Reviews of Novotel Brisbane 4.5 stars

200 Creek Street, Brisbane CBD, 4000 Brisbane, Australia

#70 of 148 hotels in Brisbane

5.2

For the purpose of my visit, the hotel was central and close to facilities. The purpose of the visit was for a workshop held in the hotel which made it very convenient.

The pool was completely ingested - seriously cold!

The stay was great, room was great, location fantastic, breakfast was nice, staff were lovely and helpful.

• Superior Room (3 guests)

Walking to the river was initially along a busy road with poor pavements.

Staff were very helpful e.g. getting internet access. Room very comfortable. Breakfast excellent.

• Superior Double Room with Balcony

The balcony was much smaller than anticipated and the bath/shower was too small to fit my partner comfortably.

Every staff member we spoke to was absolutely lovely! The bed was also very big and comfy.

• Superior Room (3 guests)

Beds were a little hard . The curtains in our room were CRAZY , whichever designer came up with white curtains with blood red splats on them as a good idea ???!!!!!

Staff were friendly and helpful . The included buffet breakfast was amazing . Rooms were clean and comfortable Location was excellent , so close to the Central train station.

• Superior Room (4 Guests)

The first thing we noticed was the pattern on the curtains and it looked like blood splatter all over them. Three ladies together noticed this straight away. How confusing it was to get to main entry as google maps takes you to the car park of the hotel

Location to get to shops

• Superior Twin Room

Sortage of staff, impacted my expereince as 1 staff member was absolutely run off his feet and he in turn was rude and quality wasnt as great. Cost of parking at as guest ridiculous

Loction was great

We had to move rooms as the TV didn't work and that caused us to waste a couple of hours finding the issue, packing and unpacking again and after moving to another room. It would have been nice to be upgraded for the inconvenience seeing as the hotel was far from full. Kids eat free with paying adults and I didn't realise until later so it would have been good to be advised when ordering to save me paying extra for the kids.

Traveling with a 7 and 12-year old, we look for things to occupy the kids. The Kids zone on the ground floor near the restaurants was fabulous and my children spent a lot of time there. We stayed over Easter and the hotel staff had organised an Easter egg hunt which my children loved. The children's meals were great quality.

• Superior Twin Room

I like tomatoes and mushrooms at breaky - neither on buffet. That said, at my request poached eggs were cooked and delivered to my table which I enjoyed:-)

The room was really clean and soft decor and furnishings both which I like in a hotel. The staff were all very friendly and it was a pleasant overnight stay.

• Superior Twin Room

Parking confusing and unfair to be made pay $30 for night on top of room fee.Room average for fee.Only view was to an office block. Friend stayed at same place and offered an upgrade on arrival 1/2 hr after I checked in and had only paid $152 for the night inc breakfast where as I paid $212 and had requested a high floor.Bed slumping to the right so felt like I was rolling to one side.

BREAKFAST WAS VERY NICE

A shower over a very outdated bath tub with minimal room, you wouldn't want to be a largish person.

The main living area was very clean and quite spacious, the bed was very comfortable and the noise from other rooms/foyer was minimal.

• Superior Twin Room

The water leaking through the shower screen onto the floor.

The room was great , the beds very comfy and great to have a bath. The ease of walking to the city centre, train and river.

Just a bit tricky to find if using GPS takes you pout the back out underneath main entrance

Renovated rooms with style. Lovely staff. Great sized pool.

Would have liked the rubbish in the booking to have clearly stated that parking would be a ripoff and NOT included in the expensive tariff. Joined our daughter for breakfast and no options explained but paid full breakfast $32 per person for awful eggs, greased sausage sliced, really really awful coffee machine.

Room great, Staff Great.

• Superior Twin Room

Meal overpriced (dinner) very small was told that's it and not replaced no room in restaurant and a very long wait even for (Accor members)

Quite and close to city

• Superior Twin Room

Movie packages prices kept stuffing up trying to charge double the amount for 24 hr period, staff told us WiFi was free as I have an accors card then at Check our told us wasn’t included as we booked through bookings and wanted us to pay for WiFi. The location is out of main areas eg food venues has to walk a distance to get to anywhere was a good location for food, cafes, or shopping.

Beds are soft

• Superior Room (3 guests)

Night Duty Restarant Manager. She argued and made excuses with the food order being late instead of finding a resolution.

Just an average hotel. We paid $249.00 per night and were told they ran out of coffee mugs, couldn't clean room on time, restaurant dinner service was okay, breakfast the same....just too many excuses.

The light coming in the room in the early hours needs heavy curtains that fit well. Coffee most 4 star Hotels give you a better one. Only one Teaspoon.

Room over all was good, Restaurant food was delicious and all staff were very polite and helpful.

We were waiting in front of breakfast restaurant for 5min. No one didn't ask us. I know they looked busy...

