Reviews of Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach 5 stars

81 Surf Parade, Broadbeach, 4218 Gold Coast, Australia

#46 of 128 hotels in Gold Coast

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

Update needed Breakfast grossly overpriced far better to head to local restaurants

Great location but hotel could do with update getting a little dated

• Superior King Room with Sea View

Place is clean but smells like someone broke a perfume bottle on every floor. I don’t know if the carpets were just cleaned or what, but the place had an overwhelming and unpleasant smell that cheapened the feel of the hotel

• Superior King Room with Sea View

There is way too much mould in the bathroom. Also there is a pub on the ground floor was very noisy and loud music could be heard deep into night.

• Luxury King Room with Spa Bath and Sea View

Great staff from check in, to staff in the restaurant to staff when checking out. Not forgetting our clean room with Housekeeping staff!! All staff Very helpful and friendly! Will recommend to other friends and family!!

• Superior King Room with Sea View

The room was not what was advertised. Very dated and not what a weekend couple away expected especially for the price we paid.

The entrance and location.

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

No Room Service Menu in room . I don’t want to have to search on TV ! Room chair too uncomfortable. No table in room ! Bed mattress too hard. The decor is very dated . The hotel needs refurbishment. I stay at lots of 5 star hotels around the world.

Shower

• Classic Room with 2 Double Beds (3 Adults)

The blanket was a bit thin. Would have liked a thicker duvet.

The buffet breakfast had a good variety of food. The coffee was also good, and we didn't have to pay extra for cafe quality coffee. In other hotels, only brewed coffee is included in the breakfast buffet, and they will charge extra for lattes or cappuccinos.

• Luxury King Room with Spa Bath and Sea View

Value for money - in comparison to 5 star properties that we've stayed at on the Gold Coast, for the money that we paid to stay at the Sofitel, we expected it to be up there with these other properties but it just wasn't. If we are to pay this money sort of money again for a getaway it will be at the Palazzo Versace or the Marriott.

Very nice and comfortable place to stay

• Luxury King Room with Spa Bath and Sea View

Our room was near the pool and function area. The noise was way too high on Friday evening when a function was being held. It did stop at 11 p.m. but they need to take the comfort of guests staying in the hotel into consideration and allow the noise level at a certain decibel level. If booking, ask if there are any functions near the pool area!

We have stayed here before. Excellent location and comfortable room with a balcony.

• Luxury King Room with Spa Bath and Sea View

The hot food at buffet breakfast was cold , cold hash browns,sausages, scrambled egg all cold

Beautiful room. Lovely amenities , great view, buffet breakfast had many choices although the hot food wasn’t hot ,it was cold

• Classic King Room

The only way to get from the car park to the lift had stairs, sigh. I liked having 4 lifts, but only 2 went to the car park and you couldn't choose the when calling for the lift, so I would press the button then if the wrong lift came, wait until it had gone then press the button again. A kind of very safe Russian roulette.

The position is perfect especially if you are attending a conference at the Exhibition centre. I had an amazing view of the canals and casino. The staff were wonderful. Parking was reasonably priced.

• Classic King Room

Needed water and coffee during conference there but that was prob up to the organisers?

Conference onsite so very convenient and stressfree. Food great. Staff made everything go smoothly and were pleasant and professional... esp Gavin and Rhys in the Restaurant... nothing was too much trouble and bright and bubbly... made my day!!!

• Luxury King Room with Spa Bath and Sea View

The value for you room is terrible, the spa I got told was big enough for 2 people but I could barley fit in the bath. I am tall and a little chubby but not that bad.

The bed was comfortable and staff were great

• Classic King Room

For the price Wifi Included in the rate. Downstairs Bar/ Restaurant foods was overpriced and bland. Also restaurants needs a bit of a makeover as does not have a warm vibe apart from the outside area. More beer selection on tap would be a advantage

Quality of Bedding and Linen. Size of the room and bathroom were generous. Good parking Rate and location. Breakfast was excellent

• Luxury King Room with Spa Bath and Sea View

I come and found the room open and unattended!! And I was given an unacceptable excuse ( the maid went to get something and forgot the room open) and only offered me a bottle of wine!!!

