Reviews of Discovery Parks – Swan Valley 4 stars

91 Benara Road, 6055 Caversham, Australia

#1 of 1 hotels in Caversham

5.9

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Cabin

Rooms are small, and with the double bed? There is barely space to walk. While WIFI is free, connection is poor or badly any. 4G and 3G connections were intermittent. Can't even make a call out. Top bunk bed came with bed sheets but the sheets were not fitted on. Could hardly put on the sheets to use the bed

Interior looks relatively new.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

Wi-Fi was slow but that could have been due to the bad weather

Brand new and well appointed. Coffee pod machine provided. Right across the road from a French bakery

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

Bit of a smell from cleaning products upon arrival. Ok after opening windows and scented candles for a bit.

Clean, comfortable and well appointed cabin. Air con/heating in all bedrooms & living area. Surprisingly private given the shared location. Nice back deck for a coffee etc. Very handy to local winery, cafe, brewery (all a short walk). Note, beds are a standard double size (not queen) - though still very comfortable. (Queen bed would hardly a requirement for this type of accom though) For the price, hard to fault. Would definitely return.

• Standard Studio Cabin

Very old cabin. Bathroom door makes a noise and in the middle of the night this can be annoying

When I book with Booking.com, I never seem to get the newer one bedroom cabins. They just don't give me the option when I am booking. Not being very computer literate I don't know how to bring it up.

• Standard Studio Cabin

Toilet was a bit tight trying to shut the door

We were given an upgrade to a villa which was very roomy, comfortable and clean. Had stayed in a similar villa in Cervantes the night before so were thrilled to have 2 more nights in luxury.

• Standard Two Bedroom Cabin

Great cabins, all the modern cons. Only a short stay, so did not really explore the park, but what I did see was nice. Great to deal with, had to make a change before hand and all went smoothly, and my refund was prompt.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Cabin

Small car space for large 4wd but was fine as opposite cabin was vacant.

Had all the mod cons you have at home. Excellent location. Aircon in each bedroom. Good rates.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

Perfect location to enjoy Swan Valley, accomodation was clean and well presented, site was friendly, basic games room but great fun with 7 year old, pool great for us as we were in it on our own a bit cold but added to the fun! Outstanding value for money we will definitely be going again.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Cabin

Nothing everything was great !

Cabin was clean and well equipped, parking was fantastic, location was perfect and Staff at reception are always friendly and helpful

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Cabin

Deluxe Unit 210 - Couch was very uncomfortable; shower leaked onto bathroom floor; bed slid away from wall when sitting up; frying pan handle loose.

The location, and some of facilities in the unit.

• Standard Two Bedroom Cabin

The lady who checked us in wasn't helpful at all. She didn't say anything other then give us the keys. Directions to the house and some info about the property would have been nice.

The rooms perfectly suited our needs, everything was neat and tidy and the bed was comfortable.

• Standard Two Bedroom Cabin

The property was a delight to stay at. The cabin was clean, modern, very well decked out, super comfortable and the bed was awesome...sooooo comfortable. The staff were wonderful and the whole area was well maintained. It really was delightful staying at Discovery Parks Caversham. We will be back for sure

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Cabin

Its a stay and go place. Dun expect a hotel like place.

Superb value for a big group of family or friends travelling together. Checking in and out was a breeze!

• Standard Two Bedroom Cabin

All the rooms were of a comfortable size, parking for my cabin was very convenient as it had room for two cars in the port. As well as the kitchen area and bathroom were practical in both size and layout.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Cabin

The two reception staff at check-in were uninterested and unhelpful. Their demeanour was dour. There was no face washer. The bed rolled about on the polished wood flooring every time we got in or out, or moved, and I had to jam a chair between the bed and the wardrobe to stop it moving.

The facility offered a high level of cleanliness. The property was well laid out.

