Reviews of Alassio Palm Cove 4 stars

139 Williams Esplanade, 4879 Palm Cove, Australia

#24 of 41 hotels in Palm Cove

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

No spa on the balcony which is why I originally booked the property, it would have been nice to be notified. No oven.

We had a three bedroom apartment, which was actually 3 separate rooms that interconnected so my 16 year old son had his own apartment which he thought was great! Location was great, beach was right on our doorstep, pool was great too. Free wifi worked great!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

The wifi was poor - which I really didn't mind as we were there to get away from it all. If you are elderly, ask for ground floor rooms as there is not lift.

The beds were comfy and the bonus was the separate bedroom and bathroom for the kids. Pool was great. The location was perfect for us as our friends were across the road in the caravan park - this was the best place to stay.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Very disappointed that the spa was broken. The reception informed me that all of them were broken but on the site the room was advertised as having a spa and that's why I booked there. Felt short changed by this deception.

Bed was comfy and we were right next to the pool. Only a short walk to the beach and the netted swimming area.

• Studio with Pool View

I didn't like the two single beds you had to push together. Couldn't sleep as we kept rolling into the gap in between 😞 And I didn't bring shampoo and conditioner because everywhere we have stayed in the past has always supplied. And no bubbles for the spa. Small complaints. I'm pregnant and melting from the heat so I'm a bit whingy🙈

• Studio with Pool View

Wow, what an unpleasant experience. After travelling, a nice Christmas 10mins from home with family should have been a relaxing time. Right from check in, booking errors and confused staff meant we didn't receive the correct rooms. A booking error on their part led to us not accessing what we paid for. The property is very unprofessionally managed, they have accused us of lying and we have even received an email about us, obviously meant to be sent internally. Palm Cove is amazing, but avoid this property.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

There was no oven or washing machine in the apartment, the aircon was extremely loud and the spa never got warm enough to get in.

The pool was right outside our door.

• Studio with Pool View

The location was excellent within walking distance from everything. The facility was excellent..lovely rooms. Great rooms great locotion wkll stay again.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Incredible location. Very clean and spacious apartments. A little dated but only in relation to the colours do who cares! Sooo awesome! Great coffee shop out the front. Beautiful pool. I'm seriously coming back in 6 months.

• Studio with Pool View

We did have an issue with the shower . It was a shower over the bath but when we turned water on the shower fell off holder and it sprayed everywhere and ended up covering the bathroom walls and floor.

Very good location. Just across from the beach and the lifeguards.

• Studio with Pool View

Studio apartment had no windows which made it pretty dark and unappealing but was good for sleeping. Beds were quite comfy. Fitout is very early 90's and needs an upgrade. Floor and spa were not particularly clean. Swimming pool was very enjoyable with salt water and a great temperature. Location is excellent. Good to have parking underneath. Didn't realise reception would be closed when we arrived and panicked until we found an unlocked box holding our key - could have received some instructions in this respect. If we had arrived at night we might not have seen the box.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

You had to hold down the toilet flush for some time before it would adequately flush. When I was checking out I waited 15 mins for the staff at reception but they still didn't arrive - I had to go to my shuttle bus.

The room was lovely overlooking the pool. Easy access to cafes , beach etc LOVED the spa!

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Linda the Manager has a bad attitude, first day we arrived we saw her about the spa not being filled even though email request was sent month ago, wanted to argue never received it, I showed her copy. Poor communication as I sent a request through booking.com, never answered. I asked for the spa to be filled she said, can't guarantee it as it is the weekend, her husband filled it, but complained about it. Not a very first impression. Need to be more friendly towards guests. I asked her for something and she rolled her eyes at me. She also owns the boutique in front of resort, seems to be more focused on that, than Alassio, lucky though as if she was front of staff all the time, would loose a lot of customers. Rooftop spa needs a sign in front of the stairs not behind as did not realise there was a spa, didn't use it as it was cold, could have been warm at least. Towels not changed all week, although you could ask for more. Rooms are only serviced if you stay longer than 7 days. Spa on balcony was set very high too hot to get in. There is a covered outdoor area which has a sink and a frypan, which could be better utilised with BBQ for guests to use as there was a table and chairs beside the pool. Nice change from eating out all the time. Other resorts in Palm cove offer BBQ areas with all cooking utensils, great for families or just a quiet night to eat and sit around the pool.

