Reviews of Holiday Inn Parramatta 4.5 stars

#111 of 316 hotels in Sydney

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Great value for money.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Hubby complained that the bed and pillows weren't comfortable

Great value for money. The kids enjoyed the pool and me the spa. It was all we needed for a one night stay

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

We booked the hotel for 2 nights.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

We booked the hotel for 2 nights. We had a king bed but only noticed that there was a double quilt cover on the bed when we woke up the next morning. Because of the wrong quilt, we didn’t very sleep well due to being cold and fighting over the covers. We went down to reception and I told one of the ladies our room number and that we had a double quilt cover on the king bed and she said she would have it all sorted for us. When we got back to our room, the quilt had not been changed. I then went down to reception again and the gentleman at the desk said there was no note to confirm I advised them of the issue and asked who I spoke to. He said would try to find the king quilt or a blanket for us. He delivered a king quilt which was good and he apologised for any inconvenience but we were annoyed at the whole experience. The next morning, around 8am we heard a saw, a drill and vacuums being used. As we didn’t sleep well the previous night due to quilt, we were not impressed that the noise woke us up the next morning. We understand the noise was after 7am but it was not a good experience as a whole.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Location was great, close to transport and shops.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

Location was great, close to transport and shops. Staff were fantastic, nothing was a bother for them. Breakfast was good, great variety to choose from.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

We didn’t have that great of a view but didn’t effect us much.

Great location. Checked in, went to my room then got a call 20 minutes later from staff checking everything was good and I was happy with my room, which was very nice. Was clean and good shower pressurer. Bed was very comfortable!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Very warm and friendly staff. Excellent location.

The only problem was the parking facilities as they charge $17 for parking. Also, a mini bar could have been added to the room. Not that it is important but a paint job would have been a nice as long as the rates are not increased.

The place was excellent and the staff was extremely friendly. The restaurant staff was extremely nice. There was no mini bar in the room but you can order anything from the restaurant. The train station is 5 minutes away and all other facilities are around the place. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a vehicle. Sydney is terrible to travel if you have a vehicle as there are no such thing as free parking and it is really hard to find parking in the CBD. I booked online and there was no problem with the booking. Paid at the end of the stay.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Great location and staff.

Nothing, everything good

Great location and staff. The breakfast it’s good and the staff too. The shopping center just walk 10 min and CBD of parramatta

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Buffet was fantastic.

Wasn’t value for money, considering it was the long weekend it wasn’t bad. The cost of a can of drink or water or snack food was terrible. If it was cheaper people would buy more. $25 per adult for the grand final was way too much. We caught an Uber:/taxi for both ways for $70 return

Buffet was fantastic. Bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Nice quiet get away weekend

Only that we had to pay for car parking .

Quiet location but conveniently location to Parramatta CBD. Room was clean & of a nice size. Car Parking was available on-site. Breakfast spread was more than adequate & the room service servings were large.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Nice place to stay. Reasonably close to shops and restaurants. Good value for money.

Had to pay for car parking.

Room was a good size and was in a quiet location. Hotel is close to Westfield shopping Centre. The breakfast was great with quite a good range to choose from. The in house bar was convenient and the prices for drinks were reasonable. Loved the in house cafe. Will stay here again as the room prices are good and the free breakfast is a bonus.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

we had dinner in their restaurant which was very nice and the staff were very pleasant

the screaming child in the room next to us ,and every time she screamed the mother would be louder, it started at 3 am in the morning, and still going when we left for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Total disappointment! Keep looking for another hotel.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is very dirty and old, and the "renovation" they did in my room is a joke. They wanted to do renovation but also not to spend more than $1 on it. Only the first floor looks ok. Would rate this is as a 1 start hotel. Will never visit again. They ruined the Holiday Inn name for me, as generally they have a nice hotels. The breakfast food was bad, the food is not fresh.

A pleasant relaxing retreat for after a busy day conferencing
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The coffee and sugar were not replenished on two of the days and coffe cups and glasses were missed as well but was replenished without fuss upon a call to housekeeping - also a usb port for recharging ipads and phones would of been great even a 3 pin plug in type would of done the job.

overall the stay was pleasant and the beds cosy and the breakfast buffet was wonderful and the staff as a whole friendly and attentive. Thankyou :)

Good place to stay for some R&R
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Access to car park, Every time we left and came back our swipe card (piece of paper) wouldn't work.

The convenience of the location. The bed was super comfortable. Secure parking was a bonus although it cost. It should be free with your booking.

