Reviews of Amora Hotel Riverwalk 4.5 stars

649 Bridge Road, Richmond, 3121 Melbourne, Australia

#47 of 169 hotels in Melbourne

• Deluxe Queen Room

A bath and free Wi Fi would have been good. It seemed there were a number of add on costs.

The hotel is really well positioned. It is close to the city and local shops, including a boutique brewery. It is also on a picturesque bike/walking path. The bed was very comfortable. We had a small balcony, with table a chairs, which had a pleasant view. The room was spacious and nicely furnished. The shower was also spacious, clean and had lots of hot water. Inclusion of bath robes was a nice idea. The ability to park our car on premise, at additional cost, was convient.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The rooms are compact, but each one has a small balcony with a view towards the Yarra River.

The location is great for walking along the river. Beware of bike riders though. On-site parking is great. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Information from reception regarding car parking and knowledge of area.

Location. Free bike hire. Eateries in area. Comfortable bed. Big rooms. Nice balcony.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bed extra comfy. Great location--public transport, river. Great food. Staff--friendly, helpful, Parking for your car. No trouble with opening and using lifts--KEY CARDS WORKED!!!

• Deluxe Queen Room

Unfortunately it was directly opposite pub which had a DJ until 2.00 in the morning. Did not have a settled sleep

Nice clean, well presented accommodation

• Deluxe Queen Room

We had several people in our suite but at times we were short on essentials e.g. towels.These were quickly supplied once asked for.Overall we were well looked after and the surrounds were lovely.Having the decks was a real bonus and we made good use of them.

Staff very good and helpful.

• Deluxe Queen Room

We didn't realise the aircon was off so on our first night the room was too warm and stuffy. There was a fair bit of noise from the wedding on Saturday night. I would book a room further away if I knew there was a wedding on.

Staff, Decor and meal. nice to be close to the river.

Refundable deposit upon check in.

Large room size for price. At check in we were given wrong room, however we were moved quickly after speaking to lovely front desk staff to the room we booked.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment - Townhouse

Mossies were out and about along the riverwalk (those with delicate skin should take care). There were also a couple of strange looking people we came across on the walk, don't walk alone in this area after dark is my best advice as you could find yourself a victim of crime, stick to the street and all should be fine.

The hotel is in a really good location, across the road are a number of easy to walk to hotels and eateries we tried a few and found them to be terrific (special mention to the Italian restaurant St Dominico? food was of a high standard. The pub directly across the road (sorry can't think of the name) was delightful with interesting trendy revamped surroundings we were comfortable and the food and drinks service was extremely good. The food was terrific and we will certainly be back to sample some more!

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bed was very comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was excellent with a tram line outside the hotel and the river next door.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Just the shower itself...needs a screen..i was busy cleaning saturated bathroom floor each time i showered due to no shower screen

Staff very friendly..i felt really welcomed. I liked the location..quiet when needed to be yet when wanting to leave room we headed out, walkind distance, to near by pub..Richmond Rd..etc

• Deluxe Queen Room

Check out was disappointing, there was a miscommunication with check in and check out was difficult, were made to feel the issue was our fault. She was abrupt, implolite and wanted to identify the lovely lady who checked us in. Not impressed at all

Loved the check in; staff amazing

• Deluxe Queen Room

The overnight staff were excellent. I rise quite early to get started on work and they were extremely helpful and brought me my requested pot for tea.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Weren't told there was a wedding when booked through Booking.com with no refund .. very noisy with very loud music till late. Had to move room at 10pm after being in bed already.

Got an upgrade to a very beautiful room

• Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel receptionists were all very helpful, the foyer is lovely with a cafe and bar. Everything was lovely. Richmond is a little out of the city but the tram stops right outside the door of the hotel so it was never a problem to get to and from the city.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel was hosting a wedding function, they didn’t notify guests ahead of time and it was incredibly loud the entire night. Bad form.

It had a bed... that’s always good

• Deluxe Queen Room

Hotel was noisy. Lovely situation around courtyard but noise from bar and a wedding very noticeable. Also on check in there was a duo playing music in the reception area. They were good but it made checking in difficult due to the noise

Rooms were very comfortable and spa bath lovely

• Deluxe Queen Room

Found it noisy at night from the courtyard downstairs. Disappointed that we did not revive our 3.45am wake up call as requested and it was written in the book. The guy said he hadn’t checked when he came on. If we had been totally depending on this we would have missed our flight. Not impressed!!

