Reviews of Atura Dandenong 4.5 stars

1 Doveton Avenue, 3177 Dandenong, Australia

• Deluxe Suite

damp room with leaky walls letting water in

Lots of leaks when it rained coming down the wall in three or more places including down behind the TV and all the electrical cables there

• Deluxe Room

room is so small bathroom has no exaust fan and not even a window .steams up .which will set of alarm . its basically a little square box. with poor out of date tv.

As above

Well, it was my second time there and I had two issues. 1.Wifi wasn't working on my first visit and I reported that as I check out the following day but nothing was done about it though. 2. On my second visit I booked for deluxe double bed instead I got a room with two single beds and wifi wasn't working but it was fixed as I check out by a staff member who was processing my exit, otherwise everything else was fine.

• Deluxe Room

Only complaint TV was very basic needs updating! Bar fridge a little noisy but that’s being really picky

Clean friendly service with great room and great bed!

The breakfast was not enjoyable. The room was not cleaned to a 4star standard

The night staff receptionist on the 4th May, 2018, far surpassed any expectations I have ever expected from anyone in the hospitality business

• Deluxe Room

It was a shame that I could not sample your food as the restaurant had stopped cooking by the time I arrived. I had a late flight and not much offered on board. I should have thought to grab something at the airport. Other than that all was good.

Clean and comfortable

• Deluxe Room

Again only one chair for inroom dining. A large three corner tear in the carpet that hadn’t been trimmed. Women’s heels could easily get caught in the tear causing a trip or fall.

Close to where we needed to be.

• Deluxe Room

The aircon was not cold and the diagram to use it was not clear. Also if i were staying longer I would prefer the TV to be bigger in size and have access to foxtel. For the price of the room i would have thought this would have been included.

Nice modern room with trendy decor. Had everything we needed for a short stay. Bed was on the smaller side but on the whole very well laid out room. Having a shower and a bath was a big plus.

No room service?!?

Breakfast was delicious, the chef cooked my poached eggs to order and they were brilliant on fresh toast! Bed was comfy and I slept great!

• Deluxe Room

The price of the drinks in the adjoining bar are a little over the top and the pricing of the mini bar items are ridiculous when you have Woolworths right across the road and adjoining restaurants and service stations charging much less for these items.

Staff very friendly and accommodating and the rooms are very comfortable

• Deluxe Room

great quirky place , friendly staff , big nice room and really good value dinner that i bought at restaurant and took back to room , overall fabulous

• Deluxe Room

shower head, but we are not waterwise when it comes to our showers

breakfast was great, if you couldn't satisfy yourself you must be a difficult person to deal with, as we wittnessed at our stay

• Deluxe Twin Room

The loud music in the Breakfast area

Just loved our stay here. It came as an pleasant surprise to us both . Location was great, enjoyed Breakfast as well. Only Comment I have that the Music played in the Breakfast area is to loud for so early in morning for us , Try a more relaxed type music

• Deluxe Room

Was initially overcharged, clearly their system which take details from booking.com doesn’t work with their internal system. As a regular and frequent user of Booking.com I found this unusual and disappointing.

Very comfortable beds, clean room, funky-modern design.

• Deluxe Room

Only issue I had was there was a very limited selection of in-room dining.

Room was very clean and well equipped. The whole experience was enhanced by how well the room was furnished and presented. Not the most luxurious, however for the price you pay you get a very comfortable, cozy and inviting room that is very well maintained. The location of the hotel is optimal with dining and shopping down the princess hwy in either direction. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be returning.

• Deluxe Room

The restaurant should have been opened in what was a busy weekend . If you close a facility that you offer online with booking .com you should let customers know.

Disappointed - to celebrate a special occasion we chose Atura hoping to use the dining facilities both on site and at the craft brewery on site - Imagine our total disappointment when we found that the facilities were closed - No mention Online when we booked of this. Ruined what was to be a special weekend .

• Deluxe Room

Friendly and helpful staff. Quiet location. King bed very comfortable; breakfast offered so we didn’t have to go out especially during Christmas when most restaurants were closed.

• Deluxe Suite

The fridge had to much ice build up, so the door couldn't close. There was a metal peice coming out the bottom of the couch which I stubbed my toe on.

The bathroom was nice. The couch was comfy.

• Deluxe Twin Room

They don’t hold your Credit Card, instead they withdrew $200 out of my MasterCard immediately!!! It is STILL NOT BACKBIN MY ACCOUNT. The kitchen was closed by 7.30, which left limited selection for dinner. Very very disappointing stay

Not much

• Deluxe Room

The evening meal was a bit cold, but otherwise very good. The tv was quite small. Otherwise no complaints.

The hotel is nicely decorated and modern. It has a great common area with bar and restaurant. The room was large and the bed comfortable. The staff were welcoming and very efficient. The breakfast was very good value and delicious.

• Deluxe Room

The previous occupants of our room left the alarm clock on. It went off at 5am and then every 10 minutes until we worked out how to turn it off!!

The barman/waiter who served us had a great personality. He was very welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Sorry, don't know his name!

