Reviews of Adina Apartment Hotel Coogee Sydney 4 stars

#68 of 250 Holiday rentals in Sydney

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Okay.
    • Studio Apartment

Didn’t like the awful noise due to renovation. Had to shout to talk to each other. Needed to be more specific about the level of noise from 9-5 each day.

Loved the location, apartment and the facilities.

The rooms were nice and roomy.
    • One-Bedroom King Apartment

Our room was set back looking over a pergola, would have preferred to be over the street. Also we were trapped in the lift for 15 minutes with little concern by the staff. The emergency button didn’t work, but fortunately I had a mobile that worked in the lift, or we would have been stuck much longer.

The rooms were nice and roomy. Very clean and the location was great for the price.

Good location in Coogee
    • Studio Apartment

Room was a little tired and dated. Could have been cleaner, particularly in the bathroom and laundry area.

Easy checking in. Room was a reasonable size. Hotel location was perfect for us, it’s central in Coogee close to the beach and in the shopping / restaurant area.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

I have stayed many times here as it is a great location with friendly staff and good facilities
    • Studio Apartment

The unit a little dark during the day

Great location, very clean with good space and comfortable The unit I stayed in was self contained, so good for those who wish to cook all their own meals and do own laundry as it was set up for this

Probably wouldn't stay again but suited our purpose for short stay.
    • King Studio

Room was shabby needs a refurbish. Toilet didn't flush properly kept going. Shower grouting was mouldy. Lighting poor and difficult to read. TV not tuned properly and limited channels compared to normal free to air. No security 'eye' on door. Some tourists banged on door who were not happy bit confronting.

Location was great. Near cafe's and beach. Bed was comfy.

Large comfy bed
    • King Studio

Shower head is in a ridiculous position where to get under the water you are basically pressed up against the wall/mixer tap, bit dark in bathroom. $25/day parking fee

Large comfy bed

Large comfortable self contained one bedroom apartment.
    • One-Bedroom King Apartment

Handy for outpatient medical services at Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick. Spacious and comfortable , also close to large variety of shops and beach.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Great location. The room was tired, and needs updating
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

Our 2br apartment was a little tired and grubby. Rusty shower door fitting, leaky shower head, flat batteries in tv remote control, chipped glass, full ashtray and ladies underwear on the ground left on our balcony. When the room was "serviced" it was poorly done. The place just wasn't clean.

The location was fantastic, as were the staff

Nowhere to sit except on the bed
    • Studio Apartment

Nowhere to sit except on the bed Told room service to come back in 10-15 mins, didn’t come back at all It was cold and the aircon didn’t work. I reported it but nothing happened

Comfortable overnight stay.
    • King Studio

Tricky to find a parking spot to check in. Parking spot for guess must be easily accessible and notified for new guess. Surrounding public parking spots are all full. and Beware of the Council parking officers, they are patrolling the streets and giving out infringement tickets. READ carefully all the parking spots surrounding before parking your car to check in the apartment

Comfortable overnight stay. Close to Coogee beach and lots of nice cafes / restaurants surrounding.

Friendly, helpful staff.
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

Could do with a little more attendance to maintenance. Light did not work in Sauna but was fixed when I reported it. Bedroom side-light was very loose and kept flickering. Rooms were made up but no tea bags or toiletries replaced for two days. I got some more as soon as I asked at the front desk. TV was not good quality ( a lot of interference).

Friendly, helpful staff. Good location, nice pool with sauna. Free Wi-Fi worked well at reasonable speed.

Loved the cleanliness. Sheets smelt so clean. Bigger tgan expected. Pool and sauna was a bonus.
    • King Studio

Not letting me know that extra charges applied for parking. They could have told me at checkin instead of stinging me at checkout. You don’t know unless you click on the parking link on the app that extra charges are applicable.

Make sure you understand that parking is offered but is not free or included in the price. Loved the place but was not happy they did not tell me there were extra charges for parking until I checked out.

