Reviews of ibis Styles Kalgoorlie 4 stars

45 Egan Street, 6430 Kalgoorlie, Australia

#3 of 14 hotels in Kalgoorlie

The hotel was very clean ,but as I’ve written dissapointed with the bed ,buffet breakfast
    • Superior Queen Room

Dissapointed with the bed it sags a lot tv the screen is small doesn’t show any scores footy or any promts ,buffet breakfast we got their 8.40 Sunday it missed poach eggs bake beans ,mushrooms,potato cakes cook look but didn’t replenish,no brown bread ,then decided to start clearing away at 9.20 not good and to top it all no coffee in the urn

It was central fairly comfortable the food not bad and not to exspensive

Location was central and off street parking was great.
    • Standard Queen Room

Check was slow and the staff member grumpy. A smile would have been nice, didn't really feel like a valued customer.

Location was central and off street parking was great. Room was large and price excellent.

Lovely fresh and bright decor blew us away!
    • Standard Queen Room

The exterior of the building needs a facelift!

This hotel was absolutely lovely! The exterior of the building does not match the inside so don't be put off by it. The recent renovations and large room size blew us away and we couldn't believe the decor and comfort within the rooms. Everything had been thought of and the bright, colourful and fresh decor was a hit with us! Lovely dining/breakfast bar area also.

Good location and clean. Pity I had to rush breakfast.
    • Standard Queen Room

They have a lot of mine workers stay there and therefore their breakfast starts at 5.30 am. That's ok for them but it closed at 9.am. I believe that is too early for tourists. When we were there they stared to clear away at 8.50am

We were not there long but we slept well and had an excellent cooked breakfast.
    • Superior Queen Room

We thought the staff in the office need training with a few pleasantries, both the man and woman need to realise being friendly is part of the job. Particularly when you have travelled a long way to check in it’s important that staff are happy to see you.

The buffet type breakfast was excellent. Air con was very good. Our room was everything we expected, no problems.

Was unpleasant simply because of the initial booking in process and the unfriendly reception staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

Reception staff were very unfriendly and disengaged with their job. Very unprofessional and because of this I will never use this facility again, nor would I recommend it to anyone of my friends or work collegues.

Convenience of location.

Room was nice and location central
    • Superior Queen Room

Breakfast was very average and I wouldnt have it again as it’s a waste of money , staff were average also ..other than a very friendly lady I think she was from New Zealand she was awesome and helpful

Room was nice and location central

Very pleasant
    • Standard Queen Room

The restaurant food was not up to scratch the garlic prawns lovey I order a shank with vegies the veg was frozen the shank no flavour also Deb mash and to top it off microwaved the gravy was stuck to the plate the lady fixed it up bill wise but that’s not the point

All over very nice staff and helpful

Overpriced hotel with middling customer service.
    • Superior Queen Room

The staff were average, particularly the Assistant Manager, who really needs to take a course in welcoming guests. Another two staff members were lovely.

The room was modern, location good.

Good location.
    • Standard Queen Room

Locals fighting - one in the lobby at night covered in blood. Security of the hotel is lacking. I think you should have to swipe up to the floors given the violence/theft in Kal. Bed was very hard.

Good location.

yeah
    • Standard Queen Room

bed is poor hurt my back & pillows aint good hurt my neck. no wifi connection & t.v. had no movie channels

awesome staff & food pool is beautiful

Very enjoyable
    • Superior Queen Room

Would have liked restaurant open for lunch or from about 3 o'clock to meet up with family for a drink .

The bed and pillows were great and the room made it for a very comfortable stay.

Lovely hotel, excellent room and walkable to town
    • Standard Queen Room

We had asked for a quiet room and were out next to the lift - please read the requests of your guests - is it really with being a genius member when no requests seem to be adhered to?

The bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious. All mod cons available and staff were very helpful.

The room was fit for purpose but the breakfast overpriced.
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast was poor fo $22. The coffee was not nice and the selection was limited. I did not have breakfast the second day. Th range of options for the extra $15 for hot breakfast did not make it worth the cost. I was not provided details about the Wifi until I asked in the evening. I would expect this information at checkin.

