Reviews of Atlantis Hotel Melbourne 4 stars

300 Spencer Street, 3000 Melbourne, Australia

#61 of 169 hotels in Melbourne

Overall great location,pool was great for kids and
    • Executive Queen Suite

Breakfast was good but not a vast selection for a buffet ,it was very basic.Also the room didn’t have a view so for the price it could have been a little cheaper.Also we had a few issues with the swipe entry card to the room which was rectified quickly but did happen a few times over the stay.

Beds are comfy. Great location. Friendly staff.

Great location, clean & comfortable & the staff are...
    • GRANDVIEW Sale

It was really just some of the other guests on our floor were noisy which can’t be helped. Otherwise it was terrific

Great location, clean & comfortable & the staff are fabulous from the front desk to the cleaning they were all so friendly & helpful.

Served its purpose.
    • Superior Twin Room

I have stayed before and was disappointed to get a room this time, with no window you could see through. Was claustrophobic. There was no information in the room. The tv was on the World Cup and couldn’t change it. The radio didn’t work.

Convenience to station

Great. Will use again after our third visit.
    • GRANDVIEW Sale

Excellent pool. Tram location outside the door brilliant. Couldn't be safer with major police station over the road!! Bag storage availability very useful.

Staff were helpful and cheerful.
    • GRANDVIEW Sale

Pillows were a little 'fat' got used to it after night one though.

Staff were helpful and cheerful. Venue was close to everything we wanted to do

We use this hotel often for its proximity to Spence street...
    • GRANDVIEW Sale

We use this hotel often for its proximity to Spence street station and the skybus to the airport and are always happy with the hotel. The room is basic but very clean and comfortable and the staff are consistently friendly and helpful. Wifi good. Will continue staying here in the future. Great value for money.

great location to station great service with clean rooms
    • GRANDVIEW Sale

the beds needs a pillow top on the matress and it would of been perfect and room imo was a little pricey for one person for one night 97 dollars last time we stayed it was 120 for 2 ppl so only 60 dollars each wasnt expecting 97 dollar

room was great and clean beds reasoncale service at front desk great

Great location, great price, friendly staff, nice and clean.
    • Superior Queen Room - Disability Access

It would have been nice to have had extra pillows in the room. Bedside table lamps would have been handy - down lights over the bed when trying to read are very harsh and overly bright and not very nice. An information folder in the room would have been handy, as well as a comfortable lounge chair to sit in - the rickety dining chair provided was not very comfortable and seemed like an afterthought. Also, a small desk or something for extra storage in the room wouldn't have gone astray. In the disabled bathroom, the poor slope on the floor meant that all the water from the shower pooled around the toilet and fell toward the door leading to the bedroom. This has obviously been an ongoing problem because there was evidence of water damage to the architraves around the door, and the carpet had mats over the top trying to disguise a fair amount of damage to the carpet underneath.

The bed was quite comfortable. We stayed in the wheelchair/disability accessible room, and the bathroom was beautifully presented and clean, The room was nice and suitable for our needs. We would definitely stay again.

Comfortable and convenient base for my activities in Melbourne
    • GRANDVIEW Sale

Would have appreciated guest laundry facilities. Nearest recommended laundromat is some blocks away

Facilities clean and spacious, staff friendly and helpful, near Southern Cross station and CBD

A fantastic location, great staff and comfortable accommodation.
    • Executive Queen Suite

Close to the airport transfer bus. The staff are happy to help and they allowed us to use the room when we arrived outside check in time. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Thoroughly enjoyable, quiet despite the building next door and great location
    • Executive Queen Suite

Unfortunately the cleaning was hit and miss. A coffee table had a spill on it the second night and it was never cleaned, hopefully it was been cleaned after I left.

The location was excellent. Tram outside, Spencer Street station across the road, Victoria Markets up the street.

i recommend this hotel and i will be keep booking next time when im in Melbourne
    • GRANDVIEW Sale

Just a bit disappointed no cutlery except one teaspoon only! Apart from that it's the best hotel by far!

