Reviews of Hotel-Restaurant Stefanihof 3 stars

Dorfstraße 27, 5330 Fuschl am See, Austria

#8 of 8 hotels in Fuschl am See

Excellent hotel, excellent host, excellent location.
    • Small Double Room with Balcony and Mountain View

Nothing. This is an excellent hotel with a lovely manager/owner.

We received a warm and friendly greeting from Roswitha who helped us enormously with her excellent English when my German faltered. Throughout our stay she was charming and obliging and made us very welcome. She works incredibly hard to manage all aspect of the hotel. No detail was too small to escape her attention and the hotel runs like clockwork! Our room was lovely. Very clean, large, comfortable, had a balcony and an excellent bathroom. The bed was really comfortable. The breakfast was excellent with a good variety of options. The evening menu was varied, moderate in price and the food really good. There was a good wine list and good beer. Unlike other hotels in Fuschl, Hotel Stefanihof offers food seven days a week and for the whole day both in the restaurant and on the sunny terrace. We enjoyed our few days so much we are planning a longer stay there in 2019.

Enjoyable and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Lake View

Wi-Fi. Despite having code,on our devices no reception upstairs and poor/infrequent downstairs.

Great central location. Comfortable room at a reasonable price. Great breakfast with friendly and efficient waitress. Car parking on premises.

Horrible experience. Never again !!
    • Double Room with Lake View

Everything. The Owner Lady was rude during the check in which spoiled the stay for the whole time. We didn't talk about anything after that. Locker didn't work, no other amenities in the room. Breakfast was very basic. Staff was rude. Kids were afraid to talk to anyone, charged extra for kids below 6.

Big parking

Nothing luxury but clean, with a parking and breakfast was ok.
    • Double Room with Lake View

The host was very cold. Hardly greeting or give information. Not a bad person but very cold. It is a pity because the rest is nice.

The cleaness of the room/bathroom. We had a balcony with a view on the lake.

Lovely location by the lake.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Lake View

The owner was incredibly rude and snarky about me to other guests when she thought I didn't understand German. The rest of the staff were lovely though. Furniture and decoration is quite outdated, room smelt a bit musty.

Lovely location by the lake.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Don't stay there .....

Oooooooh ... They were really arrogant , not helpful and rude . From the first moment the receptionist was arrogant and did not even offer to help me with my luggage as normal attitude and because there's no elevator and I was in the second floor. He asked me to pay my bill even before I entered my room and I told him may be after I enter my luggage at least. They were not helpful while i'm asking about activities in the around area. Also reception is not wotking after 9 I think I was asking for turning on the heater or another blanket and was waiting at the reception and the stuff saw me and keep me waiting till old lady ( I think the owner ) was tough and told me reception is not working now so I told her what i want and here answer was that this is summer of course it's not working so I asked her for another blanket ( as the room did not contain second one :/) she told me to take it by myself from the baby beds beside my room in the same floor. The breakfast was not good at all and starts at 8 am :/ ... Room is old fashioned. I'll return to the area as it's really beautiful but definitely not this hotel ever never ... I hope this attitude was not because I'm muslim and not white like most if people there.

It's the second line from the lake and I can see the mountains from my room but some houses in between.

Very good

Attitude and poor english

Location is s perfect

They're just that good!
    • Double Room with Lake View

Rosewitha is an amazing hotel host and the place has a very local-charm to it. Right near the lake and fabulous views of the surrounding mountains.

In general a good Hotel but costs more to have lake view
    • Small Double Room with Balcony and Mountain View

No help to take luggage to 2nd floor

Very good breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The staff was beyond friendly!

The staff was beyond friendly!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Not recommendable

Grumpy and rude owners. Old hotel and furniture. Didn't feel at home or comfortable once the entire stay.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Really enjoyable and relaxing stay

Country atmosphere Hotel

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Don't bother staying here.

The owner and his wife was rude.There are better places to stay, avoid at all cost.

It's close to a big lake and it has wifi.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2015

1,The stuffs are quite friendly, even if some of them...

1,The floor of the bathroom is a little slippy. 2,The sign of the parking place is not clear enough, especially in the dark night. We parked our car into the parking place of the hotel on the opposite.

1,The stuffs are quite friendly, even if some of them don't speak English. 2,The breakfast is good, especially the freshly made coffee. 3,The facilities in the room are good.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

The location of the hotel is really nice and the view on the...

The location of the hotel is really nice and the view on the mountains and the lake beautiful. The rooms are clean and tidy. WIFi is working fine.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Great breakfast!

Great breakfast! Located in a very beautiful area. Staff and facilities were very warm and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

Clean but very outdated

Clean but very outdated

There are also 6 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.