Reviews of Sofitel Brisbane Central 5 stars

249 Turbot Street, Brisbane CBD, 4000 Brisbane, Australia

#38 of 148 hotels in Brisbane

5.5

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

I love this hotel. The location is everything. A block from the Brisbane Mall, right over Central Station, a short train ride to Southbank and an easy safe route to BEC. The hotel is sooo comfortable and feels just like home!!

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

I can't really complain as I was in a nicer suite than I booked by some maintenance to spruce up the bathroom shower would be a good idea. Just a bit old now but worked ok.

Very helpful staff. My initial room had abadjoining door to the room next door be I could hear a lot of noise from my neighbour. They moved me immediately no questions and I got upgraded to one of the club suites in the top floors. Staff chatty and remembered me which was nice when I went for breakfast etc Good food selection at breakfast Most comfortable bed I slept in my whole trip!

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Location above Central Station on line from Airport with Taxis available at Hotel

Above Central Station excellent breakfast room size adequate but if need more space update room preference.Didn’t have Club but that would be a good option

nothing everything good

breakfast buffet was excellent, the staff, cleanliness and the facilities from gym to swimming pools. The sauna facility was very good . The dinning was very impressive with the sea food varities. I will return.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Very poor sound proofing - room doors need some attention to stop the noisy closing - bed & pillows in my need replacing mattress has worn-out ..pillows no support.

Excellent location for the CBD of Brisbane City

• Junior King Suite

The service. I called to ask for early checkin as we were preparing for our wedding. We were advised to come in at 12 midday and then waited for 2 hours in the lobby with my elderly parents for the room to be available. When returning to the room after our wedding, we had to have the key recoded as it didn’t work in the lift.

The property was good

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

I cannot imagine internet Wifi speed is so slow... totally unacceptable considering this is international 5-star hotel.

Very clean w/ good facilities .. friendly staffs

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (3 Guests)

Yhere was a plumbing noise that went on for quite a while but too rire to do anything about ringing yp about it.

The fragrance on walking through the doors and the fresh look of the reception area.

• Luxury King Room with Sofitel Lounge Access (2 Guests)

pretty good all round really. Tiny issue with bathwater but not anything major.

The staff were friendly at all levels. The hotel was accommodating and flexible in meeting our needs. Room and bathroom were very clean which is a huge marker of quality for me. Bed large and comfy.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

There is nothing I didn’t like, the buffet room served fresh healthy meal choices to accommodate all dietary requirements

The service in the buffet room on Monday morning the 23.4.18 was excellent. Lovely environment delicious meal service happy pleasant welcoming staff Fresh and healthy choice of meals Really, really enjoyed it.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

Didn’t like how old the building was and the choices for room service weren’t that good or very expensive. Then got phone calls to join rewards club post stay.

Comfy beds

• Luxury King Room with City View (2 Guests)

Pillows were featherdown and I prefer latex. I found out later that there was a pillow menu I could have used.

Beautiful, great city view, sheer luxury !

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Our bed had a hollow spot, which made it quite uncomfortable. And my husband is a very tall man, so the bath was actually a little small and narrow for him. Other than that everything was excellent. And we were happy to stay even with these minor issues, purely because of the wonderful staff.

The staff were fantastic, extremely helpful and happy! Wonderful customer service from all staff. They really made our stay perfect. Thank you.

• Luxury King Room with City View (2 Guests)

The bathroom was a little tired

Pillows were great Desk was a good design Position of hotel was superb and the station architecture linked with hotel was inspirational

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

The view to the outside. but we don't mind it so much as it's just a short stay.

Everything is perfect and Sofitel upgraded our room to a Junior Suite!!

• Luxury King Room with City View (2 Guests)

The showers are dated and for the love of god can someone replace the drip strip on the edge of the shower doors - makes the bathroom look really dirty and it’s not!

The staff are the best at Sofitel. This is the second time we have stayed in one and each time they make you feel like you really matter!

