Reviews of Hotel Chino 4.5 stars

19 O'Keefe Street, Woolloongabba, Woolloongabba, 4102 Brisbane, Australia

#55 of 148 hotels in Brisbane

• Hotel Room

Shower door not working properly; bathroom sink not easily draining; space between tv wall and bed too narrow for walking through it.

Staff was very friendly and veey helpful

• One-Bedroom Apartment

My only suggestion would be to put a non slip mat in the bath tub because it was very slippery stepping in and out when showering.

Lovely big apartment, very comfy bed and very quiet at night!

• Studio Apartment

My booking was not recognized by the hotel management, they blamed the booking provider. They charged an additional $100 as security against my credit, other providers have not ever done this in the past. Restaurant and bar was never open.

Room was well presented

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Bed was a bit hard. Tv was awful, all Foxtel channels were fuzzy and bad reception could not watch any and tv is horrible to change channels, so slow.

Staff, layout of unit, huge balcony, own kitchen. Was decent stay overall.

• Deluxe Twin Room

I thought I was going to fall in the bath and i was really frightened and having to wait around to change rooms until the next morning

when we arrived we were told that we would be in another room as there was a problem with the 1 we were booked into we said ok no problem. We were told that we were upgraded into an 1 bedroom apartment which had a queen and single and the shower was over the bath we thought that would be ok and i don't like to make a fuss. What they didn't say was the single was a roll away put in front of the wardrobe so you had to lift the bed out to get to the wardrobe, still no complaint I would deal with it, that night i went to have a show about 9.30pm I got into the shower/bath with a little effort as it had a fixed screen 3/4 across the bath, we are both over 60 and have bad knees and can not bend them very well, when I turned the shower on and the water ran into the bath it became really slippery and i could not get out of the bath, I had to put a towel in the bottom of the bath and my friend had to bring a chair in and help me get out and so on and so she did;t even try and the roll away was uncomfortable for me. the next morning i called reception and the 24/7 person said there would be no one on site till 10am and she left a message for some one to call at 10am. so we had to wait until 10 before we could do anything as we could not have a shower!! the lady called me at 10am and organised to change the room she was very nice and apologized she also gave us a free breakfast the next morning, so everything from then was fantastic.

• Hotel Room

TV set didn’t work at night but suddenly worked in the morning. The hot water taps both sink and shower were just a little warm, hence a cold shower. Rather arrogant Chef in the restaurant whom after the young girl said I could sit anywhere he told me in another place I didn’t want to sit. The menus were in the rooms as well as on the tables, then said nothing is on the menu and in his said I shall tell you what is on the menu. I was having a lovely chat with the people at the next table and the chef came out with their food and said you stop talking now and you have to eat. No more talk. I walked out. On check out the front office girls didn’t ask how my stay was just that they had a new computer system and they would email the receipt. I asked if I could wait for a printed version, two minutes later I had it.

The pen in the room.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Very clean with comfortable beds. Under cover parking. In the morning found our room had a balcony which we would have used if staying longer. Little kitchen handy as made our own breakfast due to early hospital appointment. Reception staff friendly.

• Studio Apartment

the room size, the bathroom size and cleanliness was average, the fact facilities were out of order and the horrible smell upon arrival.

The room smelt when we arrived, had to open the door to air it out, its advertised as a deluxe room, it was tiny, facilities were not working entire reason we picked this was for the spa and the spa was out of service.

• Studio Apartment

cleanliness was lacking but overall you get what you pay for and for location,I would pay more for my next stay to have the rooms cleaner and the room next door had left a meal tray outside the door on the floor that stunk and was lying there for over a day

reasonable standard of hotel fro the money, free secure parking close to town it was a decent option, personally

• Studio Apartment

Our room was a comfortable size. Great for having visitors. We used the barbque facilities which were great for our family get together. Close to shops and public transport. Secure parking and plenty of visitors parking. I did feel safe for those who are security minded. Our room was very quiet. I have used Hotel Chino twice now and will return again when next in Brisbane.

• Studio Apartment

Chef is amazing. Receptionist was so friendly and the whole place is just so accommodating and a great place to stay when attending demanding hospital visits.

• Deluxe Twin Room

I liked everything about the property and I would recommend it to all my friends as a top place to stay while in Brisbane

It suite my purpose to a tee.

