Reviews of Novotel Melbourne Glen Waverley 4.5 stars

285 Springvale Road, 3150 Glen Waverley, Australia

#2 of 14 hotels in Glen Waverley

..the WiFi WASN'T free as implied on the question above and for the high cost of this room I did NOT appreciate being chipped another 10 bucks for 24 hours WiFi!!. And, since I'm in the moan box, In the room I had, I was disturbed by the lift machinery running all night.

.helpful and courteous staff

The parking was a bit difficult. Everyone seemed to want to stop at the front door and it all became a bit of a mess. Wouldn't have wanted to get a big car out of the parking garage. Quite tight.

The beds were really comfortable and great quality linen. Towels fluffy, toiletries good quality. The staff were just lovely. So friendly. Rooms quiet. No complaints at all.

The noise all I wanted was to sleep and not be disturbed. I should have slept in my car. People yelling near your door, people attempting to open your door, rattling widow and to top it off! THE LIFT!! Holy cow it’s 2018! Can’t you buy sealed bearings? And new cable? That noise was a joke! Thanks to your staff who after I said I just need to sleep gave me that room! Full marks!

Didn’t know about the wifi? What was the code?

• Standard Twin Room

Room is clean but nothing special

Staff went above and beyond contacting me before the stay to see what they could do for my friends 40th. A card, balloons and bottle of sparkling greeted us when we entered the room. Thank you so much!

• Standard Twin Room

Parking fee was expensive. Especially when you are paying so much for the stay. I'd rather have the option to pay for other amenities which are free than to pay for parking. $75 for 3 days is a bit too much.

Restaurant for breakfast was total disappointment. Baked beans cold, reconstituted scramble eggs, dirty breakfast bowls!!! Good coffee from the bar tho.

Lovely room, big bath towels, friendly staff

• Standard Twin Room

The lighting was terrible. The bathroom light was one that surrounded the mirror, with a 'white' light, too bright and glaring. However it was the brightest light in the whole room, and the room lights were almost non existent. The bed lamps were simply annoying, they were on a flexible arm so that you could angle them to where you wanted the light to shine, but they wouldn't move and stuck out from the bed head in a weird way. And the lights behind the bed head were also strange. Some 'normal' lights would have been great, like a standing lamp. And just from a safety point, when you opened the room door, it banged into the mirror wardrobe doors, I put a pillow in front of the wardrobe doors to stop any chance of breaking the mirrors.

The beds were very comfortable. And the room was a reasonable size. The staff were lovely and helpful, and happy to provide extra supplies when we asked for them.

More lighting in the bathroom would have been good.

I was in Melbourne to celebrate my 50th. The staff had surprised me with balloons and a cake in our room. We received an upgrade and the staff made sure we had a great stay. The bed was the most comfortable I had ever slept in. Thank you. See you when we’re back in Melbourne.

Restaurant in hotel was pricey and a little overrated but there were great alternatives around

Great location clean with great restaurants nearby and vibrant atmosphere at night

• Standard Twin Room

The artificial fragrance in foyer & bed room was very disappointing tho.' We are both autoimmune & cannot tolerate the toxicity of chemical & synthetic aroma or cleaning products eg: bed linen, towels & carpet sprays. Unfortunately we had to put-up with being uncomfortable, because it was not possible to open the window for some fresh air!!! The hot water jug could be better if stainless, instead of toxic plastic! We could not drink the other water purchased from desk at foyer as it smelled of tap water toxic chemicals.(chlorine & fleuride) We are Vegan so we prefer animal, sugar/low carb/white flour & vinegar free food choices! The animal slaughter, meat parts, depicted on the walls, menu & dining area were, for us, quite distasteful. We could not eat anything on the menu, so unfortunately, *we had to source meals elswhere, as did most the vegetarian people in our meditation conferance!!!

The bed was a lovely surprise, the Spring water was great.My grand Daughter & myself could retire conveniently to our room during the breaks in the program & have a cup of herbal or green tea. We were staying at Novotel for a Oneness Meditiation conferance. Staff very kindly allowed us extra bookout time thru' to afternoon, Appreciate this convenience Thank you to Novotel staff & association.

