Reviews of The Ring - Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel 5 stars

Kärntner Ring 8, 01. Innere Stadt, 1010 Vienna, Austria

#53 of 316 hotels in Vienna

Good but i wont stay in the same hotel again
    • Special Room

The hotel is over priced, despite the location, room and facility are very small, more into a motel rather than a 5 star hotel You can get same services and facility in vienna with half the price if location is not a prioity to you

Great location. Terrible beds.

The beds in both our rooms sagged badly, making a good night's sleep nearly impossible. This was the most disappointing Relais & Chateaux property we have stayed in yet.

The location was excellent, close to the Opera, Philharmonic, and walking distance to St. Stephen's and Demel.

I went for the location, I'll return for the luxury and great staff!
    • Special Room

I booked The Ring for its location, which is PERFECT. The price was very affordable, especially given its location (across the street from State Opera house). The hotel itself is even nicer than it looks in the photos. Rooms are very nicely appointed. As an unexpected plus, the hotel allowed me to check in before noon on my arrival. Although I would not expect any hotel to allow this unless it had a room available, I was very appreciative and excited to be able to drop my bags, take a quick shower and head out into the city for some sightseeing. I ate both in the restaurant buffet and room service. Both were very nice, good selections and extremely nice personnel. I will stay with The Ring again. Thank you!

Very good sraff, clean and spacious room (x-ordinary), very...
    • X-Ordinary Room

Breakfast could be more rich, the lobby is rather modest for 5 star hotel and partly (front desk) needs renovation.

Very good sraff, clean and spacious room (x-ordinary), very quiet.

Nice place, people are also nice

Everything I liked

Superb location just opposite to opera...tram and underground one min walk, main shopping area two mins walk, restaurant all near by best location for family holiday. Hotel staffs are very nice and rooms clean and beds comfortable.

Great location, nice room, average value
    • Special Room

The hotel was very difficult to access by car due to one-way streets and opposite direction back streets..... very confusing. It was not up to the standard that one would expect of a Relais & Chateau property.

It was a wonderful location and the staff were very helpful, pleasant and accommodating however it was very difficult to access by car. The facilities were minimal though the room was well appointed, if a little on the small size (particularly the bathroom). The breakfast was excellent and the wait staff were very nice and friendly.

Overrated!
    • Special Room

Hotel description is misleading - certainly not luxury or anywhere close, and certainly not casual hip. Mediocre 3 star is the best description. Very expensive for what it is.

Staff were kind
    • Special Room

I don't know why this is a 5 stars Hotel. Everything in this hotel from facilities, to breakfast, to rooms is a 3 stars at best. And the pictures of the room they posted are very deceiving. I posted pictures of how the room actually looks like. Never again

Staff were kind

Great location, great hotel.
    • Special Room

The breakfast was pretty expensive.

The Ring is in the perfect location to see the Old City and attend the Opera. The staff was fantastic, the special room was very spacious and comfortable, and the gym was good. Plus, there were free apples and water available, which was a nice touch.

Adequate accommodation but not up to its ratmg
    • X-Ordinary Room

The room was spacious but the decor was very disappointing and tired. Not what we were expecting of a Relais Chateau hotel. Restaurant very average everything only redeemed by the excellent staff

The staff were superb

Great city hotel
    • X-Ordinary Room

The personnel is not really amazing, that is the only issue with the hotel

The hotel is just perfect, in the heart of the center, walking distance to everything of significance. The rooms are big and luxurious and have great amenities

for 5-star hotel not meeting expectation on all levels
    • Special Room

Spa facilities clearly substandard, very small area with no restroom, steam bath out of function, only one chair provided to rest, no comfort at all. Breakfast buffet with €32 per person excessive (poor value for money)

excellent location and good room standard.

I`ll be back <3
    • Special Room

Aamiaistarjoilussa pientä haparointia ja hiturointia, mutta sekin lopulta lähes nauratti. Ei isoa miinusta tästä.

Erinomainen sijainti. Siisteys. Hyvä palvelu. Mahtava hiljaisuus huoneissa, minkäänlaisia häiritseviä ääniä ei kuulunut mistään mihinkään aikaan vuorokaudessa.

