Reviews of Bayview On The Park 4 stars

52 Queens Road, Albert Park, 3004 Melbourne, Australia

#130 of 169 hotels in Melbourne

Based on 2061 hotel reviews

• Premier Queen Room

No mini bar, no drinking water bottles. The property itself is very old and it’s showing it’s age. The inside furniture is very old and aged. The kettle was stained and broken and one of those 10$ Woolworths home branded bought in 1990s! There was cigarette burn mark on the bed head. The lights in the room were dim and old. Even though this is completely non smoking hotel , I periodically smelt cigarette while walking in the corridor. (Not hotel,s fault). I was woken up twice at 5am by another guest next door with constant knocking on the door. He was probably was drunk and was forgetting his room. Some of these negatives are not against hotel but when you choose to live in this hotel you should know the crowd you are going to share the space with.

It’s great location. Big property with ample parking space(paid) and good restaurant. It’s and old hotel but looked after well and clean.

• Standard Queen Room

Probably needs updating at some stage.

Clean and beds comfy. Not your ultra modern but great value. Rooms service and the food was excellent. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Standard Queen Room

Overall staff attitude not helpful. Food average and 1 desert item not as described in menu. When queried staff said "If we made it as it says it would cost a lot more". My partner had toast and coffee for breakfast but was charged for continental, when queried at checkout we were told that it was correct, but the waiter in the breakfast room only asked her the room number, did not give her a bill and did not get a signature. We will not return.

Older style showing its age but clean

• Premier Queen Room

Room cold and very sterile - would have been nice to have been colourful. Said getting deluxe room - would have hated to see the non deluxe. Staff miserable - no smiles at all!!! Reception did not acknowledge me when on the phone to say I was next in line Very disappointing

Next to St Kilda

• Premier Double Double Room

The hotel was filthy! I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels all around the world some quite low rating others 6 star and this was without doubt the dirtiest and most unhygienic hotel I have ever stayed in. The building being old is no excuse, cleaning is a daily function for any hotelier and this was not clean. From the moment you stepped into the lift you saw dirty walls and stain marks on stainless steel lining of the lift. A 5 minute clean is all that would take to fix. The hallways were not well cleaned and the room was filthy too. The windows had significant water and rust stains so looking over the iconic Albert park area home of the Australian Grand Prix was filtered by rust and water stained glass. The curtains were water damaged and had dirty finger marks on them. The bathroom was not disability or age friendly. To get out of the shower you have to climb out of the bath with a significant height drop onto wet floors as the shower curtain doesn’t protect the floor properly. The floor is slippery when wet so at some stage someone will slip over. The list goes on but one thing is for sure, we will NEVER stay at This hotel again.

Location was excellent

• Premier Double Double Room

Had to wait 40 minutes extra past advised check in time, for room to be cleaned. Room dirty. Hair in bathtub. Asked a staff member to clean it and she laughed at me like it was the funniest thing on earth. Drain not draining in bath so shower in ankle deep water. Dust everywhere. Sticky substance on drawers and units. Spilt milk in fridge door, new milk put in on top of milk. Ac unit rattled so couldn't use at night, ( winter time). Told we couldn't park o/n at front of hotel(82 yo travelled with us) only to notice another customer had parked there all night. All car parks have reserved signs on them, but mean nothing, so we were told after trying to park car. deposit not returned on check out waited 48 hours for this

Location. Close to the Alfred hospital

• Standard Queen Room

I didn’t like my credit card being docked $167.00 when we had booked thru Booking.com at a quoted price of $117.00. I was asked to pay $15.00’for car parking and gave up my credit card for this transaction. There was no advice or indication that the card was used for the accomodation. When we checked out the following morning I was asked to pay for the room and parking which I did. Two days later from our credit card statement it is obvious that this business has charged us twice. When questioned we are told that the $167 will be back in our account by Friday. Not good enough won’t stay here again.

The property was clean and suited our purpose

• Standard Queen Room

The hot water system! It was very hard to adjust, kept getting randomly hot or cold only after two three minutes of using it. The sound proof quality of the room was also considered to be fair only. When people inconsiderately talking in the corridor they can be heard quite clearly.

Comfy bed, nice layout, perfect location for easy access to city area. Overall I feel comfy about the place.

Checking in process.

Booked through Booking.com and reservation confirmed however when we arrived they had no record of our booking despite showing them the Booking.com confirmation. They booked us in which was great but checking in took half an hour! We received no compensation - offering us free parking would have gone a long way but we received no apology for our laborious check in. Disappointing.

