Reviews of Highfield Private Hotel 2 stars

Based on 569 hostel reviews

6.2

6.2

5.9

Very happy. Will stay here again.
    • Classic Family Room with Shared Bathroom

It was exactly what you would expect for the price. The staff were so lovely and helpful. My children loved having breakfast in the communal kitchen and talking to people from all walks of life. It has a very homely appeal. Great location and I was shocked it was as quiet as it was.

the only good thing about this hotel is its location.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

OMG, the hotel was so dirty on arrival. i checked in at 3.30pm, saw the room which was very dusty, the bathroom was so smelly and even the toilet had residue on the seats. It was really disgusting, hence i checked out at 4pm. I was lucky to get a refund however they told me that on that day, all their cleaners were sick. So conveniently, all their cleaners are sick on the same day and don't come to work. That is the lamest excuse to give to a doctor. I personally won't book this hotel again.

the only good thing about this hotel is its location. it is close to shops, restaurants and train station.

Location is great, 1 minute walk to kingscross station and...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room was never cleaned despite having the ‘please make up my room’ sign on the door each day. Did see a cockroach in the toilet area one evening. Only 500mb of WiFi!

Location is great, 1 minute walk to kingscross station and can walk to Westfield in 20 mins. Communal showers were clean and hot, toilets also very clean. Staff were really friendly and always reminded us about the free breakfast on offer.

Room was good size with sink, little fridge, desk and TV.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The kitchen is really tiny but had all the facilities you might need. Many options to eat out so probably you end up not using the kitchen anyway.

Room was good size with sink, little fridge, desk and TV. The view outside the window was better than I expecteyou could even have a glance at the skyline of Sydney. The hotel is really close to Kings Cross Station and there is supermarket,everything you need within short walking distance. It takes you a little while to get to the city but if you walk you get some exercise done as well :) I really liked the times the breakfast was served, 8-10am is a good time so you have the opportunity to sleep in a little longer. The luggage storage is free of charge.

Best place for tourists.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Electric plugs need to be by the bed.

I love the reception guy Piter. He welcomed us with a big smile, after we done the sign in process he helped us with our laggage. We didn’t expect brakefast with the amount we paid for the nights, Peter invite us for Brakefast, the kitchen looks like a home. Even if it is too small it accommodate everything smile, respect, and continental Brakefast. The kitchen is open until 8pm you have the opportunity to cook your own food. If you love walking, like I do, this is the VERY BEST place to stay. It was a 15min walk to Harbor Bridge and Opera House. 20min to darling harbor (excellent place for romantic, family and girls or boys out). There's also Train station/Kings Cross 2min walk away. The hotel is in the best location; From street food, shops, pubs, Coles/Woolies (Saturday market behind the hotel) At first we didn’t like sharing Bathroom, then we like it. it is neat and clean.

Awesome!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Take ear plugs if you're a light sleeper!

Staff were very helpful, easy going and friendly. The room was great; very clean with windows and aircon. FANTASTIC location to food, rail, sights, shopping and theatres. Excellent security; easy to use code locks.

Nice facilities, noisy visitors
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The main problem i had was noisy visitors. They were yelling in the hallways and slamming doors, I got woken up exactly at 7am on a Sunday morning. Also, the cleaners were loud at the time of the morning as well. The Saturday night my neighbours were yelling st each other and in one point they went in the corridor to physically fight each other, I was very scared to leave my room and worried for my safety at that point. The WiFi is capped only at 500MB which nowadays doesn't offer much at all. When I went to the breakfast there was no milk, juice or bread, so I couldn't have the toast or cereal, I did eat the cereal which was very sad because it was dry. I was also charged twice - once through booking.com and again at check in. I have emailed and I hope I get my money back because otherwise if I wanted to pay $160 a night then I would've gone to a very very nice hotel. (I paid $80 for one night but was charged twice).

Everything the hotel itself provided - the staff, room, bathrooms, cleanliness I liked.

