Reviews of Nomads Brisbane Hostel 2 stars

6.1

4.5

Great value for money
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The only issues I had was the noise. Blaring music until 3/4am which is fine unless you are up early. The design of the hostel means the noise travels everywhere. It’s a party hostel so fair enough but any other party hostel I’ve stayed in the noise has been low enough to sleep through. Again, a few sewing changes to the hostel would sort this issue. The paid wifi doesn’t work and you won’t get a refund. I paid the $12 for the week and it didn’t work only to be told I wasn’t allowed a refund even though I told the staff on the first day and they even looked at my phone and admitted it wasn’t working. Thankfully it was only $12 but if I pay for something I expect it to work!

The location is fantastic, right across the street from central station and near the shopping centre. Clean and comfy rooms. Clean bathrooms and other facilities.

It was fine
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Air conditioning unit for whole building was very loud & pretty much kept me awake for a long period of the night.

room was clean & comfortable

Only there to sleep, also don't forget your earplugs if you want to sleep.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The single bathroom opposite my room on level 2 was disgusting, some guests don't know how to tidy up after them, also the toilet set lid was broken and sitting on the floor of the bathroom, no wear to put your clothes after showing. The other toilet area not so good either! I know this is an old building, but the photos online didn't match the apartment.

It was close to central train as I was coming from airport late at night, and the best was surprisingly comfy.

Can be better, please be better
    • Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

It's pretty old building, can you please upgrade the resting social area? Really uncomfortable and kinda dirty, not enough space and super old and dirty facilities. The second floor has new bathroom, but others are old and crashed.

Great location, friendly staffs.

Great location but noisy
    • Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

The pub (on the ground floor?) was extremely noisy until 2 am ish even on a weekday. I could hardly sleep. Need more power socket

Clean room, bathroom & shower room Great location

Good location, if you don't want much noise in the night...
    • Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

Not sure if it was just me but getting into the girls bathroom was kinda tricky, also the receptionist didnt seem too friendly when I checked in (rest of the staff was nice)

Good location, if you don't want much noise in the night I can't recommend it but its good for the price, nice hostel all together

good
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Aunty lift is past her use by date, problem of heritage listing I think

Stay alot in passing through Brisbane, staff are always awesome, friendly, professional,

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Our window didnt close so all the smoke and the sound from the pub it was in our room. Because of that smell of cigarette and all the laugh we did sleep.

Worst hostel ever!!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Staff very rude and slow on reception, kitchen and bathrooms absolutely disgusting, so dirty. The hostel has a club below which is SO loud and doesn’t close until 3.30am so you’ve got no chance of sleeping before then. AWFUL hostel

Central location

Great location - very central and close to station.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

Not the cleanest - cockroach in one of the rooms.

Great location - very central and close to station. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly - luggage storage facilities very useful. Lots of fun events organised.

Good location next to central station.
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Check in system is annoying, havin to download a app. They said it would make it easier checkin into other Nomads, but haven't had to use it again in other nomads. Said the reception was 24/7 but it closed from 11am to 2pm. Noisy guests in room. Door handle to room dodgy.

Good location next to central station. 20 min walk to greyhound stop. Supermarket near by. Kitchen was a good size.

The travel desk staff were very helpful in getting you out...
    • Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

The people in my room were awesome but, it was just a constant mess and my sheets were made dirty when I arrived.

The travel desk staff were very helpful in getting you out if you were a solo traveller to meet everyone. Nomads offered the party side and also many excursion trips but, don't go if you want a quiet few days.

Brilliant staff especially Leah. Special thanks for her help
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The lift broke and climbing 4 flights of stairs (12 sets!)was hard work numerous times especially when the key card didn't work properly!

Great spot to be in the city

Horrible, disgusting, dirty and extremely unhelpful staff
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Elevator was broken, with no staff assistance with luggage up 4 flights of stairs. Cockroaches everywhere. Staff barging into the room even when advised no need, and while I was half dressed.

Good place to stay if you plan your stay around Brisbane CBD.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Wifi wasn't free, which I found a bit annoying because not just it was charged for 24 hours but I was staying just 1 night and didn't need that much data or hours anyway but the hassle of asking about it at the reception, etc. while being a backpackers they're not always sufficiently staffed.