Generally good
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Our room faced the street and unfortunately a noisy pub across the road. No easily accessible power near the bed for recharging devices.

Pleasant room. Comfortable beds. Great breakfast.

The staff were very friendly and they accommodated me with a...

It was more like a 3* hotel. It wasn’t very luxurious and if you needed anything extra you had to call for it. Essentially a basic room. No Foxtel etc. Few toiletries and not even a shower cap. No mini bar except on request and even water bottles carried a charge.

The staff were very friendly and they accommodated me with a late checkout. Street parking was available. Bed and pillows were comfortable and the location was good as I was attending a function across the road.

Amazingly good!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing. Everything was perfect.

Everything. Front desk very professional, room staff super helpful, room big and clean, desk and chair and enough power outlets, brilliant chef in restaurant, quiet, bath easy to get in and out of, walking distance to train station, shops and all that hub called Church St.

Comfortable rooms and beds after an exhausting day training/shopping/sightseeing
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Easy check in, had to pay a $100 bond, but this was detailed on the booking confirmation. Car park was good, and was able to leave car there for our time on Sunday spent shopping at nearby Westfield. Great location for food and shops.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Clean and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Clean and comfortable. Particularly liked they way in which staff greeted my son and made him feel welcome and important! We were there for one night prior to early admission at the children’s hospital so their kindness meant so much more and helped calm his nerves.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

great value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

the bed was great the pillows super soft all staff were great breakfast was fresh area was clean staff tidy loved the breakfast that and bed comfort is what i look for when getting motel room

A rather superb stay for a price that beats CBD prices with very few cons
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

One of the few downsides to the hotel was the parking, although there were ample parking spaces having to pay for parking is quite annoying, especially since there is limited street parking leaving no other option but to pay up. The hot water did however catch me by surprise as it was scolding however that would just come down to me not noticing the warning signs about the water being over 50ºC (122ºF) but do keep in mind that it can be a lot hotter than you think. One of the only real downsides is that you are 30 minutes away from the CBD by train, however this does also work in your advantage as you get to 1. Explore a new suburb rather than be confined to the inner city 2. Its much cheaper than a hotel in central Sydney. Highly recommend as long as you are prepared to be adventurous and take the 30 minutes into the hustle and bustle.

The room was a lot more spacious than the pictures make it seem same with the bathroom, two people could easily use at one time. The buffet breakfast was lovely, a fairly generic selection of food e.g. bacon, eggs, continental breakfast, but simply enough to not overwhelm you. Close to public transport makes travelling to the City and surrounding suburbs a breeze also Westfield Parramatta is within 10 minutes walking distance. Reasonably priced for weekends and I assume possibly cheaper throughout the week, but it doesn't seem like a reasonably priced hotel as the foyer looks quite lovely and has a grand-esque feel about it. The staff were extremely friendly, especially the dining staff who tried to make our eating experience a pleasant one and went as far as apologising to us when another family had left their table, floor and chairs covered in food even though it wasn't their fault. FREE INTERNET!!

All in all I had a great nights stay, I will definitely be back in the near future.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Staff were very friendly, rooms are clean and neat, beds were very comfortable, also only just a few minutes walk from Westfield shopping centre, restaurants, train station and down town parramatta, the food at the parramatta Inn restaurant was beautiful and breakfast was exceptional. Would recommend anyone to stay here.

Once in a lifetime trip to Australia, starting with an ideal hotel location with excellent service.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Yes, the eggs were fluffy and the beds very comfortable. The restaurant staff went the extra mile in providing outstanding service by providing me with a printed copy of the ferry schedule.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was amazing and had variety of options.

First night of our stay, the bed sheets were dirty and we had to call the room service at 1am to come and change the sheets. The management team were great and offered us compensation by deducting the price of our breakfast for the 4 days and offered us $50 credit.

The bed was really comfortable, the breakfast was amazing,...

There was nothing I didn't like.

The bed was really comfortable, the breakfast was amazing, the staff were friendly, and they had a shuttle service which was great.

We definately will be back soon
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

More new release movies lol

I absolutely love it here... Staff are excellent and so nice the food is amazing ... Most of all me n my partner loved our rooms we stayed with in and the bath tub is amazing ... Will be back for sure :) 100% one of my favourite hotel thank you

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Great place to stay. Great Staff. Keep it up, Holiday Inn Parramatta!

