Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Sydney-North Ryde 4.5 stars

7-11 Talavera Road, North Ryde, North Ryde, 2113 Sydney, Australia

#88 of 316 hotels in Sydney

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Lovely to be greeted by friendly staff and the end of a long shift
    • Double or Twin Room

Bedside light did not work properly. But otherwise all was good.

Arrived in the early hours of the morning after a wet and tiring night at work. Was greeted by the friendly staff and given an upgrade to my room - a lovely surprise. Floor was very quiet (which was lovely). Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good, coffee nice. Checkout was quick and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Not as great as the last time but still ok
    • Double or Twin Room

This was my 2nd stay here at the Marriot. The bar fridge was left open and one of the milks was expired. The floor that I stayed on was a little noisy (other guests). Checkout took a little longer than expected.

The location. The staff was friendly and recognised me from my previous stay.

Exactly what you expect, with a broad smile
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The decor is a bit sterile, but that is just nitpicking on my part.

The staff was amazingly professional and friendly. The hotel is right next to a few cafes.

I loved this hotel. I will be back for sure. The best sleep I've ever had in a hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were efficient, friendly and helpful. The room was immaculately clean. The restaurant food excellent and all the facilities well maintained and tastefully decorated. The rooms were great for sleep, dark at night and the best comfy beds.

Great staff, very friendly, efficient and helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were simply amazing. we received wonderful help with room service on the Sunday night when the restaurant was closed (it's a business area there). they spoiles us!

Great staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

A swimming pool would have been good. Very soft mattress and pillows. A personal preference but a medium mattress would have been good.

Great staff. Great food at the restaurant

We have stayed here twice now & we will definitely be...
    • Double or Twin Room

We have stayed here twice now & we will definitely be back. So central to where we were going. The staff are very friendly also helpful. The beds are so comfortable. I would recommend this property to friends.

They provided best customer service and made my stay very...
    • Double or Twin Room

They provided best customer service and made my stay very comfortable and always asked if I needed anything else. Very helpful definitely stay there again

Warm friendly environment
    • Double or Twin Room

My advice is with room service remove the wooden spikes in the food as i have a cut gum from it splitting of in the food .

The room was a good size and lovely and clean. Reception were very friendly

The staff at this hotel are always lovely, genuine and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Open the restaurant on weekends!

The staff at this hotel are always lovely, genuine and informative. Even the trainees are great. They have a winning formula!

Relaxing, comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

A pool/spa area would’ve been nice. Also my booking said breakfast was included and they told us that it was a no breakfast booking, which has happened to me before on booking.com

Very comfortable bed, which was all I needed since attending a wedding

Not a happy camper.
    • King or Double Room with Balcony

We booked a room with 1 king bed, balcony and bath with breakfast included. We got a room with 2 beds (later changed), no balcony, no bath and apparently breakfast wasn't included. When we went to breakfast, the food wasn't great and apparently every coffee machine in the building seemed to be out of order, yet the staff were all walking around with coffees in their own hands. Safe to say we won't be staying here again.

Bed was relatively comfy - that's about it.

Nice quiet location, wish it had a pool.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bar was closed over the time due to a public holiday. We now have to pay for parking. There is no pool.

The bed is soft and staff always friendly.

Good location, great rooms.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was right opposite the lifts, which meant that it was really noisy with people coming and going all night and then housekeeping moving down the halls in the morning.

Great service at the front desk, super convenient location.

A nice, quiet very clean and comfortable place to stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom is a little small for two people to get ready to go out. No instructions for the TV and channels available. For the price of the room I felt we should have gotten a continental breakfast. Breakfast was available for $25 which was too much for me. I just want something very small like a piece of fruit and toast. I did find a table around the corner from the reception desk that one morning had a bowl of fruit and a few Danish rolls. But that was only one morning.

The bed and pillows were excellent. Loved the lamps with USB ports on each side of the bed. Full length mirror on the door in the lighted closet. McDonald's, KFC, Subway and a Thai restaurant are across the street if you wanted a small breakfast or a late night snack.