Great location if you want to be in CBD and around. I stayed in a single room, which was spacious and clean, bathrooms were OK for an old building like that. I would say for a single room in that location it's good value for money. I didn't use much of their facilities (kitchen, lounge, etc.) so don't know about these things.

I booked a private room which was nice, even if very small.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I booked a private room which was nice, even if very small. what I didn't like it's the fact that there was just one plug so you can't charge your phone or computer if you wanna use the fan too.

Great Location
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The air conditioner was a bit noisy during night time.

The great location. Very close to the central station and a convenience store. No problem about the bathroom.

Only ok for solo traveller that want to party
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The receptionist was not helpful at all. She didn’t know anything about the town and activities. The room was as simple as it gets: no TV, no space, it was just a bed and white walls. Most guests are young traveller that come late at night so don’t expect to sleep well, we could hear everything through the thin walls.

The location of the hostel was good.

Basic hostel, but very clean and terrific location.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Considering this type of accommodation nothing really.

A hostel right next to the central station, hence almost perfect location. Accommodation is very basic and simple, but very clean. Particular bathrooms and showers are taken care of. I am not very experienced with hostel and with over 250 rooms (as per staff} I considered it one of the larger sized hostel. Largely younger crowd were there during my stay. It's not the Four Seasons, but I enjoyed the stay.

Solo female traveller, best place in brissy compared to the rest.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

negative is just a few, Depends on which room you get i guess ( who you end up in a shared room with ), if your are lucky then all of your roomies are quiet and respectful easy for you to go and sleep. i was invited into another room and it was like a college dorm room, stuff all over the floor but overall still alright. just bring your sleeping eyeshade and earplugs ( sold in the lobby ) if you need pure silent. but over all is good. 8/10 , movie room chairs/sofa needs to be replaced, badly worn out.

The staff were excellent! made feel like I'm welcomed and home. nomads, i am officially sold. one of the best backpackers accomodation. It was a great experience. Upon all backpackers hostel i came across in brisbane and visited, nomads brisbane has got to be the best. It is full of life and peace at the same time. Lets start off with location - right in the middle of the city easily accessible to everywhere! The staff in Nomads were super friendly, i love how open they are, the short blonde lady is amazing and the vibe and positive energy from this big sized guy was superb( sorry forgot your names ). Travellers staying in there were friendly and respectful as well. the kitchen was big and clean so was the shower rooms clean. the bed was comfy and was thankful for the big comfortable blanket/comforter provided. There is a bar right below ( don't worry about the noise you can barely hear the music at night ) where the hostel have events every now and then. Roof top was great to meet new friends. Laundry room was fully equipped with iron board which was excellent. Thankful for the cleaner/housekeeping who cleans up the whole building. Would definitely return in heartbeat . there is great diversity and demographic. Woolies/Woolsworth ( groceries store where everyone go to to get their food and cook cos its cheaper to do so ) is just 5 minutes walk as well. Rate is excellent, wished i could stay longer. Thank you to everyone working there. oh and the old school lift is amazing!!!

I arrived there on a Saturday morning.

Nothing:)

I arrived there on a Saturday morning. Guy at the reception was really friendly. Stayed there for 2 nights. I really enjoyed it. Because it wasn’t in the center of airlie beach. If you like to chill out, hang out. Relax. That’s the place I would recommend!

Thoroughly moderate - Noisy!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The check-in process sucks and you have to download an app before you can check in. The place is very old and quite dilapidated. Although the bed was comfortable and clean enough the fan was very noisy (impossible to sleep without it) and we couldn't open the window due to loud music and a noisy old extractor fan. If you literally just want to party in the city its okay otherwise avoid.

The hostel is well located in the CBD and close to the botanic gardens

I recommend it!

Anything.

Excellent! After a lot of bad hostel arround Australia I was so happy to find Nomads! Because of their lift, big bedroom with air conditioner, clean bathroom, and great place to be with the computer at the lobby.

