Reviews of Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney 5 stars

11 Jamison Street, Sydney CBD, 2000 Sydney, Australia

#23 of 306 hotels in Sydney

For a five star hotel, I was expecting a more wow-factor hotel as it was slightly more dated than the others I’ve stayed at. It may have been the area of the hotel I stayed in.

Great location and friendly staff

Only minor thing, the furniture is a little dated and worn. This did not affect our stay or opinion of the place at all tho. Would happily choose to stay here again.

It is in a great location, only 5 mins walk from circular quay and darling harbour. Bed and pillows were super comfy. Bath was huge Staff were great, remembering our names as we came in. We got the room for Great price. All round great service.

Nothing, overall excellent stay

Comfortable pillows and bed, clean rooms, excellent bathroom, quiet, amazing location, saw vivid in the evening a short walk from the hotel.

The room had a great view, was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. The staff were friendly and professional. Katrina at the front desk made us feel instantly welcomed with her warm smile and simple run down of our stay. Will definitely stay again.

Absolutely nothing at all. The best hotel I've stayed at.

The minute we approach the hotel you know its class. The bellboy ready to open the doors and take the luggage. The check in desks quick and efficient. The lobby is open and beautiful. The staff were police and smart. ROOMS: We had a double room and it was stunning. Soft bed good views, large bathroom with robes and slippers provided. Flat screen TV and a mini bar. GYM / SWIMMING POOL : What can I saw. Amazing pool, clean and warm. Also had a Jacuzzi which was large enough for 6. Towels and deck chairs also present. Came with a steam room and sauna. Barely anyone used it so we had it to ourselves. Didnt use the gym but looked at it. Reasonable size and clean Cleaning staff were efficient and ready to go early morning. Keen and quick. Location was great. Smack in the middle for everything. Brilliant value for money. If you want a great stay, stay here. I'll definitely be back.

we got an upgrade room which was nice and clean only downside no real view of anything except the building next door, but would come back, great breakfast, friendly staff ,inhouse parking at $55.for 24 hrs

Hmm, if you have someone in a room nearby I will say you’ll hear them. We heard not only our neighbour’s door open, close & bang, but their general chatter in the hallway was as clear as if they were in our room. It was infrequent but emphasised a limit to privacy.

The service from all staff, rooms & room service were all excellent. We were on floor 22 & had a lovely partial view of the water. The separate bathtub is a generous size & the mattress & pillows are lush. The location is so close in walking distance to excellent restaurants, cafes & even good courts; circular quay & downtown. I wouldn’t hesitate in booking here again.

we came in at 10,30pm and couldnt get a barister coffee the barman said hed just cleaned the coffee machine so he couldnt make us one. ver dissapointing at 10,30. also at breakfastwe had to endure the coffee that tasted like melted down boot polish they didnt tell us we could have had a barista made one until the morning we checked out

everything was quite good we have stayed before and had a bad experience but that wasnt the hotels fault. this time we enjoyed our stay.

Located centrally, the Amora Hotel is the perfect spot to set up, when exploring Sydney. Courteous helpful staff, and clean, stylish, comfortable rooms, enhanced our stay.

We were at little concerned on Friday morning when work commenced on the building next door. However the noise did not continue on Saturday .

Excellent location close to Wynyard Station and not far from the Rocks and Circular Quay. Room was spacious with a king bed which was very comfortable. We dined in the restaurant on Friday evening and found the menu pleasing.

There wasn't anything that we didn't like.

The bed was very comfortable and enjoyed an excellent couple of nights sleep. The Amora was very close to The Rocks, Circular quay and Darling Harbour. This made it extremely accessible to the vivid light walks and harbour cruise.

Car parking was full but no signage to say so. After lapping the very tight ramps the concierge advised that we leave the car to be valet parked - extra charge.

Upgraded to 32nd floor. Very comfortable large room with an excellent bed and bathroom.

We chose the Amora for the awesome bed, the suite, facilities and the very professional & amazing staff. Nothing is too much trouble. We were extremely well looked after. Thank you Amora

• Deluxe Twin Room

I just got my credit card statement and I saw that I was charged twice for the minibar consumption. Upon checkout, I was told that it was an additonal $10.15 on top of the room charges, which I approved. But I was charged two times for the same amount on the same day. Been emailing the hotel for the past week to ask for a refund of the extra charge but no reply. So disappointing. Makes me think twice about starting there again.

Location was great. Walking distance to all the major areas.

The staff were absolutely amazing and would do anything to help you, really comfortable rooms, and the hotel was in a good position for what we wanted

Price of parking was way over the top.