Good Hotel, well appointed, Kick your restaurant staff in the arse,
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff in restaurant in the morning were super slack at clearing tables. A large group had already left and pretty much every table had the remnants of others guests breakfasts still on them. They didn't seem to be in any hurry to clean up.

Location was good for where we were going for the weekend. Rooms were large Beds Comfy Would stay again if I was on that side of Town

Room was a good size, check in/check out process was...
    • Double or Twin Room

Had to pay for parking, mini bar options were very limited, walls aren't sound proof

Room was a good size, check in/check out process was quick, staff were friendly

Comfortable & conveniently located.
    • Double or Twin Room

Better & more specific instructions on how to get to the Motel Entrance/ Carpark tucked away amongst the Business area.

Good quality beds ✔️ Good quality linen ✔️ Bravo for having two comfortable beds in one room = restful sleep for myself & my NZ female cousin who was visiting. ✔️ Nice having clean towels each day ✔️ Excellent 'block-out' rubber back curtains to allow a proper 'sleep-in". ✔️

train station only a block away. cost to city $6 to town hall
    • Double or Twin Room

nothing. Last time we didn't have to pay for parking this time we did but was very reasonable.

The bed was enormous and very comfy. The accessible bathroom was excellent for my wheelchair bound partner. The breakfast has heaps of choice and very good valur for money.

i'll be back
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

hot breakfast buffet - omelettes good.

Breakfast buffet stodgy and bacon overcooked but thank heavens for the omelette guy. Dinner food great. bed good. I'll know to get a courtyard facing room away from the highway next time for quiet. Coming in from the country from the north I find it convenient being near the station to allow for easy access into the city, Chatswood.

Overall, very happy with the venue
    • Double or Twin Room

Hand basin was cracked. Room had a slight smoky smell

Easy access travelling from North. Staff were amazing. Room had balcony and windows on 2 sides

Lovely friendly helpful staff
    • Double or Twin Room

I don't like high sided bath, especially for shorter people. but at least they had s solid handrail to hang on to to get in and out. And it's lovely and quiet even though it's next to a major road.

We didn't use the restaurant

Very comfortable & pleasant stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The cleanest property I have ever stayed in, a credit to the staff. Proximity to Olympic Park and free public transport to the Park right outside. Very courteous and friendly front desk staff.

Good breakfast, but overpriced overall
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was too hot; there was mould in the bathroom and a dirty shower curtain; they put us in a disabled room, so the water runs in the shower; you could see through the towels; they held an extra $100 per night, which we were not aware of before we got there. It was way over-priced for the room. I was pretty disappointed and won't stay there again.

The breakfast was really good and the coffee delicious.

I was there to attend Swimming N.S.W.functions which were held at the property.
    • Double or Twin Room

When leaving property with luggage,descending steps without handrails could be hazardous.

The staff were very helpful although speech accents can cause confusion. We were located on the 6th floor and found traffic noise was minimal.

Easy parking, clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

Asked numerous times for 2 double beds as the bedding configuration, only to arrive and it was not as requested and could not be changed. Remember to get the name of the staff who confirms your booking as a reference for your requests!

Easy parking, clean.

Excellent Hotel Stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Great location to attend my course at BSI. The breakfast was the best buffet of all the hotels I have stayed at.

fantastic

People leaving at 4am and not been quiet when leaving

I liked that the beds were made everyday (i didn't expect that) and fresh towels. I also like that checkout was at 12pm

Nice renovation, pretty uncarpeted wood-look floors in the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Prices for room service and food in the hotel were quite high, so I ate elsewhere. Small choice of mostly fast food joints nearby. Coffee cups in the room were very small. Would like to have had a robe provided.

Nice renovation, pretty uncarpeted wood-look floors in the room seemed very fresh and felt cleaner than carpet. Staff very friendly and efficient. Train station very nearby made it easy and inexpensive to get there from the airport.

Comfortable, clean and excellent reception service
    • Double or Twin Room

The only difficulty for people who are slightly less mobile is the bathtub. Deep (as it should be) but difficult to get out of, and no walk-in shower option. Otherwise, no complaints!

