Reviews of Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort 4.5 stars

122 Lake Street, 4870 Cairns, Australia

#36 of 73 hotels in Cairns

OK
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

We went down for a drink at the bar one evening, there were about 50 people waiting & only 2 staff on the bar. Of course we went elsewhere. Also we felt it very inconvenient . On each of the 2 days we were there we left the hotel about 8.30 am & each day we returned to our room about 2.30 and on each occasion our rooms hadn't been serviced. We are elderly 75 & 84 & were returning to our room to rest & we couldn't do this till much later in the afternoon!

Will not return
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Was.not that clean .overpriced. under construction which was not disclosed online. Noisy with jackhammers and construction equiment and crews. Hall's dirty. Carpet in room dirty and caused allergic reaction. Pillows in closet sorry pillow covers. Overpriced for this rubbish!

Staff efficient and pleasant.
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Rooms are small and bathrooms tiny. Low ceilings. Breakfast buffet could improve with the hot items.

Staff efficient and pleasant. Pool area great for families. Grass area with bar and bar food clean pleasant and quiet compared to the noise on the Main Street of cairns. Great for kids to run around while you enjoy a lounge and a cocktail.

Nice pool
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Noisy due to construction work and wasn’t informed if I had of know how much construction work was being done around the hotel I wouldn’t have booked there. Very disappointed!!

Nice pool

the staff were lovely and the location is great
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

for the price paid I feel the room needed to be more up to date - quite out-dated and considering the property is undergoing renovations the price of accommodation should reflect that.

the staff were lovely and the location is great

Would return if things improved on the areas i pointed out
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Breakfast very poor bacon burnt , sausage under cooked . Coffee beans burnt in machine coffee undrinkable, cornflakes stale , pastries dry overcooked ,

Pool clean and lovely , staff helpful, room bit out dated and needs upgrage , room 402 tv all fuzzy unable to watch . For room generally clean but very drabby.

The Reno’s are spoiling this hotel
    • Superior King Room with Pool View

The renovation work is really noisy The should either close down whilst these works are going on or really reduce the rates whilst this is happening The pool bar should be open from 10am

The pool

• Superior King Room with Pool View

said they were doing renovations but wasn't expecting to be demolition could not relax at all had to leave the property everyday we come there once a year they should be doing up the rooms with new mattresses etc than renovating the bar and function rooms

Great location, wxcellenr rooms and facilities. Would come back for sure!
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The beds and pillows were super comfy. The pool and pool area was lovely and so relaxing. Also, as I was on crutches just before I arrived, the staff changed my booking to a special access room and made my stay so much easier. Cant thank them enough!

Clean rooms friendly staff but for the money I expected a little more luxury. Ie a spa bath maybe
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

We booked for 2 adults and one child and when we got to the room there was only 2 of everything so had to ask for it to be bought up to the room Also the tv didn’t work properly the sound was broken and no information brochures of the facilities close by

The pool area was beautiful The restaurant was a little expensive especially with kids

Peaceful, relaxing and stress free.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

We like staying at Novotel Hotels because they are consistently good. This one in Cairns is centrally located which means you can walk everywhere. You have access to the boardwalk, new aquarium and a number of restaurants. The pool facilities are wonderful too.

Disappointed in Novotel it’s self but stay was fantastic.. Catching up with family and friends
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Don’t get me wrong, we love staying @ Novotel.. upon arrival it’s getting renovated.. must of missed email.. Jackhammering started just after lunch, sounded like right under our room.. not happy receptionist had a to bad so sad attitude.. my whole family stayed so between us we spent a bit of money over a 4 night stay. My daughter checked in not long after us, had her 4 month old in hands and was offered a room away from the noise. No body else was offered that.. cause we New we were staying there we got a no refundable room, so after we booked, Novotel took money and then sent an email to say it was being renovated.. Not happy.. Rooms and hallways are starting to show there age..

We love the beds, get a good night sleep.. location is fantastic close to everything that you can just park the car up for your stay and walk

Rip off!
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

I should have been told about the construction outside my window which meant I had to keep my doors closed at all times. My requests by staff for extra milk were ignored three times, I ended up going to the local shop to purchase. Price was too high for service provided and the facilities.

The girl that checked us it was very helpful, our booking...

The t.v made a terrible noise every time we changed the channel and the reception was terrible it kept cutting out.

