Reviews of Commodore Regent 4 stars

13 Brisbane Street, 7250 Launceston, Australia

#15 of 33 hotels in Launceston

Great place to stay

One of the single bed dipped a little in the middle but was ok room 18

We stay here the last 4 times when we have launceston and will keep coming back. Great location. Friendly staff, nice clean rooms.

Could have been better- staff should check fridge working-not up to clients-no restaurant is poor.
    • Premium Twin Room

Did not inform at time of booking - restaurant closed for renovations- we had to get food - fridge froze all our milk and supplies - wasted.

Clean - well priced- good location

Need to look into exterminators
    • Family Room

Everything in that hotel was great until a mass of ants come out of no where.. we did have food in the room but was not exposed... as a hotel I think ants in a room wasn't something pleasant.. otherwise is all good.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

I'll be back.
    • Premium Queen Suite

It would be great to see the breakfast with less waste generated. So much packaging for every little item. For a little inconvenience, they could make a massive difference. And be a point of difference from all the other hotel/motel continental breakfast of packet cereal, packet spreads, small containers of yogurt, etc etc. In the long run it would probably cost the hotel less to buy in bulk and have resealable containers. Also, bit of a shame that the resturant isn't open on Sunday and Mondays but understanidable during the quite months.

Nice, cosy heating in the room

Unimpressed
    • Premium Twin Room

We understand that a card number is held in case of damage or theft etc but why is it necessary to put a hold of $50 on our account (in addition to full payment of our room) and I've been advised it will not be removed for 3 to 4 days?!

Spacious, good bed

The bed had electric blankets and the shower was amazing
    • Premium Twin Room

The room was really dirty and the lady on reception wasn’t rude but acted like she couldn’t be bothered either

The bed had electric blankets and the shower was amazing

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Good value for money
    • Premium Twin Room

Good value for money, good location, we only stayed one night and had to catch an early flight so didn't have the opportunity to try out the restaurant etc.

Staff were friendly and accommodating.
    • Premium Twin Room

The rooms are quite dated and very cold even with the heater on.

Staff were friendly and accommodating. Went over and above expectations stating back to check us in after hours when our flight was delayed and organizing a porta cot last minute.

Comfortable nights sleep & great staff.
    • Premium Twin Room

Very helpful and friendly staff. Right across the road from City Park and walking distance to cafes & shops. Having a comfortable bed with an electric blanket was fantastic. Would definitely stay here again.

Fine
    • Premium Twin Room

The first room we were given had not been checked and was still unmade/dirty Thankfully we received an upgrade!!

The views from upstairs and the electric blankets on the bed

We booked two rooms, both were covered with ants.

We booked two rooms, both were covered with ants. Any food/drinks we would leave out the ants would be all over them. Resulting in us throwing the food and drinks out. They ended up in our bags and makeup bags. It’s really disgusting. Some even in the bed. Really really disappointed with our stay, and more disappointed as the staff never offered some sort of refund or anything once we told them of our problem.

Staff were great - our room had ants in it and they...
    • Premium Queen Suite

Room was a bit small Could hear other people very easily

Staff were great - our room had ants in it and they immediately changed our rooms. Bathroom larger than expected

warm and comfy, friendly staff
    • Premium Queen Suite

I booked a room with a double bed and got one with 2 single beds pushed together which wasn't comfortable for me and my partner and only 1 electric blanket worked as other was not plugged in.

I left something in my room they rang me up to say they had found it and wrapped it to post and took to post office for me all I had to do was pay postage when it got to me. Great location close to shops easy to find.

Great customer service, handy to town
    • Premium Queen Suite

Room up steepish driveway, top of the building, would hsve liked to have been informed due to bsck issues, wet day, etc

I was very happy with the chsnge of dates, a low fee, no cancellation policy. They were very accommodating to my plsns.

A most enjoyable stay.Close to city & Park.
    • Premium Queen Suite

Cold breeze coming under the door.

Comfortable bed.Clean room .Modern spacious bathroom. Very close to town & restuurants. The lovely city park over the road.

wouldnt stay again !
    • Family Room

Ants requested to be moved from room, was attended to I believe but still reappeared. Unable to access steep entrance to property on crutches, as steps didn't commence until a third of the way up the driveway/walkway.Ok but didn't meet expectations as frontage showed in images are of restaurant which looks great but rear accommodation only fair.

location opposite park entertaining for kids, easy walk around CBD

I would stay here again if I got the same view from the room.
    • Premium Queen Suite

The downside was the number of stairs I had to take to get to my room - carrying my luggage. A lift would have been great.

