Reviews of Duxton Hotel Perth 5 stars

1 St.George's Terrace, Perth CBD, 6000 Perth, Australia

#15 of 107 hotels in Perth

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We were a bit surprised at the $48 cost to park our car on top of hotel cost. It is very expensive and maybe some options that would have been a bit more economical could have been presented to us.

Room clean and comfortable, location great, staff always very friendly.

I can't think of anything.

I loved the warm welcome we received from Juraj. We stayed at the hotel in December for our anniversary and Juraj remembered our names and the reason for our trip. It was so lovely to be greeted by name when we arrived it was the best welcome. He is an absolute asset to your staff so delightful, charming and well mannered.

I didn’t have any tissues in my room for the entire 5 nights l was there. Considering the price l paid for the from this is expected. Very disappointed in the cleaning staff.

Location was good but a bit of a walk to the main shopping mall. The views were terrific but only because l paid for them. If you were any lower than 15th floor you would have a building in front and no views at all.

• Superior King Room

Room service meal was very disappointing, missing ingredient listed on menu & very expensive for basic ingredients. Spa bath scratched & chipped. No dvd or anything besides TV (of course you have to pay for movies) Only 1 chair at desk that was right height for eating, one partner has to sit on bed or lounge chair which means plate is too low or on lap. Valet parking was incredibly expensive

The bed was very comfortable & buffet breakfast was great

Room Smelt musty.. No mini bar supplies Thimble size beverage cups TV on the smaller size and too low ..needs to be higher or on the wall.

Comfortable bed Close to concert Hall

Room was very comfortable Breakfast was very good The bar area had a great atmosphere Dinner at the restaurant was fabulous Staff were very friendly and helpful

When arriving at the duxton although the staff were very nice we did not get told when breakfast was nor about any of the facilities you had to offer which we were quite disappointed about.

Loved the view from our room, all the staff were very welcoming and it’s in a great location.

• Deluxe Twin Room

It was a treat for me but i felt it was over priced for the standard. Its cheaper to stay at the crown. Room service food was Yuk. (AirPort food) breakfast cold. Bed to hard. Aircon not cold enough on a warm day. 2 homeless Aboriginal in front foyer late monday evening. Felt very uncomfortable. They were begging. Not what I would expect at any 5 star hotel. Disappointed over all.

It was close to my appointment

The lighting in the room was challenging. The night light did not appear to have an off switch and was too bright - keeping us awake. There was only one bath towel provided and although we could have called to get another, I would have expected there to be 2 towels as I had booked the room for 2 guests. I also have come to expect bath robes in a room such as this and they were not provided.

The location for our purposes was fantastic. The staff were very friendly.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Its not good priced accommodation for a sole traveller.

The location was great and staff were terrific. The bathrooms are a little old fashioned by today's standards and could use a face lift, but everything was clean and comfortable.

The TV remote was faulty

The location was perfect,the service was good,the TV remote was faulty,The rate was a bit high.We did not use the swimming pool or have any meals.We would definitely use this hotel on our next visit,Thank you very much.

This Hotel was beautifully decorated with very helpful friendly staff and a magnificent breakfast The bed was extremely comfortable.An overall wonderful stay

The check out time too early. I actually found that average hotel in Perth have similar check out time. Our previous hotel in Perth chek out time at 11am but they allow us to late check out at 3 pm FOC.

The hotel building kinda old but seems they have done some renovation which is nice. I love the fact that the location close to the quay. I appreciate the staff to let me late check out at 12 pm. I didn't get a chance to dine in their restaurant, but a lot of people recommend it.

There were no bathrobes in the room and no toothpaste provided..for a luxury hotel that was dissapointing.

It was my partners birthday and they left chocolates in the room for him. That was lovely.

Rooms need a refresh and windows can't be opened. Mini bar is not available and bottled water supply was limited. Corridor light fittings very nice but dusty and need cleaning.

Very good restaurant and staff service.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The walls in the rooms were very thin. We had a very loud girl on the phone next door for hours. Decided to go to reception to compain at about 10.30pm and the noise did stop however, it started again at midnight. A good bang on the wall and it stopped...luckily. For such a nice hotel I would expect more sound proofing! Or maybe the girl was just ridiculously loud?

Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious.

For a hotel with their reputation and cost, I was surprised that we had to take our own bags up the room - probably would have anyway, but an offer would have been appreciated. Ordered a newspaper for the morning and none delivered - again, not a big issue but would have been useful

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel shows its age, particularly the rooms. Our room smelt of that old musky odour. It was dated.

The location. We attended the wedding at the hotel.

Terrible, terrible pillows felt like cans in a wheat sack could have ordered off the pillow menu but for a 5 star hotel shouldn't have too.