Loved the comfortable bed and cleanliness.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Parking wasn't free - it should be at a good hotel.

The room while not huge was really well appointed and had a wonderful large balcony. The bed was extremely comfortable. Internet was very good.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Would have preferred a harder bed.

Quiet location on tram route. Didn’t eat in hotel but good eating places across the road and within walking distance.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The bed was too soft for my liking and gave me a sore back. Thought it may have been an old mattress as I felt like I was sleeping in a hole. rm 306

Cleanliness of the room and ease of check in and out.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel was in a terrific location with a lovely, relaxing, spacious interior which made for a very pleasant stay. The staff were very obliging & the room was very clean. We would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Staying at the hotel was very noisy, especially on Saturday night when they have Weddings on. I was warned at check in there would be noise until 11pm and It did actually finish at 11pm. My only suggestion would be if you are there for a conference, where you need to be rested for early the next day, ask for a room furthest away from the noise in the central courtyard.

The Conference rooms were clean and well appointed and the staff seemed very attentive. There was good coffee from the bar in the lobby too!

• Deluxe Queen Room

There was a door stop in the bathroom sitting some distance from the bath. Just felt it was in the wrong spot but could see the practicality. Maybe better on the side of the bath and not the floor.

Meals were excellent. Had a snack which was great and breakfast was first class. Food constantly being replenished when getting low so guests were never standing around waiting.

The location is excellent with the tram stopping right outside the hotel. Easy access to the river that makes for lovely walks and runs. Rooms are clean and the breakfast was good.

• Deluxe Queen Room

After Parking on the lower level, had to lift cases up stairs, then got into first lift which would not move. After hitting emergency button we were advised that we were in the wrong lift. The signage was very poor and it wasn’t a good start. The bathroom had a faulty light which flickered for a long time prior to coming on. Mattress was too soft for our liking.

The room was spacious, well appointed & quiet

• Deluxe Queen Room

Bathroom vanity was a little small for 2 people to share.

Good size room with great facilities (nice large balcony) & really comfy bed. Great location by the river with a fantastic choice of coffee shops in walking distance. Loved the large screen TV in the foyer to sit & watch the AO.

Paying for parking

Loved the rooms and the large balconies. So nice to have fresh air. Great location and really lovely staff. This will be my go-to location.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment - Townhouse

The one minor thing (very minor) is that we had booked 2 x 2 bedrooms apartments with 5 girls per room and only one very small milk to share between us in the morning for our coffee. ( i am a coffee junkie so i NEED coffee for me to function in the morning! lol)

So many positives, they really ticked the boxes for us! Friendly staff, Beautiful rooms, clean and really comfy beds (i would like to know what brand the mattress is because i would love to buy this mattress for our bed at home!), great location (great pub across the rd from the hotel too!) and most of all value for money! Will def be visiting again! Thank you :)

• Deluxe Queen Room

Maybe the breakfast but still that was fine for our needs.

super comfy beds, welcoming reception staff and little extras when there's special on ie. bottle of sparkling wine and tapas - delicious, keep that up. We live in rural Victoria and chose the Amora to stay when we visit the big city!

• Deluxe Queen Room

I did not like suffering from smokers in the vicinity of the atrium or at the front entrance. The car park was dirty and dark

The bed was very comfortable

• Deluxe Queen Room

Still waiting for a copy of my emailed invoice

Easy check in, easy access to carpark. Hotel facilities are very good, bar, resatraunt very good service

• King Suite with Spa Bath

Old decor. Cob webs inside and outside the apartment. Balcony furniture was hiddious and so full of cob webs we couldn’t sit on the chairs. Noisy aircon so couldn’t sleep. Very small compared to pictures Spa was dirty and very old so we didn’t use it.

Location. Ease of parking. I thought it was a good deal when I made the booking. Turned out it was overpriced for what you get.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Being advised on arrival of a dodgy car parking fee! Not a massive amount,but pathetic in this day & age!! Include it in the room tariff and be up front & honest!!!

Location & comfort.

• Deluxe Courtyard Twin Room

The rooms were a little too warm for our liking. The bedding was very comfortable but the linen was heavy and noisy!

We enjoyed our stay and liked the location. Good access to public transport and sporting venues. We would most definitely stay their again and recommend it to family and friends.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Have stayed here 5 times now, because I really like it here. But I clearly stated that this was our wedding night and they told me they upgraded our room. I didn’t think much of the room compared to the other times I have stayed here

Always like staying here

See above.