Ok, a place to stay
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room was very old and basic - didn’t feel particularly homely. Cockroaches in the kitchen!! Kitchen closed at 8pm - which isn’t advertised online WiFi only available up to 500MB Cleaner hadn’t been in so the room wasn’t available, so we were ‘upgraded’ (nothing seemed like an upgrade in the room, it had everything our description said) - system wasn’t working so we couldn’t be checked in on their system therefore WiFi didn’t work - we were told to try when we came back later after 3pm - female member of staff hadn’t resolved the issue! A little overpriced for the quality of the room in comparison to other properties we’ve stayed in in Sydney.

Good location - a walk into the centre of town - very close to Kings Cross! Bathroom was clean, shower hot!

A hostel with en suite facilities in some rooms
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Cramped room which was dominated by the bed and made it difficult to move round. If like us you had luggage then there is no lift.

Price, staff,ease of getting there, comfortable bed and en suite facilities. Basic but good especially if, like us, the room is used for sleeping and changing in.

$58 a room for two people to stay near the central area is really such a bargain!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room we applied for and got was just the same as the pictures described. Very clean and tidy. Bedding is comfy. Room includes a basin, a TV and a small fridge. Staff extremely warm-hearted and helpful. Having the breakie in the morning while chatting with friendly strangers and enjoying the warmth of sunshine is really a great vibe. Value exceeds the price! Would recommend this place!

Location was perfect, only feet from Kings Cross Station.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Just limited Power Points. And not to much of an issue but no shower door or anything so the water, unfortunately went everywhere. :)

Location was perfect, only feet from Kings Cross Station. Private room with Ensuite was perfect size for a few nights stay. Staff were friendly and welcoming and very informative, as well as helpful.

Great Value and Good location
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

1 floor 1 toilets room with 2 bath and 2 toiletbowl. 1st floor for male and 2 floor for female. Breakfast room at 1st room which is ok. Quite noisy surrounding bcz bars around and drunkers noices. Even those travellers staying in the same building they also noisy at midnight.

Is near to train station and not hard to find.. so many bars and restaurant nearby. 3 floors building with no lift. Free breakfast is good.. simply breakfast.

Excellent value for money and great location.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Property is excellent value for money, we had a double room with ensuite, whilst small was certainly sufficient. Great location, 200m from Kings X station, and a really close to cafes & restaurants. A well equipped kitchen where breakfast is served daily and allowed us to cook our own dinner. Staff were exceptional.

Wifi is limited not free, I hate when people mislead like that
    • Single Bed in 2-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Bathroom

I booked cause it was offering a deal at a "hotel" and I saw it was for a bed in a two bunk room. Having a single room to myself with a similar set up I thought they won't put two complete strangers in a small room together. I was wrong. They even moved me from one room to other so I was sharing with another guy instead of a girl. I didn't care but it felt like a waste of time and effort. The kitchen was very small and the wifi was limited to 500mb a day.

Free breakfast

Hotel prison, sort out your kitchen area ASAP.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Sort out your kitchen. Provide NO breakfast at all, or extend it by knocking out the walls of room 1 and 2. Owner said ah very busy this morning. NO just that you have 11 seats for a 30 room hotel. Had to stand up to eat my breakfast. Get rid of the fridges in the rooms, to big and not enough space. Get some hooks or something to store clothes. The entrance looks like a prison. Everytime to returned to the hostel I let out a long sigh. Bathrooms, great but small. And mixed gender all over the place. Make them all mixed. Or when you have a booking of say 2 men, out them on the floor of the males toilets. If u have a booking of 2 girls, out them on the girls bathroom level. Simple. Would never stay here again. Sorry.

Pretty standard cheap budget hotel. More like a hostel. Bathrooms are new but EXTREMELY SMALL cubicals. Easy location to get to and on the quite side of Kings Cross

Staffs are very helpful!
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

CleanlinessT,Tgot small cockroach...No kettle provide each room(Can request from counter within office hour when you need) & cant use hair dryer(Dunnoe why),I will said not suitable for family with kid to stay

Staffs are very helpful!And location is perfect probably around 100m away from King Cross station!

Average
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I had two oldies with me and I got the 3rd floor. They had a hard time getting upstairs as they have only steps and They mentioned about parking available but it cost $25 a day. We got a fine because of parked in front of the building to get into the car.

The staff is very attentive and I liked the breakfast. The room is quite pleasant.