• Hotel Room

I stayed in one of the small rooms. Shower was not very spacious and I'm a small person. Smocking was allowed in the balcony, that's perhaps why the room smelled of cigarette smoke. A bit expensive for what it is.

Free car park and clean room

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Restaurant/café not open on weekends. Reception closed 3pm Sunday therefore had to wait outside (no seat available) for awhile.

Having a balcony gives you access to the outdoors, lounge/dining area was roomy.

• Studio Apartment

Restaurant wasn't open on weekends which I didn't see that on booking.com and reception was open late on a Sunday. Having checked in late the night before with instructions to see staff in the morning, we hung around to check out when we didn't really need to.

Room was very spacious for a studio room. Was easy to get in and out of and parking was not a drama.

• Studio Apartment

Mini bar prices are very high as is usual I suppose. But beware. Must turn off the air conditioning when you sit on the Veranda as the compressor unit is out there with you. No real complaints.

I found the rooms just right in size for a short stay. They all have sliding door to a Veranda. The bathrooms are clean and fresh. I expected them to be noisy so close to the Princess Alexandra Hospital and motorway but they are very quiet. At least when the sliding door is closed. Reception very helpful and friendly plus fasting no nonsense which I like. The place has a small gym lap pool and undercover secure parking. All in all good value for money and close to the hospital and transport.

• Deluxe Twin Room

As we were two people sharing a twin room an extra room key could have been offered

The staff at reception notified me early in the day regarding the check in times and left clear instructions for late arrival as I was still travelling at the time of the call. They were also very helpful for allowing us to park the car until completion of the event we attended for work.

• Studio Apartment

Staff not very friendly appeared as if everything you asked was a effort to answer. Quest laundry machines where dirty when asked if they could be cleaned told they would get house keeping to clean them which never happened. Office hours over weekend where ridiculous if want to finalise your account there and than . Saturday 9am and Sunday 10am. Told by unfriendly staff you paid a deposit on your bank card we will sort out and return balance to your card. I as a customer should have a choice and by the way I have now been gone 2 days and still have not received a receipt which I assumed would be email to me. Coffee shop that is attached to the hotel closed on weekends so nowhere to eat at facility including breakfast.

Location Rooms nice

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The hall way between our room and the room next door smelt like cigarettes... The air condition was really loud at night making it hard to sleep....needs to be fixed.

• Studio Apartment

The fear of setting off the fire alarm meant we did little cooking in the room.. we opted to use the BBQ for anything other than boiling veggies.. The smell of the 'carpet cleaning'?? was tiresome.. Staff did rectify the problem, but it returned in a few days.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

They need to replace the portacot we had- no bottom in it. On our last night the aircon leaked through all our luggage.

Was just what we needed. Simple but comfortable. Easy checkin on a public holiday. Good parking.

• Studio Apartment

Bathroom floor was stained, Toilet seat was loose and when moved revealed dirty brown stains. Gym wasn't air-conditioned, recliner chairs in swimming pool area worn broken where you sit. Clean towels and bedding were not available for the duration of our stay, to get clean towels cost an extra $35 per day, pretty crap for a centrally located hotel.

Chef was helpful and glad to be of service when requesting dishes off the menu. Small selection but very tasty and well presented.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The dirty vents in bathroom, dirt under fold out lounge, the lack of bedding after booking for a child, the kettle did not turn off, there were warnings about the toaster and having the exhaust fan on but the exhaust fan did not work, the pool was dirty and the air conditioning did not work all the staff could do was say sorry and offer a fan it was extremely hot and uncomfortable.

The staff were young smiled and helped as much as they could

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Because public holidays reception wasn’t open all times

Very good hotel not expensive like others. Close to south bank and pretty apartments, I’d go again.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

We had a multi-night in the Christmas New Year week. Reception was open only for 4 hours per day (10 to 2), when hotel customers are out of the hotel seeing the sights. For the multi-night stay, we had 4 teabags, 1 roll of toilet paper and 1 small cake of soap. The room was not serviced, and Reception was unstaffed. So, we had to buy supplies of what the hotel should provide. It's a great place to stay, but the staff and attitude to customers are unprofessional.

Apartments are comfortable and well furnished. Parking is convenient, secure and accessible.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

A layer of detergent on the floor and the table which makes them sticky. Rundown neglected furniture. And why on earth they have to have those tee cups so tiny?

Location is convenient. Parking is good. Free wifi.