• Deluxe Room

The bathroom door was filthy, the wardrobe door was filthy, the shower leaked all over the floor and drenched the bath mat, the general cleanliness was very poor

the bed was comfortable, everything they said was in the room was actually in the room

• Deluxe Room

Front desk reception was absolutely ridiculous!!! I have never ever been to a hotel anywhere in Australia and overseas that I felt like I was a criminal for having visitors drop off things to take back to Sydney. The male conceierge (Indian with glasses, u know who you are!!!) was rude when I checked in with my son. He asked "how many guests" and I replied "2". My son was in the same area as another Asian boy and he asked "what about him, is he yours?" I said "that is not my son, my son is wearing red". He then replied, "so he's not with you?" I was quiet upset at this stage already!!! I felt discriminated against!!! My visitors came for 15 mins to drop off things. He told them they had to be out at a certain time. At 10:15pm that night, he called me to ask if my guests had gone yet? I told him they left ages ago and were only here for 15 mins. He told me he was going to write a note down for the other staff to let them know my guests had gone already!!! Going in and out of the hotel afterwards, I felt like a criminal and being watched by him!!! My cousin wanted to book 14 rooms in your hotel in February 2018 for her wedding guests. I told her absolutely not!!! The worst hotel ever!!! You have lost our business thanks to your idiot of a concierge!!!

Room was clean.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The shower over a bath made me feel uneasy with safety/slipping. But the shower was great. Needs freshing spray in the bathroom. Bank fees % added to the bill. Need other options.

No noise from traffic,other guest or staff Easy to get to the room. Onsite Restuarant although busy with a function was still prompt with our meals & drinks

• Deluxe Twin Room

We couldn't find any pods for our pod machine and only two milks isn't enough for two coffees also the breakfast is way to expensive

The cleanliness and how soft the beds were

• Deluxe Room

This was our second stay. It was rather pleasing that the standard they had set during our first visit had not diminished. The staff are very friendly and helpful. From the moment you step inside, reception were attentive to our needs. This time around, we had time to try out the breakfast buffet. We were not disappointed. Whilst they had on offer the normal staples, there were treats to be had as well. The kitchen staff looked after us very well. A very nice breaky that gave us a great start to our day.

• Deluxe Room

No Cable channels available. Very small area over fridge with the coffee maker etc, but cant see how this could be improved. Shower area a little small but again this can't be changed.

No noise as set back from main road. Spacious room. Very good meal Fri night in the downstairs brewery area. Able to get late checkout as requested. Quirky decor. Pod coffee.

• Deluxe Room

Tried to phone prior to arriving as was confused by address - Dandenong - Doveton so as to confirm I had right building. Phone rang out 4 times - at about 1pm arrived at approximately 4pm and reception was friendly. $200 holding fee is the most expensive I have come across in quite a bit of travel

...Reception - warm and friendly - clean - fresh - good feel.

• Deluxe Room

Open shower allows water to spill on floor. A few more items of cutlery/Crockett would be helpful and a microwave.

Nice comfy bed, new facilities, coffee machine. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Good amount of crockery compared to other motels: mugs, glasses etc.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Deluxe Room

My friend who paid the same as me received complementary breakfasts for two nights, but I paid $22 for each breakfast.

Great choice, good quality food.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Nothing! It was perfect

The room was amazing. It was so new and clean and really felt comfortable. Also the two restaurants and bars added that extra luxury that most hotels of this price don't offer. Will definitely be staying again!

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Deluxe Room

There was no milk in our room and when I rang the receptionist he was short and rude and told me there was milk at reception if I wanted it and hung up. Extremely disappointing.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Deluxe Room

The only thing I don't like is only UHT milk in the rooms. But saying that when I asked for some fresh milk it wasn't a bother to get some.

I really liked How friendly and accomodating the staff is.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Deposit needed via credit card, which I wasn't expecting and even though was refunded soon after arriving home, this put my account in arrears and fees occurred.

Comfortable room, friendly staff and easy access to family living close by.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Having to pay a $200 bond on arrival, which got refunded the next morning. But didn't understand why the actual amount needed to be charged and then refunded. Most hotels just to a $1 hold on your credit card. Also having to have my Drivers Licence and credit card photocopied!!

Price, room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Get charged for additional coffee. Didnt ask for more shampoo because didnt know if that would cost extra. Walked to supermarket to save a few dollars.

Quiet

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

Strange conversation when checking in about joining their club and saying that I'd been given a better price for doing so, but that didn't happen. That was the only "negative / confusing" aspect.

Good bed, spacious room, quiet, great buffet breakfast, solid wifi and a coffee machine in the room too! There were a few options for meals nearby, and supermarket across the road.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

Staff were not helpful on check in (or check out). When asked, staff didn't know about any nearby attractions (eg. Golf Course). Also told of extra deposit after transaction had been made, and room was paid in advance. Vibe was a little disappointing.

Beautiful new facility, modern, bright, fun, oh and awesome block out curtains, perfect for a late check out. Lobby and bar looked like a great place to hang out for an evening drink but for a Saturday evening was completely empty.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

Public areas a bit cold in temperature as the weather was cooler. Air conditioning in room a bit noisy at times. Food at restaurant downstairs in brewery could be improved.