The location of the Commodore and the view from my room were the best. Very handy to the centre of town and the places I wanted to visit. The view over the city was the highlight.

Comfortable and clean
    • Premium Queen Suite

Not being told about the $50 credit card charge which was added in case damage was done. This is a payment not mentioned untill check in and not given back until the day after checkout.

Clean large room

• Premium Queen Suite

Requested a complimentary late checkout, but was told that it would cost me an extra $40. A toaster in the room would have been useful.

Room was very comfortable, and the location is very central to the city.

Great accommodation, perfect location and good value for money
    • Premium Queen Suite

It was a pity the restaurant wasn’t open as I was there Sunday - Tuesday.

Lovely comfortable accommodation. Very close to CBD - walking distance. Lovely helpful staff who kindly booked me a taxi. Free parking.

Good location, lovely parking and very helpful staff.
    • Premium Twin Room

Spaciousness of both room and bathroom was great. Vouchers included for wifi were good, lovely sized milks (not those tiny dots), and excellent shower too.

Pleasant stay, nice location, managed to walk to the football satisfactorily
    • Premium Twin Room

We were appalled at the price of the room which wasn't what you'd expect for the price, TV could have been a larger size for the size of the room and without Foxtel as well, light beside the bed needed a new globe, the catch/opener in the bedroom window is about to fall off (sorry I forgot to report that - room 25), no toiletries, and I expected a daily newspaper, and no lift, although it was only one floor, but my mobility isn't excellent.

The bed was excellent, the bathroom was adequate, (good shower), meal was good

The bathroom
    • Premium Queen Suite

The fridge was noisy and woke us up. The room was very warm so we had to sleep with air conditioning on even though it was less than 20° outside.

The bathroom

Affordable, relaxing, very comfortable, exceptionally clean and all important - top water pressure
    • Premium Twin Room

That we only stayed one night.

The room was exceptionally clean, well payed out, beautiful clean bathroom with excellent water pressure and luxurious towels and decent toilet paper. Staff friendly. Check-in very easy.

Will not stay here again
    • Premium Twin Room

Property insisted on a $50 pre-auth payment on top of the room fee and does NOT accept pay pass to do this. Parking for large vehicles is VERY tight and be careful of damage to your car from others.

Location was good

A bit outdated, but adequate, good value,very clean and nice and close to shops etc.
    • Premium Queen Suite

The restaurant wasn't open on a Monday night which I thought was pretty strange although this forced me to walk into town to find somewhere to eat which was not an unpleasant experience. I think , in the Tasmanian winter though, this would definitely be a hindrance to business travelers like me after a long day.

Close to the CBD

This place could be so much better
    • Premium Queen Suite

Flat-screen TVs mounted on paper-thin walls - we could hear everything from the rooms either side of us. Air-conditioning that did not work. The combination of both meant that we slept very poorly - particularly on the Saturday night. A TV remote control with flat batteries. A tour bus that seemed to reverse in every morning sometime around 7am - the beeping as it reversed up the steep slope would have woken everybody in the hotel. Facilities in the room were very sparse - OK for one-night stays, but very poor for those of us staying multiple nights. No toaster, no microwave, no plates, no cutlery, no bottle-opener. We'd been in Tasmania holidaying for 2 weeks and every other place we stayed had most of these.

Within walking distance of the CBD. The restaurant is nice - reasonably priced too.

Great location. Highly recommended.
    • Premium Twin Room

The staff always kept things clean and tidy. Ample parking spots were available. We arrived in the morning on a public holiday and thought that we would have to wait for hours before we could check in, but they let us check in before 11am. That gave us much more time to travel around.

Amazing would stay there again next time I am in Launceston very enjoyable experience
    • Family Room

When I booked forgot to say that my mum was 88years old and had a walking stick . The young gir Lorisa hope I have spelt her name right but she was absolutely beautiful she said her alarm bells where ringing and changed our room to accommodate her so that she didn’t have to climb stairs she was amazing young lady and I would rate her 10 out of 10 for customer service nothing was to much trouble forever grateful the rest of the staff very friendly ❤️❤️

Check in staff were fantastic, all staff I dealt with were...

If you have mobility issues request a room downstairs.

Check in staff were fantastic, all staff I dealt with were lovely and helpful. Rooms were clean and quiet, excellent blockout curtains. Modern clean bathroom.

