Reviews of City Waters 3 stars

118 Terrace Road, Perth CBD, 6000 Perth, Australia

#77 of 109 hotels in Perth

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

All in all it was quite pleasant
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Is was a little dark in the room, lack of natural light

It was very quiet during the nights and beds were done dayly,also we got fresh towls every day,we appreciated it.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

The staff here are phenomenal (friendly, informative and...
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The internet connection was patchy at best. Routinely dropped out and disconnected. This was disappointing as when traveling overseas (and without access to my data plan) I expect to be able to send and receive work e-mails from my accommodation.

The staff here are phenomenal (friendly, informative and helpful) and the communication from City Waters prior to and during my stay was exceptional! Honestly top marks for communication and interaction. Excellent location, close to the CBD and Elizabeth Quay.

The hotel located at strategic area.
    • Studio Apartment (3 Adults)

The hotel located at strategic area. Near to bus stop Adelaide Terrace (Novotel hotel will be the landmark). Enjoying sunset at Langley park & Walk to CBD around 20 minute. Most important is, friendly & very helpful staff. Had a very good experience there. Definitely will repeat.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Amazing views and incredible staff

Stairs no elevator

Balcony room was booked and supplied even though they have only two on the property. The view was magnificent . Staff friendly and extra helpful.

Strategic location

Location was good. Within walking distance (5 minutes) to city centre yet still nestled behind main buildings. Good view of the Swan River from the accommodation. Cafe on the side of the accommodation block serving warm sandwiches and chicken rice was a great pick me up.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Too expensive for what you get!
    • Studio Apartment (4 Adults)

Dirty wall instead of headboard on bed. AC made loud dripping noise even wgen not in use and kept us awake.

Location right opposite the river. Mostly clean. Car park right outside our room for free.

Enjoyable
    • Studio Apartment (4 Adults)

Thank you for your hospitality. Know complaints

Everything. Staff awesome, very helpful.. Position close to our needs and easy to get around the city. Comfy beds.

Decor changes would make a difference.
    • Studio Apartment (1 Adult)

Air con was a bit noisy, but worked. The apartment was generally clean though at first glance you'd say it was dirty looking. Carpet was old, marked and cheap looking.

The scenery. Being able to see and walk along the Swan River was picturesque. Though its a hilly climb up to the main city streets.

Amazing
    • Superior Studio

No negatives, had a great time all round

The location is perfect - close to shops/cafes etc.. right across from a beautiful park looking over the water! Staff are so so friendly! Theres a whole kitchen room, and personalised welcome sign. Just amazing! Will make this my go to hotel for all my future perth stays!

we in a room that has been done up, it looks great.

nothing.

we in a room that has been done up, it looks great. we have stayed at city water few times. staff are happy to help, across from the park . thank you.

I had issues with our car, and my kids & I were stuck in the parking lot for about 7 hours after che
    • Studio Apartment (3 Adults)

Room was dated, but clean & comfortable.

Staff were extremely helpful. Langley park & kids playground across the road. Great little patisserie on the corner.

Was comfortable enough and close to everywhere we needed to go!

Beds were very firm.

Bedrooms were roomy. Self contained kitchen. Bathroom had a bath which the kids loved. Tv in both bedrooms. Surprisingly quiet at night.

Very basic and old but good location
    • Studio Apartment (4 Adults)

The furniture is very old and basic, the bunk bed made a lot of noise, really annoying. That bathroom was clean but in need of a renovation.

The location is great and the kitchen is ok.

Great hotel, walking distance to everything & Free parking
    • Superior Studio

Location, nice, clean, self contained room & parking on site. It is close to everything you need, walking distance to restaurants, cafe's, shopping & opposite the Swan River. Kitchen stocked very well

Was perfect for what we were staying for.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

A key to the second adjoined room just in case someone gets locked in, which we did have a scare about.

Plenty of room and kitchen facilities which were very handy.

Not to recommend until improvements seen

Mentioned as previously

Room very Dark, A/C noise unbearable. Wifi only available for 1 hour for one guest is completely out of acceptable level. Understand this property is trying to improve but price cannot justify the quality. Not value for money when charging this amount when the standard is to be improved. Staff is helpful.

