Reviews of Hotel Schild 4 stars

Neustift am Walde 97-99, 19. Döbling, 1190 Vienna, Austria

#246 of 327 hotels in Vienna

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Great place in the suburbs and hills
    • Classic Room

Just minor issues the hotel also has to cope with: it’s not close to the centre of town, in case this is of importance, and the street in front of the hotel suffers from the poor quality of Vienna‘s drivers. Parking is an issue -you have to park in the neighborhood. It’s free of charge but somewhat of a hassle to find a free slot.

The quietness of the room, the room’s standard and the somewhat former and therefore very lovable grandeur of the place guarantee a pleasant stay. The beds are awesome and play their part in a good nights‘ rest. The surrounding wineries are a great place for meals and recreation. Breakfast was everything needed and of a good quality.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Hm...
    • Classic Room

Dirty carpet, chandeliers, ... the furniture is falling apart, the room was crowded. The only bright thing in the room is decent bathroom. This should be 1 star hotel.

Hm... OK bathroom.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

A dated hotel with a star too much in a good location and nice staff
    • Premium Room

The rooms are very very dated, damaged, systematically not cleaned well for a long time, spots on furniture, smells "old". It all seems to be left to fall apart for some time. Not a 4 star worthy, it looks like the minimum is installed to get the 4 star rating but the staff is not the blame, they do their job very well.

Breakfast was very good and seemed freshly made every day. Staff was friendly and helpful throughout the stay, although there is free parking on the road...it seemed quite busy and hard to get a parking space

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Friendly and comfortable
    • Classic Room

Very friendly and helpful staff, very clean property, nice breakfast, rear garden to chill out, easy on street parking. It isnt central Vienna, but you can get there by bus within 15-20 minutes. Several nice and reasonably priced restaurants nearby. Definitely will return here when next time in Wien.

Decent value for the money
    • Classic Room

The hotel is located in a really busy area (or at least while i was there) and while staying there there was one nasty accident in the vecinity of the hotel, so if you re coming with children, be cautious! The bed was not confortable at all.

The staff was really friendly, helpful and gave me some money saving tips (including the parking). It has a pleasant garden where you can drink a glass of wine in the evening or just bask in the sun and if you get a room with a garden view you'll get extra points for relaxation. The breakfast was good but if you're a vegan or a vegetarian, well, you're kinda limited

Great, relaxing, quite, quality sleep
    • Classic Room

More facilities in the room!

It is located in a quiet area in the countryside, outside the busy city life. Great landscapes and restaurants all around.

Great size of room and bath room
    • Classic Room

The shower with the curtain is terrible. When you take shower the curtain is touching your body !!!! The hotel management should charge this ASAP

Great size of room and bath room

I not recommend
    • Classic Room

Air condition didn't work at all. It was really hot in the room but on the corridor was ok- cool. I reported to hotel staff twice, without result. Even though during the evening I was told that only I complain!!! Surprisingly, next day morning it turned out there was an issue on whole 4th floor:(

Reasonably priced hotel for 1-2 nights stay, does not meet expectations of 4 stars hotel though
    • Classic Room

Although in general of good quality, the hotel seems a little run down, broken chairs and tables in the garden, staff with ironic smirks on their faces, though helpful. Breakfast OK, but did not like the coffee there - may be just a personal taste, did not like the croissants frozen and heated up in microwave(?). Did not like their policy of not changing towels every day. And, although in very pittoresque setting - the hotel is situated pretty far away from the centre, even if Bus stop at the hotel.

A/C working perfectly, clean rooms and TV working (important with World Cup), easy access to the garden, charming area for walking.

Agreeable and easy going
    • Classic Room

Breakfast - the first day (I arrived on time) there was nobody there and so I had to search for the coffee machine which was situated behind the counter. There was no butter left and not much bread choice. There was a bit of confusion when I asked for a taxi at 4 am the night before I left - all the other reception staff had told me I could leave it till then but the member of staff on that afternoon said she needed at least 3 days notice and that as for a wake up call there was a new man on reception and he might forget. Fortunately, she was wrong.

The 24 hour desk, most staff were very friendly and helpful. A lovely large room and a lovely large bed and some comfortable chairs. The bathroom had a separate shower. Situated in a pleasant village and near to a bus stop which has regular services into Vienna.