Incroyable
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Bed very confortable Very Clean : room, shower Old mansion it's beautiful and interesting Close to shops bar and Queen Street Friendly stuff Down Under and the other bar was very very cool I really liked it was very fun !! Thanks

Perfect location but very unpleasant stay
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I checked out two days early and sent an email to complain about my stay, asking to receive the reimbursement of the two nights I had paid at the checkin. This is the email I sent. Nobody answered. I'm writing this review 21 days after I sent the email. Good afternoon, this email is a complaint about my stay at your hostel. I arrived on the night between February 25 and 26, room 435. I checked out on Saturday March 3, even if I had a reservation until March 5, paid in full with my credit card. I already stayed at your hostel five years ago, on July 2013, for one night, I remember it was nice that's why I decided to choose it again. But this time it was a real disaster, I experienced several unpleasant situations: 1 - at my arrival I received a key for the room that was not authorized for the bathroom as well, so when I woke up in the morning I had to go downstair to ask for authorization 2 - nobody never cleaned my room, even if I put almost everyday the sign on the door, asking for cleaning (I put the sign at about 11am, not later than this, so the cleaning service was still around) 3 - nobody never gave me towels 4 - there were several insects in my room walking on the wall and on the floor 5 - on Saturday morning March 3 I put a sign on the door 'No disturb', since I was still recovering from the jet lag (I arrived from Italy) and I needed some rest, but on that morning the cleaning service, that never cleaned my room before, was knocking on the door asking to clean. When I left the room the sign 'No disturb' was not on the door anymore. I would like to have a refund for the two extra nights I paid, Saturday March 3 and Sunday March 4. I checked out on Saturday morning at around 12.30pm. At this stage, I really would not recommend your hostel. I hope you will carefully consider my request.

Perfect location.

The location.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

When we arrived we had to download an app to do the check in.. we were so tired, without battery and without storage!! That made the check in so slow and annoying. Terrible idea! Also the kitchen area was so hot and pretty dirty.

The location. So close to everything

Nice place, probably worth paying more to get the basics at another hostel
    • Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

The checking - being forced to use the tipi app and having to take a selfie after travelling for 14 hours was not ideal. I’d rather have just been checked in normally, nobody could tell me why I had to check in that way, I didn’t at any other nomads. The aircon - my first 2 nights I had aircon I moved rooms for my final 2 nights, was in a 4 bed and had just 1 fan. Thankfully the room wasn’t fall as there was no aircon and it was so hot and humid which made it very hard to sleep.

I liked the staff and atmosphere including the very central location of the hostel and the roof terrace.

Very average
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

We asked for a double bed which is what I booked. Gave us two uncomfortable singles, in a room with just the two single beds nothing else, the shower was ok apart from it going hot (scolding) and cold every five seconds. It could really use a reno. It reminded me of horror movies.

It was an experience lots of charm but clearly a backpackers for the younger crowd, the staff were friendly and so we're the guests for the most part.

Enough for 1 night
    • Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

I got a room in the 5th floor and lift go only to the 4th. I slept in 501 on the rooftop Smelly room Bathrooms far away Keys don’t work properly No bfast If is rainy you get wet going to the room Checking by app (giving your passport details to the app) making longer check in loading the app and making the checking by your self.

Really central, nice rooftop, kitchen and bar in the...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

They had a party on the rooftop till 3 am. As there a also rooms up there it was impossible to sleep. Officially it closes at 10, but the reality was different

Really central, nice rooftop, kitchen and bar in the basement

Very very close to central station so you can see the...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I've stayed in a single room on roof top. It was really hot and even I used a fan whole day, it had been still hot. And in the night, the noise from the bar came up to my room. So I thought people who stay under my room can't sleep well.

Very very close to central station so you can see the building in front of way out. And it's located in city center so you can easily access to market. shower room/ toilet was clean.

no fan in the room.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

no fan in the room. even in the night very hot. kitchen facilities are ok but sometimes safety of food items is questionable. above all location is excellent.

Location good, price acceptable, ammenities poor.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Toilets and showers dirty or not working (more then 50% of both not working) Foyer music audible on 3rd floor, music volume in kitchen requires raised voices to communicate, unnecessary and unsecured booking in process.

Very uncomfortable - got no sleep due to quality of room. Would not recommend it
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The doors on the room did not go to the ceiling so there was a 2 foot gap at the top which meant I could hear everything from the corridor (I was situated near the lift). I also had light coming in through the 2 foot gap from the corridor also.

Uncomfortable.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Only one plug socket in the room? When the fan needed to be on permanently because of the humidity? Come on. The shower on my floor was closed for repairs - the sign said it would be ready on the 17th. It wasn’t. The fire alarm going off at 5 in the morning - I know this couldn't be helped but it was all muffled and the instructions given weren’t audible.

