Reviews of Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Central 4.5 stars

2 Lee Street, Sydney CBD, 2000 Sydney, Australia

#52 of 250 Holiday rentals in Sydney

NA

Adina apartments are so clean. The location is wonderful and the staff are so friendly. Nothing is a problem. Would highly recommend and l will stay again. My favourite place to stay in Sydney

• Studio Apartment

I think the pricing of the car parking was extortion. I was charged $39 to park there from 4pm till 1030am and it was on a ramp outside as part of the Central Station, next to the backpackers accommodation with signs up everywhere "park at your own risk". Besides being a ridiculously price, I would have thought I'd be offered underground/undercover parking.

location was good, premises was clean and tidy.

• Premier One-Bedroom Loft Apartment

This was our second stay. The location is perfect for using public transport and is a short walk to China Town. The apartment is comfortable with excellent facilities. The price was great value considering the booking was for the June long weekend. Staff are friendly and attentive. We will stay again!!

• Studio Apartment

The entrance of the hotel is a bit impersonal - there is no place like a bar: you have to go out for that. So it's either onto the streets or in your room, which in my case was not bad, but some other guests had smaller rooms, which would make it a bit claustrophobic.

The room I got at Adina would have been good for an entire family, which felt extremely luxurious, with all facilities you would find at home. The bed was really comfortable. The site is right next to Sydney Central station, at walking distance from the university, Darling Harbour and the lively neighbourhood around them. Adina has no breakfast facilities but there are two good places just around the corner, not too expensive too.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

It is not the best location for sightseeing some typical bits of Sydney (bridge, opera house etc), but the excellent value for money, ability to cook my own breakfast more than offset the uber charge.

Excellent location for quick Airport access. The hotel was clean, and modern, the staff were all great. I was surprised just how big my room was.

• Studio Apartment

The room we stayed in was really small, smaller than what we had expected of a studio apartment. It is actually smaller than hotel room! But the “kitchen” (which is just a small counter) was quite well equipped. And its convenient location made up for whatever it was lacking

Excellent location. We could access the attractions on foot and by train. 20 min ride to the airport

• Studio Apartment

Power points could be more accessible

Loved the full length mirrors View from window was great lifts were fast and easy to use. The best convenience to Central Station.

• Studio Apartment

The bathroom door rattled a few times during the night almost like someone was knocking on it.

The location was fantastic being so near to the Central Station, Chinatown, Pitt St Mall etc. It was very central.

• Studio Apartment

complimentary wifi is so slow as to be useless. shower over bath.

Spaciousness, quiet, windows, views, aesthetic, proximity to Central Station, and friendly helpful staff.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

It will be nice if they provided bottled water in the room and better lighting in the living and dining area.

Good location. Easily accessible from central station. Comfortable bed and firm pillows. Kitchen is well equipped.

• Studio Apartment

Well the room we were given was the most basic one they had and did not resemble what I thought I had booked. No shower over the bath. My friend likes to soak their sore knee in a bath. The Tv was quite small , no where to sit to watch Tv but on the bed. I paid $245 per night for a room I consider was worth about $170. I have been informed that if you book with Booking.com the hotel has the right to alter your booking.

• Premier One-Bedroom Loft Apartment

The wi-fi...drove me insane how slow and how often I had to re-connect. Had I not been traveling for business I likely wouldn't have minded as much. But given that my trips to Sydney are for work and I absolutely need reliable and decent speeds (faster than the 1mb) to do my work I unfortunately can't stay here again.

Great big and comfortable room. The loft style room made for a very relaxing stay. Having a kitchen and washer/dryer also made for a good balance between hotel and at home life, especially when traveling for work.

• Studio Apartment

Slow to respond to desk at 330am when we had to check out. Lady was asleep in her chair

Lady who checked us in was friendly and gave us an upgrade. Also, we got little pressures for our honeymoon- although note said wedding anniversary lol.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

BUT staff need more hospitality training. They tend to ignore you..NO smile! but not rude! Lacking welcoming body languages!

Great location, clean and nice. Good size room.

• Studio Apartment

The toilet paper was very cheap and disintegrated easily! Sorry to be trivial but it was a luxury hotel to us and the paper was very cheap. Parking a bit expensive but we had no choice as we had to park somewhere. Great place to stay otherwise!

Very comfy bed. Good facilities. Close to everything. Clean. Quiet. Usual street traffic but didn't hear it very much. Close to cafes and shops. Old World charm!

