Reviews of Fraser Suites Sydney 5 stars

488 Kent Street, Sydney CBD, 2000 Sydney, Australia

#28 of 250 Holiday rentals in Sydney

Official check-out time 11am is too early

Most of the staffs were nice and helpful and the maintenance came quickly when the stove in kitchen was not working

• Premier One-Bedroom Suite

I paid approximately $300 a night, their are 41 floors. Iwas allocated on the 40th floor.... I was so looking forward to some R & R .... the furnishings needed upgrading and I expected to at least have a movie channel. Poor selection for television channels and not the latest smart TV either. Their was no stereo or sound system in the room. I have stayed at many hotels and very disappointed for the price I paid.

Amazing view and the amazing staff. The biggest credit to Frasier Suites is their lovely staff.

• Deluxe Studio

Fantastic location, just a 5 minute walk from Town Hall Station. Very clean and comfortable. In suite dining was excellent, and the service was fast. Super friendly and helpful staff, who had good knowledge of the local area and public transport options.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Suite

Pillows were plush but lumpy

Bed comfortable great views from 36th floor clean good shower. We were there only one night after a matinee so not much to say otherwise .suited our needs expensive for one night but that Saturday night in Sydney.

• Executive Studio - Higher Floor

We have stayed here before and really liked it so decided to stay again.This time was even better.Great view from the room looking towards darling harbour, bed was very very comfortable, great selection for breakfast and the staff very attentive. Hotel close to everything you need. Would stay here again and again.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The bed was really comfortable. It was a great experience! Wonderful views and excellent service. I do not have a lot of money so going out in the city is a big treat, and the value for money exceeded our expectations, it did not disappoint.

• Executive Studio - Higher Floor

gym floor is carpet which is worn and a trip hazard. swimming pool water is very cold, hardly anyone was swimming in it. most people just use the spa. pool area lighting is too dim which can be a safety hazard. the lifts are very slow. the rooms carpet has water stain and need proper cleaning. our room was on 40th floor. the window rubber seal is starting to fail and let in air draft. you can feel the cold air draft in the room, and hearing the air draft all night is like hearing a child crying in the distance! carparking price seems a bit high even to the city standard.

good location, well equipped gym and good length swimming pool

• Executive Studio - Higher Floor

very disappointed. one bath towel sent to my room was not properly cleaned. room is dusty. Staff not professional and not friendly. when made a mistake, they didn't even apologize for that. don't think I would return again.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

The room cleaning is on request only, lifts are somewhat slow, breakfast buffet has limited selection, hallway smelled of cigarette smoke on non smoking floor.

The location is excellent, gym is 24 hours through a swipe card access. Staff where quite receptive to requests

• Premier One-Bedroom Suite

There wasn't any spare towels or blankets. The parking for overnight directly across the road (3pm - 12pm) was $38 where as the hotel told me they charged $50. Not worth parking there if you're only there for 1 night.

The hotel constantly smelt amazing, you could even smell it out the front doors. Bed was really comfy too. I also had to extend the late check out and they were able to give me an hour for free.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The spa was out of order and the buffet could have had a larger variety. We didn’t get a view or high floor as requested.

The facilities were great and the room was lovely and clean. Nice and quiet hotel in a good location.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Sofa was more comfortable than the bed. Also it was a burden to find parking & It wasn’t pleasant walking around the carpark to get to the Lobby since the Lift had no access for guests who haven’t yet checked in.

Price was worth it, loved the Facilities and the views. Staff were very friendly and the rooms were clean. I would highly recommend and stay again

• Executive Studio - Higher Floor

The hotel is clean and the staffs are friendly. But we are not satisfied with the hotel security. It is so bad. At the first night, there are someone we do not know knocked our door at 12:30pm and then received a call from them. We have contacted the staffs to complaint about it. But we have not received any apologise and the reason why would this happened. At the second night, there are someone knocked our door again for housekeeping at 2pm. We are so scared. We told the staff at the counter and she said the property manager will investigate and then contact me about it later. However, I am so disappointed that I have not received any reply from them until now.

The hotel is clean and the staffs are friendly.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

The decor was a little old, needed to be updated and showed wear Parking was also a little expensive considering how much you pay to stay there.