Elegant hotel in magnificent Vienna
    • X-Ordinary Room

We ve stayed for 5 nights, and during this time the safe in our room was broken, and they didn’t fix it even after few asking! We ve asked also for hypoallergenic pillows that also never came. Poor choice of food in the hotel’s restaurant.

Perfect placement of Hotel. Elegant comfortable rooms with big soft bed, good equipped bathrooms with bidet. Coffee machine. Available connecting rooms.

Good location but disappointing service
    • Special Room

Breakfast service the 1st morning was awful - was about 15 minutes before anyone asked if we wanted tea or coffee and then a further 15 before it came. Got some kind of weird fried bread when we asked for toast - no toaster in the buffet area to do your own. The second day the service was as one would expect. Dinner at the restaurant was on the same wipe clean breakfast tables, poor service and quality or choice of food was not great. We had a meal at the Hotel Sacher which was the same cost but the service was impeccable and the food delicious and had further touches like chef's tasters to begin and chocolates with the coffees. They clearly have no understanding of what a turn-down service means. We went out to the opera at 6.30 and when we returned late that night our beds were still unmade from when we had an afternoon nap (to ensure we were refreshed for our special evening after our sightseeing) and therefore also they had not replenished things like shower gel or tissues. This place is not cheap and you expect these things to be done.

Excellent location, quiet rooms. Nice reception staff.

Absolutely recommend it!
    • Special Room

Great location and great price. We got upgraded to a suite and it was very convenient since we had to accommodate an extra colleague at the last minute. Staff was very friendly and helpful in changing our reservation, they also provided great recommendations.

Lovely, except for the cost of the breakfast.
    • Special Room

The cost of the breakfast was outrageous, Euro 64 for 2, for coffee, juice, rolls/croissants and a re-heated rubbery omelette. After the first day, we had breakfast at the lovely café opposite, the cost was Euro 24 for 2, for coffee, juice, rolls/croissants and a freshly made omelette. I would highly recommend you do the same.

The hotel was very comfortable and the staff very helpful at all times. The location was excellent.

I Booked it because it was part of the chain...
    • Special Room

I Booked it because it was part of the chain Relais&Chateaux but this hotel is not up to the standards of R&C I will not go there another time

Lovely Hotel & very friendly staff.
    • Special Room

Lovely Hotel & very friendly staff. In the our room was everything you need, good size of the room, separate section for walking wandrobe, who loves cofffe, was nespressso mashine with great selection of coffee, great bathroom size with bathrobes & slippers. Very good location, everything in walking distance. We definitely will coming back there again.

Customer service is top notch.
    • Special Room

Mattress does not provide support (typical spring mattress which sank in after you sit on it). Scrambled egg (room service) was mediocre.

Customer service is top notch. Location was good. I love the bathroom where the toilet and the shower is separated. Overall, my stay was very comfortable and I would recommend.

LOCATION ....large rooms
    • X-Ordinary Room

Breakfast.limited items, eggs were made to order but otherwise it was just ok

Location was too good just opposite the opera.rooms were huge Beds were comfortable.we stayed only for one night which was too less to enjoy the place

I wrote a nice review on TripAdvisor under AnnL
    • Special Room

In the winter it was fine, but in the summer I would not like to be located on a courtyard where people may gather.

The location, staff was very helpful, beds and pillows were great! Overall comfort was perfect and clean!

A wonderful te
    • X-Ordinary Room

The hotel was fantastic so here are just a few things that could make it even better. The bathroom was perfect except that the shaving/make-up mirror in the bathroom was fitted to low and its light waa not strong enough. We would have appreciated tea making facilities in addition to the (unlimited) coffee for our wonderful coffee machine. The wonderfully big comfortable beds could have been made even more comfortable if they had had a topper (to cover the crack between the two single mattresses). We had asked when booking to have information about their service to/from the airport but didn’t receive any so we made our own way.

The hotel was in an excellent position for visiting the centre and the museum area. It was also just across the road from the Vienna Pass Hop on Hop off main bus stop as well as right next to an underground station and public bus stops. The beds were extremely comfortable and enormous (we had an X-ordinary room with extra large beds). The receptionist who welcomed us gave us lots of information about places to visit and restaurants we could eat in. When we ask to change room in order to have one on a higher floor and they changed us immediately. Our room was also available before the check-in time and so we were able to use it to freshen up before starting our sightseeing.