The bed was the comfortable bed I've EVER slept on in a hotel room, I really wanted to take it home with me, fantastic!

The bar/breakfast food was not good and way overpriced.

Beds were comfy and clean, reception staff were lovely. Great spot in the CBD. Let them validate your parking, it is so expensive to stay overnight!

A little pricey but over all i think its worth it, a discounted price would be good :)

Staff are amazing and so sweet and helpful! This was my second stay at amora jamison and i love it there, rooms are great, close to city shopping, great pool. Will stay again :) comfy beds, complimentary slippers are handy after a days shopping or wearing to pool

I left my $90 swimming costume there, they were nice enough to post it back in a plastic bag that contained inside a resealable Hercules storage bag, still damp the colours from the seal ruined it. When I called i was laughed at by the manager rianna, told that Australia post was responsible, when i emailed the images i was then ignored.

The pool was under renovation and we were not told. My husband went down for a swim and found out that way. Very disappointing given we were there to wind down. Mattress was way too soft.

location, breakfast, room decor

Pool could have been warmer. Kids wouldn’t swim as too cold. Location could have been better,next to Wynyard Park with some interesting characters, not easy to explain to my kids!

Friendly staff, rooms lovely. Beds comfortable!

Great location, close to Circular Quay. Attentive Concierge and doormen. Valet parking. I had the pleasant surprise of being upgraded to a suite, and given free drinks vouchers.

Don’t bring a car if you can help it. Parking charges are high.

Great location in the heart of Sydney and easy access to train station. Very comfortable.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The room we had was very tight. A bit hard to move around with four people staying in a double room.

Location is fantastic. The staff are very accommodating. Highly recommended.

• Deluxe Corner King Room

The cot for the baby wasn’t great - squeaky and hard - would take own travel cot next time

Beds comfy, super helpful staff especially with bubs, good location for easy walking access to transport, attractions and vivid festival lights. All hotel facilities were great including pool and spa

Great location for the function we were attending. Easy access from the airport to Wynyard railway station and a short walk to the hotel. Amenities were lovely and the Silo Bar very enjoyable for a late meal and drinks. Close to the Rocks and circular quay area for exploring.

The staff were very accommodating and helpful and we had a beautiful weekend.

Would have been good if you could turn off the blue tooth control on the tv panel. The blue light was annoying during the night.

Was in Sydney for Vivid and this was a great location. Within walking distance to the main attractions. Bed was really comfortable. Great size room.

Said $55.00 dollars per night for parking but was not told at any time the was an additional charge if they parked the car. I did know I was able to park the car myself. Saying that when I spoke to the staff about the lack of communication they did remove the additional charge. Just need to let people know and not assume they know.

Location was great

disappointed that the pictures displayed in the advertising didn't match what was in the room. false advertisement stating it has a bath, yet there was only a shower. This was the main reason for picking this hotel.

Lifts can be slow. Hotel lacks "flow", so can feel a bit utilitarian.

Location, location, location! Comfy bed, quiet (even if facing the street), attentive staff, good "black-out" on windows.

A little overpriced, but it's a Sydney. Big city...

The best thing in this the hotel is the localisation. Rooms was really great. Nothing to dislike.

• Deluxe Park Suite

I felt that it was like a 3-4 star. But surely not a 5 star property. Bit over rated and over priced. . Overall nothing exceptional about the stay.

Location is close to Wynyard station and walking distance to Circular Quay. The suite was fine with all normal facilities. Breakfast had a decent spread. The manager at the restaurant was extremely helpful.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Breakfast greeter argued over cost of breakfast even though I took up the special at checkin for a reduced price all because I wasn’t on “his” list Paint in pool roof is peeling

Check in staff Clean and beautiful

Road works affected access and was not notified of this prior to arrival. Water was cold - unable to have a decent hot shower

Bed was great - I travel a lot and usually don’t sleep so well. I slept really well here. The welcome by the door staff was one of the most impressive I have seen

Loved our stay at Amora Hotel, the location is fantastic and is within walking distance to Circular Quay, Pitt St Mall and Town Hall Station. So many amazing restaurants and bars around, we loved Grounds in the City (5 min walk down George St) for breakfast, Mr Wong (directly opposite Jamison St down a little alleyway off George St) for dinner and Palmer & Co (part of Mr Wong) or Blu Bar (at the top of the Shangri-La hotel, about a 1for drinks. The room itself was lovely, great bathroom & bed was amazing making it good value for money. We were able to see so much of Sydney during our stay thanks to the location of this hotel making everything so accessible and easy to get to. Would definitely stay here again!

Shower pressure was a bit low. That's it!