It's one of the best hotel me and my partner ever stayed, and more convenient to everywhere you want to go. Me and my partner would love to book the same place again when we go back and visit Melbourne.

Great accommodation, close to heart of city at extremely competitive price.
    • Executive Queen Suite

Would be nice if the pool area had extra towels available for guests but frankly I am just nitpicking at this point.

Great accommodation, close to heart of city at extremely competitive price. Rooms were clean and the pool, sauna and gym were well equipped.

Nice place to stay! We will stay there again!
    • Executive Queen Suite

Looked out the window, it was like looking at an elevator shaft with windows! So that was disappointing.

The room was very clean & catered to our needs. Nice & close to southern cross station, Etihad & walking distance to Hardware Lane.

easy private and comfy
    • Executive Queen Suite

the room was so comfortable. the bed was the best ive slept on in any hotel. i felt i received complete privacy unless i initiated contact which ia a good thing and they were felxible with letting us keep the same room when extending our stay.

We like this motel it's located close to where we go in...
    • Double Room with City View

We like this motel it's located close to where we go in Melbourne we have never had an issue at all when staying there staff always friendly and helpful.

Convenient, comfortable and affordable, just a pity other guests have no consideration.
    • Executive Queen Suite

Unfortunately I experienced a sleepless night due to the noise and activity of nearby guests. I am annoyed people have no consideration of others. I had made last minute arrangements due to work commitments and felt my wellbeing would benefit by travelling to Melbourne the night before and be rested and not have to contend with peak hour traffic, to get to a compulsory training session on time without traffic delay and too much stress.

Location, parking availability

Excellent service comfy room
    • GRANDVIEW Sale

Rooms were spacious, Reception staff were friendly and helpful - great experience in Melbourne on my first night there 😊😊

Location was close to Spencer Street station

Great location with easy access to the city, walking...
    • Executive Queen Suite

The day I checked in me and my partner found some blood stains on the quint and later the pillow as well, they replaced the quint of course, but the next day after they did housekeeping to change the sheet it triggered my partner's allergy which he was already cured before the trip so if you are looking for a clean place you do not wanna go there. PS: the breakfast buffet is a disaster, the only warm meal they were serving was scrambled eggs, and some soup I didn't risk myself into tasting, no meat, or anything. Slices of bread, kinds of butter, cereals, milk, coffees from a coffee machine plus scrambled eggs and soup as I mentioned were the only things available there, and It's for $12 per person, even if you are staying there, don't try it, spend your hard earned money to some real breakfast place around the place, trust me there are plenty

Great location with easy access to the city, walking (relatively) distance to food shopping and everything, the staff was friendly too

would recommend this hotel because it is very comfy & easy to get to
    • Executive Queen Suite

My only criticism is having Foxtel without having the dedicated AFL Channel. We are in Melbourne after all. In saying that I'm not sure you didn't have it

room was good size ,bed comfy facilities great & very close to where I needed to be. Very easy to get to from train station & tram stop right outside. We have stayed here a few times & keep coming back.

Would stay again just wouldn't worry about breakdast
    • Executive Queen Suite

The buffet breakfast wasn't buffet just scrambled egg and baked beans wouldn't of paid for it if I knew that's all you got.

Close to southern cross train station

Lovely and quiet, most enjoyable.
    • Executive Queen Suite

It wasn't our first time to stay there, if there had been anything we didn't like we wouldn't have gone back.

Lovely welcome from friendly helpful staff. Warm room, hot shower, cup of tea in the comfort of the room. Warm comfy big bed. Great breakfast hot and fresh, efficient staff cleaned up as soon as someone finished. On check out we were able to leave our luggage for a while until our train departure, so we could meet our granddaughter for a quick coffee.

It was nice and convenient but shame abou the mysterious whereabouts of my hand bag.
    • Executive Queen Suite

I lost my handbag, in I believe the room or in their parking lot and was a little disappointed that one of the staff could go check it for me. They said the cleaning staff would look for it, and it was not found/handed in.