The girl that checked us it was very helpful, our booking hadn’t come through and it was sorted out straight away. Nice view of the pool area also. Undercover parking was great.

Great location, lots of renovations
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

There was no bar to sit at night time. The breakfast was really poor The view outside our room was terrible

Tv did not work and the view outside our room was terrible

Nice
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Shower in the bath. Checked the website before booking and it showed a separate shower so unhappy to find it in the bath.

Great location, room was fine good bed.

Under Renovation, sort comfortable stay

Understand that renovation is underway but the lay out of hotel needs to be reviewed made it less enjoyable if staying with others.

Arrived earlier than 2pm but was able to get access to the rooms an hour early which was appreciated. The lay out of the Hotel is very strange , if staying with others as we were,it was a long walk between rooms. The hotel is under renovation so it was very noisy. We left early in the morning so we only experienced it for a few hours. The rooms are very old and need work done desperately but our stay was comfortable. The balcony is not user friendly but nice to be open the door for fresh air. The reason we chose the hotel was the pool and garden area that surrounds the hotel and we were not disappointed. It was the highlight of our stay, traveling with 2 young children, it gave us a feeling of being on a holiday. The pool area is wonderful space especially the beach like end , soft white sand made it feel like you were at the beach. Water was cool but kids enjoyed their swim. Floating mattress’s were a great addition. The pool bar and outside cafe was fantastic and the food was tasty. Look forward to seeing what the hotel looks like when completed. Would return if it is at the level of the outside area. I would not pay the price to stay there until completed.

The place is a little dated, but there’s renovations going...
    • Superior King Room with Pool View

The place is a little dated, but there’s renovations going on at the moment to which we weren’t notified before we arrived. There’s also a new hotel being built next door which over looks the pool and some of the rooms. There’s noise from 6.30!every morning bar Sunday but to be fair to the hotel , they offered us an upgrade or a 25% discount. I think once the renovations are done it’ll be a a lovely hotel. But at the moment it’s not a 4star hotel

Good location, friendly staff.
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Red stain on the curtain, shower head was more like a tap with a single stream rather than a rain effect. Our room was right next door to renovations at neighboring property so we were woken at 7am by jackhammers.

Lagoon pool was lovely, we were offered happy hour prices on drinks at the swim up bar due to the construction work noise. Breakfast was tasty. Great location. Staff are friendly with good service. The terrace outside the room would be lovely to sit at once renovations have stopped.

The breakfast was amazing - and enjoyed the fact that the...
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

I didnt like the speed of the water in the bathrooms and also that my head touched the shower head.

The breakfast was amazing - and enjoyed the fact that the rooms had great blankets as I am always really cold in air conditioning.

very nice
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

outdoor pool should be slightly heated in winter or have a spa as an option. room should have a 2 seater couch not a bulls..t cane seat.

meals by the pool

Underwhelming
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

There is no way I would give the hotel more than 3 1/2 stars on a really good day. The reception area had old cobwebs above it, our room smelt of mould, breakfast was average and the whole place looked tired. Whilst it was good value, I was mistaken in thinking that the 4 1/2 star rating meant that it would be well above average. The hotel emailed me a poorly worded, off topic survey so I emailed the manager and received what looked to be a generic, automated apology. Twice in a row now I have been disappointed with accommodation booked through Booking. com

A nice location
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Unfortunately our room wasn't ready when we checked in at 2pm and we had to wait. We also wanted to order room service that evening and we didn't have a menu in our room, so we had to wait awhile for staff to find a spare one so we could order. The next day we went to the pool and unfortunately there were so clean towels, so we had to wait awhile for them.

The beds were really comfortable and the pool was great!

I have travelled quite a bit and I thought the price and the services were as they should be.
    • Superior Room with Two Double Beds and Pool View

I would have liked chairs on the balcony to simply watch the activities in the pool. Also, I understand the hotel doesn’t want loud guests, but I couldn’t hear the tv with the door open. As we are Tasmanians we are accustomed to open doors to enjoy the cool evening breeze. The movie volume was loud enough, but tv channels weren’t.

The beds were comfortable, the bath was big enough and room service was good. We had dinner in the restaurant and because our drinks were a few minutes late we were given free ones. Breakfast was included and there was enough variety to cater to a variety of tastes. I made a mistake on my tour booking and the lady offered to fix it for me and print the receipt. I didn’t understand the booking process and wouldn’t have managed it on my own. The housekeeping was good, and regular.