Pathetic

Very very disappointed with all aspects of our stay..... simple little “luxuries” like soap, clean sheets and air conditioning are non existent. I had to remind staff to make up my room despite turning the “please make up my room” sign in clear view before scheduled cleaning times. Continental Breakfast was provided for including basic boiled eggs, cereal, toast etc however don’t expect a seat to sit on as the room was tiny with a couple of sets of chairs and tables, perfect if you want to sit on someone’s lap! No elevators to any level! I was put on top level number 3. Not impressed to have to lug bags up 6 flights of stairs. No air conditioning in whole facility (except for reception I imagine!) a vintage fan was provided however had a tick on every setting. The room was very basic. No wardrobe. No bench space and a makeshift vanity unit. Overall I believe this appalling review was necessary to warn future patrons of the pathetic service offered at this hotel. Trust me.... go elsewhere!

Not the best
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

We were totally screwed over by the staff guy who sold us only one ticket for the airport shuttle. We had to beg the driver to take the three of us and give him American dollars because of the hotel guy’s error. Extremely inconvenient and embarrassing.

Owner who checked us in was nice. Kid who helped with the trash & additonal toilet paper was nice. Location was easy to give to taxi drivers.

horrible

wish i booked the hotel next door which was a back packers one.

the location was too far from all the attractions in sydeny, besides the opera house which was great. the service was very poor. the owner or who ever he was, seemed very dodgy. the photos are falsely advertised. looks nothing like it in real life.

Staying with family
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

You can use the kitchen in the morning only, Wi-Fi is 500MB per room per day and you have to pay if finished, toilet not regularly maintained, no air-con in the rooms only old fan, they add extra 2% for credit payment

Location is good, breakfast is ok, some of the staff are helpful

Unsatisfy and not at all value for money
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Nothing...Price is too high compare to other hotels of similar type

Breakfast room is tiny and items are limited if you go late you will miss some of them

As stated above hotel in good location but disappointing overall.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Very cramped room and the coachroach in the bathroom and in the breakfast room on the day we were leaving let it down.

Staff were nice and friendly. Bed was comfortable. Good location. Breakfast was okay.

Friendly staff. Good stay if you enjoy the company of other guests, and aren't fussy.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Fan was dusty. Fridge wasn't entirely cleaned.

Hotel owner was accomodating, and always asked if we were ok with everything. Sheets were crisp. Shared bathroom was well maintained. Morning breakfast buffet from the shared kitchen had the essentials like bread, toast, kettle, tea, coffee, and orange juice. Enjoyed the choice of spreads like jam, peanut butter and chocolate spread. It felt cosy eating breakfast with others, in a small kitchen/dining area, and there was a t.v., a shared fridge, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, sink with sponge and dishwashing liquid, tea towels, tissue napkins, sufficient cutlery and crockery. There was a good view of the Potts Point locals from down below when you are sitting in the centre by the window.

Great value!
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Entry is unstaffed at night. Outer locked gated placement seems less secure. It isn't at street, but down a hallway, around a corner.

Great location, comfy beds, nice linens, friendly.

Worst hotel ever
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

charge through credit card without informing,cockroach everywhere everyday,charge higher than booking price,disapprove of delay checkout but didnt inform until we ask.

nothing is good

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Sydney should be ashamed.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Apart from the clean towels and linen it was very below average. The paint is flaking of the vanity unit. The taps didn't even match. I got one coat hanger on the back of a door which didn't fully open as the bed was too big for the room. No niceties like soap or shampoo.

I didn't have breakfast as it wasn't available until eight am. I was on business and had to be in the city by then. Dissappointing

Overall, good value for money
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There was a kettle in the room but no tea,coffee or milk. Breakfast is very basic (boiled eggs, bread/toast and spreads) served at 8:30, which was too late for me as I was gone by then on most days On the last night the fan died.

Helpful staff. Convenient location. Comfy bed. Shower and toilet clean.

When we arrived in, the staff were very friendly.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

When we arrived in, the staff were very friendly. We suggest the hotel because is very clean and confortable. maybe the best i've seen in Australia. The position was good just close the metro station King cross.

We got what we expected -needed- plus a really nice vibe.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Stronger light to read by would be good.

