Reviews of Hilton Brisbane 5 stars

190 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane CBD, 4001 Brisbane, Australia

#18 of 148 hotels in Brisbane

About as expected
    • King Hilton Guest Room

The heating system did not have the temperature showing. only a diagram showing low to high. Very difficult to the room temp right. Ended up getting far too hot & waking up early morning.

Ref Below Staff responded by discounting our mini bar use & taking on board feedback

Enjoyable and relaxing
    • Hilton Guest Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

Unfortunately the breakfast on the last morning left us with not so good impression, over priced and cold.

Everything was great, lovely staff, we were treated like queens. Otherwise the beds were fantastic and facilities were great.

Good for short business stop over but not for leisure
    • Hilton Guest Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

The room looked a bit older than one expects of Hilton. Absolutely no provision for USB charging of electronic devices. Surprising in this age.

The staff & service if good as is the location.

An enjoyable stay. Most convenient as compare with other hotels in the City Center.

Nothing particular.

A nice hotel in a very convenient area. Directly connected to the Queensmall, and short walk to the beautiful Southbank. WiFi is fast, room service is swift and quality is favorable. Bathroom is good with detachable shower. Staff are friendly and efficient. I requested an USB charging cable and it was delivered to my room in a jiffy.

centrally located, clean, pleasant staff, value for money
    • King Hilton Guest Room

The hotel was conveniently located in the heart of Brisbane CBD. Staff at the hotel always greeted us and were so polite. The business center efficient to use. Although a business hotel, the staff made us feel like we were there for leisure more so than a conference.

Location, location, location!
    • Hilton Guest Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

Location, location, location! We didn't realise until we arrived how central the hotel was. We caught the train for the airport and could walk from Central station to the hotel. Has a second entrance right on Queen Street Mall.

double beds are small for 2 people.
    • Hilton Guest Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

double beds are small for 2 people. We had 3 people in our booking and only 2 towels. The shower leaked all over the floor in bathroom. Some lights in bathroom did not work either. Not enough toiletries for 3 people.

Painless and smooth experience with all amenities I would expect of executive level accommodations.
    • King Hilton Suite

Lack of a menu or easy discovery of one for the 24hr in-room dining service.

I loved the express checkout facility. I loved the quick lift response times.

Wonderful stay following our amazing wedding day :)
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Slept so well! We had a complimentary bottle of wine waiting for us on arrival after our wedding day which was just lovely :) Car services were fantastic and made the drop off and pick up so easy!

Far from 5 star...
    • King Hilton Deluxe Room

The pillows were disgusting, we woke up every hour. The toilet paper and tissues in the room are worse than supermarket home brand. Needless to say the toiletries provided were cheap, not even toothbrush and toothpaste provided and this wasn't the base level entry room. The room service was atrocious, pizza was like burnt cardboard and the club sandwich was cold plus charged a $5.00 delivery fee which is absurd considering the food is already well overpriced and it is room service is it not? The buffet breakfast was quite disappointing, nothing exciting. Overall for a 5 star hotel and a name such as the Hilton, my experience was beyond awful, I will never stay at this hotel again. Though I have stayed at other Hilton hotels including international which were amazing so this is a disappointment. Cheap nasty cost saving tactics and an old run down building.

The staff were friendly and the location is great.

The location can’t be faulted or the staff . However if you are looking for luxury look elsewhere
    • King Hilton Guest Room

The room was outdated not what I expected from a Hilton , more like a Travelodge Parking VERY expensive $58 per 24hours Room air con so noisy we couldn’t use it Requested a 12pm check in didn’t get the room till 3 pm

Location All staff encountered were very friendly and attentive Main foyer is gorgeous

excellent
    • King Hilton Guest Room

My husband and I stay at the Hilton every Anzac Day and we have gotten to know the staff and they are all very helpful. The location of the Hilton is right where we need to be as we march in the Anzac day parade and then meet up with friends around the city and then we go back to our room and crash. We will be there again in 2019

Short.
    • King Hilton Guest Room

No television, took 2 phone calls to find out that there had been issues with the TV connection that day, was offered a complimentary movie as no TV. Was charged $15.95 for the movie. I rang to complain and was told it would take between 10 - 15 days for a refund to come through and if it didn't, I was to ring them back????? Air con was also not cold enough and couldn't be adjusted.