The booking got done wrong so I asked to change it and they did it with out any troubles.

The pleasant feeling of being in a comfortable venue at a...
    • Executive Queen Suite

A general comment. -. Feeling the computer and the transaction is the aim of the welcome to the hotel.

The pleasant feeling of being in a comfortable venue at a great price.

Place where you can feel like home
    • Executive Queen Suite

B’fast is the same every day, additional blanket was dirty, small bathroom

Convenient city location - next to Skybus, friendly staff members - especially in housekeeping, very spacious rooms, good coffee, overall cleanliness, excellent value for money, super easy early check-in

Great room. Lovely stay. Would recommend it to anyone.
    • Double Room with City View

Only two tiny gripes: the toiletries could have been better as there were 2 people in the room but only one each of shampoo & conditioner, plus one very small cake of soap. I also felt they skimped a bit on the sachets of tea & coffee as only 3 of each were supplied.

The room was clean, neat & very quite, the bed & pillows very comfy while good lighting made bedtime reading easy. With trains, trams, busses & taxis on your doorstep, getting around Melbourne is an easy exercise. Eateries & supermarkets / convenience stores are in plentiful supply while the $12 buffet breakfast is something not to be overlooked - terrific value!

Great location convenient to southern cross station.
    • GRANDVIEW Sale

Breakfast not much choices. Basic facilities such as bathrobes and slipper do not provide.

Great location convenient to southern cross station. Close to major train station.

Short & sweet. Recommended
    • Executive Queen Suite

Toilet paper in short supply. Contential breakfast with no bacon (eggs & backed beans). Payment issue - not transacted thru Bookings.com

Friendly & helpful staff.

This hotel met my needs.
    • Executive Queen Suite

Some rooms have limited views also a bit close to nearby apartments so privacy may be an issue.

Comfortable and clean hotel located close to transport including airport bus terminal.

Location is great for access to Southern Cross Train and Bus...
    • Superior Twin Room

Need to travel to find a restaurant - one Italian on the corner but closed on a Monday. No sports channels on TV.

Location is great for access to Southern Cross Train and Bus hub - why I chose it. Tram stops outside too. Nicely appointed modern room and on the 10th floor I could not hear any street noise. Good WiFi and reasonably priced breakfast.

One of the best hotels ive stayed in...
    • Executive Queen Suite

Atlantis has a great location in cbd close to everything..

They staff were very helpful and friendly plus before i checked in amd after i was able to leave my car in there car park for a small fee which left me and my son to enjoy our time amd not have to worry...

I booked a room with a city view and paid the extra but I...

The room

I booked a room with a city view and paid the extra but I didn’t get the city view I get the back of the buildings view 🙄 I didn’t see any view beside the construction site the room smells not nice closed widows no fresh air to the room

$12.00 breakfast you leave feeling full and satisfied.

No comment

$12.00 breakfast you leave feeling full and satisfied. Beds always comfy lovely big shower . Best of all sooo quiet. Tram stops out the front door.

Great value for money.
    • Executive Queen Suite

Great value for money. Very close to Etihad Stadium if you're a 'football traveler'. Tram stop is right across the road, so very easy to get to Bourke St Mall, the Casino, Chinatown, or other great Melbourne places of interest. Handy that there's car parking on site. Breakfast is basic but good value. Would stay again.

Location to the city is amazing!
    • Executive Queen Suite

A good night sleep for everyone, even if it was the first room closet to the lifts. The bathroom needed a little work, I did tell the staff about the room bathroom.

Location to the city is amazing! Easy walk to food courts and restaurants A supermarket down the road Easy access to trams and trains Parking is on is in the same building a big plus Check in and out was a breeze no issues Good size room, we didn't spend a lot of time in the room.

Accommodated early check in to suit my partner who had just...
    • Double Room with City View

Toilet was clean where you could see, but when standing in the hallway you could see under the rim and it was mouldy/black and pretty gross to see.

Accommodated early check in to suit my partner who had just returned from an international flight.

