Reviews of Bayview Eden Melbourne 4 stars

6 Queens Road, 3004 Melbourne, Australia

#89 of 169 hotels in Melbourne

• Double Twin Room

Random pubic hair in bathroom - these things happen I guess. And the pool water was a bit chilly for the weather at the time.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and a good size. Very convenient location to both city and interesting suburbs such as Toorak, Prahran and StKilda. Facilities are excellent - restaurant, pool and spa.

• Double Twin Room

The food in the dining room was poor and expensive. I had a pork belly entree which was dry and tough. Breakfast expensive and not very good.

The location was excellent for the bridge competition.

• King Suite

Could hear noise from adjacent unit. Decor dated needs to be refurnished. TVs to small by todays standards. Should have microwave oven. Shower was loose and hard to adjust for height and water temprature.

Close to city

• Superior King Room

This really isn’t your fault-but on our floor we had a group of rather noisy guests. They checked in very late at night and unfortunately held many loud conversations and door banging in the corridors outside our rooms well into the early hours of the morning.

The ease of checking in. Lovely helpful and welcoming staff. The function rooms were very good. Comfortable temperature throughout hotel. Rooms very nice - didn’t feel cramped.

• Superior King Room

Terrible shower, temperature fluctuated and shower head wouldnt stay up and very cramped. When i booked, it said the superior room would have a view of albert park lake, we looked at a building and the road.

Big comfy bed.

• Superior Twin Room

The spa worked one night, and it was average - the only places there were jets with any power were the middle of the floor of the spa? The next night, the spa was cold. We tried to turn on the jets, thinking that it would warm up the spa but it didn't - just cold bubbles. Some of the reception staff left a lot to be desired regarding customer service. I was approached in the middle of my breakfast with my daughter by one of the male staff members, and he was quite abrupt, asking me for proof that I booked my daughter in, because they didn't have her included in my breakfast package. Luckily, I had my booking.com email on my phone that stated one adult, one child (10 yrs old) on it. Amazingly, reception staff still argued with me about it, saying that they didn't have her on THEIR system!! I wasted 20 minutes at the front desk until she finally went to talk to the manager. The hotel lacks the cleanliness I would like to see when I am paying for accommodation. There were stale chips on the floor, hair on the bathtub, stains on the sheets and the vent in the shower was COVERED in dust and mould. Gross!

The pool was large and heated nicely. The buffet breakfast was good too. The beds were very comfortable, but we ended up having to push them together and up against the wall because they were so wobbly and small. I was afraid we would fall off them. We ordered room service one of the nights and the food was delicious.

• King Suite

The rooms are in need of renovations. Wires hanging out bedroom walls radio didnt work. No mini bar in room. Nothing in kitchen except 2 cups, mugs spoons, no cloth tea towel etc. Carpets in bad condition Have stayed here several times but wont be coming back. Booked for 2 adults including breakfast but then they tried to charge me for 1 persons breakfast.

Staff were nice

• Accessible Room

over crowed breakfast space causing the service to be interrupted and the staff to be too busy to attend the customers in a timely fashion the food was either too cool are over ccoked

Convenience and location

• View King Room

Despite receiving and returning a preauthorization to Bayview Eden for use of a company card for the security deposit, during an employees stay, Bayview Eden refused it and took the security deposit from our employee's own credit card. Considering we have regular trips upcoming for several staff we were hoping to make this accom the regular base. Given that our employees have to put the security deposit up and our company card is ignored unless this can be rectified we will need to source alternate accommodation who can oblige.

Location for work

• View King Room

Late booking made as needed short notice accommodation in the City on the weekend. Was given a great room, overlooking Albert Park. Check-in was seamless and room very comfortable and clean. Good location and excellent service given. Thank you!

• Superior King Room

The reception staff charged me again for the booking.com booking as they stated that you did not take the money from my account This seems a most unusual act and I need explanations Have you devoted my account also now ??????