Worth it price-wise.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

AC was facing my bed so I had to use my blanket to block the airflow, but still it was still better to have an AC!!

The smaller rooms had ACs (four person rooms). The place is just next to the Central Station and Queen street.

All staffs are friendly and active
    • Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

Some room has no air conditioner

All staffs are friendly and active The facilities are all fine The location couldn’t be better than this I couldn’t understand why they have 6.8 rate.

Last resort to spend the night. Good to make friends and there are discounts in the restaurant.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There is free WiFi - from 7am till 7pm. Very inconvenient. The entire second floor smells like a cat toilet because the carpets are old and adopted the smell of generations of young messy backpackers. When I tried to sleep it was virtually impossible because the loud music-like noises from the club/restaurant downstairs made my bunk bed shake.

The beds are tidy and comfortable, the staff is very nice and helpful.

Good staff and the location is perfect, near to everything...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Bathrooms and showers are totally horrible! Always dirty, showers don’t function well, you can never adjust the right temperature of water, either too hot or too cold. Outside my room there was a generator that is in all the day and if was too noisy, elevator is so uncomfortable.

Good staff and the location is perfect, near to everything and in the heart if the city

Very good location, friendly staff
    • Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

No aircon in the room so it became hot since we where 10 in there, the beds are really squiky and noisy so everybody will know when you turn in your sleep

Very good location, friendly staff

Cheapness comes with a price, and I wouldn't stay here in the summer.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It was miserable without air conditioning. I do not recommend staying here in the summer, as I suffered from heatstroke. There was only one outlet in the room, so I had to choose between running the fan, charging my phone, or buying a power strip - but it seemed silly to buy a power strip for a short 4 night stay. Just wish the hostel had two outlets, which seems like a normal number. It's also a bit noisy at night since there's a nightclub in the basement. Overall, I wish I'd paid a little more money for a place with air conditioning.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I was afraid I would have to rent a towel, but they lent me one. The shared bathroom was kept pretty clean, and the kitchen is big, clean, and organized. The bed was pretty comfortable. Don't forget to show your key card at the bar/restaurant for a 20% discount...I didn't realize it the first night and missed out on saving a bit more money. Location is excellent, the best part about the hostel! It's right by Central Station, close to Queen Street Mall and easy to walk everywhere in the CBD.

I was worried about the noise because there was a bar on the...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything was old. Especially, the elevator looks like a thing that appears in the history movie. It was too scary to get on. Old but room and shower room were cleaned. The shower room was dim. I think lighting should be added. As the top of the room door was empty, I heard the voice and footsteps of people passing through the corridor. I stayed in a single room but it might be impossible to sleep if there are noisy group customers. Single room’s floor and group room’s floor should be separated, I think. There wasn’t dryer.

I was worried about the noise because there was a bar on the ground floor, but it was quiet as room was on the 4th floor and back from the main street. The location is great. The staff was friendly. But I did not get information about the bathroom and the kitchen when I checked in.

I'd rather have cancer than stay in this place
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

If a run-down motel had sex with a street dog and that dog gave birth to some spawn which got cancer and crawled to the middle of the city to die and just before it died it's cancer got cancer it would be this hostel. I'll just try to list the main things because I'd need a day to fully describe this atrocity. Check-in cost me $21 in parking fees because it is 4-5 times slower than any check which results in a queue to check in!!! They do that by forcing people to download and install their app which requires your personal details (eg. a picture of your passport). They also refused to check me in because I didn't have enough time to download and install the app when I parked my rental car which I had to return very soon nearby and so I had to carry all my bags back and get an uber to the hostel after returning the car making me run around with all my belongings and waste money. Update: I've got 3 emails from them a day after checking out two of which are spam, I wish I gave them my fake details. After 'self check-in' through that app you still need to go to the reception and check-in as per normal and even this part took longer than any other check-in somehow!!!!! The whole hostel itself is incredibly run-down. It has an ancient elevator which is terrible to use and feels unsafe so I ended up taking the stairs after the first ride in that thing. The whole feeling of the hostel is just wrong. We had two male shower cabins (just the shower curtain separating them from the common space so I walked in on a naked guy standing in one of them) in a floor which accommodates towards a 100 people. The shower is ridiculous there's nowhere to put anything so you have to put your clean clothes and soap on the common floor! It was full of paint chips because the walls are coming off in massive patches all over the place. The water keeps reducing to a drip randomly when you shower adding to the experience.