Steeply sloped property, many many steps up to even a "ground-floor" room; 10-min. walk from town
    • Premium Queen Suite

I down-rated the staff not because they weren't friendly and nice; but because the manager neglected to train the receptionist in how to do her work--basic things, like you need to program the key card; and you need to program it for BOTH days. Very annoying, especially because this place is built on a steep lot and there are endless sets of steps to get up and down. Also, reception doesn't open until 8:00 a.m.

It was a good, average motel about a 10-min. walk into town. The young fellow who strips the rooms agreed to carry my heavy bag down to reception and see that it was securely stored after I had to leave at 7 a.m. to catch a tour (he and I talked the day before). Located across the street from a large, lovely city park (complete with Japanese monkeys).

Basic but reasonable value for money.
    • Premium Twin Room

Original room had maintenance issues. Replacement room was older, unrenovated but a lot quieter. Reception not manned on Sunday afternoons. Restaurant not open Sundays or Mondays.

Location was handy to tourist attractions.

Very enjoyable and will certainly book again when next in Launceston
    • Premium Queen Suite

Drawer space for clothes would be appreciated. Foxtel service on television would be appreciated by sports fans.

Bed was excellent and the staff absolutely first class. Nothing was any trouble and every request was carried out immediately. Air conditioning very easy to operate and effective.

Would recommended to friends.
    • Premium Queen Suite

Unfortunately a disturbance during the night on several occasions, possibly from industrial machinery.

Property was very clean and comfortable. Dinner was most enjoyable, dining room staff alert and very pleasant.

the locations was good & the bed was very comfy.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

I paid the extra $80 for the spa suite to treat my wife for the evening, but it was a bit disappointing to find that the push plug leaked considerably enough that we couldn't use the bath at all, the most disappointing thing about it was no refund or voucher,

the locations was good & the bed was very comfy.

Somewhat confusing due to payment mixup, but otherwise OK.
    • Premium Twin Room

Double-charged because of problem between booking agency and hotel (not our problem). Had to produce e-mail receipt and bank statement to prove original payment made in December. Asked for ground floor unit at time of booking, and got upstairs unit.

Bed comfortable, permission to leave car for a week while we travelled by bus.

Beautiful sunshine enjoyed whilst visiting excellent City Park opposite :)
    • Premium Queen Suite

Room was non-smoking but smoker in next room was able to smoke at table outside close to our room, so smell wafted into our room.

Great location opposite City Park, walking distance to shops, restaurants, Automobile Museum and much more!

Bathroom was fairly new, good standard
    • Premium Queen Suite

First impression was that the room was a bit bare. This merely because big space left for 3rd bed (folded under the double bed), but chairs / table could have been moved to compensate.

Bathroom was fairly new, good standard

We were three girlfriends, and were delighted the get a room...

not applicable.

We were three girlfriends, and were delighted the get a room with 3 beds. Thank you Close to the main shops, and a beautiful park opposite. With monkeys !

Convenient location, friendly staff but absolutely basic accommodation
    • Premium Twin Room

Having to go to reception for tea and coffee supplies on arrival. People were smoking on the walkway adjacent to the rooms so you had to walk through clouds of cigarette smoke to get into your room. The general walkway and stair area was extremely dirty. The cleaner came to clean the room 1 hour before checkout. There are NO lifts in the facility.

The staff were friendly and accommodating. The restaurant was good.

Very comfy bed and close to town
    • Premium Twin Room

We had to ask for a toaster and cutlery Also had to park well away from our room as no designated parking, very hard with the hill

Very comfy bed and close to town

The location is perfect, close to the center of Launceston,...
    • Premium Queen Suite

The Wifi is of very bad quality and the amount of data so limited, it is barely useful.

The location is perfect, close to the center of Launceston, and our room had a great view on the park and the city. The staff was competent and nice. The restaurant was really amazing, with very good food, although a bit pricey.

Fabulous food, location and service!
    • Premium Queen Suite

The staff were wonderfully accomodating, booking the restaurant attached to to hotel and enabling us to have a very late dinner. They made us feel welcome even though we were the last people in the restaurant and di not rush us.

Annoyed
    • Premium Twin Room

Ripped me off. Increased the rate after quoted and agreed price was charged then charged extra $22.50 to my account the next day. Contacted them and they said was undercharged initially even though that was what was agreed when booking. Have not refunded my money.

Would highly recommend the Commodore Regent
    • Premium Twin Room

Fantastic location with beautiful park across the road. Close to shops. Lovely clean, modern room and the staff were friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was excellent value.