• Superior King Room

The shower was not working well. It was not mounted properly and generally had problems getting a steady stream of hot water.

It's a great hotel for business travel. The rooms have recently been renovated which is nice.

• Superior King Room

Room was very noisy. Tv of other rooms was very audible in my room. And very annoying. It filters through the access point of the tv, or air conditioning- no idea. When I called for earplugs the PM shift at desk told me there wasn't any. Next day I contacted desk in person- and gave me straight away a pair!!!??

• Superior Twin Room

I’m a cleaner (I actually run a small business) but do cleaning myself & I was a little disappointed that there was dirt gunk around the Taps & flush button in the toilet. It’s a hygiene thing with me.... That I one thing that stands out in bathrooms & can make them look unclean or like care is not taken

Beds were extremely comfortable, staff were great too

• View King Room

Deposit not pre-advised and taken immediately, but takes days to be refunded. Same with parking fee not being disclosed until you've driven in. Too much noise from staff in the corridors and doors that don't filter it. Breakfast free but very ordinary.

The bed was extremely comfortable. Spa was a proper spa, not stupid jacuzzi, but cold.

There is nothing I don’t like about the Bayview eden

The Bayview Eden is definitely my favourite place to stay when in Melbourne. Everything is just easy, tidy and welcoming. From checkin to checkout I know I’ll always be looked after at the Bayview eden.

• King Suite

THE SPA SHOULD HAVE BEEN A NICE CORNER SPA FOR TWO. MISS LEADING AS WE BOOKED A KING SUITE WITH A SPA FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION.

The comfy bed , the great views from our corner room and the yummy breakfast.

• Superior King Room

Very accommodating and helpful! The traffic around the hotel is shocking at the moment so book your trips to and from the hotel with a lot of time to spare :)

• Superior King Room

Attended conference at Bayview and so stayed overnight beforehand. Had drinks and dinner at the hotel. Good variety on the menu and both meals were delicious. Great nights sleep - very comfortable bed and quiet environment.

• Superior Twin Room

- Not being clearly informed that there was a credit card surcharge until standing at the check-in desk. - The drab grey colour of the passage ways. A bit "prison like". - Not being able to fit our car under the carpark...but that's our fault for having a tall car.

- The hidden full size pool table that was free to use. - The comfortable bed. Weirdly soft and firm all at the same time. - Nice shower, not having to run around in the shower trying to find the water drips!

• Superior King Room

The "King size bed", was actually two single beds together with kinda of pillow in the middle that makes like a barrier between us. Not really confy.

Loved the breakky and the staffs were lovely. Spacious room, excellent toilet, well cleaned. Loved my time there and will definitely recommend to friends.

• Superior King Room

The king bed that was in our room fell apart in the middle. After a uncomfortable night sleep. We asked the floor staff to have a look in the morning . This resulting in the zipper not being done up between the two mattress.

Convenience of location.

• Superior Twin Room

I wasn’t offered wifi or explained how it worked when I checked in. The showerhead arm didn’t work so was pointing low and not adjustable.

The bed was comfier than most hotel beds. Close location to public transport, restaurants and facilities and things to see (Shine of Remembrance, ect)

• Double Twin Room

Old facility Dirty cupboard Old iron No toothpaste and toothbrush No shower cap Unproper plugs for basin and bathtub Unfolded toilet paper No extra tissue box on sight Overcharged for $153 Hanna took a bath at 1 pm, Leakage from bathtubto corridor in toom and outside room Dirty bathroom tile Hanna complained, No view from room despite of reust of wanting a vuew from window at least Albert Park Hanna and I, Felt unsafe because of nouse from next door guests Hard-to-operate television Old television Water flood from bathtub to rooms at around 1.30-2 AM My wife, Hanna Pontan, had to clean the whole bathroom including the tiles, using the towels provided by Bayview Eden, and my dirty clothes worth $220 the bathtub, basin, benctop, kitchen bench, folding toilet papers, put into exactly same places: glasses, toiletries, sanitary box, shoe care?(can’t remember),