Superb

The original room

We had an issue with the room initially and they went above and beyond to fix it and my girls love the free toys!!! They can’t wait to go back and get the monkeys!!!

Very pleasant. Pool area was lovely. Breakfast was very generous but unfortunately tasteless.
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Needs some maintenance. Blinking light, main corridor is like a 4wd track and would have appreciated a heads up about the renovations involving a jackhammer.

Central and good secure parking. Good value.

Location was great.

Rooms are very run down. Can’t see how this is a 4 1/2 Star

Location was great. The Mexican feast night was awesome and the included breakfast was really good

Beautiful pool area
    • Superior King Room with Pool View

Keep in mind that the hotel is being renovated at the moment and some of the rooms are quite dated.

I had a room with a view of the pool, and it was very nice to relax out there however some balcony furniture is needed. There was a singer with guitar one night and she was amazing, created a great atmosphere.

The room we were allocated should not be available during construction work next door
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

The room was next door to a construction site. It wS so close that we could not see the sky and could hear the workmen talking clearly.

The room was adequate and clean.

Definitely great value for money and central to the city which makes sightseeing.
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

We booked for 3 people to stay for 2 nights. We only received 2 towels and the housekeeping did not enter our room throughout the 2 days. Therefore i had to seek the housekeeping and request additional towels. The wifi was also not working in the room and i called the reception and had to follow this up again the following day. It was eventually fixed, as the wifi is operated by an external company.

The pool facilities were great for our 3yr old. Lots of room for people to share without being ontop of each other and the swim up bar was handy as you could charge it back to your room so no need to carry money. We requested a late checkout due to our flight home being at night, staff were very happy to accommodate this request.

When I booked through booking.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

When I booked through booking.com I mentioned it was my partners birthday.. and I got a response that the hotel was going to do something for him.. but once I got there, there was nothing.. I was very disappointed

Dont judge a book by the cover... nice to look at but inside is different.
    • Superior Room with 2 Double Beds with Pool View

As we had a 7 year old staying with us we went to our room early as it had been a big day. At about 9.30pm we got a phone call from reception saying there had been a complaint that we were smoking on the balcony. Firstly we were not smoking on the balcony, when I told the lady this she told me it is a non smoking place and that we were not allowed to. As I repeated that we were not smoking at all and that we had a 7 year old asleep she went on to tell me that there had been a complaint about this. Again I told her that we were not smoking and she just said that we had to stop. (WHAT???) Secondly the air conditioner in the room did not appear to be working very well. I know everyone is thinking its winter why do you need it, well the hotel decided that it was ok to let someone have a 40th birthday party the same night down by the pool and it was loud and went very late. So we had to close the door to sleep and there were no screens on the door. So it was an uncomfortable hot night. Prior to booking like most people i did a little looking around for prices. They were advertising on both booking.com and on their own site the price for $154.00 per room for 2 adults and 2 children (we only ended up taking 1). I was a bit confused as with the pictures i could not see how we would fit. So I rang the hotel in case i was missing something. I was told we would not fit (young children) and they were not sure why their website was showing we would. I asked since it was advertised if they would meet the price and I was informed no. Very misleading so I ended up booking the upgraded room for more money. The TV in our room made a horrible sound every time you changed the channel, it was loud and as there was a party on downstairs we decided to watch it and had to give this up as well as every time we changed channels the young one would wake up it was that loud. Seriously I know this doesn't seem like much but its the little things that matter.

Location was great as we were visiting the aquarium next door and central to the esplanade to walk to with a 7 year old. Breakfast was nice with the exception of burnt coffee, however found that all tables were dirty and had to wait for awhile prior to able to find a seat. In fact had to go looking and ask for tables to be cleaned after 15 minutes of waiting. Nice looking hotel and pool area great for kids.

Friendly service, clean and tidy but not worth the price we were charged.
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Rooms very old and need renovating. Grout and silicone in bathroom sealant deteriorated, cracks appearing everywhere. No facilities to wash clothing, no water in fridge, no microwave or power points to make a cup of tea, had to boil kettle in the bathroom. Construction next door kept waking us up at 0600am every morning also on Saturday. So if you do stay here make sure you get a room on the other side of the building or just wait until construction next door is completed. Air-conditioning too cold in the dining area so our food was cold by the time we sat down.

