 2017

Quick and easy check in, phenomenal location (close to city...
    • Standard Single Room

The room and bathroom were a little bit dated and not hugely bright.

Quick and easy check in, phenomenal location (close to city centre but tucked slightly away from the loud hustle and bustle). Lots of nearby restaurants and cafes etc. The room itself was small but comfortable for one and impeccably clean!

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

- staff was very helpful

- no air conditioning - extremely noisy at night, i woke up at 5 am when the garbage truck came and could hear everyone on the other side of the door - pillows are 1 inch think

- staff was very helpful

• Reviewed: August 12, 2017

Go back in time..

Furniture was old. Bathroom small and old. It is like entering into a building with lots of apartments. Not very hotel like more like a pension house. Getting coffee in the morning is little troublesome with the very old coffee machine and water boiler.

The elevator had a nice sofa. It's a very old style residential building converted to hotel rooms. The rooms look pretty with chandeliers. Very nicely lit by natural sunlight. Good for group of friends. Not for family.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2017

Close to the centre.
    • Comfort Triple Room

No air conditioning, just fan. Too much light in the room from sunrise hour. Person (I don't know if friend or partner of one receptionist) that close to the reception, when we were leaving the hotel, was impolite with us.

Close to the centre.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Need to update the hotel's facilities.

There is no air conditioning in the room when the temperature was 35 degrees. The air was suffocating. You need to use a fan throughout the whole night. There is no kettle in the room.

The location is excellent.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Just right
    • Standard Single Room

To hot, no air conditioner, had to sleep with the windows open. Black out curtains didn't cover the whole window, meaning I woke up with the sun.

Staff was helpful, room was big, had a fridge.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Definitely not a 4*

Very hot room, no aircon, old and tired decor, old towels, confusing to find room, small bathroom. We paid for a 4* hotel that could easily have been a hostel, had it not been for the staff and reception area.

Very nice reception and the lift was fun.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

Close to the city centre
    • Comfort Triple Room

When we arrived (on Sunday) I asked where I could park my car. The receptionist told me I could park in the street; she didn't say that that's only in the weekend so on Monday we got a fine. When we checked out at the reception they told us there was an amount of 47 euro to pay. It was for breakfast for two persons (but we didn't have breakfast at the hotel and we were with three persons, and a parkingcard of the garage (we got a card but they didn't tell we had to pay afterwards for it). We told our grieves again and he said: oke, go. At home we saw that our credit card was charged for that amount. I'm waiting for there response on the email I send.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

Friendly stuff, clean light room.
    • Standard Single Room

A little bit hot in the room, but for me that's ok.

Friendly stuff, clean light room. I like it! Highly recommend this hotel. Nice sofa in the elevator.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

Good value for yor money. Good location and large apartment.

No A/C. Only sheer blinds on the windows. This was a grand building in its day, but it's getting quite dated. In need of a renovation. Busy street.

Great location. Large rooms

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Comfortable, good quality for reasonable price.

No air conditioner (it was not detected anywhere in Vienna, though), no bathing suits, no free water.

Clean hotel, room service makes room every day, the personnel is great - friendly and ready to help in different situations, day and night.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2017

Good hotel

The fridge is too small and not very efficient. No air conditioner, and the room is a bit stuffy.

Quite close to Hofburg Palace and everything else. Staff very helpful - reception is 24 hrs so you can leave your keys before going out and collect them anytime.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2017

Location, room design, cleaning.

No air condition and the outside temperature was over 35 degrees. Also the noise from traffic. The parking .... the hotel does not have its on parking space. It has to be use a public parking and has to be paid.

Location, room design, cleaning.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

Room needs furniture (tables, dressers) or at least 2 luggage valets - no place to open your suitcase except the floor. Had a problem with the vending machine which the staff did not want to hear about - did not offer refund or any alternative solution.

High ceilings, good size room, balcony, location.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

OK stay as it is clean and near the city center... nothing great!

Bed was somewhat lumpy, breakfast was expensive, shower was tiny, room was noisy at night with traffic. I hate it when they put a bottle of water in your room and wrap a price tag around it. But then this is not uncommon.

Was clean and the rooms were a nice size. Location is good if you want to reach the National Library, parks, Museums.... near the first district.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

Very poor noise isolation. I couldn't sleep the all night because I could hear every and each noise. Breakfast buffet didn't have enough variety and was too expensive for what you get. Lighting in the room is great but not in the early morning, thicker curtains would be needed.

Location. Room nicely decorated. One very nice and friendly lady at the reception, however the gentlemen was quite rude.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2017

Older city hotel
    • Standard Single Room

The windows of my room (single) opened to a tiny backyard and people were smoking quite a bit - bothered me early in the morning. Perfect location for me, because my friends lived around the corner. But the quarter (Josefsstadt) is very quiet at night.