The beds where comfy, great location. Staff where friendly

• Executive One-Bedroom Suite

There was nothing that I didn’t like

I really appreciated how the staff took care of us and made sure we were comfortable during our stay. They greeted us everytime we came in and left the building The room was excellent, amazing view and so comfortable and was more than what we expected.

• Deluxe Studio

The no cash deposit policy which is extremely prohibitive - I mean there is a huge influx of Asian tourists visiting Sydney. The practice in Asia - even at 5 star resorts that are far more expensive than this hotel is cash deposit or credit card. Adapt to your customer base please. Even more audacious is the fact that I used a cash deposit at Fraser Suits in KL, Malaysia - really?

Staff was flexible with me on not wanting to use my credit card for deposit -so they definitely put the customer first over their management's reckless policies

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

We loved the design, very modern and optimized but this didn't compromise the space. It is well equipped and well maintained. The toilet was clean and the toiletries is super fragrant and high quality

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

We were 5 friends on a girls weekend so I was worried that I would not be able to please everyone but Fraser Suites was perfect for all of us. There was heaps of room, the mini bar was not a rip off, all beds were comfy and the kitchen with dishwasher was great. We were able to leave our bags at reception before we checked in and after we checked out because we were shopping in town. The staff were fantastic and I loved that they let us check in 3 hours early and the 11am checkout time is so much better. I hate the whole quick get out before 10am especially after a late night. The suites are quiet, I heard no noise from other guests.

• Deluxe Studio

Perhaps the only negative I can think of is the "kitchen" facility was really a kitchenette. Only a microwave, sink, crockery and cutlery and a small fridge. Okay for continental breakfasts and reheating takeaway food but not for a fully self-catering stay. And the air conditioning was a tad idiosyncratic but once we got the hang of the "elevated" temperature gauge all was well.

Excellent wifi connection in all parts of the building we used. The gym was superb and the pool clean and refreshingly cool. The staff were extremely professional and friendly and tried, where at all possible, to ensure all our requests were met with positive results. The bed was very comfortable. This hotel is very handy to cheap eateries, walking distance to Circular Quay (20 mins) and very close to Darling Harbour, Chinatown and shopping on George St. Ideal location for us.

• Premier One-Bedroom Suite

Everything great just a shame we got charged more than the quoted price - a very minor $25 on a $1,000 bill for two nights isn't even a small issue but it does take away from what was otherwise excellent

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

The only thing I would have room to complain about is that even though many members of staff at the reception were very friendly, some were just not so nice.

Modern feel of the building, the fully stocked and many amenities available in the apartment, the daily service of the apartment (and the very friendly and accommodating cleaning staff), the apples!!

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

location--dififcult to access by own vehicle due to road closures around it . the price quoted on booking should have included the price of rollaway bed as the booking was made for 3 people ( and the facility had described to seep 3 in the accommodation.

comfortin the room

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

Location does not offer a lot of diversity re cafes and restaurants and difficult to eat breakfast other than in hotel .

Efficient and friendly reception staff plus good size rooms - esp apartment with kitchen .

• Executive Studio - Higher Floor

Great location, lovely and modern. Excellent facilities throughout, fantastic gym and pool with the latest equipment. Accessibility to eateries and other amenities on the doorstep. Would definitely stay here again

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Room carpet was stained and abit outdated furniture.

Very comfy bed!! the most amazing view in sydney! very friendly staff and car parking very convinient. Buffet breakfast was the best of the best!

• Executive Studio - Higher Floor

Doesn’t have a wow factor like some of the biggest hotels but the hotel is great value for money compared to other 5 star options.

Great location. Very spacious modern rooms. Awesome view. Staff are friendly and accommodating.

• Executive Studio - Higher Floor

Windows were not clean at all, if you were to take a picture of the view the cleanliness of your window would defiantly effect it in a bad way. The staff members when I checked in and checked out both didn’t know what they were doing nor did they explain anything. When I checked in the staff member just asked for my card and paypassed $100 out of my account and didn’t tell me what it was for and when I checked out I asked about the money being taken out and he said they were adding on a extra $100 to my price when the advertised price was $320 not $420 then for the staff member to get all confused when I confronted him about the price which he just looked at me blankly then speak to me in a mumbled tone which I could not understand. In the end I had to get him to explain to me 3 time why the extra $100 was taken out and was finally told for the bond and which he wasn’t sure whether they give it back or not (I didn’t ruin anything in the room as I only was there for sleeping) he then wasn’t sure how long it was take to go back into my account. For the price I paid I feel like breakfast should be included as the hotel room isn’t big at all and all staff should be trained a little better in explaining things rather then feeling like the customer should just know.

