Reviews of Brisbane Marriott Hotel 5 stars

515 Queen Street, Brisbane CBD, 4000 Brisbane, Australia

#51 of 148 hotels in Brisbane

The staff are friendly and helpful, the hotel is clean and...
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Having to drive my car from the main entrance to the back entrance. It made me 45 minutes late to my appointment. They should display the valet parking address as oppose to the address where you arrive but cannot stop your car not park. It was extremely disappointing and it ruined my arrival to the hotel and to the event I was attending in Brisbane that night

The staff are friendly and helpful, the hotel is clean and quiet

The staff were brilliant
    • King or Twin Room with City View (High Floor)

Pillows too soft & not being able to make tea/coffee in room or have mini bar. Breakfast buffet was ok but could use more variety.

The staff were brilliant

• King Room with River View

Hotel and the hotel room had a stinky smell to it! Breakfast was very average. Staff in the breakfast area very unfriendly. Just don’t think $400 a night was worth it! Hotel seems very old

A wonderful 5 star experience!
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access and River View

There were renovations being done & some facility closures that we weren’t told about when booking.

The service was excellent. Our requests were met with a smile and nothing was too difficult. We were offered free valet and as we’d hired a car, the concierge offered to return it as they had an affiliation with the car hire, so we could enjoy our day The executive lounge was amazing. A lovely area with lounges overlooking the storey bridge with complimentary food & drink. The rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The location was very central. I will definitely stay here again

Value for money
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Don’t like the refrigerators in the restaurant.

Loved the room deal with the price, breakfast, parking and wifi. Restaurant staff very attentive and reception excellent.

Exceptional.
    • King or Twin Room with City View

I love the look of the place and believe it is about to be refurbished. Am excited to see the new changes just hope they keep a little of the old world charm.

We’ve stayed here in the past and always had a lovely experience. The team of staff make you feel extra special every time. This was a last minute impromptu stay with the hubby as we got a kid free weekend at the last minute. Seriously can’t go wrong if you choose to stay here :)) great position too.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Nice stay, large bed and good view
    • King or Twin Room with City View

There was a stain on the doona I booked a quiet room but was placed in an adjoining room with guests next door. I called reception though and they immediately changed me to a quieter room.

The staff were very friendly and the room Service was very prompt with delivery

Staff
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Price could have been bit more competitive Wasn’t told bout construction when I booked Only heard the hammering on the Friday morning but would have been nice to know prior

Staff Comfort bed Close to city

Beautiful night with lovely service
    • King or Twin Room with City View (High Floor)

Beds were a little firm for my wife’s liking but ok by me.

The staff provided my wife and I (it was our wedding day/night) with a lovely gift that we didn’t expect which made our night even more special than we expected

Excellent stay nice quiet roomy clean rooms. We got the full buffet breakfast inc which was yummy.
    • King Room with River View

We found our king bed soft compared to ours at home. I was told we can request a firmer bed next time which we will now I know this.

We found the hotel brilliant for all our needs. Lovely staff, nice clean environment. Very easy to walk to main shopping streets. Great hot water flow in the shower.

We enjoyed our whole experience at the Marriot.
    • King Room with River View

Upstairs from our unit there was drill being used and banging early on Saturday morning which was not enjoyable at all to wake up to.

We enjoyed our whole experience at the Marriot. The staff were all really friendly and the room and view was amazing.

Lv the location
    • King Room with River View

Furnitures in restaurant ...the leather chairs need to be changed , its already torn and i hv never seen something like this in 5 stars hotel. And the quality bed mattrass in the room, need to be changed with the new one.

Lv the location

Rooms clean and concierges helpful
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Booked the all you can eat seafood buffet, after checking with the receptionist that bugs were included - even changed plane for dinner with friends so I could enjoy the buffet. Not impressed to find no bugs. Went to Eat Street instead - much the better option

Rooms clean and concierges helpful

The location is perfect, close to the CBD, the River and...
    • King or Twin Room with City View

I came out of the shower in the morning and their was no towels. Had to use the hand towel as The Maid had forgotten to leave any. Room service menu is a little limited.

The location is perfect, close to the CBD, the River and some great restaurants. The bar staff are very good.

• King or Twin Room with City View

Great hotel - friendly and very helpful staff, will definitely be staying there again this year as clean, comfy beds and quiet rooms. Highly recommend!

Bed and pulled wete comfy.
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Toilet did not flush had to turn the water on and off from the back of toilet on knees. Lighting in bathroom is a bit dated. Clean faclitiex but needs a facelift.