• Hotel Room

Even though a verandah, very noisy outside because of traffic - near main road so understandable not really a complaint! I felt breakfast wasn’t the best I had, bacon could have been crispier and the chipolatas were not the best. It was all edible though.

Close to public transport. The rooms were nice and dark a/c cooled down really quickly. Secure underground parking. Close to Bogo Rd Gaol.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The position of the smoke alarms.

We checked out after 6 days when we were supposed to stay for 14 because we had an issue with the smoke alarms. They were poorly positioned and you were frightened to boil the kettle without setting them off. The next place we booked into did not have that problem.

• Studio Apartment

Dirty bed sheets with stains. Room was lacking attention. Smelly room & air con was useless. On the plus side the bed was fair comfy.

Parking was easy.

• Studio Apartment

late check in situation was appalling. the room smelled of Bleach.

I'm still waiting on a refund for the second night. the staff we're very unhelpful over the phone and made the whole experience a pain. will never stay here again.

• Hotel Room

Breakfast started at 6am however there wasnt enough time for my meal to be prepared for a 6.30am departure as there were quite a few other people there at the same time, so I missed out on breakfast which was disappointing as it was included in the price.

The room was nice, neat, tidy, clean and there wasn't any traffic noise even though my room faced the main road. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Very well presented property.

• Hotel Room

No staff or restaurant service after 3pm especially on. Sunday You arrive late ,don't know the place and you are hungry Night becomes long

Location -close to hospital

• Studio Apartment

A bit noisy at times. Doors close very loudly! Restaurant was below average.

Clean and tidy. Unlimited wifi. Privacy. Handy location. Busways very close, easy to get around.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Room could have been more stylish, though this is a personal preference. That's not too say the style of the rooms were an eyesore, just saying the rooms could been decorated better. (The furniture was fine! Just ornaments and paintings could use some work!!!)

The rooms were as expected, clean, neat, straight forward. Stayed for one night, process of booking to getting settled into the rooms was easy. Rooms were very comfortable. The location was also great, not the most incredible view from the balconies BUT, if you need a place to stay that has good standards I highly recommend Hotel Chino. Staff were pleasant, albeit we didn't communicate much with the staff much. We will definitely return there when we go down to Brisbane, with these great prices!

• Studio Apartment

Apartment could have been a lot cleaner, had to wipe everything down in kitchen area. Floor sticky and furniture hadn't been dusted or wiped down.

Location and facilities near by

• Studio Apartment

Lifts and hallways were quite warm and bathroom wasn’t totally clean - smear on mirror and stained floor tiles. Staff were not well equipped to answer questions about local public transport or walking/fitness tracks.

Bed was quite comfortable, good location for my stay (course at PA hospital). Good facilities within room - spacious, fridge, AC and desk.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Easy access and easy booking, good TV, Wifi, not too noisy even though on a busy road. Bed as firm but not hard and everything nice and neat and clean.

• Deluxe Twin Room

When I went to have shower in the morning, the water was hardly warm. The night prior, the water temperature was perfect. I was contacted by reception on the day I was to arrive to confirm arrival time. This was 2 hrs before reception closed. I was told that if I arrived after 3pm I would have to arrange to collect key. Maybe a call the day before to be notified of this would of been nice.

• Studio Apartment

View I had was of a car park, very noisy in morning when people using bathrooms above, could hear other guests talking in corridors early sun morning felt for the price I paid would of got better room , felt like I was staying in a dormitory. Wardrobe was tiny , as was room with TV on wall not much room to move , and no door in bedroom.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The meal from the hotel resturant was disappointing.. very fatty meal with no nutritional ingredients and no kids menu. The coffee cups in the room could be bigger and bigger milk items for coffee would have been good.

The room was small but lovely and smelt amazing! Loved the balcony and staff were very friendly and helpful

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I felt home. I am a returning customer. Chino was the place I stay for my honeymoon in early 2016. Was there with my infant whom his nickname is Chino,named after Chino Hotel.Will be back morr often and hope to get more discounts for future stay.Bbq experience was fun....had good quality time.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

They take a deposit on your credit card in case you break something but even after being cleared of any breakages 15 days later we are still waiting for the return of the deposit , not good business practice.

Very clean and comfortable.

• Hotel Room

Great location to Princess Alexandra Hospital. Having an in house restaurant is a bonus if you are tired at the end of a busy day. They have a good chef who personally walked me through the menu and even came out to inform me that I had better order what we had agreed before it ran out. Good personal service. Staff are very friendly.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We only stayed one night and had to checked out early for our son's soccer game. It was spacious, very clean, convenient and great for staying as a family.

