Reviews of AllYouNeed Hotel Vienna2 3 stars

#260 of 327 hotels in Vienna

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Wouldn't stay there again

No water in the room.

Very basic room with uncomfy beds and no headrests. Didn't offer a luggae facility as we had a later flight. Therefore had to carry our bags around with us.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Disappointed in the quality of this hotel

The advertising of the property should reflect that it is mainly used as a hostel and not a full time hotel. The cleanliness in our room was below an acceptable standard. Very poor lift size meant you had to wait some time before getting a chance to use it. Very basic facilities.

Breakfast was reasonable and the location to all Vienna's attractions was very good.

Excellent location!

Only thing was check in was at 15.00, after a 20+ hour flight, this was hard.

Location cant be beat, breakfasts were fantastic, the outdoor area was a great place to have breakfast. Staff were always helpful. 2 minutes to restaurants, 5 minutes to the innere stadt and u bahn stations close by.

Location and breakfast

Bed was uncomfortable and the room was cleaned when we arrived but, for the rest of our stay they only changed towels and made the bed. The room became increasingly dirty.

Location and breakfast

Acceptable breakfast

No parking places. It is a public parking near the hotel but it is expensive

Acceptable breakfast Good location, near the center of the city Clean room

Over price accommodation

Cleanliness was not up to standard, found a cigarette butt in the window sill. For the price of the bedroom you could expect a lot more !! No real facilities. The value for money is not good (after traveling for few months in Europe, we have not come across an accomodation value at this price for this standard. You can get a lot more for a lot cheaper). The breakfast was not very good quality and when I asked if there was a toaster available, I was rudely told No !! The phone number of the hotel is not a normal Austrian number (coast me 5euros to call them to exit from the parking because they didn't explain properly how to get out with the differents parking tickets).

The location was good. Short walk to the city centre. They didn't have any availability in their own parking so they offered me to park in a private parking nearby (very safe).

Good croissants but an awful disability ramp to the garden,

External corridors were not cleaned , pieces of paper, not washed very day. The staff were lovely and the price of the hotel is excellent, perfectly all you need, but it very austere and has dated decor - even though the cleaners had come, we found some horrible deposits in the toilet - not ours ! This was very strange....

Good croissants but an awful disability ramp to the garden,

Best choice for sightseeing purposes.

The hotel rooms little bit look like dorm rooms from my university, so they are not that fancy. But they are okay.

Very close to the city centre. Good breakfast. Very kind personnel. It worth the price, if you are there for the sightseeings.

Breakfast was great and had a wide range of choice hot and...

the wifi was rubbish and at one point I was told that it was because I had a Huawei phone so not sure what was going on as it only worked intermittently. For some reason I could not access BBC tv station either on the TV. Shame really as it spoilt my stay as I like to upload my photos on to my social medial using my phone as I don't have a lap top.

Breakfast was great and had a wide range of choice hot and cold. The room was clean and comfortable but no air con as I know some like that. Check in and out was quick and easy and staff were friendly. The hotel was really central and I could walk in to the centre near the main tourist attractions within 15-20 minutes.

It was located close to the city center although not too...

It did not have AC and it felt hot even with open windows because the small fan was not able to cool down the room.

It was located close to the city center although not too close which was great because it was not in the middle of a hectic tourist area. Very close to supermarkets, Cafés and even close to a green market. It offered buffet breakfast with good options and good coffee. It had a very ample outdoor patio and the staff was very helpful. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Friendly, helpful staff.

Friendly, helpful staff. Good choice at breakfast. Room was small but had everything we needed. Garden looked lovely although we didn’t get to use it due to the rain. Good location as about 15 minute walk from the central areas and about 7 minutes from the metro

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Very nice place to stay while visiting Vienna

We would like to have a double bed instead of the two twin beds joint together. It would be good to have a minifridge in the room.