He suggested me about late check out when I was checking in. I was really happy!

breakfast buffet in restaurant was ordinary no flare at all also had to ask for spoons and table to be cleared.

good bed good bathroom shower bath digital on TV good staff all very pleasant cleaning staff very cheerful. Room service breakfast good and delivered by happy & bubbly person.

We didn’t ask beforehand but the availability of free onsite parking wasn’t mentioned to us when we checked in either. We were a little stressed trying to find parking and if we had known we wouldn’t have had to stress.

• Superior Twin Room

We kept having people come to the door (cleaners, bar staff and some other guest thinking it was their room). Also the eggs in the buffet were horrible and made us both feel nauseous later in the day. We avoided them the next buffet breakfast.

Location, staff and rooms were nice.

• Superior Room (4 Guests)

The room we had was near the lifts and was very noisy. The double beds were very soft and saggy. We didn't get a very good nights sleep and woke up with sore backs.

The location was great for attending Suncorp Stadium.

• Superior Twin Room

Confusing information re security depe do not like the practice of large institutions 'holding' monies on the credit card

Bed comfortable, dinner good, convenient location for our purpose

Parking not included

The location 2mins to train station to get to the Suncorp stadium to watch any sport..don't drink and drink, can drink at the bar and catch the train..

• Superior Twin Room

Coffee machines at breakfast are substandard. Worth ordering the espresso. 'Wagyu burger' was disappointing at the restaurant. The hotel is at the top of a hill - close to Central station but difficult to walk to, especially if mobility issues. Arrive by car if possible.

Very comfortable room and bed (I have a bad back and slept soundly). Buffet breakfast is high quality; cocktail bar good selection. Nice big swimming pool.

• Superior Twin Room

In house menu was very limited for vegetarians and too expensive. I ordered vege lasagne and for $29 was very disappointed. My daughter and I then ordered 2 icecreams at $7 each plus tray charge very very overpriced

Comfortable bed, quite location, friendly staff

The room was not the same as the photo given in our booking confirmation and looked a little tired The pillows on the bed were lumpy and need replacing

NA

Find it easy to book plus Good customer service of the staff & the comfort & cleanliness of the facility aside from the delicious breakfast we had in the hotel restaurant.

• Superior Twin Room

morning tea -not enough jam and cream at seminar afternoon tea-sausage rolls -frozen when served

high price for small brekky at coffee shop, staff not friendly

We went to use the sauna and that was pretty disgusting. There was a cockroach in the sauna and it wasn't cleaned and looked like no one had used it in a year which was really disappointing as we chose the Novotel based on the facilities such as the pool and sauna.

The room was gorgeous. Clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly.

• Superior Twin Room

Cannot say there was anything I didn't like in particular but if I had to mention something - I did notice that there was quite a bit of damage to walls (from baggage and general wear and tear) on our floor.

The overall experience was a pleasant one. Reception area was very welcoming

Bath and shower wasn't big enough and the water pressure was really bad. Needs a bigger fridge.

Staff were great. Room was clean, nice and quiet. Breakfast was amazing.

• Superior Twin Room

Staff in the bars and restaurants lacked training and some lacked English language skills to the extent a comprehensive formal complaint was made by us to the duty manager on the Friday morning of our stay. The Thursday evening bar attendant could not understand English and table wait staff continually delivered the incorrect food orders to tables. We found the beds were uncomfortable and for us, were the worst encountered over the past 3 years of domestic and international travel. Not good enough for the 5-star prices being charged.

Staff tried very hard and were friendly and accommodating

• Superior Twin Room

The bathroom smelt like old urine.The room was always too hot and we had to turn down the temperature every time we entered the room because when you remove your room card everything would reset itself. The tv was small and the remote didn't work properly. The pool looked smaller than the photos and it closes pretty early. The gym was tiny in size.

Bed was comfortable . Hotel is conveniently located right next to thrle station and only a short walk from the main strip of shopping and restaurants. Buffet breakfast was quite good. Food was restockrd quite regularly and the coffee machine at the breakfast buffet there made really good mocha

• Superior Twin Room

I put my credit card details on the form as requested and they still asked my guests to pay for breakfast etc after they’d debited my credit card.

Breakfast was great

Sadly on entry I saw the ironing board set up and the bathroom not finished being cleaned. I had to ring the front desk as housekeeping didn’t answer. More than one staff member should be on to manage those busy times. The airconditioning was stuffy and not cool The buffet breakfast was cold and lacked range. I would stay there again but wouldn’t have the buffet breaky

The bed was very comfy

There was not really a lot of signage in the kitchen at the buffet breakfast as to what you could order from the kitchen, Omelettes and poached eggs and things of the like which were available but we had no idea until our second breakfast when we asked upon entry of the restaurant. Also the Gluten free signage was a little lacking as well as my wife is Coeliac.