• Premier One-Bedroom Loft Apartment

I was disappointed by the size of the Loft Apartment - it was smaller than it appeared to be in the marketing photos.

Easy walk to Central Station and Chinatown.

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

Central air was a little noisey. We turned our air conditioning off but still the sound or air being pumped, I was OK with it but my wife had trouble sleeping. So guess its a personal thing

Position, So central and car parking a bonus.

• Studio Apartment

beautifully presented and friendly staff. upgrade was an unexpected but very welcome bonus. thank you. have stayed at several at central due to convenience of transport access however will be making this one a regular.

• Studio Apartment

The studio room was very small with no kitchen.

They moved me to a bigger room ans it was very nice. Personnel was awesome. They were very helpful about things in the area.

• Studio Apartment

electronic keys! I know most hotels have them these days, but once the cards get a bit old they don't work properly - which means you can get stuck in the lift trying to get the swipe card to work!

The upgrade to a larger apartment was appreciated! The location was excellent - right near Central, but you couldn't hear the trains! Great restaurant next door with charge-back option to the room made everything easy.

• Studio Apartment

I got an early check in , the staff are incredibly helpful. They upgraded my room to the loft one which had an amazing view ,and the kitchenette was so so so nice ! I was totally surprised when I saw the toaster machine . The bed and bathroom is clean and comfortable, every. The location is super good, just opposite to the bus stops and only 5mins to the train station. I recommend it to anyone who want to explore the city . It’s only 20mins to the airport and convenient to travel to any point in the city, better than just stay near to the airport with nothing surrounded. They have no breakfast but there are plenty of Cafe nearby or you can just prepare your simple breakfast in your kitchenette. I would say it really worth staying especially for families.

• Studio Apartment

Couldn't connect to the wifi. Included breakfast is just a $20 credit at the cafe nearby (average cafe). I think I had to pay more than $20 for the breakfast while booking and was certainly expecting the buffet for that kind of money.

Good quality bed and quiet room.

• Studio Apartment

The fire alarm went off twice on the first night of my stay which was a little unsettling. It turns out this was caused by someone cooking in their apartment. It seems you can't boil the jug or use the toaster in the kitchenette area where they are stored, according to a tiny typed note stuck to the wall above the power point. I can see how a guest would miss this note and do their 'cooking' in the designated kitchenette area, potentially setting off the alarm.

This hotel could not be more convenient, being situated adjacent to Central Station. It was very quiet and comfortable with very helpful staff. I expected more traffic noise, but the windows had multiple layers of glazing and I could only hear the faintest muffled traffic noise. I almost forgot I was right in the heart of the city! My luggage needed to be stored for my last day in Sydney and this was no problem at all for the staff.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We booked accommodation before and after a cruise. As the children had not been to Australia before, on the first leg we stayed at the Quay West Hotel by the Rocks. The view was fantastic , but the service and the quality of furniture was poor. It had only one working lift for all its guests and nothing was done to alleviate the long wait. The aAdina on the other hand was fantastic, from the superb reception staff when you walked in to the quality of the place. It sits on the Central rail and bus stations so is handy for everywhere. It will be my goto place for future Sydney visits

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Your staff need to learn English properly. Our daughter tried to phone us multiple times and her call was never put through to our room. She had issues with your foreign speaking staff who were very unhelpful. Only 1 young english girl was helpful to her

Room is comfy with plenty of space and equipment in the room was sadisfactory

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Gym is under-equipped and the motor on the treadmill I used was under-powered - it could only get up to about 9 kph. No access to pay movies in the bedroom where we wanted to watch them from.

Good room size and excellent city fringe location right next to Central startion, a major job station. Washing machine is a bonus and for us this trip was a must have. Relaxed about food deliveries - they just send them straight up.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The TV in the living area did not have good reception and is outdated. The picture is not clear.

The location is good easy access to public transport.

• Studio Apartment

I was travelling under difficult circumstances, so the convenient location to Central Station was a load off my mind. The upgraded room was an extra bonus.

• Studio Apartment

Window of the room was a bit small.

Service was excellent. Although there was only one person on the desk when we checked in she managed to serve two customers simultaneously with hardly a delay to either of us.