The room is good size with plenty of light, very clean and nice furniture. Breakfast was wonderful with plenty of cereals, fresh fruits, hams, cheeses, hot drinks and excellent breads and cakes and people in the dining room working hard to keep the place always ready for a large number of guests, thanks to them.

The location is superb, staff is friendly and helpful, room...

It totally worth the money so only “+”

The location is superb, staff is friendly and helpful, room was clean and despite hot weather and fan only - temperature in the room was comfortable. The breakfast is nice.

*friendly staff

*extremely hot in the room *no air conditioning, just a stand up ventilator (not helpful) *check-out at 11 (genius perks not applied) *personal issue - As we did not expect the hotel to block partial payment only a day before, we emptied the card used for the booking to change the cash to euro. We believed as it didn't happen sooner we will just pay all at the property the next day. Just after we did that we received an email from booking advising we need to add funds. We did that asap and sent an email to the hotel. Just to be on the safe side we also called the hotel. The receptionist advised then that it's not a problem, but that we only have the reservation confirmed until 06:00 P.M. although we have selected late check-in option before. So this was a bit confusing as we had an email confirmation with the late check-in. She advised she updated the hour now and we are ok. But what if we hadn't called?! Only to receive another email from a different receptionist the next day that they did block the partial payment and only now the reservation is ok. We do understand our fault in this issue and we have part of the blame, but I would believe there is also an issue with the procedure and communication on part of the hotel.

*friendly staff *decent sized room *clean *good breakfast *great outdoors eating area *vending machine in the reception area *close to the airport bus station *close to the metro station for Schönbrunn Palace/Schönbrunn Zoo *next to the Danube and close to the city center *in close proximity to restaurants, stores, supermarkets

An unpleasant surprise in the center of Wien.

The towels were changed once in 5 days. They did not change the beddings in 5 days. They did not clean the room. No air conditioning. No power plug near bed. Broken shower.

The breakfast was ok. Central position in the city.

Nice Hotel near to the center with perfect breakfast.

It was really hot in the 5th floor, we sweated all night. There is no AC in the rooms, so the heat was a bit inconvenient, and also the sinker smelled a bit. Other than this, this place is great value for money, definitely recommend it.

The breakfast was really great, they offered various options. The location is great, everything is near, the room was nice, the bed was really convenient, we had everything we needed. We could store our language at the hotel before check in and after check out for free, which is a huge plus too.

Nichts.

Horrible. The first bad review I am leaving for both a "hotel" on Booking and for Booking itself. I made a search for two people on Booking, but the search criteria got lost somehow and we arrived with a room meant for two people but only one person reserved. (This has not happened for other reservations, but now I have my doubts and may cancel future bookings to reserve on other sites since I've lost trust in Booking.) That meant a higher price at check out, confusion at check in, and a lot of wasted time. We could have searched for a better hotel and better price had we known about this confusion beforehand. The hotel is also filled with guests who do not speak English or German and so check out and in will take a long time as the staff and customers struggle to speak to one another and settle the bills and as they shove past you like animals to get their non-urgent questions answered. The place is not as central as you could book with other places on the other side of the river. It is also not as clean as the photos make it out to be. Have fun with the ants in your bed. There is no customer service and you don't want to be in the same place as the guests who come by here. During the summer, the lobby to the elevator to your room will be warm and humid with just a single fan in your bedroom (none in lobby and laughing if you expect aircon) to keep you cool in your room if you choose to sit in front of it during your whole vacation. Not worth the price at all, would fully recommend another place to stay at when in Vienna.

Nichts.

I liked the stay at this hotel.

Rooms are small, but that’s not a big problem, because you’ll spend most of the day outside the hotel.

I liked the stay at this hotel. Its situation is very convenient to reach city center by just walking. Metro station and tram stop is 1-2 minutes of walking. Very tasty breakfasts, especially croissants) I would definitely recommend this place to stay.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

It is very close to town center.

The hotel has a very nice inner garden. But The garden is closed at 23.00. No air condition at rooms. Fans are not enough.