Staff friendly and very helpful, good location. It's near the (unnerving?) King's Cross, but doesn't feel like it! It's completely basic, but that's why it's cheap -- all we needed was a bed, a loo, and a wash, and that's what there was. Plus plenty of DYI breakfast.

Considering it’s a backpackers hostel it is clean and fresh...
    • Classic Family Room with Shared Bathroom

Well it is a backpackers. So don’t expect anything too fancy. There were some creepy crawlie bugs in the room

Considering it’s a backpackers hostel it is clean and fresh and fairly recently updated. I was surprised by how nice yet simple the rooms are.

Highfield hotel is in a superb location & is extremely good value for money.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Although it was generally not noisy at night, a few of the younger guests were running up and down the corridors & stairs until nearly midnight on one occasion. There were a few small cockroaches but it's an old building & frankly I'd rather have them than chemical spray everywhere.

Highfield is in a really great location & extremely good value for money. It's a very quiet street but central to everything; 5 minutes to the station. The room was compact but had everything you could need. The staff were friendly & helpful & the hotel felt private & homey. I would definitely stay again & recommend it to my friends.

Great location, room and facilities were as expected.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Very odd interaction with the staff member at the front desk insisting on a cash only key deposit of $100 and making it difficult for my partner to check in even though I had called him earlier in the day to confirm that this was ok.

Great location, room and facilities were as expected. Clean and simple.

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Whilst sitting in the tiny private bathroom that must of been an old closet I noticed a cockroach crawling on the door (one of few I saw) my instinct came in to kick it so I did. Then suddenly the toilet rocked...

Great location, poor conditions. Ok for those who don't plan on spending too long in the bedroom.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no A.C., a cockroach fell from the ventilation, thin walls (listened to other people talking), could also listen to trucks on the street.

The staff were friendly, clean shower/bathroom, sink in the bedroom, cebtral location.

Really nice and helpfull staff.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We saw a few cockroaches the first days, but the last day they were all over our room when we got home. We slept really badly because of that. There was even one in our bed.

Really nice and helpfull staff. One of them gave us a lot of tips about where to go and how to get there. Good breakfast and refilled all the time. Big nice showers and clean bathrooms. Fridge in your own room. Location is perfect!

Adrian- staff member isna great asset

Rooms are very small.

Booked private room - shared bath, upon arrival thought it was on the small side but manageable. Easy access to WiFi and very impressed with how clean the room was as well as the bathrooms. Adrian welcomed us and very knowledgeable on the surrounding areas as well as travelled Oz and Asia. Unfortunately our 1st night sleep wasnt great due to weird clanging and banging from the person above us. Mentioned this Adrian the next morning who offered us an option to move to an upgraded room foc. Breakfast was good and location close to kings cross station, thank you for the assistance through out the stay.

Friendly staff ,located close to transport links and walking...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Not what I was expecting,more an hostel than hotel,

Friendly staff ,located close to transport links and walking distance from most places i needed to be

Close to trans port
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The female bathroom floor was always wet with water everywhere outside showers coming onto the main bathroom danger hazard for people to slip and get compensation payouts Otherwise amenities good. Stealing of TV remotes is not on and TV remotes on room for TV to work. Great hot one friendly helpful staff in that area. Accommodated for my request open windows.

Staff friendly and helpful good customer service. Room was comfy quiet and clean crisp sheets and towels. Close to public transport and train. Walking distance to pubs clubs restaurants eateries

Our stay there for was not very comfortable with three adults in this very small room with not even
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The size of the room was extremely small. It was advertised as a room for three adults and one child. The room itself was approximately 10‘ x 10‘ with one double bed and one trundle bed. When the trundle bed was pulled out from under the double bed it was very difficult to open the door to go in or go out.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Staff were nice
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There were cockroaches in the room, holes in the screen shutters which let mosquitos in, no fan or aircon so very hot at night, and holes in the sheets.

Staff were nice

Could have been worse.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Room wasn’t quite how the photos are, a lot smaller. Our view was a brick wall, & we had a quilt for a blanket.. Photos made it look like we had a kitchen in our room.. it was seperate and shared.