The room is amazing. Super nice bed, super nice view (14th floor). TV is sweet, bring a HDMI cable if you have a laptop and wana watch stuff on it (nice little HDMI input next to the bed) Nice big bath.

Drink selection in the bar was not good and the cocktail I ordered was horrible.

Great value for money. Very comfy bed. I enjoyed the room service we ordered. Pool and spa area was great but pool could have been a little warmer for me and room was very clean.

Lots of hotels just take a holding deposit for any incidentals, however was annoyed they actually charge your credit card $50 and you have to wait at least a week for them to process a refund.

Great CBD location

the room service was a tad expensive and id suggest getting more foxtel channels cause the tv was awesome but the channels were lame.

location, breakfast, staff, cleanliness, size of the room, the bed was RIDICULOUSLY comfortable, the views were amazing, food delicious, beautiful rooms

We like everything about this hotel. The beds are so comfortable and the location is great. Wynyard station is around the corner and its not far to walk to Circular Quay.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The only negative was that we had rung up and pre arranged that the two room we had were next to each other or at least on the Same floor, we were told we were upgraded and together which was not the case when we arrived so that was a little disappointing.

The room was great, clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The staff were very polite and nothing was a bother to them.

The internet kept dropping out and was slow.

Excellent attentive staff we were able to check-in early, fantastic location close to both circular quay and Darling harbour. I would definitely stay here again.

Great location for walking explorations; from the bridge up to Chinatown; across to the Botanic gardens; Opera House; The Rocks; Barangaroo etc. If you like to walk this was a great location. And with so much construction and traffic disruption this was perfect. Good choice of bars and restaurants around. Next to Wynyard station. Concierge and staff were very helpful. Comfortable bed.

The location is a little difficult to find by the Google Map. Well, maybe Only me loss myself on the way.

The room is really clean and cozy. The bed is also really comfort. Lovely hotel.

The buffet breakfast seemed a little disorganised. The food was fine however they ran out of cups, glasses & plates & were slow to replace. The coffee machine was playing up too which didn't help.

Staff, location & rooms were great.

• Deluxe Tower King Room

at both check in and check out, there were customers ahead of me who really took their time asking lots of questions and challenging prices and arguing with staff

The staff really pay attention and are very polite and friendly

Nothing, excellent stay

The Staff were amazing and super accommodating, everything is in walking distance however the roadworks were well and truly in effect during our stay (no fault of Amora) however made it a little hard navigating. Rooms were very clean and comfortable, room service was delicious and great value for money. will stay at the Amora every Sydney trip :)

I suffered the symptoms of mild food poisoning soon after my hotel breakfast. Not sure if it was the breakfast or another cause but I hadn't eaten anything else that morning.

Very friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable room.

I must have walked past the Amora so many times in the past but never knew it existed, What an excellent hotel. Perfect location and great value. I would certainly stay there again.

Bed was a bit soft for my liking and bar closes at 10.30 Friday and Saturday nights so don’t expect a night cap.

Very clean, great location and excellent staff. Loved the big bath in our bathroom.

We didn’t like that we had to leave, would have loved to have stayed for a few more days.

Great location, the room was very spacious, clean & modern. Would Highly recommend the Day Spa, Absolutely Beautiful Treatment, Service was Amazing!

i had to call reception 3 times before i could speak to someone as my call kept getting disconnected when being transferred. very frustrating and i gave up in the end.

Breakfast was very expensive, skipped. The cafe around the corner at York and Margaret was better.

Good, clean and modern hotel in the middle of Sydney.

The breakfast, parts of it was dry and over cooked

Lovely and friendly staff, we were upgraded and given a birthday dessert and message for my husband's birthday, very enjoyable stay

The gym. Too small and ancient equipment. Business travelers often decide on a hotel, based on the gym. This one is terrible.

Cleanliness overall and very helpful staff!

The room was just as I'd hoped. Great spacing, comfy bed, with all the amenities one could want. The staff were always polite and helpful, willing to go the extra mile, and the food was delicious. Central to all areas of the CBD also: Circular Quay, Darling Harbour, The Rocks. Definitely a favourite place of stay when in Sydney.

We tried to change dates well and truly outside of cancellation dates but were stuffed around and ended up being booked on the wrong date. Didn't notice until I got a reminder and weren't able to change without a full loss of room cost

Rooms are set up nicely, king room facing the city

Nothing to dislike here.

Just melted into the bed that was SO comfortable. Rooms very clean, easy access to everything, we will be putting this on our must stay list in Sydney.

• Deluxe Twin Room

A little cheaper breakfast menu would have been good so we didn't have breakfast in the hotel. There is a lot of road closures happening around the streets which was annoying but of course not the fault of the Hotel.