NOT a 4 star hotel, 2 star at best STAY AWAY
    • Classic Room

absolutely not a 4 star hotel, 2 star at best furniture old and tired bugs and cockroaches in the room not very clean staff was rude and barely understood basic English

The private garden and that's pretty much it

The hotel is located in the quiet neighborhood on the...
    • Classic Room

The hotel is located in the quiet neighborhood on the outskirts of Vienna, so I would say that you need a car to get there. Everything else was good - nothing to complain about

Was a perfect place for me to rest up, but about 45 minutes from city center.
    • Classic Room

If you want to be near the action, this is not the place to stay. 24/7 restaurant is a stretch. Front desk staff put cold cuts on a plate, or heat a frozen pizza. Better to go to grocery and provide for yourself.

Very nice staff and lovely little superb outside of the big and busy city center.

When I check-in late at night, there was an agressive staff...
    • Classic Room

When I check-in late at night, there was an agressive staff who IGNORES all the terms and conditons with bookings.com, and who didn't even know the details of transactions and treated a client in a very agressive way. Even though I already paid for breakfast and hotel online, the check-in took me more than 40 minutes late at night, because he wanted me to agree his NEW terms and conditons. On top of that, the room didn't have all decribed at the list. Truly disappointed experience. But that was only him. Another manger I met in the morning, was very nice.

They have changed my room after i found out that window in...

Frozen pizza for 6 euros, payment by card can be done only over 10 euros

They have changed my room after i found out that window in bathroom does not work. Good breakfast good service :)

Nice quiet hotel for a short stay in Vienna
    • Premium Room

A very nice quality hotel for a short stay in Vienna. Good value for money. It is not centrally located, but it was absolutely fine with us, as we travelled with little kids and needed a decently sized room, good parking facilities and a pleasant restaurant with good breakfasts. We got it all at the Schild hotel. If it were spring time we would even be able enjoy some time in the open air in a nice terrace. Well, another time then;)

so comfortable and clean room with reasonable price!
    • Classic Room

way far from the city center but it didnt matter for me

so comfortable and clean room with reasonable price! they gave me the room with bacony even I paid just 39 euro per night!

The property is a bit old, but has its charm.
    • Classic Room

The furniture is old and the parking is inexistent. I had to search for a parking spot about 10 min because the street is very circulated.

The property is a bit old, but has its charm. Bathroom is great, very spacious and it has all the facilities you need. The room also is very large, with a big big bed and I had a room with street view. The wifi also is great.

No parking available and it's difficult to find parking...
    • Classic Room

No parking available and it's difficult to find parking even within the 1km distance from the facility. Very small rooms, worn out furniture/beds. No wifi.

Breakfast.
    • Classic Room

Cleannes of the room - bedroom was not dusted before and during our stay., and room built under the roof, only for tiny people - you bang your head all the time.

Breakfast.

Perfect night at the Vienna vineyard
    • Classic Room

The number of staff. The evening front desk also serves as the barista and the bartender, whereas the morning shift is also a chef and bouncer. Perhaps it was still holiday?

I believe we were upgraded to a better room. Judging from breakfast the hotel was not crowded so I assume they just upgrade when there are room available so try going when less crowded? Anyways the room was MAJESTIC. We had a view of the Wien vineyards over the mountains. The room itself and the furniture were definitely not new but very classy and comfortable. The bathroom was gigantic and even has a bidet (I had to google that word). The staff were very helpful and provided all the help one would need. The bar serves premium wine from the region and was very reasonably priced. Breakfast was even better, as most of the food provided seemed to be freshly made, including juice and jam. Try the grape juice if available. I definitely feel that I received more than what I paid for.

• Classic Room

Bad wi-fi connection, so since I was there for a business trip I would need a smooth connection to come back there for the same reason. There were no towels for a child (3y old) - I know the stay is free, but he would need some basic things too ;)

Nice staff, good breakfast, big room.

Hotel in the vinyards
    • Classic Room

When we stay at the Hotel Schild we never sign up for breakfasts, because we have to leave so early every morning for work. For some reason (either my fault or the booking.com site) we were signed up and had paid for all the breakfasts, even though we couldn't be there. We asked if we could have a coupon that we could come back on another day and enjoy the breakfasts we had paid for and we were told no. The reason given was that we had booked through booking.com, and the hotel had to pay such high taxes to the company, that they couldn't give us any coupons. The breakfasts aren't cheap and we had paid for six, so we were disappointed with this reply. Whether this is a complaint to the hotel or to booking.com, I am not sure.

We stay at the Hotel Schild two to three times a year and are always very happy with the hotel. Clean, friendly, spacious and quiet.

Nice hotel with an excellent breakfast.
    • Classic Room

Regarding the location - we chose it to experience the wine country of Vienna. However, there was not much to visit within walking distance of the hotel. The front desk staff was not knowledgeable about options for a wine tasting tour.