Great location Good service

Thanks everyone was so helpful My wife has a medical condition and required a microwave to heat packs to help with pain One was is our room on arrival as requested + there was a wheelchair available to use which was so helpful Thanks so much for your help

• Luxury Room with King Bed and City View (3 Guests)

Car park fee

The cleaning of the lobby hallways bedrooms etc were very clean and it’s nice to walk into a motel and actually smell the freshness of the place and it’s also nice to turn on the shower or sink and have no bad odour. It’s also nice to have aircon that works properly

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

It would be nice if there was a complimentary bottle of water in each bedroom on arrival as Brisbane is hot!

Very comfy bed and room was much cleaner than on my last visit. Sad they have removed the smoked salmon from the breakfast and lunch/dinner buffets.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

The delay to get into the room. The hotel was fully booked and room wasn't ready for an hour

We loved the beds and the pillows Staff were very courteous

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Room service menu has great variety, arrived promptly and was fresh and delicious!! Very comfy rooms although the bed was a wee bit firm (personal preference though). Day spa is wonderful.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

We came for a work function and were disappointed that there was limited wine selection at the function. Also if you wanted to pay for spirits this was not an option, very disappointing. We had issues with our room keys and were finally told not to store them with our mobile phones, this information would have been better at the start of our stay to avoid lift and room issues.

The bed was very comfortable but the pillows were far too soft. The decor in the hotel was very nice and the staff were mostly very helpful.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (3 Guests)

There was rubbish under the tables when we got there, and the bathroom floor was dirty. The beds weren't made properly, though when the room was serviced it was done well.

The staff were fantastic. They were courteous and approachable and always eager to help and answer any questions. The location was terrific and easily accessible to what Brisbane has to offer.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Room service food poor. Cutlery station for waitress LITERALLY at my head during breakfast. On the back of the section of banquette I was sitting on. At my head. The noise!

Courteous staff. Wonderful pillows. Great position.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Ordered room service for breakfast & requested a certain time. When not received after waiting after requested time by 15 mins, phoned & advised staffing issues. A phone call earlier to advise breakfast later than requested would have been appreciated. When advised that it was on its way still another 10-15 mins.

• Luxury King Room with City View (2 Guests)

There were no vegan options available at all, however the kitchen was very flexible and turned out tasty variations to what was available on the menu.

The room was very quiet and comfortable. The restaurant was excellent.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Porter service too slow, wish I'd taken own bags to the room. $39 plus tax per person for breakfast with no continental option, seemed excessive We didn't find the location great as you couldn't easily walk to any bars or restaurants

Large bed and nice staff

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

Check in was a little confusing as the lady on the front counter could not find my booking and I was told my profile had been overridden by another person with a similar name?????apologies were provided.

A lovely weekend. Beds comfortable. Loved the bed turndown and goodies. Friendly staff. Lovely ambience.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

No person to help when I needed a taxi. Didn’t think food was up to standard in main restaurant although staff were very capable .

Liked the friendliness of the front desk staff on both occasions I stayed there! Excellent.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

Sofitel club is expensive. At least it’s optional but it is a good place to do your work.

Location, location, location. On top of a train station. Absolutely awesome. Could get anywhere quickly.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

Leaking taps in the bathroom. Coffee machine did not work properly. Did not think it met with the expectations from a 5 star hotel.

Comfortable bed and pillows.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (3 Guests)

Amazing stay!!! A special mention to josh at check in- he is just amazing and right from check in gave a wonderful atmosphere to the hotel!!! Also to Daniel at the bar!!! We are from the country and he had amazing attitude and service!!! Was great to made feel welcome and was great stay!!!! I would be extremely proud of the staff you have and how they they conduct themselves, and how they represent the business!!!

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

The whole experience was a disaster. I arrived after 2pm and room was not ready. Staff told me to wait in area and they would come and get me. More than an hour later I had to go and ask if room was ready. Once checked in I had to go back and get my luggage because no one brought it to my room. Then the next morning I realized they had charged me twice for the full amount of accommodation (about $3000) and over drawn my bank account. I could not do anything I planned and had to cancel the whole holiday. Staff were not very helpful or sorry. The second amount was refunded after 24hrs but when I cancelled my stay and went back home I had to call back the next week and request that I be refunded the amount for nights not stayed. Worst holiday ever and staff really not that interested in customer service. I wont be back as now I stay in apartments. The service is much better.