Excellent except for the 2 things mentioned above.
    • Premium Queen Suite

The Airport Shuttle was not provided by the hotel and was a Service for the City and cost $14 each - which we thought was expensive. The other thing was that there was NO room service on Sunday and we were not advised at any time until I asked.

Location and room facilities.

Well
    • Premium Twin Room

The WiFi speed was appalling with only 300 kpbs, too slow to even stream anything from Netflix or Stan. In 2018, that is unacceptable. The free to air tv signal was weak too, with the signal dropping out and freezing/buffering many times while we tried to watch a movie or the news

The room and bathroom had clearly been renovated not too long ago which was a nice surprise

Convenient location and friendly staff.
    • Premium Queen Suite

The bed wasn't that comfortable, and Wi-Fi setup.

Parking on site. Convenient location. Friendly and helpful staff. Large room. Nice location opposite the park and a walk to restaurants. Fair value for money.

The place was nice and spacious, good location.
    • Premium Twin Room

The AC didn’t seem to work very well, we checked out early and couldn’t tell the staff but we still had an enjoyable stay :)

The place was nice and spacious, good location.

Worth staying just for the restaurant
    • Premium Queen Suite

Our room had the smokers table on the walkway outside so a little noisy at times.

Location and the restaurant - amazing food and that is why we stayed there on our return.

It was comfortable and convenient and I would stay again.
    • Premium Twin Room

The cleaning agent used to prepare the room had a strange odour........stale wine smell.

The spacious room and superbly comfy bed,beautiful big shower and air conditioning.

Excellent - when in Launceston we will stay at the Commodore Regent. Liked walking distance to CBD.
    • Premium Twin Room

NBN - Telstra were very slow at fixing WiFi. Clearly not a staff problem - other accommodation experienced the same problem. No A/C! 35 degree's and stiflingly hot over night at 26 degree's - even though the control showed 16. Apparently it had been recently serviced - staff arranged for maintenance which is all they could do.

Staff were very friendly. They immediately addressed the issue of a faulty A/C in room 11 when advised and moved us to Room 12 - also offered to assist. Reception provided a wine cooler full of ice immediately when asked if it was possible - excellent and very much appreciated. Appreciated the Laundry too.

Modern, Clean & Affordable
    • Premium Queen Suite

If I really had to be picky......no soap for shower. A shampoo/conditioner combo dispenser was stuck on the wall so we had to use that. Also the fridge could be a little bigger or better designed so it could fit a little more in.

Very clean & modern! Lots of space to spread out without having to put our things in drawers & have to try & find again! We have stayed in the hotels on either side in previous years & this one was by far the best.

The girl at reception was super friendly and helpful.
    • Premium Queen Suite

The girl at reception was super friendly and helpful. Room recently renovated, spotlessly clean and comfortable, conveniently situated, close to town. Great value, would definitely stay here again

The location was very convenience for walking to the town.
    • Premium Twin Room

Shampoo/conditioner could have beeb supplied.

The location was very convenience for walking to the town. The restaurant was superb. The food was exceptionally tasty and the service was excellent.

A clean, modest room with a view over Launceston and within reasonable walking distance.

Nothing to add

Recently refurbished rooms provided a very comfortable stay for us in Launceston. Modest accommodation but clean and spacious. This Hotel was within reasonable walking distance to everything in town.

It was okay.

It was somewhat dated.

The hotel is in a good location. The rooms were clean but the furniture could do with an update and one of the lamps had broken shades which wasn’t recent. The bathrooms were very good. It was quiet and the bed was comfortable.

Pleasant.
    • Family Room

seemed understaffed no room service on Sunday, extra charges for standard room items (toaster etc).

The room was large and comfortable, good air con, good bathroom, great shower. Very reasonable price.

Great location with spacious room however a bit of tweeking would give more value for money.
    • Premium Queen Suite

Had a late check in and had to collect keys from deposit box .. no envelope with my name but one with a similar name .. reception closed .. so took that one - i had pre paid and booked so my name would have been on file. No Wifi for the three days i was there . Room cleaned on second day however rubbish bag with rubbish was left on the bench in my room.

The rooms are spacious and the location is fantastic.

Very helpful staff.
    • Family Room

It was idifficultt for people with a problem with nanaging stairs. Thestaff assisted with the bags. We were given other rooms that were more easily assessable.

Clean

Good value in a central location.
    • Premium Twin Room

There were no toiletries in the room on check-in. Had to go on a hunt with the reception clerk. It's a fairly steep climb up from the street, with no elevator, and staircases if you're on the highest level (which is the farthest from the street, so quietest and best view). Not suitable for every traveller.