Location is the only thing this place has going for it but it's not worth it because this place ruined Brisbane for me.

Partyhostel in center location
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

- music from basement pub could be heard up to the 4th floor until 2-3pm (however I have a good sleep (and earplugs if that does not work out by itself) and could sleep without any problems) - cleanliness of kitchen: it was hard to find a pot which was clean (so mostly you had to clean the pot before you could cook) most of the time sink is blocked by uncleaned stuff (plates, pans, cutlery, pots, ...) - people did not like to speak to each other (maybe caused by the many single-bed rooms) - even in the kitchen I didn't feel like the people wanted to talk to each other.

+ wooden floor at least in the room (good for people allergic to dust) + location in the city

Not enjoyable
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The single room I was in didn’t have air conditioning and it was very hot in there! It was very noisy and I couldn’t sleep at all because of the nightclub downstairs even though I was on the 4th floor! The place didn’t look clean and I saw some cockroaches

Very good location right across the street from the train station

Would stay again
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Have to pay for WiFi after 7

Air con was really good. Previous hostels had been very uncomfortable to sleep in due to the heat. Big and clean kitchen and plenty of showers. Also right next to central station which makes getting the train super easy.

Stay for location, leave cause wifi
    • Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

Have to have an app to check in, NO WIFI IN ROOM (only lobby), no breakfast or anything

Location, Lockers are pretty big and under your bed, Cool building

It is in the middle of the city.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Small room, no aircon or fan, dirty kitchen, very old building, no friendly people there. Music too loud during the night, wich is not bad if you want to party but everyday...

It is in the middle of the city. Cheap.

Convenient and clean
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Free wifi only available downstairs - not good if you want to watch a movie in bed!

Free pancakes every morning! Really helpful and friendly staff. Spacious dorm rooms and beds. Very convenient location and nice garden area.

good location with drawbacks ...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

people are not too communicative there but I think it's a result of the single rooms, music from the pub can be heard in the hostel till closing around 2-3am even in the 4th floor, male bathroom is pretty outdated and usual service activities to walls haven't been done for years so the colour coating of the wall is simply falling down. I didn't really like to spend time in the shower, but there are worse hostels as I had to find out in Surfers Paradise

central location, rooms without carpets, single room

Brisbane extended stay January 2018
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Bunk beds too low - unable to sit upright on the bottom bunk. Whilst the air conditioning in the room was welcome it kept leaving me with a dry mouth every morning.

It's central location - next to the central train & near to Queen Street bus station - The main shopping area and river were within walking distance. Staff very welcoming and helpful. Facilities also very good.

City centre but outworn bathrooms
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

carpet floors in the gangway, old partly closed bathroom, elevator often stuck, even in the 4th floor you hear the party music of the club until 2-3am, many single rooms - so people are not too much talking to each other

wood floors in the room, nice location in the city centre

Without the parties, everything would be perfect
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Every night there were parties. And they were sooooo loud... the building was shaking. They lasted around two or three hours every night. Couldn’t fall asleep

The staffs were very friendly! And the location was awesome

you get what you pay for though
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

you have to registrate in a weird tipi app to check in impossible to communicate with this hostel after booking. was writing them twice with the same question and they never replied my door key didn't work and because of this i had to go up and down on a 4th floor with two bags for a new key which also didn't work... please, make the guy on reception not to call your guests "sweetie" every minute. it is weird. especially when nothing is working in this hostel the elevator is very old and scary. looks cool but its hard to use it... i hurt my finger till blood while was going up and down with bags first day no paper towels in a bathroom and the drier just doesn't do anything... the room was not clean enough... dust everywhere and there was a bottle under the bed which means they don't pay attention at all, i'm sure its still there wifi just downstairs and only at the day time when you are out anyway

location just can't be better clean soft bed, towels, shampoo etc nice old building after it finally turned out that the lock on my door is broken they gave me another room which was even better, thank you for that!

I felt scared
    • Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

As a young woman alone in a room with 3 probably 30+ men of whom at least 1 was taking drugs I felt more than uncomfortable!

The kitchen was pretty ok and the staff was nice!

you should not stay here.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

-a big cockroach was in my room at first night. -somebody shouted loud at midnight. -somebody moaning loud at midnight. -Electric fan in my room did not work. -stinky bed. -the floor of my room is almost run-down.And some bugs invade from the cracks. -there are always used condoms in the shower room(why?????) -the pillor has yellow stain and very stinky.