This was a drop-in, drop-out stay, but I think I will be staying there again if I have to be around the area again. Very clean. Very comfortable beds. Full mini-bar (just add some Red Bull, and you will be perfect). Extremely respectful, genuinely friendly service. No hassles. Food on premises. Good coffee. Close to Macquarie Shopping Centre. Bus at door.

Location was excellent, rooms were quite generous in size...
    • Double or Twin Room

Cleaning staff seem to be active day and night. Room was not sound proof in any way I heard all traffic from highway and from the corridor of the hotel. Room was not ready on arrival ( had requested early check in online )and did not have a bath as stated. Also requested a double bed online as preference,they still tried to give me a single bed.

Location was excellent, rooms were quite generous in size and very clean

Nice but Appalling Breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was appalling for a four and a half star International Hotel. For $32 and $25 special deal for guests I would have expected much more. With many tourists from Asia as guests, they I am sure and myself would have expected a much,much,much larger selection of food, no Asian food what so ever,congee, noodle soup or rice for them to start their day. Most disappointing for me NO egg station, I cant remember staying at any hotel let alone a 4.5 star International Hotel with such a lousy selection and quality of food. No staff to clear away after one had finished a course, tables not set up with knives, forks and napkins, you had to find your own. I think the food and beverage manager needs a rocket and go back to hospitality school for a refresher course in restaurant management or at least how to present a quality breakfast to guests from abroad and locally. Overall I did not enjoy any part of the breakfast buffet, in fact most of it is still on the plate.

RDA
    • Double or Twin Room

I booked 2 rooms for the night lucky I called in to register in the morning . Only one room had been booked fortunately the receptionist was able to rectify the mistake quickly before the other guest arrived .

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• King or Double Room with Balcony

Was given a double room when we had booked a king, spoke to reception who then swapped us to king suite (we had to take all our luggage back to reception then to the new room). King room ended up being 2 very uncomfortable single beds (one of which had big indent to one side so that you felt you were being rolled out of bed) pushed together with a slight gap in the middle & no top sheet on the bed, just a doona. Beds & pillows were so uncomfortable we tossed & turned all night & woke up tired and aching. Bathroom floor had no drainage so was slippery & wet. Brownish stains splashed on the wall next to the toilet. Bathroom sink tap very poorly designed, had hot water when initially turned on. Had to be pushed right back towards mirror then out for water to cooll.

Reception staff were excellent, swapped our rooms when we told them they had given us a double instead of a king.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Close to shops, restaurants etc and where I needed to be.
    • Double or Twin Room

I was given a wheelchair accessible room and so had a terrible bathroom. I can not stand toilets that do not have lids, and when having a shower thee water went everywhere. My room was also very close to the lift and was quite noisy at times. This really turned me off the hotel. I had booked this hotel well in advance and would have expected to have received a standard room.

Close to shops, restaurants etc and where I needed to be.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Very comfortable & relaxing.
    • Double or Twin Room

Definitely the price of the beers downstairs. WE ARE STAYING THERE AGAIN THIS WEEKEND FOR 3 NIGHTS. A COUPLE OF FREE BEERS WOULD NOT GO ASTRAY!!

The location, the staff, the room, the buffet breakfast, the facilities.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

The staff were very friendly and very helpful
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were very hot. There was no sheet on the bed just a blanket with sheet covering it. Was very hard to cool down. Felt like the air-condition wasn't working

The staff were very friendly and very helpful The room was clean and tidy

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Excellent location, very comfortable stay, excellent breakfast, close to train station
    • Double or Twin Room

Room temperature was hot despite having airconditioning on all night. Breakfast was pre booked at a rate of $25 pp x2 = $50 but then charged at $64.

The most comfortable bed ever.Room was very lean, & location was excellent.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Great location, comfortable hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Would have been great to have an all inclusive price. E.g. Breakfast, parking, wifi etc.

