Reviews of ibis Styles Kununurra 3.5 stars

Cnr Victoria Hwy & Messmate Way, 6743 Kununurra, Australia

#9 of 12 hotels in Kununurra

Good spot for a short stay. Easy to book trips to areas of interest.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was in a rather noisy corner. WiFi was a bit unpredictable.

Breakfast was sufficient & good value for money. Hotel close to town centre. Staff were very helpful & friendly. Shuttle to airport was great.

Great staff, adequate accommodation.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a bit tired but everything worked so that was fine. A lick of paint here, a bit of extra cleaning there and some more detailed maintenance would improve things a lot.

We can’t speak too highly about the staff, we were offered a great welcome and they were always helpful.

Great value and friendly motel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was a bit out of date, but clean and functional.

Very friendly staff and management. Good value for money compared to alternatives. Excellent breakfast and even packed us a takeaway breakfast for one of our early departures. Pool and bbq around shady, central courtyard.

Room was a bit larger than I was expecting with ample room...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was a bit larger than I was expecting with ample room for suitcase to sit. Bed was large, comfy and presentable with aircon that nearly gave me hypothermia. Bathroom was tidy but shower was lower and had a stupid step to climb over - nearly did a knee

Thanks Chris for the great stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We've rated the Ibis very highly because the hospitality we received from Chris, the Manager, was amazing. In all our years of travel, we've very rarely come across someone so accommodating, caring and cheerful in his job.

I cancelled the other booking I had with this property and went elsewhere.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bar and restaurant were closed, so no option to buy a drink or to eat a meal during my stay. We were informed we could get a breakfast box in the morning if we liked. The water pressure in my handbasin was weak.

The pool was great and the staff very friendly. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

Very unhappy guests
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Firstly the toilet was filthy I had to clean it before we could use it. When we booked we got a letter back saying that breakfast was included in the price but when we checked in we were told that the kitchen was closed. On our first day I was in the shower when the room cleaner knocked on the door, my husband asked if she could come back later, she never returned that day. The day after she came while we were out but only washed two cups and emptied the bin. She didn’t make the bed or anything else. I would definitely not recommend this motel to anyone

Property is looking very tired and not very inviting from...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Property is looking very tired and not very inviting from the outside. Rooms need refurb and updating. Pool was clean and nice. Restaurant wasn’t open

Brief but all needs were met.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The aircon in my room was really noisy so I had to sleep with earplugs or no aircon.

Very comfortable bed. Breakfast was enough. Nice mangoes to go with my cereal.

terrible
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Curtains in the room all stained, bedspread had marks on them and the bath room was not cleaned properly, caps from previous users still left in bathroom and floor not swept, as well as rubber bands left around shower taps. Outside was not much better long grass and palm leaves just left where they had fallen. Would not stay here again or recommend, definitely not worth the price we paid.

Sorry not much to like, maybe the pool even though we didn't use, I must say the front desk person was very good and couldn't apologize enough, house keeping has let him down

customer service was great
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

advertised price, then when you try to book that actual price is not there.

customer service was great liked having breakfast included (will be better when the cook is back)

I left my handbag in the dining room at breakfast and it was...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Car park spaces were limited and I had to park a distance from the room.

I left my handbag in the dining room at breakfast and it was still there when I realised it was missing and went back. Honesty

manager was very friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very soft mattress. Hotel needed an upgrade and repaint. Music and sporting commentary competing noises in restaurant - not everyone likes/watches AFL!! noisy airconditioning

manager was very friendly and helpful. Nice pool area.

A clean and comfy hotel, good value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was clean and large enough and the bed was comfy. Breakfast came with the room and was a continental breakfast only which was a little disappointing as it's not advertised as continental so you assume it is a full breakfast - although you could pay to have something cooked if you wanted. We arrived in the dining area a few minutes before 9am to find that they were packing up so it may pay to find out when it closes. :) There was also zero information handed out at the desk, I even had to ask for the room number when we were given the key and nothing at all was mentioned about breakfast or what facilities were available - I had no idea there was even a pool until I spotted it the next day when I was searching for the breakfast area. It was a nice enough hotel though and we would stay again.

Good clean Hotel and one I would use again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I had to ring for Hotel transfer when I arrived at the airport to come and get me and others. It would have been nice if the hotel transfer vehicle was there waiting for us with a list of all our names.

