Reviews of Hotel Resonanz Vienna 3 stars

Taborstraße 47-49, 02. Leopoldstadt, 1020 Vienna, Austria

#299 of 316 hotels in Vienna

Staff was not supportive. Rooms are quite congested. Check out time was quite early like 11:00am in the morning. They even didn’t allowed me to checkout at noon. Very disappointed.

Location is good, with sort of central location

No air condition Not enough light in the room,only lampshades Breakfast was good but a bit limited

Not very expensive Clean Friendly staff Location is nice but 30mins away from centre by walk, there is a lot of transport methods though

I wonder if during summer time the room is getting to hot without air-condition. The ironing set and cleaning-room materials were left all 2 days in the collider outside the rooms. Only filter coffee available.

A descent, clean, medium-large size room. Close to metro station and in area that you could find anything, from MacDonald’s, pizza, Spar grocery… Breakfast above average. Bathroom had all the necessary amenities. Room although at front street (2nd floor) was quiet. If you consider the price I think was a very good choice.

It's an older facility with paperthin walls and doors. No AC. Poor lighting, some sockets weren't working. Credit card payment only possible above 100 Euro.

Location near Prater.

Outstanding and very friendly service in the Jewish Quater of Vienna i highly reccomend to Jewish and non Jewish visitors great location and value for money - the staff were extreemly helpful

Room didnt have ceiling lighting, only a 1m high floor lamp (+ bed lamp), which gives nice ambient light, but it is not so convenient if you need to actually do something. For my 4 day stay it was OK.

Room was clean, staff was nice, hotel is 200m from subway station, and buns for breakfast were fresh and tasty :)

The location was perfect: close to the Prater, 2 min from the U-Bahn. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable. Breakfast was OK, everyone could find something for themselves.

The rooms furniture was old and damaged. There were some small hole in the walls. There were no wall paper but the wall was painted, certainly not lately as they were a lot of marks on the walls. The shower was to old too and not like the one that looks at the picture either. It was hard to have a good shower as you could easily slip, there were no pressure in the shower and the bath was all wet after it as there were no separation.

I was at the Hotel for one night with my family. The best part about the room is that it was clean and spacey. The staff was very nice and polite and they managed to accommodate us even though we were there at 1 and the check in was after 2p.m, but It was not possible to pay at checkout (in case of any complain), even-thought they had already blocked the money. The breakfast was good. Good location Metro U2 was just 2 minutes walk and the Tram was really near. You could easily walk to the main attraction to Stplatz for 20 minutes.

Very small Room, mattress 5 cm higher on One side, no bed table to put a phone or glasses. Not so nice breakfest, bad looking reception with storage behind counter. Guy at check in giving a lecture about not bringing my credit card wich he billed even before asking me for it or how would i like to pay for the Room.

very soft mattresses, old damaged furniture, dirty carpet, without a promised bottle of wine (gift for welcome)

good location, near by foot to city center, close to metro station

Great location - in 10-15 minutes from the old town. Good breakfast with sufficient variety of food. SPAR, BILLA supermarkets are in the neighborhood.

The room is too small and the bathrooms are not even sufficient for a child. Towel is also very old. Room was hot as well. No drinking water, no coffee maker. They have just a bed.

only the location.

- Impossibility to check-in before 2:00PM even there have been free rooms - Impossibility to pay at checkout - Impossibility to pay by card if less then 100 EUR - old apartment with destroyed furniture

We have arrived at about 12:30PM. We could not check-in even there have been quite many luggage in the storage room and check-out is at 11:00AM, so everybody had to be gone yet at least 1.5 hours.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good and the location of the hotel was amazing! It was close to the city center and the neighborhood was pretty calm and not very noisy. The subway station is really close, grocery store and some restaurants and cafes as well.

Unfortunately there were multiple school groups staying for the majority of our stay. Our room was located on an isolated corridor and every other room in our corridor was occupied by school children. This wouldn't have been a problem if there had been teachers staying on our corridor and the kids hadn't been so exceptionally noisy - running in the corridor, banging doors, screaming - at literally all hours of the evening and night. The hotel staff were extremely sympathetic and did what they could in trying to get the teachers to control their pupils however I can't help but doubt the amount of thought that went into surrounding normal guests (us) with unsupervised school groups. The lack of sleep on several nights was pretty severe.