Fantastic service from staff, comfortable bed

• Deluxe Twin Room

Check in I was left for too long whilst my booking via this agency was found. The room service chicken caeser salad was the worst I have ever encountered. No dressing and the chicken was bland and tough with a few croutons and lettuce leaves. It was also delivered 10 minutes late of the requested time when ordered three hours in advance and I had to call to chase up. Pillows and bed were not of a standard you would expect. Pillows were lumpy and the bed was uneven in support.

The location next to Perth Concert Hall was incredibly convenient. The lobby is very nice and the hotel has the right kind of ambience.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Would have been nice having option to have a light breakfast/cafe style rather than buffet

Bed was very comfortable - great having a bath and shower :)

The coloured ornamental bed pillows, Had some crusted goop on then. Perhaps a splash of eggs yolk?? They looked like they hadn't been washed for quite a while. I asked for my car, it was brought to the front and parked down the bottom. No problem, when the crowd cleared I gave my ticket to the young man he said he'll bring it right up for us. He vanished inside. 10mns later I walked in and asked for my key. Another young man retrieved if from the room in front of me.He apologiesed and ran down to get my car. Which we were looking at for ten mins. No other cars were being delivered in that time. The wedding rush had passed. I understand if the first gentleman was asked to do something else. But surely he could have asked someone else to take over for us. Anyway all in all. Not a bad stay. I've had worse. Ta

The bed mattress was perfect. Very rare. The shower head was excellent too. Aircon was not noisy. The room was very comfortable, pleasure to stay in.

Average city view from our room and room service and pool side food a little expensive.

Comfortable king bed, clean spacious room, friendly staff, easy valet parking, nice little swimming pool, great little bar.

The room service and food were of poor quality. Children were running around the pool area unsupervised. The water in the spa looked cloudy so I didn’t even get to go in. Paying for the room they were going to charge me an extra 1.5% more just to use my credit card.

The bed was comfortable.

Couldn’t have a spa due to heating problems I think!

Staff were great and we were well looked after with an upgrade to a club room with sparkling wine in room fridge. A token cheese cake after a delicious dinner was very cute. Loved the comfy bed and pillows and the layout of the room. Bathroom accessories were great, large towels awesome. Plenty of tea and coffee.👍👍👍😀😀😀

• Deluxe Twin Room

It was all good except for the noise from other guests going in and out of rooms through the night. I was kept awake for a couple of hours between 1am-3pm due to slamming doors. It would be great if the hotel could find a way to reduce the noise of doors shutting.

comfortable, spacious and clean. Friendly and efficient service.

Empty bar fridge, shampoo, conditioner etc tubes too little, only enough for one person. Pool way to cold. And only one set of sunlounges. No self parking options, expensive for valet parking.

Beds and pillows comfortable, towels nice and fluffy, clean, friendly staff.

• Deluxe Twin Room

For upmarket accommodation the decor seemed a bit dated. Pool and spa were in need of a facelift too. Room service menu was limited and expensive for someone with children.

Bathroom was immaculate.

From the moment we were greeted at the front door until the moment we drove away, the staff were helpful and polite. Everything about our stay was great. Just wish we could have stayed longer. We will be booking at the Duxton again for sure.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We came up to Perth from Mandurah for our 50th wedding anniversary. We were greeted with smiles and warmth from the amazing valet staff who parked our car and noticed we had left a water bottle in the car and thought we might need it. It brought it to our room. Very kind..the girl on reception was gentle and so happy, congratulated us and made us so welcome...the bottle of bubbly in our room was unexpected and delightful...The breakfast was of the highest standard and for us the selection of fresh raw food was a delight, beautifully presented hot foods, the best buffet breakfast in Perth, compliments to the chef. We loved our stay and oh did I mention the magnificent river views from our comfortable peaceful room. We have always loved the Duxton it has a solid,classic, gentle elegance about it.

An amazing breakfast buffet, probably the best I've had on a business trip in a while. Otherwise a good standard across the rest of the hotel. Good size rooms, friendly staff, and a good location.

We liked everything!

The Club Rooms are excellent. They also include breakfast and drinks and canapes in the Club Room restaurant. The canapes are generous, and are sufficient as dinner, so if you stay in a Club Room, you only need to purchase lunch outside the hotel. The staff were all lovely. The pool was awesome. We will be staying here again! Thanks for a fabulous weekend.

Only complaint, Hot Water tap of shower in room 909 was jammed-on and therefore could not be used. Apart from that our stay was a pleasant experience.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room itself was well-appointed and the beds were very comfortable. Requests were attended promptly, and all staff were polite and attentive without being intrusive. I appreciated the option of having the bar-fridge emptied prior to my check-in, thus reducing the obligatory security-deposit from $300 to $150. My guest and I enjoyed the smorgasbord breakfast,and were impressed by both the range of food and the quality.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The room needed a bit of a makeover. The bathtub had rust stains, no ventilation in the bathroom. The booking was initially incorrect and had to be rectified.