Staff were lovely, room was a good size.

Central and convenient. For the price, I didn't feel like I got value for money.
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Room felt a little sterile and dated. TV looked pretty old and small. Also, surprised at WIFI not being free. I've never stayed in a hotel that charges for WIFI until now, especially an expensive hotel such as this one. Reception did give this to me for free as a "one off" after I complained about it. I was also told that I could sign up to some rewards program to get it for free - but come on guys, in today's day and age, just include WIFI with the room without making it complicated.

Very central & convenient location.

Good customer service poor quality
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Too many problems with the room we were staying in (broken mirrors, lampshades, draws and desk lamp) and had to be moved to another room which also had problems (broken shower/alarm clock). Charged for breakfast on the first day. Breakfast went from 7-11 and checked in at 3pm so hard to have a breakfast you wern't even there for!

The staff were friendly

Enjoyed it overall
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Breakfast was average. Chefs unhappy and using their hands to make omelettes. Coffee needs improving

Excellent staff. Lovely rooms. Perfect location. Great bed and pillows. Reception staff are amazing.

Comfortable, brilliantly located venue with very professional staff.
    • King Hilton Deluxe Room

I am not a big fan of the open plan design of the restaurant. Hence why I would not say it is a romantic destination

The staff were fabulous, particularly Eme, Catering Manager and Benny, Concierge. The house keeping staff were very friendly and professional also.

Very expensive breakfast but nice hotel
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Breakfast was a little expensive $45 each is a bit too much especially as we were told at check in that we would get a discounted rate at $25 for breakfast but then when we went to pay the next morning we were told they didn't offer any discount. We ended up paying nearly $90 after other charges were added. Although the breakfast buffet was nice it was definitely not worth that price and had we known we would have gone into the city for breakfast.

The hotel was beautiful and location amazing. The room was a little basic but the bed was massive and comfy

Except for problems in the Vintage Bar my stay was excellent!
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Very poor service in Vintage Bar two nights in a row. However it did improve when my Grandsons who are aged in their mid 20s arrived. Staff should be trained to give service to everyone and not upset clients who will be paying the account!!

The staff were excellent. Having not stayed in a Hilton hotel for a few years I was pleasantly surprised.

Great location, center of shopping area, but not impressed for room, too expensive
    • King Hilton Executive Room with Access to Executive Lounge

58$ AUD per night for parking a car. Breakfast is not 5 stars hotel. Executive lounge is not worth extra money. Room is very small, quite old , not worth at this price rate.

Great Location, next to shopping center. Staffs good.

Not sure we will come back, very disappointing. The staff all seemed very unhappy in the workplace
    • King Hilton Guest Room

The staff in the restaurant were awful, management arguing with the wait staff the breakfast chef was extreamly rude. The quality of the breakfast in comparison to what I have on previous stays was substantially worse. I was very unhappy and to be honest it really made us re think our choice about staying again. Far from 5 Star

It was convenient for work purposes

Location is excellent.
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Bathroom was very small. Breakfast wasn't well stocked (empty trays where food should have been) and staff very slow to clear table.

Location is excellent. Very quiet and comfortable.

A very pleasant stay
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Attended a function in the hotel, member of the security staff was quite abrupt when asking us to leave at the end of the function

Majority of staff were extremely nice. Our car broke down and the valet staff were extremely good on getting it sorted for us .

