Reviews of Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise 4.5 stars

2807 Gold Coast Highway, Surfers' Paradise, 4217 Gold Coast, Australia

#45 of 128 hotels in Gold Coast

• Double or Twin Room

the beds where very comfy and bath was amazing. the staff are very helpful and very friendly. omg the buffet breakfast was the best so much to choose from so much variety.

• Deluxe King Spa Room

Block out blinds could have been better. Lighting in the room wasn't great. Would have been good to have a fan in the bathroom. Some instructions on the temperature control for the spa would have been helpful.

Bed was comfortable, room was big yet cosy. View was nice and facilities were as expected. Staff were friendly

• Double or Twin Room

When the front desk lady tried to upgrade me to a room, and then arranged with the concierge who escorted me to show me only that room. After having a view of the room I asked to have a look at the standard room for comparison. The concierge responded he doesn't have my standard room booking details to be able to take me there. When I asked about the general information about the amenities for the standard room he said he will need my booking room information to be able to tell me. I was annoyed, at the lack of preparation to provide information, and I felt an assumption was made that maybe I would be sold on the upgraded room. On top of that the concierge added that he knows the standard rooms come with twin beds as if you couldn't ask for a King size, and he can obviously see we were a couple as if to put us off with the twin beds (unbeknownst to him I received confirmation for kingsize in my standard room via email). Out of frustration the front desk lady asked how was the upgraded room. I was direct and firm and responded that I just want to book the standard room, with no feedback regarding the upgraded room. She then arranged my access cards. I walked to the elevator with my luggage and partner, swiped the card, no green light. Repeated and on all cards none of them worked. I was really frustrated at this point due to alot of my time wasted. I walked out and the first person I saw from a distance looking in my direction was the desk lady who was now serving other customers. I walked up and the same concierge tried to distract me by asking if I wanted some complimentary sweets to wait my turn. I shut him down real quick and approached the front desk with rudeness. I overroded the fronkdesk lady who was in the middle of speaking with other customers, and raised my voice that my cards do not work. She then apologized and said maybe she did not scan them probably. Obviously my behaviour was a reaction to how the staff handled the services.

The standard room space is bigger in comparison, you dont need an upgrade. The upgrade is probably an extra 4 meter square you will probably not notice and use, a balcony that faces the ocean directly on a higher floor are the only difference. On the the standard floors you will get a view in between the buildings but it's still a nice view. The balcony has a sit up sun chair set with a table. The width of the balcony is about 1.5 meters there's not much room to move around.

• Deluxe King Spa Room

We paid $20 extra for a ocean view and barely seen the ocean looked straight out onto a construction site the view from the hall window was better then our room view very disappointed

Staff were lovely and friendly hotel was clean and comfortable

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Fabulous Service checking in & out. Beautiful location & facilities - rooms very clean & loved the extra touches for our 43rd Wedding Anniversary. Revolving Restaurant is Fantastic & food & service excellent. Car Park very easy to maneuver & safe.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Constant calling from reception and staff knocking on my door asking if I needed anything even though I had a do not disturb sign on the door. A sign in which they acknowledged saying "we noticed a do not disturb sign on your door". This was every day. My trip was to visit a sick relative in hospital and there for would be sleeping in in the morning. Sleeping in I could not do due to phone calls and knocking. What is the point in a do not disturb sign if you are not going to follow it?

Food down stairs at the bar grill restaurant was lovely.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The cost of the revolving restaurant for dinner on Saturday night. I did not expect that, and I did not know prior to booking in for dinner.

good location, very comfortable room and staff were excellent and very helpful.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

This is a beautiful place, location was great and central and the facilities was clean and it was worth the money and my lil family and extended family enjoyed our stay and it was worth the one night. Staff were willing and able to help with questions we needed answered and show us kindly where things were and happy to serve us.

• Deluxe King Spa Room

We didnt get told until we checked in that there was a fee for parking in the carpark and that it would cost extra to stay above the 3rd floor.

It was the best hotel experience I have ever had. The complimentary breakfasts were awesome

• Deluxe King Spa Room

The paid parking that was only disclosed when we arrived. I’d like to see this advertised in the room ads so people are aware of this hidden cost.