The room was modern and clean. Dinner was nice

i didnt like having to pay for internet access, and the...
    • Standard Queen Room

i didnt like having to pay for internet access, and the method of becoming a member of the Ibis club is such a hassle, never had to pay for access before

Decent but unremarkable hotel
    • Standard Queen Room

No furniture on the room balconies. Bed was okay, not terrible not not great. Many of the facilities are only open for very small specific time windows, for example one morning I went downstairs at 8:50am and was told breakfast had already closed. Later that afternoon I returned to the hotel at 5:00pm and was told the bar was not open yet.

Good location, reasonably priced, friendly staff.

Will stay again if price is right
    • Standard Queen Room

Price paid threw booking changed after extending my stay. Not by 50 $ but 150 ontop for night originally paid. Mining stuff stays at the hotell and its cheaper to stay over weekend than on weekdays.. warm breakfast that is not included is charged 15$ and its below avarage and staid same every day.

Location, new clean rooms, good for business traveller Bar person being friendly and offered me class of red wine with no charge!!

Really enjoyed our last minute trip to Kalgoorlie and so happy with stayed here!
    • Standard Queen Room

The bathroom could have been a little cleaner.

The lady at reception was lovely. We arrived late at night after a very long drive and were met with a bright smile and a laugh. Professional and fun! Also the bed was so comfortable and both my partner and I are fussy with mattresses. Will definitely be back.

Ibis experience
    • Superior Queen Room

Included breakfast wasn't included, only cereal, had to pay extra, bed was shocking and we have been served out of the date, by nearly year, beer in the bar twice. Pool area is shocking. Surrounding areas old and run down. Looks like a old communist complex except the ones in communism works. Staff was shocking, walking around like no care given and when I can go home.

Not much

Great location & room was modern & clean
    • Superior Queen Room

Stairwell had to be used due to power outage & there was no emergency lighting. Limited flaslights were eventually added

Great location & room was modern & clean

Awesome time

Weather

We had power outage. Staff were apologetic ( it was not their fault) my daughter an I spent the evening by candle lite with staff an other guests in the bar. It was a lovely evening. We were supplied sandwiches. We will defiantly stay there again

Enjoyable Stay
    • Standard Queen Room

It's a non smoking hotel even though the rooms have balconies. For those of us that like to indulge in a post meal ciggie, the walk back down to reception a bit of a pain- though I could just give up!!!

The property is quite new and smallish but I found the room to be large and modern. The bed was only a double, fine for a single traveller but there was a seperate couch area for watching the TV which I enjoy- I hate watching TV from the bed. The bathroom was small but clean and the shower head was great! Continental breakfast included and you could add a cooked breakfast for only $10.00. The staff at reception and in the restaurant were attentive and efficient. My meal was good, country pub food!

Very modern and comfortable. Enjoyed my night here.
    • Standard Queen Room

I arrived earlier than my check-in and reception was so nice and helpful and allowed me to go in early. The room was so clean and modern. I especially loved how nice the bathroom was.

Wouldn't stay there again, there are other options just as suitable in Kalgoorlie.
    • Superior Queen Room

I didn't find the male night staff member who booked us in very helpful. He didn't provide us with any information ie room number, had to ask and then was shown it was on the card I'd been given, however after a big drive up from Perth and arrival very late at night he could have been more helpful. Maybe offered us a trolley for our luggage and or even provided some assistance by holding a door open to get the darn thing outside. Another female employee came along a little later and she was more helpful opening a rear door for us and wheeling to trolley outside, but then we were on our own. I bring the trolley back down in the lift when finished and was told then "oh you didn't need to bring it back down!" I was to know this how?? I assumed you put things back where you found then for the next person... Communication people, it was annoying that this information wasn't conveyed in the first instance. There was no conditioner in the room but 4 shampoos, there was no wine glasses, not even a saucer to put your spoon on, the freezer doesn't freeze so our ice bricks for the Eski were not frozen for the trip back to Perth. Also no smoking on the balcony was annoying for my partner who is a smoker.

The room presented nicely and the bed was comfortable. The place is well located and reasonably priced.

Nice good value
    • Standard Queen Room

Maybe just a couple outdoor chairs and a small table on the balcony instead of dragging the indoor ones outside

Nice hotel central to everything at the price it was comfy

• Standard Queen Room

We thought the entire breakfast came with our package,but we had to pay for the Hot food's $15 extra.i guess it was a false advertising. We wanted to have a swim but the pool was closed, wish they can note about the pool not working when booking so we know. House keepers didn't Knock before entering our room.