An excellent stay and I will recommend the hotel
    • Special Room

Remember in the winter, the heat is on in the rooms , but you must open your windows for cooler air,but that is not a big deal

The hotel was excellent and I could not have made a better choice. And just to let you know the honesty of this property... my daughter and I went out for a couple of hours before our plane left. I checked out of the hotel, however, I did store my luggage. I left our passports and my wallet with credit cards I was not using in the safe in my room. The front desk had the passports and my wallet safe in hand when I returned, with nothing missing. That type of service should not go unnoticed.

Nice hotel, in the centre of the city.
    • X-Ordinary Room

The last day of our stay we asked reception possibility to have meal after midday. Reception said restaurant is open whole day ( is also mentioned on website of restaurant) !!! We came after midday to have meal and were brutally told by restaurantmanager (!) no meals anymore in restaurant !!! So we left for the airport without meal ! To our opinion in any way not a friendly way and respect of invitation to a customer ! Very bad for a 5 star hotel. Instead of 9 points for this nice hotel only 6 points !!!

Nice hotel, in the centre of the city. The room was spacious, excellent !

Compact but comfortable room.
    • Special Room

Sloping ceilings are always a tough deal when you measure 1.85m...

Compact but comfortable room. Great breakfasts with eggs cooked to order and wonderfully helpful service from Edith. The hotel organised a bed hoist for my disabled friend. Dinner in the restaurant was fabulous - a creative take on Austrian cuisine. Good position near the Staatsoper.

Can't fault this hotel!
    • Special Room

Everything was great at this hotel The staff, the spacious room with the walk in cupboard, the freshly made breakfast with eggs of your choice, the overall cleanliness and not to forget those small touches - you know the ones that you didn't know you needed until they were made available to you! The list is endless. The location is right across the road from the Opera and the tram is on your doorstep. I have stayed in 5 star hotels in the past and felt a little overwhelmed and found them very impersonal - this is not the case here. Very attentive and knowledgeable staff. There is no doubt that I will stay here again the next time I am in Vienna.

The size of the rooms and location
    • X-Ordinary Room

One negative point is that I have been coming to this hotel almost 20 times. The Receptionist never told me: "Welcome back to our hotel Mr. " . Which I think is strange as I am sure they track their guests

The size of the rooms and location

This is not a 5-start hotel, surprised to see that it is part of the Relais & Chateaux chain.
    • Special Room

Tiny lobby area, outdated decor from 70-ies, queing for breakfast ina small restaurant, breakfast options are not up to the 5-star hotel standards

Location is great, spacious room

Perfect location for a wonderful weekend in Vienna.
    • Special Room

On our first morning we had to wait over half an hour for our cooked breakfasts and then they only arrived after we had asked. The food on the buffet ran out very quickly. Maybe more help is needed during a busy weekend?

Everything about this hotel is excellent: from the helpful staff to the wonderful rooms filled with everything you should ever need. When I realised I had forgotten my toothbrush, a quick trip to reception provided just what I needed - toothpaste included! The location of this hotel is ideal for a trip to Vienna, only a two minute stroll from the Opera House. I would recommend the airport transfer provided by the hotel to make your visit even easier!

Best Hotel in Vienna, very good, professional stuff,...
    • Special Room

Best Hotel in Vienna, very good, professional stuff, everything is high class, very friendly barmen, interesting coctails and mint tea, apples and lemon water in lobby, I like the hotel and its people. Respect to the management and team, the Ring is perfect.

Fabulous stay, would recommend this luxury hotel without hesitation!
    • Special Room

We weren't told it took 30 minutes to get the car back because the porter was busy. The car was just across the road. All was resolved but with a long journey ahead not how you want to depart. We did not try the breakfast as it was a little expensive for a family of four.

Everything! Beautiful and spacious rooms. We had connecting rooms (on opposite sides at the end of the corridor) with our teenage kids - fabulous! The fitness room was well equipped and very nice. Walking distance to almost everywhere.