Nil

Arriving late due to work commitments (we had planned on arriving as soon as checkin availabile) Nathan treated us, asked what brings us to the Sofitel and we said “ anniversary” 30min later as we were getting ready a bottle of champagne was delivered with a lovely note!! Thought that was really nice. We only live 5klm away so will try again next time and maybe arrive with enough time to try the pool. Breakfast was really nice too.

No room service.

The women doing the valet was the first person we spoke to on arrive 10/10 for her customer service. I own a cafe and always tell my staff that the first person a customer speaks to is the most important as it sets the mood of the customer for the visit. She was amazing friendly, helpful and happy!

• Classic King Room

I let the hotel know in advance that it was my partner's birthday and they kindly upgraded us to the top floor on arrival and also sent up a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine! The staff were all so friendly, the drinks in the hotel bar downstairs were good value and our room was incredible

• Classic King Room

Smell of smoke - perhaps through air conditioner as we were on the 22nd floor, and it was inside the room - not people outside smoking

Large room Location to great amenities

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

The bed was really uncomfortable- just a bit older and saggy. Having said that everything else in the room was really comfortable and spotlessly clean

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

The staff who greeted us at reception was very rude and abrupt, it was the 24th around 4pm. A Chinese woman. She was just very rude. However the other staff especially at breakfast were very professional and very kind and lovely.

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

The place was old ever thing closed at 10.30pm. The charged for parking are ridiculous and should not be excluded from the room price. The room was overpriced. We stayed at the Mention a month earlier and it was superb and value for money. We will never go to sofeitel again. I an still waiting for my deposit to refunded.

Na

Can't think of any.

Great location. Streets with eateries, pubs and a supermarket right in the hotel area. Near beach, within walking distance. Professional and helpful staff in front office also the concierge. Since as tourists like myself we always spend time outside the hotel, so what is in the hotel is good enough for me.

• Superior King Room with Sea View

Check-in took way too long, almost 30 minutes! They just didn’t have enough staff on. Bit further back from the beach than I anticipated and the balcony was pretty small.

The rooms were pretty spacious and the bathrooms, although dated, were very clean. The pool is lovely and they make a fantastic froze! Customer service was always polite. Close to all major attractions in broadbeach

• Superior King Room with Sea View

Free WiFi was very poor, and the paid WiFi is very expensive Check in staff were friendly, but quite slow. Very little fresh fruit on the breakfast buffet

Nice view Rooms were clean and comfortable. Location is great

• Classic King Room

The patio area for drinking downstairs didn't attach to the bar so you had to walk back through the foyer to get a drink and back again

Very comfy bed and good size rooms

• Classic King Room

Very dated, gym was just sad. Concierge only 1 guy, when he was away they sent a girl to stand ther and tell people she is not Concierge

Staff was friendly and making effort

• Classic King Room

Only complaint is the breakfast buffet wasn't the best I've had. When something ran out it took a long time to get refilled, chef cooking eggs was slow and some items were cold. Besides from this the hotel is perfect.

Great location, great hotel, worth the money, couldn't fault it. Best I've stayed in so far for the Gold Coast.

• Superior Twin Room (2 Guests)

The hotel was tired. Our room was old and not like the pictures shown on the website. I am sure that other rooms have been refurbished and for what we paid, we should have had one of those rooms. If none were available then perhaps they could have included car parking. $15 per day was acceptable but to be so petty as to charge me 38 cents credit card surcharge when I paid with a debit card meaning the money came straight out of my bank account was very disappointing.

• Classic King Room

It was a shame there was no free wifi.

We booked a king superior room with a land view. Great view from the 14th level. Very happy with our room and the reception staff were friendly and accommodating. The day before, I phoned to ask if we could park our car in early morning and come back later when room would be ready, but was told that they would note our early arrival. When we came at 8:45am, our room was ready for us. That was unexpected. The $15 overnight parking charge covered us from the time we arrived till 5pm the next day. So good value. Be aware that there is a small surcharge to use your credit card, but no surcharge if you use eftpos card or cash. Also note that if you self park, there are 4 or 5 steps down to the lifts. So either be aware of this with your luggage, or offload luggage before parking car.

