2. Australia hotel reviews

#422 of 486 Holiday rentals in Gold Coast

5.9

6.2

6.1

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 15 February 2019

Great place would stay again but just clean it properly
    • Studio with Ocean View

It really needs to up its cleaning. It has lots of dust and things not wiped down as well as splotches of stuff everywhere. If they actually cleaned properly i would of given 5/5

It was a really good hotel conventially located - we were upgraded to the one bedroom. Great views - very quiet and nice and close to tourist areas without being on top of it. Liked the fob keys too for security.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2019

Ok for the price
    • Studio with Ocean View

Room was not as it appeared in pictures. Multiple steps into areas such as kitchen, bathroom and balcony, which were serious tripping hazards. The bed was also very uncomfortable!

The location was perfect, the pool, spa etc were excellent. And the staff were very friendly. The best thing in regards to the room itself however would be the free movies that were all very recent releases.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2019

Great location and view
    • Studio with Ocean View

Generally clean. The multiple keys were in convenient to keep in my pocket when I go out. I had one card for the foyer door, one tag for the elevator and one big key for m room door.

Sauna and the location. Great view

• Reviewed: 12 February 2019

The sea views from the room, near the beach and had a car...
    • Studio with Ocean View

The room wasn't very clean, dirty fridge & cooker, the kitchen has a dirty floor. The bathroom was old and needed up-dating, the bathroom was also dirty and the windows to the room were also very dirty. The breakfast in not served in the hotel you need to walk across the road to the beach café. The café wasn't that clean and the breakfast wasn't that nice.

The sea views from the room, near the beach and had a car park.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2019

Close to the shops
    • Studio with Ocean View

The double bed was two single beds put together . There was no mattress protector No fitted sheets Only 1 roll of toilet paper

Close to the shops Close to the beach Had somewhere to park your car

• Reviewed: 11 February 2019

Perfect for a short break in the centre of Surfers Paradise
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Pool area was a bit cramped with no Sun after about 3.00 pm.

Wrap around balcony gave good views of both beach and waterways, plus Sun most of the day. Location was perfect, just one street down from the main thoroughfare.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2019

To be completely honest.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

The room was old. Paint was coming off the walls. The bench top had chip marks on it. The carpet was very damp also a damp carpet smell. The aircon was already on when i walked the place.The windows look like they haven't been clean for a very long time. I couldnt see the view of the beach because the windows were that dirty. The bed was very uncomfortable you could feel the springs and also it wasnt a queen size bed. It was 2 single matresses put together on a queen size head board. Also paid a bond of $200 where i think there shouldn't be one because the place is very old damp and broken. I would not stay here again ever! Not worth the money. I could have stayed somewhere way better without paying a bond and modern aswell. There were big bang noises in the walls like plumbing pipes. its a big no from me. 👎

To be completely honest. Nothing. I had the worse sleep ever.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2019

WOULD NEVER SET FOOT AGAIN
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

On the website the photos are VERY different to the actual place, it is very old and run down. It was not what i expected and I left after one night. They even charge for the hotel pool towel! I have been to Surfers many times and have never been charged before, its a disgrace!

The only thing about this place is the location.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2019

absolutely disgusting
    • Studio with Ocean View

The rooms in itself was disgusting infested with cockroaches we stayed there two night changed two rooms then left a week early and had to find somewhere else to stay.

the only thing that was nice is the view and location

• Reviewed: 3 February 2019

Love the location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It was very unclaimed dirty stains everywhere it was even poop on the toilet seat a black hair stuck to the side of the washing machine the floor was sticky not the best hotel I've stayed at through booking.com I don't think I'll ever go back there again

Love the location

• Reviewed: 2 February 2019

The location and staff were great.
    • Budget Studio

The room was dirty taps dripped you couldn’t go on the balcony and sit because there were bird droppings on the chairs and balcony it looked like it had not been washed in a very long time. We were there for 4 nights we we told we would have a dish washer ( we had to wash up in a frypan we didn’t even get a plug )washing machine and dryer. Me brothers room for which he paid a lot less had a separate bed room hallway big balcony with table and chairs. Washing machine and dryer big kitchen with dishwasher and cupboards. And a plug.