Great location and friendly staff that were very helpful.

Okay
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Lobby was modern and rooms were old. No usb charging ports. Rooms had bugs due to the way the hotel is set up. Overall liveable.

I didn't get a chance to use the facilities but I hear they were nice.

Great place to stay pool fantastic would stay there again
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The dining room didn't open till 6pm which was ashame as we had a long day and would have liked to eaten earlyer

Loved the location and breakfast was great our bed was super comfrey and service

The hotel is being upgraded. Needed.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Just disappointed in the room although everything was there. Balcony miniature.

Position, great. Grounds and pool, great Room....hmmm ok. Bed, super comfy though.

Too short. It was sad to go home.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The food could have had a bit more of a tropical menu and asian flair considering the location. However there were plenty of places to choose locally to eat just a doorstep away.

It was a great location central to the CBD. On an international scale of 5 star hotels it doesn't compete. However staff are helpful and friendly and there was everything there that i needed. Would I stay again for business. Yes.

Well situated to the waterfront and Cairns city,
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

For $1000 a week, the room 668 is very tired and situated next to the construction site which start work at 6am! Aircon is noisy. TV channels have poor reception and makes a terrible noise when changing channels.

Staff service the rooms very well. Staff service in the restaurant and pool area was friendly. Pool facilities and bbq are great.

Comfortable beds.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Theft in paid for parking (no video footage, staff who didn’t seem to care). Nothing in the mini bar. There is a nightclub nearby (noisy Fri n Sat night). Construction work at 8am, staff didn’t care. Smelly hallways.

Comfortable beds. Free use of towels. It has a pool (not heated). 5min walk to food outlets.

Hotel is a bit dated and in need of an upgrade to general...
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Rooms and general areas are outdated

Hotel is a bit dated and in need of an upgrade to general areas but overall a comfortable room in a good location.

Everything is in walking distance in the city.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

My room was next to a construction site so i had to keep the blinds closed at all times and i woke up early in the morning to loud bangs next door. I requested a room with a view to the pool so i was dissapointed to have no view at all.and the tv was extremely loud when switching channels and there was no way to turn it down, hopefully the room next to me couldnt hear but i highly suspect they would be able too.

Everything is in walking distance in the city. The breakfast was fantastic. The pool is incredible.

Fine for a short stay, good location
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

The room was pretty tired, in need of a facelift. Clean enough but not as good as it could be.

Lovely grounds and shared facilities - pool, relaxing areas, restaurant etc. Comfy beds!

• Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

There was no spa. And there was a lot of construction and noise which we were not warned about. Very hard to sleep in or relax.

The location was close to the esplanade.

Great place to stay in the city center
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Rooms look old. They could have some renovation to get a modern decoration. Sometimes wifi doesn't work well. At breakfast, it would be wonderful a information about what is suitable for vegans.

Excellent hotel, beautiful pool area, great breakfast, comfortable bed. Location is pretty good, walk distance from city center and many restaurants and shops. A great option to stay in Cairns.

Staff were friendly and the location is great.
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Very uncomfortable beds and pillows in our room and smokers sitting out on their balconies made the time in our room less enjoyable.

Staff were friendly and the location is great.

Did not like the hotel at all.
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

The hotel is very old and run down. It is not 4.5 stars...more like 3 stars. The sheets had pills on them. Bathroom had cracked tiles & rooms not maintained.

Nice pool and outdoor area. Good location & friendly staff.

Brilliant and will return one day.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Nothing all was Brilliant.

Staff were very obliging and helpful.The Hotel was first class and restaurant was great.Easy to access in the Hotel and not far from C B D of Cairns also Casino and Restaurants down by the water.All in walking distance.

Our 8 night stay at Novotel was wonderful.
    • Superior King Room with Pool View

Our 8 night stay at Novotel was wonderful. Staff were pleasant. Location was perfect close to hub of Cairns. Our rooms were serviced every day and bed comphy. Pool was also fantastic. Would highly recommend this place.

Great location, nice pool, lovely looking restaurant and spacious rooms. Would stay again.
    • Superior King Room with Pool View

Staff attitude about pillowcase and check in receptionist obviously couldn't fix our missing booking.

