Reviews of QT Gold Coast 5 stars

7 Staghorn Avenue, Surfers' Paradise, 4217 Gold Coast, Australia

#20 of 128 hotels in Gold Coast

• King Room with Mountain View

Seemed like a cash grab in the bedrooms with a list of where you could purchase the ornaments / Cutlery etc. The dressing gowns appear to be poor quality with loose threads etc. We didn't receive the complimentary drinks nor any response to the enquiry I sent the hotel through Booking.com

The room service was delivered very promptly. Restaurants were good. We were a little late for our restaurant booking but it wasn't a problem at all. Rooms were serviced well.

• King Room with Mountain View

Could do with some refurbishments in some areas

Very good location, room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The bazaar restaurant onsite had amazing food also.

• King Room with Ocean View

Curtains were all dirty. Maybe blackout out curtains going forward. I was awaken by housekeeping staff an hour before check out. The lady was shouting down the phone saying everyone on the floor had gone. I advised the lady in reception and she apologized saying that house keeping staff ring each other by the room phones. Going forward maybe mobile phones or walkie talkies for those keeping

Room was fantastic. Great views of the ocean a very spacious. Bed was very comfy. Had a great night sleep. Excellent tea, coffee making facilites and mini bar with sweet treats. Also bath robes and umbrellas in the eom of t rain. The extra little touchs make the stay even more enjoyable. Bathroom well stocked with one and toiletries. Bath was great. Had high tea with friends in cafe fixx. It as amazing. Staff were excellent and the food was great. Nice outdoor spa and poo

• King Room with Mountain View

Although there is restaurants within the hotel there are not many others located in the same little spot.

The hotel is just outside of surfers, not far to walk or a very short tram ride. Staff were so friendly & their service was great. The room was very clean & the best was just like a cloud - so comfortable.

• King Room with Mountain View

There was a lot of noise, talking and laughing coming from the kitchen servicing the function room which was distracting and made it difficult to hear the speaker.

Room was great, service excellent.

• King Room with Mountain View

I cannot think of anything I didn’t like, maybe I should’ve booked and ocean front room?!

It’s nice to stay in a place that feels like home, whew staff and guest are smiling and you’re just as happily sitting in the lobby sipping a coffee, having a drink in the bar or relaxing in the room. Location in Surfers means you’re just far away from the center to get some quiet but really only a 5 min walk from the buzz

• King Room with Mountain View

- The shower was a little old. It seemed to have a build up of mould along the bottom. Otherwise great room. - i had requested a birthday card to be placed in the room which had been forgotten, although they had resolved this well

The staff were excellent! Absolutely accommodating to my requests. They forgot to place a birthday card that i had requested although when i informed them the issue was resolved very well. The staff were the best i had ever seen.

• King Room with Mountain View

If my stay was longer - I didn’t get a chance to review room service or cleaning of room as I only stayed 1 night

Fantastic location and facilities Tidy nice sized rooms Great common facilities Great value for money Brilliant staff and service

• Twin Room with Mountain View

The breakfast buffet is amazing and I loved the grassy area with giant jenga and egg chairs where the kids can play. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the Japanese restaurant was beautiful. Also love the funky 50s theme! We'll definitely be back.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

comfort, close to everything in surfers paradise , clean , staff were nice Best hotel be hard to book with any1 else . can’t fault Q1 our family love this hotel

• King Room with Ocean View

Room was clean and bright but a little tired in places.

Quite trendy, fun and vibrant. The breakfast buffet was the best we've ever experienced and the retro touches were the icing on the cake.

• King Room with Mountain View

Bar staff could have been friendlier - I had a free drink voucher so I felt service was lacking in response

The day spa experience was amazing. Staff were attentive, my therapist was professional and fantastic at her job and the whole experience was wonderful

• Twin Room with Mountain View

Staff had no clue how to be professional, people pay a lot to stay there and you don’t receive the service you should get. Wasn’t offered the valet service till after I parked my car in the basement arrived at foyer and got asked if I used the valet.. how could I when there wasn’t anyone at the concierge desk. Upon leaving the staff took my room cards without informing me that the gates to get out of the carpark needed the room key to get out.. again the staff in reception had no idea and didn’t even apologise after I was holding up a few cars to get out. From my view this was by far the worst “5 Star” hotel I’ve been to in a long time. Also a mountain view room is not mountains it’s just other buildings and a roads.

