Reviews of Imperial Riding School Renaissance Vienna Hotel 4 stars

Ungargasse 60, 03. Landstraße, 1030 Vienna, Austria

#216 of 316 hotels in Vienna

• Imperial Club Double Room with access to the Club Lounge

Check in took too long, not sure why they do all kind of creditcard checks. The other hotels we visited dont do this. Vip lounge was overcrowded, often no place to sit halfway the morning and start of evening. Offered food was too less, refills too slow. Choice of refreshments was less then the years before, room price was higher. Diner in restaurant very expensive. We have doubts if we will come back to this hotel or choose another.

Room was clean

• Double or Twin Room

Room was dated there was no tea coffee making facility's in the room, there was no dressing gown or slippers with very little bathroom products. Very noisy in corridors when room service going to other rooms during day and night.

The location was good as close to the CAT from the airport and an easy walk into the centre. Some local shops and restaurants close by.

• Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness in general. All the Windows needed a good cleaning. The rooms are not well made up, the chambermaids have too much work and not enough time to do it. The Wifi didn't work well at all. The gardens were in need of doing and the paint work too.

The breakfast was quite good, there was a good variety of everything and the waiters and waitresses were helpful. The hotel is quite near the centre and very well communicated by bus, tran and train. It is about twenty minutes on foot to the most important sights and Belveder Palace is about five minutes walking from the hotel and well worth a visit. If you are flying to Vienna you can take the train directly from the airport to the hotel for about 2 Euros. The train stops just behind the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Windows did not open so I had to use the air con, which made a constant noise, especially annoying during the night

Friendly welcoming staff Excellent breakfasts I requested a quiet, non smoking room, and I was allocated such a room, so many thanks.

• Double or Twin Room

Steak Tartare/Location/ Taxi service/ reception area and the staff were nice and helpful.

The room was adequate I suppose but the bathroom was not suitable for slightly disabled or elderly persons There were no facilities in the hotel for a proper fixed shower. confirmed by the reception desk Only combined with Bath. Standing to use the shower was difficult The only safety rail was for getting in and out of the bath not for standing in the shower-- not any good if you are not able to use the bath only the shower. For a hotel with that number of rooms this was not to the standard I expected.. Also we ordered a Wiener schnitzel as you would in Vienna and it was poor quality. Disappointed. I think it was not freshly cooked or was over cooked. Other food , steak tartare was excellent

• Imperial Club Double Room with access to the Club Lounge

Use of pool etc was of no value. Situated across the road/lane from the club section which made it awkward to access. Also it was risibly small with poor and dated facilities. Using this as a draw to sell the imperial club at a premium is downright misleading, although other features of the club were quite good.

Good big comfortable rooms in the Imperial club section. Beds were particularly comfortable. Facilities in the club section were very convenient.

• Double or Twin Room

The room itself did not have air conditioning. The garden/swimming area was not as 4* standard as the images showed. I think generally this hotel must be very old and the images have not quite been updated.

We got upgraded to the private lounge area and that was nice and comfortable. It was convenient that they had all day dishes/snacks for us through the day.

• Double or Twin Room

Pool and changing rooms were a bit cramped

We went for a treat for my son, 7 y.o. They treated him like a prince. He loved the pool, breakfast and the lovely bed

• Double or Twin Room

Connecting to Room WIFI was difficult that was I tried to add daily plan, late evening - added "1 hour" plan without any problems.

Very good facilities, helpful checkin desk staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Charging for internet unless you joined renaissance rewards scheme .Should have been able to log on automatically.

Location .Good transport system to rest of city .

• Double or Twin Room

It was written that the property has free wifi, but unfortunately it has it only in public areas and not in rooms, which is chargeable.

Good breakfast and nice hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

It cost 14$ for a bottle of water at breakfast - crazy!

Unique history of the building, clean and comfortable room, and has a decent fitness room and pool. Great value, except for

• Double or Twin Room

Distance from main station and expected more local bars & restaurants.

Hotel was lovely comfortable and very accessible to city centre. Excellent breakfast and city garden looked magnificent for the summer months.