Friendly staff.
    • Executive Queen Suite

Could have more staff at the reception. There’s only 1 or 2 staff at times and I have to wait for quite a while to ask for something. I’ve tried the rooms at both towers and seems like that the rooms at tower 1 and at tower 2 are different. One looks older than the other. The electric kettle looks old and dirty and I don’t even dare to use it. The breakfast is not worth it!! Don’t ever pay for the breakfast. There was only bread slices, a few jams in small packets, and cereals, scrambled eggs and baked beans and that’s all! Totally not worth the price and appetite. Gym is very small and seems old too.

Friendly staff. Convenient location to Southern Cross. Housekeeping was good.

A good location fo business travellers on a budget
    • Executive Queen Suite

The clock radio and the TV have seen better days, but were functional and sufficient. The initial flow of warm water each time the cold tap over the basin was turned on was novel.

A good sized room with modern decor, adequately provisioned for one or two people for the night. The hotel is well located close to Spencer Street Station and just outside the legal district. A good location fo business travellers on a budget.

Always a great place to stay, will back again soon.
    • Executive Queen Suite

Nothing wrong with the rooms, just wish trams didn’t start so early💤

Really like close proximity to everything we needed. Great that you can leave your luggage until it’s time to leave for Airport.

Helpful Friendly staff and a great location
    • Executive Queen Suite

The staff are always friendly and helpful and the rooms are very comfortable. If you are in Melbourne for business or on holiday the location is excellent.

Complimentary wifi is really poor, like you could walk out...
    • Executive Queen Suite

Complimentary wifi is really poor, like you could walk out of the hotel and the free wifi in the city is much more faster than it. But you do have the option to upgrade at a cost. Honestly, this was the only downside, so if that doesn't matter to you, this is the perfect place to stay!

The friendly, efficient staff.
    • Executive Queen Suite

The pillows were very uncomfortable!! Needed a change room in the pool area...I ran through the foyer in a towel to get to the lifts!! Not a pretty sight......

The friendly, efficient staff. Good position, close to Southern Cross station. Great breakfast available, clean and comfortable room.

Ok
    • Superior Twin Room

One night stay only so no further comments

Convenience to Southern Cross station as we were catching the Sky Bus to the airport. Room was good, no issues.

Good, could be better for the price we pay!
    • Executive Queen Suite

Just watch out when using iron and iron board as it has stained my clothes. Their hair dryer was not working properly. In comparison to a similar hotel that I stayed around Melbourne city, I feel that they could do better for the price we are paying.

Generally good. Superb parking facility available with flat rates.

Budget hotel with Close to Everything in MEL
    • Executive Queen Suite

Bathroom space and Shower Head, please upgrade, and and place to put soap while you bath.

Location opposite Southern Cross Station and Cole and close to Park. Budget and spacey room. I stayed here more than 5 times

Good value mid week
    • Superior Queen Room - Disability Access

Booked a disabled room for my mother as she needs a grab rail near toilet. Was disappointed when it didn't have one. Could see where it used to be.

Location and price were very good. Not seen that price again, must have been a super special.
    • Executive Queen Suite

There was an extra blanket, which l wanted to use.The blanket had some small brown spots on it, not sure what they were and l didn't want to find out. I called reception and requested a clean blanket, which they were happy to supply. The room was quite cold and the controls didn't seem to allow you put the heat up. I could have checked with reception, but l just waited for the clean blanket.

Location was good, close to Southern Cross Station. Price was very good, l have not seen that price since. Large room. Breakfast was good for me, l am a vegetarian, l did not see any meat. Overall a very good price, in a good location.

• Grand Double Room with Dockland View

This hotel is in a great location if you need easy access to trams or Southern Cross station. It's also very handy for catching the SkyBus to the airport. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

Great location, walking distance to Queen Vic Market. Comfortable room. Slept well. Value brekky.
    • Executive Queen Suite

Sheets layout on bed unusual..kept rolling up during night. Using air-conditioning was a little confusing, clarified after I rang reception. Perhaps a little note on wall next to unit might help. There were some flashing lights going off during night (I suspect red light or speed camera at intersection below) - I was on 12th floor.