The property was very clean and tidy

Great location in Kununurra
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The wine list in the restaurant wasn't all that great and some wine on the list were unavailable. Cleaning and restocking of the room was overlooked on our last day, but the office staff were really apologetic and went out of their way to find shampoo, milk etc for us.

Comfortable room. Included continental breakfast with the best tasting homemade muesli. Restaurant had great service and the menu was excellent. Swimming pool was clean and inviting with information displaying the air and water temperatures. Overall a very good place to make as home base for exploring what the area has to offer.

Outdoor dining in the beautiful balmy night.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The receptionist on booking in didn't know that breakfast was included even though there was a roadside banner saying 'free brekkies'. The sliding door in our room didn't work properly for us to brig our luggage in through it.

Outdoor dining in the beautiful balmy night. The excellent free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Fununurra, yes it was good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I requested a room with a bath! The on line booking said all rooms had a bath? but to b on the safe side I asked for one anyway. And got only a small bathroom with a shower. No bath.

Dinner was beautiful. Loved the outdoor setting. candles, dim lighting. Lovely

Good for an overnight stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning unit so loud and rattly had to turn it off - then had a very uncomfortable sleep. Room very dark with poor lighting.

Our assigned room was not made up - lovely receptionist gave us an upgraded room. Even though checkout was 11am staff happy for us to stay by pool ans swim till late afternoon when flight left. Excellent free courtesy transport to airport.

Peaceful and relaxing and staff very helpful and pleasent.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The urn in the lounge area has been boiled dry at some time , making coffee and tea taste awful You really need to invest in a new one.

Location was perfectly located to shops and walks to Kelly's Nob Very happy we were able to store our luggage and then also sit and read in the lounge area for a few hours before being transferred to the airport.

Great accommodation at an affordable price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

On the first night at the restaurant, the wait person was hard to understand and he did not understand us. Normally we can get by this but with my wife lactose and gluton intolerant a communication mix up with food could have ruined our night. The next night we had a different wait person who understand our issue and simply discussed with the chef our dietary requirements and my wife had an excellent meal.

Friendly helpful staff - excellent

Comfortable and friendly
    • Superior Room with King Bed

The air conditioner wasn't working the first night and when I tried to ring reception the phone wasn't working either! However, the next morning when I reported it, they couldn't have been more helpful and also offered to refund the cost of the previous evening's dinner.

The staff were all helpful and friendly. The room was a good size and clean, the restaurant was good.

Good location ,great breakfast , but bathroom needs update.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathroom very tired needed update. Drapes over window worn

Very friendly receptionist made us welcome,close to shops ,good continental breakfast ,comfortable bed.great service for dinner in dining room.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Really enjoyed myself
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

All the staff were exceptional very friendly all interested in advising you on how to make most of your trip from the manager to Steve the maintenance man thanks to them all

The best staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This property is a '70's motel that hasn't been renovated at all. In need of a major refurb.

Every member of staff was outstanding. Location is good and food in the restaurant is good. Happy to pickup and drop off at airport and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Budget done comfortably
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Any problems or questions I had were answered/ managed quickly and professionally by the staff. They were a great team and I would recommended ibis to anyone looking for good budget accommodation.

Good accommodation in Kununurra.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room walls appeared to transmit sounds quite easily. If we had had noisey neighbours, getting a good night's rest might have been an issue. Inputting the access code after hours would be easier if there was a light over the keypad.

Reception staff the highlight of this visit, friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast quite substantial. 2 Free movie channels, and free wifi if you are a member of their program. Security around the property was good.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Kununurra- Beware and Avoid stayng here if possible.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Got broken into, wallet and car stolen. Avoid the town of Kununurra like the plague! Cops say break ins multiple per night. Aboriginal kids so untouchable by law.

Wonderful front desk staff

Expensive room at mediocre motel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower was pathetic it was like a broken tap and the breakfast was mediocre at best,coffee machine didnt have coffee,the kettle in room had limescale in it.rooms are dated.

The bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Convenient, clean and value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom tiles probably need an update. They have been painted and the paint is starting to peel back.