The room was an excellent size for the two of us - even had two desks so we could each work in comfort. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful with all queries we had. The hotel is ideally located. We were travelling daily to a conference so the proximity to the u-bahn was ideal.

There was no shutter on the window and no proper curtains to prevent sunlight to come in during the morning. I was not given a bottle of wine as advertised - which was not problem anyway. I had better expectations for the breakfast.

The room was rather big.

• Apartment

Greyhaired old manager/owner was rude, having offended my wife twice with his pithy comments, and generally walking around moping and giving nasty looks. Floor was squeaky (loud). Shower had no pressure literally stopping at times. Decor was from the eighties/thirties. I don't know how they got 3 stars. Very expensive for what you get.

Breakfast was good, though lacking bacon. Some of the working staff were ok but seemed miserable at their work. Location was ok, could walk to center about 2 km, trams/underground nearby. Heating of room was good.

Location of the hotel was great. 2 min from the metro Taborstrasse, line 2 and there were trams right in front of the hotel. Tripple room was comfy, bathroom was great! Spacious, with the big mirror, very important for all three ladies ;) I was missing only a kettle in the room, to make a hot tea. Breakfast was ok, but I would add a toaster to make hot toast. We were very satisfied with our accommodation and I will very recommend it to anyone.

I didn't like the way they asked me my passport and they make it one copy for it, and they gave me the room was occupied with someone.

I like the location and the room

the internet didn't work at all. I had just one place in the room to charge my phone and it didn't work at all...the room was really small and everything looks very old

the breakfast was very good, the stuff was nice, had an elevator, good price

No restaurants nearby, only one chinese restaurant ,not so good quality food. Interiors of the room could have been better, old curtains etc.( other rooms appeared better on website, may be the rooms all have different interior)

close to the subway. good tram access. close to city centre but need a tram to go to schwedenplatz friendly staff breakfast included -but basic

The bed was a bit loud when you turned from one side to the other but other than that everything was fine.

Breakfast was good and the area was perfect for me. Check-in and check-out very fast.

Breakfast could be more various. Wifi is not very good.

Very comfortable room! Hotel is on great location, near the undeground station.. in just few minutes by metro, you're in the center of Vienna!

• Double Room with Private External Bathroom

One of the socket wasn’t working. For breakfast could be appreciated croissants and a little bit of music in the breakfast room.

The room was nice and spacious. The breakfast was tasty. The location is very comfortable, close to metro and center.

Lighting in room was a bit dark so difficult to get ready in the evening. Would have been nice to have a kettle in the room with a few herbal and black teas and a fridge for cool drinks and milk but understandable for the price of the room to not have these facilities. There are some steep steps to the hotel so a slope for rolling-up suitcases / wheelchairs would be a bonus. The staff were a bit noisy in the mornings when cleaning the rooms dropping and throwing things, clanging and shouting to each other but was quiet in the night to sleep.

The breakfast was a good range but as I am gluten and dairy free there wasn't much choice for me. I had a problem with the shower (sprinkler-face missing from shower-head) but the Manager fixed it as soon as I mentioned it and he regularly roamed the hotel to make sure all was up to scratch. The bed is the best I have slept in - very comfortable supportive mattress especially for the price. Room was at the back of the hotel so no view but very good daylight during the day. Towels changed everyday with clean ones. The room was pleasantly warm (was very cold out during my stay), I had to turn the heating off and open the window but it was quiet enough to sleep and nice to have fresh air. A great bargain room for the price and comfortably furnished with table and two chairs. A tram-ride away from centre of town. I am disable and have difficulty walking, my friend had booked a room for us but I decided to get there a few days earlier and leave a few days later and they kindly booked me in the same room for all three bookings (I booked a room either side of the room booking my friend had made). They also gave me a room close enough to the breakfast room that I wouldn't have to walk far but far enough that the noise wouldn't disturb me.