Spacious comfortable rooms, had a 2 bedroom apartment on ground floor, kitchen Good size and had all the necessary things for a short stay. walked right onto pool area. own deck chairs. Could not have got a better room. Large bathroom with 2 basins, bonus when you are with friends. Not having to fight for space. Very quiet, no street noise. Ideal location right on esplanade, great restaurants in walking distance. Coffee Haven in front has great coffee and good breakfasts. Pool area was fantastic and loved to sit all day and relax with water fountain was so peaceful. Pool is lit up of a night, nice touch. Secure underground parking, steps from carpark hard to carry cases up. Rooms were clean and pool area cleaned every day, thanks Sam and partner who were very friendly, always greeted us with a hello early in the morning. Loved waking up and walking across to the beach to watch the sunrise, pure paradise. Jocelyn the office lady was very friendly and helpful in booking tours, service with a smile. shame can't say the same about the Linda the Manager. Highly recommend Alassio as it was well maintained, pool area was our favourite. Will be back again.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Only booked this accomodation because of the hot tub on balcony overlooking the beach to then be called 3 days before we arrive and told it's not working. Offered a poolside room instead but we preferred to stay beachfront views no discount offered at all because of hot tub not working.

The view from beachfront room was amazing.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

It felt a bit rundown / dated in places and the rooms although cleaned for arrival they were a bit grubby in areas, the shower screen, the bath, apartment was dusty in places.... didn't like the cafe next door overlooking the pool, I felt a bit uncomfortable sunbathing when there's people next to you having lunch

Location. Shallow pool great for small kids, terrace was safe for kids. Rooms spacious and comfortable, perfect location. Staff were nice.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Room could have been ready when we arrived at 2pm as I had notified property we would be there at 2pm. More kitchen crockery etc, not just 2 plates. No plastic cups to take by pool. A bit of noise from nearby restaurants, but not too bad.

Bed and seating were comfortable, bathroom good. Cafes and food out front.

• Studio with Pool View

Located right over road from patrolled beach; beside cheap early-bird bacon and eggs; behind best coffee on the strip; start of a fabulous morning walk along the waterfront and among the great old melaleuca trees among which it is set.

• Studio with Pool View

There was some confusion about twin share at check- in, inspite of ringing the previous week but it all worked out in the end though.

Great location opposite the beach,and on days when it was windy on the beach the pool area was blissfully still and protected. I love having the flexibility of self catering even though we ate out a lot. Also loved the private spa on the verandah which look a while to warm up but was worth the wait!

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Bathroom not clean enough for my standards - sink holes were dirty (we cleaned them ourselves), grout in tiles needed cleaning, had to clean around the base of the toilet and around the base of the waste water pipe (this was black). Bedroom light did not work. The advertised free WiFi was non existent. Hot tub was not filled prior to arrival as stated - was done 6 days into our stay

Close to beach, shops & restaurants; on street of local bus route; rooms good size; good size outdoor pool

• Studio with Pool View

I believed I had booked a one bedroom apartment but was told on arrival I had booked a studio room (NO MENTION OF THIS IN MY BOOKING!) So had to pay $800 more for a one bedroom apartment which was moderately clean and had a leak in the bathroom (My husband is recovering from a cancer relapse and extensive chemotherapy so I could NOT have less than an apartment and would NEVER have considered a studio room!) We have stayed in Palm Cove on 3 previous occasions and had lovely accommodation- this was by far the worst- and the first and last time I will book through Booking.com. We arrived at 8.30am in Cairns and had rang a couple of days earlier to ask for early entry into the apartment -we were told lunchtime was the earliest! W eventually gained admission at 2.20pm! In the time we had to kill I was offered a MUCH nicer apartment at another complex for a much cheaper price but was told at Alassio that I would be liably for the FULL price of the studio apartment- I was willing to forfeit my depost but could not afford to pay the full price and then the price of the other apartment! We reported the very bad bathroom leak (a pool formed on the bathroom floor when anyone took a shower) Only to learn that previous occupants had also reported it but IT WAS TOO BIG A JOB TO DO WHEN THE APARTMENT WAS FULLY BOOKED!! My husband was in the shower on the first night when he discovered there was no soap- reception was closed so I had to run out to but some! I could go on but it would take too long! I