Everything was good

We were on a course there over the weekend so accommodation very convenient. But what made the stay really special was the beautiful, friendly, smiling, helpful staff. I' ve stayed in many 5 star establishments and its been a very long time since I've come across genuinely happy, friendly and engaging staff. Speaks volumes about the management. Well done. The last Accor visit was earlier this year on the Gold Coas at the Mecure. There We adopted the approach of sming and engaging staff for the week as they were not the happiest bunch. Especially Reception. Such a contrast at the Novatel who ways said good morning with a genuine smile. Thankyou.

Stepping over into the bath for a shower, it could get quite slippery once soap and shampoo were being used. And for myself, was a little close to the main road, the traffic noise was a little annoying, especially for a lazy sleep in on a Sunday morning

The bed was super comfy, staff were friendly and helpful when I arrived, check-in was faultless and I was upgraded to a better room at no cost to myself. Breakfast the next day was very good, plenty to choose from and the coffee was top notch

Not even a biscuit in the room to have with tea or coffee. For the price I paid the parking should have been inclusive also I felt breakfast should have been included. I have travelled all over the world and this was way over priced for what you were supplied in my view.

The bed was comfortable. Great view from the room.

Gym was quite basic

The staff was especially excellent - super helpful, always upbeat, took a personal interest in ensuring that we knew where to go and what to do

• Standard Twin Room

Night shift reception had poor presentation, he had coffee and food stains on his tie and shirt, and when I enquires, it came across he was annoyed and I was a burden to him.

Would like to see cutlery and maybe plates in the room for those late night snacks. Kept bumping the shower caddy, made the space rather narrow.

Loved the comfortable bed so much we wanted to bring it home with us. Even though it's right beside a main road, it was so quiet we didn't even notice what was going on outside. Great location, great facilities, everything was within walking distance and the staff were so friendly. Will definitely stay again.

Breakfast was good but probably not quite up to the standard and variety that you might expect in a four star hotel.

Very nice rooms - comfy beds - pleasant view from windows. Very clean and upmarket furnishings.

Nothing not to like :)

Great location which is close for visiting my daughter & grandson. Easy to get to the city by train. Fabulous restaurants close by.

The Airport Pick Up by RIDEWAYS was VERY BAD, I arrived at Melbourne Airport about 10:20, I called and called Rideways and only at about 13:15 that the car arrived to pick me up. Can I get a compensation for this delay and inconvenience?

• Standard Twin Room

$25 per day for car parking......

Be aware it is a good 40 minute drive from the CBD. We were attending sporting events in the area so it was perfect for our stay. The staff were very friendly.

• Standard Twin Room

The rooms were not sound proof at all - we were woken in the middle of the night by a baby crying across the hall & also again in the morning by a child down the hallway.

The room was spacious & the beds comfy. The staff were very friendly

I've ask for special pillow,during the night. receive it without pillow case.f&b brought it up. And parking at the front it's abit difficult have to turn around till there a space to park.

Quite room ,nice shower.room very clean.

When the most basic hotels offer free wifi I struggle to understand how a place like this wants to charge you for it. At $25/Night the parking rates are what I would expect to pay in the city, not way out in the suburbs. The iron in the room didn’t work and wasn’t fixed or replaced despite being reported on the first night we were there.

Great location, comfy bed and sofa/chaise and possibly the best placement of power points I’ve experienced (that sounds odd but with iPads and phones to charge we really appreciated it). While we balked at paying $25/night for parking we had no trouble getting a spot nearby.

The food menu was very pricey , everything costed way too much

The rooms where very clean , bed was comfortable, service was great , got a 5pm late checkout which was awesome!

Shower over bath is unsafe. A shower cubicle is a safer and more modern option. Better for seniors to negotiate.