The location and staff were great.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2019

The fridge stopped working the first night and we had to...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The fridge stopped working the first night and we had to throw out a lot of food, the second day it cane back on after we’d purchased ice, I checked out almost a week ago and still haven’t got my security deposit back, the guy I spoke to on the phone about it was so rude. The toilet had poo marks in it, it was a a very untidy room. I wouldn’t stay there again

• Reviewed: 28 January 2019

The property was in a good location close to the beach and...
    • Budget Studio

The front desk 2 Asian guys were not very helpful, if advised I misplaced the key and automatically wanted to charge me $200 for a replacement just to get upstairs to the apartment I had to provide credit card details which they took, after I vacated they said they found the keys and will refund the monies in 30days which I find ridiculous. I stayed for 2 nights and the room was never cleaned whilst I was out nor was there any towels or toilet paper or bed linen remade, the morning I was to check out the maids knocked at my door at 8:30am to clean when check out was not until 10:00am. The curtains were dirty, the floor was dirty, the room did not look like the one advertised as it was of older style. The only great thing was that islander security who was always happy, accomodating and helpful.

The property was in a good location close to the beach and shops

• Reviewed: 27 January 2019

We always stay here for the convenience but the rooms are...
    • Studio with Ocean View

We always stay here for the convenience but the rooms are always a hit and miss The one we stayed in had 1 glass, a portable cooktop but nothing to cook with so we had to go out and buy pots and utensils. Not ideal for a "self contained" unit Twice we've booked in and been given keys to an uncleaned room :(

• Reviewed: 26 January 2019

-Near the beach and centre of the Gold Coast easy access...
    • Budget Studio

-Room like old building. -Room not really cleaning even the dirty tower still left inside the wardrobe.

-Near the beach and centre of the Gold Coast easy access everywhere.

Great location with amazing ocean views and friendly staff
    • Studio with Ocean View

The place wasn't clean The room was old and deteriorating Make up on the towels Fingernails and stains on the carpet Lube on the bedside table Mould in the shower and aircon Hair in the kitchen Broken glass in the bathroom sink, and then they wanted us to take out our own rubbish, not very impressed.

Great location with amazing ocean views and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 22 January 2019

Great view, good location.
    • Studio with Ocean View

After the first night we realised that the air conditioning wouldn’t cool the room below 24 degrees and that’s according to the readout at the air conditioner. Let alone in the bedroom it was even hotter. The fan above the bed pushed no air on low and on the next setting up the fan shook and made so much noise we couldn’t use that setting. The plumbing was the loudest I’ve ever heard anywhere whether you were using it or not. The blinds were only half there which allowed the early morning sun to beam straight in on our son’s bed at 5:30 am. All this was reported to the desk and they sent up the new young maintenance person and he said everything was fine although we weren’t there to talk to him. We never had a decent night’s sleep. And when we went to check out we finally got to talk to a “manager” and he was condescending and patronizing and would give us absolutely no refund and insisted the aircon and fan worked properly.

Great view, good location.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2019

It was an average room but enjoyable.
    • Studio with Ocean View

Our TV didn't work on the first day and we never got to watch our free movies because the box wasn't working. Also dirty dishes in cupboards.

The location and views were amazing. Bed was comfy, and aircon worked great.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2019

Better customer service, like when you get there and you...
    • Budget Studio

Better customer service, like when you get there and you room ain't ready till a few hours,and when you leave there kick you out at ten on the dot.with the big money you spend there you expect ya full 48hours.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2019

Disgusting and Hazardous!
    • Studio with Ocean View

It was dirty and fingerprints seen all over the cupboard yukk! The extra fold up bed was so uncomfortable hurt my childs back!!! The staff did not inform us that the toaster was not working not enough sugar or anything in the room! Not to mention the service was crap.