Comfortable beds and spacious rooms

• King Room with Mountain View

The bed was not right for me - way to soft.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurants was fantastic. The place had a really great atmosphere.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

Finishes were a little worn/tired but to be expected in Surfers Paradise as a party precinct I'm sure some guests simply don't respect/take care of things... and there was some weird dry spice on my scrambled eggs! Haha it's all good... it just wasn't for my palate and wasn't specified on the menu so it was like SUPRISE! :)

Amazingly awesome and helpful concierge staff, room was clean and modern. My vehicle was over-height for the carpark and valet parked it in a safe area (not undercover) but was very happy with this. Loved the atmosphere in their cafe and lounge bar. Room service was very prompt and always lovely.

• King Room with Mountain View

Considering the price of a stay at this hotel, I was expecting to be treated with respect regardless my social status or clothing. But the women that was checking me in was so condescending to me and treated me like I had nothing to do in such a hotel. And on top of that, I wasn't even able to try out the famous breakfast at Bazaar because I didn't make a booking before my arrival. Very disappointing.

Very soft mattress with a huge blanket. Huge bath towels and nice toiletries. Very good wifi connection. Considering the amount of floors, the lift was super fast.

• King Room with Mountain View

From the front desk approach. Staff member didn’t have his name badge on. I asked for his name, checking in took half an hour. I had my credit card, license & everything ready. Knew procedures, but he took too long. I wanted to make sure breakfast was paid & sorted?? Not a very welcoming approach even though I am a local. If I,ve spent over $500. in the hotel, I wish I got free parking, when leaving early by 9. Will think twice to stay overbite. The room had a very damp carpet, the bathroom door had big rust stains also.

Breakfast was excellent. Staff very friendly,helpful &attentive. From service at cash desk till we left for breakfast, I couldn’t,t fault.... I would return for QT bazaar for breakfast with family & friends. My booking was 8 adults, 2 high chairs & 3 year old. Everyone deserves to be complimented. I have worked in 5 star hotels, travelled Hong Kong, Singapore. And award the staff highly. I always return with a large groups, & always spread the best of service to other friends & colegues!! Congratulations to all 👍🏽🎶

• King Room with Mountain View

The staff were a stand out, everyone of them was pleasant, capable, enthusiastic and responsive. The room service food was excellent- great choices and reasonable prices. The facilities were very good and all the extras were just the icing on the cake !!

• Twin Room with Mountain View

We arrived early. Staff took our bags but that was about it. We weren’t made to feel welcome. We had to keep enquiringly as to when the room would be ready and each time a different staff member seemed to know nothing about it. They’re also very diligent about checking the minibar in the morning. So diligent that they just knocked and entered the room without waiting for a response!

Clean rooms, good location

Best accommodation i have stayed in on the GC.. Suite was insane, staff were so friendly & my event @ Stingray was perfect.. my new go to for a night away from now on.. Loved it..

• King Room with Mountain View

Booked a cheaper price for breakfast through your email and at checkout it charged me the more expensive price. Luckily they supervisor didn't worry and had it changed on the spot.

Always a great location near the tram and Surfers shops.

• King Room with Mountain View

this place is amazing to stay. very relaxing. has many areas to go and relax. lots of choices for food can spend a great day relaxing/eating/drinking without having to leave the property. beach is a very short walk away and short walk into surfers mall area. will def be back to stay here again

• King Room with Mountain View

Bed and pillows were excellent .The breakfast was beautiful .The conference room was a little cold from the air conditioning .But overall a great 3 days away in the QT .Great location also

• King Room with Ocean View

Breakfast wasn't cheap yet espresso coffee was not included.

Great location to swim in the ocean and then relax by the pool while having a drink. Walking distance to the tourist centre of Surfers Paradise.

• Twin Room with Ocean View

The staff ignoring us or more accurately not acknowledging us and carrying on with what they were doing This was not a five star experience and wasn't worth the the money we paid very disappointed.

I liked the view and the pool

Not applicable

We where given a complimentary bottle of champagne to celebrate our wedding anniversary, which was unexpected and very thoughtful. I would highly recommend this hotel for convenience, great decor and really friendly staff.

• King Room with Mountain View

The bathroom was very small, tiny vanity, no draws and the shower water pressure was ridiculously slow and weak. Bed was a little to soft

Fabulous restaurants and bar... lovely seating areas.... car parking was excellent. Lovely big bed.

• King Room with Mountain View

Didn't like the fact that everything in the room was at a charge, also the price for breakfast was extortionate considering the price I paid for a two night stay. The hotel had the New Zealand admin staff staying for the Comm Games and basically took over the hotel.

