Reviews of Ibis Vienna Airport 3 stars

Raststation S1, 2320 Schwechat, Austria

#8 of 12 hotels in Schwechat

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

I think the name "airport" hotel is a misnomer, because it was neither that convenient to the airport nor at ALL convenient to tourist Vienna, which ended up being a very costly mistake for me (in airport transfers and to go into the city) on top of the cost of the room. The way the hotel is advertised to foreigners makes it seem much more conveniently located than it is, and I felt very cheated in that way.

The hotel and surrounding businesses and restaurants are great--lovely property, and very convenient if you're on a road trip and need a one-stop place to sleep, eat, and refuel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was delicious.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

"Restaurant" was confusing and expensive, but adequate.

The perfect airport hotel... convenient, clean, quiet, comfortable bed, good shower pressure.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Service from a young blonde lady bigger built girl than the first ( rather arrogant ) Not having brochures for tourist to look at to do a tour from the hotel on the surrounding especially if they were staying more than overnight Grumpy pizza maker in Marche ( may not have anything to do with the hotel though ) but he needs to cater for paying customers needs

Service by 2 of the young ladies at reception , one was on our arrival and the other young lady who was there more was exceptional with her service with being able to speak and understand English more than the other but those 2 were excellent even my sister who I was with made an excellent comment on the first young lady The friendliness and understanding from the housekeeping staff as my sister was very ill and it was harder for them to clean room Service from the gentleman I spoke to organize a taxi for me for when I checked out and for when I did check out

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The location is far away from the airport. The hotel is misleading by title of "Ibis airport hotel". It should read "Ibis near by the airport". The taxi driver wants 28-30 euro each way! It is better to pay more to stay at the real airport hotel like Moxy and NH hotel.

The room is nice

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

I wanted to have the window open during the night. There was a wide ledge outside the window and I did not fee safe leaving the window open. It looked like I was staying at a truck stop. There was a Burger King and a Marche. Not quality food options.

the bed was comfortable. The room was small, but adequate for my needs.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Not helpful with arranging transfer from the airport - was under the impression I was waiting for them to send a driver in the hotel shuttle bus (to then be charged for) so sat waiting to then be told I had to go inside and get a taxi from the fixed price desk.

Fantastic affordable choice of food to eat in the 'marketplace' type restaurant

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

transport...the ad on booking.com says there is a shuttle to Vienna airport...there was none....the hotel told me they had a special deal with the taxis but they did not..I paid 30 euro each way ...almost as much as a room!

n a

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Staff was under training and had to wait a lot (15-20 minutes) to get a room (compared to other times when I was staying here) even late in the evening.

Closely located to the autoroute with a good Marche restaurant at the ground-floor.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

We met the rudest receptionist, who was not eager to accept our ID and she was insisting to see our passports, despite the fact we come from Greece that belongs to the EE.In addition to that she was extremely rude and she refused to answer to our questions.

The location of the hotel is next to the highway, thus it is the ideal place to sleep over when traveling. The room was very clean and specious.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Maybe a bit too basic. maybe cheap but staff can learn to be service oriented even though working on a cheap hotel.. A clock would be nice to have in the room. and maybe a pencil in the room. Not good communication about the shuttle. It was not found in the airport and when I asked upon arrival to the hotel after a taxi drive, the staff did not communicate the working hours of the shuttle. Just to find out that when I asked in the morning the shuttle had just left and I had to wait at least half an hour for the next. So had to chose a taxi again. In conclusion the hotel stay become all in all too expensive for what it is worth. Taxi back and forth then better to choose another hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Thought the staff seemed a bit jaded. When pressed they would help.

Nice facility. The airport location was key for us. Our out bound flight was cancelled so it seemed to be a very good respite for the price.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

I received an e-mail asking if we would like for the hotel to arrange a taxi for 15 € from the airport for us, I just needed to send our flight info. I said yes to that and sent the info. There was no taxi waiting for us, we had to get Uber for 30€, which was cheaper than a taxi ride. When we asked about it at the hotel we were just told, ‘We’ll, I don’t know about that’. And about the Free shuttle to the airport, there is only one early morning, which should be made clear on your add with Booking.com

Loved your restaurant and the staff!