Our room, which was an apartment. Plenty of space, modern and cosy. Hotel modern and staff friendly and efficient. Restaurant food good.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

Awkward approach by car involving U-turn. Sparse industrial style - ie cheap build. Long walk from lift to room. Fridge packed with 'room service' items and not turned on. Had to clear it out and wipe condensation pool away to be able to cool it down and put our food in.

Room was clean and functional. Not many accommodation options in that area (Pakenham) so it met our basic needs.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

The coffee machine in the room didn't work. We bought 2 chicken ceaser salads from the upstairs bistro for lunch. Asteticly they looked great. But very hard to eat. As the chef cut a coz letter in half and served half to each of us. Also the cooked corn pieces were hard on our teeth. And the egg was hard boiled. Not much else in it! The day staff lacked personality and tact. The barman in the micro bar, was unhelpful. I asked for a particular wine off the menu. It was out of stock. So l chose a bourbon and asked if they stocked Coke in any bottles. As l would have purchased one, He said no only post mix. I said bugga. I will have it anyway. I commented how flat it was. Then noticed pre-mix in the bottle. So l bought that too. He should have suggested it when l ordered. Also a good bar person wouldn't of charged me for the drink with the postmix. You expect more out of a hotel of this standard.

The beds. The night front desk staff member. Who's name started with O.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

cheaper dining options

Personally i thought the meals were very expensive for an overnight business stay. As the business owner We do have a lot of work in that area coming up but would be very hesitant having employees stay here as after a long day the boys would prefer to eat in rather than go out... Unfortunately the meals here would be pushing our Accommodation/Meals budget. but the room itself was very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

Could not fault any thing

Friendly service with a smile. Very comfortable bed. Quiet and peaceful. Great exceptionally clean and well maintained facility.

• Deluxe Room

Were upgraded to a suite at no additional cost when booked room was not available. Staff very friendly and efficient. Dinner was fantastic. Will definitely be staying with them again.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

one room door key (card) didn't work.

Very comfortable beds. Roomy room. Quiet, even though it's near a very busy highway. Good food and service. Nice, attentive staff.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

We would have loved to stay longer.

Everything was great. From the moment we arrived the staff were so friendly, they engaged and continued to do so during our stay. They were genuine people who showed real interest in our visit and what we were doing. They are a credit to the organisation. What surprised us, was the knickknacks. First time we've seen this in a motel. They cater for not only singles or couples but, families as well. They had on offer games that would keep even the most active little ones occupied. The downstairs restaurant menu had so many offerings, it was hard to choose. The portions were generous and a delight. Well done Atura. This is the complete package for an extended stay or an overnight visit. You guys put the five star places on notice.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Deluxe Suite

Staff were great.... room and hotel fantastic... And to top it off breakfast was beautiful! Thanks Guys we will be back for our next karate tournament! Cheers!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Deluxe Room

Taking $200 bond and only finding out once we had arrived there! Should be on the site so potential customers are aware of it, still waiting for it to be refunded in to my account

Nice size room, although the soap holder broke in the shower hitting my toe made for a good laugh

• Deluxe Room

The laundry only having one washer and dryer

The food in the restaurant was great

• Deluxe Room

bar closed 6pm Friday night.

Handy location clean rooms

The beds were so uncomfortable I got a sore back so they definitely need upgrading. The bar was closed 90% of our stay

The breakfast was excellent.

• Deluxe Room

I didn't think that they needed to put a hold on an extra $200 on my visa card as security on checking in.

I’ll good

• Deluxe Room

Best hotel in the area. Modern, clean and great boutique brewery bar attached. :)

• Deluxe Room

Pillows were abit too hard

• Deluxe Room

Having to pay a bond for one night

• Deluxe Room

The cleanliness of the rooms and the staff are lovely.

Nup. All was good

Location of property to the job i had to do

• Deluxe Room

No option to order late night snack/room service when we arrived after midnight.

Comfy bed and decent bathroom facilities.

the lighting....

The quietness of the rooms. The hot buffet breakfast - loved the idea of the hotplates

Only 2 bottles of water in the room

Everything was easy

• Deluxe Room

There was a bit of dust from the air conditioning system. With a bit of cleaning can go a long way.

• Deluxe Room

convenient location, very clean, comfortable. Very quiet.

Loved it

Clean, close proximity to gym etc.

• Deluxe Room

Shower sucked. Hot water would drop out and then it would come back on hotter.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Housekeeping staff need update in training as lots of "little' things missed

Rooms quiet

microwave in the room

Great dining/bar on location

Cant fault it.

The staff were polite and had a sense of humor.

• Deluxe Room

Everything i need i get..service Cleaners..room view and the most make me happy the staff very friendly and helpful.

Cleanliness & great staff

• Deluxe Room

Not enough milk for a coffee. $200 bond excessive and still not returned to my bank account.

• Deluxe Room

The staff are very pleasant and the rooms very clean.

• Deluxe Room

The air conditioner could not go any lower than 20 degrees and it was quite warm

Browse Atura Dandenong traveller photo gallery