I would stay again as it was great value for money. Just need to ensure all rooms have a fan

We didn't have a fan or aircon in our room. It was very hot and open windows wasn't enough to make for a totally comfortable sleep. Even a pedestal fan would have improved this.

The price and location was fantastic for our purpose. It was very clean.

The accommodation was good value for money.
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

Happy with the overall experience. Would recommend this hotel as convenient, economical and well presented.

The accommodation was good value for money. Clean and comfortable (including shared bathrooms). Breakfast was fine and a good chance to mingle with other guests. Close proximity to Kings Cross Train Station and a fantastic Thai Restaurant. The staff were professional, helpful and friendly.

Unpleasant experience due to mistake by booking.com
    • Classic Family Room with Shared Bathroom

Booking.com made a mistake, when we arrived at our hotel, the reservation was not recognised by the hotel. Do booking.com relocated us to this place, much more expensive and definitely lower quality in a worse zone. We r still waiting for the promised refund. That’s why our experience is not what we booked or expected

Small room but bed was super comfortable couldn’t ask more for the price
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The shared bathrooms if I known it was a share bathroom I would of spent the bit extra and got a room with and ensuite

Clean rooms comfortable beds easy to get around we stayed on a Saturday night we didn’t hear much noise slept with the window open

Great location & friendly clean hotel
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

A few simple hooks & coat hangers would make it easier to hang clothes in room.

Very comfy bed, great location many cafes & restaurants. East walking distance to train station. Safe location. Would stay again.

Location was decent enough and in a not bad price range
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was very small (bed didn't even fit in it properly) you could hear a lot of noises from other guests and a very tiny kitchen for the amount of rooms they had.

Location was decent enough and in a not bad price range

Clean and comfy, great location
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

You can hear other guests pretty well so bring some ear plugs in case they happen to be noisey that night

Very clean and comfy, you were made to feel very looked after by the staff

Breakfast very good.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Little room. We had bathroom in the room but the bathroom was very very little. A LOT of noise the night. We could hear everything outside or the guests who was in others rooms or in the corridor.

Breakfast very good.

The stay was ok and the location was very good
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Rooms walls a to thin and you could here people watching tv all night. Plus the room I stayed in, I could hear the people abouve me walk around. Very creeky floors.

The location was perfect for me and to get around to places

Excellent.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

That it was on discount and that we couldn't have stayed longer.

Everything. The rooms, toilets, kitchen was great and clean. We got it on discount but if was cheaper all the time would have extended for longer haha.

Unhappy customer and very disappointed
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

As soon as you walked in the entrance, you can scent this funny smells in the whole complex. Whole place was so untidy and not clean. Just everything about the room. Bed was very uncomfortable. Got a really sore back the morning. Bathroom was so small only suits very tiny people. Not clean at all. Bed covers was smelly like someone was using it from the night before. They give you 2 spread invoices with 2 different break down of the cost etc. charge you extra $25 for parking and another extra $25 for single bed on top of the price you booked online. The reception area looks untidy and staff is so unprofessional with their service. No wonder why they don't have a pic of the reception area. Never going to recommend this place to anyone. Pictures on the website of the room etc has nothing to what I saw when I walked in :(( unhappy customer!!

Not happy with the service and the property.

Good value for money
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

Nothing much. But I would suggest management to emphasize more on cleanliness, but with the price they are charging it would be a bit difficult to do so. Hence i wont blame management. However, reviews provided by past guests I didn't find any cockroaches in the room :)

Great location very much close to CBD and two minutes walk from Kings Cross station. The manager / owner was a nice gentleman and very helpful, also upgraded our room with private bathroom and air conditioner at a nominal additional cost. Breakfast was good quality English breakfast (Boiled eggs, toasted breads, butter, jam, cereals. juice, tea & coffee) and the manager/ owner was personally visiting the breakfast room multiple times to provide regular supplies and to ensure that all guests get proper breakfast. Kitchen facilities were great and one can easily cook their own dinner as well. TV and Wifi were working fine as well. Good value for money!!