The view was ok

• Reviewed: 19 January 2019

We will go back to stay however not in 508.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The 1 bed room 508 was dirty old and smelly, Air con not working in bedroom dryer needs replacing, shower leaked all night and day flooding floor, curtains torn, unit needs refurbishing totally. Management should not take on the unit until it is refurbished.

Location perfect, staff were friendly and obliging.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2019

the staff was great but I was disappointed by the room, we...
    • Studio with Ocean View

not a great room location and check out at 10am is very early, 12pm wld be better. thank u

the staff was great but I was disappointed by the room, we didn’t have a full ocean front view like it was advertised and we got a small corner studio. but everything was clean

• Reviewed: 18 January 2019

The location of the property was great!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

The rooms probably need some upgrading.

The location of the property was great! 5 min walk to the beach and Cavill Avenue. Everything was pretty much at your doorstep. The view from my room balcony beautiful.

Overall very happy. Thank you
    • Studio with Ocean View

When reception said they would send maintenance within the hour and they never arrived. I had to wait till the next day. The issue was rectified. Still enjoyed my stay.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2019

Good location, pleasant stay.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Bed was a bit hard, and was two singles pushed together. Place was a little run down eg. Toilet holder fell off when touched it.

Location was excellent. Staff were friendly.

Amazing stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

The apartmemt was a bit outdated. And the balcony was a little dirty.

I loved the lounges. The bed was comfy and the location was brilliant, close to everything you need.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2019

Prime location
    • Studio with Ocean View

Check-in was at 2pm, we arrived early (1.30) so I expected to wait until 2 but time dragged on and it was 3pm before our room was ready.. I know things go wrong so I went with the flow but I don’t feel like staff respected or appreciated that we waited a whole hour after the proper check in without kicking up a fuss.

Prime location Lovely room Impressive balcony & views Good indoor & outdoor pool

• Reviewed: 17 January 2019

View and location good. All else to be desired.
    • Budget Studio

Quality of the room was poor. Even though we had paid upfront on credit card before arrival we were still expected to pay a $200 deposit incase of any damage caused by us during our stay. We were unaware of this to take place. The room itself smelt bad. Mould all through the grout in the bath room and on the celling. The clothes line in bathroom was broken. There was left over shaver heads and soap bottle lids in the shower as well. The sleeping/living area had stained carpet which appeared that it had not been cleaned let alone vacumed for quite some time. The kitchen area was unclean, plates and cutlery dirty, bench tops stained and peeling. The air conditioner smelt bad when turned on so it was never used. The curtains were stained and torn at the bottom. The pool water in the facility smelt and the gym area as well not only smelt but had holes in the celling and all round dirty. No smoke detector.

The view was great and the location was close to everything was the only reason we continued to stay.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2019

Overall, our stay was okay. The place is nice and accessible.
    • Studio with Ocean View

Asking for extra towels will cost you and even the extra cleaning. The free internet is a bit slow and you must log in from time to time to use it.

The beach is a walking distance from the hotel and the shops are all over the place. We enjoyed walking around the surfer’s paradise which in 5 mins you’ll be home.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2019

Dirty hotel with good location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Whole stay was horrible Arrived at 2pm and had to wait over an hour to just check in because our room was not ready. Dealt with staff who were very unhelpful. Walked into our room, manager was inside the room to finish what I assume was cleaning. Every piece of furniture is broken/worn out/DIRTY. floors stained everywhere roof stained. Walked in to actual rubbish on the floor. Cigarettes, ash and I dont know what other kind of rubbish was all over the balcony. Cold water in shower did not work. Also paid for ocean view room and when arrived of course no ocean view room and they were fully booked out so had to stay In this room. Overall very disappointed. Not only did my booking confirmation show me I would be in a nice room and I got a dirty old worn out room but the service and how much they made us wait to check in when we were on time.. I've been to many hotels and never experienced this.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2019

The view, and the pool area were good.
    • Studio with Ocean View

Having to take our own rubbish out otherwise you don’t get your deposit back ridiculous without being informed prior!!