Good location Helpful staff Prompt service Nice bed and bathroom Good basic tea coffee Good furniture Nuce color furniture Bible pen kettle television notes glasses shampoo conditioner body lotion sanitary pad were available for use

• Double Twin Room

Staff attitude is very poor at this hotel they would rather argue with you to be right rather than listen to the customer, $14 to park the car is a rip off, were given room keys to a room that was already occupied very embarrassing. Issues with power caused delays couldn't check in and staff didn't really care just complaining it wasn't there fault.

Breakfast was ok.

• Double Twin Room

Would have liked a better view! But the shower over the bath, not good for older people. And no rubber mat either!!

Bed was comfy, location good, close to tram to city, very quiet!Easy check in & check out, & pool looked very inviting too.

• Superior King Room

Despite being told that part of the bill had already been paid staff member insisted it had not so checked it when I got home and yes most of the bill had been prepaid. so had to phone and seek refund.

• Superior Twin Room

A bottle of complimentary water in the room would have been nice. The shower curtain had a tendency to gravitate towards me while showering. The USB ports weren't working, I notified reception on the way out and they promptly made a note to have it fixed.

The bed sheets were nice and crispy and the doona really lightweight. I had a lovely nights sleep. The room was roomy and quiet. The only thing missing was a bottle of complimentary water.

• Double Twin Room

Walls seemed a bit thin - could hear people talking from other rooms. Car park is very steep to get into and quite tight to navigate around - although we did have two older vehicles over 5m in length. Was a little disappointed that the car park is shared with general public too - impression online is that it is private.

Virtually nothing to fault! Had a Queen Superior Room (two queen beds in one room), great beds, simple but good amenities in the room, free spa, sauna, pool and mini gym was great. Secure undercover parking at a great rate too. Rates were great, as was location. Staff were extremely helpful, we had two cars over one room but were allowed to drop one off before check-in and leave one for most of the day after check-out.

• Superior King Room

Bed was very soft/worn on window side. Breakfast was pretty average.

Convenient location, big room. Really enjoyed the dinner meal at the restaurant.

• Superior King Room

I seems the hotel is getting a spruce up. The rooms were lovely and modern and clean and the carpet and paint work appeared new, but in some spots, things were a little tired. The chairs in the dining room are pretty worn and wonky and the billiard table felt is ripped and unplayable. However minor destractions.

We loved the large heated pool and spa. The locatation suited us fine. We enjoy the beauty of St Kilda road to walk on, or for an easy tram ride into the city. The gardens and Shrine close by are always a must to visit. The buffet breakfast was plentiful and varied. The staff were very helpful

• Superior Twin Room

I had a small incident I needed staff to attend to with & this was dealt promptly & pleasantly !

Have stayed here many times & have found it to meet my needs perfectly whilst visiting Melbourne. Location is great as it is easy to get to most places from here !

• Superior King Room

One of the two lifts was out of service, which slowed things down. Restaurant closed on Sunday (though the bar food was good and pretty quick considering we had a large group).

The hotel was convenient because I was attending training there. Staff very helpful, especially with advice about the trams and facilities nearby.

• Superior King Room

The payment process was a joke. Could not change tv volume or room temperature. Hidden charges. No privacy to pool .. have to walk through foyer. Scum in bathroom . And on checkout had to wait for our room to be inspected like criminals before we could checkout and receive bond refund .

• Superior King Room

TV's are ancient remote control can't even bring up TV guide. Toiletries are ridiculously small and we're supposed to share between 2 " adults

• Superior King Room

Mugs are a little stained and old in the rooms, but a mug is a mug!

Bed was really comfy! Although there's a line down the middle that is a little bit hard and gets stuck in your back, but otherwise soo comfy. Loved the curtains too, them being sheer.