• Classic King Room

the bathroom had a weird smell.

The hotel is in an excellent location, I loved how the oasis shopping centre was connected to it. All restaurants just a step away. Room was ok, - beds are very comfortable! I would definitely stay here again!

• Superior King Room with Sea View

The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was great. No Restaurant on Tuesday night a problem. Staff very good. Price a bit over/ going rate.

• Classic Room with 2 Double Beds (3 Adults)

Not much space at the pool and in the rooms

The food in the area was average for the price you pay and some of the restaurants don’t have toilets what is going on?

• Classic King Room

No complimentary water. Thought this was standard for a 5 star hotel.

We were offered a upgrade to a ocean view room for an extra $40. Thoroughly worth it! Lovely staff and comfy bed.

• Luxury King Room with Spa Bath and Sea View

Bathroom feels tired and needs upgrading. No side tables next to bed. No spare toothbrush in bathroom amenities. Rooms not sound proof - woken up a few times by noisy neighbours and doors slamming in the middle of the night.

Central location - close to restaurants, beach, shopping, casino

• Superior King Room with Sea View

There wasnt much we liked so the above comment is it in detail.

We booked for christmas lunch at Room 81. We have been there twice before and new what to expect. The lunch was very very disappointing. Especially the 4th course the goose and the sweets were ridiculously sweet. Couldnt eat them. The champagne and the company on the nearby tables were what made our day enjoyable. As for the rooms. The top sheet just pulled out from the end of the bed and I had to throw it off as it was loose and very uncomfortable.

• Classic King Room

I did not like the bathroom as it was dated and small shower and bath and no spa bath and the pool was quite average

Liked the bedroom itself and location

Beds

You can't beat the Sofitel for location and staff. We had a twin room and I must say that the beds were incredibly uncomfortable. They were hard and creaked and squeaked on every move. I was travelling with a child so next time I would choose a king bed and just share.

• Classic Room with 2 Double Beds (3 Adults)

Main foyer/lobby was of 5 star standards and that was pretty much it. Rooms are very basic. Bathrooms outdated. Dust in room. Cleaners didn’t even provide clean coffee cups the following day. I needed to write a note to the cleaner asking them to vacum & clean the top shelf of our bed head. Outdoor Pool was unheated. Sun lounges are wicker and no cushioning provided making them uncomfortable to sit on & hot from the sun. Buffet breakfast was nothing exceptional.

• Classic King Room

Safe sis not work, mattress was terrible as was bedding we asked 3 times to change mattress while my husband slept on the floor. The ac was too hot or too cold and a temperature could not be set. Both my baby and I got sick from it.

Location is beyond perfect

• Luxury King Room with Spa Bath and Sea View

Room was not well cleaned. No service around the pool. Pool wasn't heated. Gym was very basic - no weights.

Pool area, privacy of room, great location

• Superior Twin Room (2 Guests)

Can not think of anything

From the moment I walked through the doors and was greeted by" Riley" at reception I knew I was in safe hands!!! Without a doubt this property surpassed all expectations. The room was super comfy and spacious with a spectacular ocean view. Yes ...it is surrounded by numerous other high rise buildings...but these are certainly not "in your face"..but hey...that is the way it is on the coast!!! The buffet breakfast was good value and the chef was on hand to prepare eggs to order...ample selection of breakfast fare was available to suit all tastes. The housekeeping staff did an excellent job of maintaining order and the bath towels linen etc. were of the highest quality. The General Manager was on duty to assist with my wardrobe malfunction (tag sticking out of the back of dress..(wouldn't have minded if it was "Chanel"...but not so!!!). I did not know at the time who she was ...just another helpful employee. What a hands on person she is and no wonder the staff are so pleasant. The pool area is well maintained and ample towels are available. I would not hesitate to recommend this venue..it is absolutely delightful.