• Deluxe Studio

Bathroom and view especially as was supposed to be upgraded. Was very expensive over $500 per night. Not worth the money at all. Breakfast was also very limited buffet.

Location and bed was comfortable

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

The large windows around the apartment were dirty so it wasn’t great for photos but we were on the 25th floor.

Very spacious and beautiful view. So quiet and peaceful inside the room.

• Deluxe Studio

everything was great just needed more power points to charge phone.

Lovely place to stay, really great location! Kitchen facilities were good, bed comfy and bathroom a nice size. Clean and modern

• Premier One-Bedroom Suite

A bit more variety with the type of breakfast food for the buffet menu

Bed was very comfy, facilities and lay out of the apartment was very safe and convenient even for an active toddler! Reasonable variety of breakfast buffet

• Executive Studio - Higher Floor

Cleanliness of our shower. The grout areas were not as clean as they should be o the back wall. Also the drain cover was in need of replacement as it was suffering from scoring badly and was not healthy in it's appearance.

Breakfast menu was very good. Maybe a couple more cereal options like muesli etc. Also some multi-grain toast slices would be good.

• Deluxe Studio

Breakfast is limited. Ran out of multigrain bread. Restaurant is also kinda dark and enclosed. Bathroom shower cannot be fully covered, allowing water to spray into toilet area.

The staff got me a room even before check-in time.

• Deluxe Studio

Having to leave a $300 deposit, 1 week later & still don't have money back even though staff said will email bank to get it released earlier!

Nice room, small things could be updated, stratches on furniture, new bin in bathroom. Overall fine.

• Premier One-Bedroom Suite

The pool is interesting as it has a couple glass bottoms, but the fact that it is indoor means it feels more like an exercise pool rather than a relaxing pool. Also the gym needs a bit more equipment, and I don't mean more running machines.

The beds are large and comfy. I felt at home in the apartment.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The parking was made out to be perceived as “included in the initial charge”, to my surprise upon checkout it was not

Having a corner room, the view was amazing

• Deluxe Studio

Too small It’s said darling harbour view Was only building views

It’s clean But was to small for a delux suite was hoping there was a balcony and more space And no spa only shower Thought it had more options

• Deluxe Studio

Being ripped off and taken advantage of

I will never stay again - for the sake of charging me double the usual nightly rate you have ensured I will never stay again. Well done.

• Deluxe Studio

Stains on the headboard of the bed.

Everything. Great with complementary coffee besides the coffee at breakfast. Fantastic view from the 40th floor.

• Deluxe Studio

No kitchenette as there are no cooking facilities, limited space in fridge as it serves as minibar. Some unfresh smell in room possibly from carpet.

Great location, in-room coffee machine

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

I somehow got the impression that breakfast was complementary. It would’ve been good if it was made more clear that is was not

The room was very spacious.

• Premier One-Bedroom Suite

A slight wifi issue didn't allow us to use it but that was a system error.

At every turn we found the bed, the pressure in the shower, the room in the bathroom for two, the pillows! OMG they were spectacular! The space in the suite was more than ample, the facilities in the hotel, the food at breakfast and the service, unexpected yet professional, polite and friendly. We're hooked!!

• Deluxe Studio

Gym and pool were some of the best I’ve seen in Sydney. I could continue my training without missing a beat. Parking was easy to use and reasonably priced for Sydney.

• Deluxe Studio

You don't get value for money. Had to change room immediately because of a strong smell. The power plugs stopped working for a certain area of the room and we had to work with an extension cord. It's just not a good time experience.

Centrally located. Close to darling harbour

• Deluxe Studio

Choose the one bedroom apartment over the deluxe studio for more space

We stayed 3 nights in a Delux Studio apartment which was fantastic. The service was impeccable with front desk being very accommodating when we wanted to book an extra night. Housekeeping was on the ball and the room was cleaned beautifully daily. A lovely pool, spa and sauna area. The location was excellent at the top end of Kent St, nearby China Town and Darling Harbour with easy access to shopping in the city and good restaurants and pubs nearby. We frequented The Belvedere for a drink at the roof top bar and dined at La Guillotine French restaurant just down the road. We found the room rate very reasonable for a City stay but would probably choose a one bedroom apartment next time to add some space. Would recommend booking direct with the hotel for better deals and more personalised service. We usually stay in the Rocks area when visiting the City but were very impressed with this location and will definitely stay again. If only it could be tonight!