Unfortunately average for Coogee.
    • King Studio

The room smelt like smoke when we walked in, the toilet ran constantly and the bathroom grout was mouldy. There were also problems with the auto door and card entry. Disappointing for Coogee.

Overall it was a pleasant stay
    • Studio Apartment

We had an old doona on our bed that had seen its days and should not have been put on the bed. I asked to have it changed and they did replace it with a stained one and didn’t even make up the bed for us

Comfortable bed and close to everything

Overall a great stay.
    • King Studio

Parking spaces are too tight for medium to large vehicles. The blinds didn't work in the lounge area which was an issue for privacy and also when the sun shone in the mornings.

Great location and view. Apartment is spacious and has excellent facilities, particularly for families.

Fantastic location, very clean and comfortable, short walk to the beach and cafes. Excellent.
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

The apartment was two bedroom with ensuite, lounge, kitchen and dining room. It was right across the road from Woolworths and a short walk to cafes and the beach.

It was fine. 😃
    • One-Bedroom Queen Apartment

Neither of the televisions worked properly, very disappointing.. Having to walk through a not covered in area to get to your room, (it was cold and wet).

Like the location. Staff helpful and pleasant.

Nice accommodation for short term stays
    • King Studio

Paying $25 for parking as a guest we found rather odd. We travel quiet a bit and have never been charged extra for guest parking. Had we had known, we could have just parked in the "visitor" parking.

We had a family emergency so unfortunately had to check out 3 hours after checking in. In overall, everything was good.

overall a good stay
    • King Studio

The service as far as cleaning was not wonderful although for a 5 night stay did not bother me. We did bring it to the attention of the manager who was pleased for the feedback and said he would look into it. There is no hotel lobby with coffee shop and the pool is located in the basement

The location is fantastic. Right next to coffee shops and restaurants. Approx 2 short blocks from the beach. They have different rooms and when I booked this time I'm not sure I payed much less but got a much smaller room that was a bit dark, but neverthekess I would definately stay there again. There is a laundry room and a kitchenette which is handy. The linen and the beds are really comfortable.

I love the location
    • Studio Apartment

shower needed a bit of attention - cleaning of grout and corners families with young children need to be given rooms away from the noise of the main road decks at the rear of the building can do with a clean - leaves etc

staff were friendly and responsive to requests and queries location is great room and facilities provided are great

Location was great.
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

It was filthy. Paid extra for a balcony room which had a balcony that was so filthy you couldn’t even go out on to it. Apartment very dated and very grotty. $25 a night for parking is ludicrous when you already pay so much to stay.

Location was great.

Staff where great.
    • King Studio

we booked a room advertised with a king sized bed. It was two single beds pushed together. Not comfortable. we sank in the middle. Also balcony could not use it. Air con unit in the way.

Staff where great. Room clean. . .

Good
    • One-Bedroom King Apartment

We ordered a cot for our baby. The cot had no mattress. It was a plank of wood on the base. We had to use the lounge cushions and place them in the bottom for her to sleep.

The location was perfect and the room very large

• Two-Bedroom King Apartment

The housekeeping left a lot to be desired. We checked in to our first room after a long drive and my 3 year old needed to go to the toilet. My partner came out and said "the toilet isn't flushed and it smells like old man pee". The whole room was very poorly cleaned so we moved to the same kind of room on a different floor. There we were greeted by a dead cockroach, badly stained lounges and carpet, a wooden dining table with a glass top which was disgustingly dirty under the glass. In the kitchen they have this little caddy container which is meant to contain cleaning products but ours was filthy with some brown mystery gunge. After going to woolworths and buying some cleaning products we got our kids fed but I was pretty upset to spend the night before my daughter's surgery cleaning so I went downstairs and we were upgraded to a bigger room for the next day which was cleaner and more comfortable. The hotel is being renovated soon which will fix the stains on things but even in our much better room the showers were covered in mould and there was dried faeces near the toilet. I wiped bathroom surfaces and the cloth came back filthy. Our room had everything we needed. If it had been clean it would have been great.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the location was great. Thank you particularly to Kevin for his help.