See you next year!
    • Studio Apartment (3 Adults)

A couple of basic things our bathroom hand towel and floor mat weren't replaced, and plug missing for kitchen sink.

We were able to keep our parking bay during our stay. Any questions were answered straight away

I will be back
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

This was the best value for money and prime location to explore the whole of Perth and Northbridge on foot . We parked our car and didn't get in it again until we checked out 3 days later.

4.0
    Terrible
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The place was a dump. Didn’t expect to much for the price but it was shocking need to be brought into 2018. To be perfectly honest it needs demolishing. We asked for a late check out which we were advised we could leave at 11 am. The night before our check out we also asked if we could leave our car parked in their car park until 3pm on the day of check out and was told “no problems” . When the key was handed into reception we confirmed for a second time if it was still ok to leave our car in their car park again we were told yes it’s no problem. Then just before 3pm we got in our car only to find a letter under the windshield advising we were going to be fined $150. We then went to reception to be told all would ok it was a mistake but the chap was very reluctant to sign some form of state ment to confirm we wouldnt be fined. After several minutes he did however signed saying no fee would be charged but he was not happy. Apart from the location this place was more like Cellblock H will never return and will advise others the same

Location perfect

If I wasnt disabled and I had company I'd probably feel ok staying on a lower level.
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

A lift and a shower not inside a bathtub

I asked for a hairdryer in advance so I didnt have to carry one. There wasnt ine in my room so I went ti office who promised me one..I never did get one although they sent me a photo of the room after I left showing a pucture of one in my room. It wasnt there whilst I was but I dont like being lied to. The shower was over the bathtub and I have spinal issues so had trouble using it. Also there is no lift and I was on 3rd floor which hurt my spine dragging my suitcase up & down. The office was still shut at 7.10am when I left although the sign said it opened at 7am. Bit disappointed by that. The unit was spacious with everything I needed (except hairdryer). Bed was very comfy but I didn't sleep well because the front door was glass with a safety chsin (which defeated the purpose). I didnt feel safe with a glass door. (Ive had a prev nasty experience elsewhere thinking I was safe when it turned out I wasnt)! Apart from those issues its quite a good location. Pity its so far from any CAT or other bus services. I had to drag my case up Hill St to Hay Street ti catch my bus because couldnt afford a taxi. I give it a 6/10.

location great, price great but bed and room kind of gross.
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Not usually one to write reviews good or bad but this needs to be said.... Sheets were old and had stains. Room had a smell to it, sort of like curry or something old / musky. Worst was the room was housing what must of been a community of mosquitoes, my partner got bitten so much she had trouble sleeping on the 2nd and 3rd night, she now has big sores.

The rooms aren’t amazing but for the little amount they...
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The rooms aren’t amazing but for the little amount they charge, it’s very good value for money and location is perfect! Walking distance to Elizabeth Quay.

Great location and accommodation served our purpose.
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

* Bathroom needs brighter lighting. * Air conditioning was not very efficient. * Bed was very hard. Given that we chose budget accommodation we accept the 70's decor and the points above. However, if wanting repeat business the above points should be addressed.

The convenient location. Parking on site (if arriving early enough) Room was well equipped.

I only stayed overnight on the way to work (FIFO) but would stay again if on sale at the right rate
    • Studio Apartment (1 Adult)

The room is looking very dated and could do with a paint job and some new carpets as they are worn and badly stained. There are unidentified red spatter marks on the ceiling and the curtains had to be fixed so I could get them closed.

Lyn on reception was excellent with her prompt service to rectify the curtain issue and in getting the WiFi to hook up. Great location as it is close to the River and the Water Front Precinct and a great little Asian restaurant just a 100 metres down the road.

Conveniently located to CBD with car parking.
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Car parking a little tight on busy night. The price reflects the dated decor but still value for money.

Good quiet central location with car parking. Easy to find and access by car.

Great convenient location in Perth CBD, major bus lines only...
    • Studio Apartment (1 Adult)

Tired old interior definitely overdue for renovation. Bit of a seedy atmosphere around the premises sometimes. Seemed to be signs and notices everywhere threatening extra fees and charges for all kinds of things.