The lady at the front desk was excellent, very helpful in providing local information and about our net destination. We also asked for a quiet room at the back of the building, which was indeed quiet. The breakfast was also great value for money.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

WC required work, out dated shower leaking into wall.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

WC required work, out dated shower leaking into wall. Tiles at handles. Staff eating in bar and really were not interested in bar service at 8-8.30pm when I got back to hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

Rooms were not up to standard.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room had flimsy door separating two accommodation units. Could hear everything from next door. A most uncomfortable situation.

Front counter staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Rooms were not up to standard.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I did not like the room as it had a flimsy door joining another room. There was no privacy and you could everything from the ajoining room. I would not stay in those conditions again.

Friendy office staff.

Enjoyed the stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking at the rear could have been better.

Room and staff were good. Location good.

I always stay at IBIS when when in Kununurra
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The early free breakfast and early checkout

OK, a bit disappointed
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Did not have a dining room as advertised, it was one of the reasons that this facility was chosen.

Very enjoyable

Only a shower curtain

Very comfortable bed - great breakfast - terrific location - everything in bedroom up to expectations

Good place to stay

Wifi signal too weak

Value for money

Great location and super helpful staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was functional but not great

Great location and super helpful staff

It was a great place to stay

Lovely friendly & helpful staff

Friendly helpful staff at The Ibis
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A late checkout was no problem!

Nice
    • Superior Room with King Bed

The room had a musty smell, and no evening meals.

Front lockable gates.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Had to laugh at continental breakfast. It’s Kellogg’s sultana brain sache and fruit cup located in your fridge. Ha ha!

Front lockable gates.

Not the greatest
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location, tv didn’t work, big gap in front door and too many people can just wander through

Not a lot

Good size rooms and comfortable beds
    • Superior Room with King Bed

Frogs in toilet and maggots in kettle

Good size rooms and comfortable beds

Good price and location

Restaurant was closed

Good price and location

Clean but ordinary
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Needed up date the curtains water marked the bathroom terrible very out dated

Room was clean

Excellent friendly service, with transfer to and from...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Excellent friendly service, with transfer to and from airport and great location

Excellent staff and a very convenient location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Chris was a wonderful host, very thoughtful and kind.

Satisfied Customer

NA

All good all round...

Great pool for those hot Kununurra days!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Great pool for those hot Kununurra days!

very good

location and comfort

Great place to wind down after a long drive
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Clean comfortable and friendly staff

Property has locked parking lot, so vehicle is safe at night

Property has locked parking lot, so vehicle is safe at night

Stayed an extra three nights
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The movies did not work.

The gardens, lay out, location & Adrian.

Ni e place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was mot that great. Just a cereals and fruits.

Room were clean and nice pool

Would recommend really close to the greyhound drop off and to shops. Couldn't fault anything
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff was really friendly, had a late check out and Ned was extra comfy :)

Pleasant
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Housekeeping of the rooms left a little to be desired.

The pool and the wonderful old mango tree on the premises.

Spacious room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathroom could use a little elbow grease as there was a bit of mould, also the tap to the basin wasn't working.

Spacious room

Great staff, great food and loved the bed.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. The lady at checkin was brilliant.

The staff were friendly and went out of their way to make it...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were friendly and went out of their way to make it easy for us.

Great place to stay when travelling through WA. Its a little Oasis before hitting the vast outback roads.

No room service

Clean and affordable

Excellent, keep up the good work!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The coffee in the machine wasn't as good...

The food in the restaurant and the staff are really friendly.

Top stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Kitchen closed at 8pm on the Saturday night. We were 5minutes late unknowingly.

Excellent service and location. Great staff. Comfy bed and great room.

All great no problems friendly staff and comfortable rooms.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing. All was what we have experienced in the past , as we always stay at the Ibis Styles.

Very central for out needs.

Satisfactory

Noisy leaking taps

Adequate for my requirements

Barramundi Fishing

All OK

Very Convenient location.

Great staff, facilities and location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a little dated. Comfy couch would be great.

Great staff, facilities and location.

Dinner in restaurant was good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a bit of a musty smell in our room

Dinner in restaurant was good. Staff helpful and friendly. Airport pick up.

The bed.

staff very pleasant and helpful

taps need washers

staff very pleasant and helpful

Really good, convenient location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Facilities and friendliness great restaurant food really good

Value for money

Room a bit dated

Very good location. Very helpful staff

Mary and John
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower left water across the floor.

The staff were great. Nice food and breakfast. The place looked nice and homely.

Overall was very good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Friendly staff and very clean property