It is very close to town center.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Good for a short stay

Floor wasn't cleaned and we found ants traps near the balcony, meaning they had problems with insects since it's an old building. But it's also true that we didn't see any ant or insects at all, probably because we couldn't keep the small balcony and the small window open. Room was tiny but still ok for a one night stay.

Breakfast was good and with a good variety of food. Bed was comfortable and we found A/C in the room. It's 10/15 min walking from metro station and 20 min away from St.Stephen's Cathedral. Supermarkets (SPAR and BILLA) are very close. Wi-fi free and fair, fast enough for normal internet and social networks usage.

Breakfast was really nice.

The room was old, the bathroom wasn't so clean. It was really hot but the fan helped us to survive.

Breakfast was really nice. Welcoming was great too. You could leave your luggage during the day.

A very nice hotel, close to Prater Park and to city center.

We paid cash on arrival and the girls from reception forgot to write it down, thus our check-out process was a bit difficult. I think it's better to pay by credit card.

Excellent location, very good breakfast, easy access, comfortable bed.

Overall OK stay.

No aircon and plastic chairs in rooms.

Basic hotel with no frills, but fine for a short stay. In a residential area, but a short walk into town. Five minute walk to nearest subway station.

Clean room, clean bath, good food.

Underground parking is very close (1-2 min) safe and costs 15.5 € / day. If you want to go down at night you will need a ticket, do not forget it the car! Ask at the reception about discount ticket. Do not keep the car in front of the hotel for more than 15 minutes, you will receive a fine of 35 €.

Clean room, clean bath, good food. Very close to downtown and tourist attractions. Quiet. Friendly staff. I recommend for a 2-4 days city trip.

Good location!

The breakfast was not tasty, I think the orange juice was made of powder mix, the fruits for muesli are from cans, ... They also have bread, cheese, sausages, omelette and crepes but I did not taste it. The lift is super stinky!

We enjoyed that the hotel was only a few minutes walk from city center and close to public transport, very convenient for the stay. The room was quiet, and there is a lovely garden were you can relax or have breakfast in the morning.

Very enjoyable and good value for money.

Close to city centre. Staff very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. Room was quiet but hot even with fan. Breakfast had a good variety and to be able to sit in the garden was a bonus.

A no fuss hotel with all the amenities and a great location

Beds were squeaky even after we fixed a slat. We asked about a laundrette so we could self wash clothes having cycled from Passau to Vienna, but unfortunately the place nearby that we were sent to was in fact a drycleaning/ press service altho would have done our clothes, but costly.

A very good location for city, transportation, eating places nearby,and bank facilities. The receptionists were so helpful and answered all our queries. Breakfast excellent and a lovely outdoor area to enjoy..

Excellent!

It takes a while for the check-out procedure.

I traveled alone to Vienna and the location of the hotel was excellent, especially for solo female travelers. It's pretty close to drugstores (Billa, DM, Spar), the U-bahn and the S-bahn. There are some really good restaurants in the neighborhood (excellent and cheap Chinese and Falafels). It's also, a 2 min walk from the Donaukanal ideal for hanging out and having drinks at night. The staff is really friendly, multi-lingual and will accommodate your requests. Breakfast in the terrace is the ideal way to start your day. The food is fresh and delicious, 7/10 for the Bacon, 8/10 for the Espresso ;) Rooms are cleaned daily and are spacious and clean.

For the money, you can´t beat the accommodations.

What I like the most about ALL YOU NEED is that the rooms are quiet. I´ve stayed at these hotels at both of their locations in Vienna as well as the one in Salzburg and all of them provide quiet rooms. I hear nothing when I am trying to work in my room and nothing when I am trying to fall asleep. I am really sensitive to sound. Since there is no problem at all with sound reverberating here, this is the main reason I look for ALL YOU NEED rooms when I am booking accommodation in either Vienna or Salzburg.

Reception never help ,, I have to ask every day for cleaning...