• Hotel Room

Nothing everything was perfect.

My bed was comfy, this is my home away from home when travelling for work. Easy to get to and from when seeing my clients. What I do love about this place is.. I am a fussy eater and the chef always makes me the best salad in town, my requests are never too hard for the chef. I find that all the staff are very friendly and the restaurant atmosphere is very relaxing, I have not had 1 bad meal or bad stay at Hotel Chino, hence the reason I keep coming back. Love this place.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The bathroom was catered for people in wheelchairs, there was no shower curtains or shower doors. There was a very very tiny shelve that could hold the. Free soap samples etc but that's it. No towel racks, pools of water everywhere. No hooks on the door, nothing for travel case for. Make up etc... Disappointed.. And water was not hot

Bed was comfortable and it was very quite

• Studio Apartment

I had no problems at all.

The staff went out of their way to help me with a few things as my partner was in hospital across the road. Asking about my well fare ect.

• Studio Apartment

It was cold- winter time in Brisbane so ac type heating not that wonderful altho typical of the city. The email to tell me how to get in after hours came while I was en route, with not much email access sort was bit confusing when i arrived. I was glad that I had been taken to the hotel by a friend. had I been dropped off by a tai then i think Would have been somewhat phased by the experience.

I think I got an upgrade because I ended up with a flat style place which was very clean and comfortable

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Managed professionally and very helpful staff. The restaurant decor and food is good quality and the small bar has boutique beer on tap. Chino's location and accessibility and ease of parking are great bonuses.

• Studio Apartment

The closure of their restaurant during weekend hours. The last time I was there the food was great and the chef even cooked 2 meals for me that weren't on the menu and tasted great. Coffee Nature across the road did a great breakfast though.

2nd stay, room was clean, tidy, modern and value for money!

• Studio Apartment

The room was facing a major road, it was very noisy when the balcony door was open. Needed to open the balcony door for air, because warm day, and room was warm. The balcony door may need a screen door to eliminate some noise and dusty air coming through. In the evening when returning to the room, you can not go through the main entrance, but no signage or information on how to get in was posted or told on check-in. Phoned a number that took a while to respond and was than informed entrance to hotel after 10pm is via a side door. I encourage signage posted about this. The restaurant is nice , offers breakfast which is well presented, tasty and affordable but the service was a little slow, after ordering the breakfast and coffee took at least 15-20 minutes to receive. Staff should advice at ordering that order may take long.

Room was clean, bed was comfortable. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Restaurant breakfast is well presented, tasty and affordable.

• Hotel Room

Desk light not working & shower sliding screen faulty.. Room was on the ground floor & very small especially the bathroom

Location & helpful reception staff

• Hotel Room

Staff Maria was proactive in inreaching me to reassure me of questions of dining etc and very welcoming when I arrived would recommend and return to the property Room is small and spotless - towels are fresh and fluffy - bed and pillows very comfy and super clearn

• One-Bedroom Apartment

2 forks. 2 cups. At times we need to debrief after hospital visits and family have come back to find we can't accomodate with a cup of tea etc. forget wifi.

Distance to Peter Alexandra Hospital fantastic. Comfort of apartment amazing. At the time of family illness it is so nice to have the comforts of home.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Studio Apartment

Were advised via check in news letter on arrival on a Thurssday that we didnot have housekeeping as part pf our package. There was no indication when booking accomondation that there was no housekeeping available. We stayed 4 nights and collected clean towels each day from Reception who said they never had housekeeping on weekends even though we bookrd in on Thursday were not given clean towels on friday. Cleaners started servicing rooms at 7am the friday and monday mornings extremely noisey. Restuarant was not open on weekends for breakfast or dinner.

Restuarant dinner excellent.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The property was conveniently located near the college i am studying at, was clean and tidy ad the staff were great! I also find it difficult to get parking as i am from the bush and drive a large vehicle, but Chino had it sorted for me with their parking options!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Alex the evening chef was excellent; we gave him license to create a sharing plate and he didn't disappoint. His mains were also great. Stay was worth the dinner alone.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The shower was in the bath which is fine EXCEPT The bath was extremely slippery and even though they provided a mat to stand on it was impossible for me to step in, even sitting on the side of the bath didn't help as the space was limited The shower screen was not movable and much too long making access very difficult My husband had to get me in and out Probably fine for a young person but not for someone older and with Arthritis

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The bed was very uncomfortable for me. A door handle fell off and had to be replaced, the lights failed in one of the the living areas. We were offered another room for the night and got some breakfast vouchers which was nice.