• Standard Two Bedroom Cabin

Bad ant problem, cold showers and wasn’t very clean. Also toilet was leaking and I am on crutches. I slipped on the floor in the bathroom in the middle of the night. Very disappointed that management didn’t contact me after I complained to the receptionist.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Cabin

The unit was nice, but it was not cleaned to a high standard, the stove top was not cleaned from previous visitors, the shower floods to bathroom floor, also not much privacy in bathroom and toilet, you can see everything happening in there from outside, the extra blankets in the cupboards are a little dusty to be used on the beds.

It’s a very nice and tidy park, easy to find and a good location for us.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

Two check in staff, one wasn't that friendly but the other one was. The rooms were clean, very clean, which is great, but the smell of chemicals was overwhelming. We had to open every window to air the rooms out. Maybe could try some nicer smelling and less smelly cleaning products.

The accomodation was very good, lovely rooms and immaculate presentation. Nice little kitchen area with all you need for a short break. Also, a nice child friendly play area for the kids: fenced and secure. Good shops only a 2 minute drive away.

• Standard Two Bedroom Cabin

I requested a early booking when I booked, and also requested it again on the morning of the 7th because we were attending a wedding at 3pm, and was told you would ring me by lunch time if it was possible. That didn't happen so we had to get dressed on the road,and then we received a phone call at 3.20 and again at 4.15 while we were at the wedding. Thought that was a bit poor.will think twice before booking next time if require something special.

location and comfort

• Standard Studio Cabin

Really couldn't improve anything.

Have stayed here several times over many years, with children and now as just the two of us. We have always found this park to be very comfortable and convenient. On this occasion we were upgraded from a studio to one bedroom cabin, and really appreciated the extra room and facilities. Feels like you're in the country, but only a couple of minutes from shops. Great value.

When we walked into our unit (which had just finished being cleaned) there was a VERY strong smell of bleach. We opened all of the windows and cleared the air and when we returned later in the evening, it smelled fine.

We hired two units for six adults. The beds, pillows etc were very comfortable and the units were clean and well fitted out.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Cabin

The place was nice and clean, well presented and convenient. However The whole chalet was infested with ants. Kitchen, bed, sofa, shower. Everywhere. When we told the staff they just said that ‘they’re afraid it happens sometimes’ Wouldn’t stay again.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Cabin

I have to say that the shower head needs a bit of attention, the spray was a hit & miss 😔

It was in a great location, lots of things to do in the valley that was close. Also close to our daughters place she has just bought.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Cabin

Happy to listen to kids laughing/playing, riding bikes & scooters. But, Management should BAN (children/toy) motorised scooters!!!

Attending a wedding in the area? Highly recommend staying here, great location! Will definitely return & this time to explore Guildford & all the Swan Valley has to offer! Ideal for families, young & old!

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

Dirty undies left behind bathroom door,dirty microwave, battery’s flat in 2 remotes, difficult door lock, 2 bed unit but only 1 x 2 seater lounge, no TV in either bedroom to compensate

Good towels, beds not bad good linen, good playground and pool Units not bad just miss the mark with a few things

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Cabin

We checked in late. We had instructions for obtaining our key and they worked well but there were no instructions for how to get through the barrier. Fortunately we were helped by someone who had checked in earlier in the day.

Good facilities in the kitchenette, Air-con worked well, undercover parking,

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Cabin

The bathroom was like a hospital- for a wheelchair patient- and nowhere to put our toiletries etc

Bedrooms were comfortable and kitchen was excellent with plenty of cooking and dining in necessities eg coffee machine, microwave, crockery, cutlery etc. Air conditioning was very good.

Wanted to stay longer

I like the staff so accomodating. I have made another booking. In two weeks time. It’s relaxing and I have a son with autism and he said he loved it and that is true to how good it is here.