• Double or Twin Room

The wallpaper was peeling off in quite a few places and paint at the back of the bathroom needs to be repainted. Room looks tired and worn. Woken at 2.30AM by drunken gests talking very loud and banging doors.

Good breakfast with plenty of choices. Clean and comfortable bed.

• Double or Twin Room

My room was on "Club Floor" - still no free Wi-Fi in the room... As a matter of fact, I cannot recall a single hotel in Europe, N. America or in Asia of the same price category where free Wi-Fi was not available!

I have stayed in this hotel a dozen of times during the last 4 years and posted a few reports. There is nothing to add: this hotel is stabile in both good aspects (like, an excellent swimming pool) and in bad aspects (like, no free Wi-Fi -- see negative comment above)

Going home.

Professional, kind, knowledgeable staff at Reception, Bar, Restaurant, Chambermaids, all of them really. The Breakfast was unbelievably good - fantastic selection of savoury and sweet meals, and fruit. Central location, great facilities.

• Double or Twin Room

Would have liked a kettle in the room. Pools a bit cold but nice.

Good location. Close to train. Handy Lidl and bakery/subway shop nearby. Not far to walk into central Vienna

• Junior Suite with access to the Club Lounge

Wi-fi is 14.5 EUR per day -- somehow strange policy to charge for it in 21st century

Spacious room , late check-out (at extra cost). New club lounge with good choice of food and beverages.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed is very comfortable indeed. We stay 3 nights at the hotel. On the first night, April 6, 2018, my husband had a high fever so we called for a doctor visit. The staffs at the front desk that night were very helpful. My husband had dinner at the hotel late that night. Christine Schwarz and Nicolas Luck who took care of his meal recognized that we did not have a good day that day. They shew us their care and gave us treats from the house to comfort us. It was a touching moment for me knowing that someone far away from home would care and recognized our problem at the time. Such good care is not easy to find this day. I would like to thank the personnel at the restaurant ant front desk that night for they extra care for us. It would be better if other hotel staffs are as good.

• Double or Twin Room

Did not know they had a pool, never brought shorts, also no mention on websit(that I could see) hey ho never mind great stay.

expensive breakfast, room was big and clean.Staff very friendly, would definitely recommend to friends.

• Double or Twin Room

Being charged for WiFi especially when if did not work, I questioned this when settling my account but still told I had to pay it. Picture of pool was deceptive, it’s small. No staff on hand to issue towels.

It’s close to the 71 tram route that is 3 stops from the city.

• Double or Twin Room

No real heating in the bathroom. A strange installation of an infrared heater that had created burn marks on the wooden bathroom door felt very strange for a 4 star hotel.

Fantastic bed, fantastic location, fantastic breakfast, the crew was great!

• Double or Twin Room

I am a Marriot member - so wifi was free; but wifi should be free for everyone in every room for a hotel of this size and 'name' (Marriot/Renaissance); Sauna/steam room area could be modernised a little bit more.

Excellent breakfast, excellent swimming pool (good temperature and size), adequate gym, sauna/steam room but could be nicer/more modern

• Double or Twin Room

Generally older property, in particular the “heatlh club” is very outdated; extra charge for wifi(!).

Nice and spacious room, good location, excellent breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast room's interior was very tired, with stuffing coming out of the seats. There were no coffee and tea facilities in the bedrooms. It was not possible to watch English tv without spending an extra 25 euros. Wifi should be free and available to all guests. We are part of the reward scheme so got it in the end, but that seems ridiculous. The changing facilities in the swimming pool are very tight.

The breakfast was excellent as was the food in the dining room, although quite expensive.

• Double or Twin Room

Had to pay for internet connection (20 euro per day). Initially, I planned to stay for 2 nights only, so paid for the Internet connection for 2 days (I purchased 2 days of internet in the evening, shortly after checking in). On my second day, I decided to extend my stay for one more day (to finish all my business meetings). But when I got into my room on my second day at about noon, I couldn't get connected (apparently the service I paid for expired, even though it should have been working until evening). When I returned after lunch, my card key wasn't working either (even though I was assured by the staff the day before that they took care of that). Additionally, the "do not disturb" sign on my door was ignored and the staff entered my room while I was gone.

