Reviews of Rydges World Square 4.5 stars

389 Pitt Street, Sydney CBD, 2000 Sydney, Australia

#96 of 316 hotels in Sydney

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Pleasant

$300 deposit on room not told in advance....had to wait around for them to refund or else they would have made me wait 3-5 days?!? Attitude of staff member on check in was bad Toilet ran constantly and mini bar had been used by others

Bed was excellent Room service was excellent

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

I was very disappointed that my car window was scratched at...

I was very disappointed that my car window was scratched at some point while in the hands of the carpark attendance. I notified the management team, however I was informed that I would not be compensated for the damage. grrrr

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Not happy this stay but we’re compensated with a bottle of bubbly as it was our anniversary.

We had to change rooms as the power went off twice in two hours., plus dirty dishes left at the door of the room. The room we were allocated was a smaller room than what we paid for.

The breakfast we had next door and the price

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Location was great, concierge team was good but overall average stay.
    • Executive King Room

Below average check in. I came to check in at 6pm and they hadn’t allocated a room yet. The GSA actually swore under his breath when trying to find a room. Also did not receive any information on check in regarding how to use the key, internet, check out times, one of the entrances was closed after a certain time in the night. The cleanliness in the rooms could also be improved. There was a build up of gunk on the light switches for example. When I did have my room serviced it was an very poor effort as well.

Great location and some good initiatives in the rooms like the $10 Food and Beverage credit if you don’t have a service. Also notified about Daylight Savings which was appreciated.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Loved the comfy beds and the space in the family room great...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Wanted early check in and out but didn’t get it and the 24 hour room service options are very limited

Loved the comfy beds and the space in the family room great for a group of people. Loved the bathrooms as there was a bath as well as a normal shower next too it great amount of space !

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Plates from others guest room service were left outside our...

Plates from others guest room service were left outside our room in hall for more that 9 hours. Room cleaning had moved the tray to get their cleaning through the hallway but still left it on the floor.

Convenient place to go,comfortable room and staff friendly.

The room so big and comfortable for both of us.besides that, hotel is near with shopping, trains are station and food store too very convenient. Last and not list, hotel's staff is friendly too.

The location and staff were amazing
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Our room had a weird smell about it and our pillows had a sweaty smell. The parking at the hotel is very expensive.

The location and staff were amazing

Property is Being renovated, a lot of painting going on in...

Property is Being renovated, a lot of painting going on in hallways and rooms, smell of paint everywhere. Not too mention they tried to put me in a room that was of less value then the one I booked and had to get this rectified with staff which was an issue for them but my money is my money, Was definitely not worth the $300 a night at all.

A very good stay

I gave some feeback about the pillows, hotel will address but there was a pillow menu I could have utilised to address issue but I didn't due to time of the night.

The bed was extra comfy and the hotel was very central to train station and the conference centre I was attending.

Very poor hotel this time not as good as last time retardant food good

The tv did not work The toilet needed 5or 6 flushes to clear No tea spoons or a knife No teligraph paper Did not any benifits from having gold card membership No breakfast as there was supposed to be when I booked much more expensive than when I stayed a short time ago It is one star less than it is rated Every hotel around the world provides two free bottles of water

Position

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The room was quite spacious.

The room was quite spacious. It was clean and the staff were very helpful and gave the information that we needed. We brought our kids along during our stay. And they surely enjoyed the room and facilities. Location, location, location! It was superb. We experienced the vibrant energy of the city, which we love so much! We will surely come back to Rydges for our next holiday.

Great stay!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There's no tooth brush provided. Would be great to have the breakfast deal in the package as well.

Location was awesome and all the shops are conveniently located. Staff were great !

Not worth the money
    • Executive King Room

Check in very slow. Additional surcharge associated with credit card pay-in not clearly stated on advance booking. I took an upgrade option but the room was exactly the same as the one I originally booked apart from a "balcony" which faced a concrete wall of the building opposite. No shelf space in the room. No complimentary water in the room. Room service tray not collected and still outside my room almost 24 hours later. For the rates being charged - it was very sloppy and average.