Excellent location for our requirements

• Standard Twin Room

The Air Quality was stuffy, ie no fresh air. No free WIFI, had to pay for parking. Would have been nice to have Foxtel(not pay for it) Overall not what I expected as this was our first time at the Novotel

The bed was comfy, Amenities new and clean, The Staff friendly

• Standard Twin Room

My van was too tall to park underground and there is no other parking options except in a public car park. Had to take the chance that my van would be safe overnight and that I wouldn’t get fined.

Beds were super comfy.

There were big black spiders inside the bed sheets and when the staff was told they said it is very common to find spiders in there hotel even in rooms of third floor of there hotels. We had to change rooms at 1 am . Customer manager we spoked in the morning was useless and his arrogant communication was terrible.

Location good

Rooms were so small even for a king size. Bathrooms are old and dirty and bathtub can hardly fit one person. For a brand like "Novotel" I think a motel would be better. Towels were dirty and air conditioning was old. We left the hotel to find a better place within hrs of trying to stay there. Plus they charged $2.21 extra than what bookings.com mentioned.

Bed was comfortable

• Standard Twin Room

The pool area was a little sparse and cold. Could do with a face lift.

Great value for money easy access to train and buses. Staff very accomodating. Breakfast area kept clean and food very good. We will definitely stay there again.

• Standard Twin Room

continuous light around the door from the hallway light being on. Shower hardly had any pressure. Had to pay extra $25.00 for parking.

such a lovely welcoming place to stay . We were given a breakfast pack as we had to depart early before the breakfast buffet was open. Very comfy beds and pillows

Parking charges.

Could not fault the customer service that we received from all of the staff. Easy to drive to the hotel and easy walking distance to Train station. Lots of different restaurants, entertainment venues and shops, close by. Rooms are neat and clean. Buffet breakfast was great!

Breakfast and the staff did not notify us they we could order additional items to have cooked for breakfast

The Cooked buffet breakfast was not very nice,

Value for money and location is poor. Novotel - paid WIFI is robbery. All around the world it's free.

Pippa the lovely English lady on reception on Thursday morning was exceptional. She personified hospitality. Her colleagues the night before on arrival could learn a lot from her as they were poor at hospitality.

Nice, modern and cozy room. Staff were helpful, friendly and professional. Room service dinner from the butcher's bench was absolutely delicious and breakfast buffet at restaurant was ok. The only thing was the hallway lighting pouring in even after I had turned off the lights in the room to sleep. My room was facing Springvale road but soundproof enough not to hear the cars passing by. Nice places around to explore (cinema, shopping center and train station).

Was a great hotel - staff were extremely helpful in looking after my daughter and making sure she was fed at such an early departure time. Will be back :)

The staff at breakfast seemed disinterested and lacking guidance. They took a long time to clear the tables around us even though the staff didnt seem busy. They would walk out into the kitchen without anything in their hands. They didn't seem to be supervised.

• Standard Twin Room

I was selected as "Guest of the Day" and upgraded to a suite which was fantastic. The staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. They delivered a free dessert as part of my treat for being "Guest of the Day". Made me feel very welcome and special!

I would have preferred not to have to pay for parking. Also it would have been good not to have to have paid by the hour for the late check out.

The reception staff were very helpful & very professional. The cleaning staff were very friendly & cheerful & helpful.

• Standard Twin Room

I drove a big van and forgot to check when booking if I had somewhere to park. The girl at the desk was really helpful and found an area for me to park in which I really appreciated. I had dinner in the restaurant and the meal was fabulous.

The breakfast costs was absurdly over the top. I went to a café bar in the mall, had toast and a pot of tea for AUD$9.50. I'm sure there are many patrons who don't want an over priced breakfast banquet.

The facility's in the room was excellent.

• Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was a crowded mess of people and kids everywhere, with not enough seating within the restaurant. However the Restaurant Manager was very accommodating for our needs.

