Reviews of ibis Perth 3.5 stars

334 Murray Street, Perth CBD, 6000 Perth, Australia

#47 of 107 hotels in Perth

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I had a door in my room which connected with the adjacent room. It was not soundproof and I could hear my neighbours’ conversation. Hotels should do away with this system.

Great location. Area is really coming of age, with small heritage buildings being spruced up. Easy walk to the airport bus stop. Breakfast was good.

Better shower pressure Attention to noises and acoustics in rooms decore

I thought the staff were great room was very clean and comfortable Sadly the shower didn't work very well poor pressure When they offered me another room it backed on to the lifts and the room was filled with a loud humming buzzing noise which I could not have stayed in.Also I thought the carpet in the foyers was faded and lack lustre I feel this property really needs to be updated and needs a makeover to bring it up to scratch in comparisons to other hotels and for the prices it is charging

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed was wobbling, wet floors in room was smelly, didnt validate parking yet charged me Never got my $50 deposit back Overall disappointed in my stay

There was some mould under the lip of the bath basin.

Best bed I've slept in. Loved the shower head. Breakfast had plenty of variety. Staff throughout were friendly, helpful & efficient.

I could hear conversations from another guest in adjacent connecting room. There is a need to improve on the sound-proofing...

Great location, comfortable & clean.

• Standard Twin Room

Requested both rooms next to each other but given ones at far/opposite ends, but glad at least on the same floor.

Excellent location, rooms clean and comfortable and laundry room an added bonus

• Standard Triple Room

The parking at Wilson st car park is very unsuitable for larger cars, awful getting in and out.

The location is fantastic, room was clean and comfortable

If only theres a heater for colder weather would be a plus point...other then that all i good!

Everything. Reception staffs were excellent. Thank you room service guy for always helping me throw the rubbish i placed outside my door.

The one temperature suits all didn't work - the only air was air conditioning. At night it was cold & there was no heat cycle.

There is a daily limit.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Would of liked a mini bar or at least some cold water/drinks in fridge. Needed extra towels which were happily provided on request

Liked that the buffet breakfast was included and there was a bar/restaurant attached to the hotel for ease of grabbing a quick dinner before heading out.

Having a room above the laneway below, traffic in & out of the roller door & car park before 7am and the fight going on in the laneway at 2.30am in the morning of night one ...

Location and value ...

• Standard Twin Room

Strong smell of urine at entrance could have been dealt with with some disinfectant, not a good impression as you walk in to hotel, and overall the hotel did not deserve the bad rap.

Very comfortable

• Standard Double or Twin Room

overpriced and underwhelming breakfast and room. Neither was cheap and neither was value for money

a $19 continental breakfast with instant coffee???? very disappointing. Room was very small and we had to keep getting out of the way so the other person could move

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was the smallest I've ever had there and located right next to the elevator, had to turn sideways to walk between the dresser and the end of the bed

The Restaurant supplies really nice food. Value for money

Small room , thought it was expensive for the size . Parking arrangements

Chose this hotel for location to a wedding reception we were attending . Needs bigger space at the front to be able to drop case off before parking, alway full , drove round twice no space, and had to park car up .staff very friendly and helpful. Room clean and well equipped but very small , shower leaked from under door ( reported to staff)

Smallest room I have ever seen!!!! My hand hit the roof when getting undressed for a shower and we could touch all four walls from the tiny little double bed. I had to talk myself out of feeling claustrophobic.

room smelt like a can of air freshener had been sprayed prior to our arrival. Very overpowering and hard to get rid of smell.

great location close to CBD and train station. Room small but soundproof and loved the block out curtains.

• Standard Twin Room

Another couple of coffee pods would have been nice, but I am sure if I had asked they would have delivered.

The beds were very comfy and room was clean and the location was excellent.

• Superior Queen Room with City View

Parking was an expensive extra on top of room price. Should have been free or in the price of the room or at least mentioned in the booking information.

