Reviews of Ciloms Airport Lodge 3.5 stars

398 Melrose Drive, Tullamarine, Tullamarine, 3043 Melbourne, Australia

#87 of 168 hotels in Melbourne

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

The pool was excellent and warm.

The double bed mattress was clearly more used on one side. The mattresses need to be rotated more often.

The pool was excellent and warm. We only had an afternoon and evening there due to a long flight connection and this place was nice and close to the airport, with a great pool to keep the kids entertained.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Good value for money and clsoe to the airport
    • Queen Room with Spa Bath

1.Would have liked more TV channels. 2.Windows rattled in the wind. 3. Buffet dinner was average.

Heated indoor pool. Own spa bath which was very large. Good service large room with separate shower

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

A great stay before departing Aussie.

The lack of onsite car parking. I was lucky to get one. Prepare to park out on the street in peak times.

The location to the Airport is fantastic. 24hr desk too.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Airport transfer service is fantastic and the hotel held my...
    • Queen Room with Spa Bath

There was no view from my room, I could just see the roof through the windows

Airport transfer service is fantastic and the hotel held my bag until 5pm after checkout with no problems

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Great Location & Comfortable stay

The hotel is a little dated. The room was sufficient for one night stay before flying out early the next morning. I wouldn't stay for longer periods of time.

The location is great. Dinner was very nice, the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Good location and staff. Strong cigarette smell.
    • Queen Room with Spa Bath

The gym equipment was pretty old and didn't all work. What I was most disappointed with is I specifically requested a no smoking room, the whole room had a very strong smell. Though I don't think anyone smoked there recently it was very ingrained in the walls. I'm quite sensitive and kept waking up in the night finding it hurt to breathe, my throat was swollen for my flight the next morning, not pleasant.

The bed was comfortable and we enjoyed the swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Transit Gold

Kinda wish people would sneak out for their early flights without waking the whole floor. Next time it will be you getting in late on a delayed flight. Not a fault of the hotel but.

So close to Tullamarine. A great transfer service regardless of the time of day. Staff were great. Room clean as. Glad we picked this place after a long flight. Will definitely use next time.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Excellent spot, great food and friendly staff

Our flight home was cancelled and my husband had stayed there before for business. They collected us from the airport and returned us next day. After the stress of the flight it was a very welcoming stay. Food was excellent and the boys enjoyed the pool.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Go somewhere else - anywhere else

The rooms are in no way sound proof or smell proof. The family in the next room had a child who had a screaming tantrum for more than two hours. People were smoking in the hall outside our room to such an extent that I had to take medication to prevent an asthma attack. They also had loud conversations outside our room until 2am. Even then we couldn't sleep as the room was next to the flood light car park and the blackout curtains did not cover the windows. Having had no sleep we were told our booked transfer back to the airport at 5am was not honoured as the bus had left before 5am as it was full! We had to wait until the 5:39am bus and then fight our way on or we would have missed our flight. Next time we might as well sleep on a bench at the airport!

The transfer from the airport was great going to the hotel and very dodgy coming back to the airport.

Close prximity to airport

Hotel room standard but OK

The hotel served purpose of close locality to airport, as we had an early flight and would have meant travelling over 2 hours in traffic from the SE suburbs

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

The perfect spot for a good night's sleep near the airport

The breakfast in the cafe is fairly ordinary and not cheap

The shuttle service to and from the airport is excellent. The beds and pillows are super comfortable, the room was quiet and everything was very clean. Just what we needed after a long flight.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Most of the staff were friendly and accommodating.

I was disappointed with the staff in the bar area as they made it very clear in no uncertain terms that there was no table service. I found the person rude, abrupt and off-putting.

Most of the staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was just fine for our needs; we were only needing to stay one night as we needed to get to the airport early the next morning. There were luggage trolleys available for transporting luggage to and from our car to the room.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

I have been using Cilopms for many years and highly recommend it to all.

I would and have recommend this motel to my friends as a nice place to stay especially if travelling and need to get to the airport. Not sure about romantic I usually travel alone this time a friend who was travelling with me had her own room. I always leave my car as well and appreciate being taken to and picked up from the airport

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Crap, staff not helpful and didn't give a hoot either.