It was alright but I would try another hotel next time.
    • Hilton Guest Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

Mattress was very soft, I understand that all hotels have an standard but for me it was too soft and got a sore back next morning. It is probably expensive for hotels but that would be great if they have that option as well as the size of the bed, perhaps an option for firm and semi soft mattress. Also it takes a very long time to release your deposit. after 6 days, I called the hotel and the gentleman on the phone said that it was refunded on the day that I checked out and I should talk to my bank. After speaking to my bank, I was advised that they never received the notification to release the money and I should talk to the hotel. I tried to call back the hotel again and after many attempts some 6 mins on hold, I gave up.

It was an average hotel, nothing fancy or extraordinary about it. Location is quite good and everything around Brisbane CBD is close. Staff were very polite and professional and tried to get me the best room/level.

In general a decent Hotel, but nothing with Wow factor. I was surprised about the extra fees
    • King Hilton Guest Room

59$ for Parking for 1 day. A cappucino 5$ , not included in Breakfast. Breakfast was decent but nothing special. Shower head had some loose Aluminium, my wife almost got a cut. No Hilton Honors points, as I booked via Booking.com Free WiFi only because I didn’t know that i will not receive any points . Don’t know how much they would have charged otherwise.

Friendly Staff, express checkout service . Valet Parking.

Fabulous hotel, wonderful service and a great location
    • Hilton Guest Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

I booked the room for my daughters to celebrate a special birthday. They had a wonderful stay and I appreciate the extra touch of champagne in the room - it was unexpected and a wonderful surprise.

We love the Hilton. It is a haven of peace in the busy-ness of the Queen St Mall.
    • King Hilton Guest Room

It is disappointing that when facilities were 'upgraded' a few years ago, this appears to have been aimed at the business man and not the tourist. The rooms really need a small table and two conversation chairs to allow you to sit comfortably and have a cup of tea. The cocktail lounge has also lost its warmth and is now a bit sterile and not particularly comfortable - the distance between a person sitting in a chair and one sitting on the upholstered seat is too great for conversation.

The Hilton is VERY clean; it is quiet; the room is a good size; the bed is very comfortable; the breakfast was delicious; the staff are very accommodating; we always seem to be able to check in earlier than stated. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for the staff. And the location of the hotel is excellent.

Enjoyed the location and the security
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Only 1 piece of soap in bathroom for 2 guests.Didnt like that I wasnt informed when I booked that guest rooms started on level 9. I prefer to stay no higher than level 3.

Pillows and bed were great. Staff very friendly and helpful.Very clean and spacious

Lovely stay, excellent service all round
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Excellent service from all staff. Organised an immediate room change to one with a walk-in shower when we realised our room shower was over the bath and my elderly mother was unable to access the shower.

Thoroughly enjoyable stay in a stylish comfortable central hotel with excellent staff.
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Outside of building. Could have been more umbrella shaded by the pool

Bed very comfortable and excellent shower. Staff in the bar and coffee bar very helpful and polite.

excelent
    • King Hilton Deluxe Room

I think the rooms need an upgrade, they are getting a bit old.

the rooms where a good size. it was really clean as well. The person that made our stay extra special was Chief Concierge Ben Shaw, from the moment we walked in, he was just great. if I ever travel back to Brisbane Ben will be the person I will be contacting.

Amazing, because of the location was great.
    • King Hilton Guest Room

for the high price i payed to be at Luxury hotel like Hilton they should at least give you free water at the mini-bar

Location was the best thing actually.

Will return
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Have stayed at all big Hotels in Brisbane but never the Hilton and thought we would try. We enjoyed everything the Hilton provided for us from a text message to say your room is ready to the cleanliness of our room and the bed pillows were superb. Breakfast was more than we thought and enjoyed the buffet.Staff were friendly and helpful.