Great Beef Gulasch with an Original touch.
    • Special Room

Three things stick out: 1) worst, is the shower in the high bathtub. Someone is seriously going to get hurt with the difficult climb out 2) the lobby/reception area is a bore; below standard for a good boutique hotel 3) the breakfast cook cannot make either fried eggs or scrambled without burning the eggs

Great Beef Gulasch with an Original touch. Comfortable bed. Nice size room with high ceiling... very fresh

Nice an relaxed stay, great staff!
    • X-Ordinary Room

Friendly staff and very helpful, we arrived late in the night and we needed an extra bed and they helped us and sorted this straightaway. Nice breakfast, a bit expensive but worth worth it, Great location and very close to majority of tourist attractions.

Excellent loacation
    • Special Room

The air conditioning had at times difficulties to keep up with the (that should be said) very hot and humid weather outside.

Very nice room and good service. Excellent bar and restaurant in the hotel. The location next to the Opera on the grandiose Ring is second to none with the easy access to a number of major sights and public transport.

Fantastic hotel - recommended!
    • X-Ordinary Room

Breakfast buffet could have included some avocado, but other than that cannot fault this hotel! I will definately be staying here again.

Loved the bed - huge, comfortable, best sleep I had my whole trip.The morning staff at breakfast were lovely, we were greeted by the GM on arrival which was a lovely touch. Bathrooms were spotless, carpet was clean, sheets and towels were fluffy!I stayed for 5 days and each was enjoyable and felt like home.

Great hotel in a great location
    • Special Room

Great location in the center of Vienna, one walking minutes from Opera house or Carlsplatz metro station. The room was large and very comfort, was cleaned twice a day, the reception persons were very nice and helpful.

Excellent stay! Exceeded my expectations!
    • X-Ordinary Room

The front desk staff was often missing. My room had very poor wifi connection. For the first night stay I couldn't use it at all it keeps on getting disconnected. The second night they fixed it and it was just a little better.

Love the rooms it was huge! Love the furnishing. The bed was extremely comfortable and the blanket!

The best accommodation you can find!!
    • Special Room

There wasnt anything I could fault....When I asked if I could get hot water from the coffee machine in my room a kettle was delivered!!

This was a beautiful Hotel with everything a traveller could want. The staff from reception to cleaners to.those in lobby and restaurant staff all were so friendly.

Fab Vienna
    • X-Ordinary Room

You could not fault this hotel, was abit more expensive, but then we were so central

The Bed was fab, the hotel was very central. The staff were very helpful We had a fab stay, breakfast was good, would stay again

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

we will be back!
    • X-Ordinary Room

Breakfast was ordinary and not a lot to choose from. The lady in charge at breakfast (some sort of restaurant manager, or something) was rude and unpleasant (hope not to see her next time!) but the waitress was very nice and prompt.

Great location, close to main atractions and Ubahn station (Karlplatz). Helpfull staf with one exception. A bonus point for the fact that they did not charged us for the extra bed for our 8 year old kid. will come back for sure

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

We loved The Ring
    • X-Ordinary Room

Our room did not have a window with a view. Instead it was an attic like window that faced the sky. The breakfast is too expensive, but you can order a room service breakfast for a reasonable price.

The staff here was great, really helpful and friendly, gave us good tips on how to get around and places to go. We would stay here again just on the basis of the staff. Our room, an x-ordinary, was big and comfortable. It is in a great location, right next to the Opera and in walking distance to museums. Trams and metro right across the street. Good restaurants in walking distance.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

All room appointments and size excellent.
    • X-Ordinary Room

All room appointments and size excellent. Staff warm and efficient. Hotel well located. Visited Vienna several times and this was the best hotel all around we have enjoyed.

I wouldn't go back
    • Special Room

We got a room without curtains so the room was fully bright at 05:00 when the sun came up. I really think curtains are an essential feature of any hotel, let alone a 5 star luxury hotel. We were really tired and had to change rooms. Also the cleaners talked loudly to each other for about an hour at 08:00, which also woke us up on other days. They also didn't replace the toiletries in the bathroom so we had to call reception and ask for them. The tables at breakfast were jammed in really close and on the first morning a toddler who was 20cm from us threw his toy at my wife. Then the eggs we ordered took forever to arrive and we had to sit and watch the couple next to us eat theirs and leave even though we ordered at the same time. Also, smoking was allowed in the bar, which made it off limits to me. I'd be disappointed if this happened in a mediocre 4 star hotel for €100 per night, but in a supposedly luxury hotel at this price it is ridiculous.