Two rooms, have four kids were not even close to one another :( Asked at booking for this, also asked at booking if closest Hotel to the airport got told yes but you most certainly are not. One of the rooms smelt bad and even though says no smoking you have an ashtray outside, no wonder the room stank!! We booked miles in advance and could have gone elsewhere if know all of this rather than that night everything else booked out.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Comfortable, clean & close to airport

The staff were very friendly & the shuttle bus was there to pick us up within 5 min of ringing them. Room had everything you needed. Great place to stay if you have an early plane to catch. Thank you Climos

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Fine for overnight stay

Also because of a lot of early morning late evening movement - noise levels from rooms and corridors not good

Comfy and perfect for overnight stay to pick up early morning flight out. Shuttle works well but you have to take care as buses are small and if travelling with group or lots of bags take care

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Lacks ambience and I won't be rushing back.

Need to improve restaurant facilities and ambience. Check in was slow - had to wait for a while. Our reason for staying was we had an early international flight next morning and live an hour's drive from the airport so we thought it best to stay overnight close to the airport. The staff member who checked us in recommended taking a shuttle so early that if we had followed his recommendation we might as well have slept at home, as we wouldn't have had to get up any earlier. In the end, we opted for a shuttle time half an hour later but it still got us to the airport way before we needed to be there. Not sure why such a conservative approach is taken in these days of advance online check in and bag drop at the airport.

Convenient to airport for early flight next morning. Punctual shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Overall our stay was enjoyable. Our room was well appointed, clean & comfortable.

The noise level from other rooms, but particularly outside from the airport. Every couple of minutes my sleep was disturbed by planes. Perhaps double glazed windows or at least heavier curtains that cover the entire window might help. Our room security could be improved as our door didn’t “click” shut fully on its own, it required extra force.

The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. I was pleased the bathroom was well maintained, with plenty of fresh towels.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Excellent Value near Airport

Not the properties fault but inconsiderate guests talking loudly going down the corridor to their rooms and then letting their doors bang closed. Suggest taking ear plugs if you want a good sleep.

Loved the two choices in which to dine, bistro and dining room. Meals priced fairly. Room was clean, crisp bed linen, good towels and everything necessary provided.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Go somewhere else
    • Queen Room with Spa Bath

Spa was all chipped and unhygienic Meals and drinks overpriced Chlorine smell in pool so overwhelming couldn’t swim in it

Staff were polite Airport pickup Comfy bed

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Close to airport and their airport shuttle service is prompt...

Close to airport and their airport shuttle service is prompt and professional. Always on time and easy to organise. Accomodation is adequate for a short stay and meal service is good.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Exactly what I needed. I slept well on comfortable beds.

The restaurant ambience was more working men's club than hotel restaurant.

Although my flight into Melbroune arrived late, and the hotel was fully-booked because planes to Sudney had been cancelled, I was still able to call up and get a hotel shuttle from the airport. They also squeezed me into one going back to the airport the next day. Good work!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The hotel is basic but reasonable value for money.

We chose this hotel for the free airport shuttle, but when we arrived at the hotel we were unable to book the shuttle for the following morning as it was booked out for a 1.5hr period (at 5.30am with 3 young children we were not prepared to leave an hour earlier..!). So it ended up costing us an additional $35 for a taxi to the airport, which felt quite unreasonable.

The hotel is basic but reasonable value for money.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Staff was very friendly and helpful to the extent of their...

Not enough parking on site. Had to park on the street. Staff did not know where a tourist information office was located and they had no maps of the Melbourne area.

Staff was very friendly and helpful to the extent of their knowledge. Hannah, the front desk clerk was very nice and helped us get early access to our room, for which we were most grateful after having flown for over 20 hours on 3 separate aircraft.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Would stay there again before going on holidays.
    • Queen Room with Spa Bath

Very comfortable bed. Attractive room. very convienient to access airport and you can park your car for the duration of your trip. Very competitive for shorter stays.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Great transfers to and from airport.

Very noisy with people coming and going on the ground floor throughout the night. Also you can hear the planes go over throughout the night too. But to be expected this close to the airport. I thought the buffet dinner was alittle overpriced for what was there

Great transfers to and from airport. Very prompt. Takes 5 mins from airport to accommodation. Swimming pool lovely and warm. Great friendly staff Rooms alittle dated. But clean and comfy.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Very close to Airport nice and clean, food was good and great you can be dropped and p/up to airpo

I really didn’t find anything that I didn’t like!

It was very nice and clean and great that you had a restaurant in the complex to eat and the food was lovely.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Love the convenience and the ability to leave your car and...

On my return I booked a smoking room and didn’t get one had to go down lift for a smoke😞

Love the convenience and the ability to leave your car and get shuttle to airport and back

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Close to airport.