The restaurant menu was varied and we enjoyed all our meals. The staff exceeded expectations with courtesy, helpfulness and friendliness. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We actually could not fault anything during our stay. If we come back to Parramatta, we will stay at the Holiday Inn.

Location and parking and breakfast.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The fridge wasn't turned on so our food was spoiled. We were compensated for this mistake. Bed was not very comfortable, sunk in the middle.

Location and parking and breakfast. Staff were very helpful and happy.

Bed & pillows were very comfy.

We had trouble with our door lock. No book in room with contact numbers for hotel. I had to call from my mobile.

Bed & pillows were very comfy. Room was very spacious with a bathtub.

Disappointing and definitely not 4 star. 3 at most.

1. Bed was the worst I have ever slept on 2. No mini bar 3. No snacks or tea/coffee except for 4 tetra tubs of milk in bar fridge 4. Pillows were dreadful 5. No complimentary water. 2 bottles by bed were $4 each

Breakfast was quiet good considering the entire experience was below par.

On check in the staff processed my payment, she advised me...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

On check in the staff processed my payment, she advised me my card didnt work and tried again. I then logged on to my account and she had charged me $415.00 twice and was trying to process for a third time. This meant that our night was ruined as the $ did not go back into my account then and so we were $415.00 short and had to cancel our dinner plans. They were apologetic but this did not help fix our night out that was much anticipated. The room smelt awful and the bathroom neede a good scrub. Very overpriced i would not stay here again.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Quiet location.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Quiet location. Breakfast wasn’t included in our room price but it was a reasonable price for the wide variety offered. After a short taxi ride, you can take the Ferry into Sydney for the day.

Breakfast was very rich
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

instead of the usual mixer, the bathroom had separate knobs for hot water & cold water which was not as convenient as a mixer

Breakfast was very rich

Fantastic next time were in parra I'd stay again.

Liked it all

Its in the perfect location to transport we stayed 2 nights and didnt drive once! Means not having to pay for parking nor did we have to fight the traffic.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Poor Check In / Out Experience
    • Standard Twin Room

Checking in and out was an extremely poor process and took a long time. The hotel needs to review how they do this. I provided all my details on line whilst booking the reservation along with my credit card details. Yet on arrival I had to provide my card details again and to not only pay for the room but to take a $100 cover charge. On check out I had to wait 15 minutes while the housekeeping checked the room to confirm that the cover charge could be refunded. Then another 10 minutes to refund the cover charge back to my card. Sooo poor, not a good experience at all. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and normally just walk out on the day of departure without having to do anything....

Good location near Paramatta station, room was ok but for the price I expected more.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Spa bath could have been cleaner that is the reason I booked...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

Spa bath could have been cleaner that is the reason I booked the room couldnt have my relaxing spa and its so difficult to step into it to have a shower

Exceeded my expectations for price and location.

The size of the beds

Excellent for the price. We had kids stay with us so the room was good just the beds were a little small for my partner who is quiet tall. Food and staff at the restaurant and buffet breakfast were great. Amazing value, in my opinion. Close to Westfield’s and Homebush for our event.

Rooms were beautiful, bed was super soft and room service...

On arrival staff were a bit rude, but after change over in the morning everyone was lovely

Rooms were beautiful, bed was super soft and room service brought us up a lovely midnight feast

had a great weekend away would stay again but probably not eat at the hotel in the evening though
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

evening meals were a bit overpriced for what you got, my biggest gripe was the table staff coming back and forth to the table to check if everything was ok with the meal every 5 mins. couldn't really relax with them constantly checking with us.

location was great, room was comfortable for what we needed, breakfast was good with a great choice.

I can't recommend Holiday Inn Parramatta enough ... well done to all the staff
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

There is nothing for me here to comment on :)

Everything was fantastic. Extremely comfortable bed n pillows. Aircon worked well. fantastic bathroom. The staff were fantastic, nothing was ever a problem and they ALL were polite, happy and were always smiling ... a credit to the hotel and themselves Thank you all so much for helping make our stay/weekend so fantastic You guys are the best

A great base to put us near the people we wanted to visit.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Four of us with multiple devices - as always we needed more power points. Modern hotels should provide charging stations.

We had everything we needed and the staff was great. And yes the pastry and coffee available from the lobby bar was a real treat. We loved the "fireplace" in the lobby during those wintry days and nights.

They should have a more accurate computer that tells staff...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

In room dining complicates on paying

They should have a more accurate computer that tells staff if room service was paid for when room service is delivered to room

Go the Blues!!!!