Nice clean rooms and a really comfy bed. Also liked your cosmetic products in the bathroom.

• Imperial Club Double Room with access to the Club Lounge

Think the Spa would benefit from a little investment as it seemed tired. There is no need for the refreshment area in the Spa, which seems fairy outdated. The Hotel heating was too hot for me, so I kept my room window open when possible. Also too hot in the club lounge.

The range of refreshments in the Imperial Lounge were excellent with very helpful staff. Beds were extremely comfy and the room size was larger than expected with every detail catered for.

• Imperial Club Double Room with access to the Club Lounge

I have been going to this hotel for nearly 10 years now. Each time I pay for the Club class upgrade. However, this time very dissatisfied.... I made two separate bookings covering 5 days,,,, receptionist refused to join the two (consecutive) reservations together which meant I had to check out half way through and then immediately check back in for the remainder of my reservation. So much for club class attention and customer service. Breakfast has gone downhill severely.... certainly not worth the €30 they are asking. The chef was so miserable and although he understood English.... over 5 days he never smiled once. The Receptionist upon arrival was very unwelcoming and was so miserable that I really wanted to turn round...exit and find another hotel. But after speaking to the manager.. he apologised and then spoke to the staff member. But the Receptionist continued to be miserable throughout my 5 days stay at the hotel. It’s not going to be long before this hotel (due to some staffs attitude) becomes a 3 star hotel. It is only JUST a 4 star at the moment. After leaving the hotel,,,,, I realised that they had blocked my credit card twice for the same room reservation and I had to email them to unblock my card. I will not stay here again. It is now an expensive hotel on the outskirts of Vienna. There are much better 4 star hotels (and some 5 star) in the city centre which are cheaper and offer much better value for money. 10 years of regular use of this hotel and not once have they ever offered an upgrade nor reward Genius users of Booking.com. It was good 10 years ago.... not anymore.

Clean hotel and right next to S bahn. 10 minutes to centre. Friendly bar staff.

• Double or Twin Room

As I am extra sensitive for any noises, heating/air condition was a bit noisy for me and outside traffic could also be heard but my sister had a perfect sleep. Wifi was not free of charge and breakfast was very expensive therefore we preferred to have it in a nearby restaurant which was half the price.

Nice, large, clean rooms and beds, great black out curtains, beautiful lobby and thanks to soundproofing no noise could be heard from neighbouring rooms at all.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel location is wonderful, close to the center, transportation and cafes. The crew is very friendly and understanding. We like its facilities and also the congress room. The food was great, fresh and tasety. We recommand this hotel as for private vecation or business/congress place.o

• Double or Twin Room

Room was not very well isolated from noise so we could hear the noise of the traffic from our room but it was OK overall. Expensive breakfast (28 euros per person) so we did not take it, but instead went to cafe next to the hotel

Hotel short walking distance from beautiful Orthodox church and from the Belvedere, and we could even walk (20-30 min) to anywhere within city center. and if you don't want to walk you can take trams that are close to the hotel.

• Imperial Club Double Room with access to the Club Lounge

Our room had broken thermostat and was extremely hot. We had to sleep with open windows which caused a lot of noise and cigaret smell coming inside. At the breakfast I picked up a fork that was dirty and a dirty glass on a different occasion.

The hotel and staff were nice

• Double or Twin Room

Had to pay extra for WiFi and breakfast, too expensive. Only had 9 tv channels, they wanted 25 euros to add cable channels and 5 euros an hour for WiFi but they did offerings anduscount business package of 40 euros for breakfast and WiFi

Quiet area, close to tram station and train main station. Nice staff, helpful. Lounge and bar tenders friendly and helpful. Breakfast had good choices.