Choose elsewhere
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The NOISE. This really seems like a backpackers and attracts that crowd. There was a pair of drunken twenty somethings making all sorts of noise in the corridor around 3am soon after a bunch of said twenty odds came laughing loudly in and stomped around the hotel. The hotel does have a noise rule but it was ignored. The private bathroom was a plastic shell structure inserted into the room. The shower curtain was moldy. Paint was coming off in the room. The TV had issues with playback of some channels. The bed was clean though cheap and short. My travel companion and I needed sleep as we were running in the City2Surf on the Sunday. We didn't get that sleep. We normally stay at another, similarly priced hotel nearby which is far better but that was booked out that weekend. Thankfully I have booked it in time for my next trip to Sydney. I won't be staying here again.

The only good thing about this location was the location. Staff were friendly though but slow.

This place has a heart called Adrian! :-) I'll be back.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I did not like that there was no outdoor area to enjoy a morning coffee but there was no end of open areas close by.

The bed was comfortable and clean and though breakfast was the only meal provided and included in the price of the booking it was substantial and more than enough to get me through the day. The room and facilities were clean and the service was excellent! :-) Walking around the town, and traveling to nearby points of interest was easy and everyone I met was absolutely wonderful!

Would stop again but for no more than 2 nights
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

The toilets were small and could have done with a mop before having a shower

The room was clean and the bed comfy and there was a basin and fridge in the room

Breakfast and parking booked but was not really available
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Breakfast only from 8am which is really late if you want to do trips Parking located 800m away Room was not really clean and very small

Location quiet nice On the last day we had some really helpful staff who organized airport shuttle for us

Inexpensive no frills. Breakfast was simple but sufficent.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Mirror in my room was too low and the sink did not drain freely. This suggested maintenance was not up to standard.

My bed was very comfortable and the room heater was greatly appreciated. This time my room was at the end of the corridor so there was no passing guest traffic and it was very quiet.

Safe, quiet and close to everything
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I really have no complaints. We had a nice time and would go there again if we were in the area.

The boarding house is a Victorian artifact with lots of original details still there. The atmosphere is friendly and it is so central - we were able to see all of the must see things in Sydney within walking distance. We are long walkers so that helped. The room was warm enough, clean, big enough for my daughter and I and we felt very safe. The morning breakfast was simple and pleasant enough and the opportunity to meet other travelers was fun. Better than a hostel because the rooms are private, though.

Backpackers not a hotel
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast is done from 8am i had to leave at 7am so i missed it. There were a lot of loud people around the building and in the hallways early in the morning 3am. There were beds taking up half the hallway which made it difficult to get past. Someone was smoking in their room which made the hall and near my room smell bad. Bed had black hairs on the sheets. T.v didnt work. Like a backpackers rather than a hotel.

It was very close to the train station. Bed was comfortable.

great location , handy to were i was going, cheap parking ,...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

had bunk beds ? not really what i was expecting from double room ,tiny bathroom bout size of a wardrobe more like a backpackers type place than hotel , just bit dearer although cheapest room with a bathroom i could find .

great location , handy to were i was going, cheap parking , cheapest own room with a bathroom i could find and a brekky, all in all for 1 night was fine .

Convenient
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The reception desk was never occupied so when we wanted to check out we had to come back to hand in the keys and on other occasions if we needed something no one was available at the reception to speak to.

"Well it's not the Hilton, what were you expecting"

This place claims to be a "private hotel" when all it is, is a hostel/backpackers place. I had called the hotel earlier in the day to let them know that we would be arriving between 12am-2am as we were driving from Melbourne. The man I spoke to told me that once we got there, to call on the same number and someone would let us in. Once we arrived, I called the number 14 times and no one would answer. We tried calling the door bell but still nothing. We then managed to get in through a secure gate by following someone else in and managed to locate the person on duty. He then handed us 3 keys and there were 11 of us booked to stay there. When we got to our rooms, 1 of them had someone else sleeping in there so we had to resort in sleeping 11 people on 2 rooms. The next morning I went to reception to try and sort out the issue and get a refund for one of the rooms and the man told me he could not issue me a refund as I had to wait for the manager to come in and do a refund on the credit card machine. He call the manager and was told he would be there in 15 minutes. We went and got a coffee and came back after 30 minutes only to be told that he still hadn't come in and could get onto him on the phone. When we finally got him on the phone, I was told that he doesn't start his shift until 11am so I would have to wait until then to get my refund. After explaining my whole experience and utter disgust with everything about this hotel I was told "well it's not the Hilton, what were you expecting". The rooms themselves were very dirty, there was mold and stains all over the walls and ceilings, parts of the timber floors were lifting or missing, the beds were wobbly and uncomfortable and the tiny little sink in the corner stunk of urine. Some beds had sheets and others didn't.