Everything was pretty good

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The buffet breakfast was tasteless. Bacon has no taste. Sausages similarly. Egg Florentine on either a rock hard half crumpet or soggy. A disappointing experience really. Not enough staff. Table cleaned before we sat down with the wipe of the staffs bare hand. For that reason I wouldn’t return.

Not as described

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Booked the same day as staying and the deal included a fantastic buffet breakfast. A nice surprise! Great ocean view from the 22 nd floor. A door that opened onto a tiny balcony so fresh air instead of AC. Clean and a really comfy bed. Excellent. I’ll stay there again.

• Deluxe King Spa Room

Beds comfortable rooms clean and good size. Breakfast very nice good variety. Friendly staff at receptionists and breakky staff. Four seasons four visit good as always.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff member at check in was excellent - just enough interest in you, the customer, without being too familiar. Our room was large and very comfortable with a view of the ocean. Perfect location for our needs with the tram stop just outside.

• Deluxe Double Room

The decor inside is a bit dated and could do with a spruce up.

The hotel was very clean and the beds comfortable, staff friendly and there is a light rail right in front of the hotel which is very economical to travel on.

• Double or Twin Room

Customer service lines were very unprofessional. Cleanliness in the room didn’t meet our expectations.

The Ocean view, one “Matt” from the reception was able to made up for the bad service that has been experienced over the customer service call.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Coffee could have been a little hotter

The whole experience was wonderful we even had the massage /facial staff were attentive and room was so comfy room service was brilliant

• Double or Twin Room

In-room Lounge/dining area lacked warmth in furnishings. Not enough lights so bit dark to read aircon dials. Need lamp in lounge. Freezer had no icecube trays

All staff from front desk to room service lovely. Spa bath and bedroom spacious and luxurious. Ocean view amazing and large balcony. Fully stocked Kitchen ideal for longer stays

• Double or Twin Room

Reception Staff were very friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast was fabulous, a great selection to choose from and really happy staff which is so lovely to experience. Great location with tram stop outside hotel, easy access to all theme parks.

Nothing really.

From the point of check in, the experience was great, the young gentleman Mat who checked me in was terrific and very informative to ease the process.Thank You Mat. Bar staff were very friendly as were the restaurant staff at breakfast on the Sunday morning. Check out was just as pleasant as checkin thanks to Angela who was very friendly and we even had a laugh about the markets, Thanks Angela. Would I stay again , hell yeh, good bye Rydges, welcome Crowne. Thanks for a great weekend.

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing was an issue with this experience.

We always find staying here a good experience. We our stays are mainly based on location and price. We tend not to eat here especially the revolving resturaunt due to a bad experience.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location across from the Florida Gardens tram station. Short walk to Broadbank shopping centre. Breakfast was yummy and a very good bar. Spa and pool were beautiful

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Great costumer service, we were upgraded to the higher story room. View from the room was magnificent. Buffet breakfast was delicious with healthy food options. Close to public transport, parking was comparatively cheaper.

• Deluxe King Studio with Spa and Ocean View

the sunday breakfast up in the windy restaurant was great! great food, proper hotel buffet with excellent views. bed amazingly comfy. Didnt have enough time to check out all facilities but wanted to stay longer, would stay again.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

we ate on the Friday night at four winds and they told me they had charged the lovely meal to my room. when checking out I mentioned this to reception who then found that it had not been charged at all. I am an honest person so asked that they add to my final account so I could pay, but this could have cost the Plaza $118 due to this oversight (I would have been happy to pay $118 less but that's not the point..lol) Also would be nice if some seating were provided in the smoking area.

the view from the 23rd floor-great breakfast too!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

For a room sleeping four people they only had enough cups, and towels for two, also needed extra pillows which we had to ask room service for them

The staff were excellent, room service prompt

• Double or Twin Room

Did not have breakfast and did not have time to use facilities. Liked all other amenities.

Close to tram stop so arriving by train from Brisbane was easy and not far to pull suitcase. Sea view from room which was comfortable. Staff helpful and friendly. Close to most attractions. Would stay again.

• Deluxe King Spa Room

The airconditioning would turn off unexpectedly at times. We were not informed that a fee of 5 bucks was added to the menu when ordering room service and is not stated anywhere and only discovered this when handed the bill. So I'd advise not to do this as can get very expensive but an option if a late night. Spa could have been larger to fit your whole body in.