Excellent breakfast! Comfortable, clean room.

Not at all family friendly.
    • Classic Room

Children from two years onwards must pay the breakfast in full, which I consider very unfair (15€per person). Old furniture. In my room was smelling like a lot of chemicals, very bad smell. I personally would rate the hotel with 3 stars but not 4. It needs a renovation.

It was cheap compared to other hotels in Vienna.

A bit boring really
    • Classic Room

The rooms are dated, dirty and lack the basic items such as kettle and fridge. There was no do not disturb sign to display and restaurant seems to be closed most of the time.

The old lady serving breakfast Mon to Fri is an absolute star. She works very hard and gives an amazing service. That's the only thing we like about the hotel apartment from a nice location.

The parking is simple.
    • Classic Room

This isn't 4 star hotel. The picture in Internet is not what you see there.

The parking is simple. You don't need to apply each time to the reception.

Lovely location and staff!
    • Classic Room

We were right at the top of the building and the Internet wasn't the best but it was ok.

Lovely area... The surrounding area was what made this stay so much better than I expected. It's literally in grape vines and there are cute Austrian restraints nearby. The staff were lovely too!!!

Worst stay ever in a hotel in 20+ years. STAY AWAY!
    • Premium Room

WI-FI Internet did't work for most of our stay, despite being announced several times. Espresso machine broken (4 days+), and GOD, do I hate bad coffee ... Restaurant is actually a bar with not even snacks. Poor breakfast, no real options, and smallest portions possible, it made you feel like leaving the other guest starving after you. No bathrobes, shower caps nor slippers in the bathroom. At maximum on a good day it should be an average 3 stars hotel at half the price requested. Racist staff, as other guests confirmed before.

What we loved the most was that the stay ended after 5 days. We tried to cancel the last night - being overwhelmed by the experience - but the personnel "kindly" let us know that we can't cancel, even with a 24hrs notice. On their behalf, they did offer us the alternative to leave while still being charged for the last night, so I guess it wasn't kidnapping after all ...

Lovely old building with nice outside seating.
    • Classic Room

Lovely old building with nice outside seating. Staff had great english and were really nice and helpful. About 20 seconds from the bus stop in a lovely area.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

the hotel is in a quiet area.
    • Classic Room

the bathroom look a bit old. from train station it took me more than 30 minutes to arrive to the hotel. it is a bit far from downtown.

the hotel is in a quiet area. easy to arrive by bus. staff very helpful. I didn't try the breakfast so I can say anything.

Good location for the visitors who like to see vineries and...
    • Classic Room

Good location for the visitors who like to see vineries and taste local food and vine in the restaurants opposite to the hotel. Far away from the Centrum but bus stop is very closed and has good communication.

Recommended hotel

Everything was fine!

We liked everything. It was very pleasant stay. We will wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to the others and will definitely stay again here next time we are in Wiene.

Great suburban hotel.
    • Classic Room

No secure parking, only in the street. But Vienna very safe.

It was where we wanted to be but far from the centre. Very quiet at night. Good breakfasts Great small hotel

It has a good air conditioner, but will never stay here again. I do not recommend the hotel at all.
    • Classic Room

We reserved 2 days through the internet and since it was so hot we decided to stay 2 extra days when we arrived. After one night because the bed was so bad that we decided to leave and ask if we could get a refund on at least 2 nights, the breakfast (we paid 15 euros each for 4 mornings) and our pet fee (15 euros a night). We were willing to pay for two nights with all the extras. They would not refund anything even though we had not eaten the food and only one night....very poor customer service.

One of the receptionist was very nice.

Friendly straff.
    • Classic Room

No hot water when we wanted to shower by night. Could have been a temporary problem. Bad WIFI

Friendly straff. The rooms were ok. About 20 min by car to the city center.

Remote but Fancy
    • Classic Room

We thought breakfast was included in the price, but it was not, which was understandable because it was such a good price. We also lost wifi on our floor for the night. It was tough to find a casual place to eat dinner. Other than that, the room and bathroom were very nice and the room actually had a queen bed!!!

The room and bathroom were fancy.

Good service for the price, clean room, breakfast...
    • Classic Room

No parking available, as the hotel selection was made taking this into consideration. However the hotel offered a parking place with a fee (15 Eur) which was not previously announced. Reservation was completed for one night via Booking.com app. Taking this into account I would say that the room rate was rather pricey (69 Eur/night).