The bed was comfy and the room was very clean. However, I found the Hotel to be very expensive and some extras that usually come with a room I had to pay for e.g. internet, there was no herbal tea sachets in rooms. For the price of the room I thought at least wifi should have been included.

• King Suite with Spa Bath

There was no free wifi and no dvd player. Wifi required becoming a member and all movies were subject to a fee.

The location was excellent, close to restaurants and bars. The room was very comfortable with a lovely view and a very nice spa. Breakfast was delicious!

Room was clean

the hotel was very good quiet staff friendly but very very very annoyed we had to pay extra for parking it should be ncluded if your staying at the hotel????????

• Deluxe Queen Room

I organised late check out, when we arrived we where told that was organised . I had to be hospital at 6:00am for surgery , so my husband was going to go back for a sleep as late check out was going to be 2:00pm . We then had calls saying that he had to go pick our tlugaue up as they could no longer honour our booking ... very disappointed . It’s was a very stressful day considering the major surgery I’ve had .

Comfy bed

• Deluxe Queen Room

It was ridiculously noisy. They had a function in the courtyard that ran til late and although we were on the 4th floor the sound carried straight up through the middle of the building. We were very frustrated there were so many guests in the courtyard and there was even someone on a microphone. You might cop a function on Saturday night, but this was Sunday. Check if there is a function in the courtyard before booking this hotel if you want to sleep at a reasonable hour.

The room was a nice size and liked the fact it had separate lounge and bedrooms. Bathroom was clean and modern.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Was not informed until my arrival that a $100 bond was required on the room (maybe that should be included with booking information). The room was stuffy, and the air-conditioning unit was really noisy which didn't help. I am assuming I had an older room as the bathroom was not as clean as I expect at that cost. I feel the room was really overpriced for what it was, I am usually able to be more selective of where I stay, however this was not possible for this trip. Overall I was disappointed.

The bed was extra comfy, but that was about it.

• Deluxe Courtyard Twin Room

I could not fault anything about this accommodation.

The rooms were very clean and the beds and pillows were very comfy. The room had a nice view of the parkland and river. The balcony was great with seating. Very convenient having a restaurant downstairs which was accessible for room service with very reasonable prices and great food. Great little bar downstairs that served great takeaway coffee and snacks. The parking underneath hotel was easily accessible to lifts and rooms upstairs. I would definitely recommend this hotel accommodation.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment - Townhouse

Noisy in the rooms looking onto the courtyard but we knew for a Friday night it would be like this. The 2 bedRoom suite probably weren't 100% suited to really young children. Staircase and couldn't really put them in a room on their own. However older kids and adults would find it perfect. Room service was expensive and food wasn't great quality but it did the job for us.

Rooms were great, clean and we'll equipped.

Not much!

The check-in was very easy and courteous and the whole hotel seemed to be both professional and efficient in its running. The rooms were very elegant and sensibly furnished, with space and comfort aplenty.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Brilliant customer service - friendly and efficient front of house staff. Tasty room service breakfast. Would definitely book accommodation with them again.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The shower over bath ...I'm 80 and found it very scary to get into and out of the bath .....I didn't like the overhead shower rose .

Location ...quality of premises

Fold out bed was uncomfortable and room tight for 3 people.

Easy access to city. Great pub and restaurant right across the road. Close to the river and walkways.

• Deluxe Courtyard Twin Room

Beds were comfortable. Liked "Happy Hour" on the Fri night. Very generous with the food! The tram stops right outside the door- very convenient.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

I absolutely loved the 3 items for $10 breakfast. I can never make the most of the buffet breakfast during a work trip. The burcher museli, coffee and juice was perfect.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment - Townhouse

There was plenty of on street parking especially as we were arriving after 11pm. The 24 hour check in was invaluable, especially as one of our party was travelling separately with a similar late check in. The late check out was very much appreciated.

having to pay $3 for a bottle of water in the room

having bikes we could borrow was a real plus, one of the main reasons we chose the hotel, with cycleway along the river right outside the hotel It's on a tramline, easy transport to the city centre

• Deluxe Queen Room

Everything was lovely No concerns at all

Lovely hot breakfast Good selection from which to choose. Comfortable surroundings and friendly, helpful staff

• Deluxe Queen Room

The linen needed to be replaced, it looked old and discoloured. The robe hanging on our bathroom door should have been in the bin.