• Superior King Room

Wi-fi was reliable, but could have been faster.

Very good, clean, silent and spacious room, beautiful common areas. Nice rooftop spa/sauna with basic gym and great views over Albert Park. Walking distance to good cafes and restaurants, only a block away from St Kilda Road and trams. Polite, friendly and helpful staff at reception.

• Family Room

Kitchen missed the egg on my chicken ceaser salad. Roadworks at rear but outside control of hotel.

One of the very few properties I could find to sleep 4. Easy and pleasant check-in and out. Daughters loved pool.

• King Suite

Paid $285 for a basic room, no mini bar, even though it stated there was, no washing up equipment to wash a cup or glass (dishwashing liquid sponge) no cutlery, crockery, even though you had a kitchenette. Hole in your couch, wobbly chairs. We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times, the first being on our wedding night for two nights, 22years ago & I remember it being a grand experience. I wouldn't have spent that much money on a room without breakfast being included! Apart from that, it's a nice room.

Clean

• Double Twin Room

The room was clean and bed comfy, BUT we had a constant humming/vibrating noise (from air con unit) that resonated through, above and around the room, so no use a comfy bed when you cant slumber in it!!! So, people ; location, location, location- if they give you Room 720- say NO WAY! and the only offer they gave us was a late check out!!!Really Bayview Eden-for us, this let your team down.

Great location, easy to find when using public transport. Great pubs/eatery close by and within 2km walking distance return. Staff do their jobs well enough. Pretty to look at, golf course across the road. Close to TCI, and not much foot traffic, so if your looking at being alone, this is a great area to wander around. So, if you stayed out late and returned knackered...you wont notice a thing thats wrong!

• Double Twin Room

Bayview Eden was fantastic - the genius special landed us in the perfect position close to Port Melbourne for easy access to the Spirit of Tasmania for our early morning departure. The facilities were incredible, clean, quiet even though we were in the middle of the city, it was very comfortable and great value for money... plenty to do, great pool, gym and meals available onsite - friendly staff. it was excellent!!

• Superior Twin Room

Restaurant waiter was extremely unfriendly & dismissive. Noise from occupants on our floor was disruptive and inconsiderate. We called the duty manager twice at midnight and again at 1am however the noise continued & at times escalated. The noise did not stop until after 3am. Two of the most important needs for my daughter, an elite athlete who had competed at Lakeside Stadium, is nutrition and sleep. Unfortunately Bayview Eden failed both of these.

Location to the athletics track, shops and trams.

not much to dislike.

I`ve stayed here many times, always a pleasure to stay here, comfy beds and rather spacious rooms and generally quiet. Excellent staff, great pool, restraunt and bar. Usually a good price, too.

• Superior King Room

The wi fi connection was very poor. Even our phone service was only 1 or 2 bars unless you stood next to the window.

Overall we had a very restful and comfortable night, thank you 😊

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Superior King Room

Kirby always looks after us well, our evening meal in the Niche was very very good, my wife and I agreed the it was one of the best we have had for some time. Breakfast was the usual, very good and Jabba (never remember his name) always makes us feel very welcome, great coffee, the best, never as good as anywhere else

• King Suite

When I pay $300 for a night I would like to have a bathroom/room that is nicer than my house. This hotel is tired and in desperate need of a makeover! The pictures were a bit misleading about the quality of the room. Maybe some have been renovated but mine certainly hadn't.

Great sized suite with amazing view and location

• Superior King Room

The WiFi was not very good. I adjusted the cooling to be colder but found it still too warm during the night. I should have phoned room service but was too tired.

The King size bed was so luxurious and the room was lovely and spacious! I ordered a ceaser salad with chicken from room service and the serving size was very generous and the meal was fresh and full of flavour

Access cards failed repeatedly, was locked out of my own room at one point. Poor lighting, no ceiling light in the bedroom. Bedroom television topset box had been unplugged at both ends, loungeroom television not functional. Wifi overly expensive per day.