Close to the city centre

The only thing I could fault was the shower. It is a little on the small side and unfortunately the glass door opens inwards. You need to be skinny to get in and out of the shower comfortably.

The bed was very comfy and the guest has control of the air conditioner.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There wasn’t anything that I could fault

The location was excellent and easy access to everything.The staff were extremely helpful and always very friendly and curtious.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not all the lifts were working

Car park was connected and reasonably priced and you could pay for it when you checkout. Within walking distance to the City Mall and the Perth Arena. Value for money.

I had a problem with the shower. it was hard to see which was the hot tap and which was the cold tap. The "H" and "C" is engraved into the face but not easily seen. Also the shower water escapes and goes all over the bathroom floor. Tiny problems but can have bigger implications.

room was comfy and clean, Staff were happy and interactive. hotel close to major shopping. close to Perth Arena, Perth Bus Station and Perth Railway Station. Restaurant had a lovely breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

no microwave the shower leaked the bed was on rollers so i woke one night with the bed middle of room noisy you can hear next door rooms and out side for 180 a night should be 80 a night you have passed it not me 5.4

Location is great, right in the CBD. The staff are always friendly and welcoming. I barely get to sleep in much so the bed was very comfortable and the curtains are good when blocking out the sunlight.

• King Room with City View

A real bonus and great to have Laundry Facilities for Guests to use but the Washing machines need a good scrub and the rooms used on all levels need a really good spring clean.

Very clean bathroom and a comfy bed. We will be back. Location in Perth is excellent with good food outlets and selections nearby.

• Standard Twin Room

The staff were a bit clueless - didn't offer me any parking until I asked about it as I travelled up in my car and then when they offered the parking they said it would be free but when I checked out they charged me $20 (to be expected.) Parking facilities wasn't amazing either (tricky to get in and out of.) The facilities was pretty average and the hotel itself seemed a bit run down and out of date. It wasn't dirty but just not exactly clean. I'd have no issues with the hotel just needs to be a bit less expensive in my opinion for what you're getting. Location was the only great thing about the hotel.

The location of the hotel was amazing! Stayed here for a concert that was at Perth Arena & it was about a 5ish minute walk. Right in the CBD which was awesome. So location was great but just a bit too pricey for what your actually getting.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Booking.com said I had upgraded to 2 doubles but Ibis said they didn’t do rooms with 2 doubles and suggested contact booking.com. Misinformed by booking.com

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room overlooked the air-conditioning unit for the hotel and other roof tops.

The staff were welcoming and answered our questions with ease and knowledge of Perth city. The restaurant staff were most accommodating, catering well for dietary needs.

• Standard Twin Room

We could hear the person next door having a shower, so it was noisy with the water running. However, other than that no real noise.

Bed was comfortable and cleaning was done well everyday. I liked the fact that you could adjust your own airconditioning. The location of this hotel is excellent. You can walk to Murray Street and Hay Street Mall in a matter of minutes. Plus Margaret River Chocolate Shops is right opposite.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Mounted tv. Firmer pillows. Bigger bathroom. Leaky shower.

Easy check in and out. Very friendly staff. Comfortable and great location. All you can ask for in a hotel. Would definitely stay again!

• Standard Twin Room

I was disappointed when the room I booked wasn't available on check-in and the attendant insisted I hadn't booked that room. The room I had requested also wasn't available. However another attendant was able to remedy the problem when I showed them my booking.com reservation.

Good Wi-fi. Excellent location. Good clean facilities. Most staff extremely helpful.

Location was excellent Perth underground station 2 mins along the road for getting about and Elizabeth Quay bus station 5-10 mins walk for shuttle bus to from the airport and in the middle of just all you need.

The very warm friendly greeting on arrival after an arduous flight out and much delayed arrival. Called ahead in inform them of my late arrival and no problem. Hotel was nice Ibis standard as you would expect. Made a great choice

Dining facilities,, size of room and noise on the weekend - generated by two legged wildlife visiting near by watering holes!