Very little - a very underwhelming and disappointing experience. I won't be back

Comfortable, Great Location.

Breakfast was average and would suggest do not purchase as extra but visit the many other restaurant/cafes nearby instead.

Very comfortable bed and pillows. Comfortable Hotel and great location. Great water pressure in shower.

We had a lounge area which was nice and the location was...
    • Executive King Balcony Room

The little bottle of shampoo and body moisture were not changed from the last guest as the seal on the bottles was opened.

We had a lounge area which was nice and the location was handy

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Good quality getaway... Nice and Central.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Left my phone charger behind😖, but that's my fault.

Got a room upgrade at checkin, which was great! Super comfy bed! Easy to get to, and from. Concierge parked the car. Lovely staff. Good value breakfast buffet.

Fun 4 day stay
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Rydges World Square has wonderful staff, very helpful and accomodating. We stayed in the family room and found that was a good choice in having a 14yr old daughter with us during the stay as it was comfortable and provided enough space for us. It is probably about a 15min walk to westfield Pitt St Mall but there's plenty along the way to shop and see if that was a concern, otherwise Townhall station is a 5min walk if you should choose to catch a train to get to other sights like circular Quay.

Its a nice hotel but ned

I lost one of my favourite dress in the room and have rang the hotel as soon as I arrived back home which is at the same day I checked out but the hotel never got back with any news.

Never again...scammers!!

On check in we had to pay $600 bond for our 2 rooms and was told it would be refunded 5 business days after check out. It was not a problem for us as we have savings but not everyone has a spare $600 to just give put while they are travelling, especially of they wont get it back for almost a week after leaving. On check out they told us we hadnt been charged enough for the rooms and saidnit was their mistake yet they wanted us to pay a futher $52 per room and was very insistant. Iasked for the manager who also tried to convince me to pay the extra, needless to say I "politely" told them where to go and threw them my receipt to say i had paid in full and owed no more money to them. During our check out there was also another guest trying to check in, he was physically escorted off the premises because he didnt have any ID to check in with despite providing a printed online reciept showing he had paid upfront and also giving them $300 cash for a deposit. They treat guest terribly and its extremely unprofessional. I would never recommend this place to anyone and we will never return! If i could give it a zero rating i would.

Location was good.

Upgraded due to a mix up with room - single beds for a couple. Cleaner walked in as we were unpacking after arrival - quick knock and opened the door. Mould in shower.

Location was good. Breakfast was ok. Room service was good.

Very comfortable!

Being told I had a charge on the mini bar which i did not use and had to refund. While I was in conference room and when I went to check out I was locked out from using my key to lift to my room before 11am.

Most enjoyable.

I found the Staff very helpful . Happy to assist with queries about which way to city, circular quay,railway station etc. I would certainly choose to stay when next in Sydney.

The location, the buffet breakfast and the valet parking...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Some of the bathroom hadn’t been wiped down. The pillows were insufficient, requested more and they brought one.

The location, the buffet breakfast and the valet parking till the next day 6pm

Just okay not amazing

The bed was uncomfortable. There is a mattress top that would puff up and it's like the bed is in a lean, since sleeping in this bed I have had to see my chiropractor to sort out my back. The toilet paper near the board room needs replaced it is all dusty and horrible. They have no hooks on bathroom doors to hang my bag and it's not ideal to put it in the floor whilst in toilet.

Location is perfect for easy accessibility to shops, cafes and parking at world square made it convenient.

@sydney
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There was no pool or spa, but that’s fine since there were beaches there but the weather was cold out so we didn’t get a chance to swim, it was a little of an inconvenience.

It’s in the city and close to everything, the stay was comfortable and the staff was amazing. I would definitely come back next time I’m in Sydney.