Cool old elevator with bench! Like in a French movie. Breakfast room is downstairs and breakfast buffet seemed average and a little overpriced at 12 Euro - but there is a coole Cafe (Josefine) around the corner. I also recommend the pizzeria Sessenta.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2017

I wish I could go again
    • Comfort Triple Room

The brekfast was not well-supplied The sweetmeat were of quite poor quality

The size and the furnishing of the room The friendly reception and attendance of the staff

• Reviewed: April 9, 2017

Not bad.. could be better for a 4star :)

For a 4star kinda hotel it wasn't that great. They should improve and have a kitchen for room service. And also, the television in the room was an ancient old box with no English Channels. We did go there for vacation so when it came to relaxing at the hotel there was nothing to do but sleep in the room.

The breakfast was really good and the staff receptionist were super friendly and great at giving us advise on ways to take the public transport for sight seeing. Rooms are spacious and nice.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2017

The location was good, staff were very friendly and helpful,...

Everything was fine but its an old building, you may be shocked when u step into it but the rooms are perfect and its not an issue! There is no one to help u for the first 4 steps at the reception, just in case u are carrying heavy luggages.

The location was good, staff were very friendly and helpful, bed was really comfortable and clean, theres a cool elevator and just 30 sec from hotel u see tram stations. The room was big and shower was great

• Reviewed: March 6, 2017

it's 4 stars hotel and it wasn't wow effect when we...

it's 4 stars hotel and it wasn't wow effect when we saw a room. It was good, but too small and the doors of shower not working or struggling somewhere. Breakfast was good and staff too.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2017

Good value but staff needs more training
    • Last Minute Double Room

I didn't like that the baby crib was not in the room as we had requested and verified with the front desk over the phone prior you our arrival. When we asked when they would have one ready, the front desk suggested that it would be ready for us in the morning. We had nowhere for our 1 year old to sleep.

I liked the location.

• Reviewed: February 16, 2017

Perfect pit stop for traveling by car with friends
    • Comfort Quadruple Room

It's bad that they don't have they're own parking spots, but parking is available 5 minutes of walking.

Lovely , friendly staff ! The room , was spacious and very clean !

• Reviewed: February 13, 2017

The hotel staff was very nice, very helpful with directions...
    • Last Minute Double Room

The bathroom was really weird. The door to the bathroom was right next to bed, plus it was kind of transparent. It was not a real door, just sliding door, which is not too sound proof. So if you want a romantic weekend, this kills it :D

The hotel staff was very nice, very helpful with directions of the city.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2017

Excellent breakfast

one male receptionist was extremely rude (on duty the 15/01/17 afternoon). Unable to answer positively to a facility inquiry he dares to say "And I don't have to say 'sorry' as this is a 4 stars hotel". Unbelievable. Otherwise the staff was lovely.

Excellent breakfast honest prices great location good facilities

• Reviewed: February 6, 2017

The staff was very, very friendly.
    • Standard Single Room

There should have been a tea pot in the individual rooms.

The staff was very, very friendly. My special thanks go to Tatiana, who was in chanrge of the Breakfast Buffet: highly qualified and very helpful!

• Reviewed: February 4, 2017

A very beautiful home like accomodation,very clean,with exceptional stuff.
    • Last Minute Double Room

A few additional small things to equip the room,bathroom.Nothing exclusive something that represents Vienna nice smelling bath soaps,photos of Vienna in the room.Otherwise,one of the few really clean hotels at the level.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2017

Overall good but for the price I paid I was a little more in terms of the reception area look & feel

The bath could have been a little larger and the reception could be a bit larger I felt

Beds were comfy, overall the hotel was ok. Lighting in the room was great.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2016

Insects in the room

I found a bug (coachroach) on my girlfriend's pillow while she was asleep: went with it and the pillow at the reception and left the hotel immediately - we have received a refund in 3 working days; broken towels; peeling paint under the window.

• Reviewed: December 14, 2016

4 s
    • Last Minute Double Room

- The photos provided are misleading. - Our room was the worst of the pictures, but the reality even fell short of this. - The room was very out dated and even had a small antique CRT TV sitting on top of a bar fringe. - The room seemed like it had not been used in a while with a fine layer of dust in the bathroom and even on the bed sheets and pillows. - They used what looked like a table runner to cover stained seats. -The walls are paper thin, you can clearly hear every word said in the next room. - the lady who was on reception was nice enough, however the gentlemen where rather rude. -we checked the prices the day we checked in and this hotel was level pegging with the better hostels - which would have probably have been a better option. We paid nearly 3 x that and based on the 4 star claim we figured it should have been ok - don't be fooled - it's a trap! - Staying here left us feeling ripped off and deceived - worst place we have stayed in on our trip around Europe.