Comfy bed.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

Toilet Seat wasn't cleaned, yellow stain was around full of the cover inside. Room was arranged in Level 5, the windows and doors can not stop the loud music from the pub & bar in level 1 in the night until 11pm. My favourite Japanese tanpanyaki restaurant changed.

The staff ,the location and the breakfast.

• King Suite with Ocean View

Lots of things didn't work. Lounge Tv, bedroom Tv channels and remotes, air con wouldn't turn off, coffee machine leaked aswell as not working per the instructions. Light switches were confusing. Not 1 utensils, cup or plate. Nothing in the kitchen at all. I'm glad we didn't pay full price as this was the Sub Penthouse room.

The bed, open balcony, spa bath

• King Suite with Ocean View

No flip flops provided. The cleanliness needs to be improved. Ants are lined up and crawling on the floor.

Bed is great! Bathtub is great! Beach towels are provided.

• King Room with Mountain View

No microwave in room No fan in bathroom Bed and pillows way too soft- not good for supporting back and neck

Location, one block from tram station, Easy parking- come and go as many times Great eats Choice of mountain or ocean rooms

• King Room with Mountain View

I would have liked to be warned about the hotel being the New Zealand base during the games it was a bit of a surprise but not unwelcome. As it was the base I didn’t get to experience the hotel as much.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. .

• King Room with Mountain View

The fact I stayed for s conference and they would give us the discounted room rate like the rest of the company because we booked to early.

It was what I would expect from a hotel

• King Room with Ocean View

Pillows were too thick. . Pool old, rusty, needs some attention. Spa ok. Booking was buggered up even after verbally confirming with staff member 2 days prior. Was charged $470 per night for a room that was advertised for sat night days before at $279. Felt ripped off. Wont be going back again. Think i'll stick to Byron Bay. Was first visit back to Gold Coast for a long time. Confirmed all my suspects that its just lost it, tacky, and expensive.

Bed comfy. Breakfast, foyer, restaurants great. Staff generally very good and friendly and service ok.

• Twin Room with Ocean View

admin /reception staff clueless esp when it came to prior request for late check out and the process. lobby looked bare not family friendly Yamagen( Japanese rest. was closed the entire Easter break) -very disappointing need bigger shower door to stop water leaking out need bigger bathrom vanity

house keeping staff very friendly easy access underground parking great ocean view good selection from Bazaar restaurant buffet, though none of the food was labelled! nor was the fresh ordering process explained great location, can walk to beach in 30 seconds

• King Room with Ocean View

They split our booking and made us re check and move rooms, they should have had the room ready and they didn’t. Need to do for the amount we paid

NZD team hotel for Gold Coast games, very cool

• King Room with Mountain View

Bathroom vanity a little small.

The retro furnishings were very quirky. Only had an overnight stay, but very comfortable. Also very close to the light rail for transportation.

• King Room with Mountain View

The interior decor of the rooms was not up to the same standard as the rest of the hotel. Carpet felt cheap and had stains. Certainly not worth the $350.

Great view, accommodated my high floor room request. Interior decor of the hotel lobby was amazing.

• King Room with Ocean View

The rooms are in need of renovations, the roof was peeling and a heavy musty smell. The rooms are very run down. Whilst the buffet breakfast had a lot of choice the food was often cold and very greasy. The dining room needed more staff as the tables weren't cleared off and messy.

The location was perfect and we were able to get into our room early which was great.

• King Room with Ocean View

the ocean view room has two buildings in front, which blocked some view

good location, with the tram station just downstairs; the staffs are very friendly

• King Room with Ocean View

Something was wrong with the bed almost as if the springs were broken. Very noisy and annoying. The shower was also not clean.

Mini bar amenities and the view of the ocean.

• King Room with Mountain View

The water pressure in the shower was very weak - first world problem I know, but worth mentioning for those like me who like a strong shower.

The breakfast buffet in the Bazaar is one of the best I have ever seen. Every option is there & it is all fresh & beautifully presented.

• King Room with Mountain View

I thought Baazar breakfast was not as good as it was 2yrs ago when i last stayed there. The food seemed very standard

Bed was super awesome and loved the robes

• King Room with Ocean View

The bed (in room 914) desperately needs replacing. It was so old, when you lay on the mattress it caved and tipped you into the middle of the bed. The springs were also worn - every time you rolled over it would creak. One of the 4 pillows also needed to be thrown out - it was purely lumps. Whilst everything else about our stay was fantastic, the old, worn out bed was not what I would expect from a 5* hotel.