We got the 2 bedroom cabin which was huge for 3 people. There's the stove, fridge, microwave oven, toaster. Full amenities available at the cabin. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

• Standard Two Bedroom Cabin

Master bedroom bed is too small. I was sleeping only with my toddler and I find it rather squeezy. Poor insulation. It is summer and we find the cabin too cold at night...(without turning on ac)

The place has been throughly cleaned (feels fresh when you first stepped in). Adequate space for everything. Love the fact they even provided a Nespresso machine and a wall mounted tv in the cabin master bedroom. Very thoughtful. Booking.com made a mistake and probably did not transmit the right date to the staff (as I modified the date) but the staff was nice to fix it for me on spot.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Cabin

The pillows were all too high and the bed was too soft.

The location and amenities are brilliant. I will stay here again. Suited to couples or families.

nothing at all. :-)

The rooms are clean and most important quiet enough to rest. We also like the environment there. Our bonus, we had a buggy ride for free on Monday. :-)

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

wifi connection is per password code and signal not stable

the villa is nicely kept. rooms air con/heater are all working. shelter for parking. nice play ground pool and buggy for hire to ride around the area for the kids.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

Need transport for shopping and going out to explore, public transport non existent no adult club house or restaurant or cafe on site

Plenty of room air con in bedrooms and living area very clean beds extremely comfortable staff very helpful clean towels available every day

My stay was too short!!

Made me feel amazing when staff smiled and welcomed me back. It's something special when you are remembered by staff. Everyone from the housekeepers- groundsmen to the receptionists. They made me feel valued.

• Superior Three-Bedroom Cabin

That I didn't get to stay longer

So comfortable and clean. Amazing friendly accomodating staff, well tendered grounds feels like you're on holiday in absolute luxury and style. Fully equipped to be your home away from home.

• Standard Studio Cabin

Nothing really, bed a bit wobbly on casters. Maybe need brsked.

Pool, comfy pillows in the cabin. Close to the city but feels rural with the surrounding vineyards. I qould have booked another night if I had realised just how close it is to perth central, airport, etc.

as above

I could have stayed in a motel with room service and daily room cleaning for less $. I asked for more coffee sachets and was told I would have to pay for them OMG. Poor phone reception in room. NO information about WiFi provided

• Deluxe Three-Bedroom Cabin

We stayed there twice. The recent one in Nov 2017 was a bitter-sweet experience as we almost lost 2 pairs of shoes. My husband's shoes was recovered near the garbage but my son's lost his shoes for good. The manager however did not get to us despite of us reporting the incident to him.

Clean, comfortable & family-friendly

• Standard Two Bedroom Cabin

There was nothing to dislike. Well done.

From go to whoa everything was excellent. If there was anything other than excellent I can only be picky and suggest that the flyscreen to the entrance is in need of attention before the summer flies become active.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

Perfect for what we needed not far from state equestrian centre we were there for state finals comfortable and clean and value for money and child friendly

• Standard Two Bedroom Cabin

No Dryer for most days so had problems washing and drying clothes, No WIFI at all so data cost a lot more, no instructions for the rooms, pipes banged when water being used, lounge sunk straight through as mattress off lounge was missing (fold out Bed) Room was dirty on arrival and very poorly maintained. Nothing local to do unless you drink and as no real instructions could not find way around. STAFF POORLY TRAINED, could not help with Internet query, could not give general directions to shop and could not give me a price on a bottle of PowerAde, she guessed the price but couldn't scan it properly. Security, Don't even start me on the stupid gate that took me a half hour to get working, wasn't aware I needed to scan my card to get in and out of the park, once I worked it out the card had to be held on the beam to work. There was a load of works being done at the Park and these needed to be communicated.