Friendly staff, good value and good location

• Superior Queen Room with City View

Breakfast servicein the restaurant closed too early

Local restaurants/cafes very poor, Ibis restaurant was excellent Beef & Guinness pie very filling. Happy hour with free nibbles was a good idea. Easy access for printing boarding passes was a bonus. Local to Free CAT bus services.

Very small room, & only a double bed which took up most of the available space. No onsite parking, & overnight offsite parking cost $30. Noisy aircon. WiFi was difficult to connect to & not particularly strong.

Great central location, especially if attending an event at Perth Arena. Reception staff were friendly & helpful.

The car park was really low, so if you have a 4wd that is a little higher than stock, i wouldnt be taking it

Great location, easy to find, wondefuly priced

• Standard Twin Room

Not earning points on my Le Club Card because I booked with Booking.com. Aircon settings limited to "Low", "Medium", "High" and "OFF" so it tended to be either too cold or too warm: no ideal temp.

The location was excellent and it had all the facilities I required i.e. WiFi and Laundry. I was able to print and scan some documents without any issue. There were Pubs, Clubs and Restaurants all around which gave it a festive atmosphere.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Beds on castors that kept moving around the floor. Bathroom door locked when we closed it from the outside. Luckily I was able to open it.

Great value for money. Room was clean & very quiet.

• Standard Twin Room

We had an interconnecting room and so could hear the adults in the next room really quite easily...next time I book I will request not to have a room which has this facility in it. We were a the back of the hotel and it was really, really quiet otherwise.

Great location and a bonus that $20 was a flat rate parking fee which in the middle of Perth CBD was just great.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Cannot think of anything! This Ibis suited us perfectly. (There was no option for a bath instead of shower, which would have been an issue if we had neede to stay longer)

The location was ideal. All staff extra helpful.

The night service staff when we arrived 28/2 was not hospitable and couldn't care less attitude was unbearable (dark, Indian guy). We arrived ahead of time of our supposed checked-in. And instead of offering us, in the middle of the night, a warm up area to rest our feet at the lobby, we were told to check-in elsewhere, or somewhere else to spend the hours waiting (12am+ to 2pm?). As we had nowhere to go and it was cold, we had no choice but to return to the hotel and requested the staff to allow us to wait in cold at the lobby. No blankets were offered or any warm water. We had to ask from the staff for water, and we were given 2 bottles of cold water from the fridge. Also, while we were waiting through the night, there were plenty of guest checked-out. And no room offered to us. Are there no housekeepers on duty in the evenings? What if I throws-up in my room after drunk and needed someone to clean my room? I was aware and ready to pay the extra 60AUD for early checked-in. But there was no room ready because no housekeepers? I think as a hotel, and a second home to a traveler from afar, making your guests feel at home should be your top priority, at least let us know you care about your guests safety or well being since we flew thousands of miles to get to Perth from Singapore. I know it's not standard SOP to offer your early arrival guests to wait at the lobby, but you need to consider, the hours we arrived was midnight, and your streets in Perth is not very safe to stay out in the middle of the night. We are (Chinese) ladies and plus, I have my sister who was actually not feeling too well, and that evening when we arrived was cold. Our holiday mood was already dampened when we arrived at your hotel. Then, the shower area in your toilets was leaking water out to the dry toilet area. Although we were offered a room change, it was still the same. We were disturbed by some teenager hotel guests on our last night stay 5/3.

Central, easy access to bus stops and train stations

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I got a room with little view on the 2nd floor but honestly wasn't paying for any.

Excellent location near the main shopping streets, cafes, fast food and public transport. Staff were very helpful and friendly (they also help in holding a parcel delivery for me which arrived before I did).Rooms were value for money - clean and super comfortable beds. Everything was tip top!