It was a terrible experience and I will not be back. There were no positives I'm afraid.

no compliants

the staff were welcoming and very helpful, breakfast was beautifully present, fresh and big variety sleeping in my bed was like sleeping on a cloud, refreshing night sleep. Location made accessing Brisbane very easy

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

I have no answer for this question.

Location, the lengths staff go to make your stay personal. The veiws cleanliness and comfort. The quality of food the presentation and service. Generally the personalisation that you receive.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

The cost of internet, the cost of food and drink

The hotel is located right over the central train station. If you are going to use the trains, this is a very convenient place to stay. The hotel has direct access to the central train station.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Staff knocking before 12 for both room service and mini bar to be done . Pool area height of building shuts out half the day for sunbaking and not enough room . Need to update showers not acceptable in a five star to have a shower in the bath these days .

The SPA and the that you could get off the train and the site right up the escalator

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (3 Guests)

There was no one there upon arrival to carry in our luggage. We stood waiting for a while & eventually brought them inside to the reception area ourselves. We thought this a bit poor!

Staff were friendly & helpfull. Good position. Breakfast plentiful.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (3 Guests)

The bathrooms are now looking a little dated; the Prive menu was far too limited and specialised; and $10.00 for a bottle of Evian is W-A-Y over the top. There's really nothing wrong with an Australian equivalent!

The supremely comfortable beds; the complete professionalism of the friendly staff; the Lanvin amenities; and the ideal location in the heart of Brisbane's CBD.

• Luxury King Room with City View (2 Guests)

As with all these international 5 star hotels, some of the prices are ridiculous. $7 dollars for a can of soft drink or packet of crips from the minibar, for example! Also, when tiny little motels offer free wifi, it is ridiculous to have to pay for a plan in this day and age.

Room was a good size, bed very comfortable. Ordered room service, food was promptly served and delicious. Staff were friendly. Pool area was very nice.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Front desk staff member Pru set the city break with great service and style that makes tte Sofitel brand special to us as a couple when we stay anywhere in the world

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

a couple extra pool lounges and biscuits for your coffee /tea in room

The accommodation was roomy and tasteful. fabulous bed. great position and loved the pool...

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

The short sheeting of the bed,the hour it took and two trips to reception to get an up to date room menu and cleanliness of dishes in the room after servicing

The coffee in the room was packet Nescafé gold- not the best quality for its star rating. Most 4-5 star hotels have mini pod machines or plunger.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

Explaining how the lift works, with the card system. Parking for customers should be free.

We didn't dine at the restaurant, it was booked out for new Years Eve. Beds very comfortable.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Foxtel it was mostly sports channels. Maybe have a variety not everyone likes sports.

The room was big and very comfortable bed. The staff at reception were excellent.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

The shower in our room was faulty. There was no water pressure the shower and the bath ran together at the same time and they would not shut off. I reported this problem which the previous occupants of the room should have reported so it could be repaired before we stayed. Engineering can't fix what they don't get told about peoples! Have a thought and report!

The Christmas lunch was AMAZING!!! The desserts presentation was art and high theatre all rolled into one. The band was lovely and everyone had a great time. I wanted to do it all again the very next day. I highly recommend Christmas lunch in the Le Grande Ballroom it was worth every cent of the arm and leg and first born child I paid for it!

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

The pillows were much too soft.

Quiet, clean, comfortable, lovely breakfast and a few minutes walk to nearby All Saints Church for wonderful Christmas Services.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Breakfast had a lot of choice but not as tasty as I would have liked.

Staff were very friendly-especially the housekeeping staff members. Room was spacious and clean.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Dinner (seafood smorgasboard) very ordinary.

Breakfast was very good. Gym small but functional. Dinner (smorgasboard) was very ordinary. Staff made the difference - great team.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Being ignored when placing a polite request for a macchiato x 2. Waited 10 mins and placed request again to leave 20 mins later without a morning coffee. Grrrr!