Good service for the price, clean room, breakfast variety/ fresh ingredients.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

If I was in the area, I would definitely go back!
    • Classic Room

The pillows were very flat - almost like you didn't have one and beds are very firm.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very nicely decorated and in a good location with restaurants within walking distance. The parking garage was very safe and convenient and the breakfast was good. Nice hot shower too!

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Fine breakfast, quiet nights, nice, good equiped rooms.
    • Classic Room

Weekday mornings the traffic is huge towards the city center. Size of blanket: approx. 30% smaller than a regular blanket.

Fine breakfast, quiet nights, nice, good equiped rooms. Roomy bath.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Helpful staff at both reception and breakfast.
    • Classic Room

Shower towel could have been a little larger but ok.

Helpful staff at both reception and breakfast. Ample breakfast. Location close to a number of traditional restaurants. Very clean: good bathroom facilities: spacious bed-room Wi-fi was fine. BBC World one of the 15 channels

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Sound isolation in room is rather poor, unfortunately...
    • Classic Room

Sound isolation in room is rather poor, unfortunately children's playground was closed (from of October till April), and we have two small kids; location is quite far from main destination points; no private parking, only on the free places on the street; furniture, room and the whole hotel in reality looks older than on the pictures.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Toilet without fan.
    • Classic Room

Toilet without fan. Internet connection is very bad on the top floor.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Nice
    • Premium Room

Everything was perfect.....breakfast delicious.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Clean and good design

Clean and good design

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Good place to stay to explore the "Wiener Weingebiet".
    • Classic Room

Little old fashioned design.

Great location for "Heuriger"-Programs.

Extremelly bad pillow!

Extremelly bad pillow!!!!

Very good for a short stay.
    • Classic Room

everything was ok for us.

Location is great, quiet region, rooms were clean but not the modernst one.

Good for short stay - as starting point for city sightseeing...
    • Classic Room

Good for short stay - as starting point for city sightseeing or stop during travel Quiet location

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Quiet and safe location
    • Classic Room

Renovation for rooms is needed.

Safe location, friendly personnel!

Hotel Schild

Mould in the bathroom

Climate, breakfast, very comfortable bed and perfect pillow.

Nice, spacious and clean rooms.
    • Classic Room

Not much liked parking for extra €15, and deposit €30 for minibar.

Nice, spacious and clean rooms.

Everything 11/10.
    • Apartment

Everything 11/10. Excellent place.

Recomend it
    • Apartment

Beautiful peaceful location. Nice huge 2 room apt for 5 people.

Nice and relaxed
    • Classic Room

Excelent little family hotel in the outskirts of Viena. Surounded by nature and very comfortable rooms.Peacefull and friendly staff

Clean
    • Classic Room

No parking and no breackfast

Clean

No parking.
    • Classic Room

No parking. Too expensive parking place. Not nice staff. Asked for a room a the ground floor and received one at the last floor..in the atick

Excellent value for the money.
    • Classic Room

Check in is at 14:00. They did not show any flexibility into letting me in the room at 13:15.

Excellent value for the money.

Great location Great breakfast Lovely room Peace and quiet !!! Thank you 💞😻🇦🇺

Good for transit.

Friendly staff.

Great location in the 18th district.
    • Apartment

Parking is difficult in this area.

Great location in the 18th district. The staff are great and the rooms very comfortable.

Will stay again here!

everything was goog

Great beds

Nice staff and a very nice breakfast.
    • Classic Room

Can’t think of any negatives

Nice staff and a very nice breakfast. Great location to a lovely part of Vienna

I had a good stay
    • Classic Room

Pillows - one one that was too soft. Made sleeping difficult

Loved the location

Hotel has 4 stars which clearly was not supported by the...
    • Classic Room

Hotel has 4 stars which clearly was not supported by the current status of the property.

Sympathy area with green around.

Soundproof is bad!

Sympathy area with green around.

Room and staff were nice.
    • Classic Room

Breakfast table was a little empty when we arrived.

Room and staff were nice.

excellent
    • Classic Room

Bigger than average other hotel rooms cooperative receptionist

We were lucky to get the last minute deal in this hotel! It was very affordable and high quality.
    • Classic Room

Great staff, close to the center (15 mins by uber and only 10€), very comfortable bed and amazing bathtoom.

Not great but ok
    • Classic Room

The way the room looked. A little old-ish.

The water was very hot and the bed was comfortable. Also, a great choice in lamps!

clean

expensinve breakfast - 15eur/person

clean

Some rooms are not expensive

old stuff in room

Some rooms are not expensive

Best stay in Viena :)
    • Classic Room

Nice room, clean both room and bathroom, working WIFI, best are the shower and bath and perfectly working air conditioning. Thank You