• Double or Twin Room

1. Bad sleeping quality due to loud noises from the cleaning staffs and street. From 6am on, the cleaning lady was laughing and chatting extremely loudly right in front of my door. The staffs kept chatting in the corridor for 3 hours till 9 am until I knocked the door and tell them to be quiet. Didn't expect this kind of unprofessional service from a four star hotel. 2. Strong smoking/cigarette smell in the lobby all the time, thanks to all the smokers that smoke right in front of the main entrance. The cigarette smell is so strong that it made us cough and felt sick. We suggest that the hotel arrange a smoking room in a confined space so that the smell will not disturb other guests so much. 3. Very loud (disco/night club?) music in the lobby during the evening.

Buffet is good. The conference rooms reserved for our company event is comfortable and well arranged. Delicious snakes and drinks are well prepared during the meetings. The dining atmosphere is also very pleasant.

• Imperial Club Double Room with access to the Club Lounge

Gastrointestinal intoxication of the whole family after first visit at the bar (lounge bar in the "better" section of the hotel). Very untastefull meals at the restaurant. We gave 2 chances for the restaurant - could not finish even 10% of the meal. Restaruant generally almost empty all the time - that says something.

Friendly Staff.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast price too high (28 EUR), swimming pool air temperature too low (around 20°), swimming pool area not large enough (difficult to walk between deckchairs and pool).

Nice 4-star hotel in Vienna neighbourhood, friendly staff, comfortable lobby and bar, tasteful restaurant, excellent breakfast, handy swimming pool (1.35m deep, 10m long, 4m large), large rooms, excellent bed.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was ridiculous price for what it was, hotel feel a little "tired".......no Tea and Coffee in room but available on request.....housekeeping poor in that the cups and glasses weren't cleaned. Hotel too far from town centre ~ 20mins each way

Bed comfort was excellent....shower pretty good

• Double or Twin Room

going to the spa naked is not appropriate for us, little bit disappointed regarding this, swimming pool frozen!

Super hotel, very comfortable, staff very friendly

• Family Room

That the hotel breakfast was 28€

Very friendly and helpful staff. The family room was perfect for our family of 4. Very spacious. Easy to get to the tram to head downtown. The cleaning staff kept our room very clean and well stocked.

• Double or Twin Room

Pillows were far too soft. Rooms were very hot and stuffy even in storm at the weekend. Price of breakfast

The room was a good size and very peaceful. Reception staff were pleasant

• Double or Twin Room

I didn't realised it when I booked the hotel but for me the hotel was maybe too big. During breakfast time it was a little bit noisy there..... But it was a small thing....

Everything was very good. Yes, the bed was large and very comfy if you suggest it... :-) The breakfasts were really abundant, maybe even too much.. :-) It needed a strong will not to eat too much. There was a nice view of the window.

• Double or Twin Room

- Breakfast is 28€ (!!!) without the possibility to pay only for a coffee, - Wifi is so annoying to get working (including a registration to a useless website which almost certainly spam you in the future) that I gave up during the last days. Bandwidth seems quite poor and I managed to connect only one device. - (Minor) We waited for 45 minutes for a simple soup when we arrived. - (Very subjective) Hotel is too big for my taste overall, feels that a soulless place - Toilets were leaking during the last day.

The bed is big and comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

WiFi was an additional charge in the rooms, and to watch standard TV channels was an additional €20 (possibly 25). there is noise from the railway line. Very expensive for what you get.

A nice looking hotel, with comfortable rooms, a good pool, and a great breakfast selection, and able to check in very early.

• Imperial Club Double Room with access to the Club Lounge

Bar in main hotel felt a bit too open to the main foyer.

Great location and we booked an imperial club room which had great facilities including access to the club lounge offering complimentary substantial snacks throughout the afternoon and evening. We took advantage of this by having an early supper before the opera and concert.

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms were completely messed up on arrival! Not once but twice and staff were quite abrupt and rude even though I remained pleasant and polite I felt they could have done more

Beds were really comfy and breakfast good

• Double or Twin Room

No tea/coffee making facilities in room. Not well located in relation to city centre.

Beds comfortable. Air conditioning very quiet. Great massage in health centre.

• Double or Twin Room

Having no free wifi in rooms. I think at the price we paid wifi could have been included Breakfast was extremely expensive- ok if you are on expenses but not ok for tourists.