Will stay again. Staff more than helpful.
    • Standard Queen Room

Pillow protection needed washing. Very stained. The wall under the desk had drink spill marks. Had not been cleaned in awhile. OverallI was happy with the room

Excellent location and very quiet. On site wahing machine and dryer is a big bouns

I loved our stay at Ibis in Kalgoorlie.
    • Standard Queen Room

I loved our stay at Ibis in Kalgoorlie. The room was great - colourful, cheerful - comfortable bed and pillows. I like the fact that most of the room was not carpet flooring, as I believe carpet to be generally grimy and dirty (not just in a hotel room). The shower had a great shower head, was tucked away in the bathroom and not over a bath and had a glass screen. All plus's for me. Also, it was tiled to the ceiling - finally a hotel bathroom tiled to the ceiling, so none of that mouldy and bubbling paint work. There was also plenty of hanging space for towels and face washers etc. We had the continental breakfast which was plentiful. Will definitely recommend this hotel...

overall quite expensive for what you get.
    • Standard Queen Room

The food wasn't good. Had the duck for dinner, apart from the fact that it was tough & not well cooked , I had a piece that was unrecognisable. Think it may have been part of the carcass! Continental breakfast was just standard.

The room was clean & comfortable. The staff were nice & room service was very quick (but I wasn't impressed with the meal).

Very nice and staff very cooperative.
    • Standard Queen Room

My wife expressed concern that the shower is for tall people only (not adjustable) as she is 1600 mm.

Very comfortable and very clean. Close to all amenities that we required.

Poor. Have stayed there before but would be reluctant to stay there again.
    • Standard Queen Room

Shower floor was very dirty. Breakfast was cold including the ern for making tea. U cant make tea with cold water and it would help to have some good english speaking people , so at least they can understand you. Reception staff very helpful.

location and bed perfect, avoid dining and eat at 1 of their local competitors for value and quality
    • Standard Queen Room

The food in your restaurant is appalling. I dined in the restaurant Sunday evening, over priced menu with the quality missed. Sent my steak back twice, children portion of raw veggies and then was told the chef does not know how to cook properly. Breakfast the next day equally as rubbish, presume it was the manager walking around in jeans and his shirt hanging out clearing tables. The food quality in your venue needs serious attention at the prices you charge, you cannot justify.

The service provided from the male waiter/barman is a credit to your hotel. Friendly, courteous although is clearly understaffed having to serve in the restaurant/bar and deliver room service all by himself. Whom ever does his roster should help or have a go themselves.

I will target something slightly cheaper next time and pay closer attention to the ratings.
    • Standard Queen Room

It is m preference to eat-in, but I ate out due to price of evening meals. I was offered free internet provided I became a member of something (unimpressed). Internet was not easy. Television not straightforward to use - needed to be tuned in every night

Accommodation was quite comfortable and quite adequate, a little more than what I needed

Location to main street.
    • Superior Queen Room

We paid for a continental breakfast and It was the same every day. Not worth the money spent. The food in general was not very good including dinner.

Location to main street.

Relaxing comfortable.

Nothing not to like.

Breakfast was good. Food also at night was good but too much. The lady who cleaned our room & reception were gems when we had slight problem they sorted it in no time.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Comfort after camping
    • Standard Queen Room

Little tourist info available. Limited washing machines, only 1, which was full of someone else's stuff which was left for hours

Great Value with Booking.com price with breakfast included ,a bonus😊

Convenient & tidy, but could do with a re-look at itself to look after the little things that matter
    • Superior Queen Room

The aircon kicking in woke me up every time, ended up turning the unit off. Breakfast was disappointing even with the expensive upgrade.

It was a great location, close to all amenities and very convenient. Clean rooms and clean building overall.

Super Stay visit to the Super Pit
    • Superior Queen Room

I can't fault the service throughout our stay.

Room was clean and comfortable. We were upgraded to a full breakfast each day of our stay there! Our room was fully serviced every day (3 days). Concierge and restaurant staff very friendly and helpful.

Very Comfortable stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Comfy bed , wifi worked very well , extra lounge and table area , clean bathroom , 2 complimentary bottles of water. Reception staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Fantastic location - top rate staff.
    • Standard Queen Room

Could've had free water each day. Mirror not in front of the basin? Nonslip bathroom tiles (great!) need a higher upkeep to maintain cleanliness. Spout on basin barely long enough. Tiny TV.