The view, and the pool area were good.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2019

Will not recommend or be back
    • Budget Studio

Bed so needs replacing felt springs in my back and seems to have collapsed. a good night sleep is so important. But awake all night and not exaggerating. No hot water pressure so having a shower was not pleasant

The view

• Reviewed: 13 January 2019

Disappointed in room
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Air con in bedroom did not work. Staff did not fix once told. Holes in curtains in bedroom and lounge. No blind in large kitchen window. Had been broken and not replaced. Room very very different to photos online. Bed was poor and pillows were very thin.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2019

Disapointing!!!

Air conditioning not working in both rooms. Both rooms dirty. Photos of the bedrooms old en not true reflection of what is looking like at present. Very disapointed with the rooms!!!! Will never stay there again!!!

Location only

• Reviewed: 12 January 2019

Definitely be back.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Needs to remove stained cups in the cupboards. This gives a bad impression. We don't mind it being an old property but please clean the floors properly. I have small kids hence I am very fuzzy when it comes to cleanliness specially hotels. I ended up mopping the floor from lounge to the kitchen to toilet with dettol wipes. And please also include cleaning the dryer there's heaps of fluffs accumulated from previous users. Location is fantastic though, we love it. 2 minute walk to the main beach, shops, and restaurants. Parking is a bit tight so avoid bringing monster trucks. Reception and Security Guards very polite. Reception is only until 5 pm only so make sure you contact hotel if you arrive late or make make sure you have enough battery in your phone to check messages as they normally send you code to get in. Housekeepers needs to step up a bit. Thanks guys.

Location is centrally located. Perfect for families.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2019

DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER
    • Budget Studio

It was absolutely disappointing and filthy. Cockroaches were all over from kitchen to bathroom. Appliances was filthy to use. Damp smell furniture pathetic smashed in and carpets disgusting. Wardrobes smelly would not put clothes or bags in. Will never book there again. Toilet pan cracked. Very unhappy guest. Room needs totally revamp.

Great location central of everything.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2019

Worth the stay for the amazing location.
    • Studio with Ocean View

The bed was very uncomfortable and sunk inwards in the middle. The chairs had stains on them and the paint was peeling off the furniture.

The staff were lovely and the facilities were great as was the amazing location.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2019

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in
    • Studio with Ocean View

Never have I ever had such a horrible time on a holiday before. I checked in earlier in the day although I wasn’t able to receive the keys so I had to come back later. I overheard a family checking out complaining about cockroaches in their room which completely got me nervous about seeing the room but I wasn’t allowed in regardless. First when me and my partner arrived back at the hotel, we were greeted by the only respectful worker in the so called “resort” which was the security guard as we had to pick up our keys after hours, explaining everything to us deeply. As we exited the elevator to the level 12 apartments we were greeted by a HORRIBLE smell which never went away the whole time we were there. As we walked into a small squishy hallway with dirty walls we walked behind another door which was our room and we were surprised with what we were seeing. I had paid for the newly renovated, modern, BEAUTIFUL room advertised on the booking.com website and instead we were standing infront of the 1900’s room design. We checked out the room as any person would as they get to a hotel room. First off the room was STINKING hot as it would normally be arriving into 29° heat Surfers Paradise weather, we had noticed a stand up fan in the corner of the room but there was also a split system air conditioner on the wall so we tried turning it on with the remote but nothing. We tried turning on the stand up fan (with no instruction at all) for roughly 20 minutes and finally it started to turn on after us working up a sweat! And to top it all off, we weren’t even told about the air conditioner not working upon our arrival, just greeted with what we got! Secondly there was rusty furniture in the room which could be a hazard for especially smaller children.

Absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: 6 January 2019

Location is great, nice view and the pools are good, spa a...
    • Budget Studio

Tap didnt work properly in the bathroom. No change of towels, would have thought for the price that would at least be included

Location is great, nice view and the pools are good, spa a bit grotty though - needs regular cleaning. Room was clean and staff helpful

• Reviewed: 5 January 2019

Nothing is good about this property very dirty and staff are...