Reception never help ,, I have to ask every day for cleaning the room ,, no mini bar ,,, no toilet paper I should ask,, no safe deposit box in room or at the reception it’s not even a one star hotel I will never recommend to any body

Really enjoyable stay with great value for money with super staff !

Rooms were basic but very functional and in line with price. Probably better and larger than i expected.

Amazing value for money. Great central location. I walked to conferences in central Vienna each day. Just 10 mins each way. Great breakfast. Super customer oriented staff who all did their best to accommodate all requests. Lastly a great relaxing unique garden. I had breakfast there and was special.

Budget friendly and good city location

The location of the hotel is next to city center. The staff was very kind and always available. The rooms are clean and have all necessary amenities. I will recommend it and I will definitely return.

Big Breakfast was a great surprise (& super friendly...

Room is plain & small, but not a problem

Big Breakfast was a great surprise (& super friendly staff) ! Great location, just a couple of blocks from center city. Good hot shower & great towels.

The breakfast was quite good and everything was clean

It was impossible to get a cup or other equipments for the breakfast. There's no place in the the bathroom so it was possible to turn around.

The breakfast was quite good and everything was clean

Excellent breakfast, good wifi and located close to 2...

No fan, so it could get hot in summers

Excellent breakfast, good wifi and located close to 2 stations making it perfect to reach any place in Vienna. 15 minute walk to the center. Highly recommended.

Very good breakfast.

Narrow beds. Modern building with Noisy doors no thresholds, built like a YMCA-place or a hostal.

Very good breakfast. Nice staff. OK distance to Schwedenplatz

The staff was very helpful and cooperative.

The staff was very helpful and cooperative. They allowed me early check in and late check out. They helped me in planning sightseeing and explained to me the transportation. Breakfast is excellent with wide varieties.

City center for reasonable money

Coffee machines should be tuned better. To be honest, coffee is awful - capuchino taste is too sharp.

Great location: close to the city center but not so noisy; Clean and comfortable room; Friendly helpful personnel; Good breakfast and wi-fi.

Very good value for money, of course not the top hotel, but...

I understand that I did not book the top hotel. Stayed with the friend and we both had breakfast and did not pay much for hotel. So really won't be comparing about much.

Very good value for money, of course not the top hotel, but I am happy with what we got. Fair location, quiet at nights, within walking distance to centre. Very friendly staff!

Nice beds, breakfast and Staff.

Room without AC. Night was so hot I kept window open. I was awakened early morning by smell of burned oil and loud noises from below located kitchen. Shower cabin had moles on the walls ...

Nice beds, breakfast and Staff.

Really good

There were a lot of ants in the hotel room. This is the only thing I don't like about the room.

All the employees were so kind and helpfull. Hotel room and balcony were beautiful and also breakfast was good.

Nice place for budget trip, a lot of bars & coffees around

no AC and shared balcony with other room which means you may not feel comfortable with balcony door open all night long

Clean rooms, WiFi working without issues, very nice garden, snack and beverages available all time with reasonable prices (like in grocery shop) , you can even buy a bottle of vine at reception, a lot of space where you can set, relax, chat with people

Amazing location close to city center.

We'd prefee to have room with single double bed, but it was not an option in this hotel. Also pillows were not comfortable at all. But that's ok for short stay.

Amazing location close to city center. Very right thing is a private parking. Very clean and provides good breakfast.

The hotel is well located.

Room cleaning an issue initially. But this was resolved promptly by management.

The hotel is well located. It offers an excellent breakfast with a good mix of fruit, breads, hot and cold food, etc.

Fabulous stay, great people at the front desk. Value for money property

Only draw back that I saw as there is no AC or Fan. The day i landed was pretty warm and i was sweating. I am sure it could get much warmer during summer. Bath cubicle is quite small and i found it difficult.