• Studio Apartment

The room was a bit on the drab side, not at all run down but the choice of colours and meaningless framed daubs of colour on the walls could do with brightening up. Nevertheless for comfort, convenience and value the hotel was great

Spacious one bedroom apartment with everything anyone would need. Comfortable furniture, and quiet! Right on Railway Square but we heard no traffic noise and internally the hotel was very quiet. Staff were friendly and gave us helpful directions. Wonderful location just a couple of minutes from Central Station. The delightful Spice Alley is only a few minutes walk, as is Paddys Market and Chinatown.

• Premier One-Bedroom Loft Apartment

Loved the loft, loved being close to Central Station (for going to SCG) and loved the view. Liked being within a walk of Darling harbour and Chinatown. Liked having parking available on site.

• Premier One-Bedroom Loft Apartment

Location spectacular and Great value for 💰 We stayed in one of the loft apartments and it was awesome 👏 just a shame it didn’t have a second bathroom downstairs but otherwise all was good, definitely be staying at the Adina again !!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Centrally located 2 mins walk from the main Sydney train station. Near to may shops and restaurants. The two bed apartment was spacious and comfortable.

Can't really find fault with it

Perfect location. Walking distance to the city. Central station its less than 5 min walk, so could get a train to any part of Sydney. Everything about our stay was easy. Parking was reasonably priced. Had a lovely stay.

• Studio Apartment

Apartment was very spacious and well laid out, also very clean. Large comfy bed and pillows and great location - just a couple minutes walk to Central Train Station. Plenty of eateries etc close by as well.

• Studio Apartment

The furniture is tired. The lounge is old and you sink way too far into it. The beds - even though it is a king size the mattress has never been turned and you sleep on the edge as there is a massive hill in the middle. Smokers at the entrance is not a great look or smell. Room service - I order it to reduce amount of plastic takeaway containers to find it arrives in plastic containers from the restaurant downstairs! Be aware

Spacious apartment in a great location. You cannot hear the city noise below despite being very close to central station and a busy intersection. It was clean.

• Studio Apartment

Kelsey on front desk at check in so lovely and helpful enjoyed our stay will definitely stay again and have recommended to our friends so close to central railway and light rail great location.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The parking was outside the front of the hotel & was $39 / a bit steep for no under cover!

Apartment was spacious and comfortable & close to central station, Capitol theatre, Haymarket & Central Park

• Studio Apartment

The TV didn't work very well which they did nothing about. Eventually it only had one channel we could watch and one volume which was too loud. Not a single other complaint.

The position is brilliant. It was really quiet even on a friday and Saturday night. The staff are pleasant without being obsequious. The pool area is an oasis in the middle of the city. Lots of shops to choose from nearby.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We had two rooms booked and we were in different floors 1 on level 3 and the other on level 6 the room keys didn’t work very well especially in the lift so this was a massive hassle when we were pretty time poor during the day having to be going up and down quickly.

Loved the rooms and the space everything was great in that regard.

• Studio Apartment

Upon checking in, I was upgraded to a loft up on the top floor. Now I know that this isn't guaranteed to happen to everyone, but it definitely increased the enjoyment (and value) of my stay. Great room and view.

• Studio Apartment

I was disappointed that I was given the wheelchair access apartment as this was totally unnecessary and no other was offered.

Convenient location as it so close to Central Station

• Premier One-Bedroom Loft Apartment

Good location.Although Adina serviced apartment is just right next to central station, the room is not noisy at all. We enjoyed our stay there, will definitely come back again.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

A few more items of cutlery/glasses/mugs etc would be useful but this wasn’t really a problem

The location is right next to central station. Perfect for getting around Sydney easily and from the airport. Only 3 stops from circular quay, the rocks and the opera house. Lots of cafes restaurants and shops nearby and 10 min walk to darling harbour. The room was more spacious than I expected and the kitchen well equipped. The living area was comfortable as were the beds.

• Studio Apartment

superb location- although hotel is located right near Central station, the room was quiet. The only noise was from the air conditioner. Staff very accommodating

I booked for a group (mostly family). I booked two two-bedroom apartments and one studio. All rooms were good, clean and comfortable, however the two two-bedroom apartments were not the same. One had only one bathroom and one had an extra ensuite. I think this needs to be advised when booking that they're different. It was unfortunate that the preferred group to get the ensuite were sadly not the recipients of this extra bathroom. Also, considering that my name was the group booker I think this would've been a courtesy that the check-in staff could have explained when we were all checking in together.