The location is terrific for where we needed to be. The apartment is well designed so that you have 2 separate living areas. There is no cost for parking.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Studio Apartment

Ran out of tea and coffee and no artifi sweeteners for diet cobsc.

Very friendly effecient staff. Everyone of them.loved the restaurant. Really great resonable prices for quality food and quick service

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Studio Apartment

Clean room with a good little mini kitchen. Tv with lots of channels and comfy bed. Great spot two min walk is a Woolworths, burrito bar, coffee shops restaurants etc

• Studio Apartment

Our breakfast was served to our room late. There was no phone book or information book about the property in our room.

The unit was clean, beds were comfy. Staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very nice(when we got it!)

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Studio Apartment

It's a shame the restaurant is only open on week days. Luckily the coffee shop around the corner at Oaks is open and serves an all-day breakfast. It took me a while to figure out how to use the swipe card but after that, it was all good!

A very nicely set-out room with a kitchenette and good-sized bathroom. The building is very handy to Buranda shopping village and also the PA hospital. The staff were friendly and the secure, underground car park was very appreciated.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Studio Apartment

Turning on TV was confusing. 1st picture that immediately comes up is the movie channel - and onscreen writing says press enter to start. I pressed enter expecting an online tv guide would come appear on screen. Instead, by pressing enter, I had inadvertently bought into a movie-on-demand!

Good location. Free, secure parking. Free wifi. Clean kitchenette. Air Con.

• Studio Apartment

We went through the process of asking for early check in so could sleep after both working night shift - we agreed to pay the extra amount for this and it was impossibly to sleep during the day. The traffic noise outside was nothing compared to the noise in the corridor despite a do not disturb sign. Have never stayed anywhere else where you can hear the staff cleaning other rooms and have to slam so many doors and other guests talking in their rooms - all this over the top of the noise from the vibrating air conditioner. So much noise!

Closeness to Gabba

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Liked everything for only staying 1 might so really no dislikes.

Great location great customer service very clean modern, comfortable rooms and meals excellent. Will stay there again and recommend to family and friends.

• Hotel Room

We didn't get any information or pass codes to be able to access the Wifi. As we were leaving that morning we wanted it we decided not to follow it up. The TV remote was faulty, room G03.

A lovely clean room well located for our event at the Gabba. The staff on the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Hotel Room

Small rooms,but adequate for one night stay

Clean and tidy, friendly helpful staff. Went to see Adele only 20min walk from Gabba so served its purpose-cost was very good, close to small shopping centre ( less than 5min walk)

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• Studio Apartment

As we were there to visit & assist a family member who had just undergone surgery at the PA Hospital, the location was excellent as the hotel is also close to the local shopping centre. Unfortunately on our last night, another family member was taken into hospital also. We needed to stay another night on short notice and that was sorted out for us without any problem and we were very thankful.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Studio Apartment

Restaraunt closed, had to source dinner and breakfast elsewhere. Disappointing as was looking forward to an easy meal in check in.

Great staff, great room facilities, comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Restaurant was closed and we were not advised until checking in. That was one of the main reasons we booked here over another location.

Rooms were nice, staff were lovely and the location was great for our needs.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Hotel Room

Reception was unmanned until 9.00 am on the weekend.

This hotel was great value for money. We stayed to attend a cricket match at the Gabba. The addition of a kitchen sink in the room was great and plenty of tea and coffee sachets provided.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Studio Apartment

Restaurant was closed for breakfast and dinner. Option was to go up the road to the shopping centre and fend for my self. Was loooing forward to a good meal and easy night in but that wasn't the case. Minor inconvenience, still doesn't turn me off the place!

Quick check in and out, no hassle, trouble free stay!

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The restaurant was closed so had to find other places to eat. Very disappointing. Would like to have been advised prior to arrival. Rooms not serviced daily.

Position is great, close to PA and Greenslopes Hospitals, Gabba and CBD

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Studio Apartment

Nothing could have been better - First Class!

Above and beyond! For-filling our every need, including the slightly quirkier ones... "I would like to request, to have a photo on my bedside table of Steve Buscemi - thank you in advance..."