Bed and pulled wete comfy. Excellent location. Staff were extremely great. So happy we got upgraded which included the executive lounge inc breakfast Buffett and all hour access.

will be back.

stay was too short.

Cleanliness and fitness centre price of cocktails! location free bottled water kind staff in particular cleaner on the 16th floor. Great person.

No bathrobes, they did not make our room up each day, we...
    • King Room with River View

No bathrobes, they did not make our room up each day, we were not allowed on certain floors even though we were guests of the hotel for 4 nights. Room was also old and due for a makeover.

Great place to stay if needing the Valley end of Brisbane.
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Accessibility & location of front entrance when arriving by own vehicle. One way streets!

Large comfortable rooms, vibrant bar area. Breakfast offerings were standard for a good hotel.

Just rubbish
    • King or Twin Room with City View

No power and no hot water. A lot of unexplained noises, possibly associated with a total loss of power, didn’t help matters either.

Not having a heart attack after walking down the emergency stairs in the dark.

Fantastic, we will be back!
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Drinks were a bit pricey and moreso with room service, but really close to plenty of other great bars and restaurants.

We were given a room on the top floor the view was fantastic, the staff were lovely and the room was very clean. We had lunch and drinks at the bar, very attentive staff. Food was great and reasonably priced.

Clean, friendly staff.
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access

The club lounge canapés and drinks were not as good as in other hotels I have stayed and it has gone downhill from my last stay.

Clean, friendly staff.

Comfortable, stylish and incredibly amazing!
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Location - Central Brisbane on the river next to the stunning Eagle Street Pier. With only a ferry ride to Southbank or a quick Uber, Train to anywhere. The location of the Marriott is extremely central, park your car in the affordable secure parking and forget it for your stay. Property & Staff- You are welcomed by the formal entry - there are staff there with smiles and the building is impressive with a high quality decorative designed feel. The Restaurant and bar is on the ground floor and the cocktails are the best in Brisbane from my experience. The staff i found to be all very professional and approachable with the knowledge of the city and its surrounds to be impeccable. FREE WIFI!! The rooms are spacious with extremely comfortable beds, pillows and you cannot hear the next door room. Views are amazing whether it be city or river. I will be back.

Not my first visit here, I stay in hotels across the cbd on...
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Not my first visit here, I stay in hotels across the cbd on a very regular basis. I chose Marriott for a weekend with friends because of its location; close to James st, Eagle st, Southbank & Queens st, easy to get to, parking facilities, great room, bath, pleasant staff, breakfast is probably the best in the city!

The bed was very comfortable, and the customer service from...
    • King or Twin Room with City View

The bed was very comfortable, and the customer service from reception well exceeded my expectations. I had a wonderful stay and certainly recommend this hotel.

Missed my expectations.
    • King Room with River View

The drinks and food we had on Saturday afternoon were great and the staff excellent.

The bed and pillows not comfortable. The place just looked old and outdated.

Public areas lovely. Rooms very average.
    • King Room with River View

The rooms are quite ordinary in comparison. No milk. No mini bar in the room. No fluffy robes. Smelled a bit dank.

The restaurant, the staff are lovely. The foyer and public areas lovely

Refreshing
    • King or Twin Room with City View

The rooms are looking a little outdated. Same decor as our last trip 12yrs ago.

The complimentary champagne and snacks to acknowledge our wedding anniversary.

Good location close to CBD and restaurants.
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Bit slow to replenish at breakfast. Parking is hidden around the back, we were NOT advised of this prior to arrival and with one way streets it was difficult.

Good location close to CBD and restaurants.

very pleasant
    • King Room with River View

it was assumed we wanted the full buffet breakfast in dining room not given choice of breakfast options.

complementary bottle of bubbles and nibbles on check in and complementary water bottles each day

Room ok but disappointed with overall experience considering it's a 5star hotel.

Poor check in room wasn't ready and I paid for the room as I was arriving early morning after long flight. Had to wait 3 hours. Not happy.

Room and location

• King or Twin Room with City View

Our friend came and booked a room in the afternoon and got a beautiful river view for the price we paid. It was a special day for my other friends birthday so was sad the we did not get offered a nice room.

The staff especially Nissa were so lovely.

Very relaxing and within walking distance to many local facilities citycat, public transport etc
    • King Room with River View

Surprised at the black stains on downstairs beige lounge furniture in dining area.