I would just highlight that breakfast was average but again for the price it is good value for money.

Well, for the price, you could not expect much, but it is a good budget quality/service hotel.

Breakfast was really good. Stuff was always checking if the food was over and renewing immediately if it is. The room was clean and tidyl as seen on the photos. I really recommend that hotel.

Wifi was not working good or sometimes at all No lift access to some hotel rooms No access to hotel from side door - only exit

Clean, in very good condition the bathroom - big, white, comfortable; strong hairdryer, not like usually in hotels Warm and clean room, comfortable beds. Breakfast was very good!!!fresh and good variety!!!

The old furniture, dusty, dark old hotel, a joke of internet. The police hunting the foreigners for parking tickets.

that I had hot water for shower!

相當差勁的服務態度 - 大廳桌上居然放著奧地利極右派的雜誌,也只有吃驚可以形容了 - 早餐咖啡不好喝 - The hostel policy stated, "photo ID needs to be provided when checking in". So I showed them my Austrian residence permit, but they insisted on seeing my passport (this has never happend before in other Austrian hostels I stayed in!). Who on earth brings his/her passport around if residing in this country?! All of their staff seemed to be not familiar enough with their own policies. And one of the man was not friendly at all - instead of saying see you next time (at least out of politeness), when we handed in the keys and were putting on our coats in front of the counter, he asked, "do you need anything else?" "I thought you want to pay again since you're standing here" That was EXTREMELY uncomfortable and was such a rude joke! - Austrian far-right magazines on the tables in the hostel lobby! Seriously?!

Low price

I stated that we will arrive at 10 am, as a special recuest, but we checked in at 2pm.

Everything was good. The staff was very nice. Breacfast was perfect, restorant is clean and they refresh it all the time. Hotel is very clean, evry second day clening staff bring clean towels and clean the room. Location of hotel is good, uber station is near, hotel is in the safe place. There is many shops, and intresting place to visit near the hotel.

There was no elevator access to our room and the breakfast was poor.

Spacious room, comfortable bed and big bathroom. The location is central and great close to all attractions.

The breakfast could have been more varied, specifically I would have liked more fruit. The internet just didn't work at night. We did not have a central room, and the only time we could get the internet was in the mornings at breakfast. If it could connect in our room in the morning, it worked fine, but often could not connect or would constantly disconnect. It was also a dead zone for my phone, so I could not use my 3G, either.

The room was nice and big, clean bathroom and nice shower. The location was excellent, right next to Taborstrasse station and an easy walk to Praterstern (for the airport) and into the city. It was quiet and warm! Had very little interaction with staff, but they all seemed helpful and friendly.

• Apartment

1. The Appartments that this hotel is selling on Booking are NOT actually part of the Hotel. The hotel has rooms at groundfloor and first floor only. These apartments are on 2nd and 3rd floors and in order to find them you go by stairs passing a door which announce you that you are exiting the hotel! 2. The appartment looks messy, old, with lefties furniture, dirty walls and floor and messy bathroom. 3. The pictures which appear on the website are totally different than what we found entering the appartment. 4. The WC/toilet is placed separate than the shower (2different rooms). I won't recomment these appartments!

Not so far from the center.

Breakfast can be better(More items like pancakes, sausages, salmon etc).

Location, good public transportation nearby, good staff and breakfast is also good but limited options

Wifi is horrible, it kept disconnecting. Cleanliness wasn't on point. When I checked in (first floor) the corridor and room smelled horribly. I have stayed in cheaper with less "stars" that were much better

Location although not central, metro (U-bahn) and tram stops right at the door, with shops around. Or you can walk it (~20-25 min)

We asked the manager to fix the unusable safe in one of the rooms we had booked, and check the channels on the tv as very few were available. He did neither. On another day, our room wasn't made up.

We lived in Vienna for many years, so knew the area well. It's great for walking into the 1st district and the nearby u-bahn station made it easy to reach the rest of Vienna.