Amazing.
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Charged an extra $100 upon arrival which wasn’t on the website No free parking for guests

It was amazing the bed was huge All the staff were so amazing and efficient and you feel like a princess

Perfect place to stay for a weekend getaway in Brisbane. We had a fantastic time!
    • King Hilton Deluxe Room

No sign posting for the Queen St entrance - it would have been very helpful to have a big "Hilton" sign with arrow pointing upwards

the staff made us feel very welcomed, facilities were excellent, buffet breakfast was delicious!

Bed & dining experiences helped to make up for insufficiencies in housekeeping
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Housekeeping supplies not up to standard (eg bathroom & re-supply of been tea not done 2nd day & nil evening bed turndown done)

Beds excellent - Dining staff very helpful & attentive

We loved our stay. This hotel's location is fabulous, staff courteous, room clean,, food good.
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Like most hotels, the bed has a doona. This is always too hot for us. We would appreciate a sheet and a doona so we can throw the doona off if too warm. We also understand the hotel must mainly cater for business people. because of the room furniture. We would appreciate a couple of comfortable chairs and a small table for sitting and having a drink at the end of the day. We don't want to sit at the desk with our laptop. Other tourists and mature couples probably feel the same.

We have stayed at this hotel on many occasions. We often arrive earlier than the official check in time but they always seem able and willing to let us into our room early. This is wonderful. Also, the breakfast was great - more varied and interesting than last time.

Room and location for the theatre was great, a little dissappointed the room was so dated..
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Room was looking a little dated, towels supplied were thread bare and one had a hole in it, not what you would expect from the hilton...shower drain was blocking and water went everywhere. Water pressure was also not good.

Check in and out was quick and easy, Bed was very comfortable, bathroom clean

Cityscape stay in a spacious delightfully stylish motel close to shops and cinema.
    • Twin Hilton Deluxe Room

Missing my Sunday morning coffee.

Loved the spacious modern design and the flowing curves which could be observed from the lift as one descended from our room on level 19.

The room was suitable and bed comfortable.

Service and staff

The room was suitable and bed comfortable. Lobby pleasant and position great. Service was very poor. Delays, not personable, not helpful.

Dated hotel with over- smart staff...Big thumbs down
    • Hilton Guest Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

The staff at the reception was horrendous but not worse than the one on the phone...Last time a stayed at a Hilton. Won’t ever recommend this to anyone

The stay was relaxing and enjoyable, the staff were very friendly and nice
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Parking price per night was a bit high.

The staff were very friendly and nice. The location was excellent and was close to all shops especially to Queen St Mall.

We really enjoyed the stay, but found parking, expencive @ $116.00 for two days
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Not knowing the price of valet parking until you commit to the purchase, this should be identified in the initial extra costs

We really enjoyed the stay, we would recommend the Hilton to our friends, the bed was exceptionally comfortable, convenience of concierge was excellent. proximity to local entertainment and landmarks are good

Not much, bed and pillows ok
    • King Hilton Guest Room

No valet car parking, reception not on ground level, but you had to go into the lift to check in, then back to Car. Small rooms. Very anonymous business hotel. Croissants were hard and dry and tiny - tasted old.

Not much, bed and pillows ok

too good. Loved it.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

I didn't get a good view from my room. Well some times it happens right. But next time I am going to ask the receptionist an up grade if need to get a better view. This was my fist stay at Hilton Brisbane. My First was Hilton California USA.Also booked through Booking .com

I loved every thing about Hilton. I wish I could have spend more time in the Hotel.

Nice atmosphere, very clean and staff super kind and...
    • Hilton Guest Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

We did not have a good view of the river for NYE fireworks but very pleasant view on the city

Nice atmosphere, very clean and staff super kind and friendly. The lobby bar was very nice and food really yummy. Amazing pool and spa!!!

Perfect location and quality service
    • Hilton Guest Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

Perfectly located in the heart of the CBD with lifts down to the mall. Hilton quality service from friendly, polite and helpful staff. Decent gym, pool deck and spa.