Great convenient location in Perth CBD, major bus lines only a block away, nice outlook across the street to the river. Fully equipped kitchen. Good price for the location. It was OK for a one night stay.

When you book from internet and you arrive late, you only...
    • Studio Apartment (3 Adults)

When you book from internet and you arrive late, you only have one hour Wifi, and you need to wait until the next morning to have you free voucher for you stay. As always, this wasn't said, so it was a bad surprise.

We didn't sleep there due to the smell and were unable to get our money back. Very disappointed
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The room smelt so bad that we couldn't sleep there. The walls were grimy around the bed areas and the carpets were very stained and sticky to walk on.

Overnight in cbd
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Late check in box didn’t work, let in by onsite caretaker staff but no key so couldn’t leave! Reception 9-5 so couldn’t complain when leaving early. Thin walls and a lot of noise from outside events close by that we had no warning of.

Pillows and towels were good, bed was comfortable and it was cheap and central

Excellent budget option for a good night's sleep
    • Studio Apartment (1 Adult)

No shelf or bench in the bathroom. Low clearance on the staircase meant I hit my head twice.

Basic but well equipped. Bathroom was renovated. Bed was comfortable and area was quiet at night. Only a short walk to Adelaide Terrace.

Great value for money
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Car parking is a bit tricky mostly because other guests don't park between the lines so it makes parking my dual cab ute very tight. The turning area at the end of the property is very tight for a large vehicle but again mostly because other guests don't park with any consideration .

The room was clean and comfortable. It has a well equipped kitchen plus a full bath in the bathroom. It is very good value for money.

Have spent same amount at nicer places, but suited a need.
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Motel style, with permanent residents.Unfortunately the building is tired, and the staff treat you as though you have criminal intentions. Photo Id copied, suspicion if you don't want to leave c/card impression, but do allow a $150 cash deposit, that they don't return until they have gone to inspect the room, which lengthened checkout. Seems top heavy with this process for a place where the floor of the wardrobe is a bit of wood covering a hole.

It was easy to get to, and if you had a car, there was parking. Door lock not tricky, plenty of room if you were staying for a while. Foreshore a stones throw away, cafe and restaurant a 2 min walk.

Location was good.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was a smell to the room when we opened the door. One TV remote didn't work. Carpark facilities could be better, very tight space driving through.

Location was good. Price was reasonable for Perth CBD accommodation.

Ok to stay 1 or 2 nights
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Not really clean, there was a party going on next door till the police had to intervent

Good location, near the river. Walking distance to the jetty / water front

Perth has good weather and place of interest.
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

No Free WiFi. Nowhere to sit down inside or outside reception.

Lovely view of the Swan River. Easy walking distance to the Elizabeth quay and ferries, tourist bus and city centre. Friendly staff changed our room to downstairs to avoid stairs.

i am happy to found and stay here.
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

it you book via bookings, you wont get the wifi.

The room is nice and comfortable. eventhough the interior is outdated but all in all it is good and i an happy to stay

Ok. The location was great and easy walking distance to the city even with the kids.
    • Studio Apartment (4 Adults)

The carpet was so dirty and needs replacing. If it was replaced the room would of seemed a lot nicer.

Location was good and being able to park the car safely and leave it.

Good stay for the perfect location

No lift for elder.

The location is great. It’s walkable to tourist sites.The furniture outdated but the room is clean. The staffs are friendly. Don’t expect you received the service as you stay in five star hotel. It’s good for family trip, it’s kind of semi-apartment hotel.

This was very good value budget accommodation close to the city.
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

We stayed for 3 nights in a studio apartment. The apartments are quite old but fully refurbished and comfortable. We had two beds (one single and one queen) with a table and 3 chairs as well as a flat-screen TV. The separate kitchen and bathroom provided a very good noise buffer between the bedroom and the central car parking and access area. The kitchen was well equipped with full size refrigerator, microwave/convection oven and gas cooktop. There was a good supply of crockery, cutlery and pyrex dish. The bathroom was a good size and included a bath with a shower above – good hot water. The location was very convenient to the Swan River and City of Perth and there was good information provided about the area.