Was unable to supply a plug adapter from American to Australian which indicates that it is not able to fulfill the requirements of an international traveler. I had the leave the hotel with batteries of mobile phone and computer fully drained. Secondly I had to have breakfast without coffee because the waiter took so long. I managed to eat a full buffet breakfast, yet the coffee did not come in time (1st Aug 2017)....unacceptable

Nice, clean, functional

That they didn't have body lotion in the bathroom, my skin always dries out when flying, so this is a welcome inclusion

Dean was amazing at check-in, I'd had a rough day and he was so welcoming, gave me a room with a bath and a drink voucher to make up for it. The room was large and the bed and pillows were super comfortable. They also had a pillow menu. The breakfast was great! Lots of variety and fresh with staff who seemed to actually enjoy their jobs. They also have a pool, gym and sauna for those looking for these facilities.

Should be free parking, maybe happy hour, which most people would enjoy a treat

Loved the breakie, should extend time to 11 o'clock though Loved the deal, will come back

• Standard Twin Room

Some of the bar patrons spoilt the ambiance with their loud outburst and the staff did nothing about it, after all it is for everybodys enjoyment and they were one table that were outrageously loud and drunk.

We experienced the best rib eye steak in your restaurant and excellent wine

Everything was perfect. Nothing we didn't like.

We love staying at the Novotel Glen Waverley. Our recent stay was for our 40th Wedding Anniversary (2nd July). From the very beginning, everything was amazing. Thank you especially Bernadette, who checked us in.

Parking cost $25/day which I am happy to pay in a busy area, providing it is guaranteed! One night we had to park out on the street around the corner from the hotel as the hotel parking was full anyway - but we were still charged the $25 for that day as we had used the park during the afternoon.

Great location, nice facilities and helpful staff.

Absolutely nothing.

Novotel Glen Waverley is secure for both guest & car. An excellent hotel which will always be my first choice when staying in Melbourne. This was my 10th stay & it was just as excellent as the first.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Dinner menu vague. End'd up with a disappointing meal because didn't know what the menu was presenting. Paid Wifi is 3rd world. Room ordered breakfast never eventuated. Left at 6.30am with no breakfast. On arrival, the booking was not to be found.

Staff very helpful. Room very comfortable. Staff compensated well for all their mistakes.

The rooms are a little bit tired and stuffy, no fresh air as windows can't open.

The position of this hotel is brilliant, lots of restaurants and cafes. The room service food was so good and the staff were all excellent. Easy check in and out.

Should have free Wi-Fi

Reception Staff were exceptional. Friendly, helpful and pleasant. As usual, my bed was so comfortable, as was the pillow and I slept very soundly. Being allowed to leave my car in the carpark until I finished my shopping spree at The Glen is always a bonus. So close to the Cinema and great eateries.

Need slightly softer lighting in the bathroom.

Friendly staff, always had a smile. Room was comfy and very clean. Bathroom was nice, could perhaps do with a bit of renovation and the lighting in the bathroom seemed very harsh. Plenty of nice places to eat in the area, was there on a Friday night and Glen Waverley was vibrant with people out eating and drinking on a warm autumn evening.

Didn't get teabags one day which disappointed.

We liked the upgrade; which we did not expect. We liked the cleanliness of the room., the standard has picked up since we stayed there last. We liked the cleaners going about their business quietly., it was as if they weren't there at all.

• Standard Twin Room

Location is amazing - the hotel is in the centre of everything. The service is also fast and efficient. We come back to the hotel looking immaculate every time!

Swimming pool was extremely small, bathroom basin tap was very tight, room smells funny could be airfresher or cleaning product they use

Convenience walking distance to restaurants and cafes, great Chadstone shopping mall is only 15mins drive with great restaurants upstairs. friendly and helpful staff

• Standard Twin Room

I liked everything. But if I had to recommend any improvements it would be to make sure you don't run out of scrambled eggs at breakfast.

I had a broken leg and getting around on crutches, staff were super accommodating. They went out of their way to change my room to handicapped friendly room and delivered a nice bottle of wine and cookies on to my room.

Absolutely nothing

There was a problem with available rooms while checking in, and we were upgraded to a king suite at no extra cost. The suite was absolutely beautiful and we enjoyed every bit of it. The room was very quiet and also plenty of restaurants and entertainment around the area. 6 stars

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Location but you can't help that. Too far from the city. But the resturants and shops around there where very good and it was a surprise to find them there.