Apart from the location, there isn't anything nice about this place.

Lovely welcoming hotel in a perfect location at a very reasonable price
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

This was our first visit to Highfield Hotel but we'll definitely go back! The location is excellent - we loved the leafy street and the fantastic array of restaurants and cafes right nearby. We walked across the road to Ms G's on Saturday night and it was fabulous - incredible food and super quick service, we easily made it to our play at the Opera House. Highfield Hotel is in a perfect location if you want a really good value room in close proximity to the Opera House and the many other delights of the waterfront and the city. The staff at Highfield were really lovely and very welcoming. Our room was beautifully clean and very comfortable. We both slept well!! We appreciated the excellent security system at the hotel - we felt very safe and secure. We had a wonderful stay at Highfield and are looking forward to our next visit.

• Classic Family Room with Shared Bathroom

Shared bathroom. Raised floor in hall way. When I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night a kicked my toe and sliced a flap of skin off

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Close to transport
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The excessive noise in the corridor of level 2 until after 1pm sounds drug related of yelling top note banging with heels all hours of night. Yet rules says no noise after after 11pm respect others. Where is the respect for others this time of the night people trying to sleep wondering why rules not apply and people are not dealt with other accommodation foes not put up with this. Continued noise their out.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Its ok for couple
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Bathroom poor maintenance, one of the flush didnt wirk make the whole bath and shower room both smelly. Ladies hair fall on the floor that cleaners should pay more attention about their duty

One step up from a backpackers hostel
    • Classic Family Room with Shared Bathroom

It was only a small step up from a backpackers hostel. Shared bathrooms which are draughty and leaky, very room and hallway I went in had a huge build up of dust and dirt along the architraves. He beds are very uncomfortable and the rooms are very small. There is no lift, which made things difficult as myself and my partner have issues with our legs

The managers of the property are quite nice and the breakfast was nice. It was only very very basic, but nice

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Best accommodation decision I could have made for the price
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Very accommodating and considerate management team. Can't comment on other rooms, but my room was surprisingly well appointed in an unexpected contemporary & minimalistic way to suit the character of the property, which made me feel I was somewhere much better than what I expected for the price. The complimentary continental breakfast in a DIY kitchen was great, especially with the provision of eggs.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

we were happy with the location as was close enough to the...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

that there were people partying and running up and down the hall out side our room slamming the doors . when we complained after the first night of no sleep the manager gave us a card to ring if it happened again and when it did and we rang nothing happened it continued till 330 am. we pre paid our room and they were going to charge us again only that we had our receipt which we showed and he still wanted to charge us saying it didn't come out of our account which it had.we paid for breakfast and were never told where we were to get it from so all up we will never use this hotel again to the point we found the place we stayed last time and got a card so we can just call them and stay there .

we were happy with the location as was close enough to the train station that we could go where we wanted

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Very enjoyable stay in Sydney, lots to see and do, would recommend a visit; a return visit is a must
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel was very comfortable and the staff very friendly and easy going; quite close to a lot of amenities, not too far from centre of Sydney, transport also very good and easy to access

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Simple room for budget traveling
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

More insects and noise than I would expect. Shared bathroom/shower was kind of ok but the lack of shampoo was a frustrating surprise. Wifi is limited to certain MB number after which you have to buy more.

I got a bed in my own room at a lower price than most Sydney hotels would charge. Location suited my needs and I just walked to places I wanted to see in the centre.

Great value and location
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Clean and comfortable room with comfortable bed and clean and updated shared bathroom facilities. Location was excellent and had a very good sleep with no noise.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Convenient basic accomodation
    • Family Room with Shared Bathroom

Could not flush the toilet in unisex bathroom. It was broken or jammed. Very noisy at night but I guess that could not be helped.

Good location, close to where we wanted to go. Value for money as it was for sleeping one night only and that is all we wanted.