Location near to Swan River and public transport.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not enough chair, light not bright enough.

Location near to Swan River and public transport. Group of friends can stay together in the 2 rooms apartment.

It is a nice place for a nights sleep, nothing fancy, the...
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

It is a nice place for a nights sleep, nothing fancy, the room was clean enough for the properties age and the staff were helpful. Well located to East Perth

City Waters - Affordable and Comfortable home in Perth
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

City Waters is in the city besides Swan River where the view is amazing. The main shopping area and the church is walkable. Hotel rooms are very comfortable with good kitchen facilities. Iron and iron board is also available in thr room so there is not much to ask for the reception. House keeping comes everyday at 11 am to clean the place so its very tidy too. Overall its a wonderful place to stay and will stay again.

Comfortable Stay
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Good CBD location near the Swan River and only a 10min walk to the nearest free Cat Bus stop/service (perth mint). The room was spacious with a well equipped kitchen and comfortable beds...The office staff were excellent!

Good but....!
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The extra 50$ I had to pay, because I booked the room via booking.com! They gave me a password, and that was not neccesary to go on line! If you book directly to them wifi is free, that is not honest!

Close to the city!

Very dissapointed
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The room was not cleaned properly for the two weeks we stayed. The room was vacummed once in two weeks. We constantly found broken pieces of glass on the floor. We accidently broke a tea bag and the contents spilt on the floor. They stayed there for three days and were still there on the day we checked out.

Not much

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The room is very clean n tidy
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room is very clean n tidy We didnt expect much, but it was beyond our expectation. The room is big enough for 5 of us. The toilet is clean, bed is comfy... Kitchen tools are all on great condition.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

The Unit was very dark and the lights were not that bright.
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The Unit was very dark and the lights were not that bright. Even in the middle of the day, the unit was very dark. Apart from that the unit was average.

Value for money..

None this time.

The strategic location of this property is most ideal and should be highlighted in promotion. Numbers of attractions site are located nearby eg: Elizabeth Quay, Bell Tower and good restaurants.

Good value for the money.
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

There were limited restaurants in the immediate area except the Maid Marion Cafe, which was very good for breakfast by the way.

Although it was a dated property, it had everything we needed in a large room. The downtown was a 20 minute walk but a much better price than others in the area. The room was kept very clean and staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Great location, value for money and very friendly staff
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Perhaps the bathroom but not really an issue. It would also be nice if all part of the hotel is non smoking as there are always people smoking on the balcony

Very friendly and helpful staff. Will stay there again and recommend to friends

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Location Great
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

wouldn't stay more than i night but served its purpose , read the fine print lots of hidden charges for not doing dishes etc

Stayed 1 night for a concert , was lucky we got a car park , bed comfy, location good

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Dont expect parking
    • Studio Apartment (3 Adults)

The parking was appaling. I drove 5hrs with a baby and two other children only to have to park a long way from city waters and carry all our belongings to and from.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Will stay again once interior gets updated.
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

although our apartment was nice and clean, the carpet stains were really disgusting. curtains looked pretty sad.

Very well located for our visit. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

I enjoyed being there and will return when in Perth.
    • Studio Apartment (1 Adult)

One night there was a ruckus in the middle of the night (someone banging relentlessly on a door and shouting out)that went on for a long time. This was not the fault of the management.

The flat was well equipped and provided complimentary tea/coffee/sugar/milk which was topped up daily. The flat was spacious. The cleaning staff were efficient and unobtrusive. The office staff were helpful. The premises were very clean and well organised.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Disappointed - parking sucks
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Complete lack of parking and havng to pay for taxi due to this. Also the way your staff couldnt care less that your mother uses a walker and if your car was needed or to be close by for emergency wasnt their problem. Their attitude sucks! What motel dosent have 1 bay assigned to a paid room. Maybe you should update your wwb with this fact and see how many bookings you get then because the amount of angry people there on Australia day upset about not being able to park at their room was astronimcal. You dont really catee for disabled people no non slop bath mat and little room between park cars and door also drains didnt help.