Reception staff very approachable and helpful

• Imperial Club Double Room with access to the Club Lounge

Room cleanliness - we had to file an official complaint before the room was properly clean. Housekeeping staff did not seamed to be trained properly to handle standard service. The room was vacuumed only after 4 days. Also, cleaning of Public Lounge was done during snack time service in the afternoon (14:00-16:00) which interferes with guests trying to enjoy the facilities and also offers high risk of having the dust raising over the food being displayed on the buffet. This service should have been completed or scheduled earlier. I could not add a cash deposit towards my room account because of different currency. Even though I have explained to the reception staff (Emily) that I was not taking money from her cash-flow, but giving money to the hotel which could be exchanged and used (they are also taking 5% commission), she only accepted me to given her 200GBP. It's the first time I get to hear that a company will not accept money in cash that they could use right away. Surprisingly, when I spoke with a different staff the following day, I have been advised differently, so that shows a lack of training and customer service from Emily. Upon checking I was advised that Internet is free only in Public areas and in the room I have to pay a fee. However, that was again wrong information received from reception. When checking again about the internet charges a more senior staff at the desk has advised me that the Club Lounge guests have free access in the room too. Food selection for Club Lounge Breakfast and daily Snacks could be improved. Same choice of food was available everyday for breakfast. Also, the buffet area should have better display facilities. The salads on display during evening snack were turning bit sour because there is no cold buffet (with ice, or cooler). The food is displayed for 3 hours so that it is also a potential risk of contamination if not properly kept at cooler temperatures.

Jessica (Bar) and Thomas (Reception) were very helpful handling our requests, both while dining at Arsenal restaurant and handling the complaint made at the desk. Thomas was very knowledgeable and assisted with every inquiry I have raised. He has also sent a personal note with a fruit basket to the room to welcome me and my family upon arrival. The Club Lounge is very nice and having the chance to enjoy a drink and a snack while watching the news or reading the newspaper is very comforting.

• Junior Suite with access to the Club Lounge

A very tiny criticism - it looked like you had to sign up to marriott rewards to use the internet. The sign-up didn't work for any of our group, so we asked at the reception desk, and were told to just select the internet we wanted (advertised as costing 5euros) and it wouldn't be charged. Most hotels just give you a login if their wifi is free, which is far more preferable.

We had a wonderful stay, that far surpassed our expectations! The photos and info on this page do not do the hotel justice! The staff were friendly and helpful; we arrived after their restaurant had shut, so they ordered us pizzas from a local restaurant, and allowed us to eat them with a few drinks at the bar. The rooms and public areas were very clean and comfortable. We stayed in club rooms with access to the club lounge, which was definitely worth the extra money! The lounge has different food available in 4 sittings each day - 1. Breakfast was continental and cooked (scrambled egg, sausages, bacon, hash browns) in a buffet style. 2. Cake (we didn't make it back in time for this) 3. Hot & cold snacks, which you could easily make your dinner if you wanted. They had cold meats, pickles, salads, bread, and hot meals of rice, vegetables and chinese pork on the day we went in for this sitting. 4. Dessert and cheese - excellent selection of small desserts and cheeses. Drinks were served all day, including a coffee machine, soft drinks, beer and sparkling wine. Excellent value! The hotel was in a great location - 10 minute walk from the Belvedere Palace and fountain, and not too far from the centre of Vienna. The hop-on hop-off bus stops at the Belvedere Palace, and is a great way to get around and see all the sites. The facilities were excellent - the pool and sunbathing lawn were wonderful after a long day sight-seeing. We would definitely stay here again.

• Double or Twin Room

there was free wi fi but we needed to reconnect hourly

the bed was extra comfy indeed, quiet room , clean bathroom, food- really good, polite and helpful staff, overall a pleasant experience

• Double or Twin Room

No Electric cattle provided in the room, unless requested. They did provide it free of charge when it was requested. The wheelchair was provided as requested for my dad, but it's arm rest was broken and hence it was not usable outside the hotel. There was no free Wi-Fi in the room. The free Wi-Fi was only available in the foyer. Breakfast was very expensive at €28 per person. also room service was expensive although it was prompt. Air-conditioning in one of the rooms was not very effective and they were unable to fix it.