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

In the description, it is mentioned a shuttle service from and to the airport managed by the hotel. However, I arrived in Vienna airport at 22:30 and I had to take a taxi to go the hotel (ca. 30 euros!). Then at 5 am, I had to take again the taxi from the hotel back to the airport (ca. 15 euros). I asked at the hotel reception: they told me that shuttle service runs only during the day. For fairness, that must be reported in the description of the hotel and at the time of the booking. In summary, people consider extra-money for taxi if you arrive late and/or leave early.

Room clean and comfortable. The standard price is ok overall. However, the taxi cost made the stay not so convenient in the end. I cannot judge the breakfast because I left at 5 am.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Ventilator at the bathroom. Small room

Small room; bathroom ventilator wouldn’t go off unless the energy key is altogether removed. Well placed hotel if you need to catch a plane.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

No shuttle service. Hotel did not inform that there is a possibility to ask the hotel for the taxi to pick up from the airport which charges 16 Euros and normal taxi from the airport cost 30 Euros.

It is okay to stay for Transit passenger/ one night.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The front desk never told us about a free shuttle to the airport. Also the WiFi sucked it kicked out no mater where I was in Hotel.

It was close to the airport and had food available on premises. Even a Burger King but the other restaurant had everything you needed from Soup to Nuts.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The receptionist girl was so rude, not nice at all, I think she hates Arab people, she told me this is your room key & waving for me "elevator is there " even with out looking in my face, it was totally rude an acceptable behavior, I don't advise anyone to go to this hotel not to see her face .

It's clean , free internet, restaurants in the facility.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

I was told there's no vacancy at the reception. If it wasn't for Booking.com I wouldn't even be able to stay at the hotel. The room was not child proof, all electrical sockets were close to the ground. It's lucky I got child proofing equipment with me. No minibar, some of the food I got in my refrigerated box got spoiled. No extra towels, and no hangers whatsoever in the bathroom for the towels. Electrical circuit in the room is activated via the key-card, but doesn't hold the circuit closed after removing it even for a minute. I had to put my ID card while moving the luggage up from the car so that I have the key to open the door while my wife is with the baby.

Beds were nice and soft. Good TV. The room was clean. Couldn't tryout the wifi, but I guess it's decent. There was plenty of space in the parking. You have Burger King, a Restaurant and a gas station next doors.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

It might be viewed as a petty issue, but is not about the amount, but the principle. Once back home I could verify my account statement - I have paid the local taxes on the moment I have made the booking. But the hotel receptionist charged me again the same amount. They should pay attention to these kind of details.

It's super ok for a transit hotel. Clean, nice facilities, many breakfast and lunch choices.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

I sent a request for a crib to you after making the reservation. That request was never forwarded to the hotel and they did not have it available for us. It made the stay for my friends very difficult as they had to sleep with their 7-month old daughter between them.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The name "Airport" is deceiving as this property is not even close to the airport and has no shuttles - taxi ride is over €30?!? So why call it airport hotel☹️

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Two things: 1) The hotel is over 10 miles away from the airport. The Ibis Vienna Airport hotel website advertises free transportation to the airport. This is why I chose this hotel. When I contacted them one week before my stay to confirm that they would be transporting me to the airport at 4:30 AM the next morning, they responded that they do not provide transportation to the airport, but they could arrange transportation for me at the cost of 16 euros. I sent the woman a screenshot of their website. The next response I received, from a different person said that they do not provide transportation during July and August. Again I forwarded the screenshot of their website and pointed out that there is no mention of no transportation during the summer months. She then responded to me that because I booked through Booking.com, and not through their Ibis or Accor websites, I was not eligible for the free transportation. I pointed out that I paid their hotel directly, in advance, which was a contract with them, not with Booking.com. I then had numerous emails back and forth discussing false advertising. She eventually agreed to cover the 16 euro cost for the taxi, which did arrive promptly and transport me to the airport. 2) Breakfast was included with the cost of my room, but as I was leaving so early I was informed that the breakfast would not be available. I checked into my room at 7 PM, and the restaurant was open at the time. I asked if they could prepare a small take-away box for me with a yogurt, a piece of fruit and perhaps a roll or pastry. I was told "No." I asked why not and was not given any response, just a "No, we can't do that."