The bed was super comfy and the room was very spacious and very clean. Very happy with our stay

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

No provisions for toothbrushes, toothpaste & mineral water which HOTELS we stay in other places do.

A good location which gives easy access to eating places, chemist shops, train station etc

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

For the amount I paid for the room, I feel I could have been better off in the other hotels nearby who were going for 10-20% cheaper per night. It was just a standard room, not worth the price.

Location of the hotel is excellent. Lots of restaurants and train station nearby.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

A $300 bond. Really!!!! A little rich. This overdrew my credit card and became very embarrasing at check out time. Pay for parking $25 per vehicle!!! again really, & pay for internet- enough already. Beware the price per night is the base price plus don't forget to add on the extras. Very sharp deep descent to get into the car park and don't miss to swipe your keycard before you get to the barrier.

Wonderful room. Wonderful bed and bathroon. Air con ran all day and night being 36c outside. Lovely linen- could not falter. An enjoyab;e stay nonetheless

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

We went for breakfast around 10am, plate was empty, pancake machine was not working, hot water and full cream milk was empty in tea station. Even breakfast finish at 11, could be bone better.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Standard Twin Room

The room was so hot when we arrived. it would have been nice to walk in to a cool room. Also I think the price was way to high for the location as well as the parking cost.

The room wa every modern

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Even though the company was paying the bill, the Meals in the restaurant are expensive.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was clean, modern and surprisingly silent considering you are on a very busy road.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The bed is nice and firm. We always get a really good sleep when we stay here. We like staying in Novetel Glen Waverley just for the superb sleep quality, not to mentions its location, cleanness and friendly staff.

• Standard Twin Room

Carpark - $25.00 a day for a Carpark outside of the city centre is a rip off. +Shower/bath is a little small.

The Staff were extremely friendly & helpful. The room was modern & very clean. Location is excellent. Plenty of Eateries, Cinema, Bowling Alley, Shopping Complex. The train to the city is only 5 minutes walk.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Proces

Thought it would. E nice to know that car parking would cost $25 extra. It is $22 in the Melbourne CBD overnight. Also the continental breakfast at $25 pp was over priced ++

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Cose I have to leave that place . I love that place thanks .

Only one thing I gona say on website they said breakfast included and wen I got there and say it's not beside that I love that place I love to book again in future .

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Check in, once again the check in was absolutely mind numbingly atrocious. My last visit took over half an hour, I had to leave my wife there while I took off to a meeting for which I was late. This time they blamed booking.com and once again had to go park and unload the car waiting for them to work it all out. Offered us a free drink voucher which didn't arrive. This place is and always has been understaffed on the from desk and the staff are simply overwhelmed . I'm a frequent traveller, a member of the Accor club and a regular to this hotel but it is nose diving which is a shame. The attitude of the overworked staff could be described as being as real as silicon, and somewhat ironic that one picture can tell a thousand words.

Location, close to many restaurants and all walking distance.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Nothing. Everything was good.

At checkin the gentleman was ever so polite nd made everything easy. A newly wedded couple nervous never been to a hotel before, felt very comfortable nd happy with the service provided. Thankyou very much.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

poor attitude of staff and management who were not able to manage parking spots and as a solution send you to unsecure parking, 10 minutes walk away in middle of night while raining

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

I didn't like that we had to pay an extra amount for breakfast. Our great ocean tour did not pick us up from here since it was not considered to be in Melbourne

The rooms we're clean and beds were nice.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Underground carpark was very low and pool area was quite basic and not very comfortable. Neither were major issues though.

Could not be closer to the train station, and was situated directly above an arcade with bowling, movies and restaurants. Staff were very helpful in directing us around the city and making our stay easier.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Small shower, no free internet access and a lot of hallway light shining through around the door frame at night.

Really friendly staff, nice restaurant downstairs, secure parking and comfortable bed.