There was not a lot to like about this park. The bed was probably the best I have ever slept in. For my family that is where it stops. If you are a drinker the park is exceptionally well placed to take advantage of the local wineries.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

In the main bedroom there was no carpet which caused the bed which was on wheels to roll around abit when you rolled over during the night

I loved how big the shower was and how spacious the accomodation was, easy parking and overall just great.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Cabin

The moment we drove into the estate, we never like the place. We realized there are permanent residents staying there and the place is rather messy and we felt unsafe. After second thought, we returned the key to the reception (drop key into the box as reception was closed!) and moved out of the place without staying at all. And the owner of the estate did not even follow up to find out the reason of not staying in their estate. Totally disappointed with this place. Further to that, we also realized some units are up for sale. We really wonder what kind of estate is this.

• Standard Two Bedroom Cabin

The only disadvantage is poor Wifi signal.

Very clean and cozy. It has the complete kitchenette. Very enjoy staying here. Definitely is my choice during next trip.

• Deluxe Three-Bedroom Cabin

Only one gate swipe key for access to chalets. Bit tricky when more than one car for the three bed chalet after hours.

Extra little touches to the chalet like coffee machine and dishwasher.Extra parking.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

cabin abit small; wifi is erratic, cant receive much signal; toilet design is bad, perpetually wet after shower; floor is sticky even after mopping.

decent location in swan valley

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

The angle to which we had to try and park our vehicle under the carport, was the only things we did not like.

Very central to what our plans were for a relaxing weekend. The property we stayed in was very clean and refreshing to see.

• Standard Studio Cabin

The bathroom is a little cramped making it difficult to move around

Met our requirements perfectly. Would highly recommend staying here overnight if you have a wedding to attend at caversham house or in the area. Staff were polite and friendly and the room had everything you needed and very clean.

• Standard Two Bedroom Cabin

There isn't anything I could say that was negative about Discovery Park.

I traveled with my two older children. We were offered the deluxe chalet (3 bedroom) We found the chalet very spacious, well equipped, beds very comfortable and my daughter was very pleased to have a television and ensuite in her room. I would highly recommend Discovery Park to all my family and friends as it is value for money and so very close to wineries and restaurants. Thank you again to the staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

Everything was great. Did not find anything that was a problem.

Was well located for our purpose. The accomodation was exceptional for an onsite "cabin". I Was So impressed that I have contacted the manufacturer to enquire about the possibility of acquiring one for a granny flat.

• Deluxe Three-Bedroom Cabin

- At night can be a bit quiet especially the surrounding units are empty. The door is just a lock, not sure how safe it is. And the compound is not properly gated. In time of emergency not sure who to call as reception is only till 6pm.

- very clean and new 3 bedroom apartment - comfortable beds and clean linen and towels - it has everything we need especially the heating during winter.

• Standard Studio Cabin

Couldn't get the air conditioner to work when arriving back after a wedding (after midnight). It was freezing cold! A manual/instructions would have been helpful. Not everyone knows how to operate that type of air conditioning.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Deluxe Three-Bedroom Cabin

There is no toilet bidet spray still. Limited number of washing machine.

Stayed for the second time. Condition of the room / area are as good as how i stayed 2 years ago. Staff are very friendly as usual. There's a new macaroon shop opens right in front of cabin. Absolutely recommended for a free spirited family. Away from the town area.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Cabin

There was a power failure one morning, the office phone wasn't answered and our call not returned. It was resolved, but only after asking cleaning staff to contact the office and arrange a maintenance man to attend.

We had been upgraded to a Villa in the new section which was spacious, had all the necessary furniture & equipment, and the couches and beds were comfortable - we particularly liked the space to put suitcases under the robes. Our villa had plenty of natural light and was in a quiet location.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Cabin

Complete apartment facilities with complete kitchen (not forgetting spacious) plus located in the heart of Swan Valley - around beautiful vineyards - near to most attractions by car and easy reach

• Deluxe Three-Bedroom Cabin

Proximity to main road. There was a lot of traffic, although once in the cabin, noise wasn't a problem.

Proximity to the sights, restaurants and vineyards of the Swan Valley was excellent! The cabin was very well appointed, clean, well-sized for a group and had air conditioning in every room.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Standard Studio Cabin

Wifi was free, but there was no connection to the network. There are also no bath slippers provided, so please bring your own.