We went back there for our 10 year wedding anniversary as we originally had our wedding reception their. When they found that out they gave us a free room upgrade and complementary champagne. Was absolutely fantastic to see how they treat return customers.

• Superior Twin Room

Whole place needs a facelift. Poor workmanship evident throughout the building & looks 'tired'.

Bed was ok, although pillows too soft & unsupportive. Linen crisp & clean

• Superior Twin Room

Only thing was a small issue was the pool is one depth so could be an issue with smaller children. Some of the decking around pool needs attention as some boards were loose.

Super friendly staff, they were especially great with the children.

• Superior Twin Room

Room service was poor, we had to call 3 times to ask for our room to be cleaned. Facilties not up to standards and not clean. we actually found cockroach inside the gym.

• Superior Twin Room

I have sleep apnoea and require a Resmed. However I was unable to find an appropriate 3 pin plug so had to leave a light on all night which was most unsatisfactory. The breakfast was poor most dishes cold and bacon uncuttable. Most unlikely to stay with you again

The extra charges on the Booking ? $50.00 extra I was charged for our family that had 2 rooms . One car I might add. I would never stay here again as being charged an extra $50 is over the top for parking. If the Motel can not provide you with a car park without being charged is ridiculous.

Very comfortable , lovely breakfast .

Bed was far too soft. Also surprised hotel charged for wifi.

Hotel was very clean, staff efficient and friendly and good location. Very good breakfast.

• Superior Twin Room

Staff are extremely lacking in the service department. Unexplained money holdings - incompetent staff members who don't understand quality over quantity and who don't have the ability to pick up a phone. Something so simple that could've been fixed from one phone call took multiple calls over consecutive days on my behalf. Lots of "I'll transfer you to finance" "I'll transfer you back to customer service desk" "I'll put you on hold until a manager becomes available" kind of lines. Another down fall was that rooms face directly into oncoming buildings with no privacy for either building, so make sure you are willing to keep your curtains closed your whole stay.

Location is extremely convenient- breakfast is also nice. Rooms are decently sized and generally good value

• Superior Twin Room

The hallways were run down and tatty. We were not advised at any time about the car park charges which added another $25 per day in the weekend and $29 during the week.

The room was neat and tidy

• Superior Twin Room

the worst bathroom ever small over the bath shower very out of date The steepest car parparking price just a rip off cost more to park overnight than hire car for day misleading information regarding price

• Superior Twin Room

If I could pick anything,not that I went in it I would have liked the swimming pool to be bigger.Had a lot of people been in it,it would be very crowded.

The bed was very comfortable and the views were nice.

Parking was expensive. Would have been nice if that information was available on the booking page. We did however manage to get on street metered parking

• Superior Twin Room

The bed was exceptionally comfortable. We were very grateful to have the car parked for the day after our stay, to explore Brisbane. The breakfast was phenomenal! Absolutely loved the breakfast!!!!!

The staff at reception were quick efficient and very helpful. The rooms were clean and tidy and well furnished. The pillow selection was good and the mattresses very comfortable.

Found nothing to complain about!

Loved the location of the hotel. Close the train station and central district. Easy walking to Eagle st wharf. Quiet location, great beds

Most uncomfortable bed I have slept on. Pushing 2 single beds together, mattress was uneven sank in the middle. Could hear the people in next room. Parking was hard to get too. Would not stay here again. Because of the room.

Friendly Staff.

• Superior Twin Room

No one came out to help with bags or our car. Had to take suitcases up stairs into reception ourself, would have made the welcoming great if this was different. One of our beds was broken, missing feet from underneath making the bed tilt. After talking to reception they sent someone up to look (possibly didn't believe me) room service man was best person working there. Said the bed was buggered and because no extra rooms was going to replace the bed. No apology offered from manager. On a positive slept really well..

Buffet Breakfast was awesome. Also enjoyed the twin room with two double beds.

• Superior Twin Room

Bathroom, had some mould on the tiles is all.

Buffet breakfast was wonderful surprise. Bed was clean and comfy. Quiet rooms. Bar service was great, although a little expensive on some items. Staff were wonderful and most helpful. All in all, great place to stay. Excellent value for money, and central to everything.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Superior Twin Room

My husband and I booked a Queen Room and were given a room with 2 double beds which was a little disappointing, we were only staying overnight and got in late so we didn't ask for a change.

We got into the hotel at around 7:30pm in a rental car, thankfully the parking was easy. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had the buffet breakfast in the morning and it was quite tasty, with a large variety of food

• Superior Twin Room

When we arrived no room ready(asked for early check in) then the girl could only see 1 room instead of 2. So our party had to go to Gym toilets to change into our suits

I felt a little uncomfortable with the shower in the bath tub as it felt like I was slipping over when I turned around. The lounge was a touch small for 2 people to sit on comfortably.