Clean hotel room, Very comfortable beds, buffet breakfast, view of river, spa/pool facilities very friendly efficient courtesy of all staff (reception, restaurant, bar and cleaner of room).

Staff was amazingly helpful
    • King or Twin Room with City View

The dood and beverage service is too slow. We had to wait for 45 mins to have some coffee to the busineas center which is just 2 floors up

Staff was amazingly helpful

Comfy and Convenient!
    • King Room with River View

Great location and view. Our room had good Brisbane River views and the Marriott Hotel is located close to Fortitude Valley Mall, the northern end of the CBD and the beautiful Story Bridge. Everything from the fixtures and fittings to the bed linen was a high standard. Comfortable and clean!

Really nice and I would definitely recommend
    • King or Twin Room with City View

I was really disappointed with the in room dining menu. As a vegetarian my only few options were really only the house soup pizza or fries. All mains included meat! Saying that, I really loved the breakfast buffet offering. I liked the idea of ordering eggs your way instead of a conjested line up or having to scoop them out of a preprepared hot pot :)

I loved that every customer touch point was well presented, welcoming and high quality.

Disapointed
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Purposley booked for weekend wind-down using sauna facility only to find out that it wasn’t in operation for the whole of our duration there. No e-mail warnings or even a mention from staff when booking in, even though I had selected hotel using the booking.com filter to obtain best choice

Elegant hotel with a prime location, close to everything
    • King Room with River View

Parking is a little expensive but the staff at the valet parking are very helpful and friendly.

Great location, friendly staff, overall excellent hotel. We can be very picky and the Brisbane Marriot is a 10 out of 10.

A beautiful hotel in a lovely location with super friendly and helpful staff.
    • King Room with River View

The breakfast was lovely but all the little glasses of things were cumbersome to carry and felt wasteful (eg. little glass full of prunes when I only wanted 1 or 2, little glass full of berry compote to add to cereal when I only wanted a spoonful)

We were amazed at the consistent friendliness of all the staff. Everyone we came across greeted us and was a delight to deal with. A special note of thanks to the charming and helpful Lloyd at the Concierge desk.

Friendly staff, nice room with a river view.
    • King Room with River View

Fridge In my room was not cold. The wine I bought was not nice to drink. When I complained I was sent a bucket of ice.

Friendly staff, nice room with a river view. Comfy bed.

Generally disappointed
    • King or Twin Room with City View

I expected more for the price. The cleaner took the key out which resulted in our milk and food in the fridge having the be chucked out. Room was serviced daily however things were missed such as no tea bags supplied. Not a very good room service menu, the pool service menu should be offered in the rooms.

Bed were comfortable and room was clean

Positive, would stay again
    • King Room with River View

Breakfast options were huge but the pre prepared eggs weren’t my cup of tea and the wait staff although friendly and eager to help there were so many they would take the plate or mug as soon as it hit the table empty

Friendly staff, location, pool and gym

Extremely dissappointing :(
    • King Room with River View

The food in the restaurant was appalling for a seafood buffet! I wrote a complaint letter and never even got a response. The room was lit up by the air con remote on the wall with a blue light that shines in your eyes all night. Was not happy after two nights of no sleep. No mini bar in the room. Had to call for it and be charged for each delivery. Parking was extremely expensive at $55 per night we were charged for your car even though we didn't even take it out of valet :(

Bed was extremely comfortable, winning on this level.

Fantastic staycation
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Bit disappointed that there were no bathrobes or disposable toothbrushes provided.

Clean and spacious shower; bed and pillows were very comfy; loved that there were six pillows for two of us; cupboard for hanging clothes was large; handy to have a safe in the room to store valuables; toiletries provided in the bathroom smelled divine; buffet breakfast was excellent.

Great facility to stay in Brisbane
    • King or Twin Room with City View

The hotel didn't provide slippers until we requested it. For a long trip travellers like us, it was not convenient.

I like the hotel staff offered me a choice to store our luggages when we told them that we had a short trip to the Lady Elliot Island for a few days. And the small flight to the Island didn't afford big luggages. The concierge staff was super helpful.

A wonderful 42nd wedding anniversary experience
    • King Room with River View

The bed was a little saggy.

We were given a room with a wonderful view over the Storey Bridge, and whilst the room is a little dated it reached all our expectations. We also like the 'no mini bar' we could easily place our own things in the fridge. What made the stay so special was the wonderful way we were treated for our anniversary, we received a fruit platter and a bottle of bubbly in the late afternoon, and then in the restaurant we were given two glasses of bubbly and a beautiful dessert to share by the lovely young waiter, Tommy. The whole two night stay was delightful!