The location was great

Great hotel for a great stay in Vienna
    • Special Room

While the room was well appointed, the hotel would benefit by adding a bar by the shower to get in and out of the shower/tub. It is a bit dangerous without having the benefit of holding onto something when getting out of the shower.

the property was very well located to view all the important sites in Vienna.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Perfect location, nice hotel.
    • Special Room

Breakfast is expensive especially if you aren't going to eat a lot. However it is optional and you can make tea or coffee in your room or visit a local cafe.

The Ring Hotel is in an ideal location for visiting all the main attractions, many of which are within walking distance. Those which are a bit further out (the Ferris wheel, Schonbrunn Palace) are only a few stops on the u-bahn underground and there is a station (Karlsplatz) very close to the hotel. The stop for the trams which circle the Ringstrasse (routes 1 and 2) is close to the hotel too, as is the starting point for the hop-on-hop-off sightseeing tours. The hotel staff were very helpful and kept us right. Our room was quite large with a huge comfy bed and was visited by the housekeeping staff twice a day. There is a coffee maker in each room but being Brits we like a cup of tea and the hotel were happy to provide a kettle etc. All in all, the Ring Hotel is a very good choice for a short visit to Vienna because it is so conveniently placed and the staff are really pleasant and helpful.

Excellent experience and value for money!
    • Special Room

The staff was very friendly and location super central. We only stayed for a night and unfortunately didn't have the time to try the breakfast and other facilities. But the room was so nice. Specially the bed, I've never slept better, it was so comfortable! Otherwise the room was very nice, very quiet. It was also nice that we had bathrobes and soft towels in the bathroom.

A welcome stop at a lovely hotel
    • X-Ordinary Room

Nothing. A swimming pool would have been nice, but that is just being picky.

Super friendly caring staff, very helpful and efficient. Excellent facilities, clean and quiet; I would definitely book to go there again, which is rare for me.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Excellent boutique hotel in the heart of Vienna
    • X-Ordinary Room

We had no issues with this Hotel

Excellent location in the heart of Vienna and close to excellent shopping, great restaurants and the Vienna State Opera. Our room was large and very comfortable with a very good view over the city. The Hotel restaurant provided a high quality breakfast with a good range of hot and cold options. Best of all ... the Hotel staff could not have been more helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Very nice hotel near the city center
    • Special Room

The rooms at the 6th floor have upward-facing windows, the bed is not very comfortable for sleeping

Excellent location, very helpful and efficient staff, great breakfast (if included), spotless rooms

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

good stay, hotel close to everything
    • X-Ordinary Room

at restaurant the food was excellent but realy not enough in the plate for the price

good service, kindness of staff, specialy at breakfast and desk room absolutely silent dispite on the ring

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

I will be back!
    • Special Room

Breakfast was a little disappointing - for the price. Eggs Benedict arrived lukewarm and on white toast...? I got down around 10 and many of the dishes only had "remains" of cheese or cold cuts on them, i.e. were not being replenished. But it's an option and there are plenty of coffee houses nearby!

The staff all go out of their way to be helpful. The bed was SO comfy and the room was comfortable and well appointed with good wifi service. The location is the best possible - very central, within walking distance of many main attractions and with excellent public transport options almost on the doorstep. Will never stay anywhere else when I go to Vienna!

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

a well run hotel with splendid service provided by efficient and discreet staff
    • Special Room

Nothing really. But a fresh supply of bath foam would have been welcome.

The room is comfortable and provides the luxury of a dressing space and a separate lavatory.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

The best Hotel in Vienna
    • Special Room

Can honestly say that I couldn't find a negative, one small issue with TV and aircon in the room swiftly, efficiently and happily dealt with.