It is comfortable. But the facilities are too old, need updates.
    • King Hilton Guest Room

One staff is not very professional. She knocked the door and after one second, she just came in. she said she thought we were left. She thought. She did service using her imagination? It is unbelievable.

The bed is really comfortable. Location is the best, very connivence to shops.

Ticks all of the boxes for a weekend away of luxury and good service.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Room service food not ideal and always pricey but that is hotels everywhere.

A glimpse of the river. Staff allowed us a late checkout as our food hasn't arrived by the pool in time. Glass lift was a highlight . Very high standard of guest service in all areas. Close to Queen st mall.

Fantastic
    • Hilton Guest Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

Service at checkin and at Bar. great customer service from Andrew at the bar. Complimentary wine was delivered to my room as it was my birthday

Location Waa great.

• King Hilton Guest Room

From the the time we got to the hotel till we left was unbelievable. We were close to everything, shopping, boat taxi, busses and tours. The staff was great they answered all questions they were great. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Location is great
    • King Hilton Guest Room

The bed really wasn’t very comfortable and the pillows were not comfortable at all. Found out the next morning in the book that there was a pillow menu offered. Could not see the pillow menu anywhere.

Location is great

Will be back. Love the service received at Hilton
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Room was a bit out dated, didn't have the 'WOW' factor that we expected at Hilton.

Staff were amazing! A clear standard above the rest of the 5 star places in Brisbane. Staff were ready and always available to attend to any request and communication is made very efficient via text message. Room was a bit outdated but the bed was amazing. Will be back.

It was a very enjoyable short overnight stay and the staff were very courteous. We will be back.
    • King Hilton Guest Room

I could have been asked if I want coffee right away or if everything is all good as I needed some cutlery.

Easy access to the shopping areas, very nice room view and the bathroom was clean.

Food is fabulous, room and bed is comfortable and it a great location for shopping
    • King Hilton Guest Room

1. Your on line booking is extremely hard and I almost gave up. Your hotel cannot be contacted direct which is terrible. 2, We went down to breakfast at 8.30 am and I had left my rings in the room, I immediately went to go up in the lift and my cards would not work, someone else in the lift had to use their card and therefore I made it to the Executive floor and could not get into my room. I had to come all the way back down and to go Reception to reinstall the code....not good... 3. I had to chase the staff at the breakfast seating to bring some tea for us ...they were very disorganised....

The reception staff were very good...due to the online booking we booked a room with one king bed and we needed two double beds as I was with my daughter and grandson who is 10 years old.. the lady at Reception was very good and found us one room which did the job on the Executive floor.

Despite the negatives it was still a good overall experience,
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Boring looking restaurant, didn't bother, poor service on hooking up to a problematic wifi, slow book in process at 3.00pm, couldn't extend beyond an hour, can understand but many more hotels are more obliging.

Good bed, good car service back to airport, friendly staff

Great experience from a great hotel
    • King Hilton Guest Room

There was nothing I did not like.

I love staying at a Hilton hotel. Their make it right policy is so well implemented across all levels of the staffing so you never feel that you can't ask for something or have something changed. This hotel was no different and it had a few extra services that I did not expect like being met at the hotel entrance by a valet. Great location and really nice rooms.

Overpriced for bad room
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

couch not on the right place to watch too small tv . I dislike showers over bathtub, and water pressure was terrible. It smelt musty when I arrived

Bed comfy,

will definitely return, but for the cost of the room, i would expect attention to the small details.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

there was a dead bird on the window ledge outside the room the full length mirror in the suite was in the most ridiculous place possible... whoever determined that it was a good position has never actually looked at a full length view of themselves. would have been very handy to have some crockery and cutlery available without having to wait for room service so i could cut the afternoon tea my niece brought up...

bed was extra comfy, slept like a log... sheets were magnificent...