Location very central.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Beds very small, shower leaked bad, could do with a little modernization, only instant coffee in rooms and in buffet breakfast.

Location very central.

no fuss attentive professional helpful happy staff and comfy as beds !! Food was great too!!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

not applicable i was more than happy

from the day i entered the hotel staff were attentive and helpful. Room clean beds amazingly comfortable. I forgot to book final nite staff were accommodating no problem. I rebooked no fuss everyone's happy :-) thank you people of Rydges you made my experience the fabulous one that it was!!!

I like it’s location!

It was around 8am i was enjoying their comfortable bed but suddenly you’ve heard there are workers doing their repairs to the other rooms, So annoying you’ve heard the sound of their drill equipments or hammering sometimes which really disturbed your sleep.

I like it’s location! And i love their king size bed! So comfy

We stay 22 -26 june2018 for 2 rooms

the hotel is not that clean. So many dust on the bottom of the furniture such as table feet and the table. The property looks older than the age of the building

We stayed at room. 1501. The water shower was always very very hot even we already tried to control it. We hardly shower. But at the other room was fine. Nothing special about the room. You can try Meritton world suite at Liverpol if the same price ( only next building pf Rydges). The facility is newer , cleaner and much more.

great location very comfortable bed
    • Deluxe Twin Room

dropped something on the floor and found an empty bag under the bed. opened curtains and found a pair of socks behind the curtain.

the bed was very comfortable,

Good choice for business travel

Internet was average, at times unable to load simple web pages

Great location, very central. Check in/check out was very quick and easy. Good size rooms

Great stay very convenient location
    • Executive King Balcony Room

The only concern I had was the breakfast was basic with not a great deal offered.

My room had a balcony was great to wake up and go sit outside and see the atmosphere downs stairs room was very comfortable with a great layout. Staff where very friendly and welcoming. Would consider staying again

Great location, great breakfast, comfortable room.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Parking is very expensive at $60 a night. We parked in the world square car park for $40 a night.

Great location, great breakfast, comfortable room. Really nice to have a stand alone shower and bath.

Beds were a tad soft for us, cleanliness of the room was average

Staff were friendly and professional. Excellent location, easy access to many places

Good location, had balcony room which was nice.
    • Special Offer - Executive King Balcony Room with Free Parking or Free Breakfast

The mini bar had thick dust on some of the food items which made me wonder how long the items had been there.

Good location, had balcony room which was nice. Staff ok. Good option for $10 voucher for food if you don’t need housekeeping on any day.

Staffs are super nice, location is really good, close to...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The kettle is sooo dirty........toilet is not too clean. Others was okay

Staffs are super nice, location is really good, close to Chinatown, and town hall train station. Price is okay compare with other hotels

Sydney has so many interesting things to see, we were able to put up with the room

After booking we received an offer to larger room with more facilities including a balcony for $20 per night. Unfortunately the balcony was about a quarter square metre with room for one chair and small stool and it overlooked the rather unpleasant concrete innards and shopping mall downstairs. No other window. It would have been better not to upgrade if you retained a city view. Also the "high 17th floor" was pretty low, with street level equivalent to 11th floor. Lucky we were there only one night. The TV was not useful. There was no paper or online TV guide so we had to look at each channel separately to find out what was playing now and next.

Comfy bed

The beds were very comfortable.

The breakfast was fair and as expected but not great.

The beds were very comfortable. The concierge parking was handy and convenient. The location was very handy to all we wanted to do

relaxing and comfortable
    • Executive King Balcony Room

Maybe the value of the in house wine and beverages could have been a little less.

Fantastic experience. The room was lovely and clean and the bed was amazing. Very courteous and prompt staffing experience along with excellent food venues within the hotel and surrounding area. Recommend for business and pleasure.