Rooms are dated.bathroom needs upgrading

Close to airport. Restaurant is very good with good service. Shuttle bus to airport is well organised with friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Smooth . Good responsive shuttle pick up to and from airport. On time at 630am depature

Good location with free shuttle which we needed to and from the Airport. Very comfortable bed and nice bathroom. Perfect for us as we only stayed overnight to catch a 930am international flight. In the evening I asked for exrtra milk. No problem and was given a small carton which was more than enough for a few more cups of coffee.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Proximity to the airport with free shuttle bus.

Noisy. The truck collecting rubish in the early hours of the morning kept us awake.

Proximity to the airport with free shuttle bus. Spa and swimming pool a bonus.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The dining room was overpriced as was the breakfast

Having to walk so far to and from the main entrance. Anyone younger would cope ok but not when you are a Senior.l

The dining room was overpriced as was the breakfast

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Second time we have stayed there, and will quite happily stay again.

The beds could have been softer. I slept OK but the wife was a little bit grumpy about the "hard beds"...

The location to Tullarmarine Airport is the big "plus" for this place, and they provide free shuttle bus service to the airport and back. It's a brilliant service. The bistro and buffet are also fine for eating.

Convenient,

The staff weren’t friendly or welcoming, which was disappointing. The only other negative was the room we were in wasn’t quiet. You could hear people loudly coming and going at all hours

We were transiting overnight from Perth to LA. Just needed somewhere close and convenient. We arrived late and left early. Complimentary shuttle bus was great. It was an older property but well maintained and very clean

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

I was happy with this overnight stay close to the airport!!

Hotel transfer from airport and then to my hire car company the next day. Free wifi no hassles! Night staff on arrival very efficient and I’m in my room within 5 minutes of arrival...will use again if in the vicinity...they had a buffet, but I was too late to try...maybe next time :-)...

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Near airport, big room with tea and coffee etc.

It could do with some update and decorating but it was clean and tidy. I had the continental breakfast, not sure if $15 for cornflakes and toast is about right yet for Australia but I would stay again.

Near airport, big room with tea and coffee etc. Arrived after midnight and left after breakfast so didn’t use facilities. Slept very deep on large comfy bed but after travelling from UK I could have slept standing up.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

relaxation with good night sleep before jetting off overseas.

Not much, few more beers at a cheaper price and cheaper wine. although not a bad range on hand at the time....

Very central for an overnight stay before going overseas. comfortable bed for a good night sleep. food was okay and atmosphere loud and friendly. good time had by all, relaxing before another adventure.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Was very good coming and going no complaints...

Everything was good value for money and very convenient to airport and the shuttle service is excellent.

The bed was comfy and lovely hot shower also food in bistro was excellent especially the light snack for $17 couldn't get better value for money..

Good airport stopover!

Great for an airport stopover and has a free shuttle bus. The restaurant/bar has a nice 'pub' feel about it & friendly staff. Room was good, clean & comfortable

Staying a Friday night and our room was close to stairs -...

Staying a Friday night and our room was close to stairs - lots of noise throughout the night - people running up and down the stairs - which is not the fault of the hotel - but made our stay not as enjoyable as it could have been

comfortable place to stay

I didnt know Melbourne very well and we picked this placed based on pace and restuarant, we eat at buffet 2 nights in row and food taste so good and had two happy boys, was very peaceful and comfortable place to stay

Ciloms only hotel that I consider value for money for a one...

Ciloms only hotel that I consider value for money for a one night stay enroute to Melbourne Airport having travelled 4 hrs from the country. Shuttle service to airport is always on time with friendly drivers.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The location and the lodge itself were good on my arrival.

When I returned I had to wait 35 minutes at the airport as they have no first in first serve for a lift policy. One person was doing the collections instead of two when the knew they had a group coming in. They told me when I rang he won’t be long his on his way. Apparently a group arrived after me and where able to get in the van immediately. This should not be able to happen. I was standing at the collection area , but at the top. There is no actual pickup point other than under a sign which is about 100 metres long, bus after bus arriving. It’s dark and you can’t see !! I think they should be asking for the person that has rang ahead first. They are obviously there waiting. There needs to be a number system. Not good enough after long international flight and then a three hour drive ahead of us. An extra 35 makes a difference. The gentleman at the counter says the bus driver had to stay to help with the group. The other staff member says he was watching the footy and wouldn’t come and get us!!! This needs to be addressed . The staff would have known this group was due in, as you advise them when you leave about your return time. Why wasn’t the staff equiped for this and why does a group get priority?? Group priority and the wait for pick up

The location and the lodge itself were good on my arrival. I left my car there and went on a holiday..