Bed was large and the most comfortable I've been in for the price nearly anywhere, was actually able to get a good nights rest whilst travelling for once.

• Superior Twin Room

There really wasn't anything we didn't like. Except maybe the bath over shower.

Close to where we needed to go. Convenient good location. Staff were super friendly and helpful. The room was nice and had a nice view. Would stay there again. Food there was nice aswell. I would recommend. It was affordable also.

• Superior Twin Room

The shower curtain for me was the only disappointment.... I can stand them

Very friendly staff, comfortable bed, really clean, great breakfast and the recommendation of Roscos cafe around the corner delivered the most amazing veal scallopini...... thank you

• Superior King Room

Huge room with basic extras. No minibar which I would expect at such an expensive property. Location not great to eat out and streets very dark surrounding.

Great breakfast

• Superior King Room

Although the room renovation was done very well, some minor things have been overlooked. For instance, the bathroom was very good but the shower head was cheap and "out of place". I mean if you do the upgrade, then please do the whole package.

This time I got into updated King size room. It was very impressive, the size and renovation.

• Superior King Room

WIFE NOTICED TINY AMOUNT OF MILDEW ON SHOWER CURTAINS TOASTERS NEED TO BE IMPROVED, BEEN THE SAME IN THE INDUSTRY FOR 20 YEARS EXTREMELY INEFFECIENT AND TEDIOUS FOR ANY ONE USING IT

Overall good, ENJOYED UPGRADE STAFF EXCELLENT

• Superior Twin Room

Did not appreciate being made to make a $100.00 deposit on arrival which they said would take up to five days to refund. This was not advertised by the hotel or Booking.com,! I am paid monthly and was in the last week of pay period so was travelling on a budget so this was a suprise. When I politely questioned this the initially friendly staff turned nasty.?Never had that situation before. Not good. Also the TV didnt work and despite requests to staff, nothing was done about it. I might add that I was polite and friendly all the time. I don't like to complain and usually take things without issue .

Location and cleanliness

• Superior King Room

The WiFi could have been stronger given a property of this standard. Also, I think it is slightly overpriced given it is not exactly in the central business district (CBD) zone of the city.

Very clean, comfortable and chic property (matches a 4 start or more). Slightly off the main CBD area (hence could be difficult reaching there with Melbourne public transport). Apart from that it is close to the Botanical gardens and as such offers nice, green and scenic surroundings to look around.

• Superior King Room

Menu options for gluten free and veggie combined and the fact you could not make multiple purchases at vending machine with card (incur small charge every time you use card). They will reserve payment for incidentals when you arrive.

Lovely pool, view, clean room, friendly staff and well maintained room. I would return here.

• Superior King Room

This had the worst wifi. The upgrade was not much better. You can do so many things right but bad wifi is a deterrent from coming back. The hot water is very hot and a bit difficult to adjust. Be careful.

People were friendly. Very helpful. Rooms were nice.

• Superior King Room

Free wifi could be faster. Warmer room temperature adjustment doesnt seem to make the room warm. Housekeeping accidentally opened the room twice while we are still in the room (once at 8am another at 11am), reception said cause we didnt put the privacy sign on, but I think they shouldve asked first if we are still inside. I dont remember having to always put a privacy sign on before so that housekeeping wont come in at 8am.

Bed super comfortable, bathroom and toilet was clean, with enough towels to use, hot and cold shower available at once. Very very helpful and friendly staff.

• Superior King Room

I have now met 5 different staff during two separate trips and they were all very friendly Hotel is well located and parking is inexpensive, and accessible. Check out is 12pm and they were happy to extend, which allowed me to go to a meeting in the city and come back have late breakfast then check out Breakfast at the Bar was not like a chain hotel, more like an upmarket café. I will be back

Restaurant. We weren't too impressed with the breakfast. We ordered from the à la cart menu and it was very average. The dining room is quite dated and in need of some maintenance. The dinner was okay. Probably a bit overpriced for what it was. This is probably our only feedback about the accommodation. If they improved their dining experience including their menu, there would be no real reason to eat anywhere else. We only had breakfast there once, and ate breakfast elsewhere for the remaining five days that we were there. If the restaurant was in better shape we wouldn't have felt the need to go elsewhere.