• Deluxe Studio

None of the snacks are offered free from charges There is only one wall socket and it is weirdly located (as in neither close to workstation or bed). Have to look everywhere to find a socket to charge my laptop.

In a small area, they offer everything you would need at home except for heating sources. What I like most is a little bag of dishwashing liquid which put my mind at ease before I have to use cutleries, mugs, and wine glasses.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

-Shower cubicle design floods the entire bathroom in seconds no matter how careful you are! -No view, looking straight into another apartment block -can be quite noisy some nights -Lifts are really slow, especially during breakfast and check-out time -Living room can be a lil brighter -dedicated drinks/wine chiller -Car park is a lil expensive, but hey, this is Sydney CBD -Access card tapping in lift wonky... its gets really annoying!

+Location! 3mins walk to major shopping streets! +Right across QVB via “secret passage” which we only discovered the last few days of my stay! + quite complete kitchen facilities, we cooked quite many meals, especially for the children.

• Executive Studio - Higher Floor

I couldnt fault the experience

From the moment I booked, i had a great feeling. I checked in with ease and the staff were all super friendly. Made this stay a very easy and enjoyable time. I would highly recommend and will definitely return.

• Executive One-Bedroom Suite

We stayed in a 1 bdrm suite with a limit of 3 ppl, including children which is seems low for such a spacious suite and difficult for families. Other hotels have a limit of 4 for a twin studio. We stayed 2 nights, first night was fairly quiet but 2nd night there was a huge party in the room next to us until 1am.

The suite was spacious and clean. The bed was large and very comfy. Great location, walking destance to everything you need.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

The cleaning of the room seemed rushed and the fridge did not smell very fresh. Although the breakfast was very nice and the choice was great, the hot food was not very hot. Again, the staff were very nice and helpful.

The hotel overall was really quite nice and the location is GREAT, it just didn't fully meet our expectations. The staff were very nice and helpful! The amenities local to the hotel are very good! Overall, the hotel facilities were quite nice.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The floor tiles in my shower were popping up. You could use them as mini spring boards. Reported it but nothing seemed have been done. The front desk staff did not even update me on the situation. I could have injured my foot. No electrical point available at the bedside tables for charging phone.

Love the location. It's right in the middle of little japan, and near Chinatown. Close to my office at Darling park. Bed was comfortable. Room was cleaned well. Good gym.

• Deluxe Studio

The room was not big enough to use the facilities. The kitchen counter was very small and there was no where for 2 people to sit to eat. The carpet was tired and dirty I prefer my quilt to be enclosed in a quilt cover, not sandwiched between sheets.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Fraser is in the middle of Kent next to all the shopping malls, Chinatown, Queen Victoria Building, and Town Hall train station. Buffet breakfast is fantastic with choices of bacon. eggs, fresh fruits, cold pressed juices and smoothies, pastries, yogurts, dried fruits, pancakes, and espresso coffee. Also had washer and dryer in suite that was handy. Swimmers can go to the lap pool.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

The service was extremely average for the price they are charging. We were there three nights and didn’t have our linen or towels changed once even after calling and asking several times. One rooms mattress had makeup stains upon arrival. The spa was cold and not an enjoyable experience. We ended up cancelling our last night as it really wasn’t worth the money

Comfortable bed & good shower pressure

Just extra blankets

That was gorgeous! The best of accommodation I've been in Sydney! Luxury interior and perfected facilities (furniture and kitchen . .)

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

Check in process was exhausting, staff could not explain effectively when we asked for a split payment. The drying machine made a horrible noise and again it seems very complicated to make a request to the staff to fix it. This was not the experiences that we wanted for the money we paid for.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

I booked a deluxe apartment and have to say I was disappointed. I stayed with Fraser Suites Sydney in September and had a lovely room which I can only think must have been upgraded as the deluxe apartment was fine but it was not close to being 5 star.

Staff were friendly and very efficient.

Everything was fine.

We were upgraded to a better room. The place was exceptionally clean and modern. The breakfast provided a wide choice of food.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Deluxe Studio

Had to wait for the elevators quite much.