Interconnected rooms for family were provided.

• Double or Twin Room

Extra bed was € 39 each on top of full room rent Bathroom had half bath-tub cover and caused flooding from shower to bathroom floor. You can see signs of water damage on bathroom door bottom. So, it was common / often occurrence.

• Double or Twin Room

At around 11.45 pm I was asked by one of the room service guys (who is not a concierge staff, that whether I would like to go back to my room or not ! This is ridiculous !!! I paid nearly 200 euros a night and this guy who is more of a front desk assistant asks us whether we want to go back to room ??!!! ) customer service is horrible , this hotel has turned into "airline crews hotel only" no real deal awaits here ! This is probably the only hotel where you have to pay for wifi !???!! This is so annoying !!! They charges hefty amount for wifi and the breakfast doesn't worth 28 euros at all. Very basic breakfast that you can have at 15 euros easily anywhere. I was hugely disappointed at this place and definitely note going to stay again , neither will recommend to anyone. Cust

Stayed here thrice , this was the third time , the only good thing is location , don't even bother about guest service here ! It just doesn't exist !

• Junior Suite with access to the Club Lounge

Slow Check In. Wifi not free! Pool / spa area felt cramped and dated. No tea/coffee facilities in the room. Dirty plates left outside rooms all day. Small, slow, old fashioned TV in the room. Noisy air conditioning. Expensive parking. "Inclusive Minibar" was not re-stocked despite complaining. Imperial Club is OK but very limited choice.

Large room with a very comfortable bed. The location, whilst not in the centre is still within walking distance and directly next to the S bahn station. Close to the Belvedere Palace and Salm Breau restaurant (recommended!)

• Double or Twin Room

This is the only real negative - the bedrooms need redecorating ours had wallpaper peeling off the walls in several places and so did some of the rooms for other members of our party.

The public areas of the hotel are excellent. There is an inside restaurant and also an outdoor eating and drinking area. There is an indoor pool and a garden area for sunbathing. There is also a sauna, steam room and gym which are all free for hotel guests. We found all staff to be very customer focused.

• Double or Twin Room

We did not have Wifi access - but when we asked Staff was very helpful and sorted our Wifi by joining us to the Marriott reward scheme which was free.

Our stay in Vienna was enhanced by staying at this hotel. It had everything we were looking for. In spite of temperatures over 30C, the air conditioning made the room pleasant in an instant. We were on the 6th floor and did not get disturbed with any noises - could barely make out the tram that passed beside the hotel. The king size bed was divine - the fittings luxurious. The minibar was useful to cool our own drinks and fruit. Top marks for the pool which was the highlight at the end of a hot day in town. Although small (11 metres long) it was never too full as people took their turn. There were ample loungers around the pool and also in the large garden - together with tables and chairs and parasols. The poolside staff catered to all your needs and delivered drinks and coffee & cake (which was only 4.80 EURO- very reasonable). On the other side of the hotel the garden was used as an extension of the restaurant - we were able to breakfast outdoor under the trees - a great pleasure - or in the conservatory. Breakfast was on until 11am every day which allowed me to go for a leisurely swim first. At night there was entertainment in their City Garden once or twice a week. Our favourite hang-out at night was the Salm Brau Microbrewery right beside the entrance to the Belvedere Gardens - about 5 mins from the Hotel. Their rustic courtyard restaurant was always busy and they served food until 11pm. If busy there is always room indoor as we found out when we were looking for a bite to eat after a late concert one night . It was very convenient to get to the Hotel - S7 train to Rennweg Station and luckily we took the right exit that brought us up right next door to the Hotel. Trains to and from the Airport are every half hour. We found public transport very well organised - vast underground passes which made it easy to travel across the city.

• Imperial Club Double Room with access to the Club Lounge

The hotel reserves the whole price of the stay on the credit card already during check-in plus 150 eur extra which will be released later but you have to take that into account when booking this hotel. Also, when you stay in the club room you have to take note that a breakfast in the main building is not included in the price. I did not know that, but the hotel did not luckily charge us, as we used it only once.