Toilet at one of our rooms was stinky. Most receptionists were okay but one female chinese receptionist was 'plastic' & not genuine in greeting & responding to queries, appeared inpatient & no eye contact.Tried to call reception to enquire something but there was nobody to pick up the phone until calling a few times

Strategic location to shopping area and accesibility to public transport. One male receptionist allowed us to get into our room half an hour earlier than normal check-in time since we came quite early in the morning but the downside, we got our second room 20 minutes later than the check-in time after i called to enquire if the room was ready

to much construction sites near by. But you don't hear anything in the room. 2storey refridgerator makes lot of noise so you can hear that in the room.

Location, short ways to all you want to see in the city and it's Suburbs. Friendly staff. Moving in the 4th Floor wasn't a problem. Fantastic Breakfast.

• Standard Triple Room

The overnight discount at Wilson’s car park was not explained during check in or on any of the websites I came across so, I parked at the wrong place and only found out by reading a brochure in my room by that point it was too late to do anything about it. The buffet breakfast was not what it seemed like in the photos and the food was average. It’s a waste to pay extra for it. I would just go to a cafe, there are plenty around.

Staff were friendly. The location is very good! Close to shopping, food and site-seeing locations.

The Restaurant was great for breakfast but only okay for dinner. Cold and meat was very tough.

The Bed was great but what I really appreciated was the lack on noise at night. We were on the 1st floor facing the street at the front and I was so happy the noise was almost totally absent.

Accommodation was very comfortable and the proximity to where I needed to be was perfect. I didn't get to try the coffee or meals however the aroma from the restaurant when I walked past was inviting.

Exceptional levels of customer service from all staff particularly Shaun and Katy on reception who are friendly, efficient and knowledgable in all aspects of customer service. Thank you!!!

I was charged full $170 for a room that should have had a single bed in it. There was no room for 2 people to move around at the same time. You could not even pull the chair out from the desk to sit down as it hit the bed. These rooms should be at a discounted price and people advised they have a small room.

The check in staff were great

• Standard Triple Room

I've never stayed in a hotel where the staff have been as friendly and accommodating. We arrived at a time where there was UFC on and the hotel was fully booked. We had got a room smaller than we'd expected and when the hotel cleared out we saw an empty room larger than ours. We thought we'd be a bit cheeky and asked the lady on the reception desk if we could swap rooms and she made this happen for us immediately. That completely made our stay for us at the Ibis Perth. To top it off though, we had made a booking with a glass bottom boat tour around Rottnest Island which we unfortunately couldn't get on due to the lack of information and extremely poor communication on the touring companies side. The kind staff at the Ibis also tried communicating with this company for us and were also treated quite rudely. The staff at Ibis ended up giving us a voucher to eat/drink at their Rubix Cafe because of all the problems we'd gone through. We could not believe it. The problems with the touring company was not becasue of the Ibis at all but we are very impressed with how far they will go to make sure their customers have a great stay. I wish I took the staff members names as they truly were amazing. We will most definitely consider staying at the Ibis Perth if there comes a time to visit Perth again. Apart from the amazing staff the location of the hotel is superb. There is everything you need within walking distance. Great Shopping, Bars and Restaurants, Public Transport and the river. It couldn't be in a better location.

Dislike only having powdered creamer available as option for milk & coffee, would have preferred UHT milk in the fridge.

Bed & pillows were very comfortable, bathroom extremely clean. The bar and restaurant as part of this hotel are excellent, with good menu, choice & prices.

Service, facilities, no room services met with what was on menu, shower needed to be tad bigger suitable for skinny people, reception staff not friendly,

No car parking facilities I was told they would charge me 20.00 but charged my card 50,00

The bed was too small/short so I had to sleep corner to corner....lucky I was on my own. It was also on wheels and kept moving away from the wall and the pillow kept falling on the floor. Shower head was in the corner and the soap dish was mounted underneath which is in a really bad spot.....I bashed my elbow on it 3 or 4 times.