• Standard Queen Room

Please donot rely on the briefing they do in their advertisement and website. It is totally different when you will be in as most of the facilities they wrote are just eyewashing.I was there for 8 days there for me study purposes ,even couldn't find the internet is working most of the time.

Nothing to be liked except the tidiness

• Premier Queen Room

There is nothing I don’t like about the place

The place has met my requirements for six years as I come to Melbourne regularly and spend on average 17 nights at Bayview.

• Premier Queen Room

The whole hotel is looking shabby and beaten up. The pillows were hard and lumpy. The fixtures and fuiiti G’s and furniture are chipped and aged and looking old and tired. There were no complimentary bathroom products at all. The lighting in the room was inadequate. The linen had wear holes in it. The whole room was musty. The elevators had a very long wait on arriving to the first floor.

The only good thing was location to Albert Park Lake for a morning walk.

• Standard Queen Room

Nothing I didn't like I love the place.....everything went well....good place and safe to stay...clean staff are friendly and the food are delicious....

Most time stayed in my room.

• Standard Queen Room

Quality of room cleaning by staff and the outdated practice of taking $100 deposit in case we damaged something .. Punishing many for the actions of a few.

• Premier Queen Room

Front office unhappy to see me arrive at the confirmed check in time. I was told they do not have the booking and it would be not $119 but $250 for 8 Hour stay. It was now 2am and impossible to locate a hotel for the night.

Zero zilch nothing

• Premier Queen Room

Upon arriving we were given a room with the wrong bedding, even though we specifically booked and also requested king bedding ( this request was answered by the property confirming king bedding) . Instead of reallocating us into a room with the correct bedding, the receptionst made us stand in the corridor and wait for 15 minutes for housekeeping to rejoin the beds. Wrong size doona also given. Poor customer service on this occasion.

Good room rate and fairly clean room.

• Premier Queen Room

slow receptionist, 2 counters but only 1 staff.. (come on!)

Very comfortable & clean. Reasonable price esp i stayed there on weekend. Easy to access. Close to transport. Close to the city, half hour walk to flinders street station or less than 10mins by tram. Plenty of cafes & restaurants not too far away.

• Premier Double Double Room

Room service was disappointing:- 1) Nacho's ordered were dry and not very appetising due to very little sour cream, guacamole and salsa sauce. 2) Apple pie ordered was missing ice-cream at first and had very little brandy custard. Ice-cream delivered after.

1) Access to public transport 2) Beds comfortable

• Premier Queen Room

breakfast is the same for all days, wifi very slow and one receptionist is not friendly

the bakery is very good, warm room, nice view and close to St Kilda.

• Standard Queen Room

it needs a total makeover as when we got off lift and onto 3rd floor ,it had a very old odour and the room we had needs a lot of maintenance like paintwork, gaps filled. and we think the days of a shower in the bath are passe.

the location

• Standard Queen Room

They put a hold on the price for accommodation and a bond then at end of stay made me pay for it all again then told me I had to wait up to 5 days to get the money back they held $219 then paid $300 when checking out I had to pay out $519 for 2 nights

• Executive King Suite

This was a present and they had no idea about whose credit card to charge and they asked the guest to pay for the room. This was rectified after booking.com had to ring them to say charge the booking to credit card on file.

• Premier Queen Room

The check out process was delayed due to only one person being on desk at the time, and some visitors having to use their phone to translate their conversation with the person on duty.

The continental breakfast was good. The location next to Albert Park is great for an early morning walk or jog. Parking was good with access off the rear.

• Standard Queen Room

Rather tired looking rooms. Popular with coach loads of Chinese tourists who appear to arrive and depart en masse at odd hours with considerable noise. OK but you can find better.

Good location relative to the conference that I was stating at.

• Standard Queen Room

Blanket old and had holes Pillows thin No toiletries Walls paper thin Poor lighting Poor shower No climate control Room very outdated Parking $13 The venue was very quiet and didn’t comp. upgrade

• Standard Queen Room

The style is a little out-dated, but the hotel was kept very clean and tidy. Made up for the old decor. Wifi and the internet really slow. Needs an upgrade, I ended up using my own mobile device for access to the web as I could not rely on the hotels.