The Wifi is terrible bad,no conection at all,and there was no queen or king size bed,but two beds attached to eachother!

The room was very good,clear and also very warm,the bathroom was very good and clear..location was very good 15 min walking to center..the morning meal was perfect so delicious..

• Apartment

We asked two weeks before for gluten free berkfest and Soia milk . When we come to the hotel they answer us ״we are tree stars hotel - we don’t need to a do anything special for those requests

No internet access at all in the rooms, just in the common spaces. Furniture and beds can be changed, as seems they haven't been renewed in a while.

Rooms were clean and spacious. Good to have some fruits and water as courtesy. Location, even though is not city center, its still convenient to move around as metro is 5 mins walk. Prater is walking distance though. There are supermarkets and some restaurants around, which is good as well. Staff was nice and helpful. Breakfast was fresh and enough.

Some stains on the walls ...noisy woody floor ... some parts need to be renovated

The location was the best point ... 20 minutes walk to the city centure

The bed was extra comfortable, and the staff was really pleasant. Perfect for weekend getaway to Vienna as it is near the Prater train station and walking distance to the tourist center of the town.

The light in the room is quite bad. The noise from the street was very disturbing in the morning.

Excellent breakfast! Even though some fresh fruits are missing. Some bananas would have been great. Very nice bathroom with good lights and big mirrors. Good Wi-Fi signal (at least in room 103). The hotel is very warm and we enjoyed every time we came frozen from outside. The room has 2 big radiators with high heat and we even switched one off to sleep well. You can take a nice 15-20 minutes walk from the hotel to the city center.

in the room we booked the shower didn't work properly. The sink didn't absorb any water so in a few minutes the water started flooding out. I went to the reception and asked if I could get a different room because we do not have functioning shower. The girl at the reception said there was no room available but said it would be fixed the next day. Later that evening the manager approached me and asked what happened to our shower so I told him what happened. This manager got angry at me for making the water flood out of the shower and almost made it seem like it was my fault his shower doesn't work properly. I was very disappointed by this experience because I paid for a room and expect it to function and then when something does not work well the personell start blaming me for it. Absolutely horrible service

no main light in the room

Fun and friendly staff, great location, fresh breakfast, comfy bed, possibility to park on the street for free on the weekend

Internet sometimes not very strong but we managed...

Good value for the price we paid! Simple but functional and comfortable! Near the underground! Good breakfast!

The location of the room was not so confortable for the sleeping and rest due to tram road near the hotel.hope fornext booking better position of the room

I would like to thanks all the staf.

There was no WiFi in the room. Daily cleaning could be done a little bit better. The hall was noisy and is was hard to fall asleep sometimes. The decor and furniture were outdated and tired.

Nice location: just 2 minutes from the subway and 15 minutes from the city center. Breakfasts were good enough. The room was clean, spacious and warm. There was no noise from the street during the night.

Unstable wi-fi connection (sometimes did not work at all), one of my colleague had a room where heatining did not work :-(

Nice bathroom, well-equiped rooms, hotel cards to the room door, very good breakfast :-) Quite close to the city centre.

• Double Room with Private External Bathroom

Wifi so slow that can be labeled non-working, even the ultra-slow connection was disconnecting constantly. Heating settings did not work, toilet in the corridor with well-below standard space.

Shoes cleaner and iron available in the corridor.

I came to the hotel around 11 and I asked for the earlier check in - it was not possible and I was told to come back at 2 pm. I came back at 2 pm and I was told to wait 15 min because my room was not ready. Ok, I waited.. I waited for 1 hour and when I asked if my room is ready and expressed my disappointment the manager laughted at my face and tried to convince me that "check in from 2 pm does not mean that the room should be available for me from 2 pm" . This was ridiculous. I have never encountered such an attitude from the staff of any hotel. I did not feel welcome. The manager of the hotel was very impolite. Moreover, there is no elevator from the second floor to the fourth floor and the stairway is in bad condition. Walls in the hotel are dirty. Breakfast was very boring. This hotel does not deserve 3 stars.