The view from the room at night was amazing with all of the city lights shining. As we were only in the room for sleeping overnight it was a little hard to fault anything.

• Superior Twin Room

1. Expensive carpark and we had difficulty locating the right carpark. We had parked in the wrong secure carpark which would have cost us $70 a night. Fortunately, we checked with the hotel concierge and shifted the car.

1. The staff were friendly and helpful. 2. We had our dinner in the restaurant and the food was delicious. 3. The room was generally quite clean except for some minor stains in the bathtub. 4. The children loved the kids corner.

• Superior Twin Room

Obviously a problem with our booking when we arrived but not very well communicated. Were going to charge me again for the room and no real apology when realised it was there mistake.

Great selection for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Superior Twin Room

We were referred to smart tv for information. We are in our 60's. We couldn't work the lift with our card and had to ask other users. The menu for food was not clear and specials mentioned ended 3 to 4 days earlier. We asked about breakfast and weren't told about in room service so we missed the 2.30 cut off. Hard copies of menu would have helped. We ate out the whole time.

Location and cleanliness

shower in the bath....otherwise the bathroom was excellent, quite roomy

overall vibe, staff excellent, facilities spotless...we enjoyed a very pleasant stay

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Superior Double Room with Balcony

The fact that the parking cost 35$ a night when you already pay a fair amount for the room wasn't the best. Also the fact that you had to pay for the wifi.

• Executive King Suite

Having a 50% surcharge for dry cleaning at weekend was way too much.

Comfy beds nice view from room of the city not too far from airport and fairly close to city centre.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast buffet was a bit disappointing. Normally they are very good at Novotel but I thought the selection was a bit on the stingy side - no good cold meat, cheese, salmon selection really.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Quite a lot of dust in the room. We had to wipe down the bedside tables before going to bed.

The bed was really comfortable. Fantastic breakfast included in the price.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Superior Twin Room

No mention anywhere online about parking being $35 day. Should mention something like 'reasonable rates' so you know there will be charges No free wifi

Room was nice and clean. Large bathroom. Room was quiet despite being in the middle of the city. Service was very professional

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

My breakfast arrived in the room with the poached eggs so hard they were like rocks and an entire unripe avocado cut up on toast. I asked for 2 more eggs and they also arrived hard. I know it is difficult to keep eggs soft but other hotels manage it. Also charging for wifi is VERY POOR

The comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Décor a little confusing - looks like blood splatters on the curtains :(

Large room, lovely bathroom. Breakfast was very good. Great location - easy walk to Central train station and Brisbane city.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Great service especially allowing us in room early and organising airport transfer at a reasonable hour and price. Very friendly staff. Fabulous stayover

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Food options too expensive and not interesting enough. Weird access if pedestrian with steps bridges and creek street no lights to cross road.

Amazing staff. They g oout of their way - lending a phone recharge chord simple but appreciated., welcoming smiles and hellos etc... Great value deal I got online. Beautiful rooms.

• Superior Double Room with Balcony

1. The people next door were having a wild party, loud discussions were held about throwing furniture off the balcony. Smoke was blowing in from next door until after midnight. They were knocking on my door at 4am and trying my door handle, they had clearly forgotten which room them were in I was in 1409, they were in 1410. 2. The breakfast food was quite ordinary. The breakfast was crowded. the toaster took three turns to cook a piece of toast which was twice stolen by other guests. The quality of the coffee made by the coffee machine was appalling. The staff member taking names at the queue to get in for breakfast could be described in a kindly fashion as surly. In fact the accurate description was rude. No explanation of cost was a given, no greeting as made. He clearly did not want to be there. No one guided you to a table it was impossible to tell if tables wer occupied or abandoned, for the cost the breakfast was not in any wa value for money. Having to get a coffee made by the bar instead of being able to order it was to unimpressive. When they bar made the coffee it was bitter and far too strong, they need training in making coffee. 3. I'm travelling back to Brisbane in two weeks staying with my business partner, taking two rooms. We are not staying at the Novotel.

The presentation and the balcony

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

It was all good.

Bed extra comfy. Downstairs bar staff great. Young guy evening bar fantastic. Breakfast good. Like being able to make my cuppachino coffee. And as many as you want 👍 Lifts good.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

The pillows need plumping up a bit and an extra 2 pillows would have made a difference. At breakfast, neither coffee machine was working for quite some time, and we ended up buying our coffee from the bar. That coffe was a little😔.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Superior Room (3 guests)

the pillows, the reception staff (none smiled), beds two narrow, should all be queen sized, pool uninviting and boring, no bar facilities at pool or anyway to contact service, no ramps for people with prams, only the one near entrance but nothing else unless you wished to walk down road ramp,

The bar, car park being handy and good rate at the car park