Daughter got Engaged
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access and River View

Executive Room tables were dirty and even with glass tops on tables u could see the food gross. I booked two rooms as my daughter got engaged NYE and I asked front counter lady to please leave bubbly 2 glasses n chocolates in their room as a surprise when we got back from Kookaburra Queen and the reception lady said leave it with me I will make sure it is done. Nothing was done! Our room air con barely worked and our daughters didn’t work at all and moved to a different room. 3 days later realised we had left some items in room and rung hotel and yes they were there but surprised as a member to not have received a call sooner?

Everything is very handy and all in walking distance

Room was ready despite us turning up at 7.
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Mad woman playing her own music loudly through her phone on table next to us at breakfast!

Room was ready despite us turning up at 7.30am, which after a 30 hour journey from London was a real bonus. Managed to get 4 hours sleep before exploring the city.

Practical and excellent location
    • King Room with River View

The room size was a little small and was not as fancy as what I had expected the Marriott to be. We had to wait in line for the buffet breakfast and then we had to wait further in the Library room as the space was very limited.

Bed and pillows were super comfy! Shower and toiletries provided were nice.

Absolutely Fabulous!
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access and River View

I think the seating in the dining area needs to be reviewed the tall bar tables and chairs take up to much room and some people where seated close to the foyer to dine.

we paid for the executive level, what a fantastic deal, plenty of food and drinks. Will definitely do that again

most enjoyable break, very relaxing and comfortable.
    • King or Twin Room with City View

breakfast was not that impressive, mostly due to the number of guests and the size of the eating area.

The overall professionalism and courtesy of the staff was exactly as I expected.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The property is tired and dated and is in dire need of a...
    • King or Twin Room with City View

The property is tired and dated and is in dire need of a refurb. The bed was uncomfortable and old and we could hear our neighbours using the bathroom and making tea so noise a a problem. The sauna was also out of order.

Friendly check in staff - Kathleen Counsel who was obliging...
    • Executive King or Twin Room with Club Lounge Access and River View

Dated room. Need refurbishment. Otherwise the room itself is comfortable and clean.

Friendly check in staff - Kathleen Counsel who was obliging when we arrived early and need to freshen up. She couldnt give us a room but let us use the gym bathroom. Anyway I got my room key just after I came down from the gym.

Will certainly return.
    • King or Twin Room with City View

The personal service provided by the hospitality manager (Michael) was second to none. All the staff were friendly and made an effort to make our stay very enjoyable. My son who travelled with me is returning in March next year with his girlfriend to attend a wedding. He will be staying at the Marriot.

Was a little disappointed that we couldn't book the...
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Was a little disappointed that we couldn't book the restaurant on the premises for dinner as it was very busy and no tables were available - granted we should've booked earlier.

Very happy with all the services offered.
    • King or Twin Room with City View (High Floor)

Hotel parking is very expensive, even if you are staying the night at the hotel it’s $50 per day. We had to park at another underground car park down the street and paid $30 for the night.

Bed was very comfy and room was very clean. Staff were all helpful and friendly.

We will not be returning.
    • King Room with River View

Light in hall would not turn off without disconnecting ALL the lights in the room. Bed Sheets were stiff as a board. Our booking had been canceled - we had booked a water view but had to settle for a city view instead. We had booked twin double beds but had to settle for a King size bed.

Luxuriously appointed suite, amazing and attentive 'Dome' spa staff, tasty food, comfortable bed.
    • Executive King Suite

Cannot think of one negative aspect.

After a prompt checkin process I required a few things for the room (spare roll away bed, bucket of ice, fruit platter) within a few minutes all of these items were delivered to the room. Very friendly staff who took the time to acknowledge and remember your name.

Toally not worthy of the price and branding
    • King Room with River View

Everything about Marriott Brisbane from location, friendliness of staff, hotel room view, state of property, quality of food, toilet amenities, air con temperature etc etc They discriminate non Caucasian patrons from Choice of beverages, speed and level of services, response time.

Our first visit to Brisbane for 20 years. Amazing, clean, friendly city. fabulous hotel. Will return
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Big room, v comfy bed, quiet, big bathroom, great pool and spa and sauna. V friendly staff Fantastic location, great river views, close to restaurants & river bank, close to Central station, 10 minute walk to Mall.