The staff were nice and friendly. Allan helped us out a lot and remembered orders like the way I preferred my coffee. Nice touch. Training rooms kept stocked and replenished.

• Premier Queen Room

Allocated room was a standard room next to the noisy lift & did not match the premier room - with view .. that was booked online. Buffet Breakfast is average but cheaper than room service.

Location, Parking

• Premier Queen Room

The bathrooms could do with an update, but liveable!

Great parking and they took all measures to accommodate an early check in. Very friendly staff. This is the third time or so we've stayed here and it's an old classic. We love it. Beautiful views of Albert Park Lake. Very roomy.

• Standard Queen Room

I had to ask for toiletries. I still can not find the red dot to turn the heater on. The shower curtain was too dark and I could not see in the shower. I was going to have a bath but there was no plug for the bath. Housekeeping came in at 9am and check out was at 11am. So much for a sleep in on my night away from the kids! Breakfast was average and you need to pay for cappuccino!! Going to a cafe would have been better! When I gave feedback at check out no one seems to care! Next time I will pay the extra and stay somewhere with better service!!

Location and the comfy bed!

While practical and all you need, the décor in the bathrooms did need an update, a few cracked tiles, water damage on the door, and an almost antique hairdryer, (but it still worked) just needing an update, but by no means affected the quality of our stay, with fluffy towels and nice products to use in the bath.

The beds were definitely comfy, fresh linen, great pillows. Room service lunch after an early interstate flight YUM.... Staff very obliging

No action was done now i need to make a police report

Im very upset they claim my luggage is not where i left it in the room and i dont have a cash bond i asked them to please check their video footage and the lady replied with “i can leave a note for the cleaners

No action was done now i need to make a police report

• Standard Queen Room

The air con remote was supposed to be pointed at the red dot on the ceiling,unfortunately there was no red dot on the ceiling so I could not control the air con.

It was all I would expect for the price,would come back.

• Standard Queen Room

Staff - a smile might help ! The bathroom needs updating. I booked parking, was told to enter from back, when I got there, there was an EXIT only and a car coming down exit. Drove around the back, couldn't enter there. Parked in the open. When I enquired from the very unhappy staff member, was told to go in the EXIT. There was no information in the rooms about Melbourne, only menu from their restaurant. No milk. Old tv.

The bed was okay and clean.

• Premier Queen Room

I chose the property for the promised good view but the only view we got was of trees. Very much disappointed. Some of the equipments in the gym were not working too.

Comfortable, good value for money, close to the tram stop. We appreciate that we could store our luggage after checking out while waiting for to get to the airport.

• Premier Double Double Room

The fact that the shower over the bath was hard to climb in and out of with no handle rail to assist and also no slipmat in the bath. Also wastage of water with taps hard to turn off.

• Premier Queen Room

Staff werent too friendly or helpful, really depended on who you meet. Was placed in a Queen room and then I extended my stay. Queen room didnt look like it was cleaned well. Found a baby cockroach. Internet was flaky at times and had reconnect multiple times.

Had to change rooms because I extended my stay. Was allowed early check in.

• Standard Twin Room

Rude staff member on checkin, horiffic wifi signal (none existant), exceptionally noisy, terrible view from the window( looking onto a roof) dated rooms from the 90's, possible even late 80's! Dusty room/dirty carpets and walls/ unstable bed... wouldn't recommend sadly.

The check out was fast, thankfully.

• Standard Queen Room

Put up do not disturb sign but cleaners entered anyway. The bathtub was rather dirty but other than that the room was perfectly fine. A tad small but for the price definitely worth it.

• Premier Queen Room

The website said parking was available but nothing about the charge!! Needs to be clearer. Bathroom fittings need to be fitted properly, some are very loose.

The room was spacious with a nice view, location to trams on St Kilda road was excellent.

• Premier Queen Room

The breakfast was substandard and not even worthy of a single star rating. Miniscule choice - only soggy scrambled eggs made from diluted pulp, half cooked bacon, breakfast sausages and baked beans. No fresh eggs, no fruit. Just a single pot of weak brewed coffee to share between all the guests - had to constantly be refilled at the request of guests. And for this substandard breakfast that resembled what one would expect to get while on a school camp we were charged $22!

Nice big room and clean. Bed was good, climate control was good. Plenty of space.

• Premier Double Double Room

It wasn't explained to me before I moved there that I had to pay for bond. So some of the money I wanted to spend was limited as a result

Everything else was good

• Standard Queen Room

Room smelt like someone had been smoking in there . Had to put a pillow against the door as the light from hallway was shining in . Quest coming back late echoed into rooms .