Got an upgrade to a bigger room, which was really great. Plus, the view of the city from the apartments is quite good. Washer/ Dryer per apartment is very helpful.

• Deluxe Studio

Near the entrance I think there is a waste store and the odour was quite off putting on arrival and when we had to walk past it to get out and about! once inside the building there is no evidence of this. Maybe could look at improving on this!

the apartments were in a great location! Rooms are well equipped and the staff were very helpful on both check in and out! just a shame that we only stayed for one night! would use them again should we return to Sydney! many thanks, Suzy

• Executive Studio - Higher Floor

aircon didn't work during the evening and the shower tiles need to be replaced as they are old and obviously no longer able to be cleaned properly. otherwise the room was fine.

• Deluxe Studio

Advise re bond on returned after 10 days. It would be good for staff to be upfront about this when taking payment

The staff member at check in was fantastic and helpful in getting me an early check in due to a early morning arrival

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

This is usually a great place to stay. On this occasion though the air conditioning was not working in my suite. The place was full so they couldn’t move me and instead gave me a fan. Because we only discovered this late at night when I finally got back to my room it was too late for the maintenance staff to fix. It was a very warm room as a result - uncomfortably so. Night staff were helpful and clearly not theIr fault. Perhaps they should check the rooms more thoroughly in future prior to guests checking in that everything works.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

There were several days where our room wasn't cleaned while we were away despite we hang the sign on our door. But when after 2 and half day we finally asked it at the reception, it was made right away. So problem solved quickly. Some spare big towels would be nice.

The 1 bedroom deluxe suite was spacious with all the comfort needed. The bed was awesome. Curtains were efficient as well as the aircon. Easy walking distance to Pitt St mall.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

In room dining doesn't start till 6pm.

Everything. The staff go above and beyond compare. I had surgery a few days prior and they checked me in early and were just fantastic! Five star service.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Desk/work area in my apartment was looking a little tired, with few power outlets available.

Excellent central location for all the city attractions. Underground parking on site. Superb breakfast choice and high quality L'Occitane toiletries.

• Deluxe Studio

The staff were fantastic and friendly. The whole experience was fantastic. We have stayed in many apartments in the Sydney CBD and this would have to be one of the best.

• Deluxe Studio

Door to the room could be better secured, I would have felt better with an additional door lock or chain lock I know other hotels in Sydney routinely provide. Security was a concern for me and I will not return unless the facility upgrades this aspect.

Cleanliness and location central to shops, coffee and public amenities

• Executive Studio - Higher Floor

All Sydney hotels are too expensive or they were the week I was there. Prices vary incredibly for no obvious reason.

Good - I was not there for Logan's did not have time to try any extras - but service very friendly and tea in room very good.

• Premier One-Bedroom Suite

we like the location and the facility provided in the apartment. it is very clean and modern. Huge apartement and great place. Will definately stay there again. the staff is very friendly and helpful. They can keep my luggage first without extra cost and call me after the room is ready.

• Deluxe Studio

No exhaust fan in the ensuite was the room's only drawback.

Room Service food was the best we have experienced at a very reasonable price. The location near shopping, trains and Darling Harbor was exceptional. The staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The in-room breakfast options left us a little wanting.

Cosy room with a great view. Bathroom was suitable and the bed was very comfortable. Lighting and amenities up to par. A great, affordable room for the end to a night out.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

nothing, when a lamp in the kitchen caused a blackout in our level, the problem was fixed 10 minutes later

The possibility to use the parking half an hour for free to unload (before returning the car, which is not really useful in the city) Swimming pool has a decent size very close to Town Hall (either for the train to the airport, more expensive, or the M20/400 combination)

• Premier One-Bedroom Suite

Booked here predominately for the indoor swimming pool, so 5 year old daughter could swim with father whilst I was at conference. Pool not heated. Extremely cold. If pool was heated would have been the perfect accommodation.

• Deluxe Two-Bedroom Suite

Nice hotel, had stayed here a couple year prior. Have to say that room furniture had a lot of wear and tear since I was last there which made the room look a bit cheap given how nice the hotel facilities etc are. Still relatively happy but you can see a difference in room quality since last time I stayed there

The size of the rooms - much better than most hotel rooms

Browse Fraser Suites Sydney traveller photo gallery