Facilities were lovely (pool area in particular), dinner at Bazaar was fantastic and hotel was spotlessly clean.

• King Room with Mountain View

The mini bar needs to be cleaned regularly as the products outside the fridge were full of dust.

Great hotel, really friendly staff, the vibe is just perfect. We had the most comfortable bed ever. Stayed in a room on the top floors and had great views. The staff even provided us with a free bottle of champagne to celebrate my boyfriends 30th birthday. Thanks again. We are definitely coming back.

I loved it all.

I like that this is an older hotel that has been renovated. Rather than try and hide that it is an older building it has embraced the old and found all the good bits of GC culture and design from the past and made it very fresh. It was funky and fun.

Free parking would’ve been nice, but $8 was really affordable

It was a modern and clean hotel. The beds were super comfy and the room was spacious! Fantastic location.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

The barista coffee wasn't included in the buffet breakfast, could have at least had one coffee per person as the price was expensive then extra if you wanted a coffee

• King Room with Mountain View

Little bit of a walk to cavill but otherwise no issues.

Bed was super soft and comfortable! The japanese restaurant was an amazing experience! And the swim up pool bar and the wonderful staff member who worked in there (sorry forgotten your name) made our experience the best!

nothing so far

The room was nice and tidy. the bed was very comfy. the whole area was just alive and very bright and pretty. staff were very friendly and accomodating. love the 11pm check out :-)

• King Suite with Ocean View

Arrival to the hotel early , Liam at the front desk very helpful and outstanding service , he try hard to allocate the room for us , the room is very nice view , height floor with the view , BreKfast at the Resturant very amazing, variety of healthy foods you can choose , chef at his section very friendly he make our morning happy with fry eggs happy face , Hightly recommendations and just 5 minute to surfer paradise center

The swim up bar was closed every time we were downstairs which was disappointing and it is a 10 minute walk minimum to the main strip of shops

The bed was extremely comfy and very very large!!! The sunsets from the balcony were absolutely amazing! And breakfast was incredible def worth the extra $25 per person would recommend.

• King Room with Mountain View

The baby cockroach running around the cheese display.

The room was very good and could not be faulted. The restaurant was very ordinary and not good value for money. There are lots of restaurants and cafes just a couple of hundred metres down the road..

• King Room with Mountain View

Great, trendy hotel with lots of fun amenities such as free minibar in room and free soda station in hotel lobby. Pool are was very nice, and the buffet dinner was extraordinary!

• King Room with Mountain View

The shower was a modern design with glass only covering half the shower so if not careful water would splash onto the floor. The bed was also very squeaky. Other than that it was a pleasant stay and definitely look forward to coming back.

The staff were helpful and well mannered. The room was more spacious than expected and had lots of options in the mini bar area. The mountain/river view was nice and caught the sunset on the balcony which was beautiful. I also loved the silky robes in the room and the funky room decoration. The pool is also really nice and would recommend the breakfast buffet at Bazaar. Very close to public transport as well.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

That the near empty bar restricted people entering with visible tattoos. Seems a bit silly in this day and age. Would not be returning due to this, which is a shame because otherwise was a great stay.

Decor in the rooms is very cute!

• King Room with Mountain View

The room can have more lights I found it at night the lighting is not bright enough (i.e. for reading at the coffee table in the room)

Modern and spacious room, a bit funky decor. Good view from my room. The hotel can suit any type of travelers and good for all occasions. Staff are very helpful too. Breakfast is yummy and quite a lot of options offered on the buffet.

• Twin Room with Mountain View

Location is a little out of the way 10-15 minutes walk to the centre. We asked for an ice bucket 2 times before one was actually delivered to us. Room service food was meh..

Great comfortable bed. Great pool and bar facilities.

• King Room with Ocean View

Lamp didn't work iron didn't work few paint problems in the room that need a quick touch up.

Loved the bar and down stairs area. Great style of room with awesome staff.

• King Suite with Ocean View

This hotel needs a switchboard, making a call for room service or to speak with reception was such an ordeal. It’s CRAZY to think QT charge $18.95 to rent a movie - seriously insane ! Room was clean but not reallllly clean, stains on the beds, red wine stains on the floor and still on the bedside table. Kinda gross. Some of the staff need some etiquette training.

Love the views! the bed was insanely comfortable !