Hotel was clean and efficient. Perfectly adequate for a one-night stay.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The room smells like there has been smoked. Lost remote control so no TV. Bathroom was large for handicapped but the floor was not cleaned properly

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

room is missing coffy/tea preparation equipment . some people like their own coffe .

at the hotel lobby there is a wonderfull open kitchen restaurant .

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The hotel does not provide free parking, as advertised on Booking. Com. Near the hotel the parking places are not free. We arrived before 14h and had to wait with for the check in. The shops in the mall are very expensive and one has to pay even at the toilet. As the hotel is located in a rest area on the motor road, one is practically a prisoner of this commercial complex. The wifi worked neither in the room nor in the lobby.

In spite of the location,the room was quiet. The room is comfortable and clean.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

We came into the Airport and asked for shuttle bus and were informed, that there is only one possibility to get to the hotel: Taxi for 20 euros. When we asked in the hotel why there is an information on booking.com about Airport Shuttle the answer was "Sorry there is a little mistake". And for this mistake we paid 35 euros (from the airport and back)

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

There was nothing to like abt this property . Its neither vienna nor airport. I asked them for a pick up from station and everytime i called rates changed from 10 euro to 40 euro even during the call. Accessibility is poor in all sense Heater was not working in the room. They dont even care to check the room before giving. Location and staff not recommended to anyone

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

We booked two rooms, and asked for either connected rooms or adjacent rooms, but we didn't get them. The hotel has connected rooms because one of the rooms we got does have a door into another room (which was locked, of course). It's not that this hotel cannot provide connected rooms. Instead, it's simple - they don't really care. It would be so easy to provide this to guests who ask for that, if they only wanted to put in one bit of extra effort. But this hotel simply does not care. Obviously, they are an opportunity hotel (serving one-off guests who happen to travel through Vienna airport), rather than one that wants to build a steady clientele. But it's still a pity.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

woman on the reception booked a taxi to the airport for me and said that it costs 16 euro, but I was charged 23 euro

nice hotel for staying for 1 night, very good breakfast, low price

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

As above, certain staff were pathetic. It also says on the internet that the property is 10 minutes from the airport, it's not! It's about 15-20, you need to advertise correctly

The night girl that checked me in was totally gorgeous and could not have been more helpful. The morning girl when I checked out was appalling and could not have cared less about my requests.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Heating was difficult to control.Room was too hot.

Easily accessible.Only 10mins from airport.Restaurant "Marche" co-located and is open late.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

the breakfast is much to expensive if compared to other locations in major cities, more than double, the heating in the room is made via air conditioning wich is working extremly inefficent, expensive accomodation fees, for eg. in the city center I had few weeks ago a double room for EUR 100 with breakfast included, 2-3 minutes from Stephansdom

good stopp when traveling onroad because of optimum locations next to the highway

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Located at motorway and it is close to airport- around 15-18 km. However, one should order a taxi to reach Vienna airport. Suitable for one night stay before early flight.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The reception staff are not very dedicated to their work. FACE OFF The shower was not working propertly.

Parking place free and easy and the restaurant on the lobby and the gas station one step aside.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

the hotel is located on the highway, close to Schwechat the village, you need a taxi to get there, paid 28e when I went there at night...

the room was clean (even sterile), typical business hotel, the bed was comfortable. save more time for breakfast, because you can chose whatever you want from the buffet and they have some really nice things :)

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

I really cant think of a single thingworry-free

I had no car. I speak no German. The hotel arranged transportation to and from the airport. Truly exceptional we"ll-take-care-of-everything desk service.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

IBIS Airport...? What this hotell is around 20km from Airport and no buss transport at all. Come with Taxi and pay your self!! How the name can be Airport IBIS??