Mixed review
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

Unfortunately some staff members were unhelpful when our air conditioning unit started to leak - we informed staff in the morning and weren't seen till the next day. When the unit broke again the day after, it leaked so much during the night it soaked through my bag ruining several important items. When informed about the problem again staff insinuated it was our fault for having the temperature too low and won't be seen to for another month. We were not told the unit had to be at a certain temperature until after the incident. Luckily someone came to sort it that day, but the floor was left soaking for 3 days. The reception is supposedly open 24 hours but was always un-maned when I went to see someone. The kitchen was not attended to enough therefore always quite dirty. Free WiFi in the lobby was not good.

Great location in the city centre, good size kitchen and rooms with private bathrooms. Comfy beds.

Skip this place if you can!!
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I´ve been in jail before but this one was the worse: 4th level without elevator working properly, filthy and tiny tiny room (if you can call this that!) The true is that I haven´t had that feeling of being so trapped since the last time I was kidnapped. The door sometimes could be open, sometimes you just have to try different times until you could open it. But that doesn´t matter, at that point you will don´t care anymore about that, you will just be desperate to breathe, so you will be keeping the door open most of the time. Australian summer, and no AIR or FAN, no wifi (they LIE about that, you will have to pay and you will not have the best wifi even if you pay..) and not nice people at the reception desk (I will say that they don´t care, that they always have a permanent face like "Oh, no, you again, don´t make me work again!") At that point I didn´t care about the noisy bar (to be fair, this was the only true thing I was told about this place) and i didn´t care at all cause I have another amazing noise in my room: all the AIR conditioners machines working (not in my room of course) at the courtyard, noise wich I could enjoy through the window, the window that I could hardly open or close. Again, if you want to breathe, better keeping the window open. If you haven´t have enough, you still can visit the whole building, the most filthy kitchen in the world, the busy laundry (1 for all the people), the other one was close, drunk people going down and upstairs all the time, or the amazing sofas they have in the pretended "lounge room" wich i guess were devastated during the second world war... I have to say that before this place I was travelling for a month and I stayed in a lot of places for backpackers, but not one of there were that bad. Just in case someone could thing that I was expecting a hotel. What I was expecting was just a place for a human being!

Nothing at all

My stay was just near perfection!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

We were three in a room of four during five four nights. So it was just very comfortable but during summer without air cond in the room, it was very difficult to find to sleep. Even just a fan could be enough.

the access to the bar downstairs is just so practical. The location of the establishment is just awesome! I loved the accessibility of the commodities like grocery shop, the transportation, in general, every type of facility.

Location was great and the bed was comfortable which made it...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The lift was hard to use. I think the check in staff could have explained it more

Location was great and the bed was comfortable which made it great value for money

My room was already being used and had dirty sheets and a...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

My room was already being used and had dirty sheets and a used towel, my door wouldn't unlock and I had to go to reception 3 times b fore even being able to settle to tell them someone else is using the room they gave me. The staff was nice though and the experience was great

• Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

The room where I stayed was a ten bedroom dormitory, as you can imagine was messy and smelly, very poor ventilation, was terrible, but it was cheap so I guess you pay for what you get.

The location was great just a minute away from central station and a couple of minutes walking to the city mall, close the Botanical Gardens and the river. There is a roof area which is very nice!

Great Location
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Stayed for just the one night in a four bed dorm, room was very small but not unclean and the aircon worked. Showers and toilets were good and the location is perfect if you want to explore Brisbane, bar downstairs gets busy, wifi worked well in the rooms once you pay for it

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Kitchen wasn’t clean, neither were the bathrooms. There was a lock on the shared bathroom door( which had 3 showers and 2 toilets) , which was the only bathroom for the floor and people kept locking it from the inside. You have to download the tipi app and put loads of info per person in which takes forever. Wifi was awful. The bed was uncomfortable and the sheets weren’t clean so we slept on-top of the bed. The ‘fan’ was non existent, so the room was hotter than outside

Overpriced, out to squeeze as much money from you as possible. Would not recommend.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Lift wasn't working, also there are stairs up to front door so not suitable for someone with heavy bag or disabled. No free WiFi in room, free WiFi only downstairs between 7am and 7pm. Have to pay £7 for towel!! Single room was tiny. No aircon so boiling hot... the window didn't shut anyway. Walls are extremely thin so can hear everything. Cheaper and nicer rooms on airbnb I discovered.