The room was comfortable for a solo traveler. Getting around is a breeze. The location is very close to Metro Station, Tram and Bus. Old Town Square is 10 minutes walk from the hotel. The staff on the front desk is amazingly friendly and helpful. They have an answer for every question that you pose at them. Very well informed and always ready to help. The small little garden inside building is a plus. You can read a book, browse or just laze around. Breakfast was a good spread and quite healthy. Lots of variety for Veg and Non-veg. WIFI is pretty efficient which was quite helpful for me as I was doing some work as well. I will certainly recommend this place for people who are not expecting any frills attached to a STAR property. Cheers!! Happy travelling

I will never recommend this hotel @ return back!!!

Room cleaning service (toilet and sink were not cleaned at all) Towels were not changed Cleaning accessories (shower gel, etc) were not changed on time, been forced to ask them on the reception no fridge @ conditionier in the room Room was next to the person who was constantly smoking this kind of service is not worth for 53€

close underground station, cafes, pharmacy

Very good location and nice front desk staff. Breakfast is good . Cleanliness to be improved.

The hotel cleanliness could be improved and the room furnitures seem a bit outdated and cheap

The position of the hotel is not far from SchwedenPlatz and in a walking distance from all the city centre amenities.

Great location!

Our trip was in August and it is assumed that it is warm outside. The problem was because the room did not have a climate. This is just a suggestion for the hotel! When traveling on warm days it's nice to refresh yourself at least during sleep.

Location is great! The hotel has a garage and we traveled with motorcycles so it means a lot to us. The city center is close by. Friendly staff.

If you're just sleeping there, it doesn't need to be fancy

The whole property has a very institutional feel, as if it used to be a hospital or something similar. There is not much in the way of decor. The hallways are extremely claustrophobic and have a peculiar smell that I couldn't place (no smell in the rooms, fortunately). Bathrooms are a bit spartan, but serviceable.

Really safe and clean, and a good value. Very large rooms. Close enough to the city center without being in a high traffic area or it being too loud. I wouldn't recommend this for a romantic trip to Vienna, but it works great as a place to sleep if you're going to be out sightseeing all day anyway. Breakfast was good.

Amazing breakfast!

well, a bit noisy...thats strange, cause this hotel is located in the little street, in the quite area but you hear a noise from the street.

Amazing breakfast! thank you very much! Everything was so tasty and there was lot's of different food to try! about the room it's quite simple, but very good location, everything is nearby. Very nice staff, you feel as always welcome.

The hotel is located in a nice neighborhood by the river and...

The hotel is located in a nice neighborhood by the river and really close (15min walking distance) from the historic center. The staff is very friendly and the place is neat and tidy. Great breakfast as well!

Nice place to stay for a budget trip

The room was very narrow, I could hardly put my chair between the bed and the table. That it was under the roof made it even smaller

Very nice breakfast and friendly staff. Quite central but not in the very centre, so you can find not so much expensive food in the nearby restaurants and bistros

Nice place, good breakfast

No air-conditioning in the room.

Nice location in a quiet district of the city, near the river Danube, very polite and helpful personnel. Wonderful garden in the centre of the city. Breakfast was very delicious and various. The room was clean and quiet.

The hotel is very good located to visit Vienna.

The rooms get very warm in the summer.

The hotel is very good located to visit Vienna. The rooms are spacious, the breakfast is variate, but nothing special. Good Wifi. There is a garage in the basement, where you can park your car (reservation needed).

Good value place with decent breakfasts.

It was too hot in the room, fan didn't help much. Floor wasn't clean , but they cleaned it after my request. In general it was comfortable room (allyouneed)

Breakfasts are very good, decent choice of good food and outdoor tables are available. Location is convenient : walking distance to city center, to metro, to Tel Aviv beach, to market.

Close to the center.

It was very hot in the room, so we had to open the window. Then in 7:00 sharp workers started some construction work outside.

Close to the center. Friendly personnel. Comfortable underground parking.

Central location but be careful if you come by car.

The room had no air conditioning and no fridge. Although they do have their own parking, no place was available and we were offered the option to buy from the hotel cheap parking tickets in a nearby garage. We got as "bonus" a parking fine (36 eur) for parking over 15 minutes in front of the hotel, in a "kurtz park zone".