The room was well appointed but pillowcases had not been changed from previous guest. Our booking was not located on their PMS and had to wait 10 minutes before someone in the back office rang to say to allocate a room. The hotel was well located and within walking distance of all things we needed. We did not eat at the hotel, only had coffeee by the pool which was a lovely spot to sit.

Location was great
    • Superior King Room with Pool View

Our stay was all round good. It was mainly work ad stayed on a few days to catch up with friends - so did not spend much time at the hotel more comfy seating around bar area would have been a bonus, but I am sure this will come with the forthcoming renovations, right :-)

Location was great staff were helpful and friendly looking forward to the forthcoming refurbishments etc

Fantastic stay, great location and loved the pool area!
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

The poolside bar could have been open until 8pm opposed to 6pm as we were quite often getting back late from sports stadium and the kids wanted to swim and with no cold drinks with us it would have been great to have a drink poolside while they swam.

The bed was the most comfy I had ever slept in!!! The pool area was fabulous along with the towels readily available

3.5 stars
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Breakfast $30 each In need of many repairs place looking aged especially pool pebblecoat and sunbaking loungers and tiling repairs. Front driveway 22 yrs + old needs steamcleaning but nice tropical resort.

In the CBD

Overall it was ok would prefer a different room next stay . The pool/bar area was the highlight
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Pillows could have been more comfortable Carpet had a damp smell and was mouldy in corners TV was noisy when changing channels

The pool area is great Staff were helpful and friendly Great location

The pool area was fantastic, location was great.
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Bathrooms very dated, loose pavers & worn surfaces around the hotel. Expensive motel considering age & decor.

The pool area was fantastic, location was great.

Incredibly comfortable bed!
    • Superior King Room with Pool View

Incredibly comfortable bed!! The room was really comfortable and the buffet breakfast was absolutely delicious. The pool was definitely the highlight!

Short stay, good location for my purpose, well appointed, good value for money
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

King bed consisted of two singles joined together, which I recognise is par for the course these days, but hardness of the two beds was like chalk an cheese, one soft to the extent of being marshmallow, the other very hard.....not great, but slept well as tired after traveling

Was a late check in (after 11pm)....handled very efficiently and quickly, able to get to room and relax ahead of an early start and busy day ahead.

Location is excellent.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Tv reception in the rooms could be improved a lot

Location is excellent. The pool area and other hotel facilities were also great. The hotel was great value for money.

Very comfortable bed, great buffet breakfast, absolutely...

No free wifi :(

Very comfortable bed, great buffet breakfast, absolutely WONDERFUL and friendly, helpful staff. Love the pool and swim up bar, cocktails were amazing!

Never Again !!!!
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The Building is old Air conditioner makes a nose like a diesel train The buffet is awful - had breaky outside Customer service - is unknown to the staff No water provided - not even in the bar fridge Parking your rental cost extra - wasn't advised

Property is close to the Esplanade area 5 min walk.

Good value.
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Beds were a bit too soft. Water pressure reduces significantly when hot water is turned higher.

Great staff, very accomodating. Walking distance to most sights. Good brekky (esp. Sausages)

The pool was very nice, the property was clean and the room...
    • Superior Room with 2 Double Beds with Pool View

The TV didn't work, but they comped breakfast as a result, so that was fine.

The pool was very nice, the property was clean and the room was comfortable.

Great location, breakfast buffet & clean pool. Bathroom & mould smell spoilt our stay.
    • Superior Room with 2 Double Beds with Pool View

Entering the room, it stunk of mould. Reception arranged a de-humidifier to run whilst we were out of our room for 10 hours. Smell improved slightly. Was told it was the humidity, but due to mould in bathroom grout(black) & the intensity of smell, we felt that water was leaking under the tiles. Bathroom had a few large black mould patches on grout & was old & tired. Towels for only 2 provided on 1st day & only fresh hand towels provided 24 hours before checkout. 2 double beds left very little space in the room. Swimming pool tiles grout had washed away - needs maintenance. Bar fridge - no freezer for ice.

The beds were wonderful & crisp linen to. Our 9yo Grandson loved the 1 button make your own fresh pancakes. Breakfast spread was amazing. Reception staff, tourist desk, restaurant reception & staff - couldn't fault them. Helpful & friendly. Toiletries were great - no skin irritations.