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

limited number of car parking spaces. If the place was full you didn't know when you went out for the day if you would have a place on your return. The hot water was only lukewarm.

Close to the beach, within easy walking distance of a variety of places to eat

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Staff were extremely helpful in providing assistance. Eg organising a rental car when planned rental company failed to provide vehicle. Staff were also very friendly, courteous and eager to help.

• Studio with Pool View

Parking under cover. Room overlooking very pretty pool and gardens. Right on the beachfront. Perfect for restaurants and shops. Loved it. We've stayed Palm Cove often. First time Alassio. Would stay here again

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

From photos of unit the spa bath rooms were private overlooking the beach. What we got was one by the pool with no privacy. It was school holidays so imagine what it was like.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

No dishwasher in the kitchen and no air conditioning in the main living areas. The Lady at reception at check-in wasn't welcoming and informed us that it was lucky she was still there as checkin closes at 12.00 on Saturday. I was also told that they sent us an email after booking to let them know if we wanted the spa filled and because I hadn't responded to that email it didn't happen and couldn't happen during our stay. I don't have any knowledge of the email When we arrived in the room we noticed that the spa had been filled, however it was inoperable and couldn't be heated. Poor customer service.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

No washing machine or dryer in room, seperate area which you have to pay for. Also no lifts so being on top floor had to carry luggage up flights of stairs, very awkward.

Great apartment,arrived very early but was allowed to check in. Room was excellent quite big. Spa exceeded expectations,

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Couldn't ask for better location. Close to everything. Room was large and comfortable. Balcony spa was used daily. Nice addition to the room. Will definitely return and recommend to friends. Wish we could of stayed longer.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Better than we expected so no complaints at all.

Clean, they filled the spa for us, great location, nice pool. Underground parking garage handy. Good security. Very close to beach, swim area, playground, shops, esplanade.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

A lift would of made it easier for a couple of our elderly guests & also for carting gear to & from our rooms from the underground carpark.

Roomy Apartment, well set out all units close to an awesome pool. Perfect location/

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

An oven and dishwasher would top off the facilities

It is a great handy spot in Palm cove. Close to the stinger enclosure, bars, restaurants and cafes. Quiet - didn't hear the other guests

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Reception is open limited hours only. We had to seek out the manager to have our spa filled and he wasn't particularly friendly.

The bed was super comfy. The private spa on the patio was great.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Studio with Pool View

What Booking.com advertised was false. We would not use your travel organization again. Studio room did not have: Safety Deposit Box, Pay per view channels, Hot Tub, Ironing facilities DVD player, Microwave, Kitchen, additional Toilet, Sofa, Dining area. We had to pay an upgrade which we think should be returned by you.

The bed was OK

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Studio with Pool View

There was only enough tea and coffee supplies for 1 cup of each. Supplies weren't replenished. Once exhausted, you had to buy your own including toilet paper. Pool is very small and gets crowded quickly. Not enough furniture around the pool.

Very clean. Beds very comfortable. Private parking.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Studio with Pool View

The location was excellent, the pool was really inviting & clean ,you were able to have quiet drink down by the pool, there was a fridge to keep your drinks & BBQ meat in, with a BBQ next to the fridge.Loved the place.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

The lounge was very uncomfortable for a family. The room required a bit of maintenance - kitchen cupboards, shower soap holder, fuse box broken.

The beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Studio with Pool View

WiFi was pretty much useless. You had to sit in the right place with your device just so to achieve internet connection.