The location for our stay was perfectly located between the two destinations that we had to attend on our weekend stay. The staff were helpful in getting taxis for our large group. The beds were comfortable. It was also convenient that all three apartments booked were on the same floor.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The second bedroom was very poky with no windows, just an opaque glass door. The bathroom had a shower over bath and no non-slip coating or non-slip bathmat and I just don't think this should be allowed anymore.

We had a two bedroom apartment which was great value. We had a good view over the street which was great for people watching, and the lounge was a very comfortable space. Kitchen was well-equipped and everything worked.

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

Close proximity of the public transport. Helpful and courteous staff

Close to public transport. Staff are courteous and helpful. Decor, carpet etc could be improved. A designated smoking place would also help.

• Studio Apartment

We thought when we had breakfast included (although the food and coffee in the cafe was beautiful) that it meant fully paid. But they give you a $20 limit. It wasn’t the extra $15 it’s just that you presume it’s covered. For the $320 the room was small.

• Studio Apartment

Smoking area adjacent to swimming pool. It would be good if the pool area was made a non -smoking area.

Friendly and helpful staff, excellent position near Central Station, best swimming pool in this part of Sydney.

• Premier One-Bedroom Loft Apartment

Pool could have been heated as it said online and we had to ask reception every time to turn the spa on. Also room service seemed to be a burden to them when we phoned with staff saying it would take 20 mins and didn’t have half of the items we requested from the list and the prices were different. Mini bar should be in the room but we had to call to get it delivered.

Loved the loft apartment, swimming pool and spa all to ourselves and breakfast!

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

The couch was EXTREMELY uncomfortable to sit on.

The Adina appartment was very clean and spacious. The bedroom was large enough to set up a cot for my son.

All good. Nothing

Location next to Central Station and yet very serene and quiet in the apartment. The reception was very helpful to my guests visiting me while we were out. The breakfast is a very good deal to take up and you can buy on day to day basis. There is a airport shuttle service ($16/pax)that many hotels do not have as compared to airport Ready to go charges $22/pax. Apartment is very clean and room service everyday too. Walking distance to Chinatown, Paddy market, Darling Harbour...very centrally located from walking to taking transport.

• Studio Apartment

You charge a surcharge for credit card payment. I hate this, it smells of a scam. Charge everyone $0.50 more on their hotel room rate and you will more than cover it. this is exactly why we are having a royal commission into banking, the banks don't get it and neither do you! We were somewhat late checking in, your staff member wasn't sure where we could get a reasonable meal, they should know this!

• Premier One-Bedroom Loft Apartment

Shower head was too low my partner had to squat to wet his head. Pillows were horrible- red ones way to big then white ones were like you had no pillow at all.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

We arrived at 2pm and our room wasn't ready. Other customers were waiting there too. We had to wait for almost an hour to check in and the staff were not particularly apologetic or concerned about this delay.

The 1 bedroom apartment was excellent. We stay only one night, but it is perfect for 2-5 days stays. The location is very convenient to everything. The price was a bit high, as it was on the 2nd of January.

• Studio Apartment

Wifi was slow and for the price we paid for the apartment I wouldn’t expect to continually get harassed to pay more just to speed it up.

Staff were lovely and place was clean

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The bed room was ment to have two singles and a extra bed brought into the room, as we were on a short time frame it was not worth the hassle to complain.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Great location. The room was immaculate and the checking out n and out process was seemless. All the staff we met we attentive and provided great service.

shower in the bath

The room was big, clean and quiet and the location was excellent. Next to train station and a lot of nice restaurants for breakfast or diner in the neighborhood.

• Premier One-Bedroom Loft Apartment

The bed was very uncomfortable, very hard. The pillows were flat and terrible, even after I requested a new one I got another dud. (That’s 4 shocking pillows) I couldn’t wait to get home to my own bed. Maybe take your own pillows? There was no instructions on finding the place and where to park, which was not the worst but I would have appreciated knowing what to look for because I was already stressed about driving on Sydney’s terrible streets, which are full of one ways and blocked roads atm. (You can pull into upper carriage lane, right beside the hotel and park outside reception before checking in and getting a pass for the boom gate) I was a bit disappointed with the room (87) as the balcony was part of the reason I chose this place, and I said in my request the I wanted a good view, but the lower floor of this loft has a big concrete thing covering the whole balcony to the top of the window! It’s part of the old building I guess, but I didn’t want to sit outside as it felt very claustrophobic, a very small narrow balcony completely blocked in by concrete!! I didn’t realise until a couple of days in looking for our room from the outside that this is the only room covered up that way, the others all have open balconies.