Room was amazing and was impressed by the furnishings. Plenty of complimentary coffee and tea staff were happy to replenish free of charge. The spa was excellent besides space and highly recommend.

na

I was so impressed with this property as I had stayed at other hotels on the coast before and this far exceeded my expectation. I even got upgraded to a King Suite wich was lovely

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Promised complementary parking expired after two days of a five day stay.

Noisey neighbor at 1am was dealt with in less than ten minutes.... well done security!! Breakfast staff were outstanding especially Stephanie who is a credit to the company and Vanessa who made booking in simple and pain free.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

A little bit further from the night life but has a tram stop right outside an probably only takes about 15 minutes to walk.

Lovely friendly staff who made our stay extra enjoyable with an early and no hassle check in. Unfortunately it was to cold for us to enjoy the pool area which looked very welcoming. Room was comfy although a little dated but this didn't effect us at all. Perfect for a one or two night stay.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

I thought the drinks and restaurants were perhaps a little overpriced. And I think paying for parking when you are a guest is not ideal.

Loved being able to sit on balcony in afternoon and that we didnt have to travel anywhere to eat or drink. The room was very comfortable and the views were fantastic. Loved the revolving restaurant..

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

I would like spinach and mushrooms to be included in the breakfast buffet. I found the it hard to get the air conditioning temperature right.

Staff were extra friendly

• Double or Twin Room

Was very noisy on my floor, went on most of the night people shouting etc. walls very thin. know this not hotels fault but wasn’t asked at checkout how my stay was so didn’t complain.

Location good, staff on arrival great

• Deluxe King Spa Room

My partners meal was expensive and so little. Was told to wait twenty minutes for our food, over half an hour and it came back nearly cold. You could tell it had been sitting. Was expecting to stay in a room that looked like the pictures, instead was put in the old tower and there was no view of the ocean.

Bed was extremely comfortable. Staff were very nice and friendly.

• Deluxe King Spa Studio

I chose be "breakfast included" option but then was charged for breakfast, and they need to make it clearer that parking is not included. For the extra it cost in trams and parking, we could've stayed somewhere more central to Cavill Ave.

Staff were really friendly

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff were wonderful. We got upgraded and a free bottle of wine sent to our room. The upstairs resturant was excellent as well as the breakfast. Room was big, clean and a great view.

• Deluxe King Spa Room

That there was no kitchen in the room, the spa was a little small but still useable, that in the upstairs restaurant there was no where to just stand to look at the veiw.

The bed was so comfy, the view was pretty decent

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were very rude Staff came to our room at 8.30pm and told us to turn our music off which was not very loud. Considering it was Saturday night, and 8.30pm, we found this very unreasonable.

Decent location

• Deluxe King Spa Room

Wall soundproof needs to be improved. We can hear baby yelling in the early morning.

The balcony is spacious. I can see beaches in 180-270 degree. Comfy bed and spa. Breakfast is all right, don't know the omelette is giant with too much filling inside like a egg pizza.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Waited over 20 minutes for a lift with a young family and in the end had to catch the lift up just to get to the ground level. Everyone in the lift had mentioned they had to do the same thing. Expected a lot better being there are 4 lifts on each level.

Clean room,spacious facilities

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some of the fittings in the room( cupboards etc) looking tired.Dinner at Relish was fairly average.

Great breakfast up stairs in revolving restaurant. Balthazar wine bar was a very nice place for a quiet drink..great wine selection.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

A bit of traffic noise, but not too bad that you were constantly disturbed.

Very friendly staff all through the hotel, nothing was too much trouble. Very personalised, staff remembered and greeted you using your name. Clean, comfortable rooms. Amazing breakfast at Relish. Light rail directly out the front of the hotel made it easy to get around.

• Deluxe King Spa Studio

The restaurant the room service menu

I thought the privacy was great we were able to.be up till late with music noise chatter and not once were we told to be quiet...

• Double or Twin Room

Lady Staff at reception tall n slim white aussie looking with black frame glass was very rude....when asked we had requested for double room instead of twin bed...she said we give what is available in rude tone and poor body language....bed is horrible ..The spring is week n Hurts our back...carpets in the room was very old n smelly

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Got ripped of charged $575 for a 1 night stay during the commonwealth games. On the day of our stay checked the rates and it was only $350 for the same room I was in. So bad to put prices up like that taking advantage of people

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Having prawns and crab doesn’t make a seafood buffet, it was VERY disappointing. Furniture on the balcony was to bulky for the small balcony

Breakfast buffet had a great selection All the staff were friendly and welcoming

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

We found it a bit expensive but this could've been beacause the Commonwealth Games were on.