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Fix the issues with the shower and drainage and I would give a score of 10/10

Water flow from the show is poor and water drainage is very poor.

Location is great, staff are excellent. Great ambiance, very comfortable, service excellent, buildings are very good. Swimming pool is very good. Cooking by staff is excellent. Staff are very attentive to our needs.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

It suited our purpose.

Didn't get a chance to use any of the facilities so not sure. Everything we needed was adequate.

We stayed overnight in transit. It was comfortable and easy to get to from airport. The free transport to the airport was great. We arrived late and left early next morning.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The location was great for an overnight stay before...

There were some maintenance issues needing attention. The blown light globe was fixed promptly, but the broken security chain on the door was not. The restaurant on site does not cater well for those with food intolerances. For this reason I would be reluctant to to stay here again.

The location was great for an overnight stay before international travel. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

It's great value for money.
    • Executive Queen Room

Being convenient to the airport has it's benefits and detracting factors.

It's great value for money. Courtesy collection and drop off at the Airport. A good restaurant buffet or a la carte. A bar and a nice room

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Handy to airport.

Room 200 was directly above very noisy echoing reception with people arriving all night and leaving very early in the morning- it was difficult to get a decent sleep. I asked to be relocated at 11:30pm and told it should quieten down ...but it didn’t. Bedside lamp didn’t work, phone wasn’t connected, uselessly large shower base and tiny bathroom sink (no plug) little room for a toilet bag. Sticky stains on the cushions on the bed. No where to plug phone charger in alongside bed.

Handy to airport. The shuttle is good as it runs often. The bar and food is pretty good.

Good if you can sleep through all the noise.

Not good for light sleepers or people with kids. The rooms have absolutely no sound proofing. Heard every single person come and go all through the night. Kind of like the whole hotel was made out of paper.

Room was clean and large.

Good Airport location in Melbourne.

Near the airport and was a little noisy. Other than that, no real issues and or problems.

Appreciated the service from the Airport to the Hotel and vice versa in the morning. Older rooms, but well-maintained and clean with sufficient amenities. Just used as an overnight, came in late and left early. Comfortable bed.

Clean, comfortable, handy to airport, efficient shuttle...

As the room catered for up to 4 people in 2 queen sized beds, it would have been better with a second mirror outside of the bathroom

Clean, comfortable, handy to airport, efficient shuttle service. Also there was food available until 10.30pm in the bar.

Perfect for an overnight before an early flight.

The first room we received had not been cleaned. The restaurant food was quite disgusting and the waiter admitted that the butcher they purchased from was not good quality.

Location to the airport excellent. The second room we were given was excellent. The bed was very comfortable.

It was perfect for our needs. We had bikes with us, and they put them in a secure storage overnight.

All was all good, no negatives.

I had to pick up a rental vehicle on the morning of check out. It looked like this would be an easy walk, but it wasn't, so they took me in the shuttle to the car rental depot. Totally didn't expect that, but very much appreciated.

Always a pleasure to stay at ciloms

Always our choice for a place to stay when flying in or out, the pool/spa is a brilliant stress reliever. The all you can eat buffet is a great draw card. The airport shuttle bus makes our trips so easy. We have stayed at Ciloms for many years and will keep returning.

Nice friendly staff good facilities and efficient pick up...

Nothing to report my preference would have been for a ground floor room due to my age.

Nice friendly staff good facilities and efficient pick up from Tulla

functional airport stop over

bathroom was a bit small and the floor got very wet when using the shower

surprisingly quiet for its location and occupancy. Good choice of food for dinner and breakfast.

Appreciated the use of the courtesy bus to pick-up our son...

Nothing really. Slightly noisy as people walk by.

Appreciated the use of the courtesy bus to pick-up our son and his wife from the international terminal. Also enjoyed the evening buffet.

It was short, and peaceful.

I hated their teabags!

Staff were business like, but also friendly and intuitive.... I was asked what I was looking for the moment I looked lost. Enjoyed my breakfast.

Will never go back and are already telling friends to never stay there.
    • Queen Room with Spa Bath

Rooms were very noisy. Security staff was outside in the back carpark talking at the top of his voice on his mobile for easy 10-15 minutes at 10.30pm and he eventually ended his call when he was told to be quiet. We had to get up at 4am for an early morning flight so we didn't get much sleep at all that night due to the noisy corridors and people walking past talking at the top of their voices. First room that was allocated to us stunk of cigarette and we had to be moved to another room which was no-where near worth the $199 that we paid. Bed made the loudest noise everytime we rolled over.