• Classic King Room

Apple pastries not warm and crispy but bland and under baked for breakfast. The extra charges for parking, room with a view, breakfast. No couches in room for relaxing and considering extra charge disappointing.

• Superior King Room with Sea View

Very disappointed with the quality of the bed for a 5 star hotel.

Everything was lovely, great location and so many good restaurants in walking distance.

• Superior Twin Room (2 Guests)

The bed had small things , like seeds in it ( only about 4/5). We found a Dirty "face cloth" behind the chair opposite the bed, (appeared to be stained with blood or something reddish brown).

The bed and the shower, were great. also the effectiveness of the curtains was really good..

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Luxury King Room with Spa Bath and Sea View

I would expect a property in this price range to include complimentary parking and wi-fi. Paying for these added considerable expense to the stay.

Excellent facilities and staff. Fantastic location.

• Classic King Room

We paid $260 for our room and parking was an extra $15. I think parking should be included in the price

Bed was super comfy. Hinterland views were lovely. Close walk to casino.

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

Wi-Fi is chargeable. On request I was connected to free Wi-Fi but the speed was as good as not having a Wi-Fi connection. There are no complimentary water bottles. This is ridiculous considering the amount of money that I paid for this hotel.

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

Beds are so comfortable, room was quiet, staff are great and buffet breakfast scrumptious catering for all tastes. Pillow menu and Lavender room relaxation spray highly recommended.

• Luxury King Room with Spa Bath and Sea View

The price seemed to be very high compared to what was offered. Though it was a nice hotel the decor seemed dated and wasn’t as nice as the Sofitel in Brisbane.

The complimentary champagne was a nice gesture and the view was magnificent.

• Superior Twin Room (2 Guests)

A bit more detail could have veen provided regarding the credit cardpre-authorisation. $1000 extra was held when I paid. This will be re-credited but a week later.

Outstanding Staff.

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

The Sofitel is need of an update to bring it up to 5 star. I think it is obvious in the rooms. The outside balcony had table and chairs that you'd find in a basic hotel. The bathroom decor is dated. The staff were friendly and helpful but alone cannot make a stay memorable.

• Classic King Room

The hotel was undergoing renovations, to be fair and some of the dining facilities weren’t available to us. The hotel, therefore, lacked a little atmosphere.

The rooms are very good.

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

Wouldn't want to be paying for breakfast separately.

Great breakfast and proper barista style coffee with a wide range of choice. Beds were very comfortable.

• Superior King Room with Sea View

the room was cold and smelt musty. the room staff kept turning the aircon down low, we kept turning it up. We chose a larger room as described only to find it had a larger hallway. since staying there i have been receiving constant phone calls from ACCOR resorts wanting to sell time share. not sure if connected but disappointing if it is.

• Superior King Room with Sea View

The main doors to rooms shut really loudly. Buffet breakfast was quiet exspensive.

Very welcoming and friendly staff. Great easy location. Made to feel special

• Superior Twin Room (2 Guests)

The mattress was the firmest I have ever slept on and I have travelled allot so have slept in many different beds.

The location was awesome we watched whales out to sea sipping champus on the balcony. The room was spotless and loved the tea and coffee in room. Breakfast was varied and ample very impressed this was included in the rate for us. All staff very polite.

• Superior Twin Room (3 Guests)

The staff were extremely helpful. I have a son with Autism who can be extremely difficult at times and he went missing and the staff went out of their way to assist me with finding him. They were so understanding.

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

$480 for a tiny room with a bathroom and then they charge $15 for parking and $30 for valet under their building. Plus you pay by the hour for the internet. It's appalling

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

The pool area wasn’t monitored consistently with staff to tidy up so glasses were left around the pool. Bathroom a little dated too.

My children loved the buffet breakfast and the pool was lovely. Rooms comfy. I liked the pillow menu. Great location.