Convenient pleasant location and accommodation.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Apartment

There is no real problem with the apartments. I've stayed there before, over a number of years.

Spacious apartment which was fully-equipped and well-maintained. Not cheap. Coogee is a great place to stay, not far from the airport, and makes a change from the city. Good bus connections from the city to Coogee.

Perfect location good accessibility
    • King Studio

Bit pricey but I guess it’s because it’s a prime location

Fantastic location very short walk to the beach and cafes/ restaurants, but quiet and cool as soon as you enter the lovely reception. Great accessibility for wheelchairs too with level entrances and a lift to all floors. Nice receptionist very knowledgeable told us how to get to great shopping centre on the bus and also booked us taxis.

Uncomfortable stay because of all the things wrong with the room
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

One of the beds got wet from a leaking A/C Ants in the kitchen Had to ask for adequate remotes for all the equipment Some of the switches around the place looked dodgy The fridge had minimal storage

The location was the best quality

Comfortable beds for adults but terribly uncomfortable...
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

Aircon didn’t work, even after staff reported they fixed it. Staff didn’t call the correct cab as asked and meant we were late for our flight. No assistance to get baggage to rooms even with a child

Comfortable beds for adults but terribly uncomfortable portacot for my 9 month old. Great size apartment, great bath

The reception staff were cheerful and willing to help.
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

The reception staff were cheerful and willing to help. One of the gentlemen from New Zealand saw my daughter carrying a violin and chatted with us about his violin learning when he was a kid. The property is a short walk from the Coogee beach and playground. Supermarkets right opposite. Lots of restaurants. A nice neighbourhood. We stayed in a two bedroom apt with a nice balcony. We were on the 2/F but still got some sunshine into the apartment. Parking was convenient (at a charge, which is common in Sydney).

Not and experience I would like to have again.
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

Air conditioners x 3 didn’t cool. Alerted staff but no change/not fixed. Televisions poor. Remote controls missing batteries. Windows and exterior doors hard to open (had to open cause air conditioning wasn’t working), and had no security screens in a ground floor unit. Had to shut them more often than open them. Inadequate kitchen cleaning supplies. Whole apartment needs a good clean. Grubby carpet, couches smell and have visible stains on them.

Beds were comfortable

Good value. Terrible free WiFi.
    • Studio Apartment

Free WiFi is the worst you could ever ask. 1MBPS. They try to force you to buy their WiFi packages because it’s that bad.

Location was great. Staff were helpful.

Beautiful, peaceful, great parking. Easy location to find and wonderful location. Clean
    • One-Bedroom Queen Apartment

Outside of our room the hotel block was hot!!! No air con in the hallways. However, the hotel is all about the environment so I understand they were being eco friendly

The bed was so comfortable. The room was bigger then we thought. Two air con units. Perfect for a weekend getaway

Close to everything, but distant enough to have a quiet night to rest.
    • Studio Apartment

The only thing I would have liked to have in the room was a safe box; however, when I needed it I left my valuables with the reception staff. Car park is a bit pricey: $25.00 a day.

Very friendly hosts who met all our requests. Great surroundings - close to nice restaurants and to the beach. The area is packed with life - great atmosphere. We'll definitely return to this place soon.

We were there for my son's wedding - very convenient to its location.
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

My son left a white shirt on the bed. Staff were very helpful when I rang the next day to enquirer if it had been found. They were able to locate it and rang early the next day as promised to say it had been found.

Enjoyed my stay immensely.
    • King Studio

There really wasn't anything I didn't like.

Great location, friendly staff, very good facilities. Have stayed there before and will do again. Won't hesitate to recommend it to others. Thanks

The location is amazing and so close to everything.
    • One-Bedroom King Apartment

The rooms are quite dated the furniture in there needs a update and it’s very noisy. You can hear a lot from all the other rooms.

The location is amazing and so close to everything.

Pretty good. Handy to all amenities.
    • Studio Apartment

Air conditioner was hard to figure out how to work....couldn't get it going. Maybe written or diagramatic instructions would have helped.