Just ok
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Hotel is very dated. No gift shop.. however location is good. If you go out the back door, cross the street and go down a very short block you are on the River walk - which is very nice.

breakfast was ok

We had a fabulous stay at the Marriott and would stay there again.,
    • King or Twin Room with City View (High Floor)

Annie was brilliant when we checked in she gave great advice. The men who assisted with taxis and bags were friendly and helpful. The beds were super soft. It was a great spot so close to the river and ferries.

City couple night away
    • King or Twin Room with City View

No robes in the room. Room Service drinks took a long time to come on both occasions! The hotel parking and getting to the concierge desk was a bit tricky, as the parking is actually the street behind.

The location and the buffet breakfast, coffee and great gym facilities for a hotel. The restaurant staff were fantastic. Happy, and service with a smile.

We enjoyed the comfort of our room, the general atmosphere of the hotel and our views of the river
    • King Room with River View

We found the air conditioning unsatisfactory because we couldn't adjust it. The room felt too warm. You had to remember to leave the card in the electricity slot, so the air-conditioner would stay on. Although the room was generally clean we were not pleased when our room hadn't been serviced by 5pm and when I rang to get tea making products no one from housekeeping came and provided it. An hour later I rang and complained and stated that our room hadn't been serviced and asked if they could do it when we went out. However, they arrived within a short time and not at the time requested. Also, the top shelf in the hanging cupboard was very dusty. My husband place his folded trousers up there and they were covered in dust when he took them down. Housekeeping was the only weakness of our stay.

We particularly liked the provision of a table and two chairs so we could sit and write etc. We also like the comfortable arm chair. It was very pleasant being able to sit next to the window and enjoy a cuppa while looking at the river

Very slow service and untrained staff.
    • King or Twin Room with City View (High Floor)

Very slow service and untrained staff. Restaurant furniture was dated and soiled. I felt dirty sitting in the chairs. Plates and cups were mismatched, stained and chipped.

Brilliant location on river

Nil

Brilliant location. Super staff. Great rooms: comfy, clean and plenty of space. Wonderful downstairs bar. Close to river and best seafood in Australia (next to Darwin). Ideally located to legal and business sector

Would stay again.
    • King or Twin Room with City View

The room could’ve been cleaned better as it looked like it was just wiped over quickly.

The customer service was great and the hotel was beautiful. The city view room was awesome!

Location,location,location

Didn’t stay long enough

Excellent facilities, fantastic location . Close to plenty of nice riverside bars and restaurants. It’s where the All Blacks stay when in Brisbane - what more can I say !

Average
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Cold water for showertwice reported it only average teabag offered supplied more for money at cheaper hotel we stayed in Canberra breaky more options for contineal than Marriott noteven upgraded to proper coffee pod machine Lighting average.

Bed good view room size

highly recommend this hotel.
    • King Room with River View

pool area could have been better.

I had a really great experience at this hotel thanks to Toby Petry at the front office or checkin counter. He ensured we got a room with a river and story bridge view. we were even surprised by the cheese platter he sent to us compliments for the hotel. the buffet breakfast was awesome with Santosh being so friendly and hospitable. great location, great staff, good rooms, amazing views, great beds. Love this hotel. and once again, thanks to Toby who made our stay really amazing.

very good lication,friendly staff and good breakfast !

the swimming pool

the location is just perfect and didnt hear the noise from outside the buliding,love the breakfast in this hotel too the staff is so helpful a lots smile make us feel good very well manner we will comeback sometime

Reception allowed us to check in early and our room had the...
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Reception allowed us to check in early and our room had the most amazing views of the bridge. My 2 children (age 3 & 9) were Delighted at their staycation and all the staff made them feel so welcome and special.

Fairly ok.
    • King or Twin Room with City View

Furniture a bit dated. The executive lounge was quite small and although nice - not up to standard with other executive lounges.

Staff were friendly, helpful and approachable. Check in was quick. The property was clean

Pleasant
    • King or Twin Room with City View

The breakfast buffet was poorly stocked. Constantly having to request items that should have been available.. tea was dreadful (poured from a large jug that had been standing - yuck!) Had to pay for a nice coffee,which at the Marriott you would have thought would be included. Walked away feeling very disappointed.

Overall our stay was nice but the hotel itself did not meet my expectations.
    • King Room with River View

The bed was a little uncomfortable and was a bit disappointed with breakfast. We paid for a buffet but did not realize we could ask them to cook an omelet. It would have been nice if the waitress informed us that we could request other food before being seated.

The hotel staff were exceptional. The young man who got our car was awesome.