The inner garden was a nice place.

good position and clean

the things that I didn't like were: staff is not very customer service oriented, the fact that they don't have air conditioner and it was 36 degrees... also the fact that you have to guarantee with money when you burrow an iron for eg. the fact that after 11 there is no reception and if you have something in their fridge you can't have access

I like it because it was very clean and tiny, also the room had a balcony, the terase on the ground floor also lovely, ideal for breakfast and late night glass of wine

They did not have in the description that rooms do not have...

They did not have in the description that rooms do not have air conditioning system (A/C). However, we booked for 4-day/3nights and stay just one because we cancelled without any charge.

Good Location & Value for money

-The room was hot During summer days, but sure they lend to us a fan. -No fridge in the room. -The beds were so noisy. -There was no mirror in our room!!

-The reception staff so nice, friendly and helpful. -The location is in a walking distance from city center. -Close to the Danube channel. -The garden is cozy and so great especially during breakfast time.

Sauna, not a place to sleep

No air condition! we had a room at the top floor and it was much too hot! with the windows open it was too noisy, with the windows closed it was sauna, even with a fan. we could not sleep. Ultimately we paid for sauna and breakfast, not for a hotel where to sleep overnight

central

Comfortable, affordable hotel with delicious food and friendly staff

The room is very cozy and comfy, but i think if the tv was hung or put in any other place other than the table, it would be more comfortable, also there was no mirrors in side the room itself except for a small one inside the wardrobe, also a sewing kit is a lso essential i guess.

The breakfast was very delicious with a wide variety, also the breakfast terrace is very nice though it was raining so we didn't get to enjoy it that much.

Hotel has a great location with easy access to main street,...

Hotel has a great location with easy access to main street, additionally there is a nice garden behind the hotel where you can have a relaxing time after exploring city.

hotel near the center

The room is very small No AC and the windows are locked No iron in the room

Location is very near to the center wifi is perfect breakfast is very good Taking breakfast in the garden is really amazing The staff is really friendly. provided me with the map and the tour locations.also arranged for transportation.

We enjoyed it

The room doens´t have AC or fan.

The breakfast was amazing, they have a lot of options: different types of bread, a lot of fruit, coffee, juices, jams, cheese, ham, the croissants are really good! The check in was really quick and in the end you get a cookie. There are soap and shampoo and 2 towels for each person. The staff is really nice. We arrived early in Vienna, so they allowed us to keep our luggage in the luggage room before the check in.

Really is all you need.

Was a bit noisy in the lower floor, when I had to have the window open, gets stuffy in the rooms, seems to be a common thing in Europe, wonder why they don't at least provide a fan.

Simple, clean, breakfast was pretty good too.

The location of the hotel is near to the city centre what is...

There could be better equipment in the room. We had a feeling that we were staying at the dorm. On the other hand when you spend a lot of time outside in the city, it is good.

The location of the hotel is near to the city centre what is good and you can go on foot there. Breakfast was just amazing - it was fresh and tasty. The stuff was very friendly and helpful.

Good choice

I was in the single room and I can not really fault - I had everything was I needed. + excellent breakfast + 15 min. walk to the metro station + 3 min. walk to the Danube riverside

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Breakfast and location

Breakfast and location

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

One-night hotel off the city centre

Size of bed; Status and style of bathroom.

Breakfast (buffet).

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

i like everything, hotel room, stuff, place.

i like everything, hotel room, stuff, place...

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Nice, simple no frills hotel with good breakfast

For the value, the breakfast is consider good. Staff is friendly.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Nice, clean and perfect, good locatio

Everything is perfect when you are at this hotel Extremely recommend

Hospitality

There is not balcony in the room for smoke.

Hospitality Clean King breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Very good location

Very good location Our credit card was problem but they keep our reservation and that was great for us,thank you very much vienna2.

Browse AllYouNeed Hotel Vienna2 traveller photo gallery