Staff. Location.

Comfortable but not really value for money
    • One-Bedroom King Apartment

Having to pay for parking when i was already paying a lot for the accommodation. When I questioned the receptionist about the price for parking been different in the guest info ($18)compared to What I was told at the reception ($25) they still expected me to pay the dearer. The guest information should of been updated prior to rate increase.

The room was clean and comfortable.

Ok, but not worth the money
    • One-Bedroom King Apartment

The wifi was appalling, calling it free and then trying to charge extra for a decent connection is really annoying. The furniture was a bit grubby in the living area - dubious stains don't encourage me to spend time in the space. The outside balcony was basically an alleyway between two buildings. I was looking forward to the pool area but the water was really cold and the area had ants crawling up the wall. Sorry Adina, you could do so much better.

The full kitchen set up was very welcome and allowed us to eat in on an occasion. The bed was really comfortable and the shower, powerful and hot. Access to a washing machine and dryer was also really useful during our ten days at the Adina.

Excellent except for the NOISY drilling.
    • King Studio

On Monday morning there was VERY LOUD drilling in a nearby room. This was terrible for us as we had had two late nights and were looking forward to sleeping in. This was impossible and disappointing. I made a complaint to the front counter.

The room was comfortable and a good location.

A good location to stay, way over priced for what’s on offer.
    • King Studio

Decor is slightly tired, the TV was very old and dated and pretty rubbish to be fair, in this day and age wi fi should be much better too . Also a good deep clean wouldn’t hurt in the rooms. The air con was not pleasant! When it worked!

Very comfortable bed and a fantastic location, staff were very pleasant and tried to assist wherever possible

Adina apartment in Coogee - disappointing
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

The apartment was not clean when we arrived - we had to clean all.of the surfaces as it was quite grubby. Stained carpet did not give a good impression on arrival and the furniture was very old and basic. Considering the cost of the apartment I expected it to be a better standard.

Location was good - just a short walk to the seafront at Coogee. Also the size of the apartment was good.

I will not go back there
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Apartment

There was no cleanliness in the apartment. The furnitures were old and runner down. The dryer would not work. There were spiders and cockroaches in the room. We really did not exclect this in Adina. Also our room was not cleaned properly everyday. A cockroach lay on the carpet for 2 days

Beds are comfortable
    • One-Bedroom Queen Apartment

Really disappointed about what happened. We checked in late on Sunday and we checked out on Monday at 1pm as we had a big flight and they charged me 60$ extra for “ late check out “ without having the knowledge of it.

Beds are comfortable

1st class
    • Studio Apartment

I especially was delighted with the young lady who checked is in she was more helpful and one of the most helpful I've come across and i travel quite a lot. Unfortunately I'm not good with remembering names.

We loved every second of our one night stay
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

It’s nothing major but my husband wanted Foxtel sports

I loved the Location, the apartment itself, the staff, the lady that check us in and Kevin was really helpful

Visit to watch cricket.
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

Some of the soft furnishings are worn and quite stained.

he check in experience was great and staff exceptionally helpful and friendly. It is so handy to so many things and beach and walk to Bondi on your doorstep.

amazing stay, close to beach, restaurants, shops - spent the whole day very relaxing
    • One-Bedroom Queen Apartment

the aircon was amazing compared to most places! the room was a decent size, had all the kitchen utensils needed, we were on the bottom level and had a courtyard which was different. nice place to stay - has parking onsite aswell which was very convenient

The personal attention was great. Our granddaughter was ill so Kevin volunteered to give her movies
    • Studio Apartment

The air conditioning in our room didn’t work, it was an uncomfortable hot night. They brought a fan which didn’t help much but changed our room the following day.

The staff were really good, especially Kevin and Effie.

Location was great, and half price room made it good value
    • Studio Apartment

Thin walls and dated furniture and showers. Little things like sticky tape used to hold batteries in the remote control.

Location was great, and half price room made it good value

Great location but apartments need desperate upgrades
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

The apartment was full of mould, the cleaners who were meant to service the room only pulled up the beds. The apartment was spider and bug infested. There was minimal parking but you had to pay for parking anyway. The place is dated and definitely needs an upgrade.