Club room was very nice and the club lounge with snacks and drinks a very good addition. It was a really good decision to book it, it was worth the higher price. The reception staff is really helpful and polite. Overall a very good customer service experience.

• Junior Suite with access to the Club Lounge

I didn't like that you could only have the business lounge breakfast and not the main one without paying. My room was cleaned ok but details where missed and my mini bar was not replenished 2 days in a row. Asked for an iron from the front desk when it didn't come I rang up and reception was a little rude

I liked the business lounge

The hotel houses airline crews from many airlines and the reception area is too busy to handle them , my point is they also need to concentrate on the other guests ! Front desk staffs are fully occupied with airline crews and no one seem to bother about rest of the guests !!!

The location is good , nice spa facilities and pool

• Double or Twin Room

There was no English speaking films or programmes available,only News programmes,which we found dissapointing.The hotel management of taxis to the airport was nonexistent,we ordered a taxi and the driver said he was for us,he wasn't,and we had to return to the hotel,very annoying.

The staff were friendly and helpful,the room comfortable.location good

• Double or Twin Room

Location of the hotel is not in the very heart of the city, therefore taxi (Uber) or public transportation is a requirement to access other parts of Vienna for those not wanting to take longer walks. The underground parking garage is pricy (EUR 32 per day) compared to other hotels or options. The internet access is complicated to set up (would expect complimentary, hassle-free service nowadays). We haven't really watched television but the screen size and programme quality was below the expectations. Again, electronics & technology would deserve some improvement.

Breakfast quality and selection was beyond expectations and were able to accommodate healthy and not so healthy desires. The room rate was relatively fair to other accommodation options in Vienna. However not in located in the city centre the proximity of the Botanical Gardens and Belvedere offers a great walk and time-off right around the corner. The hotel lobby is offering a nice hang-off place for short time breaks as well as the maintained garden for even sunbathing between visiting attractions.

• Double or Twin Room

My only complaint is the pay wifi. Wifi service should be free, especially at the prices charged by this hotel. The bathroom was clean and spacious, but offered almost no protection from water leaking from the shower, making the floor a swimming pool each time. Why cant hotels just get this one thing right??

Service in the restaurant was excellent, as was the buffet breakfast itself. Very nice, polite and friendly staff. Nice lobby, with a very nice bar and staff.

• Double or Twin Room

No breakfast variation, wrong info at desk, cold food, loud and noisy,, room meet vacuumed not dusted on a week Had to write notes to get clean glasses, toilet paper, 90% ,of the time we poured our own coffee.

The bed

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Prices fairly expensive, very little included, no free wi-fi or TV in rooms, hotel South of main area and neighbourhood not brilliant.

Nice hotel, good sized beds

• Double or Twin Room

the cleaning people were a bit too pushy / check out was at 12 and since 9 am someone came 4-5 times to ask if we are still there...

overall atmosphere, comfortable rooms / beds/ nicely equipped gym

• Double or Twin Room

Dinner menu poor & food very bland. Did not have breakfast as too expensive & not justified as we don't eat too much for breakfast.

Comfortable bed.

• Double or Twin Room

Great location and lovely bar in the garden. Good cocktails in the foyer bar too! Beds were very comfortable and the room a good size. Breakfast not included so went to Chilai just up the road, which has a great range of breakfasts and the coffee is FAB! Chilai open on a Sunday from 8am.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The swimming pool was freezing and very uninviting,we had been looking forward to a relaxing swim in between sightseeing disappointing. The cleaning of the room was very poor. The television came as a "package" (very strange) it did not work and there was no signal therefore no movies!! The music in the main lobby was to loud and intrusive in the reception area difficult to communicate.

The breakfast was gorgeous smoked salmon and a choice of eggs well balanced and very fresh! Staff at reception were helpful for directions.

• Double or Twin Room

Beds could have been more comfortable.

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Nice gym and pool. Lovely host at breakfast! Breakfast is very good, lots of options.