Price

• Premier Queen Room

Had a problem with payment. Stay cost was $103 paid from my saving acc. Was charged that plus $190, my holding fee, which has not been refunded into my account. They said that they were doing it immediatly on my departure but it hasn't happened yet. I'm about to contact them

• Standard Twin Room

Couldn’t order a simple breakfast until after 10.30 they offer buffet breakfast which is great but I can’t each much at all so no good to me

Bed was so comfy

• Premier Double Double Room

The rooms where not cleaned properly at all! There where splatters on the bathroom mirror and I don’t want to know what over the bed head. We where charged for parking when we where not informed there would be a charge, the “hot” food for breakfast was like warm at best.

Everything was A Okay!! 😁

I loved the space available in the room and the bathroom. I was there only for a night close to 10 hours or so but felt like I should have stayed at this property rather than the many other properties I stayed earlier on during my visit

• Standard Queen Room

room tiny and old but comfortable, functional and reflective of cheap rate.

Location, value for money, cheap parking. Clean smelling and looking throughout.

• Premier Double Double Room

The Chinese people leaving at 6am in the morning - seems they have to talk all together loudly for ages before they get to the lift. Very rude and inconsiderate people. Maybe put signs up in Chinese telling them to shut up. The room air conditioning is very noisy and you can't open the window.

Car parking is cheap and always available. The location is good as we like the City and St Kilda and it is half way between them. The rooms are quiet on the East side, away from the road.

• Standard Queen Room

Not really sure what the premium Queen upgrade was. Did I get an extra chair?? And the $25 breakfast was missing bacon and sausages!! Sorry but this place deserves to be criticised for deliberately skimping on quality and upgrades that everyone else does periodically.

• Standard Queen Room

Terrible pillows. Very tired decor, bathroom rather dilapidated. Car parking was extra - I was there less than 8 hours overnight. Construction noise from from 6am.

Good location and good price. Room was basic but OK. Had a few extras like tea and coffee making facilities. Clean.

• Standard Queen Room

The drains in the bathroom are too far from the bathtub. When we closed the curtains outside the tub, the water went everywhere but the drain.

I liked that there was a bathtub. The full breakfast was completely worth it. 11/10

• Premier Double Double Room

Long wait for food at the restaurant though the place was very empty. Bed felt really short, feet were hanging off the end which is unusual for me.

Staff at reception were friendly and helpful

• Standard Queen Room

I didn’t like the noisy guests who only consider themselves talking and making a lot of noise waking me around midnight .

Love the nice crisp sheets and room itself .

• Premier Queen Room

Rooms are just like the Grand Hyatt. Noisy.I can hear people taliking next door. The shower in our room ran either scorching hot or freezing cold. I think we were in room 324.

• Premier Double Double Room

Some reviews say the place is dirty. It’s just in need of a revamp. Tiles are scratched, bath was scratched. Just made it look dirty but in my opinion it was clean. Some staff were lovely and some looked like they didn’t want to be there. I questioned the payment as I was concerned I’d been over charged and the staff member was not happy. There are a few small things that would neaten the place up like filling in the gap between the basin and the bench top with some silicon. Same for the bench above the fridge. These small things would just make the room look cleaner, instead of gaps where stuff congregates. There was a little mould starting to appear on the bathroom ceiling but nothing a little watered down domestos would fix.

The price was good. The room was quiet. Bed was good. As long as you don’t expect a new looking place, it’s good. Due to works in St Kilda Rd public transport was a bit of a pain but we walked everywhere which was nice. I love how close to Albert Park Lake it is and we saw heaps of ring tailed possums at night when returning from Fitzroy St. Having car parking is very important to us as we come from a rural area. Car park was great.

• Standard Queen Room

Firstly I was disappointed that there was blood on the sheets from the previous customer, we arrived back at 2am in the morning so no one to contact! Told the staff member as we were checking out & was told I’d be contacted. It’s 3 days now and no phone call!

• Standard Queen Room

The room and bathroom could have been cleaner, my curtains were off the runner. Biggest problem was the noise. Hearing people come and go in the night. I was woken up a lot and then in the morning room service was up and down the hallway. I slept really badly here.

good location and price

• Premier Queen Room

The hotel is very tired and needs a fair bit of maintenance. The staff could use a bit more pep. The breakfast was pretty ordinary. The hotel overall could use some updating to bring it into current standards. I would expect this kind of experience from a motel in the country but not in Melbourne CBD.