The bed was amazing best bed I’ve ever slept in,in a hotel.
    • Executive King Balcony Room

Just need to check the mini bar few things missing that we didn’t purchase and half bottle red wine but let staff know and they were fabulous about it.

The bed was amazing best bed I’ve ever slept in,in a hotel... great location staff great

Terrible
    • Executive King Room

The room was not ready at check in time (2pm) so we left our bags and returned at 6:30 pm. The room was still not available so we were allocated a different larger room on a floor that was being renovated. The hallwayl was covered in protected sheeting and had gyprock dust EVERYWHERE including on the walls. It was like a construction zone. Even the tops of the benches in the room had a layer of dust. Not only was this a disappointment on my birthday but I’m allergic to dust. We complained and was told that if we waited (again) we could have the room we booked which was an executive room ($379 per night). The hotel offered to send someone to help with the luggage but all he did was push the button on the lift. We finally got into a clean room at 7pm and had to rush to get ready to go out. There was no view - only a solid wall facing the next building.

Bitterly disappointed - met by rude staff - poor ambience - poor food quality

Checking in was met with a non-english speaking person who was short and rude. Its obvious the Hotel only wants to cater for International non-english speaking people to rip them off! Just because we did not have a credit card, they wanted to slug us $300 deposit per night for incidentals! Fat chance when we had already prepaid for the accommodation with our credit card! On Check out they wanted to slug us another $20 for a so called room upgrade which was apparently explained at Check in - NOT!.....$60 for overnight parking on top of your room rate. The bathroom grout was poorly stained - obviously they don't use bleach to clean tiles. The minibar prices were over the top. The Morning Breakfast was poor for international standards and highly priced.

Location of other restaurants and cafes. The bed itself was comfortable and the room was dark and cosy, but thats the end of it for saying something good about it. You can read the bad stuff below, a waste of our money.

Excellant location in the Sydney CBD
    • Deluxe Twin Room

If you want a pair of disposal slippers you have to ask.... for the price charged that was disappointing.

Location in the CBD within easy walking distance to Darling Harbour, China Town precinct and Paddy's Markets, the hotel is over the World Square shopping centre including Coles and many restaurants and specialty shops.

Not honest when it comes to money!

I was double charged for my stay and wasn’t given my money back. Once by bookings.com and again at the hotel. I told the receptionist when I checked that’s I didn’t want to be double charged, then when I checked out I was charged again. Customer services was 2 out of 10. I really like the hotel but will not be returning. Save your money, don’t get double charged and use that money at a better hotel.

I like the location! Very convenient second time staying. PLANNED on coming back.

Comfortable hotel in a good location

Beware - people who don't have a credit card are charged a $300 holding deposit for room charges (credit cards are only pre-authorised $10) so either plan ahead to have $300 you don't need for your trip or book elsewhere.

Comfortable, clean rooms with windows you can open for fresh air. Quiet at night. Close to shopping centre for quick access to supplies.

I was in 1208.

I was in 1208. The floor is a building site. Noisy, dirty, paid $235 to be in a room that was a not inhabitable due to dust and noise. Management. You never stated this on check in. Why not close the complete floor. I know what you will write. Sorry and bla bla bla. You will do noting about it and continue to con clients. Close the floor and stop scamming clients. Beds are terrible. Stay away. I have travelled the world and stayed in a lot of hotels and this get the worst hotel in the world.

• Executive One-Bedroom King Suite

Cleaners need a kick in the pants. Pulled back the sheet to get into bed and found stains on the sheet that looked suspiciously like you know what. Blood on a pillow also. All stuff the cleaners should have picked up.

Close to everywhere in Sydney

Fantastic stay

The price of the breakfast was abit excessive

I loved the staff everyone was so helpful, the location, the bed was so comfortable! Andthe bag holding was fantastic so my partner and i could explore!

Housekeeping was poor. They didn’t turn up at all one day, and another time they left glasses and mugs out, and did not replace them with clean ones. Room smelled a bit funny.