Convenient access to premises after office hours. We just had to collect our keys from the after-hours safe.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Standard Studio Cabin

Roomy, comfortable, clean cabin. lovely hot water shower easy to use. Proximity of caravan Park to Cafe & winery & Redtsurant - walking distance.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Cabin

The floor was sticky, not clean. I can't even connect to the free Wi-Fi provided. We were told that there was limited Wi-Fi access.

The staff at reception was friendly and helpful. The location is convenient to get around Swan Valley and city too.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Cabin

Next to a busy road, building work next to the park. It was very noisy. The bathroom kept steaming up despite the window being open and the smoke alarm kept going off.

The price was great

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Cabin

We locked ourselves out of the unit and when we returned home at midnight we woke the person in charge to help us. He was exceptionally polite and helpful given the time of day!

Toilet door was self closing and it squeaked like a dying cat every time someone used it in the middle of the night

Everything - suited our group of friends very nicely

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

Staff couldn't help with local knowledge - we asked If they knew any shops opened in the area. The lady on the phone admitted that although a lot of people have asked that day (Good Friday) she has no idea.

Great spot for families.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

All the taps are loose in the rooms and their all wobbly.. All the remotes had flat batteries. There was an old gross mop left in the bathroom.

Service was sensational. Really great place to take the kids. Seriously the kids program for school holidays are incredible.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Deluxe Three-Bedroom Cabin

The wifi was very slow and erratic. The barbecues had been left dirty.

The staff at check-in/check-out were very friendly and made this very easy. The accommodation was very clean and comfortable.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Cabin

nothing too complain about everyone was friendly.

yes the bed was comfy and the room was relaxing and most enjoyable. we have stayed before and enjoyed ourselves as well then.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Villa (4 Guests)

pool could be a little larger, was a lot of guest trying to squeeze in as it was HOT!

awesome beds, aircon in both bedrooms soft doona clean, awesome staff great location modern new villas

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Cabin

Ironing board was broken. Having smokers in the next unit meant you could not sit outside as if they were outside smoking it went straight into your space.

well organised cabin very clean and comfortable Ironing board was broken

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Cabin

No bidet spray installed in the toilet. It would also be more helpful to have handheld shower head in the bathroom.

The cleanliness & serenity of the property. Very relaxing. I would strongly recommend to all families.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Cabin

I would have to say in my honest opinion that there was not a lot that I could fault with our stay.

The quality of the facilities are amazing, everything was neat and tidy which made us feel welcome and made our stay feel comfortable. I enjoyed spending quiet time over in the recreation room as well as a few games with the kids, it has something for everyone.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Cabin

The games room and tv room on the site were very disappointing. Old and shabby.

The accommodation had everything we needed. No need to bring any home comforts as the holiday chalet had it all. Extra pillows, blankets, towels soap etc...

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Deluxe Three-Bedroom Cabin

Road works were being done at time of stay. Work was being done through to 4:00 am, so interrupted sleep.

Air conditioners were excellent, showers and hot water were fantastic. Could not find faults with property.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Standard Studio Cabin

The bed was too soft with little support for 2 people. The ironing board was rickety but serviceable.

Great value and everything we needed for our short stay. Lots of pillows and bedding, good quality tv, airconditioning and appliances. It was peaceful with plenty of room between cabins and guests.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Standard Two Bedroom Cabin

The floor in our cabin had not been washed, with a large sticky patch where the previous tenants had spilled juice or cool drink. I also found a half-eaten cheesymite scroll under the TV cabinet. Only one bed was made up for the children and not made up correctly, with a bare doona for them to sleep under. There was also no washing-up liquid.

The cabins are new and modern and, despite being close to the road, the traffic noise did not bother us. Office staff were very friendly, though didn't really react much to my report on our poorly cleaned unit.