We had left for several hours from 10am to 2pm and rooms had not be clean. This was the only problem we had with our stay.

Location, service, breakfast, shuttle service to and from Homebush

We only stayed one night but every person I spoke to was friendly and kids even got a to do bag
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

I wasn’t told about the security bond (I don’t travel a lot) but lucky I took extra cash haha.

Big comfortable bed spacious room great location friendly staff. Very accommodating with early check in times. Very kid friendly . Food was delicious and room service was quick.

Excellent Value for money
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Great facilities kids loved the pool and spa even through its winter. Foxtel & excellent free wifi. Had evening meal in the restaurant food was excellent

Dimond in the rough

Being next to the elevators and hearing them during the early hours of the night. Also we could here the pub arcross the road at night

Comfy beds, family environment. Room service. Buffet breakfeast. Staff. Value for money. Tv and channels.

Romantic Getaway = Perfect 💖

The cost to park. There's a $20 per night charge to use their carpark. Yes you can come and go multiple times. There is metered parking outside that charges $2.50 per hour monday thru Saturday but if you arrive on Saturday after 6pm there's no charge

I planned a romantic getaway with my partner and it was absolutely perfect. The bath is huge. You can easily share a bubble bath with your love! The bed was nice and comfortable 2 with oversized pillows.

Overall satisfied with the stay, it met my needs :)

Close to the location of the course I attended. Everything I needed was in walking distance, Harris Park train station, Westfield, the Irish Pub across the road. Convenient location!!

Convenient, quiet and comfortable location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Only having 1 attendant at the reception desk at times meant clients were waiting longer than necessary.

The location was very convenient and 24 hour parking was appreciated.

We would definitely stay there again.

I am a lover of Crème Brule, but the one from room service was very disappointing. Although the top was nice and crunchy, the consistency/taste of the Crème below was more like runny, thickened cream flavoured with passionfruit. The self serve hot chocolate from the buffet was nice, but the hot chocolates we ordered from both the bar and room service, were very weak and tasteless for the price.

The high security of the complex gave us peace and confidence during our stay in Sydney. The location, being in a quieter side street, was a big plus, as we could easily get our car out of the carpark without having to pull out into heavy Sydney traffic. We loved the buffet breakfast and the variety of foods to choose from.

Our stay was very enjoyable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had no negatives with our stay.

The location we found very good. It was easy to access public transport & everything was within walking distance. Staff were very friendly.

Enjoyable and value for money. Pleasantly surprised with the 'kids eat free' status.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

One of the better accommodation places I have stayed at with my family. The kids eat free arrangement was fantastic. Will definitely look at Holiday Inn for future accommodation needs

Great. I am booking again.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

Sadly the steaks at dinner were not great. The meals were expensive but the quality was not there.

The staff were lovely and the location was great. It was good to be able to close the room off where the kids were sleeping.

Wasn’t to bad
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

The rooms I think need a upgrade and the room service food was basically like hospital food and it took half an hour to get to us

I liked to reception part it was fancy

• Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Location of room. Next to the lifts. The lifts were very slow. Guests stood waiting having loud conversations close to our door. Very noisey causing sleep disturbances and a cross husband!

A+ Will stay again
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Great Customer Service. Breakfast and Dinner was great. Was completely happy with our stay. Very convenient to public transport and shopping and dining choices.

convenience for location but not impress with overall room for the price i paid.

the room was tiny for the cost for the one night. the bar fridge in the room was ridiculously tiny as well.

Location of hotel, and staff, bathroom was clean

Will stay again but will take my own pillow.
    • Standard Twin Room

Pillows were like rocks. Thought continental breakfast was very expensive. Our room was next to elevator and the bell dings loudly everytime the door opens. Was very loud in our room .

Handy location close to station and Westfield

A great night

They didn't tell me parking was extra. Upon leaving I was told they will take it out of the security but still didn't say how much it was.

The bed was amazing

Massive Comfy bed with good facilities with the pool and spa

Check out was 11 yet the cleaners tried to come in twice at 10:15! We said no and they still tried to open the door and walk in.

Massive Comfy bed with good facilities with the pool and spa

Would definately stay there again, great for attending events at Homebush. Close to transport.

During breakfast the restaurant staff were a little disappointing, asked for cutlery which never arrived. Asked for eggs twice when they eventually came they had obviously been sitting for a while.

We did go to the restaurant for lunch which was great, and the staff were excellent.