Staff were very friendly and the food in the Rubix bar was delicious. Room service was reasonably priced and very quick service. PERFECT location for Perth Arena, shopping malls, pubs, restaurants, fast food and pretty much anything else you want!!

Understanding of the staff.

We encountered a major water leakage from the roof of the room at 2 AM, till 4 AM waited for it to stop but then had to request for the change of the room. Didn’t sleep for the night and when requested for the extension, we were given only 45 min extra.

• Standard Twin Room

I prefer doona covers to sheets as I move much while sleeping which takes off the sheets and leaves me with an uncovered doona.

Very comfortable beds, bedspreads and pillows! Very clean, very close to the city mall and Perth trains. I stay there every time I visit Perth.

Took me a while to work out how to use the swipe card in the lift, but everyone was having trouble so it might need fixing

Great selection at the buffet breakfast, comfy bed and quiet room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Shower area just got a little wet. Also I’m a smoker it would have been nice to maybe have a special area to have a smoke but understandable 😀

The lady at reception when we came in was ever so helpful

Outdated facility. strange layout of the room. poor sound insulation. Extremely small shower cubicle, make people very uncomfortable.

Location .Cleanliness. Service attitude.

• Standard Twin Room

The rooms so thin you could hear other people in next room and in corridor Teenagers running around after midnight down the corridors

Breakfast very nice

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the outside noise was terrible and kept me awake for several hours and unless double glazed windows are installed to reduce outside noise, I doubt i would ever stay there again

Friendly check in service

The bathroom door and shower door colide when both open

I loved that the aircon was extra cold even on a low that prevented us from using it. The study desk was great and staff helpful and friendly

The clock radio alarm went off in the middle of the night and then again early in the morning. This should have been disabled by room service staff. The hotel staff did acknowledge and compensate with a free breakfast.

The hotel stay was overall good value for money.

• Superior Queen Room with City View

The staff at front office are friendly and easy to do the check in. Room space are convenience, easy to move around. Great location, and able to walk to many different tourist atrraction and CBD area.

The noise from the air con units kept us awake most of the night...... Reception didnt offer us anything in the of compensation..

The location of the hotel.

Great location for transport - 2 mins away from Perth underground and 5 from the train station. Close to plenty of excellent places to eat and a variety of places to eat (Shafto lane). Right next to the red cat bus stop. 2 mins away from the shops

Clean, comfortable room, bed. Well-controlled room temperature. Clean toilets. Excellent location - within walking distance to malls, public transport. In-house restaurant offering decent dinner for travelers who checked in late and couldn't find food after 7pm in the city. Laundry room is available. Helpful, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Constant hum in the building which was quite annoying and incompetent hotel manager who was very unhelpful. Rooms are bit dated.

The Hotel location is perfect as it close to many restaurants and amenities.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very disappointed with evening meal... ordered Chicken and Leek pie and was served up Herbert Adams pie which can be purchased at Supermarket 2 for $5 and was charged $23 😔😕

Location excellent and pricing great value.. close to the City Centre and Perth Arena

We had a very abrupt waitress in the restaurant. The shower head was too high and couldn't be moved lower and water pressure was not great. Room was very small compared to what the website showed.

Most of the staff were very friendly and easy to approach.

That we had to leave😂

Flight home wasn't until 2 o'clock. The receptionist gave us a late check out of 12 o'clock. This was greatly appreciated

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very noisy lifts and snack machines meant we had to change rooms, however this was handled extremely well by the staff.

City centre location made this a very good base.

Nothing to eat after 11pm when we arrived. The room was quite dirty and the toilet so small that it was difficult to move inside it.

Breakfast was good with plenty of options.

wifi was not very good in my room, making it difficult for business trip. Much better internet in the lobby.

Comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, staff very friendly and helpful.

Internet service could have been better. Not enough data and typical prices for higher end hotel,

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Taxis rank nearby. Short walk to train and shops.

Browse ibis Perth traveller photo gallery