As above

Nothing is good about this property very dirty and staff are rude.Rooms don’t get clean each day or even for new visitors,won’t go back there for free accommodation

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

Could see NYE fireworks from balcony.
    • Budget Studio

Run down. Not that clean. No bedside table or lamps. Stayed 5 nights. No cleaning or fresh towels. No fan in bathroom. Shower screen fell down. Couch poor quality and uncomfortable. No table for eating dinner.

Could see NYE fireworks from balcony. Good location. Staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

The rooms were very spacious and you get a good view of the...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

There were a few dead cockroaches when we first go into our room.

The rooms were very spacious and you get a good view of the ocean, from all angles! The beds were very comfortable! We felt a nice distance in between the beach and the main lot of bars and shops!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

Great location but needs maintenance
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

We had to request a new room after 1st night. The bed was unusable. Had 2 singles pushed together. 1 springs had gone and the other was on a lean

• Reviewed: 1 January 2019

We liked that it was close to the beach and that was really...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Stay away from beachcomber - broken air con, broken off soap rack in the shower, curtains hanging off their broken brackets, filthy micccrowave, springs popping out of the mattress, no standard locking doors, dirty glasses, broken handles off drawers, clothes dryer resting dangerously on power supply and to top it all of no smoke detector in the apartment 🤔which shall be reported to the appropriate authorities. So apparently no other room we could be changed to and no way our money could be refunded. I booked this place as a surprise for my family and it turned out to be the worst nightmare and the last place we will ever go back too. I am still waiting to hear from Beachcomber and booking.com as to how their false advertising will be rectified and how my family and I will be compensated for our trauma.

We liked that it was close to the beach and that was really lucky because there was no way we could have stayed in our dump of a room.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2018

Great location and ocean views
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

It needs fresh ingredients up. No towel rail in bathroom. Shower door needs replacing. One bed side lamp broken. Kitchen not well equipped. Window crap broken.

Great location and ocean views

• Reviewed: 30 December 2018

What I liked the most was the prime location with an ocean...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

I didn't like when we get to the room was very dirty it was not clean at all. The sheets are dirty the bathroom we're disgusting. We need to stay inside my car and wait for the cleaner to clean the room. We've come along way and when we get there I was very disappointed and dissatisfied for the service they give. And we don't have wifi they keep giving us the access code but there is a problem through the entire building for that network connection. And there is no TV inside the room only in the living room and it was a small TV too.

What I liked the most was the prime location with an ocean view room. Very close to shops, amenities and most specially close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2018

Beachcomber experience
    • Studio with Ocean View

No access for trolleys and luggages making it difficult for guests to carry their bags towards the lifts.

It was very close to the beach, restaurants and bars

• Reviewed: 29 December 2018

Surfers is a great Location for a holiday. DO NOT STAY AT BEACHCOMBER
    • Budget Studio

What a heap of garbage... The "resort" is a disgrace. No pool towels. The room: Threadbare carpet No latch on the bathroom Rooms smell terrible. Holes in the curtains Furniture is falling apart Chairs rusted Lounge is filthy and dilapidated

Staff were courteous. Pool was great Location is very good.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2018

The first and the last time ever in this hotel.
    • Studio with Ocean View

Cockroaches in the bed and in the bathroom. The room door doesn't lock and can let the neighbor in. The door can be locked if someone is in, but if not, the neighbor from the same unit can access easily.

The view was nice. The bed was OK.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2018

Location & view were great
    • Studio with Ocean View

Only one bedside table. Two single beds pushed together. Beds on casters in tiled floor & no bedhead, meant you couldn’t sit in bed & read without the beds away. No room service. You have to put your rubbish in the car park bin. No mini bar. With so much accom available in the area I won’t be returning here.