Good city location. Bar area has a pleasant vibe and staff there are efficient but somewhat random in their service. Some customers offered complimentary nibbles, others not even a coaster.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Luxury King Room with Sofitel Lounge Access (2 Guests)

We stayed for night and planned to eat in. We were to eat downstairs in the restaurant Thyme but stay clear if you want to hear yourself think. It has developed into a very noisy and average buffet. Prive however is quiet and reasonable. Both lack atmosphere and don’t use the opportunity of a higher floor as both are on the ground floor.

Great Club lounge and worth the extra for a club floor.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

Being charged the incorrect fee for lunch. However the matter was soon sorted out, the matter.

Beds comfortable. Staff attentive and polite. I had a couple of queries/questions and felt listened to, and helped with having our needs met, in a professional manner. Food was excellent.

• Luxury King Room with City View (2 Guests)

The price for the room was overly complimentary but most annoyingly I booked this for my parents for a special, rare night away. The only extra I wanted them to find was a bottle of bubbly, cheese and crackers in the room. I called 3 times. I emailed twice and was assured it was handled. Nope. From Melbourne I had to interrupt a meeting in Melbourne to call their room service in Brisbane to get it happening and of course it wasn’t a surprise by that stage. This is not what I expect from the top label hotel of the chain. A simple test, failed!

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Dress standard of some of the guests left a lot to be desired for a luxury hotel.

Management made us very welcome on our visit to celebrate a significant wedding anniversary.

• Luxury King Room with City View (2 Guests)

Room was dusty and towels had a long pubic hair on it. Check in, check out and waiting for our car was long and frustating. Won’t go back if I can help it.

• Junior King Suite

We have stayed at the Sofitel every time we have visited Brisbane, usually it is exceptional. On this occasion I really didn't appreciate being called twice on the day prior to my arrival. They had overbooked the room and expected me to justify why I should stay in the suite I had booked. It ruined our weekend. We were on edge wondering if they would be able to accommodate us and angry at the discourtesy we had received. There was no acknowledgement of the error at check-in. Certainly not what I expect from a 5* hotel.

Very comfortable beds, clean and tidy

• Luxury King Room with City View (2 Guests)

One thing that would be expected of a hotel of such calibre would be free unlimited wifi, particularly as majority of hotels now offer this.

Starting with the location; it was perfectly located in the centre of the city making it so easy to get around, with everything we wanted within walking distance. The hotel truly is luxurious, the room had a modern decor and the bed was incredibly comfortable! Loved the pillow menu. The staff at the Sofitel Brisbane are what made are stay truly exceptional. Every request wasn't just met, they exceed expectations, making it a very memorable weekend for myself and my fiancee. Will most definitely stay here again and choose to stay other hotels within the chain. Thank you for an amazing weekend.

• Junior King Suite

It is conveniently located over the Central Station but you can occasionally hear the rumbling of trains,

Lovely room, very well-equipped, comfortable bed and good service. It also has a nice outdoor pool.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (3 Guests)

Parking is very very expensive and for a 5 star hotel there is strangely no free wifi ....

Location Location Location Incredibly magnificent hotel Restaurants and eating options 5stars

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

The breakfast was ok but then we have been pampered with great breakfasts on cruises so maybe an unfair comparison.

Very attractive hotel, large rooms and very attentive and friendly staff. Super location. Just a short walk to city heart.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Room was huge but bathroom was tiny!

The staff were amazing and the buffet lunch on the Saturday was great (especially the desserts). Day Spa is also worth a visit.

• Luxury King Room with City View (2 Guests)

Service at breakfast was terrible, couldn't get anyone to take order for coffee, wait staff didn't once remove old plates or anything. Bacon tasted terrible? No turn down service at night and on check out reception couldn't even be friendly and didn't once ask how was your stay have a great day etc. atrocious customer service. Had valet parking and it took 30 mins to retrieve car despite it being relatively quiet. Very disappointing considering I have stayed at property numerous times for buisness and it has always been exceptional before.

Rooms very clean and well presented. Great location.