Terrible
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

*Buffet breakfast was poor quality with cold food. There was limited options. The staff were more interested in talking to each other than serving guests. Staff were banging cutlery also providing a poor atmosphere. * The pool was lovely. Unfortunately no time is given to clean pool chairs and deck. There was food on tables for over 2 hours swarming with flies. They obviously allow non guests in the pool as it was teaming with locals who blocked the path to get out. The food from pool bar was cold, expensive and poor quality. We saw a group of 8 locals come in swim and steal towels. Apparently as they discussed loudly a regular thing to do. * The room is outdated. The TV could not change channels without making a large sound. I am sure the room next door could hear and even on mute it could still be heard. The rooms were not quiet, conversations by other guests could be heard. *Party location. There were many loud and late night arrivals on our floor as guests obviously arrived back from a big night out. There was swearing and heckling into the early hours. *Staff. Only one staff member on reception was welcoming and friendly. The rest seemed inconvienced by guests. They were rude, abrupt and not at the standard you would expect from a Novotel. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. Cairns has a multitude of places to stay.

Location Pool

Good location, cold ac everything worked fine
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

Place was quiet and a bit plain, I didn’t really feel as if I was staying at a hotel more of a motel but everything was average

Good location, cold ac everything worked fine

• Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

The Fridge was hot being enclosed in a cupboard. Hairs in the bedding. Crap TV, couldn't get all channels. Dangerous step into the bathroom. Housekeeping knocked on the door twice, not giving my partner time to get dressed and barged in on her half naked. Carpets in hallways leading from reception were dangerous, a falls hazard.Very disappointing.

Great location friendly and helpful staff.Over all a great Resort!
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

The bathroom was a little small and a bit out dated.

We arrived early very tired from travelling the hotel put us up temporarily in a room for that day only to be upgraded to another room the next day!The swim up bar and the logoon was very nice. The bed was comfy the staff friendly.It was great!

Good location, good breakfast, good staff.
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

At one day night, some strengers are very noisy.

I like the breakfast they provide and it will have some different foods every day, I like the swimming pool as well, it's great!

staff very helpful, massage lady great, bed large and...
    • Superior King Room with Pool View

shower over the bath and the water pressure was not good and was very small. food selection from bar menu not great

staff very helpful, massage lady great, bed large and comfortable,

The breakfast is amazing, the accomodation is great and the...
    • Standard Room with 1 Kingsize Bed

I hate two singles being joined together. Makes it very uncomfortable and definitely not intimate and comfortable Might as well have two seperate single beds.

The breakfast is amazing, the accomodation is great and the location is superb. Fantastic price for the quality. Always stay there when I come to cairns

Great place to stay....except for the bats☹
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Bat poo all over....and even on my car which I parked in the open and not under the trees.. .I should have paid the $9 for parking, cheaper than $15 for the carwash.

Very yummy breakfast buffet

Great 👍🏼
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The view, all we saw was the scaffolding of a construction site but that didn’t matter to us much.

The beds were extra comfortable. Great location especially for those people clubbing. Breakfast buffet was great as always. Very clean, good service even in the early mornings and the pool was lovely.

Comfortable bed
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

We got locked out on the balcony for over an hour, the door lock was faulty and locked behind us; we had to yell out to people passing by to phone the hotel to advise we were stranded.

Comfortable bed

Really good
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

Size of the bed small for a tall person and the bats close to the hotel you can see them frim your window but the satff was really nice and changr me to another bedroom! That was amazing!!!

The location,customer service, swimming pool

The accommodation itself we had no fault with - it was the surroundings
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

The location of the room. Unfortunately we were right next to the building site and obviously the workers couldn't make noise until 7am but as soon as it hit 7 they started! And then there's the bats.....

The size and space of the room was excellent. The TV was great. The bed set up was great. Bathroom was really good. Loved the pool and surrounds and the grounds.

I will use your facilities the next time I am staying overnight in Cairns.
    • Standard Room with 2 Double Beds

I forgot my personal shampoo bottle and left it in the bathroom. Any chance of getting it back? Bed was comfortable, room was as expected. Staff helpful and cheerful. We didn't have time for breakfast so I cannot comment. Room service meal was excellent except for the chips. They were soggy.

Browse Novotel Cairns Oasis Resort traveller photo gallery