The apartment size was good. It’s in a perfect location for families who have members in hospital and walking distance to the beach and excellent Restuarants.

Amazing location if you can overlook the other.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Apartment

Starting to age a bit and cleanliness is a bit ordinary. There were drink stains on the wall, a dead spider who’d been there a while and parts of the carpet that haven’t been vacuumed in a very long time.

Fantastic location. Close to shops, beach, supermarket, restaurants - perfect!

Nice hotel close to a very nice beach
    • One-Bedroom King Apartment

Everything went really well - can't find any negatives.

This was a pleasant, comfortable apartment with all the facilities one needs for a short or long stay. We asked for a quiet apartment and were allocated one on the second floor at the back which was great. Hotel is 300 metres up the hill from Coogee Beach with the majority of eateries, and Maloneys Supermarket, between the hotel and beach. A really comfortable place to stay in a really nice location.

Clean & easy with friendly staff
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment - Interconnecting

Pool was cold & boring.... fly screens in the room needed a clean but this really was the only dirty thing - it was very clean apart from this. Would have been nice to have a mini bar service with snack etc....

Staff extremely friendly and attentive Air con fantastic

We have stayed here several times without a problem, so was a little dissappointed on this occasion,
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Apartment

Fridge wasnt working and we didnt know till next day when our food was off. Sliding door to balcony was broken. When reception was told they did send repair man up straight away to fix.Main bathroom had mould.

Great location. Good gym and pool facilities.

Location close to beach, plenty of options for food to eat -...
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

Location close to beach, plenty of options for food to eat - self cook, go out to eat or get a take away. Comfortable beds in air conditioned rooms. Great to have laundry included in the room to wash our beach gear and dry it all for the next beach trip.

Great location, comfortable rooms
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment - Interconnecting

The room is a little dated, and need repairs in some areas. The pillows were hard and as there were no others in the room, it was a little difficult to sleep. There is no security lock on the balcony sliding door.

Great hotel with excellent facilities. The kitchen, bedroom and bathroom were very clean, practical and functional. The Hotel is very close to all facilities, such as restaurants, supermarkets and all essential shops needed. Close to public transport and most importantly Coogee Beach

Fabulous location with a clean, spacious apartment near beach and cafes!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Apartment

Not sure what the clunking sound was above our bedroom?? But thankfully it didn't go for too long. Maybe it was an upstairs dryer??

The ground floor (no steps! yay!) one bedroom apartment had a spacious lounge area to relax in and to eat at the dining table. Great location to beach and cafes!!! All features of the apartment were modern, clean and in working order!

Excellent modern hotel close to Coogee beach

Everything was excellent

I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff were professional and friendly the room was well appointed with balcony. The location was excellent and close to transport and beach as well as many fine restaurants.

A very nice place to stay for a family of 4.
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

No block-out curtains in the living areas made it uncomfortable in the afternoons due to the western sun beating through. Also privacy might be an issue at night for some.

The size of the apartment was excellent for our family. Although we found a (strange) issue with one of the two toilets, the staff were on to it immediately and even offered to relocate us to another apartment if we wanted. We didn't need to move for such a small problem.

Clean, comfortable apartment surrounded by restaurants and walking distance from beach.
    • One-Bedroom King Apartment

Beautiful property surrounded by restaurants and within walking distance of the gorgeous Coogee Beach. Large apartment, comfortable bed, and I loved the kitchenette. Would recommend and would stay in again.

It was good location but clearly needs updating on major scale
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

The cooking fat smell through vents in the ensuite, cockroaches in kitchen, tv needs updating and settee is all bobbled and stained.

Comfy bed, aircon a must

Ok stay. Would have liked to have had a good nights sleep. I would request a higher floor next time.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Apartment

My room was on the ground floor. (Room 1,) i was woken up ion several occasions . (Loud conversations enhanced my tiled floors. Made the area out side my door very noisy.