Great location near Southern Cross Station so easy access to city sights. Made the most of the easy walk to Victoria Market, twice. Very comfortable room with good toiletries. Slept well. Actually had a reasonable view to city night lights - wasn't expecting this with cheaper room I booked. The $12 breakfast was definitely good value -not too many places you'd get coffee/tea, cereals, juice, toast, scrambled eggs and baked beans for this value. Great selection.

Absolutely brilliant and enjoyable
    • Executive Queen Suite

The staff were so friendly and were willing to answer any questions I had The room was clean and the bed was so comfortable The location was great easy to walk anywhere and easy to get to Southern Cross Station

21st century anonymous, supermarket hotel.
    • Executive Queen Suite

Staff obviously not very well trained, therefore don't care much. The rooms are sterile, airless, bleak boxes with not a glass or friendly touch in site. This is no 4 star hotel, or anywhere near it. Dreadful breakfast room and breakfast selection, don't bother with it, go outside and find something. One vaguely friendly front desk moment, but otherwise the staff couldn't bother making any human connection, is this the style of hotel hospitality now ?

Proximity to Southern Cross rail station, and the central...
    • Superior Twin Room

Only one small towel rail for the hand towel in the bathroom. Another one for bath towels would be good. Otherwise, the room was perfect.

Proximity to Southern Cross rail station, and the central city.

Great value for money
    • Executive Queen Suite

Nothing to say. Everything was fine

Convenient location close to the station and to the trams, the staff was super helpful and the room clean and spacious.

Great hotel
    • Executive Queen Suite

Breakfast was just cereal and toasted white bread. Not what we had hoped for.

Spacious room and good bed. Location perfect. Parking for 20 dollar was reasonable.

Comfortable and quiet.
    • Executive Queen Suite with Dockland View

The view did not match the photo on the web site. We were exxpecting to be able to see more of the trains but apparently the photo was taken from a higher floor.

Excellent hotel with friendly staff and a perfect location. Will stay again when in Melbourne.
    • Executive Queen Suite

That my original booking with booking.com did not go through with my payment details.

The friendly staff and their assistance plus the location of the hotel is brilliant.

I would stay again
    • Grand Double Room with Dockland View

Car park situation was up in the air with bookings.com saying there's available carparking and then the hotel saying it's first in and if none are available they will direct me to another car park which didn't suit as I have a lot of things that I was taking to a from the car and I needed them in the same location. I needed to have the confirmation that I could definitely park there but I didn't get it but luckily I was able to secure a car park each day.

Location was great and the staff were happy friendly and very helpful with making things easy as well as helping with directions and places to visit

Value for money, were able to check in very early as room...
    • Executive Queen Suite

The room was warm and only having doona and no sheet makes warm sleeping. Toilet roll holder needs changing as roll wouldn’t stay on.

Value for money, were able to check in very early as room was ready at 10.45am, great value for car parking.

Our stay was comfortable and the staff were excellent I do feel though that the price is a bit dear
    • Executive Queen Suite

The price I feel was a little dear TV could have abit bigger No biscuits to accompany the tea and coffee

Proximity to the city and thing we wanted to do

Enjoyable
    • Executive Queen Suite with Dockland View

It is very convenient to the station,as we are country people.my daughter& granddaughter from Queensland stayed for 4 nights and my other daughter & my self stayed so we could catchup with them for their short stay.hotel were kind enough to put us in adjoining rooms.my husband and I always stay here when we’re in Melbourne would recommend to anyone thanks

Great stay at discounted price

Nothing, really.

I got a wonderful room for a discounted price, thanks to a promotion, which they often have. Room was very comfortable and spotless. Free breakfast was included, basic food selection, nothing fancy but really

Exactly what we wanted.

Nothing comes to mind.

All staff members that we came in contact with were highly knowledgeable of all aspects of their role in ensuring an enjoyable and safe visit by my wife and myself. The costs were reasonable and the venue was ideal.