Right next to central station, comfy bed.

Security and privacy are extremely poor.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Security and privacy are extremely poor. A guy opened my window at midnight and kept saying hello. It was 4th floor! And the window cannot be locked from inside. Scared hell out of me. So I checked out the very next day.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Typical hostel in great location
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Elevator got stuck several times; Girls' sanctuary room was advertised as four bed on booking.com, but when I arrived I was put in a twelve bed at first. (Staff was happy to move me on request though, that was great!)

Location is good, close to mall, station and all facilities; Wifi was good, both the free one at reception and the one in the rooms ($4 a day I think it was); Nice chillout and movie area at reception;

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Good location, comfortable beds
    • Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

Not very convenient for travelers that wi-fi is only free between 7am and 7pm - most people are not in the hostel during the day. If you stay at a lot of nomads/base accommodations you have to pay a lot of money just so you can plan the rest of your trip. Should be complimentary service, at least at reception (for 24 hours, not just 12).

Bed was fine, enough space in the room.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Good location near station.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Stayed in a double room and had no air conditioning or air cooler in room, had to ask reception for a small desk fan. Noise from some other air conditioning unit was extremely loud making it hard to sleep. Basic facilities.

Good location near station.

Just price and location
    • Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Elevator was broken so I had to shlep luggages up the stairs. Luckily, my room was at level 2. Rooms also don’t have a/c but stand up fan provided. Also, not the hostel's fault, but other travelers were very noisy at night. The noise didn't bother me at all, but I could see how others might be put off by it.

I have stayed in various hostels all over Asia-Pacific. and I will say this one’s below average. Stayed here in a 9 all female room for 5 nights. The room was okay, a little small but nothing to be catastrophic about. The bed was clean, every bed had socket with bedside lamp. I slept fine except for being woken in the first night by someone banging on the door. The location was amazing, 1 min to Brisbane Central station.

Good place to stay 👍🏻
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Lift was out of order and my room was on 4th floor. I probably would not have cared if I didn’t have 2 big suitcases. Made it so hard to get them back to ground floor. No fan in the room 😯

Comfy bed, very helpful staff.

Absolutely brilliant

The lift resembled something from Disney’s Tower of Terror rides

I got what I paid for, comfortable private room with clean shared bathroom in a very good location. Staff excellent, facilities excellent and value for money food and entertainment at the Down Under Bar, really couldn’t fault it

Great location, no
    • Bed in 8-Bed Dormitory Room

No air con whatsoever in the room. Only way to get air in was to open the windows, but being in the centre of a busy city it’s so so loud. So either constant loud noise and airy room or close the windows and be in a stuffy room. It’s 2017 and I think ALL hostels, especially big ones like this should have fully functioning air conditioning.

Fantastic location. Easy to get to from the coach station.

Hostel absolutely not worth the money
    • Bed in 10-Bed Dormitory Room

The hostel definitely needs a make over. When we arrived the luggage room was exploding and people placed their bags on their way out of the room blocking the entry for others. Furthermore, the elevator (it is an old one but that’s not the problem) doesn’t not work most of the time - having to carry luggage to the third floor can be a hassle and difficult. The appearance of the hostel is not the greatest either - the interior looks outdated and very used. We had booked a 10 bed dorm - the signs on the doors are misleading as it suggested us to enter an 8 bed dorm. The dorm itself was okay - the beds need a make over though. The carpet is just disgusting and the sheets/linen are clean but smelly. The pillows and blankets should definitely be changed and thrown away. The bathrooms are okay but toilets are clocked all the time - on our level only one female toilet worked properly. No lockers are available, no AC/Fan in the rooms. No WiFi in the rooms just lobby though WiFi can be purchased to be accessible in room.

The location was great - it’s close to the Central Station and therefore you can explore the city easily

Great value for money, beds were comfy and staff were kind.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Rooms did get a little stuffy during the day but were fine during the evening, bar downstairs was noisy some nights, but that can’t really be helped by the hostel.

Great value for money, beds were comfy and staff were kind. In a prime location for public transport, shops, etc. Was great to stay for a few nights just as a stop over, would definitely stay again if I’m back in Brisbane!