Reviews of Hotel Trofana Royal 5 stars

Dorfstraße 95, 6561 Ischgl, Austria

#15 of 85 hotels in Ischgl

9.9

9.7

Rooms are clean and spacious, the reception desk staff is...

Huge kids club is worth visiting but its ever closed, we could reach it once in a whole week. Little kids are obviously not welcome at the hotel especially at the dinners of the halfboard restaurant. The restaurant manager gets annoyed with the crying kids (no matter if they are sick or else) and forces you to have the kids meals at your room, and after you finally agree they do not forget to charge you 10 euro for each room service of the poor kids food. The kids menu is the most disgusting food I’ve ever seen. There is no doctor at the hotel, and if you need one you have to walk to the single clinic in town in its working hours. For me and my child it was a bad experience, and I will never get back there, but if you are childfree you’ll be comforted there. Music from the nearest two apres-ski discoclubs is very disturbing till late. The breakfast starts at 8, which is extremely late at the ski resort.

Rooms are clean and spacious, the reception desk staff is friendly and helpful.

Spa and service were amazing

Very friendly staff, incredible customer service
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very friendly staff, incredible customer service

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Great comfort in the absence of internet
    • Large Deluxe Double Room

Very poor internet with many interruptions! Not on the level of 5 star hotel at all!!!

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

I was confused with the rate.

I was confused with the rate. You charged me 40% .

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

The service was excellent, as was the breakfast.

The internet connection went out for a number of hours two of the mornings during my stay. This has been a recurring problem I've had at four hotels I've stayed in this year.

The service was excellent, as was the breakfast. Best omelet I can remember. One of the better single rooms I've had. The spa facilities were second to none.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2016

Good spa area.

Did not sleep too well. No real working desk in the room (only some space below a big tv screen). No wifi in restaurant area (policy). VPN connection was not possible. Traveling alone I also like to do some work and stay connected. Difficult in this place. Wine by the glass in restaurant in tiny quantities (5 cl ?!) does not really match the abundancy of the food.

Good spa area.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2016

One of my friends snowboard missed the flight to Innsbruck...

One of my friends snowboard missed the flight to Innsbruck and the airline (Transavia) would not pay for the transfer of the board to Trofana Royal. However the excellent lady at the desk organised the transfer at lightning speed at a very reasonable rate! She saved my friends weekend as he was now able to surf his own board instead of a rental board. Furthermore, nicely situated close to the slopes, the hill descent ends at the hotel which is very convenient, the food is excellent en the rooms are nice so definitely recommendable.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2015

the restaurant at the hotel, the spa, the room

The hotel has been described as a 5 star on the website, however I do not believe that it meets that category at all. Having travelled my whole life in different top hotels in the world (some of which for the lower price point that Trofana) I expect a certain level of service and staff competence. This hotel lacks it on many levels, it seems like people that work here only do their job in accordance with the inflexible set of rules but not to please their guests and make them want to come back there again. Upon my arrival I had to wait for an hour for my luggage which porters seemed to have forgotten, so the reception lady had to deliver it herself. The waitresses at the hotel restaurant and lobby do not speak English, so that all orders and explanation has to be made through the manager who was the most helpful person at the hotel. On the day we went sleigh skiing and were waiting for the rest of group at the empty lobby downstairs the waitresses didn't want to accept us first due to the dress code. I have never felt more unwelcome. It is absolutely impossible to order any food after 12am, they close the kitchen and the night receptionist doesn't even have access to it. When I got sick and asked for a basic medicine from the concierge I was told that they are not allowed to give guests any medication and instead of solving the problem I had to ask my friend to get them to contact the pharmacy and deliver the medicine. This inability and unwillingness to solve problems has really upset me, it is acceptable for a hotel with lower star rating and room prices but it is not what to be expected from a 5 star hotel. Newly refurbished design, big spa and a Michelin star restaurant are great but most importantly a guest should feel comfortable and pampered and that is the staff responsibility. I hope that the owners of the hotel will take my criticism in the right way and use to improve the above mentioned points.

the restaurant at the hotel, the spa, the room

• Reviewed: 7 February 2015

Pool and saunas

the staff was rude, horrible, unfriendly, impolite (except the night shift), girls at reception do not speak proper any language but german, a lot of misunderstanding. To all your simple requests they will say NO without any hesitation, so all questions should be passed through long and tiring deliberations with cad hotel employees that for any small question should get special instruction and approval of their manager. The waiters in the lobby were also below any expectation. i had never seen such hotel workers in my life, i am quite sure that they never worked before in a 5 star hotel and have no idea how to treat their guests, because half of those guests barely can speak english and are very shy to show how to work. Probably this place is good for people with low class mentality who suddenly earned some money so they will be amazed by that hotel full of go go dancers downstairs, naked spa area, lame people in the city.

Pool and saunas

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.