Good value for the money. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom is large with a good shower.

Overall we were very happy
    • Premium Twin Room

The walk up the steep driveway to reception and then to the room was a bit difficult.

The room was spacious and there was a comfortable sitting room area. The beds were really comfortable and we slept well. The bathroom bench was big. The restaurant had great food and service. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Enjoyable stay - will recommend to others
    • Premium Queen Suite

Excellent location. Very helpful. Tracey (reception) changed allocated room to accommodate my husbands bad knees. Amenities were clean. comfortable. Effective air conditioning. All contributed to an enjoyable stay.

Close to Launceston city
    • Premium Queen Suite

Extremely steep driveway and lots of stairs to room. Can only see Park view if standing at window. Disappointed liquid soap was empty on arrival & still empty after I asked for it to be filled, no shampoo supplied

Room good size & well set up with tv, a/c, lovely big bathroom with great shower. Bed very comfortable

Overpriced, unclean bedding and blankets and narrow flights of stairs with no lift. 0/10 recommend.
    • Premium Twin Room

There were stains on the bedding and blankets which suggested nothing had been properly washed, the shared bathroom was disgusting and not clean at all, it was honestly a bit of a rip off and sham compared to where we thought we would be staying. We were glad to get out of there ASAP and thankful it was only one night.

Lovely outlook from room over park.
    • Premium Twin Room

Good wifi speed on first device, had to ring through for 2nd device which was very slow. Would have expected wifi to cover multiple devices.

Lovely outlook from room over park. Very comfortable beds.

A good location.
    • Premium Queen Suite

The grounds needed a good clean. The staff were not properly trained. Whilst the restaurant menu was good the quality was not. As our room was at the front of the Motel it was extremely noisy. Room Service - $6 per person for delivery is over the top.

The bed was comfortable and the location was very good.

Great comfortable stay.

All good.

This hotel is very well located, well conditioned and comfortable. Being opposite the botanical gardens was a lovely surprise and a nice walk into and out of the local shopping/eating district.

Good location but not a pleasant stay
    • Premium Twin Room

There was a strong smell of sweet deoderiser in my room so I asked to change rooms. The new room seemed much better until I turned on the air conditioner which put out a strong, stale smell. I was told these were the only available rooms so I had to turn off the air conditioner and put up with the heat. The staff were not accommodating with check-in time and there was an error with my booking - charged for 2 breakfasts after booking as a single (refunded when I e-mailed but inconvenient on top of the other issues).

The room was a good size, appeared modern with all necessary facilities

Standard of room was better than expected - has been...
    • Premium Queen Suite

Possums jumping on the roof and running up and down the flat metal roof in the middle at night. Smokers smoking outside their rooms rather than using the designated smoking area.

Standard of room was better than expected - has been refurbished nicely.

Disappointed
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Spa Bath

No one actually available to help with suit cases up 4 flights of steps even though told on phone there would be. Cobwebs and dust plus spiders, and pubic hairs in shower recess. Blind over front door broken making it hard to get in and out of front door. No washing up cloth. No flywire screens.

Location close enough to walk most places. Roomy enough and reasonably comfortable. Able to do basic cooking but no toaster or spatula.

Clean room with comfy beds, located in city centre which is...
    • Premium Twin Room

Room is not too spacious for three people to stay in, as we've got a bit of luggage with us, but certainly not a problem to have a good rest in there.

Clean room with comfy beds, located in city centre which is very convenient. Staff are nice and helpful, we had a pleasant stay here.

The Commodore Regent was a pleasant base for a very enjoyable 9 days in Launceston.
    • Premium Twin Room

The entrance is very steep, and might present difficulties to those with mobility problems. The Wi-Fi was slow (500 kb/s) and I usually preferred my 4G Mobile connection.

The room was large, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel was located fairly close to the CBD and directly opposite City Park, which is one of the major attractions of Launceston. The parking facilities were ample. The restaurant was of high quality, with prices typical for this level of cuisine.

Excellent value for money, good location, service excellent.

All fine

Ordered a meal on one evening and it was truly amazing in flavour and presentation, truly punching above their weight for a motel. I eat out a lot and have to say worthy of top fine dining restaurant, and this was room service? unbelievable.

Great stay and great location

The fan in our bathroom didn't work - that was a bit annoying when showering. Apart from that it was fine.

Very comfortable and spacious rooms. God privacy and parking was great as there was plenty of parking options as we had a few cars to cater for. Laundry facilities were also helpful as we were a sports team travelling together. The room service meals were amazing!