Wonderful location. Upgrade was appreciated.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Studio with Pool View

Linda & Claire were wonderful. Warm and professional. Nothing was a problem for these ladies who made us feel welcome. Beatifuly appointed appartment - garden view - nice bedroom, comfy bed, and a big, clean bathroom. Spa on the balcony is definitely an added value. Going forward we decided to make Alassio a home every year. There is nothing we didn't like about Alassio.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Very comfortable unit. Ideally situated opposite beach and just meters from restaurants. The unit is very clean and well presented. The balcony ocean view is stunning.

• Studio with Pool View

Wifi was not always available in your room.

It was very quiet.There was things like salt and pepper and glad wrap which you always need on a holiday but never use much. Also was a great location.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Kitchen was small and awkward but manageable.Needed to use air-con a bit - so it would be quite hot in the summer I guess.

The room was excellent- clean and comfortable ;bed very comfortable; Spa a real treat and the Staff, brilliant! Couldn't have been more accommodating or friendly. If you are a walker, the area was beautiful for walking. Lots of wonderful places to eat all along the esplanade!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

The bathroom needed an exhaust fan as it did not even have a window that could be opened. Also the constant running of the waterfall in the pool was quite loud.

The bed was very comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was great to be so close to the beach and all the lovely restuarants.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

No lift. No clean towels daily unless you paid for them.Basically no room service until you have stayed 7 days or more. No car park guaranteed unless requested.Laundry too far from 3rd floor,too many stairs.Booked for 5 days,then told the next day we had to move to another on day 4.Not very convenient.

Comfort,good view,quiet,very clean and tidy.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

Location was fantastic nice pool and rooms where nice

Wifi didn't reach our room

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Made to feel like the reservations error was our fault

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Poor level of crockery and cutlery and only two wine glasses which were of different sizes

The location was fabulous

Apartment was dark

Easy access to pool and beach

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

A few pictures as looked a bit cold

Excellent location. Easy late check in

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Homely, spacious apartment. Perfect for a family. Fantastic location at the swimming end of the beach.

Dragging suitcases upstairs.

Across road from beach and handy to eateries. Very quiet and had a good sleep.

pool a little busy

the ocean view was great

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

We stayed 6 nights and they didn't offer to replace toilet paper or soaps.

Great size and perfectly located.

• Studio with Ocean View

Clean towels please - always damp and 4 days is too long....

Location and view from room 202 excellent

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Pool could have been a little warmer

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Spa bath in unit out of order as was BBQ in grounds.

Comfortable apartment in fabulous location. Small well maintained pool.

• Studio with Pool View

Location, climate, accessibility to Barrier Reef.

• Studio with Pool View

Maybe the towels could have been changed twice a week.

Spacious suite. Convenience to restaurants etc.

• Studio with Pool View

Too hot with no air conditioning & too cold with it on.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

No room servicing for 7 days is poor considering its $250 per night - fresh towels needed daily

• Studio with Pool View

Little space, no cooking facilities. Had to sit on the bed to watch tv. bathroom was big, spa bath enormous.

Palm Cove is a very nice destination.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Noise from cafe below and lack of privacy. Bathroom not as clean as should be.

Views of the ocean

• Studio with Pool View

There could have been a toaster to do breakfast.

Stairs

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The pool was good

We were on level 3 so had many stairs to climb. No lifts

Bed very comfortable

• Studio with Pool View

We found the pillows a bit hard.

The location was perfect. Beautiful place! The staff were great.

Spa bath

Clean, quiet and bright room

Small kitchen

• Studio with Pool View

Internet access poor, no lift

No lift

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

The room was lovely and pool area nice

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

that there was no lift and that there was no washing machine/dryer in room

bed very comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

It was a shame the spa was not working.

The room layout were more than we could have expected. Very clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Pool was a bit on small shallow side

Spacious room, spa bath on balcony and super friendly staff upgraded us to room with ocean views

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

All the plates and glasses etc were very dirty before arrival

The 3 bedroom apartment was very spacious

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Pest management i.e. dead cockroach on the floor of the lounge room.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

great location at reasonable cost and well managed with many good eating places nearby