• King Room with Mountain View

The only downfall of this hotel was I think it was just a little far out from shopping, Cavill avenue and restaurants. On all fairness we didn’t have a car and had to walk. There is also a tram stop not far which was good but just too far out for us.

The bed was super soft and also the pillows. The staff were excellent and attentive. Modern facilities and lovely pool. We stayed on the 22nd floor with a great view and the hotel had bikes to ride and we rode them right along the foreshore which was a fantastic experience. The hotel was extremely clean.

• King Room with Mountain View

A lift was out of order so there was a bit of a wait around checkout time.

The retro theme is really funky and adds to the experience. Great location, one block from the ocean beach and one block from Buds beach on the river. Something for everyone.

• King Room with Ocean View

we couldn't go into one of the restaurant/bar as the pamphlet said we were allowed to have no visible tattoos, so that was really a let down,

we had a wonderful time, was very relaxed, he best were great and so were the pillows, had a fantastic sleep, breakfast in one of the restaurants was fabulous.

• King Room with Mountain View

Zero complaints really. The pool is small and cjangerooms near the pool pretty gross but honestly it didn't affect us too much

Very suitable for a one night stay without the kids. Room soze pretty small but definatelydid the job 😊

• King Room with Mountain View

Ive stayed in this hotel many times, but after arriving i told the new receptionist I'd lost my membership card normally they would jus allocate you a new one there and then but this girl said "just reapply on line for a new one??" Ive been stayin here for over 2yrs it was just lazyness..i arrived to my room and starting to relax then someone knocked on my door an just walked in askin if i needed anythin from the mini bar id litrally just got there why would it need restocking when i told her not to enter without bein told to she brushed it off and just said "nothin for the mini bar then no ok!!" an walked out like seriously what if me or my partner was naked she had no right, i dont even walk into a bedroom in my house without being told to enter its basic common sence!!

Gorgeous rooms

• King Room with Mountain View

The pool area is relatively small and when guests reserve pool beds for the day but aren’t there most of the day it’s not fair for other guests. Movies on the tv are pre paid which I was surprised at given so many hotels include this as a service.

Awesome room and balcony. Cool little pool bar. Good location.

• King Room with Mountain View

I didn't like that I had booked 3 connecting rooms for my brothers 30th birthday being connecting for a reason as there were a few of us girls that wanted to get ready together etc. To get there to find we were all on separate levels. I also didn't like that the man who came to check the mini bar in the morning knocked once and let himself in not giving me a chance to even put some clothes on.

Everything was pretty good except for a few minor things.

• King Room with Ocean View

A bit pricey for one night's stay however worth it for good service, facilities and room.

The rooms were magnificent and clean with the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on! The pool area downstairs was well managed and clean and tidy. It was also really fantastic having all the options of the restaurants and bars downstairs in the lobby as it's not often you want to go for a walk into town for dinner or drinks. Plus the reception staff did have really good suggestions of restaurants and good food places in the area. Overall fantastic experience.

• King Room with Mountain View

The culture of the staff here is fantastic. They're all very friendly, helpful, and upbeat. The theme of the hotel has a cool look, the rooms are very comfortable, and I'll stay here again for sure if ever in Australia.

• King Room with Mountain View

The paper thin walls meant I could hear the room next door at all hours of the night. Having to pay extra for decent coffee with the buffet was also ridiculous. There was also a lot of mould in the shower/bath.

The bed was extra comfy and vibe of the hotel was great.

• King Room with Mountain View

The cleaning lacked attention to detail. Black hair on the bed and a long black hair actually tied in the robe. I also had to clean the toilet :( The cleaners definitely rushed my room and because of this I wasn’t 100% happy.

Friendly staff

• Twin Room with Mountain View

The beastie (cockroach I think)that lay dead at the lift for 2+ days. Why the cleaners never scooped that up I’ll never know.

Great location, pool great (can be really busy) big spa pool, breakfast and the room was really big. We didn’t get a sea view and happy with that because it was really windy when we stayed so no sitting in the balcony.

• King Room with Mountain View

The check in was extra lovely we got upgraded to ocean view and loved the retro layout. Amazing location and staff are very friendly. Rooms are very clean and great size. Will be back again for sure ;)

• King Room with Mountain View

That a room was not available at 2pm on check-in date. Additional $8 for parking on site.

The fact that the reception staff upgraded us to an Ocean View Room by 2:45 pm on check-in day.

Browse QT Gold Coast traveller photo gallery