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

I ordered a shuttle to pick me up from the Airport. I received no reply and waited for 30 minutes. I got into a normal Taxi which costs €30,- for a 5 km. journey. After arriving at the Hotel I was told a shuttle is only available from the Hotel to the Airport. So why in the Hotel facilities is there a Shuttle service offered? The room in effect costs an extra €30,- which is for this small distance from the Airport ridiculous.

The various Restaurants available on the ground floor.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Lady with attitude ! (part of the staff who gave a receptionist bad attitude in front of the guests )

Not a 5 star obviously but for the price n location it's good

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Breakfast was expensive, and with it being part of a service station, the lobby was often extremely busy with travellers. There were no dining options nearby either, so it was either the limited hotel menu, or Burger King.

Handy for Vienna Airport, although it takes about 15 mins to drive to from the terminal. Comfortable enough, big TV, powerful shower and fast in-room WiFi.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

No fridge in the room. Good but pretty expensive breakfast offered by the Marche restaurant (optional).

Very good location for a 1 night stop along the autoroute in Austria. 24/7 reception. Comfortable beds, clean rooms. Good WiFi coverage. Pets are allowed but you pay 10 EUR extra.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

* Price to high *Acces card doesn't work during the journey, every time the reception person has to come to open the door.

Rich breakfast choosing

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

-slow check in process - wireless internet was not working. According to receptionist new system and some problems commonly -expensive breakfast

-location near airport -good breakfast, even it was expensive -normal Ibis level not any luxurious but ok

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Wi-Fi connection wasn't strong, restaurant was extremely expensive and little alternatives for eating. Only way to get there is by taxi and that cost $40, to hotel and to the airport

Clean, close to airport, air conditioned

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Restaurant set up quite confusing, it looks like a food court rather than a restaurant - which it is, but not much consideration for vegetarians. Considering that it is an airport hotel, hardly anyone spoke English. Tv had no English speaking channels and given that there is nothing else to do, even a few multi-lingual videos would have been nice.

Wide range of food and comfortable room, one of the chefs was very friendly and flexible

Stayed in May 2016

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Friendly staff. Restaurants nearby.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Situated on the main motor way from Romania it is excellent value for money and time saving. Very friendly service and excellent food.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Staff were not very friendly. And the restaurant was overly expensive.

Fairly handy for the airport

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

the wi-fi connection was problematic

everything according to the Ibis standards, excellent restaurant at Ground floor, with very good food.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Staff were a bit miserable, the Marche restaurant was a rip off and overly expensive.

Handy for the airport, although it is an €18 taxi ride.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Unstoppable broken flushing toilet! All night!

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

I have never seen such bad reception!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely nothing

Amazing, helping staff . Extremely polite, easy check in / check out

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

One of the stuff was working on night late was impolite 💔

Everything’s 👍👨‍👩‍👧

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Pay attention that the hotel is not at the airport

Food was very good

Most helpfull staff!

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

very clean, right off the highway, burger king in the lobby

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Poor frequency of shuttle bus services

Variety of breakfast

Everything fine, Ibis standard

Coffee in room.

The food was great the concept down stairs

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Young lady over the counter was rude and uncooperative.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

SO far away from the city

Clean and comfortable

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The hotel lists an airport shuttle, but there is only one shuttle per day, at 6:45AM! At any other time of the day you are are on your own.

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

It was a joke to be charged €17 for breakfast. Two coffee and two bread rolls....

Nice room and comfortable bed

Clean and comfortable. Nothing else

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The location with many other facilities nearby

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

very helpful and friendly staff

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

They lied that they have shuttle to the airport and they did not have it. I had to pay for the taxi!!!

should tell clearly

the facilities mentioned are misleading

Hotel minimalista

Vicinanza all'aereoporto e all'autostrada

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

The Carpet was grubby. The aircon was inefficient. No bar fridge in the room. This is bad when medication needs to be cool.

Not much

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Location, easy to find, close to the highway

• Standard Room with 2 Single Beds

Friendly staff and very clean hotel!

Is ok unless there in the room is not fridge wich in my opinion is necessarily for travellers!