Location & view were great

• Reviewed: 6 December 2018

Still had a great time but very disappointed with the old and tired room
    • Studio with Ocean View

two single beds put together,broken springs and ridges in the middle very uncomfortable wifi broke down twice Room was nothing like in the booking.com pics. Old cane furniture, stained, dirty and flaking paint all over the carpet Bathroom patched up with bits of plaster here and there from leaks. Definitely in need off some TLC

View and location were perfect

• Reviewed: 5 December 2018

Great view, great location
    • Budget Studio

. Bathroom was a bit dirty and the windows. Works were being done upbove or next to us two days in a row starting at 6:30am which was so annoying and a stupid time to start works/renovations. Also our fridge stopped working and we informed the front desk nothing had been done by the end of the day, informed them again and the lady said she had forgotten to pass that on.

The bed was great. Great view, great price Great last minute hotel and loved the view Great location and would love to stay again in another room with a beach view

• Reviewed: 4 December 2018

I was unable to stay as is apparently a common issue with...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

I was unable to stay as is apparently a common issue with people who book through means other than through the main front desk. There were no keys for me. Thankfully I had not paid any money yet.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

The room was very very dirty never stay there again
    • Budget Studio

When we checked in we were given the wrong keys to our room when we did get to the correct keys there was soiled linen from the other guests still on the floor and dirty plastic drink containers still in the room. To use the microwave we had to pull the fridge away from the wall to plug it in.

The view

• Reviewed: 27 November 2018

The room they put us in originally was dismal.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It was schoolies and the security wouldnt let us have any visitors up in our room. Im 40 yrs old ffs.

The room they put us in originally was dismal. I complained so they shifted us into a really nice one .55

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

Needs a lot of money spent.
    • Studio with Ocean View

Old dated , maintenance staff was good but desk staff un informative, houskeepers not reporting problems and leaving items from others in the room not to mention a broken bed.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

• Budget Studio

We couldnt check in til after 5 as the room wasnt clean (it still wasnt when we finally got there). There were no blankets anywhere and theres no phone in the room and no one on reception to ask. There is a number to call but its an outsourced company and I was told to just ‘complain about it tomorrow ‘. We paid alot of money for this room.... we expected Schoolies to be a massive problem but they weren’t the problem at all...

• Reviewed: 19 November 2018

Never ever will stay at beachcombers ever again! Not worth my 50cent
    • Budget Studio

The whole hotel was a disaster. Staff were very unwelcoming and were poor at communicating and directing. Room was very dirty, bathroom, toilet, carpet, couch, bed, cutlery, plates and everything else. Fridge was full of moulds and grimes. We ran to woollies and have disinfected the whole room. Yuck!! Two singles put together as a “double” sleepless nights! No room service or fresh towels even though we’ve stayed 6days. Which they didn’t mention on the website. Construction noises from above our room, gave us headaches and discomfort. Again wasn’t stated on the website that they’re running construction work. Photos on the website didn’t match the real hotel at all! We felt that we’ve been scammed. This hotel is known for such disasters... friends have warned me! NOW YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Never again! We have stayed at much better places before with much affordable prices and great services.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2018

Good location.
    • Budget Studio

The room was really unclean. The floors were filthy and the dishes were slimy and covered in food. The balcony door was broken. WiFi didn't allow me to work on my laptop.

Good location.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2018

Can't beat the location and staff were very friendly.
    • Budget Studio

Extremely dated and in need of renovation. Bathroom wear and tear was extreme. Utensils provided were extremely dirty/looked like they hadn't been cleaned properly. Cups smelt like cigarette smoke despite being a non smoking floor. Probably won't stay again.

Can't beat the location and staff were very friendly.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

I paid top dollar for an aircon apartment. When we questioned the hot air blowing through the lounge we were told ”the compressor was broken.” No other rooms available too bad so sad! Had I have been told in the 2 weeks between booking I would have booked elsewhere! I was disappointed as it was a special occasion and felt betrayed as management and staff were fully aware 🤬

• Reviewed: 11 November 2018

Location was awesome and really enjoyed all the local...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Room was not the best quality with rust and cracks. AC units were in operable so room was on the warm side with only ceiling fans to cool.