Not much to complain about.

The main dining meal was pretty to look at, but was over cooked and pretty ordinary. Stayed for Ed Sheeran concert and the hotel done a good job getting everyone excited with Ed cocktails Ed themed meals. Location is not bad, walking distance to main shopping hub. Staff were pleasant and our room was spacious and clean. We would stay again.

bed was beautiful

Ok for the purpose of the booking; close to the train station
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Not impressed with the check out; had to wait while the housekeeping staffed checked the room, fair enough but I waited at the lounge next to the Check in and nobody could be bothered to let me know that the room was ok and I could finalise my check out and get the bond back. I was in view of the staff !!! Suggest one of the 3 staff could get out from behind the counter and show a bit of personal interaction with guests. That’s my last memory of the place....why would I go back????

One of a few hotels in a Handy location Convenient to Parramatta CBD and public transport . Not noisy.

Meh.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hairs. They were everywhere, and they weren't mine. The short ones were in the bathroom in the sink and in the bath. Then I got an extra long one stuck to my steak.

The location was good - I stayed there because it was close to the train station.

GREAT VALUE
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Value for money not far from the city.

Just what we needed for a 1 night stay. We had dinner at the restaurant and it was beautiful. The beds were very comfy.

It’s had good reviews from my mum, so I’d be willing to try again, but check-in was negative for me.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Check-in staff was short with me - I thought the hotel was paid online, but I had to pay myself when I arrived. After travelling all day to get there, this was an unpleasant surprise, but instead of being helpful and compassionate, I felt she thought I was an idiot. It made me want to stay somewhere else. Sorry about that, but it did.

Excellent business hotel

Pillows to thick for my liking- I prefer thin pillows.

Carparking cheap $17 pn and lasts til midnight of day checkout so can keep using lobby as temp office (power outlets everywhere plenty seating and coffee shop/toilets).

Everything except the late night check out staff who could...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything except the late night check out staff who could not provide me with a receipt for my bond as I paid separately he couldn’t not even find a transaction receipt or had no proof of payment

Relaxing and comfortable stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Check in staff very friendly . Beds were very comfortable. Room was very quite with double glazed windows.We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and enjoyed it. Staff at dinner and breakfast were cheerful and efficient. Breakfast buffet had a good selection fresh and tasty. Overall we were very happy with our stay. Will stay here again.

Ok but not a great nights sleep with soft bed
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were too spongy. Bathroom had broken tiles with ugly grout very dated. Holiday inn wouldnt honour points with husband's loyalty card as it was booked through 3rd party we need to book direct with them from now on

Location close to westfields.

Very convenient location, good value meals and staff very helpful.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

I reported part blocked hand basin on morning of day 1 and again in late afternoon when it became fully blocked. No action so mentioned again when checking out. Was a bit of a challenge for elderly person to bend to brush teeth over toilet.

Both dinners and breakfasts were very good value. Staff were really helpful as I had an elderly man with mild dementia with me. In particular a big thank you to Dapesh and Sonica for their help during dinner and breakfast.

Parking inconvenience.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

The beds need replacement, it's uncomfortable feels like sleeping in a hole!! Perhaps drop the parking price for the hotel patrons so they don't have to park their car outside at a risk.

The cleanliness in our an its location room was great.

Pleasant reception area and staff.

It took 15-20min to check out in the morning - waiting in line took the longest, just ridiculous! And there were plenty of other guests behind me waiting too.

Pleasant reception area and staff. Clean and comfortable modern room. Easy access to carpark which is in close proximity.

Convenient location as a short walk to Westfield shopping...

Lifts were a bit slow.

Convenient location as a short walk to Westfield shopping centre and lots of restaurants, and only a short drive to Olympic Park and Paddys markets.

A pleasant experience which catered for our requirements that was enjoyable for us both!

As both my Husband and I are Senior Citizens we appreciated the inclusion of non-slip mats - x 2 included in the Bathroom! A small but nevertheless important addition to our 'safety' in the 'wet' area.

Convenient, comftable, friendly staff
    • Deluxe Room with Two Double Beds

Bit of a rough area. Left car at front on street for less than 1 hour and it had been slightly vandalised on return. Moved to secure parking. which cost $17, worth every penny.

Staff were friendly (except one grumpy older man on front desk on Monday morning). Breakfast crew were excellent. Room comfy and clean. Room service great. Gave us early checkin at 1130 which really helped our plans for the day.