Excellent new furnishings throughout room. 95% smartly designed. And some quirky art deco fixtures randomly throughout the hotel. Every hotel staff we encountered was smiling, nice and helpful

Very pleasant experience..
    • Standard Queen Room

The flyscreen door needed attention.. would have been nice to have a table & chair on the balcony!

Location to the centre was great.. very enjoyable stay..

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Quick Stay in Kal - very happy
    • Standard Queen Room

basic breakfast. but no different to anywhere else. optional soy almond or other milk would be preferred not much vegetarian meals available on the menu - but still good menu for others

The room was clean the location was central without being in the main street so the noise didn't come through private parking out the back was a bonus staff were assisted kindly gym use - The Oasis in Boulder. The town gym was a great bonus

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Most enjoyable stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Comfort and space in of the rooms. Sleep level was excellent too. Room was cleaned well each day. Had room service one nite and it was very nice and didn't have to wait long. Complimentary continental breakfast was a tasty bonus.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

For me it was a great location very Central, clean, ...
    • Standard Queen Room

For me it was a great location very Central, clean, friendly staff, nice bar, nice breakfast. Would happily stay there again if I ever back in Kalgoorlie..

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Location good, facilities good.
    • Standard Queen Room

Was disappointed about buffet breakfast, there was none, you had to make a special order for a breakfast....that is not buffet. Should have been told so when booking in as I asked whether we could upgrade our breakfast to buffet.

Did not see any croissants, but the continental breakfast was adequate except the cold meat (salami) tasted off.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Excellent accommodation and superb staff and service. Want to feel pampered? Then stay at Ibis Style
    • Standard Queen Room

Very noisy family (from the desert regions I deduced) on my floor who flouted all the rules, and even after being spoken to respectullyby staff for allowing their feral children to act dangerously in and around the pool. This "unlike" during my stay does not reflect in any negative way upon the hotel or staff. In fact, I was most impressed with the concern afforded to myself by staff in regard to the objectionable behaviour of this family when I was offered a room change so that I could get to sleep. Many thanks Ibis staff

The staff make all the difference in hospitality. Each staff member I dealt with were 10/10. The room's decor, cleanliness and comfort were excellent also. I will stay at Ibis Styles Kalgoorlie on subsequent trips. Being treated as if I was truly welcome is certainly a "plus" when travelling for any reason. Thankyou Ibis Styles Kalgoorlie.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

The best hotel stay I have had.
    • Standard Queen Room

I think if the outside was painted with fresh bright colours like the inside, it would look amazing.

It was the best hotel experience I have ever had. Comfy bed, nice and fresh deco.. very friendly staff. The pool was superb in the 40 degree heat. Very central location. Highly recommended. Thank you. 😁

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Great stay!!!
    • Standard Queen Room

The hot breakfast could be included.

The staff very nice, the matress was super comfy and the pool amazing. The location is perfect, 5 min from the center.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Christmas 2016
    • Standard Queen Room

Free WiFi as a given rather than necessitating being a member of Accor. When discussed we were offered it without above conditions.

The room was clean and tidy and the bed was very comfortable for sleeping. Complimentary bottle of water was welcome due to the 39C temp of the first day. Friendly staff in the restaurant and bar.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Continental breakfast was sufficient.
    • Superior Queen Room

Room noisy. Pool room...couldn't see pool but could look out over town. Balcony, but nothing to sit on.

Continental breakfast was sufficient. Dinner meal in restaurant was well overpriced and not great quality.Bar drinks generous. Staff chirpy. Room really nicely furnished, clean and quite trendy. Little bathroom with shower only but bright and clean and room was well serviced by housekeeping. Nice lamps, soft furnishings and comfy bed. Off street parking handy.A really good choice for this town where there is below average accomodation in high supply.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Centally located, easy check-in, good continental breakfast...
    • Standard Queen Room

No gym, just a pool in front of the restaurant.

Centally located, easy check-in, good continental breakfast - no need to go for the AUD 15 full breakfast surcharge.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Kalgoorlie Trip
    • Standard Queen Room

There was nothing I didn't like - everything is always on point every time I have stayed here

The entire service was great from staff to facilities to food. It is the only place I will stay when I come to Kalgoorlie

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Relaxing Stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Maybe more hanging space but that's about it.