• Classic King Room

- some of the ocean facing rooms are too noisy until very late in the evening - rooms are very small and quite dated - gym too small - both pools are too cold - the sign above the heated pool suggested the temperature was 24 but this wasn't true (quite a few people were commenting on this) - the spa was okay but busy as noone wanted to use the freezing pools - numerous mistakes of the charges on my credit card - still sorting it out (this is slightly unacceptable)

- great location - great service from the staff - Chris at the reception was particularly helpful - Nan (the cleaning staff) was very helpful and lovely - the bed and pillows were very comfy

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

Clean, modern room décor, walk-out balcony with views. Direct access to shopping centre from inside the hotel. Access via just one street crossing to miles of open beach. Have stayed occasionally since a decade or more ago. Great to see it is still feeling fresh and maintaining high standards.

• Superior Twin Room (3 Guests)

Bed was quite squeaky but a nice size and linen was really nice high thread count

Croissants were super good had like 4 and now compare them to others I have had. Loved the honey feature and also the pancake station was so much fun using the machine it's awesome!

• Superior King Room with Sea View

Amazingly comfy bed, very clean, staff so friendly made our night away from the kids extra special. Walking distance to everything including the beach.

• Luxury King Room with Spa Bath and Sea View

Didn't like or know that we had to pay for parking whilst staying there $15 a day normally this is included in the stay I would have thought. Was disappointed as was unaware of the extra expense :(

• Luxury King Room with Spa Bath and Sea View

The room was very dusty, the spa bath was very small for 2 people to actually relax and enjoy, the building is very dated and while it has had some upgrades for a 5 star resort I would have expected abit better quality. While the view was good. Staring out of my bed to a a view of the building between your hotel and the beach wasn't.

The view, the bed and the location were about the only good things.

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

I was surprised by the $15 parking fee. An unexpected charge just takes the shine off the experience. If you are selecting a hotel on price then this may have made a difference to where we stayed. It would have been good to have all the cost known up front.

The room was a good size and the bedding very comfortable. The location was excellent and the staff very friendly. The breakfast was also very good with lots of variety and great service.

• Luxury King Room with Spa Bath and Sea View

Had an issue with room service not delivering both meals. We had late checkout and we were disturbed twice, by someone quickly opening and closing the front door whilst we had the do not disturb tag displayed, which was rather annoying. It was cold in the room with the heating on.

The bed was so comfortable and the room was great. The food from room service was really nice and reasonably priced.

• Superior King Room with Sea View

Bathroom needs a make over and lighting could be improved. our room was very noisy with the continuous music playing downstairs from the country festival

loved breakfast

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

Maybe a cheaper room rate, particularly if I book annually. Happy loyal customer!

I like the convenience of the hotel location. Usually I travel on my own for the annual Broadbeach country music festival so I have been booking for couple years at the Sofitel. This year came up with a mate. Definitely the location, hosting country music artists literally at the door step, and the friendly staff. Particularly the night staff - Mike. When the staff remember you, it makes it a little more special. I always enjoy my stay at the Sofitel.

• Classic King Room

For the price the room was obviously not the better standard. Very noisy.

I asked for a quiet room away from elevator and got a room right by the elevator facing rhe main nightclub road and we did not sleep due to noise until the early hours of the morning.

• Classic Room with 2 double beds (2 Adults)

nothing i can think of we were happy with our stay.

Great location close to all the best restraunts shopping centres casino beachers , we also celebrated our 25 anniversary Thank you for the wine it was very nice.

• Classic King Room

A bit overpriced but as I booked only 2 weeks out from my stay that is to be expected.

Great location, incredibly comfortable bed, "pillow menu" with choice of 5 types of pillows, spacious bathroom with bath.

• Superior King Room with Sea View

Nothing for our short stay.

Location, location location. Also front desk staff very helpful and friendly. Found a lovely bottle of champagne in the room . I was celebrating my birthday and the reservation staff organised this without our knowledge.

• Superior King Room with Sea View

Undercover Carpark is not wheelchair-suitable. Left access at carpark is through stairs only!! Breakfast is below average.

Location. Staff r great too.

Browse Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach traveller photo gallery