Beds were comfy and we were able to have two seperate beds which was great! The location was excellent for anyone exploring the Rocks and Circular Quay area. It is easy to get from Wynyard Station to the Amora Jamison Hotel

I don't understand why 80% of hotels don't have a toilet brush ...

The king bed was sensational so were the pillows ... was like sleeping on a cloud, did not want to get out of bed. Bathroom was modern with a separate bathtub, every city hotel should have a bathtub to soak in after a day of sightseeing etc. Did not have to open the door when leaving the hotel, the staff do it for you ... its the little things.

the rooms are decorated in a very "loveless" way (how difficult is it to have a couple of hooks by the door to hang your jacket/bag or in the bathroom to hang up a towel?), the sofa was spotty, wifi had to be logged back on all the time, and the breakfast buffet was rather mediocre, especially for the princely sum of AUD 40. They couldn't get my coworkers reservation right even after trying to correct it 3x. Looks way better in pictures than in real life.

spacious room, really liked the bathroom, location is great

The bed was too soft for our liking but mentioned this & were told to let them know next time & they will put a firmer mattress top on.

We had breakfast at the hotel. Quite expensive for the hot breakfast but one of the best breakfasts we have ever had so worth the money.

The room was a little too warm. We had the air conditioning on the coolest setting yet at times in the night it was too warm.

The Amora is always extremely comfortable with excellent service. It’s location is perfect for The Rocks, Circular Quay, shops, restaurants and sightseeing!

Beware not ALL deluxe king rooms have a city/street view.

Spacious room. Great bathroom amenities. Awesome location for both sightseeing and shopping. Restaurants, coffee shops, convenience stores, supermarket and a subway station are all very close by. We had an issue with the room view. However, as soon as we brought this to the attention of the reception, we were swiftly moved to a room with a better view. The problem was solved very efficiently.

• Deluxe Tower King Room

Waiting to check in / check out. No newspaper in morning. Breakfast food options could be a little more sophisticated

Beautiful room and very comfortable, great bathroom, lovely lighting in bedroom, all very relaxing. Friendly staff.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The beds are way too soft and uncomfortable when two people are in it, you roll into each other in the middle. The restaurant was not a family friendly menu.

Fantastic staff and great room service breakfast. Great room for a family which is hard to find.

the first room we got was too small but the staff happily changed our room and were more than happy to assist, this made our stay wonderful and easy

The rooms were very clean and the staff were very accommodating

But Breakfast should do with some variety change every other day. A lot other hotels have chinese rice congee but not here. The toiletries are very very bare basics and not generous for a five stars hotel Very very disappointed all hotels the bottle water are complimentary , here you need to pay

Breakfast generally quite good

• Deluxe Park Suite

Nothing I can think of

The room/suite was fantastic...3 separates rooms, large bathroom with huge bath. You can order ur pillow to ur liking. The staff were all lovely, they bent over backwards to help and all had a natural customer service focus. Late check out was given without a hassle. I’d heard this hotel had hit some hard times in the past....well those days are over...it was just wonderful and compared with its neighbouring hotel that I stayed in the night before (4 seasons) it beat it on every review criteria including price and especially the rooms!

Being picky but in gym get rid of machines and just do free weights. Coffee at breakfast ok.

Had no expectations as I didn’t know it but staff were friendly and we were upgraded to a suite which was very nice. Clean and comfortable and we had a great stay would come back again. Espresso Martini at bar was very nice! Wife loved the day spa.

Small thing- No USB power on both sides of the bed.

Breakfast was very good Bircher muesli was great. I would like the recipe The doormen were particularly welcoming

• Deluxe Tower King Room

The only bad thing was the hot water in the shower was a little temprimental. Hard to find anything bad with this property.

Rooms are lovely and clean, modern and great facilities. Breakfast was amazing, so many options. Great location, walking distance to the rocks or Barangaroo.

The reception was very nice and helpful. The bath room was big and clean. We booked 2 rooms. He can't arrange 2 rooms on the same level, because the hotel was too busy during school holiday. He apologized for this and upgraded one room for free. The chief was really nice. My son is allergic to nuts. He explained which food is safe. He even made special waffle for my son. The room decoration and furniture are a bit old but very clean.

• Deluxe Tower King Room

An error calculating my bill was only picked up by me. The hotel fixed it quite quickly but communications could have been quicker.

Excellent location for the main harbours , bridge and opera house.

Luggage not brought to room despite promises. Went back down and collected it myself. Floor not vacuumed during stay until requested. Inadequate drawers for clothes during long-term stay (most used for alcohol etc)

Comfortable bed.