Not much to like here... the lift was kind of cool... While the location isn't bad, it is a bit of a walk to the nearest u-barn which is the best way to get around.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2016

Group of 6 friends travelling for business in Vienna - Brno

Location is a bit far off the Innerestadt common tourist attractions on foot, but there are 2 metro stations nearby within the 15 minute walk range each and a very convenient tram stop right outside the hotel. Breakfast was overpriced and dreadful, with very small selection and quantity of food available at the price of 12 euros per person. We decided to eat out and found another hotel within a 5 min walk around the corner from the tram stop on the right (after a church, I think the name was Stadt Hotel or a name beginning with an S anyway), which provided a variety of breakfasts and very decent coffee for the same price more or less. Small bathrooms in both rooms, equipped with all necessities minus a hairdryer. Thin curtains. Slightly posh receptionists.

Staff helpful, provided maps and information of getting around and printed our boarding passes for our inbound flight. We got to use the baggage storage room after our check-out which was a saviour our last day in Vienna. Especially friendly nightwatch who made us tea at 3 am. Nice big quadruple room and equally the twin room, in the old Vienese style. We loved the double window panes and doors!

• Reviewed: November 17, 2016

Very good

No private parking.

Hotel Pension Baronesse is nice hotel in central part of Vienna. Hotel isn't new but it is clean and maintained. It is good value for money. I would come back again.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2016

Pension with some good traditional rooms (but not all of them are as on the photos)

There are some rooms that cannot be rated even as 2* (not as on the photos) Poor facilities Definitely not a 4* hotel pension

Friendly receptionists willing to help Old traditional elevator

• Reviewed: November 13, 2016

Location of the hotel is great, 10 minutes walk to main...
    • Comfort Triple Room

Poor noise isolation Hotel definitely needs redecoration repair.

Location of the hotel is great, 10 minutes walk to main tourist attractions. We parked our car in front of the hotel for only 10 € per day. Actually you get what you are paying for but it's definitely not 4* hotel

• Reviewed: November 8, 2016

Rude concierge..

The location is not that good. They had this garbage service early in the morning, it took so long them to finish their job and they were so loud, we first thought someone is rolling down their suitcases from the stairs but then the noice didnt stop for so long and repeated it for like 10 times. They didnt bother to use the elevator instead they roller up and down the garbage containers from stairs. Finally i got out from the bed and went downstairs to see whats happening and asked the consierge lady when this will be done. She replied very rude and say "when they finish their job it will be done". She could at least say sorry for this.

It was a clean room.

• Reviewed: October 28, 2016

They go by the book

Minimalist comfort without any style. Bedsheets and pillowcases, not protected during the day, did not remain clean, but the management claimed they were a "Pension," and not a "Hotel," to keep to the strict rule of changing beddings only twice a week.

The friendly staff. The quiet location near the university. Abundant and varied breakfast buffet with all types of excellent coffee.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2016

Not coming back!!
    • Comfort Quadruple Room

The bed was not comfortabile at all. We didnt have minibar in the room. And you could hear the noises from outside.

The location is full of restaurants and shops.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2016

Good :)

- my mattrace - shabby halls

The hotel is in a great location - we were practicaly in the centre and all the main sights were in a walking distance. I was a bit worried about parking because the hotel doesn´t have its own parking spaces. It was allright, though - the parking house was pretty huge and empty. We just used it for one day cause you can park on the streets in Vienna in the weekends. The first impression of the hotel wasn´t great - the building is quite run-down outside and there is a super narrrow entrance :) Anyhow, the receptionist was sweet and really friendly - helped us with everything, gave us a map and settled us in. Our room was newly reconstructed and quite comfy (even though my matress made my back hurt :D - however, it was probably just bad luck). The bathroom didn´t have a bathtub - just a shower - but it was clean and large.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2016

Authentic simple rooms, kind staff and good value
    • Comfort Triple Room

It need some professional maintenance in some area but overall... Not bad

There had been some move shoot in our room.. Unfortunately google could not tell which movie had been filmed in that hotel room let alone what scene would part take in a hotel bed room.. Interesting.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2016

Art nouveau stay
    • Comfort Triple Room

We had a great stay here. The hotel is situated in a lovely district with a lot of cafés and restaurants nearby. The room was very clean and nicely furnished. We had really enjoyed our breakfest and the staff was always helpful and pleasant.

Browse Hotel Pension Baronesse Traveler Photo Gallery