Amazing service, fantastic location, brilliant team, all very friendly, helpful and knowledgable. Great location for a visit to the Opera and exploring Vienna generally, can't recommend highly enough, made our trip truly memorable. Good food, especially breakfast, great bar but it's the staff here that make the difference - nothing is too much trouble, truly service with a smile and any enquiry on places to go resulted in excellent directions al marked on a map. The General Manager Eugenio Rigo, was brilliant and this shows in his team

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Excellent location for seeing Vienna for the 1st time.
    • X-Ordinary Room

Heating system in the room: instructions on how to use would have been useful. Also email address on website info@theringhotel.com got me no response though sent email twice. Would like the option of a room with a view onto the street.

Friendly and extremely helpful staff on reception. Enjoyed the quality of the food at dinner in the restaurant. The breakfasts too were very good, again served by friendly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Nice hotel, friendly staff.
    • Special Room

Noisy room, close to the U-bahn / Metro. Hollow bedmattrass. Breakfast 32 (!) euro per person, not worth the money.

Nice hotel, friendly staff. Close to the city center.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Very comfortable bed and good size room.
    • X-Ordinary Room

Breakfast was a bit hit and miss!

Very comfortable bed and good size room. Very quiet although right in the centre. Easy to walk to attractions and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Great location, nice stay
    • Special Room

the breakfast was average. It was nice to be able to choose one hot meal option, but aside from that, the buffet only had cheese, meat and cereal, no other hot food.

The location was perfect. The hotel was lovely, including the rooms. very spacious and nice touches such as bath robes and extra toiletries. Bar was nice, and the barman was knowledgeable and friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Exquisite hotel and service
    • Cosmopolitan Suite

If there is something that i really need to pick that could be improved, i would say the fact that the breakfast pastries were left in open air and they did not feel that fresh if you had breakfast around 10. But this was a very very small impediment.

Everything was spot on, but what i really loved is that it felt cosy for a 5 start hotel - usually there is a stiffness that comes with "the territory". As far as relaxing goes, even though our room was facing the front boulevard where a lot of cars and trams are passing by, there was absolutely no noise whatsoever in the room. We traveled with a new born baby and our stay couldn't have been more care free. Also, the fact that breakfast is served up to 11 (or 12 on weekends) was amazing.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Location is perfect .
    • X-Ordinary Room

Bar area , could not really relax and unwind after a few miles out and about. Not a comfortable space to be in when you want to chill.

Location is perfect .Staff are excellent , happy and very helpful. Room was superb.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

staff, location and breakfast
    • Special Room

hotel looked very different, much nicer in the pictures, terrible sound and vibration from the tram passing next to the hotel, specially on the first floors. bit of a disappointment really

staff, location and breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Huge Rooms!
    • X-Ordinary Room

The breakfast was very poor! There were only croissants, coffee, cheese & ham, cornflakes, bread and yogurt! If you want to eat something hot (it has scrupled or fried eggs and pancakes) it was included in the breakfast but you had to order it and wait at list 10-15 min. This waiting time was with no other people in the breakfast room...imagine a busy day!

The rooms were huge! Very comfortable bed and excellent location!

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

the hotel is very good in the center in front of the Opera
    • Special Room

Room acceptable with the exception of mansard - it as a 3 star and the meager breakfast

the hotel is very good in the center in front of the Opera personal very professional and friendly

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Comfortable, cosy relaxing ambience in central surroundings.
    • X-Ordinary Room

The hotel is 'boutique' in terms of the foyer, which is very small, as are the lifts. The corridors are quite narrow, so it can feel a little claustrophobic. My room was on the 4th floor and looked over the inner courtyard. This meant it was dark enough to need the lights on all the time, which I personally dislike having to do. I was disappointed to be paying over £350 for a room with an internal view, but I had asked for a quiet room, and it was blissfully silent, so perhaps this was the reason. On their website it states that most X-Ordinary rooms come with a walk in wardrobe, which mine didn't have, which again I was disappointed about, as what girl doesn't want a walk in wardrobe. Perhaps I was given this room as it was for single occupancy. The gym is small, but well equipped. Located in the attic, or top floor it has low ceilings so again is a little claustrophobic. I loved this hotel, but it was beyond my budget to stay for longer than one night, so having booked for 3 nights, the hotel kindly allowed me to change my booking at the last minute to one night only. When I checked out I was aware they had smaller, lower priced rooms available and was curious as to whether or not one of these might be offered. They were not. As I had not yet booked anywhere else, but needed a room for another 2 nights, this was a missed opportunity for them.