• Luxury King Room with City View (2 Guests)

Loved the breakfast and the Club lounge, pool was great but started raining all weekend so didn't get a chance to use spa and pool much but was great and overlooks city with great views. Stephanies spa a must visit, rasul room is a bliss. Book top level to access club lounge well worth the extra cost, excellent food, drinks and canapes, amazing views of the city. Pillow selection and amenities are excellent and room is very spacious. Love the Hermes amenities you get for been on top floor.

• Luxury Room with King Bed and City View (3 Guests)

The food at the bar and room service was extortionate - more expensive then high end Sydney restaurants. There was not so complimentary water for $9. The in room coffee maker was a nice thought but wasn't clean.

Hotel is beautiful, clean, and the staff lovely. The check out was later then usual. It's central to everything. The views from the rooms are stunning.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

The food, especially the buffet breakfast was over priced. $35 for continental and $39 for full buffet is pretty steep as far as I'm concerned.

The location was excellent. The staff were professional and helpful.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Very old fashioned /tired room fitout. Am Accor club member but did not book through that site. Requested a quiet location & was allocated club floor room overlooking a car park roof. Disappointing given hotel was not high occupancy during our stay

Location. Bar. Check in staff and concierge staff/bell desk all excellent

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

Bed was extra comfortable . Dinner in Restaurant was fabulous ,Staff are friendly and efficient. A trip to Stephanie's spa retreat is worthwhile . I certainly had a wonderful experience . I very much look forward to a return visit .

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

I didn't like that parking wasn't included and that neither booking.com or the hotel told me that before arrival. It was an additional $150 on top of the room. Had I known that I would have stayed elsewhere. Hidden costs should be a thing of the past.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

The restaurant was fully booked and we had to go to the buffet for dinner instead of the restaurant. 2 of the Lifts where broken down Sunday morning had to wait ages to go down to lobby.

• Luxury King Room with Sofitel Lounge Access (2 Guests)

Club Lounge access wasn't worth the money, when compared with other Club Lounges I have stayed at. Food selection in the evening was limited, if not poor in quality. Breakfast was not much better. Slow lift service, made for a major frustration during the stay. Internet access at $25 per day, seemed more in keeping with the 1990s decor of the hotel, than the standard of contemporary hotels.

The hotel is looking a little tired and dated in terms of its furniture fitting etc. Lifts are incredibly slow and can cause significant delays if you are staying on upper levels, as I was. As a hotel, it looks like it's never moved on from the 1990s. I wouldn't recommend staying here, as it is not value for money.

• Luxury King Room with City View (2 Guests)

Room needs renovation, rooom was cold when we first enter, no pen and paper to write, toilet tissue was only 1 or 2 ply not even 3 ply considering it's a 5 star hotel. Had to wait 20 minutes for valet parking as there was too many other cars

The lobby was open and spacious, lots of choices at the breakfast buffet and free coffee.

• Luxury King Room with City View (2 Guests)

We were disappointed that the windows had no way of opening, even a air vent to allow air flow. The room became very stuffy very quickly. As for heated pool...far from heated.

The free foxtel and coffee was good. And the bed was like sleeping on a cloud

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

Unfortunately, the bed was so soft, with hollows in the sleeping surface, that it was uncomfortable. Partner reported that the toilet near the foyer was not clean.

Staff were pleasant. There was a good selection of healthy, fresh food in the buffet restaurant to cater for people with concerns about additives and preservatives.

• Superior Room with Two Double Beds (2 Guests)

The service was pretty incredible. However, the smell of Floor 14 was smokey and gross. Luckily, they moved us to a better smelling floor. The beds and pillows were SOOOOO comfortable.

• Superior King Room (2 Guests)

Staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The city shops and entertainment were very close but rooms were very quiet. Luxious rooms and extremely comfortable beds. The restaurant buffet was outstanding both in price and exceptional food .... dessert bar was unbelievable! With breakfast included the price was very good value for money. We will certainly stay again and would recommend to others. An enjoyable experience.

Browse Sofitel Brisbane Central traveller photo gallery