Location was awesome and really enjoyed all the local amenities

• Reviewed: 11 November 2018

The room was tacky and poorly presented.
    • Studio with Ocean View

The room was tacky and poorly presented. The list of things wrong in the room is extensive. We were advised when provided feedback about room 1101 to staff that they were aware it was an inferior room. We were still charged standard rate.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2018

A relaxing stay with amazing views and a short walk to the beach!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

No towel rail in the bathroom, so nowhere to hang towels to dry. Only one towel each for a 6 night stay was annoying especially when we couldn’t hang them to dry.

The views were amazing! Bed was very comfortable and the apartment was spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2018

30th Floor at Beachcomber.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

Bed was too big for the bedroom. A queen bed would have done. Insufficient /poor cutlery etc in kitchen. Net curtains in living room torn or missing.

Great location for beach, restaurant, shops. Great views from 30th floor apartment. Massive discount on apartment price. Allowed to park the car in secure car park even when arriving before 2pm check in time.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2018

Enjoyed my visit, fantastic lication
    • Budget Studio

The building needs cleaning outside.

Very good price for the location. The building is old but comfortable and clean. I will stay there again for sure 😀

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

It was good with respect to location and facilities in the apartment.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Ocean View

We have requested two room near to each other but management gave one room at level 12 while other at level 23. This created problem to communicate with our children.

Location and overall setup of property including facilities provided in kitchen and laundry in apartment.

The view was the only good thing
    • Studio with Ocean View

Lifts kept breaking down, our shower tap handles fell off, clump of hair in the shower. Room was very old & needed alot of TLC

The view was the only good thing

• Studio with Ocean View

Unit was very run down. Bathroom was not the cleanest. No body soap. The two beds pushed together came apart while using them. I think the cost should be less compared to the age and state of the unit.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

Not at all whathy the ads say
    • Studio with Ocean View

The staff did not much about the surroundings. The beds had a new meaning to spring bed,specially when the spring was hitting your back. Told it was a a king bed ended up being two single beds together. The base was on wheels so moved everytime you turned. Last persons underwear and cloths were in the drawers. Iron leaked water and board had stain.

The view and location. Free parking

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

Aircon was good, location was perfect close to trams, shops...
    • Budget Studio

We stayed for 4 nights 5 days and we were expected to use the same towel for the whole 4 nights(because they only change towels if you stay there for over a week) by the end of our stay our towels that we dried our clean body with smelt! The tv wasn’t working properly and the wifi kept stuffing up so we had to use our mobile data. Place could have been cleaner

Aircon was good, location was perfect close to trams, shops and the beach, spa and pool area was nice

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

Depressing
    • Studio with Ocean View

Everything.. The room was disgusting and nothing at all like pictured, and when taken up with staff we were met with rudeness.

The view was oK, and convenient.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

The views.
    • Studio with Ocean View

When we checked in the room we were given keys for hadn't been cleaned from previous guest, we were then moved to another one. No remote to watch the TV, asked for it to be delivered to the room a few times, it never arrived.

The views.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

We were unfortunate because the weather was awful for our...
    • Studio with Ocean View

We were unfortunate because the weather was awful for our entire stay at the Beachcomber, so this meant we had to spend the majority of our time indoors. In our studio apartment, we had 2 single chairs (no couch), 2 single beds pushed together and windows which looked like they had never been cleaned. The bathroom was even worse though, with black mould which looked like it had been painted over multiple times and an air vent which was so dirty that the room stayed moist for our entire stay. Even the amenities weren't better with tennis costing $10 to play (non-refundable), the spa had a thick layer of scum on the top, the swimming pool had an array of bug species floating and to top that off, the single shower to clean yourself of this gunk had a band-aid in the drain. The only redeeming factor of this hotel was the location.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Room provided all we required for our stay
    • Budget Studio

ATM was out of money, and I was required to give a $200 deposit, and then had no confirmation or certainly that the money would be returned to me by the bank. Lady at reception desk could have been more welcoming.

Good View, clean comfortable functional room

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse Beachcomber Resort - Official traveller photo gallery