Fantastic friendly staff, helpful with directions in the area. Comfortable bed, cosy room. Would definitely stay again. X

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Positives Outweigh Negatives
    • Double or Twin Room

beds a bit lumpy, pillows too soft; sometimes when we stay the bar frig is leaking or does not keep contents very cold, if at all; shower head quality can at times be a gamble - ranging from gushing down to good to insufficient volume. Cost - annoying there is such discrepancy between very expensive weekday costs and reasonable Fri/Sat costs.

location very central for the purpose of our visits; staff are always very friendly, positive, helpful, cheerful.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Handy

Room service menu.

Full breakfast included in daily rate. Large bathroom. Very close to public transport. 24 hr security desk. Great cafes and restaurants within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Wonderful stay shame about our Noisy smoking neighbours
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

My neighbours where extremely loud and noisy and where smoking 🙁 considering there is a non smoking policy. They did not consider that others where trying to sleep. Didn't help the door that was adjoining our room so you could hear everything.

Buffet breakfast was awesome So much variety, Fantastic clean room King bed super comfortable. Staff Fantastic

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

The Restaurant was only open for breakfast and as I arrived...
    • Double or Twin Room

The Restaurant was only open for breakfast and as I arrived late on the first evening, there was no room service facility due to the restaurant being closed for the school holiday period along with any room service. I think this was poor given the occupancy at the Hotel was high during my stay. I would not expect to find this at a Marriott Hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

I was on the 8th floor.
    • Double or Twin Room

I was on the 8th floor. The gym was above me on the 9th floor and around 05:30 you'd hear feet thumping on treadmills and weights being dropped. AVOID THE 8TH FLOOR!

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

A Good Stay with some Disappointing Features
    • Double or Twin Room

Room 616: Our bar frig was not working - everything in it was warm. The switch that should have turned it on had no effect (still warm in the morning). Shower in the bathroom was so heavy even when lightly turned on - came down like a torrent - very hard to have a good shower.

Suitability of the location for our needs. Staff always understanding and helpful. Room basically clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Great hotel, not as great service
    • Double or Twin Room

Had 3 separate rooms booked with friends. Check in time was 3. All of us were made to sit and wait for over half an hour for the rooms to be ready. When we entered the rooms we found none of us had received two double beds as requested, bur rather one king bed in each room. As we has siblings in their 20's not wanting to share, we returned to the lobby to see if there were any rooms with two double beds available which there were not. I found this odd considering this hotel was booked months and months ago. We ended up having to take the lounge cushions off the lounges from two of the rooms to make a make shift bed on the floor; however, the room service made this up with sheets and pillows in our absence which i thought showed a good sense of character! Overall a nice hotel, just unfortunate about the room situation, especially considering we had 3 rooms booked.

Nice facilities.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

It was absolutely fabulous.
    • Double or Twin Room

All was perfect. Sincere thanks.

It was absolutely fabulous. Warm welcoming staff at desk and as we were early, we met additional staff on level 7 too . It was a spur of the moment decision to drive from SW NSW due to harvest interruption and we were even upgraded on arrival . We will be back and have told so many already of this fabulous Hotel. Give me your accommodation over CBD hotels any day. See you in January 2017.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Treatment retreat.
    • Double or Twin Room

at the air-conditioning didn't work despite repeated attempts to fix it . It was most important to us as we were in Sydney for surgery at Concord Hospital and air conditioning is a must. We will be staying every three months for many years for treatment at the hospital at Concord for treatment and choose the Courtyard for its proximity.

The staff were friendly the beds were good.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Staff quiet helpful and nice
    • Double or Twin Room

I almost lost my clothes that i submitted to laundry. It already 2 days after i put my laundry and i didnt get my clothes back and the next day ill check out from the hotel. I asked to the front desk, and It looks like the cleaning guy didnt record my clothes to the system so it kinda chaos esp when that guy wasnot in the hotel at that day. Luckily they found my clothes and delivered it to my room late night.