Great location. Heaps of food options right on the block, which makes it perfect when staying for work.

Great location, poor customer service

We discovered blood on the doona and the room was very dirty. It was reported to management who appeared to not take the matter very seriously. Although we received our parking for free, the staff did not appear to show much concern about the issue and left us waiting for an hour to change rooms.

The location is fantastic

A lovely hotel, food is excellent, staff were friendly, efficient and professional.

The bed mattress for the large bed was two mattressess put together which meant there was a raised ridge down the middle of the bed. Also the mattress I slept on sagged in the middle.

The food was fantastic!! So tasty! The service by all staff was efficient and professional! Staff were lovely and friendly. The room was spacious and clean.

Staff were great - helpful, friendly and had good...

Bed was quite soft, as were pillows - though they have a selection of pillows so you can request something different (my partner did). Changing TV channels drive me crazy as it’s so slow as would only go one at a time. Couldn’t help but think of what a waste it was that the toiletries were replaced every day when they were fully used (eg shampoo, conditioner, soap etc). Would have preferred they put new ones out but left the old ones so I could use them fully.

Staff were great - helpful, friendly and had good recommendations of local restaurants etc. Room was nice and good size. Plenty of restaurants nearby. About a 25 minute walk straight down Pitt Street to the harbour, shops etc.

Little disappointed that I didn't get the room that I asked for.

When booking I booked a king bed and when I arrived at my room I had a double bed. Was told at checkin that they were upgrading my room but don't consider going from a king bed to double bed to be an upgrade. Disappointed.

Good comfortable and well run- a pleasant experience

Some lifts were out of service. The hallway on the floor we stayed at had a bad smell.

Bed was a really good feature, it was super comfortable and luxurious. Room had a bath which was great, and I we got a $10 food voucher by declining housekeeping. We also got free drink vouchers for signing up to their mailing list.

In average is excellent

Some one knocked the door quite late at night sending a member card (about more than nine o'clock in the evening).

Everything are good to excellent, except the TV program. I like to watch Soccer Game while I am enjoying my leisure time.

Easy, enjoyable and affordable

Coffee was average. Location seemed a bit too far away from the harbour.

Check in was a breeze. The room was large and comfortable. Block out blinds were sensational. Breakfast was delicious. I really liked the green initiative by not having your room cleaned everyday and getting a voucher. If you could just move the building a bit closer to the harbour that would be great ;)

Had a great time at Mardi Gras 2018

Why should we have to pay double the price for the room on Mardi Gras weekend. The bar closed to early on the sat night as lot of guests staying after the parade were looking to have a couple of drinks before retiring.

The king size bed was so comfy we wanted to bring it home. The room was tastefully presented.

Mini fridge freezer kept defrosting.

Mini fridge freezer kept defrosting.. water kept leaking out. Also there were no slippers in the room. which it said was included in our package for the room.

Necessary stop over, will definitely do differently again and not forced into overpriced Syd Hotels
    • Executive King Room

Sydney overpriced and lack of availability even budget room 3* hotels now mid $500!! +

Bed was comfortable, however very overpriced but that is Sydney now. Should be compatibly priced at around $280 not $546 for a quick sleep over, late minute booking and check in 10.30pm. Next time in Sydney will use Airbnb to maintain a reasonable budget.

Not sure I would rush to stay here again. A lack of attention to detail.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The safe didn't work, my room keys stopped working twice, the room was dark and the lifts were unreliable.

Room was spacious and the bed comfortable

The location was sensational.

The location was sensational. Staff very friendly and helpful. Bar and live music was awesome. The room was huge with a ridiculously comfortable king bed and quality linen.

Not good value for the price we paid. WE were told on check out, refurish soon.

As above.

Grubby carpet, a nasty stench from the hall or room next door. lifts slow slow, breakfast ran out of butter and milk.Upholstery on dining chairs, at breakfast torn and scratchy. On a positive, Concierege on both days were very helpful and valets very friendly.