Would recommend this hotel. Good values or money, good location, quiet, clean and friendly.
    • Executive Queen Suite with Dockland View

Hmmmm......nothing negative to comment on.

For the price was expecting a really squishy room, but it was wonderfully spacious and just very comfortable. Perfect for the price andI very clean, quiet and had a good nights sleep. Next time I'll check out the pool. Thanks Atlantis!

Excellent location for a reasonable price.
    • Executive Queen Suite

There is no window that can be opened in the room, only A/C.

Perfect location, 5 minutes walk to the SkyBus airport shuttle station. Many tram lines in 3 min walking distance, including the free tourist tram number 35 (city circle).

As above
    • Executive Queen Suite with Dockland View

I always try to book here as the staff are friendly and accommodating. There is no fuss with checking in, or getting them to order a taxi for me. Sometimes l get there early and the allow me to check in.

good for short stay for somebody travelling alone.
    • Executive Queen Suite

the breakfast could have been with more offers, there were no any cheeses, only two sorts of juice, no bakery at all, no whole eggs.

location, cleanness.

Very enjoyable
    • Superior Twin Room

I couldn’t find the hair dryer as it was hidden too well. Haha. A welcome cookie would be a nice touch if you are looking to improve.

They tried to aceed to all my requests. They also have a great weighing machine that I can easily access to. Very value for money. A good hotel with no fuss. Would definitely stay there again.

Clean, spacious room in a good location for trams into the...
    • Executive Queen Suite

The pool was underwhelming and the smell of chlorine was overpowering.

Clean, spacious room in a good location for trams into the CBD. Extremely friendly and helpful staff.

engoyable
    • Superior Queen Room - Disability Access

I would like a literature of places to eat,things that are in close proximity,restaurants,entertainment,travel,etc. morning paper.

The overall frienliness and the front staff willingness to help,thankyou.Jacob and Ashleigh thank you.

Bedding and pillows were excellent.
    • Grand Double Room with Dockland View

A toaster would have been handy, and a complimentary bottle of water also.

Bedding and pillows were excellent. Parking was easy and convenient. Lifts were quick and efficient. Check in and out was smooth. Rooms were very clean. Tv reception was great.

Would def stay again. Was value for money, tram outside, short walk to train/station and supermarket
    • Executive Queen Suite

Just a towel rail to hang wet bath towels on

Don’t know what Genius Perks are so cant really answer. Room view was looking at a brick wall. However we are not upset because we could open our Venetian to allow light in but still have our privacy so it was a good thing.

Clean and basic hotel in the CBD.
    • Grand Double Room with Dockland View

The pillows are of a poor quality.

We stay here around 10 times every year. It is in a great spot, tram stop is right outside. It is always clean. Across the road from southern cross station. Very quiet. Parking is excellent.

We enjoyed our stay it was what we expected and found it good value and will go there again.
    • Executive Queen Suite

No printed information in the room the shower needed an extra clean and the cups were stained.

The staff were very helpfull and the location was handy for our needs. The breakfast was good value for money. The swimming pool was nice to have and the sauna .we did not use the gym as we were only there for a short stay .

Wouldnt recommended for a weekend getaway
    • Grand Double Room with Dockland View

First of all the elevator was super fast and made me nauseated everytime i was in it and even after stepping out i would always lose my balance, the room was small actually felt claustrophobic and could feel the heat once stepping into the elevator and in the hallway to the room. The scenery was shocking "DOCKLANDS" you mean behind the huge as police building and all the construction work?? and the winner was the breakfast the next day the eggs weren't cooked properly for 12$ you could taste how cheap it was the baked beans and cereal.

Well i can say even thou the pool wasnt heated it was definitely the one thing that was great for what the property had to offer.

staff were great, rooms are clean
    • Executive Queen Suite

the bed was somewhat uncomfortable, i think it was too soft for me as i had quite a bit of trouble sleeping (very rare for me, can usually fall asleep anywhere/any time)

staff were great, rooms are clean