Great location, tram stops right outside so easy to hop on to get to restaurants, bars and shopping. Rooms were very big with nice balcony and large bathroom. Staff were excellent at front desk and the guy on the bar was awesome remembering all our orders for a large group of 9!

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Was caught out on the first night by the air conditioning not working unless the balcony door is not only shut,. but also locked. Would be good to have a coffee pod machine in the room.

The hotel was at an excellent location for the Commonwealth Games. Very nice environment, good pool, and an exceptional seafood restaurant on the top level. All up, the ideal place for our travels. Would definitely stay there again.

• Deluxe King Spa Room

The picture of the spa in the bathroom made the spa look bigger than it was and would be comfortable for two people when in fact it wasn't, also even the fact that it was Easter Friday your Baltmazar wine and dine was closed forcing religious beliefs on myself as a paying customer in a holiday period i would expect all the hotel facilities to be on offer. Also had lunch in restaurant where i ordered a Caesar salad light on the dressing extra Anchovy's and NO Chicken as a add on i was served a iceberg no Anchovy's at all in the dressing and Chicken on my salad.

• Deluxe King Spa Studio

The tv reception was blurred on most channels. The room had a muggy stale smell to it. Breakfast was good, I actually book at the crown plaza to have the experience of the revolving restaurant for breakfast for my daughter, she is 8 and could not get the concept of revolving restaurant only to find out that the numbers were too small for breakfast so we were coming to have it down stairs We were very disappointed.

I liked the view my room had which I had to pay $10 more to upgrade so we could have sea view even though the hotel was so empty, almost abandoned I had that feeling

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

The bed in room 2016 where we stayed, the side closest to the lounge really dipped and felt on a lean. I mentioned this to the fella upon checkout to which he comped my parking as a gesture towards the inconvenience. He informed me he would arrange maintenance to investigate. Quite prompt response and happy to hear the feedback. Great work.

Katherine on reception was awesome. She handled my requests with ease and had an amazing solution. She made the stay very well worth selecting Crowne plaza.

• Double or Twin Room

Felt that the breakfast prices were a bit over the top as with the burgers on resteraunt

The beds and pillows were superb comfortable and sheets had high thread count and felt lovely on your skin. The view from our room was brilliant

• Deluxe King Spa Room

We had (a very nice) member of staff tell us that we had complaints about our music. He said he didn’t think it was too loud (probably because it wasn’t) but due to the complaints asked that we turn it down - this was at around 10pm on a Friday. The walls must be super thin, if you’re planning on having a little music and a couple of drinks maybe stay elsewhere.

Room was a nice size and we had a great view!

• Deluxe King Spa Room with Ocean View

The building was very old and not like the pictures. The gold building felt stranded and deserted and away from everything. Then had to pay extra for parking.

The restraunt was good.

• Deluxe King Spa Room

Everything was perfect from start to finish

Staff were fantastic, room was great and dining was perfect! Means a lot to us as we don’t get away too often and it’s brilliant when everything goes well because of great service! Thanks

• Deluxe King Spa Studio

Old - needs a major renovation Furniture tired and very dated Rooms are large but poorly designed with chunky old furnishing

Leaving - Tired, dated and needs serious investment in upgrading. Felt like walking into the 90's.

• Deluxe King Spa Room

Bed was extremely soft. Fruit & yoghurt ordered for breakfast ended up being a fruit flavoured yoghurt

Dinner at Relish was outstanding, food & service A+! Reception staff helpful & friendly. Suite size was very generous

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Contamination or food poisoning from the buffet ruined our mini-holiday on the weekend, we also missed the other event the day after which we booked it long time ago as my wife was so unwell and we couldn't make it.

• Deluxe King Spa Room with Ocean View

The only thing that was negative , the air-conditioning couldn't be set to a temperature and was hard to get the temp right. too cold one minute then too warm the next.

The bed was huge and very comfortable, the view from the room was awesome.It was our 21st anniversary the staff brought complimentary chocolate coated strawberries and champane to our room,very nice touch.