The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly to us. It was OK value for money considering the location.

• Standard Queen Room

Very bad direction.Covered by trees.GPS going to Parkview hotel even if you put Bayview on the park. T Bathroom in room 206 has no exhaust.not working.so we were scared of showering Staff told us he will get people to fix it.

Like closeness to Alfred. Very bad directions.Covered by trees.GPS going to Parkview hotel even if you put Bayview on the park

• Premier Queen Room

The bed was not very good. It dipped into the middle and was not comfortable. Having said that, we both had a reasonable sleep (maybe we were tired!).

The location of the hotel is fantastic. It's a short walk to the tram. We used the tram to head to our event in St. Kilda, and again to go the other direction toward the city the next day. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had a lovely snack meal for lunch as we waited for our room to be ready. Not that views are 'usable', but to look over the golf course and Albert Park Lake, and across the water is really nice.

• Standard Queen Room

Just that odd $100 taken as some kind of security. I understand but honest people have to pay for the not so honest!!!

Everything was quite perfect from check in to check out. Highly recommended you will not be disappointed

• Standard Queen Room

Was overcharged when we got there but was fixed up by assistant manager milk was open in the fridge no soap in room. Cups were dirty and disappointed in restraint staff for taking our breakfast while we went to make coffee 5 steps away

Bar staff was good

• Standard Queen Room

The room had a strange odor to it that I am not sure what it was. Was not a musty smell just weird. Tolerated it but room was clean. Inconsiderate people at hotel basically yelling at 4:00 in the morning. If you have something to say no need to yell it down the corridor.

Location of hotel great for what I needed and price was fine.

• Standard Queen Room

It just seemed a bit miserable and run down. Dingy room with curtains falling down at one end. Carpets patchy and paint in corridors all scratched.

The pool looked beautiful- but wasn’t heated so not actually usable. However, it was cheap compared to other alternatives, but $220 for the night wasn’t nothing either...

• Studio Suite

Only one lift for all floors and no stairs! Food average

Booked last minute for F1, had a massive suite and is so close to the F1 entrance. Great value for money considering!

• Standard Queen Room

NO bathroom toiletries! I don't think I have ever stayed overnight anywhere (worldwide) that there was not at least a mini shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom. Would prefer a small bar of soap in place of a liquid dispenser on the wall (not sure of it's contents).

Excellent location when we attended the Formula 1 Grand Prix.

• Premier Double Double Room

some staff might not be in great mood.

large room for two girls. gorgeous lobby. nice view from huge windows. great location; not too close and busy to cbd, but not too far to access.

• Standard Twin Room

Surcharge for credit card transaction despite the fact that I had to use a credit card. Paid for parking that I couldn't use. Run down budget motel at a premium resort price.

• Standard Queen Room

I booked a taxi the night before . Those who booked one at reception got one within minutes / The my taxi finally arrived 20 +minutes late but driver said he had only been booked 8minutes before .That was when I had gone to reception to see what was happening .Hmm .. was it ever booked I ask myself?

Bed was comfortable .OK if you cant get anywhere better when Football/rugby and GP all on the same time and prices are very inflated .

Lack of soundproofing

Usually frequent the restaurant but full with bike riders who were rowdy, disrespectful coming up to rooms at 1am and then leaving again at 5am

• Premier Queen Room

The hotel advertises itself as a non-smoking hotel but instead, the smokers congregate at the front door (because there are bins with ashtrays) and there is the strong stale smell of cigarette smoke as you walk in and out.

Bed rooms comfortably appointed. Staff friendly. Plenty of parking space.

• Premier Double Double Room

The fridge was leaking water all over our food and drinks, the rooms are quite a bit older than the photos portray

The beds were comfy, the cleaners did a good job each day

• Premier Queen Room

It was hard with some staff to make myself understood as English was sometimes not strong

Bed was comfy ..staff doing there very best to meet people's needs and we're very helpfull

• Premier Queen Room

"Premium" room just overlooked a carpark and had nothing really more than a standard room would have. Pictures showed nice views over the Albert Park. Looked back at the fineprint to find "views available on request".

Pool was nice with a bar next door serving a good variety of drinks and food at reasonable prices.

Browse Bayview On The Park traveller photo gallery