The breakfast room is small, so queuing is necessary at busy times. Unusual requests (i.e. to sort out the safe in the room) were forgotten. The decor in the single room was very tired and the venetian blind in the bathroom was unusable.

It's close to the U-bahn station, on a tram line & not far from the city centre. Food is replenished efficiently & the tables are cleared rapidly at breakfast. It's a convenient, no-frills place in a good location.

There was nothing wrong during my short stay

It was acceptable for my needs - just the one night's accommodation in a budget hotel. I didn't get around the area much but in the morning there was easy access to the shops in the immediate vicinity and it was only a short walk to the Metro station.

Very poor WiFi signal which was made worse by the fact that you could not get a decent cellular signal. Made working from the hotel very poor. No fridge in the room like most hotels have.

Close to public transport. Would have been a nice hotel once upon a time but now very aged.

I had to work during the nights, so I asked when booking for a room with very good wifi connection. Instead, I was given a room at the very end of the corridor, away from the rooter. Wifi connection was simply non-existing after 7 pm and in the morning before 9 am when everybody is connected. Breakfast was very basic. Staff at the reception neutral.

I chose this hotel because of its pricing and its location. I wouldn't stay again at this hotel.

no room service no mini bar fridge or welcome drink / water. Walls urgently needs to painted and room overall was ok. couldve been cheaper. 80 euros for a 2 star hotel is too much. Eventhough it is rated 3stars....

no Croissants and bed ok.

Wifi connection was very bad. when we ask to stuff, they respond us like that, our room location is end of corridor. wifi modem is very far from our room. they do not try to solve problem.

room size is big.

Very very disappointed. I had lost my wallet in Salzburg the day beodre I reached Hotel Resonanz and they had found it and agreed to courier it to Vienna. I instructed the hotel for half an hour to courier it to me as it was reaching them a day after I left. I even agreed to pay as much as it would take to send it to India. Once I reached here and called them the guy at the reception tells me: "oh I'm sorry, we sent it back." No apology, nothing. When I contacted the post office they said "the hotel did NOT want to accept the wallet." Such poor service. Would never recommend this to anyone.

• Apartment

In appartment, wifi is very poor and no room attendant and service available similarly no elevator till 4th floor and not proper staircases.

I would say rooms in apartments are spacious

• Apartment

The place is a little dated. Blackout shades would have been a real plus. Had to walk a little way to the sites but totally doable. A little bit noisy but I expect some noise in a large city. Don't stay here if you depend on the wifi, it was almost nonexistent.

Good value for the money. Breakfast was really good and there was plenty of food. Really liked the mattress and the room was clean. The staff was very friendly. Held our bags after we checked out.

The street was noisy from 5:00 am, I wasnt able to fall asleep from that time again.

Wireless connection was continuous to do my remote work at evening time. Nice breakfast menu. Bathroom is well equipped.

• Apartment

Low-end from every aspect: Cheap food from nearby Hofer (Aldi) for breakfast; wellworn, tired and noisy furniture, accesories and floor; loud street noises coming through windows; dirty walls; just few utensils in the apartements kitchen; no dishwasher machine, no A.C.

The only positive thing about the property was the reLative easy access to public transport.

It was unclean and not comfortuble at all staff need some lessons in customer service

To be honest nothing from the moment we arrived the staff very unpleasent

We got the room in the next building where you had to go-through the main building. The room was rather colder, but it was only for 1 night and the hotel owner (?) gave us extra blankets, so it was ok at the end. The room was on the ground floor and also you could hear people passing by on the hallway. The room and the bathroom need renovation! I did not have the feeling the shower was clean, just did not feel comfortable in that room at all. The breakfast was average and tablecloth had stains on it.

Location - 2 minutes from the subway station and tram station.

Everything was just perfect and up to the mark!

The place is outstanding, and I strongly recommend it! Many thanks to the respected Administration of the hotel - for being always there! I really, really appreciate it! Thank you all! And Good luck to you! Best (the very best) regards, Victor

we asked for double room and got two single beds pushed together and two duvets.the springs were pushing up in places.the whole room could do with a make over really.would'nt want to be any further from city center.

the coffee was nice as was the breakfast as a whole.close to the funfair and train station.