The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are modern and very clean. We couldn't fault the rooms and even better was the price. We felt it was very good value for money. Very close to public transport and tourist attractions

• Superior Twin Room

The shower head in the bath room was loose and made it difficult to shower comfortably. Dated bathroom with shower over bath and shower curtain!

Good location, comfortable bed, Handy having a wine bar and restaurant in the hotel. To cold and wet to go out. Although the food was ok it was very expensive.

BREAKFAST BUFFET NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED, PLEASE ~

Sparkling clean room Comfy bed and nice view as per requested. Staffs are super nice! WILL GO BACK AGAIN.

• Family Room

'Heated pool' was way too cold to take the kids in. This is the main reason we picked this hotel so the kids could have a swim. The car parking was fine but on exiting the hotel the concrete scraped the bottom of our car pretty bad. (Our car is not lowered)

Beds were very comfortable.

• Superior King Room

The staff weren't very helpful. The all inclusive breakfast was not all inclusive and the staff hung up on me when I rang the reception in an attempt obtain the wifi password which had also been "included" in our package.

The location had a decent view of the harbour

• Superior King Room

some areas looking very shabby: elevators / exterior / halls no balconies smoking area no bench or seat average breakfast: eggs average sausage green?!

room staff interior decor coffee at breakfast good

• Superior King Room

The young lady at reception was not willing to help.. Hobin and Charlie were keen to resolve the matter

On arrival there was single bed?? When I booked I requested King size

• Superior King Room

Airconditioning control in our room was a bit unresponsive at times and took some time to set properly.

The facilities offered were great and room was very spacey. Location was in a great place close to the city. The hotel was good value for money.

• Superior King Room

Only one lift was functional which made the overall stay unpleasant and ran out of food at breakfast at 9am! Overcrowded. Not coming back.

Room was clean and bathroom good

• Superior King Room

Comfortable room. You can see the motel has spent a lot of money recently renovating and refreshing the rooms. It's our new favourite place to stay in Melbourne.

• Superior King Room

Nothing in the bar fridge and I would have loved a bottle of water!

The staff were genuine and very helpful and the room exceeded my expectations. King bed, very clean and clean and spacious bathroom. I was very impressed.

• Double Twin Room

The shower in the bath tub and the hot to cold water ratio to find the right temperature for having the shower

The easy going staff and willing to help you when you asked

• Superior King Room

The beds were 2 beds pushed together which was very annoying considering one of us always fell down the middle. The staff weren't not very informative on the location of the facilities.

We liked the rooftop spa at Bayview Eden. It was Hygenic and clean.

• Superior Twin Room

Buffet breakfast really needs improving. We would not eat the buffet again. We would just order what we wanted from menu. There was food left in our room fridge from previous occupant that had not been cleaned out. Overall we really enjoyed our stay.

Great room with excellent view across Albert park lake. Staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel in great location. Had dinner in restaurant and it was really nice. We enjoyed our stay.

• Superior King Room

For the price paid I'd expect breakfast to be complementary. 30min walking distance by foot to CBD.

Staff was great and allowed us to get an early check-in. Nice spacious room and free acess to pool and jacuzzi. Free wifi access.

• Double Twin Room

Not much to comment on. We had to ask for more milk as it hadn't been replaced but otherwise it was a lovely place to stay

The beds were soft and warm - and clean. The pool and spa were lovely. The pool showers could have benefitted from a little clean. The staff were very warm friendly and helpful. The cafe and cocktail bar were very pleasant and convenient. Location was excellent.

Browse Bayview Eden Melbourne traveller photo gallery