Great staff great hotel crap mini bar accounting but all in all we love the hilton
    • King Hilton Suite

The water pressure in our suite to half fill the beautifull bathtub it took around 15 mins

The staff were absolutely excellent and a credit to their brand bravo

I will definitely return to this hotel
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Because of the open lobby architecture sometimes the sound from the bar and lounge was heard at the rooms until late (I was in the 10th floor!)

Location was perfect, walking distance to shopping, restaurants, public transportation

I felt completely looked after by the Hilton and look forward to my next stay.
    • Hilton Guest Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

Need to add a separate dedicated WiFi connection for the lounge/lobby that doesn’t conflict with your room connection.

Extremely friendly and professional staff. Very clean, modern, comfortable hotel right in the middle of the best part of Brisbane city.

OK, bed was comfy, room and food average compared to others we've stayed at.
    • Twin Hilton Executive Room with Access to Executive Lounge

Food was average, seafood for 2 overcooked and no prawns thought that was odd given we live in Qld.

Great location, step out of the lift onto Queen st Mall.

We will stay here again!
    • Hilton Guest Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

A yelling spoiled little boy whose mother never stopped him from yelling, in the restaurant and later in the lobby 😡

Staff were exceptional. Breakfast outstanding! Smoothies plus vegetable juicer!

We will stay here again!
    • Hilton Guest Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

Staff were exceptional. Breakfast outstanding! Smoothies plus vegetable juicer!

Great breakfast!
    • King Hilton Guest Room

The hotel's vallet parking is super expensive (58 AUD per day) The breakfast price does not include espresso coffee

Great breakfast! Lots of variety The location of the hotel is excellent, it has an exit just to the main street

Wonderful.
    • Twin Hilton Guest Room

Pizza was a little undercooked by our standards. They were happy to address this and I was not charged for it. What more could they do than give us a free meal. Nothingelse to not like.

Location. Very handy to shopping in central and also to the waterfront. I felt that we got value for money as the quality could not be better when compared with the location.

A comfortable stay!
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Hotel slippers were not provided unless requested.

The location of the hotel is perfect from my working place and easily accessible, well connected to the malls.

Met my expectations
    • Hilton Guest Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

This is not a negative but please consider placing soft pillows in the robe for those like me who prefer them

Location Price and easy accessibility and the beds are SO comfortable. Wish I could have stayed longer but I'll be back!

Excellent stay in the city.
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Parking too expensive if using Hilton hotel parking.

Excellent location, friendly staff. Breakfast overpriced. Parking expensive. Use a website called secure a spot instead.

Best central location!
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Great view. Clean spacious room. Comfy bed. Extremely helpful and prompt staff. Couldn't get any closer to shops and CBD. Awesome location and great to be able to walk everywhere including shops, gardens and river precinct.

good location but i wouldn't stay here again
    • Twin Hilton Deluxe Room

for the price you pay vs the amenities you receive it doesn't appear to meet the expectations of a 5 star brand. Also had issues at check in where we were offered an upgrade to executive room only to be told that it wasn't ready - also tried calling reception 10 different times to change the bed arrangement in the room and no one picked up - got lucky on the 11th try.

the location

Loved the luxury of our stay - will cherish forever . All staff appeared very genuine and obliging.
    • King Hilton Deluxe Room

Nothing . Was intending to dine at Hotel but some reviews put us off in regard of having to wait quite a while for food etc.

Extremely comfortable bed, great staff , lovely ambience, citrus water available in 6th floor foyer!!! and overall comfort / welcome of Hotel .

Liked it would stay again.
    • King Hilton Guest Room

Car parking fee quite expensive.

Liked location, I had left my toothbrush behind and happily was given another one. It was our 39th wedding anniversary and we were given a free bottle of wine which was much appreciated.

In general, I'm a bit disappointed.
    • King Hilton Guest Room

they didn't have phone charger. not all rooms have docks. I had to leave my phone at the reception to charge. No slippers or robe were in the room.

Browse Hilton Brisbane traveller photo gallery