Great Airport Stopover Accommodation

The rooms are all off a very long hallway and you always get the people that have no respect for others sleeping. Groups were coming in late and leaving early, talking very loudly as they walk down the hallway.

Close to airport and 24 hour courtesy bus was a real bonus. They even dropped off at the local shopping centre and collected us again. We will book hear again if we need to stopover. Lunch and Dinner Meals at the bar were reasonably priced but breakfast was a bit steep for what you got.

Great price if needing accommodation near Melbourne airport

As we didn’t get there till after 8pm I was disappointed that when I asked @ 9pm where the pool was I was told it closes @ 9.30pm. So only myself was able to have a quick dip😫

The price was the reason...we had an early flight from Melbourne airport the next day so I booked 3 rooms for my family to relax the night before. This was the best price & not too far from airport also they had a shuttle bus that drove us to airport included in price.

Ok for an overnight stay

Decor needed updating, tear in carpet between the beds. The swimming pool was located in another building but the changing rooms (which consisted of a toilet and shower, nowhere to sit to change or to leave clothes) were in the main building. There was also a metal fence with barbed wire top outside the bedroom window.

Staff were very helpful in the restaurant and free shuttle to and from airport which was about 4 minutes away.

Will not stay again unless a room upgrade is available

We have stayed here several times and are reluctant to stay again. Our room appeared to have been broken into at some stage the door had timber off it and was hard to shut also the chain had been cut. The bed was really bouncy and not stable. We came in on the evening and the staff were friendly in the restaurant but the next morning the breakfast staff were not friendly and breakfast was food left in warmers and not fresh. The bread was in bags and no utensils for getting it out therefore everyone was putting their hands in the bags. Hygiene is definately not their priority.

This has become very budget accommodation and should be starred accordingly.

Disappointing.

Being slightly disabled & a smoker, I was put on the 3rd floor. I had asked for a ground floor close to the front. This happened on both journeys.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

A little tired & more attention to cleaning would be advised.

The bed sham had a very nasty stain on it that would indicate a previous guests sexual adventures. No idea why cleaning staff hadnt removed & replaced it.

Spacious room.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Will be staying again before our next trip away in 2019.

Our only quibble is the very hard pillows. Usually end up tossing it out or sleeping flat. Some new pillows would be great! The bed is fine.

Everything was as good as the last few times we have stayed at Ciloms. We always feel like it is a comfortable place to return to either before or after a long plane trip.

The free pick-up and drop off at the airport.

The photos of the hotel show it in a better light than what is actually there.

The free pick-up and drop off at the airport. It's very efficient and is the reason for us staying there. The bed was very comfortable and the towels were great. Everything else was average.

We felt it was slightly over priced for the room size and the decor.

Staff were very helpful and the courtesy shuttle to the airport was amazing. Service overall was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Ciloms, clean comfortable. Location to & Shuttle bus to Airport 👍🏻

The food, not sure if adjoining venue is part of Ciloms but only place to eat. I ate & did not become ill but was expecting to bit ordinary

Found Ciloms clean with lovely room size. beds comfortable. Amenities very clean. Their Shuttle bus service to Airport a god sent we flew Quantas & shuttle dropped us off straight out front much appreciated

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

will stay again

noise outside window with late arrivals

meals offered were great value, ease to get to air terminal and return pickup, restaurant on site saves chasing a meal

Not pleased with Ciloms.
    • Executive Queen Room

When I booked I asked for a room close to the front. Both times my room was on the 3rd floor. I have a chest complaint & I’m unable to walk well as my legs are not working properly.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Comfy stay before long haul flight

Affordable and cosy accommodation nearby Melbourne airport, very kind and helpful staff, fast check in, very efficient (free) shuttle transfer from/to airport, and clean and well-equipped rooms. I really liked the inside architecture of the curved hotel corridors with brick walls.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

the service that takes you and picks you up from the airport...

poorly soundproofed. When at midnight guests entered the adjoining rooms, they could hear the shower.

the service that takes you and picks you up from the airport is very good

A good get away
    • Queen Room with Spa Bath

Everything was good except for the spa, it seemed like it hadnt been clean for ages. A lot of built up and hair came out of the spa generator things

the service. The staff made arrangements and organised our room for us to check in earlier. The location was good and close to Airport too.

Good location close to airport with free transfer

Drop off at airport transfer was a long way to walk to Terminal 4 at Tullamarine

Spacious Room, Spa was good but difficult to get in and out and on/off switch was across the other side of the pool enclosure.