Great stay! Great Hotel!

The room was clean and the breakfast buffet was amazing. The location was prime, in the middle of the Townhall area. The rooms were clean and they allowed $10 off food if you skipped house keeping for a day.

Had a great weekend in Sydney spoiled by the hotel experience.

Customers expect to get what they paid for, the booking was clearly for three people, for the staff to say "oh its a child, you can share the bed" is not acceptable.

We were very disappointed with the room we were given. The booking was made for three people, two adults and a child (13 years old). the room only had a queen size bed which we had to share. not a very comfortable nights sleep. Oh we were offered a roll out bed at an additional $80. Not good enough! Also had to share the towels because as you guessed only two towels for three people. Wont recommend or use this hotel again.

Enjoyed our two day stay prior to boarding our cruise ship. Would we pick ano

Booking the hotel approximately six months in advance neither ourselves or our friends were told anything about breakfast being excluded or included. Didn't appreciate having to be checked each morning to see if breakfast was included or not.

The location was ideal.

On arriving at the hotel we were aware that everything we wanted to see was within easy walking dist

Just keep on doing what you are doing i am a firm beleiver that if it is not broken then don't try to fix it.On arri

Overall from the manager to the cleaner everything was faultless could not have stopped at a better hotel location,food,staff were all perfect.

Great stay, very nice room and suited our trip.

We arrived early and checked our bag in so we could start exploring Sydney. The staff memeber said he would call us as soon as a room was made up and available to check into (we didn’t mind waiting until the normal check in time but he insisted) - and then we never got a phone call. Also, on check out day, instead of waiting until 11 (our check out time), housekeeping came and tried to enter the room at 10am and we had to ask them to leave as we were still getting ready. Neither of these were major but a little disappointing for such a high standard hotel.

The bed was extremely comfortable and aircon beautiful and cold. Great place to relax between exploring Sydney.

Staying at Rydges really made my birthday weekend
    • Executive King Balcony Room

The pool wasn’t available due to renovations :(

The staff were very friendly during my stay. Valet parking was awesome and very quick. The location of the hotel was amazing and so close to everything I needed to get to (e.g Pitt st mall, train stations, star bar)

Included a great buffet breakfast.

My bag wasn’t taken up to my room as I’d arrived early and stowed it. Not a problem but the front counter assured me several times it would there and then wasn’t.

Included a great buffet breakfast.

Convenient upmarket hotel for a holiday or business, great fortheatres, QVB and trains to airport.

Staff at breakfast all three mornings seemed understaff and not keeping up with the buffet, had to ask for bread one morning none in the basket,tables not regurlarly cleaned and coffee for a large was weak and not hot. Didnt know having breakfast at the venue doesnt meet the priority rewards program until checkout. Would have eaten at the cafe downstairs on the corner for more variety and better price if i was aware of this.

Room service menu was good, portions great and food was hot.

Room is spacious, clean.

There are three main lifts near the reception. One of them out of order(understanding), the other two only one of them take passengers downstairs, if you stay lower level, 9/10 chances the lift is full when you want to enter. However, there is no issue going up, as both take passengers up.

Room is spacious, clean. Bed is comfortable.

Very good would stay there again, I would expect the elevators will be better next time.

The elevators were unreliable at times and would send you to the wrong floor however the staff advised they were having them refurbished in stages.

All the staff were very friendly. The cleaning staff cleaned the rooms well. breakfast was good. restaurant food was quality.

I liked everithing about this hotel from hotel staff, room to breakfast with excellent gf food choice + we received free room upgrade. Rydges is my new favourite hotel!

Excellent visit and we will be advising friends and family and we will be back

No complaints

The customer service from all staff we came into contact with was excellent but a special mention to concierge staff as we had car problems on check out and our car had to be towed so we sat around a lot of the day and they were helpful and provided us with assistance. Thankyou so much