The Staff were exceptional. Whether at reception or in the dining room, they were always helpful and pleasant. I had a moment with a door knob at an unfortunate time of the night and I cannot praise the staff highly enough for the way they handled the situation in a calm and pleasant manner. Thankyou to Arthur and the Team. We look forward to our next visit.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Its not the name of a hotel that matters its the friendly people loving their job that work inside!
    • Standard Queen Room

Everything was fantastic, but especially the staff ie: Sharon and Fiona especially who went out of their way to assist with finding hats for the race day when shops were closed, and arranging for a platter to take on our road trip! Thanks so much ladies!!! You deserve a pay rise!!:)

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Extremely enjoyable stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

The temperature of the water in the shower was just warm enough - not really as hot as we would have liked it.

The bed was extremely comfortable and we enjoyed the sun streaming in from the balcony. Good facilities including sofa, coffee table, desk and very good bathroom. Excellent large screen TV with movie streaming a great feature. Did not realise that continental breakfast was included.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Great place to stay in Kalgoorlie.

Everything was good.

Our room was very clean, the bed exceptionally comfortable, the restaurant had great staff and served lovely meals, plus breakfast included. The maintenance guy was really helpful also, making himself available immediately which we appreciated. We'd definitely stop here again.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The pool would be nice in summer.
    • Standard Queen Room

Our room was clean but there was a small pile of leaves inside the balcony door. The sliding door was stiff to open or close. There was some street noise at night. The front counter staff did not know much about local activities. Dining room staff were joyless and slopped around in thongs.

The pool would be nice in summer. Our room was spacious and well appointed.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Good value for money stay and rooms exceeded expectations as did our welcome upon arrival at 10.30pm
    • Standard Queen Room

Breakfast was a little disappointing - no welcome - no offer of coffee and no orange juice available. Day reception staff was not welcoming and slightly abrupt.

Newly Refurbished Rooms, Comfortable bed and bed linen. Spacious and clean bathrooms. Excellent reception staff upon arrival.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

great rooms
    • Standard Queen Room

after a 7 hour drive, it would have been nice to be greeted with a smile. Not very courteous and couldnt find my booking. plus, i mentioned I was an Accorr member[forgot my card]i asked to note this down for points. instead, i get an email saying welcome new member???frustrating as staff did not listen to what I told him

rooms were fresh, spacious and comfortable. Great sized rooms with modern facilities

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Everything is excellent but the waitress
    • Standard Queen Room

One of the waitress in Restuarant keep on looking at us when we having our breakfast. This make me feel really uncomfortable that I have to be watch all time because I didn't take the full breakfast service.

The staff in reception is friendly and helpful

Well located easy to find. Excellent reception and wait staff. Room staff acknowledged us.
    • Standard Queen Room

Nothing it was a very positive experience

Food was excellent had two dinners and one breakfast could not fault the food or service👍

Location, staff parking and rooms nice decor
    • Standard Queen Room

The bathroom floor was not clean

Location, staff parking and rooms nice decor

We’d stay again!
    • Standard Queen Room

Information of things to do in Kalgoorlie limited. Do your research in advance.

Good location, clean.

Comfortable, clean, met our expectation

Nil

Clean and well set out

Facility and location were great

Booking was easy

A+
    • Standard Queen Room

Clean rooms close to city fantastic

Fine
    • Standard Queen Room

Checking in needs a level of patience

Good Location, comfortable rooms with working space

Great hotel. Restaurant great value great food
    • Standard Queen Room

Noisey town woken early from trucks etc

Location great. Staff very helpful.

loud staff

loud staff

Good stay. Great location

Drafty on the 3rd floor 307

Good favjties. Nice room. Comfy fed

☆☆☆

No complaints

Very modern

Clean and well appointed rooms.
    • Standard Queen Room

Clean and well appointed rooms.

Room was great.
    • Standard Queen Room

Restaurant was disappointing..insufficient staff for evening mealtime... Breakfast selection not extensive

Room was great..bed very comfortable

Overall Reasonable Staff knowledge very poor. I think for the distance from station & City Centre

Staff Knowledge of the area very poor, Price for room rather high due to distance from station & town centre.

Bed very comfortable facilities good

Would stay here again
    • Standard Queen Room

Lovely big room and bathroom. Location was also very good.