The river view was spectacular and location was excellent for the Sky Show

• Superior King Room

Error at checkout. Staff member double transacted with my debit card creating confusion and extra inconvenience for me.

Hospitable friendly professional staff. Very nice pool and spa. Massive luxurious room.

Valet street parking offered without clear pricing - excessive for services offered. If price and on-street parking would have been clear I most certainly would not have used it. I felt ripped of when I paid the final bill.

Great location and easy check in. Comfy bed and nice linen.

• Club King Room

Clubs rooms amazing!! free evening drinks and canapes and breakfast in morning in club lounge on 14th Floor with great views, all included was great! Rooms very spacious and well presented. Free chocolate plate on arrival for husbands birthday :) we will be back.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The gym equipment (cardio machines) need a thorough servicing or upgrading, bathroom wasn’t cleaned well (long hair from a previous person left behind in a few spots).

Staff at front desk were great.

The pool only has two sunbeds although there are tables and seats available.

Lovely property in a great location for getting around Perth. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Rooms are a good size and spotlessly clean, they are well equipped with tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer and iron.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We hosted a wedding, but was a disappointed with the mains. It was not up to par with the dish we taste tested a few weeks prior to the wedding. All other courses and other meals (breakfasts, room service) were good. The owner of the company the Duxton partner with for weddings were rude during the set-up the Saturday morning. Valet parking is great, but expensive.

Breakfasts were good - the coffee however were not good at all. One of the valet parking guys - Eduard - delivered absolute excellent service

The pool area is a little small for the size of this hotel and the amount of sun beds insufficient

The bed was extremely comfortable and the service was excellent

• Suite

The club, lounge was struggling with numbers on the 3 nights. The new staff were very nice, but did not know the difference between champagne and processco. The supply of food was also and issue. Not sure if so many tables of 4 work as many guests are couples? There were quite a few disgruntled guests that either had to share tables, or turned up 30 minutes after opening and all the food was gone. The cleaner did forget to leave new bottles of complementary water in the room, even though the bottles on the bedside were open and half drunk. The complementary biscuits were also not replaced. The bathrooms are starting to show the age, the shower doors in the suites don't seal and the floor in front of toilet gets flooded. The shower also shows signs of mould in the grout. The tv did not get the discovery, and national geographic channels after the first day. Driving in to the entrance, can be an issue as you have to go around the block and approach from the river side, as you cannot turn in off st George's terrace.

The Hotel always makes you feel important. The reception staff and the door staff are very friendly and always wanting to help. The lady in the club Goma, is always very friendly, helpful, and her service is excellent. Great staff and a great stay

The rooms may need some attention due to age but otherwise very good.

The food at the restaurant is fabulous especially the breakfast which was always fresh and served hot. The dinner menu is fresh and served fresh and promptly and the wait staff are extremely accommodating.The hotel staff were also very welcoming and helpful.

• Suite

Self serve drinks in lounge would be better. Had to wait for service and it was quite busy.

Spacious suite and bathroom. Lovely toiletries. Good breakfast. Drinks in lounge good.

TV guide would have been good. I Also I had no idea of the breakfast menu or dinner menu for the restaurant.our stay

The foyer was very impressive. Convenience store and cafe were Conveniently close.

We received a warm welcome from the minute we arrived. The young man who greeted us was charming and asked our names and the reason for our stay then remembered the following day. It was a lovely personal touch that meant a lot.

The performance of the 'free wifi' was worse than useless, I could barely download emails. I ran a broadband speed test and was rewarded with only 50 KBPS!

The room I stayed in was a good size with plenty of space to move about, good desk and chair and the bed was very comfortable. I was also very impressed by the lack of noise in the room, no plumbing or elevators clanking away during the night and traffic noise level is very low.

The bathroom was dated and had no towels room was small and it was very expensive once you added breakfast and parking in didn't like the fact that they took 300 dollars as a deposit too

The bed was comfortable breakfast was lovely

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very noisy couple next door. They were having fun all night and all morning. It made sleep almost impossible. Have never encountered this anywhere. Are some rooms worse than others for noise ?

Love this hotel. Have stayed here on numerous occasions. Club rooms are definitely worth paying for.

Room service pizza very under done and soggy (but very good fresh side salad). Wifi code incorrect. View requested but got view of back of another building. Tv remote control stopped working - batteries? Valet parking far too expensive so used off site parking.

The decor was dated and the inability to open any windows meant that the aircon needed to be on all the time. The aircon was quite noisy. The TV was quite small for a room of it's size and the in house movies expensive. Would be nice to be able to mirror to the TV with own Netflix etc.

The room was nice and spacious and the bed was comfortable

I like poached eggs freshly made - the ones we had at the Club were kept warm in a container - not the same as downstairs in the restaurant.

It was quiet. Bed very comfortable. LIked lots of pillows.

Staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Club lounge was great. Great hospitality. Clean facilities. Staff went out of their way to ensure our stay during our wedding was good.

Having to queue for breakfast wasn’t ideal perhaps you need to implement a better process for when the hotel is fully booked. However the staff did their utmost to get everyone seated as soon as possible.

The whole stay was fabulous from start to finish you certainly get what you pay for

• Deluxe Twin Room

Unfortunately we had noisey people in the next room and after a long flight it was a bit annoying.

Excellent breakfast and good service. Excellent coffee

• Club King Room

Club evening pre-dinner food could be less mass produced & more gourmet from the kitchen. Maybe we have been spoilt at other upmarket hotels.

Beautiful timber everywhere, staff were very professional & friendly

while watching the movie we ordered the film kept freezing and we would have to start it over again. Was weird, happened like 5 times :/

Loved the food in the restaurant (especially the dessert ) The service was amazing through the whole hotel, so friendly & accommodating. Helped make our special night out just perfect :)

• Club King Room

The rooms overlooking the river were great.TheClubroom and especially the Staff made our holiday really good.The Firewater Grill Staff helped to make our Family get together Dinner memorable.Thank you to everyone.Till the next time.Patricia.

Well over due to be renovated. staff initially charged $134 for 2x$13 glasses of wine.ensuite small minimal space to put a wash bag. Bench for suit cases small. Couldn't put our 2 samsonlites on it.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Dirty tissue found on seat in bar. Corporate type feel to the dining experience; I would not recommend it as a venue for a romantic meal.

Bed was very comfortable, staff very helpful. The efficiency of the dining room staff meant we got to our night at the opera in good time.

• Superior King Room

muesli tasted funny, very little variety of fresh fruit same buffet eg scrambled eggs each day packet jam and butter very ordinary toaster very slow and underperforming smoked salmon could have had lemon on the side

smoked salmon

Terrible water pressure in the bathtub. It took 45 minutes to fill the tub. I was on the fourth floor. Also, the lighting was so dim I could barely read by it. The best lighting was inside the wardrobe.

Good location, friendly staff, clean etc

Super dated decor and facilities. Staff over it and pretty unhelpful with check in and out, knowledge of airport transport options was limited. Amenities either broken or worn. Steam room out of order during our stay. Bit remote from the main part of town, but easy to uber places. If ever in Perth, would stay elsewhere for sure - try the Como instead?! Hope this helps, fellow travellers!

Very little noise insulation. You’ll hear everything That happens in the corridor and in the rooms around you.

Good location, next to city center and waterfront.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing to dislike. Will be back it's my number one hotel to stay.

All round it's a top notch hotel to stay great service great rooms great staff and service.

street entrance to Hotel is difficult, parking car at front of hotel for short periods of 15 mins or so was also not easy so you need to provide some short term parking options

Room size was lovly

We had to put the heating on during the night to drown out the noise as room 212 snored so loudly. Bath was a little small.

Staff knowledgable about the area and where best places to eat andddrink. We mentioned it was our 30th anniversary and were surprised with a card and complimentary bottle of bubbly when we got back to the room.

There was very little if anything to complain about, the only issue that I had was the knife that was supplies at all meals to spread the butter with is difficult to use as it is very pointy at the end rather than a wider flater blade.

Restaurant was excellent, I ate both Breakfast and evening dinner. Saturday night buffet was top class.

The rooms need a complete refit. very dated and the bathroom was not what I would expect for a room of the value that it was. However, the room was comfortable.

The water fire grill restaurant attached within the hotel was excellent.

• Club King Room

Credit to the hotel the only thing I would pick Need strips of bacon not just the eye at the buff thoroughly enjoyed my stay

Everything was first class and as expected

Bathrooms don't have enough space on vanity for stuff or hand towel rail. The concierge didn't take our bags out of taxi or up to room. Wanted to fax something and there wasn't a scanner in business centre.

Breakfast buffet was good and egg station very good. Beds always comfortable and pillow menu option great. Well situated to town centre and Elizabeth Quay Free Wifi

• Superior King Room

The parking was limited the staff were rude the air-conditioner was super loud all night long. No towel rails. Pay only movies for the price of the night an additional $16 for a small screen movie seems ridiculous. $48 to park your car otherwise its on the street. The concierge hang up the phone twice whilst I was talking to him. I wouldn't go bsck ever or recommend it. .

The bed was nice and large

• Suite

Thought the food in the Club room was a bit limited Also would have appreciated a better selection of SavBlanc wine

Bed was comfy, loved the pillows The lady serving in the Club room was a amazing!

We were told there was no sports fox on tv and directed to a local pub. My husband ended up watching rugby game on his mobile phone. We then discovered later when turned tv on that you do have fox sports. When we told staff on check out there was no applogy!

Loved the spa outdoors