Right next door to central station which was very convenient. Located at the top of George street, which was good to walk down looking for food and pubs, but there isn’t a lot directly around the hotel. We walked most places, about 25 mins to darling Harbour and about an hour to Luna Park on the far side of the bridge.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Stayed in the two bedroom apartment - absolutely fantastic and can definitely recommend. Added bonus is the quaint eateries in Kensington around the corner.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Price! Accommodation and parking both were on the expensive side but we had heard that Sydney is an expensive City...

Great apartment in a lovely building right outside Sydney's Central Station. Convenient and comfortable. Apartment had everything we needed. Pool area was clean and well maintained. BBQ was also clean and staff very willing to provide utensils/sauce etc as needed! Would recommend

As above.....

Mezbah excellent, serivce and food no probems. We stayed 2 nights at Adina Wed and Thursday early Jan, then returned for the following Monday. First 2 nights very good, the Monday night stay problems...when booking made point of note made to Adina that my husband has a disablity resulting from a serious traffic accident, he walks with a stick and stairs can be awkward....first 2 nights level 4, final night - loft aprtment, lovely if he was more flexible...stairs to bed no good, shower in a bath dangerous to reach in and out of, plus severe leaking from bathroom ceiling, slippery floors, copius towels etc. All in all a shame, staff obviously senior level witnessed out arrival check in for the Monday and still allocated this room. Sorry it ended like this.

• Studio Apartment

It was quite noisy as the doors to the hotel rooms are very heavy and slam as they shut so oh can hear other guests coming and going frequently. It mentioned on the website that we had a sitting room for our room, which was incorrect. We had a desk with one chair so if we wanted to sit to eat we had to take it in turns. The kitchenette is tiny and you have to use the toaster or kettle on the desk to not set the smoke detector off.

The hotel location was good. Walking distance to Darking Harbour and Circular Quay. Located right next to central station, a short train trip away from the airport.

• Premier One-Bedroom Loft Apartment

not enough plates and there’s one day that no one took our garbage that we have to call them to get it for its full already.

pretty much we’re happy. walking distance to everything and it’s easy to figured out how we can go around the city. Thanks to google map. Our request for additional pillows and towels was attended to right away.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We didn’t spend much time in the room but when we did we were disappointed that the tv wasn’t very clear and the sound did not work well.

Having two bathrooms was great and being able to do our own washing was a bonus.

• Studio Apartment

Room was a little small. Quite a long walk to the centre of the city.

Bed was excellent. Quiet, despite being in a built up part of the city. Right next to central railway station.

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

Some equipment(TV, laundry machine, sofa) is a little bit old.

The room is large and comfortable. The location and the cleaning are perfect! In many apartment type hotels, there is no everyday cleaning. So, the accommodation fee is excellent.

• Studio Apartment

Bath over the shower difficult to manoeuvre but on questioning, staff informed me that I could request a walk in shower. Everything else great.

The room was dark early in the morning. The room very quiet given the location. The bed was comfortable. Plenty of room. Air con worked extremely well. Staff helpful and obliging. Plenty of great hot water in the shower. Within walking distance to Central Train Station.

• Studio Apartment

A second chair, as we both couldn't sit at the same time to eat breakfast. If staying for a few days ,I would get a 1 bed apartment rather than a studio.

We stayed so we could attend the test cricket at the scg.It is really close to central station and easy to get to everything. You can either get a bus to the SCG,but we walked each day.The room was very quiet with no noise from trains or traffic. We would stay there again.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Great place to stay. Close to train station with easy access to airport and city. Hop on hop off tour almost on the door step and easy walking distance (10 min ) to Pitt street mall. Short walk to supermarket and plenty of place to eat near by

• Premier One-Bedroom Loft Apartment

We didn’t have a view from our balcony as there was a facade in front of it

We stayed in the loft apartment it was a good size apartment and the bed was comfortable.

• Studio Apartment

The access to the bath is difficult for older people or those with mobility problems. Handrails and the availability of a step would help.

Very impressed, as was my sister and architect brother in law. Convenient, very clean and very safe.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Wasn't terribly impressed to catch a cockroach crawling out of the floor drain in the bathroom, the first evening we were there. The drain was also pretty disgusting and looked like it hadn't been cleaned out for a long time. Only 4 of each crockery/cutlery item so the dishwasher had to go on more often than necessary

Great location, comfy beds. Spacious apartment.

Browse Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Central traveller photo gallery