The location is fantastic. Could not be better. The woman at the check in desk was supremely helpful and friendly. They knew my preferences and she offered to take me up to my room. The doorman also offered to help with my luggage, as did the porter. Everyone I encountered was helpful, smiley and friendly. I stayed in an X-Ordinary room which was lovely. Spacious with a gorgeous red velvet sofa, a writing desk and a very comfortable king size bed with lovely feather pillows. The TV swivelled around to face either bed or sofa which was very useful. I felt very comfortable in this room, could have certainly stayed for a long time. A lot of care and attention has been taken to create a welcoming, comfortable, relaxing atmosphere and it works. The bathroom had 2 sinks, a separate loo and a rainforest shower with additional shower head. Lovely, luxurious soaps etc in the bathroom, A vanity kit in the bathroom, just when I needed a nail file. Nespresso machine in the bedroom. The Ring hotel has is all, highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Very comfortable hotel, great location in the city centre,...
    • Special Room

Very comfortable hotel, great location in the city centre, pretty close to Wien´s opera and pedestrian zone. Very pleasant receptionists, nothing is a problem :-) Rooms are nice, bed very comfortable, coffeemaker etc.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Excellent hotel in the city centre - So luxurious

No complaints.

The location was superb. The breakfast was delicious and the restaurant was really nice. We loved our room and how clean and fresh everything seemed.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• X-Ordinary Room

Great location. Beautiful and historical small hotel next to the castle. The staff was very professional and helpful and the room was lovely. Had views of the gardens.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Location is absolutely city center!
    • X-Ordinary Room

Some construction taking place in front of the hotel. We had some problem with the first room but hotel supervisor resolved the issue promptly.

Location is absolutely city center! The staff are professional, helpful and warm. The hotel made our trip to Vienna memorable and will sure to come back and stay here next time.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Comfortable hotel, central located in Vienna
    • Cosmopolitan Suite

The hotel is cleverly decorated and looks luxurious and comfortable at first glance. However, the amenities and furniture are a cheap imitation of a real 5 star hotel. Friendly receptionists are dressed in ill fitting uniforms trying to make you feel welcome. However, they can not take the attention of the poorly decorated reception and cafeteria style breakfast room. The hotel is situated right at the city center which is really great, but arriving at the hotel is difficult because there is no possibility for taxis to park and the tramline runs right next to the hotel. Lastly, the complementary internet connection in the rooms is slow and disconnects so you barely can check and answer your emails. Having said this, the hotel is nice and very central, but should not be graded a 5 star hotel.

the location of the hotel is fantastic. Right in the center of the city. The suites are very spacious with barely outside noices bothering the guests. The beds are really comfortable too!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Chic and Smart.
    • X-Ordinary Room

didn't stay a few days more.

perfect location, professional staff and very kind. simply one of the best hotels that we've stayed in Europe . thank you.

Excellent venue to celebrate our wedding anniversary
    • X-Ordinary Room

Perfect location for city centre or onward travel, outstanding food, really comfortable room, very sociable staff, even given a room upgrade for free.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Hotel on par with Vienna
    • X-Ordinary Room

Rooms are quite spacious with high ceilings. Very comfortable beds. The rate included breakfast that was excellent in freshness, variety and amount. The restaurant had an impressive dinner menu and service as well. Very friendly, efficient and knowledgeable staff.

Nice location, poor Restaurant
    • Special Room

Breakfast!! We ordered our breakfast and a large party of 10 to 12 came in. The staff allowed the large party to take over. The large party received their breakfast before we did. We asked where our breakfast was and they brought my wife something she had not ordered and my porridge which was cold and congealed. We complained about our breakfast and our service. The response was wait until we can get the manager. We waited and waited and no manager so we waked out.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Our 4 night stay
    • X-Ordinary Room

internet was vary slow, getting there by your car was difficult to locate due to street construction in front,

staff very helpful and polite, rooms are big and comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Special Room

Annoying vibration from trams passing by in the first floor. No swimming pool. No 24/7 consierge. Front desk totally forgot to pass me an important massage which was left for me by phone!

Browse The Ring - Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel traveller photo gallery