Location that was the only reason we wantes to be able to walk across to the skywotks.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Good value for money - you get what you pay for
    • Studio Apartment (4 Adults)

You have to wash up any crockery you use or be charged $40 per hour for a cleaner (?).

The facilities in the room were good e.g. microwave, toaster, kettle, hob. Also good value for money - you get what you pay for

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Have stayed here before, will stay here again...
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Location brilliant, bed hard and comfortable, little outside noise, shower excellent, great location on river in quiet end of town, next to good Irish pub and Dome restaurant for breakfast one block away...

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Overall Good.
    • Studio Apartment (3 Adults)

The overall structure is a bit old.

Just a 15 minutes walk to Swan Bell Tower and Town. A 5minute walk to the nearest free bus station. Wifi is good enough to support.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

A modest establishment, but it was very conveniently located...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

You didn't get free WiFi if you booked online.

A modest establishment, but it was very conveniently located for us, and offered excellent value for money for our family of 6. The staff were very good.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Happy stay within expectation

Aging facility expected.

Good location for CBD Perth, on-site parking, full kitchen. 200m from Swan River promenade, 15 mins walk to CBD shopping. Near to major hotels. Excellent staff.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Very convenient to everything.
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Too many drunks and devious looking characters staying there, (looked like permanents). Maybe its a halfway house. TV could be bigger as a long way from beds. Knives need sharpening.

Comfy beds, good kitchen facilities, relatively quiet, nice staff, good value, great location, clean.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

An absolute dump that should be closed.
    • Studio Apartment (1 Adult)

Power went off when I plugged in their iron so no TV or aircon. Mucked around while receptionist checked the switchboard. I asked if she was an electrician which she isn't. No other rooms available. Promised refund so I packed up and went to reception. Had to wait 20 mins as it was full of guests. Booked elsewhere. Then she reneged on refund. Showed me Booking.com booking and kept repeating No Refund. After trying to rationalise with her realised it was a waste of time. No manager available. Went back next day and managed to get back 2 of the 3 days i payed for. Room was up 3rd floor and no lift. Stunk like a Chinese Restaurant. Everything was old and decrepit. Management as you would expect of such a dump. This place is a fire trap and should be shut down. If the power sparked instead of blowing the fuse god knows what would happen. If you are a backpacker this may be better than a swag. If not stay anywhere else. The Booking.com info and rating is absolute rubbish and it should be removed rather than recommended. An absolute dump, health and fire hazard. I have also reported this to the fire brigade and the council. Disgraceful.

The taxi ride there was good. The taxi out of there was much better. The next motel I went to was a real motel. It was clean and everything worked. Staff were trained and spoke English. I could iron my clothes and not risk burning the place down. Oh and it had a lift, gym and a restaurant. There was nothing I liked about this place.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

ok basic accomodation
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

no sink plugs to wash up or shave. other residents smoking on balconys dropping ash on cars below.Noisy old type aircon

location ,price pastry shop nearby

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

The desk staff showed me a lot of respect due that I stayed...
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The desk staff showed me a lot of respect due that I stayed at city waters a few times even asked me if I would like a ground floor room every stay

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

best location for oktoberfest and visiting bars around town
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

there is no elevator or lift. not a problem for me but my friend doesnt like stairs

best location for oktoberfest and visiting bars around town

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Comfy, clean rooms atlhough a little dated it was a...
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Comfy, clean rooms atlhough a little dated it was a wonderful place to stay for a week

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Perfect Location

Perfect Location

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Road work 7pm to 7am

Budget accommodation. Felt unsure about safety.
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Car parking was overcrowded and and I had to park on the street as someone had taken my space

Price. Budget accommodation

great location
    • Executive Room

great location

I will recommend for all my friends and family stay at city waters if them going to perth

No lif,

More convenient

Fabulous

They charged us $5 dollars for breaking a glass

Lovely style and great location

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Very enjoyable stay.
    • Executive Room

Has cooking facilities. Nice to be able to cook a meal.

Could hear other guests through walls

Could hear other guests through walls

Great location at a reasonable price
    • Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Great location, comfy bed, cooking facilities, fantastic communication regarding late check-in and early check-out