• Double or Twin Room

No tea, coffee or kettle in the room, the air con wasn't the best and the shower was a bit rubbish in the bathroom. Also i felt they are a bit stingy with the free toiletries - silly but i would use the soap in the shower and rather than give us another one for washing our hands they would move it back to the soap dish every day. All very silly little things. All the above didnt really matter. What did upset me was how rude the lady in the swimming pool area was. I asked for a towel and it was a huge inconvenience to her to simply pass me a towel. I didnt dare ask for a robe as well. Also there is a big sign saying remove swimwear in the sauna. THAT IS DISGUSTING!!!!

Size of the room was really good, size of bed was fantastic, room was clean and location was perfect for us. Also they gave us an iron free of charge and showed us how to get free wifi.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Although, if my German understands it, there was a notice in the locker room of the health suite about nudity in the mixed sauna being forbidden, there were still fully naked men hogging the sauna and no one was supervising this although there were two receptionists on duty. This is something which frequently goes on in European hotels and needs to be monitored. At the hotel in Berlin recently this was happening at 4 o clock in the afternoon while women and a 5 year old female child were around, which upset the child. It is selfish behaviour and hotels need to have segregated saunas as they always do in Finland and separate times for using the plunge pools.

The staff are extremely courteous and attentive, the facilities are very good and the ambience and space in the hotel are unique.

• Double or Twin Room

Design beyond the lobby (floors ) less than a 2 stars hotel appearance. specially a very long not ending corridors with very poor design that needs a complete restoration and new design. Broken damaged and not repaired door corners. Used breakfast plateau in front of a guest door...ugliest, most disgusting, not hygienic thing in a hotel Not even a welcoming small bottle of water in the room. Electrical "water heater" in the room but no tea no coffee..... At the lobby: a luxurious shop buying "fur coats" but 2 persons inside playing tric-trac was very chocky to be seen...!!!!!! Taking photos of the beautiful church nearby within the hotel photos just to promote the hotel outside appearence on the internet is not fair at all. Letting guest to write their name, the country origin (on a paper signaling 28 € for breakfast )than to sign-up EVERY MORNING before the breakfast was somewhat offensive , not ethical specially if someone had already booked with a B&B facilities.

Reception personal excellent. Breakfast enjoyable. Lobby architecture good.

• Imperial Club Double Room with access to the Club Lounge

Nothing to add in this section

Fantastic breakfast and Imperial club lounge access was excellent. All staff were so friendly and took time to assist. Our room was in the Imperial club, it was lovely, spotlessly clean, fresh and cosy. We are delighted with our experience, would love to go back.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Some things were a bit outdated like the oldest phones in the room I've seen in a while, a TV that could be a newer model and the ventilation made very strange and loud sounds a couple times which made me wake up during the night. Luckily enough the bed itself was so comfortable that I fell right back to sleep.

The bed was unbelievable! They even have a little pamphlet about it and they weren't wrong, best sleep I've had in a while. Very easy to get to from the station and a beautiful building. Their selection of shampoo, conditioner etc was amazing.

• Double or Twin Room

- well, not having free WiFi in a room is getting old even for 2017. - hotel is clean but a bit dated. You can see mold in the bathroom, windows weren't that clean, some other imperfections here and there. - they completely ignored my booking request on a quiet room as I was traveling for business. A young girl at the reception was even surprised there was any request. She did not attempt to fix it at the spot either. - sauna. they call it a spa and charge extra for it. Old facilities, very small, packed with people, poorly managed (the floor is wet everywhere, there is no one to dry it every once in a while, we spent 3 hours there). Not a Spa, not by today's industry standards. - that unfriendly personnel in the restaurant, wow, even rude sometimes (2 men at the omelet station). They must hate making those eggs for people.

Some things are really great: - location (close to Belvedere), the center is walking distance as well - breakfast (apart from the unfriendly or even hostile chefs on the omelet station), having fresh omelet was great though. - comfortable beds - most of the personnel is helpful (room service, getting a taxi - all is easy)

Browse Imperial Riding School Renaissance Vienna Hotel traveller photo gallery