No A/C, so keep this in mind if traveling in summer! With temperatures passing the 30 mark some days, sleeping was impossible. The decor and furniture look, outdated and tired. Room has a very rickety desk, and TV made a loud humming noise. With that said, unless you plan on traveling in the summer time, this is a place you should consider.

Good value for money, great helpful staff. Great location, a 15 min walk and you are in the heart of Vienna. Very short walk to hotel from the U-bahn station. Daily complementary breakfast, which consisted of a good sized buffet selection.

We travelled with 2 kids 5 and 7, and normally kids up to 5 years old are staying free if we don't ask for xtra bed. I mean we aksed for one extra bed for 2 kids and we were willing to pay extra for the bed and for the brakfasts. But the owner of the hotel, who sits at the reception all the time, was very rude, and he charged us fully, even for the breakfasts that we could not have due to early check out. I hated the attitude, even if the hotel is not willing to make any consession, there could be a more polite way to reject, and not the way that the guest would feel humiliated. So all 3 days we felt that attitude...

The location is good. Internet was good. The breakfast was also good also we had to pay for the breakfast that we did not have due to early check out.

I have sent 3 e-mails but management give no reactions! Dear Management of hotel Resonanz, We were 8 days in your hotel in room 213. And we must say we are very disappointed about location/room and service. In really I think you have a management problem. If you want, I can help you as management-advisor/professional of companies. Our comments: About cleaning: 8 days no cleaning of bathroom; Mirror, washbasin. A death fly was there 8 days and other insects No change of bedclothes during 8 days. Black mold in corner of bathroom. Room 213: It was in reality a room for 1 person. Only 1 chair, no room for 2 suitcases!!! The receptionist told us on arrival in the evening of 26.7. that we got one of the best rooms ...... There were 3 days problems with washbasin stop and lamp next to bed. Curtain in bathroom was defect. Without asking the fan was taken away in a time of very high temperatures. No coffee machine or small refrigerator in the room. Breakfast Chairs make noise! No luxury products (ananas, bread, bananas for example) on buffet as shown in the pictures on internet. Staff does not make friendly contact with guests and are working with faces from stone.... Coffee machine often empty. Space of breakfast-room too small: people have sometimes to wait in a row. No airconditioning in breakfast room! Crumbs will be swept on the ground during quickly cleaning tables for new guests. In response to these complaints, we will refund 25% of our costs of the payed Euro 644,-. Your reaction please, Gert-Jan Jacobs Marija Streikute

• Double Room with Private External Bathroom

Bad food,poor breakfast,rooms too small,bathroom and toilet next door!! Dreadful noise all night from the street,can't sleep,very hot,no conditioners,very bad choice of the hotel

We liked nothing.Staff people do what they can,but it's not enough.

Was told free laundry...was out of service the 5 days we were there. And no one knew when it was to be fixed. Rude staff and unclean and worn out front lobby. Very dissapointed.

Good breakfast

The bed and the size of the room. Ideal for city short escape.

Helpful stuff, nice quarter, clean hotel, charming decoration, old building, easy access to other places in Wien,

• Apartment

Location is only 2 minutes from Line U2 subway and maybe 10 minutes walk to city center. Easy to go to and from airport. Just use either S7 train or CAT(City airport Train) then take LineU2 subway. Get off Taborsttrase. Hotel is only 400 meters. Same street as Mcdonald. Breakfast is good enough!!

Tv wasnt working and we missed the part of no ac or fans in the rooms.

The extentions building have better/modern room. breakfast was nice. Friendly staff explained the hotel layout so we didnt get lost.

For small children, there are a lot of stairs and they need to be supervised.

Nice and helpful staff. Great location near subway and bus station. Rental car for 2 days and no issues for the parking. Close to Augarten park and also kids playground. Clean with clean towels and lingerie for the bed. Breakfast was OK. Also we received an extra bed for the our 2 year old child, no extra pay.

Browse Hotel Resonanz Vienna traveller photo gallery