Clean comfortable rooms.

Great position and staff - but a little tired
    • One-Bedroom King Apartment

The one-bedroom apartment that we had was tired. The bathroom and kitchen need renovation. It could have been cleaner and felt more comfortable if the couch didn't have significant stains on the material.

The staff were excellent. They were helpful and polite. The location is great. It is an easy walk to the beach, public transport and to a range of cafes and coffee shops.

Overall good. However some investment needed to lift hotel’s amenity.
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 20+ years. Facility is starting to show age. On this visit the a dishwasher malfunction was fixed on first day but re-occured on next use. Bathroom linen showing age - getting very thin and small. Smell of cigarette smoke prevalent.

Location fantastic. Staff responsive and helpful.

Wonderful place, Friendly staff , close to the beach :)
    • Studio Apartment

The toilet in the bathroom was in a very odd spot , could of been in a better position with more space to access the toilet paper holder. the tv mount on the wall is off centre and not able to be moved,it's very high so tv can appear darker if laying on the bed because of it's high positioning on the wall.

Room was comfy staff were amazing and very helpful, lovely shops nearby and very close to the beach only 2mins walk. Very spacious room.

Perfect location.
    • King Studio

Great location, stroll to beach, cafes and nightlife. Pool, gym & sauna were handy too. Staff were friendly, easy checkin & check out service and bonus with undercover parking.

Short overnight stay near Coogee Beach
    • One-Bedroom Queen Apartment

Lounge covering was dirty and shower itself is very small.

Wonderfull welcome upon arrival and easy access (room1). Well located to Coogee Beach and everything that goes with it. Older hotel with a relaxed feel which is nice. Apartment had everything needed and underground parking is convenient and reasonably priced for the area.

great location and accessibility but price is expensive and almost same as 4-5 star hotel pricing
    • King Studio

Bathroom was not cleaned properly, there was lots of dirt from the shower door. Shampoo, conditioners and milk all not restocked each day. We called for milk to be delivered, after 25Min called again and was almost an hour to be delivered to room. Shower pressure was terrible at peak times.

Good location.

Was great for what we needed, would have no issue staying for a longer stay.
    • Two-Bedroom King Apartment

Staff were very friendly, even letting my kids feed the fish in the pond. We were only there overnight so we weren't able to use all the facilities, which was a bit of a disappointment as the balcony in the 3rd floor departments looked really nice. Very easy walk to the cafe's of Coogee.

Staff were super friendly, room was comfortable, location is...
    • One-Bedroom Queen Apartment

WiFi seems like a remnant of the mid 2000's, newer hotels offer free WiFi at better speeds for the duration of the stay, not having to sign in daily and not having to pay for faster speed. The dead cockroach outside my door was removed on the 3rd day of my stay

Staff were super friendly, room was comfortable, location is superb, lots of local eateries to choose from, supermarket across the road, beach and walking tracks at the end of Coogee Bay Rd

Coogee.
    • One-Bedroom King Apartment

Equipment and fittings a little old, due for a refurb, e.g. the TV sets.

Large apartments, well-equipped. 24 hour reception. Close to the centre of Coogee.

Nice apartment in a great location close to Coogee Beach
    • Studio Apartment

Rather noisy at times from aircraft and revving traffic.

Nice apartment in a great location close to Coogee Beach. Friendly, helpful staff. Good Wi-Fi.

A terrific place to stay
    • Studio Apartment

The staff were so friendly and helpful. The pool is wonderful. The location is terrific - as well as being so close to everything Coogee has to offer there is a handy supermarket and newsagent across the road. The hotel has a fantastic option for families and groups travelling together - adjoining rooms that have their own vestibule with a separate door - so children don't have to go out in the hall to access their parent's room and parents can close their bedroom door.

Very comfortable apartment in the heart of Coogee
    • One-Bedroom Queen Apartment

We had a lovely stay at Adina Apartments Coogee. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the room was a good size and had everything we needed including a cot for our baby. We were within walking distance to the beach and lots of great cafes. I highly recommend for families.