Staff quiet helpful and nice

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Senior discount is this still available? if so I will ring the Hotel to receive my discount
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower in bath water overflowed onto the floor I had to be careful getting in and out of the bath due to it being so high I have bad knees it makes this difficult as I'm a Senior Senior

The staff were very friendly the room and beds good having room in the bar frig was a bonus

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Adequate but not fancy.
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower curtain. Who still uses shower curtains in hotel rooms? And the width of the shower ensured you couldn't avoid the curtain - just as I assume everyone else beforehand.

Breakfast was okay. Staff were extremely friendly.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

A good experience, we would stay again.
    • Double or Twin Room

A little fridge space to add a couple of items of our own would have been nice. No overhead light so room was a little dim in the evening.

The big room, good arrangement of furniture with comfy couch. Big beds even with the 2 double bed configuration. Complimentary sparkling on arrival.

• Double or Twin Room

My request through this site for 2 beds (due to us just being 2 female friends ) and a walk-in shower (due to mobility issues) had been ignored by hotel. I rang day before and was told ''no guarantee of separate beds due to booking through this site'' but fortunately we did get them. However we had a very high, slippery bath for me to struggle into shower as this request was totally ignored. No chair for dining/work table in room although this was pictured. Several greasy hand prints on glass wall in main room. Decor in room was an awful black abstract print. Purchasing a coffee at breakfast from the bar was $5!!! We told them at Checkout that we did not use the parking and had no car but when I arrived home I got an invoice for $10 car parking and it was showing on my credit card.. I rang and was told it was ''an outstanding amount'' but fortunately she finally refunded the amount. This hotel has some serious admin issues.

Price, comfortable, clean bed and pillows, size of room, good breakfast

It was clean and the bed was comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Access was poor. 1. With one lift out of order the wait for a lift in the morning was 15 minutes with many times the lift was too full. 2. Exiting through the boom gate was so annoying with having to back up a few times or physically get out to put in the card.

It was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

I did not get visa for Australia & request for refund...
    • Double or Twin Room

I did not get visa for Australia & request for refund for 3 rooms for 3 nites was not granted

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Home away from home.
    • Double or Twin Room

Excellent value for money. Great friendly and knowledgeable staff. Tasty breakfast. Comfortable beds. Clean and tidy room and bathroom.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

• Double or Twin Room

The Marriot is a friendly, convenient (for us) hotel.

I wouldn't presume!

The Marriot is a friendly, convenient (for us) hotel. We will definitely be back.

Very happy and cosy🤗
    • Suite - Loft

Only 1 robe provided...no big deal though

Love the block out blind in the loft room and very appreciative of accommodating our late check out!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

They have soft beds and the staff are always friendly
    • Double or Twin Room

They charge me for parking and they never used to do that

They have soft beds and the staff are always friendly

Business trip
    • King Room - High Floor

Breakfast was unavailable before I needed to check out unfortunately.

Location was good. Very quiet.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Excellent customer service
    • Double or Twin Room

On both check-in and check-out, the reception staff were very friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. Fantastic!

Very pleasant, convenient and clean
    • King Room - High Floor

Very comfortable room and lovely bed!

A great stay with friendly, helpful staff who go out of their way to meet specific needs.
    • Double or Twin Room

Really comfy bed, great service from restaurant staff.

Staff were friendly, rooms were clean

Bar fridge wasn’t cold

Staff were friendly, rooms were clean

The bed was Soooooo comfortable.

The bed was Soooooo comfortable... Breakfast was lovely

The helpfulness of the staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

The road noise made it hard to sleep

The helpfulness of the staff.

Over all is wonderful experience
    • Double or Twin Room

The room is big and the bedroom is very comfortable

Great staff nice food relaxing room

Great staff nice food relaxing room

A great stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

The place was comfy and clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful

Clean and tidy room, comfortable beds

Friendly and welcoming staff

An enjoyable stay at a pleasant location
    • Double or Twin Room

Ease of access to the places we needed to get to

Convenient location
    • Double or Twin Room

Really neat and tidy, super comfy bed!

Didn’t have breakfast it was too expensive

Didn’t have breakfast it was too expensive

Bed was extremely comfy - slept very well.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed was extremely comfy - slept very well.