Nice atmosphere downstairs on a Friday night,music playing, happy hour.

Nothing to dislike

Friendly. Comfortable, well appointed, great buffet breakfast, Friday afternoons nibbles & free entertainment, conveniently located, home away from home.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Only one staff member for check in so a bit of a wait, also breakfast buffet not the best. Would recommend you go out for breakfast.

Staff very friendly, beds and pillows super comfy. Kids loved the table tennis in the lounge. So easy to get there from the airport, Skybus and then the 48 tram from Collins St drops you at the door. Loads of restaurants and pubs within 10 mins walk.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Had hair in the floor in the bathroom. Staff were not very friendly on arrival of leaving. It indicated on the booking app that one room was left but I checked a few hours later then there were 5 so not honest. Kids were playing in the court yard at the bottom of the rooms at 8am Sunday morning and no one in staff stopped them. Was really annoying. No one asked me if I enjoyed my stay and spending over $200 it would have been nice to know we were a guest

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

The beds and pillows were really comfortable. The selection at breakfast was very good and also fresh. The fact the tram stops are outside the door was a BIG plus.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment - Townhouse

Breakfast was a joke. If you can believe it there was no food. Buffet was empty. No scrambled eggs, no sausages, no tomatoes, 2 tiny scraps of cheese. It was quite incredible. Paid extra for a cuppucino. Ordered tea - and were not given any milk. Waitress unpleasant . Also informed that our discount voucher given to us in the hotel room was not valid since it was a public holiday (Saturday of the Easter weekend ). Thus not quite sure why we were given the voucher.

Bedrooms comfortable. Beds were lovely.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

I just love the comfort of the rooms and it's close proximity to the sporting arenas. The beds are very comfortable and I love that I can park my car here

• Deluxe Queen Room

Was not asked how my stay was on checking out. The room was relatively expensive and even though I only had one thing from the minibar it was not replaced.

Clean and the staff who were on breakfast duty were excellent.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

View and the check in, the staff that checked us in gave us no information about parking or wi-fi etc.

Clean and comfortable room, was not noisy and the amenities were nice.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

No wifi with stay is outdated. Not great when travelling on business. The room was also a disappointment after booking 'deluxe' - it was big but not comfortable - more dark and dingy. Nothing like what was advertised

Complimentary bikes to cycle the yarra river

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Mini bar is very expensive

Stayed here regularly - great value for money , easy and reasonable parking and lovely location with property backing on to the yarra.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

We didn't have anything to complain about.

The size of the room was really adequate with plenty of storage for our weeks stay. The bathroom was large with draws for storage. Had a nice view from our balcony and was so close to river for lovely walks.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

The air conditioner is noisy and not function well. We set the lowest temperature but the room temperature is below average.

The size of the bedroom is just nice and its cleanliness is good.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

The breakfast on the one morning I ordered it was not great.

Rooms were great, excellent staff, especially the bartender, he was super fast and very friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Parking fee was too much when I found out you could park across the road for free.

very spacious room and bathroom! Everything was up to standard or above and great value 11am check out was great

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

The only thing , and I should of let staff know , but there was something that looked like blood on the drapes

Everything ,really my husband was in hospital up the road , I was on my own , but I felt safe

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

There was a fire alarm went off at 12.45am but reception were good and said fire services were dealing with it and there was nothing to worry about.

Bartender at 11pm was lovely and I noticed he had been there at 4.30 when we went out.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Paying for parking at Hotel - just outside building it is free and available.

Location . Cost reasonable compared to competition. Easy street parking. Public transport option. Substantial and variety breakfast. Venue offers free live music. Comfortable room size. Staff very helpful and accommodating.

We had a sofa bed set up in our room that we never requested and housekeeping never came to take it away. We also had a Juliet balcony so no where to sit.

Pleasant and clean.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Breakfast was limited and quite expensive. I went elsewhere for breakfast on my second night.

I had a two-level one bedroom room, with a lovely view. The room was comfortably appointed and very clean. I was at the hotel for a conference and all amenities I used at the Hotel were very good. I had lunch on the terrace one day, which was lovely and my only questionable experience was breakfast.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

$20 a night for parking and too much noise from the bar that echoes when its late at night!

Tram stop outside of hotel and right on the river for a lovely peaceful walk.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

two pieces of food at the "free finger food cocktail night" Gave strangers the key to our room. Strangers entered while we were dressing. Very poor.