• Double or Twin Room

It was very expensive but was starting to get outdated. For the price we paid I expected this hotel to be a lot newer. We had a broken shower door and a toilet that would drip through the night.

The staff were amazingly helpful and just so lovely. Went above and beyond for us. I really liked that there was a 24 hour gym even though it was very small was able to still get a good workout in. The view was also great.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

My husband and I were very much looking forward to a couple of nights away. Half way through our first night stay, husband and I noticed we were feeling itchy, sheets felt gritty we moved from one double bed to the other as we couldn’t sleep. We noticed little black things in bed and small bits of blood on sheets. We went straight down to manager next morning to complain, Manager said he would investigate and said he could move us to another room. We packed all our belongings and entered new upgraded room, before heading down to breakfast I just had to check bed. To our disgust and surprise we noticed dried semen stain and pubic hair and long blonde hair in new bed, we called Manager down to new room, he took photos and apologised and asked us to please move to new room our third. He did give us a nice card dinner for two and free parking but we were totally disgusted at what we saw. Don’t think we will be back this is a major fail.

• Deluxe Double Room

Room was a little dated.

It was a very good size room with a very comfortable bed. The location is very central and walking distance to all of Surfers Paradise attractions.

• Double or Twin Room

The check in experience and hidden fees every term (room upgrade, parking and late check out) treated like criminals and told when we check out we had to wait 10 mins for them to check the room. Had to switch lifts... car park to ground then switch lifts from ground to room and lifts stopped running after certain time

• Double or Twin Room

The lifts were slow to arrive, very small and it was confusing having to exit at reception(when coming from carpark) and getting in another to go to your floor. Patrons I encountered were not happy ....4 lifts but only 2 useable to get to your room..not great when there are lots of people checking in at the same time! Coffee in rooms was yuk..😯

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not enough pillows on the beds tv was old and hard to use no information book in the room to tell you about the hotel or facilities. Room and decor very old and tired windows were so dirty you could barely see out. I would never stay there again.

• Double or Twin Room

We had ants in one of the beds on the first night Our complimentary tea and hot chocolate was never replaced There was no toothbrush provided by the hotel The hotel did not have activities such as ping pong or a gym

• Double or Twin Room

Balcony was very small, parking is not included in price and the location isn't very central. I thought I was saving money by staying at Crownes when actually I spent more than if I had of just booked a room more centrally in surfers as parking is usually included (crownes charges 15 per night for parking) and I wouldn't have to take taxis or ubers to get into the main strip. I probably could of got an entire apartment with parking included if I had of booked elsewhere.

The view

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Room and corridor were bit smelly.. bin liner near lift on our 21st floor wasn't changed for over 3 days... we know this coz we put our some airport tags from luggage in it and it was still there after 3 days...our room wasn't vacuumed properly when we came from outside can still spot few pieces of rubbish on the carpet..kettle was dusty from top...and white curtains had stains..I think hotel needs a little bit of renovation.... and bit of a air freshener would be good idea. Looked like hotel cleaners are rushing to clean the rooms...cups and spoons had stains on them even after they had been rinsed.

On order egg service.

• Double or Twin Room

Balcony was small Was not asked at booking for a smoking option Lifts did not work Boking requested parking then was chaged extra $15, but what annoyed me more was there wasa total of $50 holding which im still awaiting to receive back.

Room layout was spacious

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

My check in was disappointing, the FOH person was more interested in her friends than serving me. The TV channels didnt all work, although i used the WIFI to access my Foxtel so that made up for it.

The room was large, the bed was comfy, the Gold Coast is beautiful. The Room Service meal was excellent.

• Double or Twin Room

Lifts took too long to arrive. It seemed there were only two of the four operating - the same two arrived in the lobby twice to take passengers to their floors.

• Deluxe King Spa Room

Couldn’t park car underneath also the restaurant staff all three forgot our drinks waited til we had finished breakfast for coffe which was ordered 20 minuets prior

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

the rooms are probably due for an update but still have everything you need

The beds were really comfy! It was so close to everything with the tram being just outside! Beautiful ocean views

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room smelt musty and dank, the air conditioner was old and didn't cool the room sufficiently, water damaged ceilings in the bathroom, the lifts are very busy and you'll have to wait sometimes up to 10 minutes for one.

Proximity, parking.